Vinland Saga Episode 7

Did they do the Boat justice?

Attached: EBt3YHlWkAIhVM2.jpg (942x768, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EA68KUb4e7Q
files.catbox.moe/sce53m.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=CSBbVWesp7U
youtu.be/tHk9vA5xIPU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigoths
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anglos are banned from this thread

Attached: 1565999659071.png (1104x1116, 601K)

absolutely botched it

>Askeladd has never dueled Thorfinn once since he was 7
How do you fuck that up?

HAIL THE KING OF BRITANNIA

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-10-11-at-10.05.25-PM.jpg (1400x998, 150K)

So is this the best we can hope for? Decent 2D animation combined with bad 3D animation?

Like I'm relieved that we are getting pretty decent 2D animation and that it isn't Berserk, but it still is offputting. Will anime ever get out of this phase or will it only get worse?

Yeah that was a bit of an odd change.

Yes, it's the best you can hope for if you don't want an episode every 3 decades.

They are still working on making a good combination between the two.
Japs studios still suck with 3D, but they are getting there.
Disney already know how to do it decades ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=EA68KUb4e7Q

Anime is not made weekly. Why do so many braindead leddit newfags think this?

But even like in major productions its getting worse. Have you see the Fire emblem 3 houses cutscenes? They are shamefully bad, which sucks because the rest of the game is pretty decent.

Is this a fuckin AMV?

But yeah, this is pretty decent animation. Kinda a shame it flopped

Yeah shit was weird

The manga suggests that every time Thorfinn completes a task, Askelaad grants him a duel, so by the timeskip there have been numerous duels

Did Thorfinnn always fucking naruto run in the manga? It's been a while since I read those earlier chapters but I don't remember it.

Nah. He doesn't even do it later in the episode, he runs normally. I assume they just did it to save budget.

Right, his complaint is that the anime is implying that Thorfinn hasn't had a single duel with Askeladd in the decade since when Askeladd first beat the shit out of him.

Those cutscenes were made by Khara who make the EVA rebuilds so they are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to studios using CGI.

The cutscenes in Awakening and Fate were done by Studio Anima and they were amazing.

Personally never hyped the boat that much, was just some cool shot, but I did like this episode.

Attached: firsperson_shooter.webm (720x404, 2.43M)

Yeah, I was halfway through the episode when I made that post. Guess so. The CGI really takes me out of it too.

Yeah, sure.
You need 2~3 years to make a feature lenght great quality anime with a dedicated staff. And 5+ years to make something godlike.
Imagine making a high quality 24 min × 25 one with the same quality. If you want that shit to come out in a single year, you either bring out a talented staff 25 times bigger than normal and split them to get 1 team per episode, or have them adopt an OVA schedule where an episode comes out every solar eclipse.

>Meanwhile mobage get godlike animated shit.
>Every game that hires IG or WIT actually get something potable.
As expected of the master Anno.

I'm sure they'd being doing a similar quality job with a budget in the hundreds of thousands per ten minutes of animation, too.

It's OK.

fucking WIT

It was OK. Could've been way worse, could've been better.

will those wikings ever get punished for their crimes?

Wit gave more love, attention, and detail to Kabaneri than they gave to motherfucking Vinland Saga.
Can we petition for Bones to get season 2?

Besides Thorfinn, only 2 of them survive

It'll only get worse.

And one of theme becomes a vegetable anyway

NORDS AND DANES ONLY 'ROUND HERE BOI

he's just a good actor

The problem is VInland Saga is airing together with ufotable's Kimetsu no Yaiba, and the stark contrast on how amazing ufotable combined 2D and 3D for their action scenes kind of hurt me a bit.

Doesn't help before this I wished ufotable adapted Vinland Saga for years before the anime announcement.

The naruto run made me rethink my evaluation of this show, fucking horrible mistake.

Why does Thorfinn look like an ugly fat manlet instead of a wild Viking badass like in the manga?

it's airing that late? I thought it had a younger audience

Based

Attached: 1564573036437.png (996x1022, 285K)

Thorfinn has always been a manlet.

