Why is monogamy so superior to harems in anime?

Why is monogamy so superior to harems in anime?

Attached: 91d+Vkc41yL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 737K)

statistically monogamy is more likely to provide a stable environment to raise children

Statistically, most monogamous relationships have an element of polygamy, and most relationships in polygamous societies are monogamous.
Humanity is really bad at this.

because japs can't develop more than a girl for shit character wise

Because the winner of most harems is always super fucking obvious, at least this way they're not pretending anyone else has a chance.

Because it gives the author a way to:
a) Give the heroine an actual development and character arc, instead of one character's worth of creativity being spread over half a dozen blander ones
b) It lets the author make an actual story, instead of a disgusting, neverending ouroboros in which every advancement must be reversed immediately to preserve the eternal status quo
c) It lets developments in the relationship stay without having to balance every interaction with equal amounts of 'screentime' from all the other harem sluts

Polygamy leads to 80 percent of males having no stake in their nation. Its why Islamic countries constantly go to war and encourage rape of infidel women to stop the men from damaging their own countries. Vikings were pretty promiscuous too and sent their men to rape the women of other nations to keep them from conspiring against their Jarls.
Monogamy promotes respect for your fellow man by ensuring you all have a stake in your community and maintaining it. Polygamy and promiscuity are inherently uncivilised and are the vices of lesser beings.
As for how this relates to anime relationships it allows people to experience two people with a genuine connection and real romance instead of shitty drama between horny sluts.

I wanted to like this but the humor didn't really click with me. Great OP even by Shaft's standards though.

monogamy is extremely k selected

>stake in their nation
what are you even referring to by this?

>Polygamy leads to 80 percent of males having no stake in their nation.
Genetically we can say that most men in history did not leave heirs behind.
Anyway, it's easy to have harems without leaving any singles without a stake in the nation, Just say that OLD men are allowed to have access to multiple girls while having a culture where lots of people would die. Which would feed into your argument of warlike cultures.
Old men having more girls than young ones is historic fact. They were economically better situated to support families. So even if there was no war to wipe out your males, most males could still look forward to reproducing in the future.
>Its why Islamic countries constantly go to war
No. Going to war constantly is a sign of too many kids, not of having harems. Otherwise Mormons would be much less peaceful.
>stop the men from damaging their own countries.
War actually increases sexual instincts. Rape statistics during war are not representative for peaceful times. But that's a different matter.
>Vikings were pretty promiscuous too and sent their men to rape the women of other nations
No. Vikings WERE the people going on these voyages. The other people were just Norsemen.
>Monogamy promotes respect for your fellow man by ensuring you all have a stake in your community and maintaining it.
That assumes a great deal about your monogamy. See my previous point about old men. Also, lots of women died during childbirth, leaving a surplus of men without "a stake in the nation". That's not how it works, of course.

I only remember the show as having an all-star cast and a banging OP and ED that I still listening to to this day. Suneohair is one of my top artists still.

Because even in successful harem the girls will still end cucking each other. You need to add yuri to mix to make it an everyone-loves-everyone family.

Japan was polygamus in the Heian period

>the girls will still end cucking each other
I always thought the same thing. harems are kind of like NTR when the girls or guys have to watch everyone have sex with the person they like.

Maybe it's the delivery. I read the manga first and prefer it over the anime. Still, the VAs did a great job.

So, how did this even end? I watched both seasons several years ago and the ending wasn't translated yet

That will only lead to the lesbos to hook up and break away from the relationship instead of putting up with constant sharing

Women do not get along under competition and will choose the quickest route out whether that includes manipulation or even killing

The OP is great because they hired a good singer, not even Shaft can fuck up that hard once they paid

Because harem anime are self-insertion stories of your average Japanese otaku.
They are works that are copies of each other.
The romantic anime is not better but it is more tolerable.

>Women do not get along under competition and will choose the quickest route out whether that includes manipulation or even killing
True, applies to men too. Although we are talking about 2D, here you can bend personalities to achieve happiness even in a pretty unlikely situation.

Posting best girl.

Attached: bestarakawa.png (1928x1080, 178K)

no shit sherlock

overrated shit

What would be the most believable and happy group of lovers in anime with more than 2 participants?

It's worth reading as a backlog manga. A lot of romcom mangas get mediocre anime productions.

It still isn't translated.
The group translating dropped it at vol 11 a year ago. It was licensed by crunchyroll who is at vol 6 or 7 right now, so who knows how long it will take.

I don't think most harem anime are actually about the harem. They're more about expanding your audience by handing every possible demographic a girl to root for. This is not the worst strategy because a romance anime is not worth watching when the main girl is shit making the genre extremely hit or miss.

It got translated though. But it got somewhat scifi/fantasy-level ridiculous hell of an ending.

No source but I'm inclined to believe it anyway

Indeed, it was a pretty meh and forgettable ending, I do remember they were trying to fly to Venus to live there with Rick and Nino (the whole riverside population)

What the fuck is going on? I checked the last chapter because of this post, but how the fuck did the plot get into gay alien ghost?

Everyone had a mysterious background that explained their character.
Nino's joke was that she was from venus, except it's not a joke.

This shit barely have any thread when it's airing why do you think nu Yea Forums even watched it

That chapter of Rick and Nino meeting his father is pure gold imo. Rick's love for Nino is pure but not THAT strong.