nyaa.si/view/975644
boards.4channel.org/toy/thread/7702368#top
youtube.com/watch?v=k4QXbT6uhQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yuck.

im trying to watch gosenzosama banbanzai

>someone other than me actually watched the Mexican telenovela that is Eriko
Woah.

Attached: MAXIMUM COMFY.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

Finished S1 of Steel Angel Kurumi last week. Fun stuff, the filler episodes were my favorite part desu.

Attached: Steel Angel Kurumi - 16 - Our Lips Are Sealed [DarkDream].mkv_snapshot_06.12_[2019.08.17_20.46.30].j (960x720, 160K)

>watched
I'm reading Tezuka's Adolf right now. Kind of want to read Ranma 1/2 or another Rumiko series but Ranma and Urusei Yatsura are both over 30 volumes.

Rei a cute. Eriko's ok too.

Attached: 2013-10-06-610498.jpg (1000x1401, 1.74M)

Creamy Mami. Anyone know if the BD set had this shitty filter that removes the grain, or was it the encoders?

Attached: [Kagura] Magical Angel Creamy Mami - 02 [BDRip 1316x960 x264 Hi10P FLAC].mkv_snapshot_15.09_[2019.08 (1316x960, 1.64M)

-1000 Nen Joou: Queen Millennia which was trash, but I didn't go into it expecting much
-watched 15 episodes of Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae and dropped it cause it's pretty sleep inducing
-Yami no Purple Eye is complete dogshit and basically the Daft Punk music video but without animation and with shit music
-watched all of Peter Pan no Bouken and was very impressed, although arcs and characters were pretty lukewarm for the most part but animation and designs were very, very creative, especially for the WMT. Nakamura getting all his Akira subordinates to work on it really helped a lot, but even if those weren't directly involved, animation quality is still easily top 3 80s television anime.

Attached: 1558254990453.webm (640x480, 2.14M)

Does DiGi Charat count? Was made 1999 then had specials in y2k.
Rose is bestgirl

I just finished watching Nineteen. I really like the relatable lifestyles older shows like this tended to portray.

Attached: [LD 640x480]NINETEEN19 OVA.mkv_snapshot_03.48.394.jpg (640x480, 42K)

>look up Peter Pan no Bouken
>ugly nakamura potatofaces
Bleh. It only looks okay in Catnapped since they're cats.

Attached: still ugly tho.gif (333x250, 1.43M)

>Rose is bestgirl

Finally! Another man of Culture!

Attached: cutebrides.jpg (1280x1762, 488K)

I still remember how years back when I first watched the show my favorite track was Typhoon Idol and it was my first time even getting an OST.

Attached: smugRose.jpg (824x550, 94K)

Her version of Welcome is still one of the comfiest songs I've ever head.

That was actually the only other song I got and listened to as well. Always flipped between the two.

Attached: HelloRose.jpg (872x581, 92K)

Maison Ikkoku. I'm not a fan of the blueballing and misunderstandings, but it somehow manages to give me this feeling that things are progressing when deep down I know Kyoko and Godai are gonna get together in the last 10 episodes. The mellow 90's soundtrack, funny characters, Akemi's tits and overall aesthetic are enough to keep me watching and enjoying every single episode tho.

Attached: [project-gxs] Maison Ikkoku - 18 [10bit BD 1080p] [E21C4D39]_shot_1_[08.17.19].jpg (1436x1080, 206K)

Usada a shit-nyo

Attached: Di Gi Charat Tsuyu Specials 2_shot_3_[07.09.19].jpg (718x540, 86K)

Attached: MadRose.jpg (872x581, 106K)

Heh~ did I hit a nerve-nyo? But isn't that the true-nyo? after all the only person who likes you's a midget obsessed with melon pan-nyo.

Attached: Di Gi Charat Summer Special 2000 1_shot_3_[07.07.19].jpg (716x540, 89K)

Slowly been making my way through Beast Wars II
Fuck me, the Jointrons were /the/ most annoying characters I think I've ever been subjected to. Let's see if the Seacons are any different.

Attached: Beast Wars II.png (640x480, 316K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2Z8YP3B60gM

pedo villgust

Attached: vanrem1.jpg (320x240, 17K)

It's kagura. They did the same thing with Lum. Don't know why people see the grain as a bad thing, it looks nice to me.

Shame they changed her night gown to opaque.

I had a heck of a time finding this, and failed a few years ago. Looks like someone is subbing it right now.

It gets really bad later on in the series. I thought it was going to be a favorite of mine, but I came out of it just hating Godai and Kyouko. Ironically they're the worst couple out of all Rumiko stuff despite being the most focused on romance and the least drawn out.

Shit taste. Maison is top tier romance with a very satisfying ending.

Currently rewatching hokuto no ken, YOU WA SHOCK!

It's a wild ride. How far in?

Attached: [AIF]_Fist_of_the_North_Star_04[DVD][DUAL][23C2930C].mkv_snapshot_20.44_[2012.05.27_05.54.54].jpg (640x480, 41K)

Not even a Gunbuster-tier ending would leave me satisfied after about 50 episodes of pure anger before it. Godai and Kyouko aren't the lovable kind of stupid, everything they do is geared specifically to piss you off.

I just finished watching Berserk with my sister. I skipped the first episode so she thought it was just a kind of gritty war anime all the way up until the Eclipse. Being able to see the characters in motion, and see their emotions more clearly really shows what a masterpiece the Golden Age arc is. The adaption isn't bad at all, the OST is great in a unique way and the direction is actually on point with the timing it sits on certain scenes being perfect.

Also I actually don't believe Griffith or Guts did anything wrong anymore. I'm putting the blame entirely on the godhand, who manipulated these events to unfold in the first place. When Griffith makes his decision, he is in Void's shadow, the same way the minister was in Griffith's shadow after he was forced to help him murder the queen. In the same way, Void has absolute power over Griffith and forced him to accept betrayal. You may argue that Guts would have said fuck that and tried to fight the Godhand, but Guts wasn't manipulated from childhood and would have never been selected in the first place.

Question. Is older anime better than modern anime, & if so, why?

Attached: chheers.png (1081x841, 793K)

Less formulaic. Most of the time it seems like the creative vision of one person or a small group of people rather than trying to appeal to the broadest demographic possible.

I like it better, but I think in a more objective sense I think that talent transcends mere dates.

The best pre 00s anime I watched within the last week or so was Tenamonya Voyagers, very solid, well weighted and fluid animation, with a good control of three dimensionality and solid drawings to boot, though it didn't quite come off as auteur like on that front, it was well executed though.The characters were charming and bounced off each other in a good way, the comedy was on point, and it had Shinbo at his best in terms of color design and shot composition. It surpassed Cosette as my favorite work of his. It's a shame that it went incomplete.

I tried to get into Arslan Senki but the editing and screenplay just came off as too disjointed for me to care, and the drop in animation quality and overall visual direction by the third episode hurt it for me as well. Its too bad because the story itself seems interesting and it has some of my favorite style of character designs.

Some are, some aren't. Because.

I generally prefer the aesthetic of cel. Everything just feels more organic and immersive.

I just finished GaoGaiGar. What a fuckin ride

Choryujin is best boy
Have you watched FINAL already?

Attached: ChoRyuJin.webm (800x600, 2.93M)

Just 8 chapters in, watching the colonel getting omae wa mou'd to hell,WASHAA!!

>TFW American
>2019 current year
>Finished Dragon Ball
>Finished Ruroni Kenshin
>Currently watching Saint Seiya at the 12 temple arc.
>Watching City Hunter on the side, 20 episodes in
I can now understand why Anime was really popular in the 80's and 90's. It is sad though that many Americans only know of Dragon Ball Z, GT, and Super but have no clue about Dragon Ball. Or do not even know about Saint Seiya outside of the Mexican audience. Even watching City Hunter, It makes me kind of cynical to think that we may never get these great licenses that audiences in Europe and South America had.

I would advise you to watch the movie trilogy if you have not already. It's really solid and it picks up in the middle of the second film.

Hate to say it. But Urusei Yatsura, Ranma and Inuyasha(even though I do not like it) are her best works.

Finished Captain Tylor. Should I watch the OVAs?

>tfw you will never have a pure alien waifu with horn

Attached: lamu.jpg (400x497, 63K)

If you liked the show, yeah. There are some episodes in the middle of the OVAs that are totally skippable (I forget which ones, but they're entirely focused on side characters) though.

i recently finished chacha, still in love
youtube.com/watch?v=pCo3YyZfA14

Attached: [赤ずきんチャチャ][OP3][君色思い].mkv_20190818_110253.588.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Kimagure orange road. The music is amazing and although it doesnt go anywhere until the last couple of episodes, for some reason, I really like it. Madoka is one of my favorite female characters of all time.

It's a really beautiful show as long as you can look past the ever-resetting relationships

The OP is so good.

Madoka and the OST really carry the show. It helps if you happened to be like Kasuga as a teenager and can self insert easily as him. I find the side characters( mainly just the males) to be a bit grating at times though.