I mean airing as in the same season. Kimetsu no Yaiba aired 11.30pm in Saturday and Vinland Saga aired late night also in Sunday.

With all that blood and decapitation there's no way Kimetsu no Yaiba is for younger audience.

KnY is for teenage girls.

like me

Thorkell will mention that Askeladd vs Thorfinn is really unfair because Askeladd is completely used to all of Thorfinn's moves, when they duel again later in the manga.

So this fucks that, too.

I would bet money they didnt chane it, but worded it differently. Next episode will have old time crew members telling new ones how these duels happens every now and then and are always a stomp in favor of Askeladd.

The blood and decapitation are softer than burning someone alive last episode.

They worded it a bit weirdly but you could understand it as Thorfinn saying "you keep making me do your dirty work for you so cut the bullshit, you know what I want". Last episode had a slightly older Thorfinn ask why he should go scouting and Askeladd points at his neck like it's business as usual. They have been dueling.

I want to marry Askeladd plz post fanart

>I want to marry Askeladd
Get in line.

You have to go through Bjorn first.

Is this one of those stories where every character is such an insufferable douchebag I never have to worry about feeling bad when they die?

the only prominent character that's actually easy to dislike won't even appear in the anime

Literal niggers, I wish rope stayed around to wipe the off the map sooner. S

Literally every character introduced so far is easy to dislike.

No, because seriously no one in the cast is an insufferable douchebag and make you wish they are still alive. The MC is a revenge-obsessed idiot in the first season though, so if you don't like that then it's not for you.

*rome

Vikingbayo!

Attached: file.png (492x712, 216K)

Really

Kimetsu no Yaiba has legit better animation but its soooo fucking boring holy shit
meanwhile Vinland Saga has this engaging berserk type to it that is so damn rare to see.
Why cant we have both? good animation and a good story/plot?

Attached: Crixus-Spartacus-Manu-Bennett-Gaul-gladiator-a.jpg (500x495, 24K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-193200~01.png (1080x1563, 1.15M)

>all that shitty cgi
oh god oh fuck wit will fuck up the marley kino while adapting attack on titan too

I prefer vinland saga adaption simply because the pacing is better. Kimetsu has 20 episodes and it's still at the fucking spider arc

It's the complete opposite for me everyone is so likeable even the assholes.

He duels with the retard every single time and everytime it end like this

Attached: 14(2).jpg (750x1081, 198K)

It's scientifically impossible to hate Thorkell.

The placement of that speech bubble in the bottom left panel makes it look like Askeladd ripped off Thorfinn's head.

Askeladd band?
they all die except for the two brothers
Half of them are killed by Askeladd himself

Why did the Normans act like Norsemen are completely foreign? Normans were Nor(se)men

Attached: 62360258-65C4-432A-B18D-A147BA154276.jpg (295x413, 22K)

What you mean? He is a manlet in the manga too

I don't understand why Naruto run triggers people

files.catbox.moe/sce53m.mp4
The CG boats are very noticeable when they are not at sea

Attached: 1566159370032.png (678x680, 365K)

It wouldn't trigger me in a fantastical setting, if you got magic and shit okay maybe running like a retard can be effective, but if it's supposed to be in any way realistic then running like a retard is immersion breaking.

> he doesn't know that another studio will be doing marley kino.

Maybe we will see them duel in the next episode, and the last two episodes already established that Thorfin gets his duel after performing his deeds.

Vinland Saga has good animation. You just want great, consistent animation like Mob Psycho and KnY.

It's okay, I wanted that too. I just comfort myself that at least Vinland Saga didn't get the 3D trash adaptation like Berserk and Kingdom.

Me too actually. I was so convinced VS was in safe hands but this episode was a mess. Naruto run for 5 seconds, disappearing rope during the boat charge and just general sub par animation. So disappointing

This is Studio Wit we are talking about. Even with a lot of lead production time before the airing with Magus Bride, they still crash and burn in the end. I still worried that VS will end up like that too.

