Just finished reading part 6 and I've got to say it is now my favorite part despite already knowing what happens I just...

Just finished reading part 6 and I've got to say it is now my favorite part despite already knowing what happens I just don't understand the hate for it, why do people dislike Stone Ocean so much?
It has one of the most satisfying conclusions in all of Jojo.

Attached: Part_6_ending.jpg (256x197, 18K)

I'm on the Dragon's Dream part and it's all so fucking dumb from that point forward

Part 6 is the ultimate pleb filter.

Yeah it’s pretty good other than dragons dream, I have high hopes DP will fix it or make it better somehow I mean dang just look what they did for part 5

I LOVE THEM

Attached: 10641251_821388467883667_2905898858082448815_n.jpg (619x960, 80K)

How would have Stone Ocean been if Anasui stayed as a girl?

>thing is dumb and bad
>you just don't understand it

Hermes does nothing, most of the fights are quite unengaging and no memorable villains aside from Pucci and Donatello

>why do people dislike Stone Ocean so much?
Misoginy.
If you liked SO then you're in for a treat with SBR.
(s)he would have been more likeable, that's for sure and maybe the crush subplot would have not happened.

Attached: 1565678807734.jpg (1560x1200, 909K)

Attached: HermesCollor.png (567x757, 1M)

mostly because of seething 5fags whose favourite onenote protagonist was only teased and never used in actuality in SO

>why do people dislike Stone Ocean so much?
Shit taste.

Attached: F9F447D0-E329-40F1-99FB-06DE1C459676.jpg (731x931, 214K)

Attached: CC6BF256-CD51-4F82-9589-3E9B61887251.jpg (946x1345, 187K)

Why is Jotaro Kujo but Jolyne Cujoh

Could have been the mother’s choice

they just get mad about the ending

just hope dp will use the stardust crusaders soundtrack for some fights with ocean man like they did with p4
even if i can only think of one or two times it will actually fit

Attached: 15545363463534653645.png (603x690, 807K)

Attached: oz19ysp2pfg31.png (1226x1754, 2.58M)

Part 6 is literal trash the only good thing about it is the guy with weather report and the faggot priest. And the fact that part 6 leads up to the best part in jojo series which is part 7. 6 is trash but necessary i guess.

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

outside of jolyne the characters suck shit
the art is not as good as in part 5
the stand battles are not cool or interesting
the setting is boring
I can go on

Attached: 1537003246469.png (254x283, 105K)

Let's break it down...

>Story
Compared to DiU and VA, the story felt rather weak for the most part. The fights were a step up from DiU, but completely inferior to VA's. The setting was likely the least interesting out of any part. In addition, the story does not seem as original as the parts before, and seems to be a rehash of SDC's main plot line. However, after they leave the prison, the story gets amazing, but it's far too late to push it above DiU and VA, which were much more consistently good.

>Characters
Jolyne was a pretty good character, but definitely in the lower half of my favorite JoJos. She isn't as complex as Johnny or Gappy, isn't as developed as Jotaro and Joseph and Giorno is way more thematically brilliant and poignant as a character. The side characters were hit or miss. Weather Report was amazing. Anasui was great. FF was alright. Ermes was mediocre and a bad JoBro. One big plus is Jotaro and Dio’s development, though. Their character arcs are completed in Part 6.

>Minor Antagonists
My biggest complaint. DiU had individuals attempting to live their lives, with their own distinct personalities and ambitions. VA humanized brutal murderers with tragic pasts, proving they were victims of fate. Unfortunately, Araki reverted back to the mindless antagonists of SDC. (Note: this does not apply to Dio's sons)

>Pucci
He quite literally saved the story. SO was on track to be my second least favorite part, but it's actually my fifth favorite due to Pucci's character and the last six arcs. Any criticism towards SO is not towards Pucci. He's my second favorite villain in all of JoJo and one of Araki's best characters.

Because everything before Green Baby is unbearably awful.

I'm currently reading part 6 for the first time, reached the fight vs c-moon. all in all I think I sort of prefer it to 5 just because most of the fights this time don't involve too much of "I let my body be mauled because I predicted this move and here's my counter (rinse and repeat)".
but yeah, I think the writing in general took a nose down from the already meh vento aureo.
first of all, I hate that it retroactively ruins dio by sticking all this ridiculous crap to his character that wasn't either foreshadowed in previous parts, nor actually needed.
I also dislike how heavy-handed the writing goes about scientific trivia that only make the absurdity of it all. for instance, the fight with rykiel gives an over detailed explanation of how the human body works, and then jolyne sets herself on fire like nothing. jojo has always had these absurdities, but this is the first time it felt like araki wrote it with wikipedia opened.
I don't know, since they left the prison it got a bit boring imo, mostly because it feels like the story is just wasting my time instead of going straight to the point. dio's sons add literally fucking nothing to the storym other than learning that dio liked to fuck and that somehow all of his sons were a bunch of retards except somehow for giorno. same goes for weather report's story. with very few changes you could cut anything between ungaro and versace, and absolutely nothing of value would be lost

>Weather Report was amazing.
strongly disagree, I think he had potential but everything about how his character has been dealt with was atrocious
I honestly prefer annasui. more simple but less room for idiotic turns of events

It had a strong beginning and the best ending out of all the parts Sadly, the middle was beyond awful, but definitely salvageable when the anime comes around.