Attached: madoka.png (594x688, 701K)

Just picked up the rayearth BD. This version is pretty terrible. What the actual fuck was this person doing? Each episode has a completely different color balance.

Attached: [Cleo]Magic_Knight_Rayearth_-_41_(Dual Audio_10bit_BD1080p_x265).mkv_snapshot_22.15_[2019.08.18_02.0 (1440x3240, 2.01M)

Made some webms for ya.

Attached: Votoms EP21 no audio part 1.webm (360x240, 2.53M)

Attached: Votoms EP21 no audio part 2.webm (360x240, 2.67M)

Nothing lately. I'd be interested in any pre 21st century in general desu Anime or otherwise for asthetics, nostaliga, or whatever.

>Not VOTOMS episode 3

Attached: Chirico Smiling.png (640x480, 429K)

Attached: Vampire Princess Miyu TV - 17 no audio part 01.webm (576x432, 1.95M)

Attached: Vampire Princess Miyu TV - 17 no audio part 02.webm (576x432, 2.37M)

Give me a time code and I'll make a clip from that episode if you want.

Attached: 1531916017875.png (334x483, 208K)

I hope you like wallet rape if you end up liking the Seacons.

Perhaps if you don't go for shitty mini re-encodes you will get a more satisfying viewing experience.

Attached: Robot Carnival - Deprive no audio Part 1.webm (426x238, 2.8M)

Attached: Robot Carnival - Deprive no audio Part 2.webm (426x238, 2.57M)

Even worse... it's a re-encode of Moozzi's absolutely horrific abomination of an encode.

Attached: Robot Carnival - Deprive no audio Part 3.webm (426x238, 1.73M)

Attached: ninjascroll.gif (480x327, 3.68M)

Attached: Nanako SOS Episode 14 no audio part 01.webm (640x480, 2.49M)

Attached: Nanako SOS Episode 14 no audio part 02.webm (640x480, 2.62M)

hoe?

Attached: ccs movie.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

I don't remember but do this pic

Attached: votoms epispde 3 Dr_Weird_Gentle-m-en VE3.jpg (941x360, 89K)

I rewatch Neo Ranga every so often. I dunno man, they lied about the spirals but something about this show is just so unlike anything else.

Attached: Neo_Ranga_24[10bit-h.264-AAC][SSP-Corp][9C270915].mkv_snapshot_04.31_[2019.07.15_02.34.32].jpg (720x480, 67K)

This movie was really good

Attached: SakuraFly.gif (500x375, 950K)

Yes it was.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_Movie_I_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[EED08AB0].mkv_snapshot_00.46.25_[2019 (1280x720, 440K)

I'm watching Sailor Moon for the first time, barely started R but it's great. Rei is best girl.

Kurumi is awesome! It's fun, cute and interesting.

I never got what was this about but damn, the girls were extremely hot.

Attached: 318ff5e943b7640f920a7fde0c9a958c.jpg (450x462, 162K)

post more dancing girls

Attached: me after a few drinks.webm (430x284, 667K)

>same dubs as the post you quoted
witnessed

Attached: tumblr_n5alnjLV0q1qkr2vuo1_400.gif (400x294, 943K)

It's weird. The OPs are misleading but the show itself is pretty unique. Not ALWAYS in a good way but it's one I enjoy. It does eventually get to monster battles but the core of the story is the three sisters and their, frankly depressing, life as they try to just deal with all the crazy shit around them and find a place to fit in.

Attached: ranga shimbaras.jpg (469x471, 196K)

Read Maison Ikkoku if you haven't already.

Attached: maison_ikkoku.jpg (550x907, 92K)

Not pictured: 4 years of leading a girl on for no reason whatsoever

>taking your shoes off in the airport
CCS was prophetic

Gunbuster.

Attached: [EG]Gunbuster_OVA_01_BD(10bit_720p)[2475E61F].mkv_snapshot_07.34_[2019.08.14_17.09.41].jpg (955x1632, 832K)

Discotek recently licensed the whole City Hunter franchise, up to the recent movie.

Patlabor the entire franchise. Everything in it was top tier except movie 3. The Seven Days of Fire is the funniest anime episode of all time.

noice

Attached: 5c8dab7fa12e7.jpg (911x1401, 828K)

>I skipped the first episode so she thought it was just a kind of gritty war anime all the way up until the Eclipse.
this is the way I read the manga because the scanlation I had was missing the beginning part, I didn’t know about the black swordsman shit so it was fucking awesome to see the characters develop and change so dramatically, the supernatural shit was like getting hit by a freight train out of fucking nowhere
the first few chapters of berserk really ruins the plot development arc, it’s like how they advertised Terminator 2 as “HEY EVERYBODY ARNOLD IS THE GOOD GUY THIS TIME” and when you see the movie you realize you weren’t supposed to find that out until the first shootout when Arnold is pointing the shotgun at John’s face and suddenly tells him to get down

Less otaku pandering and moe.

Attached: lewd.webm (644x476, 720K)

Akane is a slut.

I'm rarely watching older stuff because subs for anime

>dual audio
I'm skipping all releases like this. Fuck dubs. Waste of space and usually the worse subs possible.

No it's not. It's all the same. If anyone is saying that older was better, he's retarded. Most likely a normalfag or newfag.

>Discotek recently licensed the whole City Hunter franchise, up to the recent movie.
Wait they managed to get the WHOLE franchise and not just the movie? I did see they had the Movie but had no clue they had the license for the series. That is great news. I am definitely picking up the series as it releases. Here is to hoping they can get Saint Seiya.

Iria was a pretty good OVA

Attached: Iria.gif (400x269, 1.82M)

>finally rejoined bakabt after years
>search for some older shows
>realise nothing has changed
>still have the multiple TB's of download from when I strip mined the site during the semi private phase of its life

Nobody cares.

Rewatching the GOAT shounen of course.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-16-15h06m36s890.png (1440x1080, 913K)

Just started cardcaptor sakura it’s amazingly animated so far and I’m curious to see if they keep it up

Agreed. Just a really unique-feeling world with cool action and a nice action-babe.
How 'bout that opening though?

I'm watching Armitage III right now. I didn't have too many expectations so I'm finding it surprisingly decent. Armitage is so damn hot and just because of her it's worth watching.
I should watch OVA's more often like in the old times.

Attached: D9cr0i7VUAASpac.jpg (790x1000, 286K)

I’ve been watching every OP ever made in order. Just about done with 1997. I have a list of every OP I consider significant and every OP I consider bad enough to get marked as “worst ever”. I’ll be posting the list in one of these threads when I finally hit 2000.

Best Rumiko couple is Ataru and Lum.

Good dancing animation, I'm impressed

Attached: 6d78572bfdda6c7378a394fa7db314e4.gif (500x377, 1.94M)

what the fuck

Attached: 1541634165767.jpg (933x753, 48K)

That's not really true at all.

I bought a BBTS set of Seacons for like 20 bucks a few years back.
The God Neptune colours are nice but not enough to double dip.

Posting what is literally the most 80s thing EVER.

openings.moe/?video=Ending1R-Cat'sEye

Love all the random english in 80s OPs and EDs. Here's the lyrics:

OK, girls.
I want that body.
Move your heads, back and forth.
Stretch your arms, one, two.
Shake your hips, right, left.

Yuki ni hashigeba SEXY
Nayami mo itsushika EASY
Nagisa wo anata no
Heya ni suru koto ne
Shiokaze ga fuite RELAX
Anata no HAATO wa DELUXE
Makana kuchi biru
Moeru mama ni koi shite

Dancing with the sunshine
Dancing with the moon
Sutekina toki yo
Dancing with the moonlight
Dancing with the sun
Anata no kibun shidai

Dancing with the moonlight
Dancing with the sun
Anata no omou mama ni

The french dub for this was pretty funny

I’ll be looking forward to it.
How many OPs have you watched so far?

850+ shows, many of which have 2 OPs or more. Detective Conan itself had 50 OPs. That’s 90 minutes of OPs. My “good list” is about 300 OPs long.

Nah. I read and watched the entirety of Maison Ikkoku about 12 years ago, myself, and while I agree the beginning seemed to hold a lot of potential...it gets bad at least halfway through and never solves anything. It stops being fun and just becomes grating. Given how this is the "romance" work for Rumiko, it's absolutely the worst of any of her works.

Imagine everything you hate about Rumiko Takahashi's development with romance. Congratulations: you just watched Maison Ikkoku.

The anime elevates it a lot, the aesthetic and atmosphere help get you through the disappointing level of progression. Urusei Yatsura is still her best work.

Attached: V.gif (500x375, 1.69M)

I'm more martial to Ranma myself, but I admit Urusei Yatsura is peak romance. Lum and Ataru are a great couple.

