/3x3/

read manga

Attached: 9 japshit.png (1200x1200, 3.45M)

make me
now that you got rid of a silent voice this thread will have even less of a chance to get bumped

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3264x3264, 2.87M)

If you haven't read any Nihei Tsutomu before, avoid Blame! Read Abara instead. Much more cohesive, better paneled, better designs (except for the Builder) and a concise story. While A Silent Voice was a lot of my (You) revenue, Abara is much, much cooler. And comfier.

Attached: abara.jpg (2141x2800, 1.07M)

Here is the Builder. Blame! didn't get good until the last 2 volumes. Abara is consistently at that level and above.

Attached: builder.jpg (713x1100, 131K)

ok so, lupin, fist of the north star, Sailor Moon, gundam 0083, Ojamajo doreimi, Either Do You Remember Love or Macross, patlabor, mirai shounen Conana, and K-On. Did I get all of them right?

>patlabor, mirai shounen Conana
Gotta say: I am impressed. I don't even blame you for mistaking Zeta for 0083, but these two. Excellent.

Attached: 1537350370216.jpg (1248x1080, 690K)

>Zeta
>Macross TV
Close user, close...

He must be special in the head if he thinks one of those is Future Boy Conan. Conan is much better looking than everything there so it would stand out a lot.

Attached: interesting.jpg (236x419, 8K)

>Conan is much better looking
Thanks for the laugh. Conan is typical Miyazaki schlock. Unimaginitive animation, character designs and visuals. If it wasn't so well animated for a 70s television show, it'd be utterly forgetable. Yet even it's "great animation" is insanely boring. That's Miyazaki for you.

It's an adaptation of The Great Tide, which it owes most of its qualities to. Nausicaa was also based on it and was a lot better.

Attached: 109274.jpg (3768x2995, 3.08M)

The Incredible Tide, I mean.

Attached: 3833d2bfeef3b5c9358ba25ed9696c52.jpg (2126x2975, 1.33M)

>much cooler. And comfier.
>13 chapters
since you promised last thread that this would be comfy i'll take your word for it.

The comfiest.

Attached: x31.png (2004x1400, 796K)

3/3
1/1

Attached: 3x6manga4.png (800x1592, 1.21M)

well wtf is it then?

her outfit looks like the patlabor outfit

close
it is
>top
lupin, fist of the north star, sailor moon
>middle
z gundam, ojamajo doremi, macross tv
>bottom
martian successor nadesico, heidi, k-on

i knew I recognized that chick from somewhere

>read manga
I do. Well, not right now, of course, while I'm typing. I'm not that good at multi-tasking.

4/5
Nothing changed for me, haven't read either of the two.

6/8
Wait ... what did you change this time?
I don't think it's different from last time, but I can't find it in the archives.

Manga: 1/3
Anime: 4/5

Attached: inverse3x3.png (999x999, 1.8M)

Erm, damn. Not the one I wanted to select. But, hey, I haven't posted my inverse one in a while, so I won't delete it.

Here's my actual manga grid.

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

And my anime 3x3.

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

5/5 pretty good
3/3 surprised I don't recognize anything in the top row even though I read quite a few mangos

>what did you change this time?
I used a different screen for the doremi frame

wait, is that supposed to be the urotsukidoji movie or the ova?

Ah, that makes sense.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean when you say that miyazaki's animation is boring. can you explain that?

Attached: entry-level recent.png (750x750, 1.14M)

>is that supposed to be the urotsukidoji movie or the ova?
Considering that the movie is just all of the OVA series cut into one shorter film, I don't think that makes much of a difference.
But I'd say it's the four (and a half) OVA series from 1987 to 1996. Those are my go-to-version of it.

This is a boring and stupid opinion.

r8

Attached: my sweet 3x3.jpg (904x904, 640K)

Meme/8

Attached: 1558361961970.jpg (512x401, 66K)

4/4
3/5
6/10
1/6
4/4
5/6

Attached: 3x3-mango.jpg (680x692, 228K)

1/1
0/0
1/1
1/1
2/2

Attached: 3x3_manga.png (1200x1200, 1.62M)

0/0

2/5

2/3
Why only 8?

Chisa's butt is too big for 1 panel

1/2 +Yotsubato -Lain
1/1 +K-ON!
3/5 +Trigun, Bebop, Ghost -SSY, Akira
2.5/5 +YGO, One piece ~Death -Pokemon, Franxx
2/3 +Yotsubato, OMP -HxH
1/2 +OPM -HxH
6/7 +LotGH, FLCL, Mushishi, Tatami, Eva, NHK -Lain
2/2 +One piece, Jojo (though I havn't read part 5)
2/2 +OPM, Mob

Attached: 3x3v2.png (999x999, 1.36M)

>Chisa's butt is too big for 1 panel
Well, user, there's an easy solution to that: You just have to change the layout.
Here, I made you something. You'll just have to edit in a ninth pick.

Also, I should have rated characters for yours. No idea why I haven't. So ...

Manga: 2/3
Characters: 5/3

Attached: how_about_this.png (1200x1200, 2.27M)

I'm actually more impressed that he somehow guessed 0083 instead of Zeta. Must be one of those secondaries who only watches the OVAs.