>Cut corners and CGI boatcarry
>FORGET TO ANIMATE ROPES IN THEIR HANDS
OH NO NO NO

the cg humans were much more noticeable than the boats

Those were Franks dude

>Magus Bride
What happened to it? I only read the manga.

Because it looks utterly retarded.

You will cry for him

Well I never watched the anime either but near the end they had to hire a lot of animation directors, just like they did with Attack on Titan to ensure the quality consistent. AoT only had it worse that from the start of every season the production in chaotic mode and they always scrambled to finish it prior airing every week.

Compare that to Mob Psycho Season 2 production when they basically finished the production early and sent the last episode to tv episode weeks before broadcast. And it showed.

Why is everyone sucking off that Demon anime now? Months age people were constantly telling me it has bad CG and was generic shit but now everyone and their mother sucks it off like its the best thing since sliced bread, what happened?

*TV station

Attached: knutteddotcom.jpg (471x470, 83K)

Aside from a few bad CG scenes, all the action scenes are on point, great animation and has a beautiful soundtrack. The last 5 minutes of Ep 19 is basically all your cliche shounen plot device executed fantastically.

Still your standard shounen though.

Nobody ever said it had bad CGI, but it was indeed generic shit. It had a good production but mediocre source material, and now it had one ep with fantastic production.

Is there a Askeladd version of the Madara Uchiha copypasta yet?

Do you not watch things and form your own opinion?

ASKELADD DID NOTHING WRONG

No. You should make one if you want it that badly.

You sound like an ANN/twitter type of faggot, I suggest you drop this and go back

I dont have any opinions of my own, I only regurgitate what other people say about pop-culture. Im an NPC.

>petition
When did that cringy shit get anything accomplished? All you'll get is some reddit upvotes

Bones would be absolutely shit for a series like Vinland, stop having this mindset that " they can do sakuga really well so they should adopt all my favorite manga". WIT with all its fault is the best studio for a series of this scale.

Attached: come forth.jpg (1746x1166, 719K)

Well, this is a spoiler

Since this scene features no boats (so no CG)or too many extras and will be set in an interior environment, I think it will be pure kinography.

Can t wait for december

Well..what did he say?

Attached: Confession.jpg (1440x2560, 1.35M)

every fight scene has CGI because of the rotating camera shit though

I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK

Fucked it up so bad, holy shit.

This shit is so boring. When will Askeladd and his crew die?

I am sorry but i want to be dominated by Hild

It’s the same phenomenon MHA went under. Episodes toward the end are HYPE!!! battles with good animation and directing, which make people interested in watching it and then they praise it as a masterpiece.

It wasn't that bad jesus, you're making it sound like it was berserk 2016-tier.

Around ep20

Im glad people enjoyed, but I couldn't. I just hope from now, he won't get this much of a shitshow. 1 bad episode isn't detrimental.

ANN is still a thing?

This battle only works as an introduction to the world and characters. When you already know them, it's inevitable it feels a bit pointless.

Next episode will be better since there's actual character development in it and we get to see stuff like a real duel between Thorfinn and Askeladd, or Thorfinn dreaming of his father and remembering his words. Though to be honest I just want them to wrap-up this "sidequest" in France and get the real plot with Thorkell and Canute started already.

The presentation isn't the same, and it's a bit tamer compared to the manga.

No, the wording was that no matter how much Thorfinn kills on command, Askeladd keeps on ducking Thorfinn saying he hasn't done enough to deserve a duel when in fact. Askeladd routinely dueled Thorfinn and beat his ass down while Thorfinn stewed on his loss then killed more people for an 'honorable duel' which happened so many times Askeladd could read the boy like a book.

I think they didn't want to leave out the boat scene.