>Spend the entire manga watching a college kid fail while his "love" acts like a complete bitch (but only to him)
>I mean it. The entire manga.
>"so romantic!"
No, I don't recommend that.

newly remastered version

Attached: [QTS] THE VENUS WARS -Venus Senki- (BD Hi10P 1920x1080 DTS-HDMA 4.0ch + WV 2.0ch).mkv.jpg (1616x909, 335K)

the old one

Attached: Venus Wars [BD.1080p] [Iznjie Biznjie] [410EBE05].mkv.jpg (1683x909, 371K)

noise removal and color filters are remastering now?

The original Lupin III green jacket series. For a series from ‘71, it really holds up.

Yeah, whenever Oshii decides to take the piss out of his student revolutionary days great comedy ensues. That is one of my favourite episodes too.

Hype for his new school comedy desu

And it's also slightly cropped to the sides, but it has some more image above and below.

Seasonalfag genocide

For the most part a lot of people say older anime is better just cause they remember all the good old stuff while all the trash is left to the wayside, while we gotta figure that out with modern anime as it comes since we're living through it. However there is still a very different feeling to a lot of older shows that I can see a lot of people preferring to the way most newer stuff is done. At the end of the day its all anime to me, I appreciate every era for what it did best and I don't think a majority of my favorites came from one specific period.

S was as far as I got. The cast was getting a little too big for my taste. There's a reason it's so notorious, fantastic show that got me into mahou shoujo. I miss when it wasn't an edgelord genre.

Attached: 1529009352232.jpg (648x908, 123K)

Youre Under Arrest

The remastered audio for Gunbuster sucks. I much prefer the original where you can hear audio clips ripped straight from Ghostbusters.

>otaku pandering
Otakus were the ones making the shows you newfag.

Someday I'm going to figure out how to remove the English tracks from everything and free up a ton of space. I think ffmpeg can do it.

mkvtoolnix dude

Sailor moon. Reallly like it so far.(aside from the autistic screeching of the mc) Love the ost. I can really reccomend watching older shows on a oled panel, the colors look stunning.

I prefer the intended display technology, but it you’re not a purist OLED is the move.

Attached: 4570E344-02FF-4514-95F2-8CCE78D31C41.jpg (2048x1536, 513K)

Too bad the show isn't that great despite being in the same universe as City Hunter.

Attached: [BBT-RMX][TMUsubs] Cat's Eye - 06 [BD] [7FF2E60C].mkv_snapshot_11.57_[2016.11.19_04.20.52].jpg (640x480, 30K)

Less moefag/fujo pandering
No disgusting, tacky, overly bright digital coloration
Better artstyle
No CG crap

I found myself getting extremely exasperated with the shenanigans in Maison Ikkoku, especially a certain dog-related one late in the series, but the ending made it all worth it.

saw the street fighter 2 animated movie. pretty good.

Finally watched Beautiful Dreamer. Fucking Oshii man, what a legend.

>No CG crap
I have almost completely lost interest in new shows because of this.

All of this is false. The coloring wasn't digital but there are plenty of anime that bright and tacky color jobs. Artstyle varied from anime to anime and people latched onto one that they liked and claim it was the artstyle of the time. CG was used at times in the 80s and 90s. It wasn't used anywhere near as much as today but it existed. Having cute girls that pander to guys and model-like guys that pander to girls has been in anime since its beginning.

domo

Attached: [H72] Bastard!! - 02 - Fire Elemental Efreet [96739882].mkv_snapshot_13.26_[2019.02.15_19.18.54].jpg (704x480, 148K)

>moefag
Yeah man, I miss the days when there were no cute little girls with big shiny eyes in anime.

Attached: moe.jpg (640x240, 61K)

>CG was used at times in the 80s and 90s
This technology has not improved as much as it should have in 36 years.
youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM

I've been watching Future GPX Cyber Formula, it's pretty good, but the main character can be a huge retard sometimes.

Attached: hayatoazurada.png (1003x720, 556K)

If a show started in 1999 but went on for years does it stil count in this thread?

No bright hand colored cel can ever compare to any modern cheap looking digital painted piece of shit. Artstyle varied but there still was an overall predominant one that was more appealing than the today's one. No one questioned the presence of cute boys/girls in anime, faggot.

>Kawaii girls in children-aimed shows existing back then means it's totally the same as getting countless CGDCT/faggots flirting with each other bottom of the barrel garbage aimed at 25+ years old NEETs
Moefags are always so fucking desperate to deflect any kind of blame, jesus christ.

Lost too much detail.

Just watched Rurouni Kenshin Tsuioku-hen for the first time since probably I was in middle school. It holds up. The soundtrack is still one of my favorites. Sets the atmosphere so well.

Just started Minky Momo. Pretty cute so far.

Attached: [SenritsuSubs] Mahou no Princess Minky Momo - 01.mkv_snapshot_07.27_[2019.08.18_15.45.27].jpg (1420x1068, 241K)

I'm a huge magical girl fan that doesn't know Japanese so I'm waiting on all the old classics to get subs. Which will never happen so I'm not watching anything right now.

Other than the girls being cute this is kind of a disappointment.

Attached: Magic_User's_Club_OVA_06[10bit-h.264-AAC][SSP-Corp][C8BFA7AB].webm (720x480, 1.57M)

Plot-wise I feel like there was a certain maturity born out of realism that some of the older shows had, compared to modern shows which tend to be less grounded so things are either impossibly perfect or impossibly unpleasant.

In terms of art style I think cels combined with relatively low resolutions give you a lot more leeway in terms of the way things have to look. With clean digital lines and colours, if something is even slightly off the effect is glaringly obvious, but with hand-drawn stuff there's a certain "fuzziness" that you can put down to artistic license. That fuzziness is also I think why cel anime is so much more comfy with its watercolour backgrounds and generally warm colour palettes.

>oled

Attached: aaa.jpg (225x182, 20K)

I wonder why old mahou shoujo has no audience for English speakers. Maybe because it's cute girls and not based around defeating a villain like later mahou shoujo. My Japanese is decent enough for me to watch them anyway.

Attached: [DVD]魔法のアイドル パステルユーミ 第02話「ステキな魔法の使い方」(XviD 6 (640x480, 30K)

Guyver, 3x3 Eyes, Hokuto no Ken, Tekkaman Blade, Ranma 1/2, Crying Freeman, Wicked City, City Hunter etc.

whats the problem with oled?

There was plenty of pandering back then, they just pandered to people like you. The reason you're mad is that now they're pandering to people who are not like you. The level of pandering is the same, but the audience has broadened.

I thought Nineteen was so aesthetic I made an AMV to it. youtube.com/watch?v=u_Qr_mVx1sI
I'm sorry.

Who knows? None of the really old series from the 70's or earlier have subs that I can see. Except for Cutey Honey if you count that. Then there's still a bunch of classics from the 80's that have incomplete subs like Persia and Emi. I've seen literally every magical girl anime that actually has complete subs but now I'm just stuck with nothing.

I miss these threads before the aestheticfags showed up.

No one questioned that, retard.

>The twist ending to episode two where you realize just what is going on

Loved this show.

Attached: WallSeraphimCall5-800.jpg (787x589, 56K)

There are so many cute girls waiting for you to take the next step.

Attached: Mahou no Yousei Persia - 01.avi_snapshot_04.48_[2015.09.08_12.05.38].jpg (640x480, 37K)

Anyone else watch that obscure Anne of Green Gables dub over BD footage that someone put on nyaa? What did you think of it? I thought it was pretty good. Wish someone would continue it.
I know >dubs
but Anne would be a great show to watch with your mom, and I know at least my mom hates subtitles.
nyaa.si/view/1156177

Attached: 6GZFtRv.png (960x738, 1.03M)

I definitely agree with what you said about colors, I find the shift in color palettes from 80s and 90s shows to the early to mid 2000s when everyone was figuring out how digital worked to modern day really interesting even if I don't exactly know all the little intricacies and details that make each one look so distinct. Personally my favorite would have to be the early to mid 2000s, even though 80% of them looked kinda ass cause everyone had to work the kinks out the ones that nailed it still look beautiful to this day.

I've only seen the sub. I've wanted to watch a lot of other Masterpiece Theater shows but haven't had the time.

Apparently it was some rare lost dub that someone found.
It's only the first episode, so it's a good taste of the dub just to see how it sounds. Apparently the dubbers sped up the video or something so it has to be edited manually.

You and me? We nigs. Fo life.

Attached: Iria Zeiram the Animation - NCOP (R2DVD 768x576 x264 Hi10p AC3).mkv_snapshot_01.03_[2019.01.27_06.28 (768x576, 79K)

>my favorite would have to be the early to mid 2000s
I'm somewhat in agreement with you there, although I would argue that the late 90's to mid-2000's were good in spite of the shift to digital; in my view the skill set that was honed via cel animation in the 80's and 90's reached new heights until it collapsed in the mid-2000's due to the overwhelming adoption of digital animation and its inevitable conclusions, and never really recovered because it didn't have to.

A dub would probably be a better experience than the terrible subs that the show is stuck with at the moment.

You cared enough to reply.

Whats the anime on the right?

JP Bluray: sourced from 35mm
Italian Bluray: sourced from 16mm
This new remaster has more detail.

