Is this the perfect anime?

Is this the perfect anime?
>perfect amount of romance
>perfect amount of melodrama
>hand drawn exquisitely
>finale is superb
>4cour

What happened 50episode series that actually invested in the characters and make it worth it?

Attached: eureka-seven-review-1.jpg (1608x900, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXWgR5VhcSc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What happened 50episode series that actually invested in the characters and make it worth it?
I doubt there are even 10 anime like this including E7 that aren't adaptations or made by Sunrise.

Eureka 7 had twice as many episodes as it needed to have.

>Eureka 7 has too much of a good thing

I don't think so, I think some episode could've been replaced with other events or add more lord to the universe or develop more some characters but 50 episodes wasn't too much imo.

>muh characters
Biggest cancer in fiction. Writing relatable characters is virtually the easiest thing in existence. Now try to write a multilayered story that was built on foreshadowing instead. A work that seamlessly progresses its narrative from start to finish, without leaving any of its plot threads unresolved. A truly impressive feat.

>192128889
Too bad that we usually get neither of those.

Half as many as it needed. Make the next 50 just Renton and Eureka together exploring the world and eventually making more children for her.

So Shingeki no Kyojin?

I would not call it perfect (it certainly had things that could be improved), but it is absolutely a masterpiece. Definitely one of my favorites and there's not a lot of anime that hit the same notes, whether before or after.

Attached: Longboard wallpaper 1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 538K)

isn't SnK the exact opposite?

Plot is the most irrelevant bullshit in the world

Cl/a/ssic snobbery

When I finished E7 for the first time, I loved it so much that I started rewatching as soon as I finished the last episode. It was perfect.

I watched it again a few months ago and it was great, but it wasn't as good as I remembered.

As a screenwriter myself I can say that your opinion is absolutely trash and you really don't know nothing about writting a story.

>As a screenwriter
So you take someone else's genius and simply adds a bunch of fluff to it. Congratulations.

Sorry but you’re wrong, the ideal fictional story comes in the form a wikipedia article detailing the events in chronological order.

So Evangelion?

Ok sorry I thought you were serious but you're just a shitposter.

Evangelion is the polar opposite. Madoka and HxH on the other hand...

>Kick the main characters face in for 20 episodes straight, make everyone on the ship except the little kids and Eureka unfeeling assholes that barely give two shits about Rentons health or state of mind
>have Renton get adopted by David Hasselhoff and his hot infertile wife, both dying for a surrogate son
>kill them both off
>afterwards shift gears
>everyone on the ship likes Renton now
>Eureka loves Renton now
>pretend you've built up a world even though there's been next to nothing said about the world previously besides one off lines and that one episode where a dude pulled giant poles out of the ground

Eureka 7 is not a masterpiece unless the last 7 episodes rewrite the first half of the show.

>I am important! I am an artist!
No, you are not.

Soundtrack is great desu, but Eureka is literally the only one of the main characters that wasn't a complete prick. Best characters (Dominic and Anemone) get half as much screen time as they deserve. Renton is awful the whole way through, even his character development toward the end doesn't save him from being an entitled little shithead

But the most damning thing about this show is that it inspired Xam'd, which to this day still makes me made at how much potential it wasted.

Attached: 98247394.jpg (400x300, 42K)

After much thinking, I was able to think of Digimon Tamers.

You can probably find a few more toy commercials that qualify, but it's not easy.

It's my favorite anime, though it has some flaws. Glad Bones left it alone after all these years instead of ruining it with sequels and rehashed movies.

E7 and Kemono no Souja Erin are good examples of long cours that went well. E7 appeals to me emotionally though, I love innocent romance.

>Unironicaly watching anime expecting great storytelling
user did your dad pissed in your mom pussy after cumming ?

Attached: 1563745865712.jpg (720x668, 58K)

Good lord. It's like they shot the head writer halfway through.

Attached: xam'd.jpg (1280x960, 494K)

The only flaws I have with this anime is that it's 4:3 and the kids could be a little annoying but other than that it's god tier

CHERRY CROISSANT CHERRY CROISSANT

More soul in a one off picture of side-side characters than 99% of anime main protagonists

Attached: 1453921390076.jpg (1440x1080, 196K)

>Yea Forums reject with his head up his ass

>Kemono no Souja Erin
Ironically, even if romance weren't the focus of the series, relationships between her and Ial were great too. It's pretty obvious that this one was written by a woman.