This is actually one of the better medieval siege scenes I've seen in anime(not that there is much to compare). The tactics and look was spot on.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_02.36_[2019.08.18_19.26.55].jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CSBbVWesp7U
here, something with you can compare

What the hell, this is great. Why have I never seen a thread about this anime?

because it is one of the most underrated anime

What the hell is this? From that clip I got the impression of a realistic medieval anime but this looks like generic isekaishit? Is it actually good or was that clip just the one good part?

Attached: mariathevirgin.png (1280x720, 678K)

c*nny

well the focus is on the VIRGIN witch, war just happens in the setting.

*Sigh*, I was hoping there was actual historical medieval kino out there. Im tired of fan-serviceshit.

Attached: mariavirgin.png (1280x720, 725K)

>everything fantasy is now 'isekaishit'

Attached: 1453967190448.jpg (700x467, 75K)

>isekai
here's your (you)

To be fair, Askeladd could read him since he's always angry when they fight and Askeladd can see where he's going to attack. Even without that comment from Thorkell, I still think it makes sense.

You're quoting someone who is literally so impotent they get off on wrapping chainmail to their dick when fapping than tits and ass. What did you expect?

you're right, limp-dick armchair historians really ought to do the whole board a favour and off themselves

Oh my mistake, I meant native isekai.

Attached: houtarou_smug.png (889x589, 597K)

buzzword perpetuated by newfags, you don't even deserve a smug reply, you deserve disgust

Attached: bf244c5a34ee9f9b1ffd21ce21125078.png (642x799, 348K)

Name one word that isn't a buzzword, Ill wait.

(You)

Buzzword.

Attached: thebig3.jpg (1639x1379, 446K)

(you) does not discriminate

Attached: 2lnappn4it011.jpg (889x1400, 356K)

how can women even compete

Attached: can.png (300x300, 72K)

no

Attached: 1566018884848.png (1000x773, 539K)

Attached: 1485297724892.png (536x1050, 589K)

Didn't Thorkell have 3 of his right hand fingers cut by Thorfinn?

2 i think

oh fuck I got excited but this is just that virgin witch anime, which was fine but I already watched it.

Bee

I know a lot of people think these yellow monsters are cute and shit but I screech like a little baby everytime of these gets near me.

Attached: bees_flowers.png (968x681, 705K)

just 2

Attached: hand.jpg (400x396, 58K)

>liking the absolutely horrific cgi animation in Kimetsu no Yaiba

the bits I saw didn't look bad

wtf you disgust me, bees and wasps are your friends!

Fuck off

Attached: bee.png (704x672, 378K)

>bees
yes
>wasps
no

wasps are the vikings of the insect world all they do is pillage

No we're not.

Pretty sure this is before the french king gave the noreman land to settle in northern France.

wasps kill plant pests and only stings threatened, wtf

Who could be behind this post?

>only stings thretened
Which is all the time

Post an example

stop sending threat letters to your local wasp queens

amazing use of CGI imo desu wa, the contrast with the background provides clear understanding of the scene and cinematography. Excellent job by the director.

Attached: vinlandboats.webm (1280x720, 710K)

uh this is uh surrealist.....

this is your anime on CGI

disney has 1 billion times higher budget

What I was saying is that Japs studios have to develop the right solutions, they are getting year by year there.
Vinland Saga 2d-3d hybrid is not bad, but could be better.

There have been plenty of worrying parts, almost every scene with Floki in ep2 looked cheap as hell. Most important parts are handled well and a nice part of the worse animation has been covered by good direction.

They barely sting. Just don't provoke them.

After thinking about it, the naruto run was probably to save on animation.
Fixed arm vs swinging arms.

igetthatreference.gif

Get out of my thread, I can hear the youtu.be/tHk9vA5xIPU

I know when Moekell shows up the quality will suddenly increase again.

Wow user, really?

Give them a little break, they dont have steamboy budget.

>steamboy
Is it a good film?

I'm guessing it's always because of this and because they think it's cool/it's just how you run in anime.
What irks me is when they have occasional shots with arms swinging like they did in this ep.