>HARMONY LOVE

The filler was too filler-y, but the start and end of the series was pretty good. For similar series, I liked Zillion better because it handled its filler better, even if thematically it was weaker. Also, it did cool things better- the best way to do something in Zillion was always the coolest way.

Attached: 12112321332112.jpg (640x360, 51K)

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Maze_OVA_Ep01_(63E11FA0) (online-video-cutter.com) (5).webm (448x336, 2.99M)

Hey there Junky boy

The original Dancouga was a very weird show at times. The director or producer REALLY wanted Laura's character to be the next big thing and then she wasn't and it was so bad, I understand, that the actress just dropped out entirely.

That clears a few things up. For me, Laura was jarring in that the voice just did not match the character.

Yeah. A lot of how she "fit in" and her relationship to Shapiro really didn't seem to actually work with what is established.

I'm literally going through the catalogue of OVAs directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri for those unadulterated old-school MADHouse vibes.

Nigger, Dragonball aired on Toonami beginning in 2001 alongside DBZ at the apex of its popularity. What the fuck are you on about.

And then they lost it in the filtering.

I'll give it another chance, but for now I prefer the movies. Maybe the OVAs will see a HD remaster too.

Watching Ninjaman Ippei, it's pretty fun.

Attached: 1562941103599.webm (960x720, 2.45M)

Attached: FE2C036C-1C03-424A-B53A-2992A039D1C5.gif (300x225, 707K)

Attached: 1455795356403.png (273x333, 40K)

They were already through security.

Eriko

Attached: eriko engrish.png (960x720, 443K)

Those are the 2 best things about anime

Five episodes in on Sailor Moon. It's a nice breather between studying, has a good aesthetic going on, the characters are very expresive, real, and overall fun to watch.

Just finished Sailor Moon S1 and it's become a new favorite of mine. The character animation, reaction faces, self-aware comedy, legs, all adds up to be really fun on a moment to moment basis. I teared up a little during the last 2 episodes too. The start to R has been a little rocky though.

Usagi is best, Venus a close second.
I love Usagi's screaming shut your mouth.

Attached: [Koten_Gars] Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon - 044 [DVD][h.264][480p][AC3] [87566C3D].mkv_20190807_02092 (640x480, 90K)

So cute. What is this?

Just started Space Cobra and it's beautiful. I really need to stop putting off the old Dezaki shows. Gonna post some stuff from the first 3 episodes.

Attached: stichep2.jpg (1429x2118, 1.03M)

Attached: cobra op.webm (1440x1080, 1.28M)

>Less moefag pandering
>Less fujo pandering
You truly know nothing

The problem is, back in the day you had tons of stuff for mechafags, equally as much for shojofags (lezs?), and a smaller but still considerable amount of shows for sportfags or ninjafags. Nowadays, 90% of all anime are pandering to the same people, the horny betafaggot.

Attached: 1552798556885.jpg (393x396, 32K)

Just ignore them. It's not like we have been invaded or anything.

Attached: (You).jpg (1280x960, 612K)

Attached: cobra parallax2.webm (1440x1080, 1.63M)

provide proof then

The movie was nice. It was great seeing that retard Hikaru get BTFO

>That episode when Kyosuke kissed her his own sister

It was more like the author of the manga getting BTFO

Guyver and Tekkaman Blade. I'm disappointed with the latter. Tekkaman Dagger was the better antagonist

how come? Did Hikaru win in the manga

kek

Attached: 1530438987160.jpg (1280x960, 559K)

The movie feels like a rejection of the premise, where Hikaru is harshly made to face up to reality instead of getting a reset after the end of each episode. The author hates the movie.

>The author hates the movie.
The guy has shit taste. The series could have done with more permanence

>Not that episode where he slept with Madoka's sister which was never brought up again

Just finished watching the old 1972 Devilman and I have to ask, has Toei literally ever spent more than five dollars on animation?

Attached: nasty.png (830x610, 561K)

Attached: 1552788881332.gif (500x250, 1.91M)

In the 60s when the Ghibli guys were still with them they did a lot of mostly full animation films.
That fight with the giant fish in Horus is still stunning 50 years later.

People like to throw the word "deconstruction" around, but I think out of anything I've ever seen that movie deconstructs the series it is based on. Given that the whole idea of the term is to play the scenario straight and show the real life consequences of what would happen. Kasuga can't just keep pulling that shit and never be forced to chose, its a sobering film and quite well made by my estimation.

sauce me, pal

hownewru?

Attached: 00_02_01-00010.jpg (1440x1080, 984K)

I believe newer anime is much better in terms of Animation and technology than the classics. But the classics are defined by their stories and designs more so than anything else animation was harder back then and not as easy as it is today combined with tons of SFX effects improvements and smoother animation. The main issue I am noticing with the responses is always about how soulful animation was back then but from what I witnessed there is tons of panning, the SFX are sort of obvious in some areas for anyone that has used Adobe After effects or even basic SFX work. There is moments of great Animation do not get me wrong but it's slow and few and between. But the stories, character designs is what carried the shows. I can appreciate the past for inspiring the future. But I am not dogmatic and Nostalgicfag in terms of seeing old as better because I grew up with it.

Current anime is starting to change in recent years, and in terms of Animation studios are finally adapting novels(Shield Hero, Retry) and web comics(Mob Psycho and One Punch Man). While also Shonen Jump is allowing more unorthodox manga to be in the top 25 than the standard battle manga we are use to. Good examples is Dr Stone, Promised Neverland and even Samurai 8 although that one is a battle manga from Kishimoto of Naruto it is a lot more abstract than his past works. I just know these will translate well in terms of Animation and it will become exciting again.

>a lot of people say older anime is better just cause they remember all the good old stuff while all the trash is left to the wayside,
This is correct. Many people never point out the bad anime just the good ones. There was a lot of bad in terms of Animation and at times with old stuff with Hokuto No Ken studios had to literally drag it on at some points because of how difficult the designs were back then. It's easy to point at today and say everything is bad but there is still good anime out right now as well.

Boku no Pico__________

Halfway through both Cobra and Anne of Green Gables, and on episode 5 of Galaxy Express 999.

Anyone here watched Jushin Liger/Ryger? Seems pretty rad.

youtube.com/watch?v=wo8W-kuPuxg

Attached: i-img900x1200-1532301154w67umj392918.jpg (900x1200, 206K)

How's the manga? I recently added it to my list of things to do just a few days ago.

>Less moefag/fujo pandering
Always existed. Maybe it was less but it was always there.
>No disgusting, tacky, overly bright digital coloration
That is subjective. While there is some old school anime that was great in terms of Color including Akira etc. There will be others that can say the same thing about older anime being grainy, disjointed, nothing much happening.
>Better artstyle
That's subjective there is bad art styles in some while in others it is worse. It's the same as modern day anime. Except far less worse than 00's.
>No CG crap
I can agree in some respects but then you have Ghost In The Shell that did it well,Land Of The Lustrous and Berserk movie trilogy that nailed it as it kept going, it's usually more often than not about hiring veteran talent that knows how to do 3D very well. And as someone that has been looking into 3D projects from Blender I can say it is getting much better than it use to be. I know you might be stubborn to say everything should be handrawn etc. But I do think 3D/2D when done correctly can be beautiful.

>Usagi is best, Venus a close second.
>I love Usagi's screaming shut your mouth.
mein fucking neger

Attached: 1564777243112.jpg (625x471, 54K)

I still can't bring myself to watch the movie since it's a difference voice actor. Cobra in the t.v. show is such cheeky cunt.

my fucking negro

He does not need to because you never provided proof on yours.

Recently re-watched Guyver. I don't remember it being so quality. It's legitimately disappointing because there is so much potential. The movie is a little better but I prefer the characters from the ova. The ova has little moments where it looks incredible and it left on a cliffhanger so they must have just run out of money.

Attached: [B-G] Guyver OVA-II - 01 [AF3D94C8].mkv_snapshot_05.57_[2019.01.06_09.31.08].jpg (640x480, 116K)

>No bright hand colored cel can ever compare to any modern cheap looking digital painted piece of shit.
Hi Miyazaki. When is your next digital anime coming out?

aestheticfags everyone

Been considering Tiger Mask a spin. Aren't he and Liger rivals irl? There must be some crossover between the two series.

>Nigger, Dragonball aired on Toonami beginning in 2001 alongside DBZ at the apex of its popularity. What the fuck are you on about.
Yes it "aired" Tyrone but it never is discussed about at all. I notice a lot of Americans always talk about Dragon Ball Z only. The rest who talk about Dragon Ball, Super etc are those from Mexico, Brazil and Europe. I can tell because every AMV I have watched and every discussion in the West never talks about Dragon Ball or how great Cha La which was long before Team Four Star did a thing on it.

I should make some webms of my copy of Vampire princess miyu
They are superior for how low quality they are.
Like third generation vhs copies with occasional tracking issues transfered to DVD.
Everything has a purple hue about it.
Really enhanced the show not gonna lie.