Attached: 1541486168286.png (900x1500, 997K)

>Rei Ayanami > Eureka

So short haired autistic girls is the key?

I'm from Yea Forums and this guy is just making shit up because characters are the story.

Rei is just an obedient girl without strong personality in order to appeal to the male otaku audience

>I'm from Yea Forums
Opinion discarded. You need to be 18 to post on this board.

>tfw Dewey Novak had a patrician taste

Attached: tumblr_inline_n0r64mt1531qlouf1.png (500x673, 376K)

It was great to see Erin interacting with the world and other people, aside from the best taming naturally.

it's funny reading this on neo-Yea Forums, if you posted this at least 10 years ago I would not discredit it.

I mean you should assume anything you read here is done by a shitposter. Especially long arguments about why something is bad.

I love Fleur Blanc

Attached: __elena_peoples_fleur_blanc_fukai_ao_and_noah_eureka_seven_series_and_etc__sample-2c4f12de035af76323 (850x1133, 211K)

Literally who?

Tbf I'm from Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Yea Forums

just because something is difficult to do it's not automatically entertaining or interesting and anything that's not one of those two things is irrelevant

>bunch of useless characters stuffed in (especially the fucking kids. jesus, i wanted to shoot them after half an episode)
>the very idea of gekkostate is retarded beyond belief
>derpy mecha design overall, nirvash is one of the ugliest mecha i have ever seen
>part of the main cast is intolerable, and we're supposed to be rooting for them
>pacing swings between good and bad, story overbloated, you could easily cut down 10 episodes without losing anything
>unappealing world setting

i did watch it, finished it, enjoyed some parts, but it got tiring and i don't see myself ever rewatching it. ok anime, talho's redesign is a sin against humanity.

>romance

Instashit

The show has flaws yes but most of your arguments are totaly subjective.

So are OP's.

>calling based Kawamori Shouji's mecha designs "derpy"
opinion discarded

>especially the fucking kids. jesus, i wanted to shoot them after half an episode

How about Maeter?

Attached: dvd_snapshot_05-25_2015-11-20_08-38-58.jpg (720x576, 45K)

>good creators can't possibly make bad creations
ok brainlet.

>they'll never be another 50 episode show
>they'll never be hand animated robots ever again

>First let me make it clear that the production methods we used 15 years ago are no longer available to us. Animators capable of hand-drawing the frames of such scenes have become scarce, so the practices and tools used back then are practically lost to us.

>If we were to consider the miraculous work of super creators back then an A+, modern CG can still hold a passing grade indefinitely. However, 2D anime can yield an awful F with just a slight mistake. The efforts of a handful of experts are what kept things around a B for much of the time.

>With such creators in decline and the explosive increase in anime productions, it’s getting harder and harder to make hits. That’s why the shift in attention by investors and animators to 3D may be inevitable.
>xam'd
>that setting, designs, character arcs, eastern religious themes and tones, music art etc

Only thing worse was Fractale. Least Xam'd had enough really good points to make it average.

Remember trying to find it up on youtube, since it was only on that PS3 streaming service.

youtube.com/watch?v=fXWgR5VhcSc

Attached: Xam'd Lost Memories ost 2.jpg (440x436, 87K)

sounds like you missed the entire point of the Beams arc and everything leading up to it

? >24 episode series are more rare than youre making it out to be

Would you look at that. Some still cares about the series after the sequel ruined it for everyone.

Attached: 1522093907869.jpg (640x480, 34K)

I really cannot stand kids in any form of media and those little shits are almost the entire reason I never finished the show.

He's totally right about the world building though, and that's a huge flaw.

I get the point, but the ends don't justify the means. It's not fun watching Gekkostate fuck Renton over, and whatever bullshit point the author's trying to push doesn't make it better. It doesn't make the sudden shift after the Beams die any better either.

This show wasn't good though.

Would you care to explain why?

for the most part, I don't necessarily agree with the aspect of the Gekko suddenly liking Renton, so I'll apologize for the prior comment, but by the time Renton left everyone was pretty much on his side barring Holland and Holland was still doing dumb shit because he was convinced he was the one with the task of being the one to help Eureka, in short he wanted to be the dude to save the world. So it pissed him off immensely when not only he found out he wasn't the guy BUT also that Eureka chose Renton over him. The Gekko otherwise, their only major fault in this situation was having a hands-off approach and being apathetic towards what Renton went through after his first kill. Obviously enough, it's great that this shit still gets enough discussion so I welcome any debate on this.

Attached: 1548263680952.png (492x131, 29K)