They Cannut

>I love Hild.

>What irks me is when they have occasional shots with arms swinging like they did in this ep.
Just consider it as homage.

I can only get it up if you're blond and have a goatee.

That's fucked up man. Hot

Attached: king.png (800x515, 364K)

Weeeelll

Attached: askeladd--3.11.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Attached: kekinute.png (200x200, 77K)

He cute.

Hirrudu is cute. I hope we see her being embarrassed and smile again.

Attached: hild_praised.png (1120x1066, 779K)

You're so cringe this isn't true at all.
The only reason 3D seems like an issue is because the script of Vinland Saga is far more demanding.
A lot of large scale, huge action scenes, with 100s of individual drawings in any given manga spread.

How well something can be animated is purely dependent on shit like how many individuals are to be drawn for a single scene.

Kimetsu can "look" good, because 90% of the time. it's just two bodies, with their CGI background, even when it's multiple characters fighting you'll mostly get shots focusing on a set of people and not all of them moving at once.

Their animation isn't "better", and no the pretty lights, and moving cgi backgrounds with 2 people and screen and effects, wasn't impressive.
Vinland saga, as silly as it is doesn't have any flashy sparkly action scenes to be done in such a way period. The Asklead vs Thors fight was the same tier of 2d animation.

How long before we get to greasy neckbeard thorfinn?

Attached: Thorfinn_profile_image_(1015).png (350x350, 291K)

S2 (never ever)

It's not just the cg they use line weight and shading which alot of anime doesn't do anymore.

How do you pronounce his name?

>they use line weight
I have a good feeling you don't even know what this actually means.

>shading
WIT has all the shading in their world, point is, vinland saga would look jank by ufotable as well, had it had the same production time and schedule.

The only time their cgi models don't look completely atrocious is when it's a dark scene, and even then those 30 spider people, look jarring as fuck.(which isn't an effective narrative tool, past the first time you see them and it wares off, after that it just looks bad)

>I have a good feeling you don't even know what this actually means.
Why? I know what it means.

Because nearly every anime ever uses line weight, even if subconsciously, it's practically impossible to draw more then one thing in an environment without it, and you're acting like it's some rare forgotten skill

I love Bjorn

>subconsciously
What? Line weight takes alot extra work that's why most modern anime settles for normal lines. Even some manga doesn't do it anymore.

Me too

Attached: pearlywhites.png (162x189, 50K)

same desu

Speaking of him and referring to the manga:
I kinda hope Askeladd was being sincere when he said he actually respects Bjorn and genuinely considers him a friend and he wasn't just trying to make him feel better while dying.

Either way he looked genuinely depressed about his death.

No, it's not a lot of extra work, sure some things can be more dramatic and defined, but just a few extra lines is more then enough to convey, what's close and what isn't

Do you think they...

Attached: carry.png (500x443, 166K)

I think he really meant it. Thorfinn aside, he's the only one that he really trusts in his band after all.

The naruto run really hurt this episode, why'd they have to animate it like that?

Memes.

As kél ad

If the anime ever reach that point they'd better spend two season on the farm arc

>bone chilling slow burn with atmospheric build up and proper character development

Attached: honhonhonmerci.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

kek, he should have

>godfinn leaps 16 meters

How do you stop the GODfinn?

Attached: thorfinn_hits.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

To me this looks like just cutting corners considering they only have to animate one half of the sword/daggers

Is Askeladd a good dad?

Wtf is that rowing like they push underwater and then it comes out the other side, here its like they're putting it in and out.

no

Attached: 6806927_p0.jpg (1000x750, 141K)

I just don't get this scene, he's running to the left and he gets behind him and the next shot they have switched places, amd thorfinn is looking at the other side.

It is extra work that's why cheap anime doesn't do it. Try drawing yourself and you'll see.

simply the best

Attached: I hate you dad!.png (1524x1477, 1.64M)

farmland arc when?