Yeah, when I was a kid most people were talking about Dragon Ball Z, though there were some people that would theorize about GT since that was still a ways off. And later Z too. I "knew" (only because of this) someone that had the PS1 game that had GT characters in it and probably someone else that showed people an artbook he had that had later Z and I think GT stuff in it. Don't remember ever talking much about Dragon Ball, though I did watch it on TV. There were also those AF rumors.

Would be interesting to see.

Kimagure Orange Road

ATTAKU ATTAKU NANBAA WAN

>That one second nipple that wouldn't even show up on TVs at the time

It's Milky Holmes you newfag.

Why are these old Taiwanese bootleg subs still floating around? I would figure that almost everybody would be watching the Discotek subs by now.

I wish I could get a hold of the soundtrack for it. Loved so many of the songs.

Read Third Year Kimengumi.

Attached: 3_kimen01_000a.jpg (915x1200, 317K)

I've been wanting to watch this for the longest time, too bad SenritsuSubs was the group to pick it up, guess I'll watch it in 10 years.

It does have a audience it just a very small niche which is why no group will pick them up.

Most likely its because we have no dedicated companies that are licensing the old stuff other than Discotek and Sentai Filmworks. To be fair though Sentai Filmworks did get Cutie Honey which and is a sign they might bring more of this to the West if people pay for them.
Dude why? Discotek has old Devilman in Blu-Ray HD quality and better subs.
I know right? I mean a simple search on Rightstuf and Amazon would have the series available for less than 35$.

I wouldn't really call Honey the same thing. She's always had kind of an adult spin and raw sex appeal angle they can push.

True but what I am saying is there is still an appeal and a chance for more magical girls if enough sells happen. Besides waiting on subbers to go on older anime is next to impossible due to the fact many will go on only popular ones. Unless you learn Spanish and watch 80's and 90's translations in that language.

why didn't anyone tell me sailor moon was good? i thought this was for girls? it's hilarious

Attached: sailormoonlistjpg-c744e0.jpg (628x360, 49K)

jesus christ

we're almost to the point where people born after 9/11 are technically allowed to be here

user didn't give a link to where you can read it. Here:

secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/

technicalities haven't stopped them

Attached: tkmiz_hanging.jpg (1080x1080, 284K)

I hate teenagers so much, it's unreal.

going through the brave series because I'm a mecha junkie. Currently on Might Gaine

They were the only subs I could find, sorry.

this is such a BS question

you can really only say one is better than the other when talking about individual anime. It's impossible to say overall, especially since no one has seen every anime from each genre.

man I fucking wish we could get something like Robot Carnival again. The closest we've gotten was Netflix's love death and robots

No prob, man. Get it however you can get it. I don't know if buying the series on R1 DVD is an option for you but if you could afford it, I would personally recommend it. Whether you get it new or used, it doesn't really matter, although personally I like Discotek and like to support them whenever I can so I would get it new.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes

man I remember seeing a clow card set in my local Blockbuster and begging my mom for it but she said no.

Fast forward nineteen years and I tracked one down on Amazon that sits on my shelf right now. Sometimes I take them out and go through them to enjoy the art.

Neo Tokyo is the only other short compilation like it that I'm aware of. People seem to be familiar with the goofy F-Zero short from it.

and I thought modern day fanservice anime were needlessly trashy

I wish I could find this anime. Gulliver Boy was fucking awesome but is so fucking rare.

Attached: Gulliver-Boy-Manual.jpg (1400x1414, 431K)

>i thought this was for girls? it's hilarious
Those aren't mutually exclusive you know

これは餌です。

It is for girls. Why should that stop you?

>Neo Tokyo is the only other short compilation like it that I'm aware of
What about Memories? All 3 of them are Otomo projects. Also, it's older than F-Zero you bitch.

Haven't watched Memories yet but it seems to be in the same category. I still haven't figure out what the meaning of this short was. Something about his waifu taking him to the afterlife.

Attached: presence.jpg (600x459, 46K)

Which anime of the 90s do you think distills the most tropes and trends of the time? Personally, for me, it's Zenki.

youtube.com/watch?v=G55UQClMw9I

Attached: d51i1p1-5fc506ab-0ea2-45aa-ae48-53cf580b4b22.png (859x620, 1.08M)

good evening charat poster

Attached: Di Gi Charat Summer Special 2000 2.mkv_snapshot_19.04_[2019.08.15_13.11.23].jpg (714x480, 62K)

VAJURA ON!

That song is the only thing I know about Zenki.

It's a fun but pretty standard action 90s shonen. A bit on the episodic stuff. Kind of like GaoGaiGar in that way that a lot of the early episodes where focused on the monster of the week who was created from a random townsperson who go infested with evil.

My vote is Nadesico but pre and post Eva are pretty much two different periods.

Will check it out then! I don't mind episodic at all and if it is half as fun as that OP then it is worth it.

She is cute. Who is she?

There were tons of great fantasy series in the 90s and for me Slayers is the pinnacle.

This may very well be anong pinnacle of cel-animation

The scene were the android breaks down at the end and you get all the intricate motions in the ruffles in the dress, sparks, oil and rubble at once with perfect precision is breath taking. Its a shame that Umetsu peaked as a director on his very first try.

Look at that shine.

Attached: Heroic.Legend.of.Arslan.Ep01.x264.AC3_Simu.mkv_snapshot_48.03_[2019.06.27_01.41.16].jpg (1024x576, 70K)

I've been waiting for years for Live eviL to fucking finish Magical Emi, they're subbed 25 out of 38. I wish the rest of the Studio Pierrot mahou shoujo got the treatment Creamy Mami did.

Attached: [Live-eviL]_Mahou_no_Star_Magical_Emi_25_[h264&AAC]_[8B88C736].mkv_snapshot_14.48_[2019.08.19_00 (640x480, 199K)

Indeed. If you want sound and silent webms I posted several on /wsg/. Ctrl+f Arslan: yuki.la/wsg/2601599

Attached: Heroic Legend of Arslan - cinematography.webm (1024x576, 1.5M)

What's that anime?

Idol Densetsu Eriko

Thanks

Sweet. I like the newer Arslan anime but goddamn does it lack the visual artistry the old one had.

Attached: Heroic.Legend.of.Arslan.Ep02.x264.AC3_Simu.mkv_snapshot_02.45_[2019.06.27_17.09.25].jpg (1024x576, 85K)

This was incredibly bad.

Attached: 2c8871a838ea5d69eb955677d4b424d4.jpg (600x337, 55K)

Emi is my favorite of the 80s mahou shoujo.

Attached: Mahou no Star Magical Emi - 10.avi_snapshot_14.28_[2016.11.13_07.26.23].jpg (640x480, 30K)

And Saint Tail for the 90s.

Attached: Saint Tail 22 HQ [9D7F958C].mkv_snapshot_18.08_[2019.07.27_04.53.44].jpg (1024x768, 261K)

Thank you.

Love the intro.

Source?

Have you guys seen the movies yet?
The R movie is really great

I've heard mixed opinions on R but only good things about the R movie

Fiore/Mamoru is only Mamoru ship worth anything. Also the flower was hot.

And picked up.

>disappointment

Fucking what? Mahou Tsukai Tai is a goddamned treasure.

Last pre 2000s show i watched was Nadia and boy that was a fucking hard time

Isn't the first movie the one where she first gets the crystal power? Been a while since I watched that one but I just watched the Christmas one.

Attached: s movie weg.jpg (1100x500, 572K)

Just rewatched A-ko. Truly a celebration of what makes anime great. Hot babes, giant robots and explosions. And holy shit that soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=NjbT1aHBYB4

Attached: [TOMA] Project A-ko [9763F43E].mkv_snapshot_01.10.53_[2019.08.19_01.24.45].jpg (720x480, 160K)

Idk man when I look at the animation in things like Akira and 8th MS team and compare the animation to most modern animes I would say the modern ones just look objectively worse and less original/inspired.

Yeah i don't know what the fuck are you talking about, it never becomes shit and i liked Godai and Kyouko all the way to the end, i even liked all the neighbour characters.

Everyone in this series was some way asshole and i personally liked it.

I like how Mitaka stands up for himself when Kyouko hangs out with him after he can tell she's more interested in Goudai.
>"You're not just hanging out with me because Goudai isn't around are you?"
What a fucking Chad.

Attached: mitaka shine.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Difference between those is that one show is madw for little girls and one for pathetic otakus.

this has such great meme potential

youtube.com/watch?v=Gg18XdLDHVw

Attached: tumblr_p2slmlebia1wl8pslo4_640.png (639x474, 436K)

Better a pathetic otaku than an ironic weeaboo.

City Hunter 1x49

Attached: 82633db07b4231dd40083039ffd167b705941846b07ee0ad8cc9ca9191ff0b4e.jpg (704x509, 38K)

Both are idiots.

Funny how all the people begging for sauce are replying to the dancing gifs.

Funny how?

Only the first 11 eps are subbed by HnG, and can probably be found on their site or from their irc bot.
If you want raws they're not hard to get as there's a seeded torrent on Nyaa.