>I'm actually more impressed that he somehow guessed 0083 instead of Zeta.
Maybe he just mixed up their names? Dunno, but I can't imagine mixing up which main characters belong to which series.

2/4
5/6
4/4
4/7

Attached: mosaic52c08174efb8f3df23edd01abb2eda7ea68ec9cc.jpg (920x920, 321K)

does anybody have the moeshit version of this? I saw it once

3/8

3/7

No. But what do you need it for?

Why the fuck are you making a 3x3 if youve only read 9 manga?

fuck all of you

>if youve only read 9 manga?
Who are you talking to?

everyone except

Do you guys find your taste gets worse as you read more stuff? 5 years ago my 3x3 had mostly good manga but now it's more bad than good.

Same 8/8, but now that you're capable of digesting Nihei stories and art, you can try reading Biomega, following it up with Noise and then you can finally reread Blame and actually appreciate it, make sure to read new omnibuses or fixed blacks this time. Also, Blame Gakuen after, it's essential.
+Texh
4/6 ~Sailor, Kon -HnK do you have a challenge to change a grid, even if a little bit, for every new 3x3 thread?
+Lupin
>They hated him because he told them the truth
Conan is bad and you should feel bad for liking it.
>Much more cohesive, better paneled, better designs
The fuck am I reading, he did grew as an artist of course, but differences aren't that big.
6.5/8 ~Alita -Pun
+Dorohedoro
5.5/6 ~Bokurano
+Metropolis or Akira, not sure which one is it.
9/9
Really fond.
5/6 -Honey
+Meshi
3/5 ~Sailor, Plastic Little -Chu
+HxH
4.5/6 ~Music video -Asuka only read the manga though, doubt anime is any better.
+Hokusai
What's top left?
Really good.
5/5
+OP
5.5/6 ~Quintuplets
+Mob
4/6 ~Fate, Kon, Gatari, SSR
+Trigun
This looks so much better.
4/5 ~Paranoia, Gatari
+GTO
I will let you know I've read around 15.
You make no sense.

Attached: 3x3 manga 2.2.png (1209x1209, 2.34M)

Its just harder to find more good mangas when you read all the known one

And what makes you think they've only read 9 manga? OP, for example, has a nearly-exclusive manga grid and some very elusive picks. I'm sure he's read a good amount of manga.

>Do you guys find your taste gets worse as you read more stuff?
No, not really. If anything, it's gotten more nuanced, with me recognizing more and more why I actually like the things I like.

Second part is a reply to , obviously.

Attached: 3x3_manga.png (1200x1200, 1.66M)

1/3
2/5
4/6
1/1
nice
0/2
0/3
0/1
ecin
2/2 Mongoose
1/1 Annie-may
2/3

rate my daughters

Attached: 3x3 Daughteru.png (1558x1208, 2.02M)

3/8

3/7

2/3

Works well! Though I personally don't consider Fire Punch worthy of a point. So it's still
2/4

>worthy of a point
I've been out of the loop for a while. Is that another way of saying "I don't like it" or is there some other meaning?

>got rid of Koe no Katachi to fit and and avoid being criticized
as expected of you silly attention whore

>Is that another way of saying "I don't like it" or is there some other meaning?
No, it's saying "I don't consider it worthy of a point because I like it less than the things I do give points for".
In this case, I don't actively dislike it, but it's not a manga that stands out enough from the average manga to make me give it a point either.

wouldn't keeping it give him more attention though?

you know what I'm saying.

please try to convince me these people have been reading manga for more than 3 months.

>try to convince me
I don't think you'll be easy to convince, but I'll try.

>192151344
Gumn was big in the 90s, some people started reading in the early 2000 when "Last Order" came out. But I doubt it's a popular pick for beginners nowadays.

>192156604
This one has mostly popular picks (or at least some that were popular at a certain time, like Terra Formars) and not too much variety, but something like Billy Bat (which I've never read by the way) seems not like something someone new to manga would read.
Oh, and including something like One Piece strikes me as brutally honest.

>192160460
That's more of an anime grid, isn't it?

>192165167
Nah, come on. That butt is cute.
There is a bit of variety and the user seems to know what he likes. Yes, it appears to be mostly recent stuff, but I can only assume that he has read some other things as well, just maybe not things from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

>except
Why is he excluded?

pica-don

I read Biomega and Noise. Noise is a more competent Blame!, but it doesn't change my opinion. Biomega is definitely better presented with the paneling and art, but the story is literally incoherent. If you read Blame! a long time ago, you should reread it instead. The first few volumes are terrible and barely presentable. It gets better in the middle, but it's still not very good. It only redeems itself towards the end where Nihei stepped up him game completely. Abara has none of the problems of Blame! and is completely coherent. Its a massive difference in quality.