Thorfinn charge ahead like a retard always aiming for the same spots
10 years and he does the same fucking moves
Just grab and manhandle the manlet

Attached: 7(5).jpg (750x1081, 196K)

>Just grab and manhandle the manlet
Sexually?

Malnutrition makes people stupid as well as short, it's not his fault.

Is ylva a shotacon?

Attached: ylva.png (210x336, 96K)

She's an Aricon.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.57_[2019.08.01_21.49.36].jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

She married a manlet compared to her absolute unit body

>I will never share a comfy fur bed int he freezing Icelandic winter with Ylva
>Instead I live in a hot as fuck country, fur beds are a thing of the past and I don't know any Ylvas

Holy fuck just end my life now.

gudrids gonna go up to him and demand him to literally take out his erect penis and proceed to impregnate her and thorfinn will just wonder "what did she mean by this???"

ASHELADDO, TEMEE!

Attached: dorufinn.png (1024x1366, 1.72M)

>tfw no bro like Bjorn

Attached: 1563825878483.jpg (1080x1080, 88K)

Nah, he'll just tell her how much money he's got in his bank account.

Just finished the manga. Some people were right, Askeladd stole the show and everything becomes meh after he dies.
While he was alive we had this interesting story about political intrigue with each side trying to outsmart the other, with a lot of kino moments like pic related. After he dies, all we get is some boring plot about ideals which plays with some overused concepts like principles vs consequences and violence perpetuates violence.

Attached: D39.png (952x1400, 351K)

heh I get it

He's running to the right, what are you on about?

Farmland is alright
Baltic War was just a One Piece arc

Attached: 12(2).jpg (1426x2048, 504K)

Garm is the Zenitsu of Vinland. Fuck, I hate this bastard so much.

I was just so happy to see Thorkell again I ignored the rest.

why to spoil people, user... and I tried to not spoiler anyone the whole thread

The only good thing of the arc

Attached: 7(6).jpg (1426x2048, 1.2M)

What would Thorfinn have done if he did kill Askeladd?

Why is he so perfect? I hope his hair goes back to normal.

so garm is literally me?

Attached: dubsguy.jpg (320x240, 9K)

>implying Zenitsu isn't based

have an early midlife crisis

Garm wasn't really a good character, but he's not as annoying as Zenitsu most of the time.

thorkell really was the main thing keeping the baltic sea war from being totally crap since it was basically an arc for him to go apeshit again

Except it was Thorkell who kept the arc running for another 10+ chapters since he started a rather unnecessary ear.

Attached: 1461537011695.jpg (930x337, 146K)

Debate going home but is too cowardly to do so. Realize he has no savings from his raids because he gave up everything for chances to fight Askeladd. Join up with another crew member and basically fights until he dies. Best case is someone tells him to check out the Jomsvikings and he gets recognized as Thors' kid.

>finished the manga

>Best case is someone tells him to check out the Jomsvikings and he gets recognized as Thors' kid.
And then get murdered by Floki

thats a good point, im kinda conflicted now. thorkell starting a needless war is totally in character and cpuld have fit the story well but the parts that werent thorkell being thorkell were drawn out longer than needed and not executed as well as pretty much any other arc that had come before

>everything becomes meh after he dies.
Fuck, i've just finished farm slave namek and i just hoped that maybe things would pick up again, considering there's like a 30 chapter arc named "baltic war".
I already gave up on Thorfinn being based ever again (they made him into a pacifist wimp with the stupidest bowlcut i've seen in manga too fast) but i feel like there's nothing to eagerly expect now.
When i started the anime i thought that the feeling of "something" lacking was just due to the slow start, but it's something inherent about the manga in general. Be it the characters, the plot and the action scenes, i think that i should have felt more hype but i didn't, i couldn't. It's like everything that happened failed to pack a real punch - instead of the manga feeling like a rollercoaster i felt like a moderate-speed ride through an even terrain. I guess that i couldn't really get invested into it, but i don't really understand why.