You should've spent those years learning Japanese. It's not a hard show to understand, so even pretty basic understanding of the language would be enough.

sauce?

Green Green

If you judge things by the classics you will never be happy. They are called classics for a reason and it means you have high expectations that can not be fulfilled. It's like if I said things have to be like Castlevania otherwise it looks uninspired and less original. Judge things for what they are, not for what you want them to be.

Do the Cobra BD's just have shit audio or am i going insane?

Attached: Space Adventure Cobra - 03v2 (Blu-ray, 1080p, 10bit)[38E72B12] [Gokmen].mkv_snapshot_22.23_[2019.08. (1440x1080, 249K)

Neon genesis evangelion

The releases on nyaa with English subs sound terrible. I downloaded Kagura's raws and it's a marginal improvement but still quite bad.

The audio on the BDs was trash, not sure if anyone has made a release with the DVD audio.

>watch top 10% of older anime
>watch shitty seasonal stuff
new anime is so garbage, it used to be so much better, what happened?

What a hero.

Attached: [DOMO_RM] Eiji [F43D467A].webm (640x472, 2.93M)

Attached: [DOMO_RM] Eiji [F43D467A]-2.webm (640x472, 2.94M)

Yes, I don't see the problem.
What show is it?

Akira, Crying Freeman

Planning to watch Gunsmith Cats again when the blu ray I ordered gets here.

Attached: 883812ea8671358aef05c225853da0a0.png (639x1494, 931K)

I loved this short. It was 80s as fuck.

I so dearly wish this series had a full season

Attached: 68a6d0d87bec54c86ee425824658b731_original.jpg (680x911, 174K)

Bro i'm straight up not having a good time

Attached: no.jpg (640x480, 40K)

This story ended up being a mirror of what today and the future society will end up being

Attached: 13. Now and Then, Here and There (Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku) [480p Hi10p AAC AC3 DVD][kuchikirukia]v2.mk (714x480, 169K)

Popular anime pre-00s is very different from popular anime today. There has always been a decent variety, but the popularity of previous anime was more varied. Now the popular stuff is generally isekai/harem/shounen. There's a lot more LN adaptions now than previously. Source material in the past was either directly ripped off or at least inspired by works of literature, plays, etc., so they had better source material to work with. I think the biggest advantage of newer anime is it tends to have less filler, and obviously it doesn't reuse animation like old shows did.

Who decided to call this HELLYWOOD?

youtube.com/watch?v=sMwAhiROjLE

Yume no Crayon Oukoku

Attached: sleep.gif (400x304, 658K)

I watched some episodes of this when I was a kid, it was so cute.

What's even worse, people like when modern movies have film grain or wide resolutions but companies keep removing the grain with filters and stretching the fucking aspect resolution on everything (anime related or not).

Wicked City was great

Attached: Wicked-City-Taki-e1485837563713.jpg (650x488, 21K)

I dropped anime for like 5 years after digital became the norm because of how fucking ugly and sterile the character and background art got. Though some recent works give me hope, I really like the way redline, mob psycho 100 or most movies by Masaaki Yuasa look to quote some examples of good digital animation, composition and art direction but most studios that push seasonal garbage still look as sterile and flat as ever.

>tfw toriyama will never design 10/10 goddesses ever again because his art devolved

Attached: 1549532345490.png (1005x563, 570K)

i completely agree and the fact that other people dont see this baffles me. seasonal anime literally all have the same plotline, charcter archetypes, and setting for the most part. so bland and boring. nothing original, and when shit tries to be original it's just bad

just finished this

Attached: black magic .jpg (696x522, 59K)

I'm not a supporter of the "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" because it's stupid generalization, but I think that the creativity stagnation in today's industry stands out when nips touch classic series for cheap remakes aimed at zoomers and casuals.

Attached: 4xANNJZlKL2mFaM3ceJGQwM_yk6DBWcb-xaifUulbPUULXWIYxc6UA0GJk-lS7l0.jpg (1200x631, 157K)

utterly based

Attached: 181222_L_0298.jpg (1701x1134, 702K)

It definitely feels like in the old times there were more truly ambitious works. I can't really imagine them making something on the scale of the original LOGH OVA series in the modern times. When I set the year slider to only include series made this decade (here: anilist.co/search/anime) and take a look, it feels pretty underwhelming compared to previous decades.

He should have quit manga after the Freezer saga and enjoy his money, goddammit.

Attached: Who's_That_Girl_.jpg (1024x1536, 260K)

Why does some 90's shows look more high res than 2000's and even some "hd" 2010's shows?

Attached: 1472481635712.png (289x277, 115K)

>zoomers

Film.

Who else would watch that crap.

90s shows were made on physical things you can rescan for high res.
2000s shows were made digitally in low res with low computer power, and don't exist in a physical way, so they can't be rescanned.
2010s shows use fancy filters that make everything look blurry.

Use another word. You sound like a fucking idiot when you use it. Its even more ironic using it when you're claiming not to be a supporter of "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" because a shit ton of people who make that argument think young people are everything wrong with media.

Speaking of filters, can anybody educate me on filtered releases such as those this bonkai77 dude is making on nyaa?

I've been stock pilling stuff to watch and wanna know if there's any merit to it. Examples:

nyaa.si/view/950944
nyaa.si/view/1001553
nyaa.si/view/975644

t. butthurt zoomer
Teach me a better word to use to identify that specific category, smartass.

Attached: 1548081591500.jpg (747x567, 52K)

What the fuck you're right what's the deal with the blur in the original? I understand the subtle noise texture overlay to help blend things together but the blurriness is impossible to ignore once you notice it.

Talking about samurai champloo, the other 2 look fine unfiltered.

Old anime was a reflection of it's time just as new anime is a reflection of our current time. Both take and share influence from whatever was popular in that particular time period. I don't like the now so I don't like new anime.

>born in the wrong generation
I'm grateful to modernity for offering the ease of accessing all which in older times would have taken chunks of time and space. I'd just rather wallow myself in that which has passed and has since become pure from the poisonous influences prevalent in modern media.

Short version: bonkai77's stuff is pure trash.

Long version: First, any and all re-encodes should be avoided since it's gonna be sub-par to just encoding it directly from source.
Secondly, overfiltered releases like the ones you linked are generally bad. A lot of anime needs some sort of filtering, but generally it should be done in moderation and as little as possible since it nearly always has some form of drawback.
Thirdly, the ones you linked are all using absolutely the worst original sources and his filtering is severely effecting the sharpness and colors of the show, making them unnatural and unintended.

For all intents and purposes try to find a release that encoded directly from source with as little filtering as possible. Most good encoders write some short words about what they did to the video, or at least provide screenshot comparisons so you can tell the difference between the product and the source.

None of the comparison pictures show a unfilitered version, they're from Moozzi, NAOKI-RAWS and OZC, all groups/people that don't know the first thing about encoding and over-filter their releases. So the bonkai77 releases are over-filtered re-encodes of already over-filtered encodes.

besides, even today only a handful of anime (movies and kyoanus stuff) are produced in 1080p. almost everything else is made in 720p and then upscaled for the BD release. meanwhile, a handful of 70s and 80s movies are getting 4k rescans, which would be cool, if only those fucking riceniggers didn't filter the shit out of them to make them look more "modern".

Attached: zambotears.jpg (500x375, 24K)

It's not one of the anime you listed, but Bonkai77's release of Nadia degrains and smudges the video and oversaturates it so much that it is uglier than the original.

The only reason people download his releases is because they usually very small in file size and too many people on public trackers put priority on size over quality.

also avoid kuchikirukia's encodes.

Kids. Just use fucking kids. Your whole point is that these animation companies are using remakes to bring in old viewers, but as you've said, they don't either give a shit because nothing will match up to the original in their books, or that every remake so far has been a lesser work or just shit.
The only audience they realistically go for is kids who probably haven't even heard of the series in the first place. If we're talking CCS, then that's a good example of this, even if CCS was popular and still is, people probably watched it without much to any knowledge of it, because they're fucking kids.
Christ, I have no clue why you think that as soon as a company makes a decision to specifically target a demographic and it works because kids don't know better, you automatically assume kids are everything wrong with media in general. This has been going on for years, its how this shit works and has been working. It works like this for the movie industry, the gaming industry even the fucking music industry does it. You might hate to hear this, trust me I hate it too, but pandering to your old fans and making something good for a niche isn't profitable, especially right now. It is insane for anyone who's trying to pitch a remake or continuation from an older work to try and make their ONLY audience be that old work's fanbase or to not change it. In fact, the biggest point to make here, would be to change it. If you try and make a remake or continuation and you just make the same shit, you'll be called a hack with no talent and just trying to recapture what made the old series or work special. Which I can't think of a single example of that working. If you change something, the tone, the characters, the way they've viewed their outlook on the world they inhabit, the story (especially if its a continuation) then its a much better premise to start from.

Worst thing that can happen is that the original materials or masters are degraded (or even lost) and they filter the shit out of it to compensate, destroying the original color palette and quality.

