Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate?

Hellsing or Hellsing Ultimate?

Attached: 1549899708219.png (1300x960, 2.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S70krAJ09fk
youtube.com/watch?v=0F15nk6oGh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hellsing Ultimate for the animation, plot and voice acting.

Hellsing for the OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=S70krAJ09fk

Hellsing's OP on Ultimate's anime

Honestly? I liked the original Hellsing better because it was legitimately a more solidly consistent characterized show with a better plot.

Hellsing Ultimate is just a mess of slapstick comedy, over-the-top gore, and occasional bursts of horror, most notable for the shock factor and the memes. It's got no real consistency to its tone and the characters are a mess.

Only contrarians and few people prefer the TV anime.

Ultimate wins no contest

if we're talking OST that's a different story

imagine the shitstorm is hellsing was realised in current year

Attached: Jefes_de_Millennium_HD.png (1360x763, 1012K)

The first adaptation had a better story and OST but Ultimate is better in every other way

Not really. It paints Nazis as monsters more horrible than the jews ever did. It's perfectly Kosher.

no dude any form of representation of nazi even is they are evil must to be banned from western media according to amerifags
also
major win and thats bad for (((them)))

both, OVA for violence, plot, and millennium.
The TVs series was more comfy because Seras was the main character. It would of been great if it focus more on the monster of a week, and about a vampire girl struggling with her humanity. I wished it lasted longer.

Attached: 1537229853453.jpg (1488x958, 408K)

They are at the same level than the catholic church, if not better.

well catholics are pretty much nazis these days

>literally headed by a communist that wants to destroy Christianity and Europe
>nazi

Hellsing Ultimate is the real deal, ofc.
BUT, the Gonzo's Hellsing was a beast of it's own, and it's actually very solid on it's own right, kind of like a What If? if didn't go with the "occult nazis and shit" that's cliché for the genre (Hellboy did it, Indiana Jones did it).
Thing is, the manga and Ultimate it's better developed. But the original is pretty good, hell, I LOVE the character designs of the original, and also, Alucard looked like Dracula in a modern way.
>Also, Seras was bustier and more shapely in the original, Integra gets to show her huge tits, she's busty in the manga.
TL;DR: Like them both.

I phrased it wrong
catholics are treated like nazis
the fact that current pope is tranny lover doesn't really change it

The Original is pretty decent on its own. Things don't always make sense, subplots go nowhere, budgets were low, and it has nothing to do with the manga past the Valentine Fight (this is probably Hirano's fault).
But the whole thing is dripping with atmosphere. The OST is fantastic, one of the best in all anime. The cheap animation and art creates a gritty and surreal aesthetic. And the focus on Seras in specific teaches us how the world works far more so than the Manga or Ultimate did.

Ultimate and the Manga are better products, but there is value to the original beyond it being a reject of an earlier time and a representation of why you shouldn't adapt manga that aren't finished if you are going to make episodes continuously.

>filler
>actual adaptation
big think

Ultimate in English dub

Crispy Freeman's voicee is cool and all but original has Wakamoto, and you cannot top Wakamoto

Maybe not, you have a point, but Jackson as the Major, and Harwood as Integra put on the best performances of their careers.
The Major especially is a treat.

I'm not that other user, but Dub Ultimate with the OST of Gonzo and you go something fun to watch over the weekend.

Both dubs are pretty damn on point

I'll give you that, I had forgotten how good Integra's dub voice was.
The fucking hotel phone call scene was amazing

Hellsing intrigued me with its characters and lore and then the manga/Ultimate killed the hype like no tomorrow. Turns out I hate Hirano's over the top edginess over any kind of substance.

Ultimate. It was edgier and the "still warm isn't she" scene. If the body is still warm, it is still worth fucking.

It might have been edgier but it also has this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=0F15nk6oGh4

Unironically Abridged.

retard

Abridge has ruined Ultimate for me. I can no longer watch it without immediately thinking of Alucard's goofy asshole antics.

Ultimate , i re-watched the old Hellsing anime not too long ago and realized it was very crappy with a poor animation , poor OST's (not talking about the OP) and a poor story.
Ultimate was wayyyy better.

Victoria is best waifu

Attached: 13260.jpg (1000x750, 106K)