Attached: 14340577191611.jpg (517x367, 30K)

It really is something he would do though and he was depressed for months before the baltic war. But maybe the author uses him a little much as a conflict starter...

I feel as if i had spent the last 3 hours jerking off after a week of abstinence, expecting it to feel great, just to realize that i was more aroused by the thought of jerking off rather than the act on itself, just to apathetically close all the 15 tabs of hentai i had opened before and just lay down and do something else because i don't even feel like cumming anymore.

Attached: 1414987696441.png (368x368, 140K)

I just recently finished the released chapters after watching the anime and thoroughly enjoyed it even though the baltic war arc felt really drawn out, so I can't say I get what you're saying. Askeladd alone made the first arc the best arc, so the first part of farmland felt really disappointing, but it had some really powerful moments at the end. Maybe it all just boils down to preference, but the reaction to farmland arc seems pretty varied from what I've seen.

Perhaps so but at the phase that many people followed the manga it felt like quite a slog and a drop in quality in comparison to the earlier parts. It's still nice to know that people appreciate it for what it is though.

Farmland is good in hindsight but I remember when I had to wait a month after Askeladd died and it's suddenly completely different it came a bit as a shock.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys like Berserk as well as Vinland Saga?

Me, but I think I actually read Berserk after Vinland Saga. And I don't like where either are currently going.

I like them both a lot, but I like Vinland Saga a bit more.

Same as Berserk has gotten kind of old for me, at this point I'm actually just wishing it ended and actually gave us a resolution. With Vinland Saga I am still excited to see how it will develop.

>30% into the season
>Literally nothing has happened

Why is this allowed?

Attached: 7E0197C5-0373-46C4-AEBD-DD23155F7F38.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I think people kind of forget that after the timeskip Canute was in control of both Denmark and England, so it’s actually a time of peace for everyone. There were no need for wars and raids anymore, and it’s the main reason why we have the Baltic Sea War because Jomsvikings don’t know anything else besides killing people.

Isn't his hair too short?

Attached: D_hTUioU4AITI9b.jpg (360x203, 15K)

Canute killed the leader of Jomsvikings and sent Thorkell there because he precisely knew Thorkell will drag the conflict out until the Jomsvikings are in ruins and powerless. It’s why Thorkell was mad at Wulf because he was being played like that.

Does Thorkell know he's Canute's lap dog now?

played like a damn fiddle!

Is this official art? I can't source it.

Post pure fatherly love

Attached: 1546917639526.png (849x1200, 479K)

hoooly shit
>the naruto run
>the edgy twin daggers-wall leaping-invincible manlet ninja protag
and I thought the japs are capable of going out of their comfort zone

still more plausible than the actual sagas

thors was also over the top, but at least it was a warrior-looking man doing warrior-looking feats
thors v askeladd duel was kino

but thorfinn...

Yeah, one saga has a guy make the ocean's water level fewer by drinking out of it.

The season might end with a peek at him (as a "go read the manga" sorta nudge), but there's no fucking way we're gonna fit the Farmland arc plus all the shit before it in 24 episodes.

You're gonna enjoy yourself when they introduce Thorkell.

Honestly the first chapter of the manga was a great hook for people who like series such as Berserk. So yeah, I'm one of those people as well. Though I don't really care about Berserk at all at this point anymore.

Doesn't really change the fact, though that his character we like, brought down so much padding upon us.

He pretty much all but spells it out together with a "I fucking hate this fact", but in the end he just goes "Whatever, I'll play along since it'll get me into position to have some actual fighting".

True, but I'm biased about Thorkell. The arc didn't have any actual character development though...

So when do they actually get to Vinland and start fighting injuns and shit? Do they actually go there in the end or is it a "the real vinland was the friendships we made along the way" type deal?