This is why things change. Not everything is a good change, but that's why its hard to make a continuation and remakes. You need talented people, lightning in a bottle, people who not only understand everything the characters went through throughout their whole arcs or what the current status of the world they inhabit is, but people who can take everything in a new direction and not update it, but progress that. And no, not in the sense of adding a new gender or whatever, I mean progressing them as characters.

>Bonkai77's release of Nadia

Not that user but I had it in my backlog and I did download that version, now I can dodge a bullet thanks.

I just watched this on the big screen at the Alamo Drafthouse this past Saturday. It knocked my fucking socks off.

Thanks. A lot of these torrents are top-seeders on Nyaa - good to know what I should avoid.

outstanding stuff innit?

[AniDL] Akage no Anne | Anne of Green Gables [10bit x265 720p BD English Subbed][IamTsukasa]

Is this a good version to download? Its 30+ gigs lighter than the other top seeded version.

What are the best releases for Samurai Champloo and Rahxephon that aren't 30 GB with 4 seeders?

RahXephon BDs are shit, you want a DVD release. Good luck finding one.

If there's any, they aren't on Nyaa. The one I linked is the one with most seeders and isn't very good considering what the others said.

Even the 30GB one you mentioned is by OZC, which apparently isn't a great group either.

Maybe somebody with access to private trackers can help.

No it's re-encoded trash.

Download the BD source and then translate and time the subs yourself, there's obviously no other way.

>wah wah mommy he used a word that hurt my feefees, make him stop
Your mental health problems aren't my issue.

That thumbnail looks ridiculously like a live-action shot except with a japanese guy looking to the right.

What a fucking loser.

Well, I guess Im biting the bullet on the 40+ gb one, thanks.

I'm really enjoying this series. I'll probably pick up Lain next.

Attached: 81eGOlWkmJL._SL1500_.jpg (1023x1500, 197K)

Watched Ebichu last week. Very lewd but also very cute. I enjoyed it

hope you're ready for the 90 minute info-dump & exposition episode

Damn you're right it looks like a miyamoto-ish guy looking right and downwards.

I'm prepared. The last 2 episodes are like that, right? Or is it just episode 14?

both episode 14 and 15 are 90-minutes long

Attached: 1543350322696.png (593x535, 95K)

B.B. Fish has a similar kind of feel to it. Wish the manga would've got scanlated but nobody seems to care about it.

>not using city-pop music
nice amv tho

Have seen this too a few months ago. Including all the ova's and specials. Man what a ride.

Attached: psme.jpg (768x576, 115K)

dropped it at the first 90 minute info dump I just couldn't handle it

>2000s shows were made digitally in low res with low computer power, and don't exist in a physical way, so they can't be rescanned.
The state of this lowquality bait general and its posters. Jesus Christ.

Same boat as Bebop then? Supposedly all 1080p versions available were gutted or something.

Attached: Cowboy Bebop - Session 01 - Asteroid Blues.mkv_snapshot_08.26_[2019.08.19_14.25.20].jpg (720x480, 64K)

Why do directors have such shit taste in their own works, not that it takes anything away from Kite

Attached: Robot Carnival - Presence Liner Notes 3.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

>le taste meme

Creators look at their creations with completely different eyes than everyone else.

People with talent are always their own biggest critics. People without talent are often blind to the fact and take their work way too seriously.

Finished Gunbuster, what an absolute masterpiece. I have to ask though since this is thread about old anime, why can't digital anime replicate the look of celluloid animation? Even the color choices in newer anime tend to be less vibrant I find.

Attached: gain_for_the_top__by_jeetdoh_dczin4a-fullview.jpg (1024x819, 144K)

why would you post this

It was digitally colored, shows it can still be done in a digital medium.

Urusei Yatsura

>also avoid kuchikirukia's encodes.
What are the problems with kuchikirukia, concretely? They don't generally provide source or metadata, so it's hard to tell without downloading.

Most of the pleasing aesthetics of celluloid came as a byproduct of it, replicating this in digital takes deliberate choices from art directors and extra effort from composition/post-production departments. So they're either too lazy to try or too retarded to understand how to do it. They're different mediums so there's an argument to playing up to one's strengths instead of trying to replicate another but most digital anime look so bad in comparison to cel-animation.

Attached: 1538470386197.jpg (1440x1080, 761K)

What's got me confused is largely the colors. What's stopping modern animators from color picking from old stuff like this? Is it just the grain that makes the colors pop more?

I have been putting it off for years due to hearing it sucks, so far (5 episodes in), it's really not that bad.

Attached: Macross 7.jpg (474x677, 70K)

Why does it trigger JoJofags so hard?

Attached: 1436543375420.png (777x579, 676K)

it's great -- the movie with the singing whales is pretty cool too

I think the problem is that when the paint on the back of cels and backgrounds dries up it gets slightly darker and has a nice texture to it, on top of the way the colors nicely blend to form the darker shadows. Digital colors remain the same, always pure unless its touched up. It also allows for shortcuts like filters or overlay layers to do the shadows and other stuff, it winds up looking worse in comparison to actual real color.

It's generally more like why does Jojo trigger HnKfags.

Started watching Maison Ikkoku. I'm also looking for Hagio Moto's Star Red, does anyone know where I can find it? I've been looking for it everywhere.

you know that is not true whatsoever

It's generally HnKfags (like yourself) that bring up Jojo and compare it to HnK. Jojofags almost never mention HnK outside of reminding people that the first couple parts were somewhat influenced by it.

Nice revisionist history you're trying to craft here, dumb fucking Akagi wannabe. JoJo fags are in a constant state of asshurt the moment Hokuto is even mentioned. Even the Medicos threads in /toy/ are full of you screeching cunts because Hokuto figures are coming.
Choke on it you fucking whore. This is you.

boards.4channel.org/toy/thread/7702368#top

Yeah, well, I don't got to /toy/ so I don't know what you children are up to over there. I never see HnK mentioned in Jojo threads on Yea Forums unless it's a butthurt HnKfag trying to keep their irrelevant series talked about on Yea Forums.

it's painfully obvious you're the same retard baiting in that thread

You're doing a pretty great job at being the exact kind of bitter JoJo fag right now.

I feel like there are less shows yearly that you'd want to rewatch. Personally I blame adaptations being originally light novels instead of manga these days.

I'm not the one that brought it up in the first place. I usually don't use the term "rent free" but that seems to be the case for you and Jojo considering you brought it up out of nowhere in this thread.

Attached: JojolionMitsuba.png (526x654, 86K)

You're proving me right though. You literally played yourself.

this and Starlight Angel were easily my favourites, there's beauty in sincere simplicity
also best girl

Attached: 05. Robot Carnival - Starlight Angel [BD 1080p Hi10P AAC][kuchikirukia].mkv_snapshot_08.33_[2019.08. (1920x1036, 1.06M)

If he didn't even mention JoJo you still would have sperged out simply because he posted HnK in and of itself. By the way, the shitty Yakuza tie-in game was the 12th best selling game in Japan in 2018 and even beat our Monster Hunter. That's hardly irrelevant.

Why do shounenshitters have to destroy everything they touch? Just stick to your containment threads, both of you.

No, I just thought it was funny that that user was being a triggered HnKfag while claiming that Hnk triggers Jojofags. He's trying to backpedal now though.

But Hokuto no Ken has already been brought up in this very thread with no problems whatsoever.

it's a demonstrable fact that it does though

Only because this guy read that far back.

you already know wtf going on

Attached: albator.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Technology for ridiculous 3dcg wasn't as widely available, so they had to animate everything the classic way. For better or for worse.

I watched 2199 years ago but I think I'm enjoying the original more despite some of the 70's jankiness

Attached: Yamato - 01 [10bit BD 1080p] [42EBEF7E].mkv_snapshot_23.39_[2018.12.22_18.29.24].png (1440x1080, 1.79M)

The original Uchuu Senkan Yamato and Mobile Suit Gundam
Neither had me particularly hooked by the start aside from animation, but by the end of it both were absolutely great and deserve every single word of praise they've gotten over several decades, even regardless of the gigantic cultural impact.

Attached: Amuro durr.png (960x720, 1.16M)

He used to make the fluffiest girls. And thickest. Even Marle was thicker than the stick drawings he does now.

The show is kinda boring because it spends too much time on government people in suits. Fuck Sho Aikawa.

The otaku pandering back then was better than it is today, because the anime girls weren't a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, and otaku liked other nerdy shit like mechs and actual fantasy instead of MMO mechanics.
So yes, I would say so that on average it was better.

B.B Fish had a magical aesthetic and seemed interesting story wise. But boy did it come off like a fever dream in terms of pacing and establishing what exactly was going on. Not necessarily a bad thing, it was an enjoyable fever dream, but that’s a weird part of Production I.G history.

Just had a rewatch of Wedding Peach, damn my heart still goes all doki doki, the romance was really neat desu. Also Wedding Wars should be in God-tier opening

Attached: peach-wedding-wars.gif (540x403, 1.95M)

Gunbuster last week, Nadia now, Eva next week.