>do you have a challenge to change a grid, even if a little bit, for every new 3x3 thread?
I guess I like to mix it up. It's not easy for me to pin down my favorites to only 9 picks since often times my affection for a show has little to do with its quality, and when I end up switching one up for another I feel the need to make the grid look good and look for other shots I can use to achieve that
Maybe it is annoying idk

2/3
2/5
1/1
5/8
6/7

Attached: _a_ 3x3 anime.jpg (3264x3264, 2.26M)

Anime/manga: 1/2
Girls: 4/2

3/5

Wait what the fuck is this? Abara is not better than fucking Blame!

What is the source of the one left on the bottom?

Will check it out later, thanks.
>Noise is a more competent Blame!
No, it's not, and it's a work of it's own.
>but the story is literally incoherent
Jesus, I understood when you had a hard time following Blame's story, but what did you found hard to understand about Biomega? Last two volumes do get out of hand, but even then you can still make lots of sense out of it.
Getting reallly concerned here.
>The first few volumes are terrible and barely presentable
It's because he didn't know what the fuck he is doing just yet, he is getting a firm grasp of things starting at the second volume already.
>Abara has none of the problems of Blame! and is completely coherent
Story and narrative, world and characters — it's practically the same type of work, except it's short and not as interesting. I also don't think it's any better in terms of art of designs compared to Blame or especially Biomega, first 5 volumes of which is peak Nihei, sadly last volume is a big "Fuck you I am done with this" from him.
>Maybe it is annoying idk
I doubt anybody cares, bring it up only in hope to shake up the thread a bit.
I wonder what is Guts looking at.

Attached: blam.jpg (3500x2497, 3.79M)

Go read it now.

Attached: Genkaku Picasso.png (2112x1600, 1.01M)

read the master edition for blame bro

Thanks user

I don't care that Nihei was an amateur when he started Blame! If the majority of the story is awful, then the whole product is awful. Blame!fags are autistic if they think their poorly made atmosphere manga is better than the excellently made Abara. Being longer doesn't make Blame! better. If you want a good story of a man walking around, Walking Man is far superior to Blame!
The last 2 volumes of Biomega killed it. It was decent until then. I'm going to avoid Knights of Sidonia because it's probably rubbish. Aposimz could be nice, though.

What changes does it have from the normal one?

>If the majority of the story is awful, then the whole product is awful
It's not awful at any point, it's fairly interesting and captivating.
>excellently made Abara
Which is inferion to both poorly made Blame and Biomega.
All your argumentation centers around poor cohesion of the story, which is a personal problems of your comprehension. Why even read science fiction, if you don't let your imagination go wild? But the best part is that you proceed to compare Blame to fucking Walking Man, again!
You know what, user? I am Nihei about to start writing 6th volume of Biomega, and I am fucking done with this shit.

Attached: Wind.jpg (1492x1080, 246K)

Abara is the true pleb filter. I have Lain on my square, so trying to win points by insinuating Blame! and Biomega are too deep for me is idiotic.

Any more grids anyone?
Manga grids encouraged.

I skimmed through the thread to see what manga you like but I don't see any value in posting my own

>I don't see any value in posting my own
Why not? You could see what other people think about yours.

After seeing your grids I have determined that you lack the capacity for thought.

Ah, so you're either shitposting or just scared of being judged. Got it.

Bump.
Should I post my colour varations again? I don't want to make it a habit.

Well, okay then.

Attached: 3x3blue.png (999x999, 1.2M)

Attached: 3x3red.png (999x999, 1.06M)

I really feel I should try making more of these ...

Attached: 3x3green.png (999x999, 1.51M)

>read manga
>implying I even watch anime anymore
1/2
3/4
Still don't get the appeal of Zeta
2/2 anime
Y'know, I actually kinda liked Franxx
3/3
Victory is fucking hilarious
4/6
Mushishi can lick my dick
2/2
3/3
Fuck nigga iunno

Attached: 2shitty4u.jpg (1440x1440, 507K)

>now that you got rid of a silent voice
>While A Silent Voice was a lot of my (You) revenue
I had a feeling that was the case
+Zeta, Macross (tv), Keion
~Nadeisco, Heidi, HnK
-Lupin
+GiTS Movie, Noein
~SSY, Bebop, Trigun, PS, Akira
~DN, YGO
-Rest
+Blame
~Bakuman, Vinland, Terraformars, Jojo's
-One Piece
+FLCL, Keion
~Kizu, Trigun, LWA, SRS, FZ
-SG
+Bartender
~GTO, CG, Mongatari, PA
+Rakugo
~LotGH, Natsume
-Tatami, HxH, Gint
+Neko, Mononoke, X1999, Jin-Roh

Attached: 3x3.webm (1198x816, 2.94M)

>X1999
It's HnK actually

4/5

2/3 (for the "real taste")

One last lazy bump from me before I go to bed.

impressive

what are top left and bottom left?

You should change the font color of the reddit part or something. It is very hard to read.

6.5/8 ~Mad Bull -HnK
Assuming that's Joe and DYRL\Honneamise\Metropolis or some other movie I am pretty sure I've seen.
Hackjob, you can do better.

Attached: 3x3 Threads.jpg (1384x1080, 141K)

I'm thinking of another replacement, mangafriends. What are some other good Afternoon gems?

Attached: x162.png (1098x1600, 421K)