I mean I'm enjoying the raping and pillaging of bongistan so far, but the title has been misleading.

at that broad level it makes sense but the actual individual events and execution within that have unfortunately been pretty subpar. I started off liking hild but shes a onebit broken tape recorder and while i get the purpose of a character like garm forcing thorfinn to confront his inner conflict about pacificsm, that little shit goes too far with his "ooOoo look at me im ViOleNT and wACkyyy!!" although at least i appreciated his autist moment when he thought he was already friends with thorfinn after a couple fights that were supposed to be to the death in his eyes

It didn't even happen in the manga yet.

Classical period
>Latin countries
>sophisticated, clean, intelligent, world powers
>germanic countries
>loud, obnoxious, dirty, savage

>Modern period
>Latin countries (france, italy, spain, portugal)
>loud, obnoxious, dirty, savage
>Germanic countries (Germany, Scandinavia, Netherlands, UK)
>sophisticated, clean, intelligent, world powers

what the hell happened ???

Attached: dane.png (640x426, 384K)

>both CGI boat and men
No.

Ok, reading up on the "historical" Thorfinn, I know he's a supposed Vinland explorer. I guess him going to Vinland will be the last arc or something.

>No way, fag.

Attached: That kick feels so good to watch.png (1114x1600, 433K)

Punished frank, denied his baguette and cigarettes.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Vinland Saga - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_09.30_[2019.08.18_19.33.53].jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Hey I take exception to that. We may be loud, obnoxious and savage, but dirty we are not. Do you have any idea how fucking hot it is here in Spain in summer? Gotta shower several times every day.

Also the great migration happened.

Fuck this faggot, he shouldn't even exist in Vinland Saga.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migration_(African_American)
I didn't know spaniards were niggers.

Wrong migration you illiterate fuck.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visigoths

That was the past user

Arr rook the same

I wonder if the manga will go beyond Vinland because that obviously didn't end well.

IMAGINE getting rekt'd by a manlet.

It will timeskip to the 1800s and show that even in the new continent, slavery and violence still prevail, ending the whole series on a pessimistic view.

He's only 13 years old you fucking autist.

Is that supposed excuse the angl*s?

Why'd Siggy have to get keked so hard bros?

Attached: Gudrid_found.png (800x1143, 823K)

>mfw this adaption

i'm starting to lose hope, bros. might just drop it and stick to the manga like i always do

Attached: b83c68ad3e9955f502f12dcf58eb0245.png (297x345, 208K)

Attached: height-age-boys-average-children-600w-364598792.png (900x640, 551K)

name 3 major things wrong with this adaption, the CGI I'll grant you so go for two atleast

Its always a dumb idea to not read the manga before entering Yea Forums. There are at least 100 different spoilers in this very thread. Adoptations been great btw, just a bit of CG in this episode doesn't devalue all its greats.

He's 15.

>Naruto running

>cutting through armor like it's nothing

>a child who can take out 12 trained armored men including their captain

>immune to arrows also

>"tsk you won't even fight me? pussy!"

>edgelord

>triple wielding One Piss style

>Shigechi rip off one dimensional villain

Let me guess... you cucks think this is a good manga because it's called a "seinen", even though it's a shonen (Viking Naruto).

>Shigechi rip off one dimensional villain
Shigechi wasn't a villain, fuck off Kira.

shit pacing
terrible OST
bad color pallet
unnecessary original stuff in the adaption (thorfinn being a little raging pepe for 5 episodes for one)

but user, i've read the manga ever since 2010. i'm saying i'm just gonna ignore the anime and stay with the manga on its monthly release.

It had the Floki subplot conclusion, though I hoped we could have postponed that a little bit longer.

>bad color pallet
This is just wrong. How the fuck is the color pallet bad?

he is 15-16 and this is as big as he gets

I only agree on the terrible OST

Vinlandcucks BTFO

Why did you reply to yourself?

does it get better than this, mangabros? if it's naruto thorfinn's badass ninja adventures for the whole season i'm gonna have to drop it

Just fucking watch the thing. Why do you need the approval of anonymous fuckheads to do such a simple task of just watching all 24 episodes as it airs? Jesus.

We warned you bro

>bad color pallet
LMAO