AOTY

Attached: IMG_8137.jpg (1366x768, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFyQAHyYCjg
youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Invader Zim? Wtf

They made a Zim anime?

no its the intro to the new movie. Dib was having a Mad house animated flash back

so what exactly is going on? just a movie or are they planning an entire reboot/successor season?

Movie

Attached: IMG_8138.jpg (679x382, 75K)

The series was pretty bad, but this movie was surprisingly good for a cartoon. Of course that doesn't mean it was anything to praise when you actually compare it to Japanese animation, but being around the quality of a mediocre seasonal anime already makes it miles better than any other """""animated"""" Western show.

Attached: ECI277YU4AE4P1Z.jpg (1200x672, 75K)

kill you are self

As a Jojo's fan I see nothing wrong with this.

>series was bad
>movie good
dude it was the same shit it was in the series, just more screeching and insanity in the series.

again its just Dibs Imagination

I'm aware. I was just making a joke.

>totally capable of making good animation
>won't do it
>instead get garbage like family guy and simspons
why is the west like this

>you are self
So this is Yea Forumsumblr humor? Le "xd I want to be mad but my sjw friends don't like hurting feefees so let me pretend to be ironic"? Ok snowflake, let me fix that for you.

Kill yourself. Kill. Yourself. Take a rope, tie it around your neck and a plank, get a chair, and shoot yourself in the fucking head. That's what you meant to say, get it? This is the internet, and you should kill yourself.

It's the new movie and the intro was on anime style as you see, it was a pretty good movie, I mean, relatively speaking, everyone expected it was going to be so much worse.

Ok kill yourself

>an entire race literally chose their leaders just because they were taller
did they ever go into the irken empire in the first place? or into other irkens on other planets?

bro you just posted cringe

This thread sure is going places

Attached: 274D070F-2EB9-47CB-AD00-F3BB7DD8E6D3.jpg (1080x586, 80K)

Attached: E1331502-01F8-452C-B8FC-1B70844DE16D.jpg (1080x586, 67K)

>The series was pretty bad
And disagree and hope you have a bad week.

Never gave Zim a chance. I was more into Danny Phantom and Teenage Robot and cartoon network shows

once again madhouse asserts itself as the best studio.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFyQAHyYCjg
Here is the opening scene

CHAD intro

Edgy Action Anime Zim
Chibi SOL Zim

>just more screeching and insanity in the series.
yeah, the series was amazing

Attached: gir_head.gif (500x375, 640K)

Why is G.I.R. so fucking great, and what's the animu equivalent to it?

From an interview with the creator of Zim:
>When you first push play to start this special, you get this amazing anime-inspired, action-packed, robust, crazy narration sequence to like drop you into this thing. Not what you’re expecting. Can you talk about the idea of coming up with that opening?

Vasquez: Oh, man. I hope people don’t listen to this before they see the movie because that’s one of those things that pretty early on, once we got in to production. Even before production, there were a couple of things that were just the favorite joke. They sustained me. And gave me a little boost of life along the production. It’s pretty grueling making anything regardless of the subject matter. Funny or drama, it’s still work. I had a couple of ideas and jokes that I could not wait till when this thing was actually done. I couldn’t… I loved thinking about when people got to experience these moments. And that’s one of them. Just starting with something that people absolutely don’t expect. Making the show with so much higher quality. And not just higher quality, like a completely different show where people who were fans of the show, people who aren’t fans of the show would watch it and just think, holy shit.

>Right.

Vasquez: This is like a whole other thing. “Oh my god. I’m on board for this. This is a freak show,” or, “Finally, this doesn’t look like the stupid crap it used to look like!” And that’s just like a couple of seconds and then we’re back in to a stupid-looking cartoon. And I really, really wanted feel people’s disappointment. You know? Like I’d love to be in an audience and hear people like laughing or cheering and then just feel that drop. When it’s back and they’re like, oh, this is actually the movie.I don’t know. I just love thinking about that.
Gir gets a musical number in the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=189gSbEkaeg

Stumbled upon the intro yesterday and was pretty surprised by how great it looked and the fact that there's an Invader Zim movie.
Gonna check that out, Zim is pretty based.

Jojo Dib VS Badass Zim

NOT SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE!!!

Peace is nice
Peace is nice
Peace is better than

Nah

>Vasquez: Oh, man. I hope people don’t listen to this before they see the movie because that’s one of those things that pretty early on, once we got in to production. Even before production, there were a couple of things that were just the favorite joke. They sustained me. And gave me a little boost of life along the production. It’s pretty grueling making anything regardless of the subject matter. Funny or drama, it’s still work. I had a couple of ideas and jokes that I could not wait till when this thing was actually done. I couldn’t… I loved thinking about when people got to experience these moments. And that’s one of them. Just starting with something that people absolutely don’t expect. Making the show with so much higher quality. And not just higher quality, like a completely different show where people who were fans of the show, people who aren’t fans of the show would watch it and just think, holy shit.
>the first thing netflix does is promote the movie with this clip

We don't deserve Jhonen

Attached: 1549984344817.png (326x245, 126K)

you know, there is a reason Yea Forums exists.

Attached: 1470535962271.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

we're discussing anime here, user
get bent

Go ahead, try to discuss Zim over on Yea Forums. You'll never want to go back to that board ever again.

The background art and art direction already put it ahead of most seasonal crap with the same backgrounds traced from photographs and filled with gradients.

Animation is expensive in the west, nips just get overworked+underpaid and are too beta to complain.

How do western cartoon movies work? Do I also have to wait for BDs?

who did they get to do the opening? surely they got some jap studio to do it