Attached: [TOKU] The Ultraman 24 - Twin Sister Of Mutsumi.mp4_snapshot_19.56_[2019.08.17_14.06.41].png (1280x720, 955K)

I was one episode to finish it but that movie-long infodump made me drop it forever.
Love the aesthetic, music, and the main idea of taking the idol idea from a popstar to a worshipping figure, but it was a complete dissapointment.

Macross 7 is a masterpiece. All you have to do is make it past the very slow first chunk of 11-13 episodes. Then once it picks up, it becomes the greatest anime ever made.

imagine watching tokushit
now imagine watching old bad anime based on tokushit

MSG really does pick up in the last 10 episodes or so. I recently just sped through a lot of Gundam and now I feel like I need to rewatch them to better formulate my opinions. I rewatched ZZ with a friend which was fun but I'm not looking forward to watching the whole desert arc of 0079 again.

Attached: [Zeonic-Corps]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_-_41_[640x480_H.264_AAC]_[5539BE20].mkv_snapshot_18.16_[2018.07.16 (640x480, 188K)

It used to be that if you got into anime it was because it was through other genre fiction. At some point anime became it's, I don't want to say "genre" but it seems that a very large portion of the hobby like anime because it's anime and the references and tropes are just LOLANIME.

Ultraman and Ultraseven are legitimately better than any anime ever made. Sit down and be humble.

Attached: PDVD_022.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Umetsu had a very unique and hyper dense style of animating characters in his early days that doesn’t quite feel like classical full animation in the timing and flow but nevertheless isn’t remotely limited. I’ve heard other people say that they found it weird and unnatural. I like it a lot personally because of just how busy it is alongside his very detailed drawings, but as he mentioned, he was experimenting at the time and experiments in art are always divisive. He came out against it himself. Which is too bad since Umetsu now is mostly only identifiable by his character art and not his actual animation, which is far from bad, but no longer as unique.

Oh neat ultraman jones. Also nice to know sunrise were the animators for this installment.

What show is this?

Are you for real?

Watching Blue Gender now but would you recommend some more down to earth military anime?

Also did a Saint Seiya marathon last week since I bought the complete DVD series last year but kept putting it off.
My memory of it was that the Gold Saints blew everything else out of the water, but the entire Silver Saints arc building up to it was equally good too.
I used to remember Asgard as decent too, but was in fact unbearable despite having the coolest-looking armors. Neptune arc is okay.
All in all, I'm glad that even after all this time, 32yo me agrees with 5yo me that Ikki is the coolest motherfucker and is just made of awesome.

I genuinely believe that the reason why some dislike it is that they didn't listen to his song. It really boils down to it.

Attached: Pegasus cloth.gif (499x374, 427K)

They were working on it literally the same time as Gundam, it's weird to think this was airing at the same time
Unfortunately Ultraman is something Yea Forums could never understand

Attached: [TOKU] The Ultraman 01 - The Hero Is Born.mp4_snapshot_08.56_[2018.10.09_20.05.06].png (1280x720, 1.05M)

I've never seen the picture stretched out for a remaster or BD, we could easily fix that though. What I have seen is censoring some scenes and cropping the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 which is a fucking travesty and I don't know how any company could consider that a professional thing to do.

>recent
>redline
That movie is ten years old. You know if it was made today it would have a bunch of garbage CG for the races.

The whole point of the movie was that it was fully hand drawn. If it was made today with the same people with the same desire to do everything hand drawn it would have ended up more or less the same. Anime doesn't use CGI because it's required, it uses it to cut corners.

According to Wikipedia, studio 1 was working on gundam, another studio was working on this. Pretty neat, it's done in the same manner that ideon and trider g7 were being made at the same time.

CGI existed ten years ago, user. I'm rewatching Haruhi right now and there's plenty of CGI in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless a 00s show was made in high res in the first place any attempt to make a 1080bd will result in noticeable pixels. Even in shows where the animation was done physically but had some CG effects, the animation upscales fine but the CG elements will have jagged edges.

Why was Japan in the early 70's and 80's obsessed with weird obscure American pulp science fiction from the 1930's and 40's?

Attached: [South Wind Subs] Captain Future - 01 [48CF6A09].mkv_snapshot_11.10_[2019.01.03_14.22.48].png (960x720, 591K)

Star Wars

Same reason people in the now are obsessed with shit from the 80s and 90s.

>cropping the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9

Yeah that's what I meant but I got confused with stretching the aspect ratio in video game emulators.

user.... a decade is not really that much time.

Attached: 1558595628255.gif (379x440, 140K)

I have yet to find a decent looking BD for Bebop. I don't think there is one.

A lot can happen in a decade, user

Wait, are the BDs that just released a few years ago no good? I bought those, that'd be disappointing.

Attached: 1559635689466.png (1448x1080, 2.63M)

If you bought them, you'd know.

A lot can happen in a year but if you stop to think about it, a decade is not that long, 4 or 5 years can pass by without even noticing. Most people only get an average of 6~8 decades until death.

Attached: 1565746433639.jpg (1095x1195, 343K)

Agreed. Starlight Angel is my favorite.

A decade is sizable percentage of a person's life. A decade turns a child into an adult.

This has been on my backlog for years.

Wut. If the Japs shot it on 35mm, how the fuck did the Italians get it on 16mm?
Or are you just retarded?

Blue Gender was way too depressing for my taste.

Attached: (G_P) Blue Gender 06(x264)(7D5A74BA).mkv_snapshot_08.21_[2015.11.19_03.21.10].jpg (640x480, 17K)

I would have been fine with Blue Gender being depressing if the story hadn't gone to absolute dogshit in the second half.

Wait, are people really saying this BD release looks bad compared to this DVD? Because the contrast and color bleeding are awful on that DVD pic, even by NTSC standards.

Not him but that kind of thing has happened with movies too. Especially downscales of 70mm film to 35mm film. Don't know what could have happened for Italy to get 16mm film of it but you'd be surprised at the kind of insane shit that happened sometimes in the past with film.

Good quality video is soulless.

Star Wars most likely, but since sci-fi is utterly destroyed in the west I wish they went back to it

Attached: 1463867366747.webm (640x360, 1.6M)

Yes it is. You just have a distorted perspective of time because you're doing nothing with your life.

Go back to your futurefunk amvs kid.

That does look good, maybe I'm just having bad luck finding a good version.

There's really no way to say this without sound like an angry MUH SEKRET KLUB asshole, but I really do hate how sci fi and comic movies and all that shit has become mainstream. The potential for actual cosmic epics has become lost because we need to pander to the ADD infested, casual audience who needs TEH EPICS BATTLES!

I was just complaining about SJW putting niggers in the future really

astronauts and sheeit

t. neet, if you actually worked or studied you would think otherwise

I actually bought them twice to get two different exclusives. I've only opened the Amazon one for the artbook and haven't watched them because I've seen the series about 10 times and haven't felt the need for another rewatch yet.

I think user is implying you have them backwards but I hope I'm wrong.

Attached: 1541684378598.jpg (960x720, 124K)

It never satisfied so I don't think it detracts from good sci-fi. In my opinion good science fiction is rooted in real science and a general audience is never going to appreciate true science fiction that deals with shit like astronomy, quantum physics, robotics, etc. Just look at that awful Ghost in the Shell movie. The original movie isn't terribly complex, normal mode sci-fi I'd say and they couldn't even handle that so they just made it Blade Runner.

AWWW YEAH DAWG THIS IS SOME POWERS OF MATH AND SHITZ

>niggers in space
>first thing they do is talk about racism and slavery from 200+ years ago

every time

I think it's a requirement that every science fiction movie or television show needs some variation of "I love science!"

Reasons Why detailed here on the production failing
youtube.com/watch?v=k4QXbT6uhQU

I just remember watching old star trek and whenever someone had to do their tech talk it was always in a sort of, "quiet dignity." Mr Spock would have them reverse a polarity or whatever and they're be some tension while they pretended it might not work and then when the day is saved it was "Good Work Mr Spock" and maybe a dry one liner from Bones and Spock sniping at each other. Now it's just like OMG WE'Z NEIL DEGRASS TYSON BOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY!!!" SCIENCE IS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

And it's not even like the actual science is any more accurate than it was now is the big thing.

You should watch it, the plot takes time to start but the interactions between MCs and romance make up for it. The music is ok, openings/endings are good (OP2 beats everything), the animation is solid for OLM first animu. All girls are best girls, no exception.
For an exhanced experience, I recommand to see the anime then reading the manga. While the anime is derivated from it, it takes time to develop the characters which is one of the strength of this show.

This is a large part of why The Martian is the worst movie ever made.

another thing I hate these days is all the technology looking like the inside of the Apple store. Also hologram or touch-screen haptic interface shit. It was cool in the early 2000's but I'm getting really sick of how everything is so clean and flimsy looking. I'm really starting to prefer old fashioned heavy industrial machinery type future tech.

Attached: Yamato - 05 [10bit BD 1080p] [23A6B308].mkv_snapshot_13.32_[2019.07.28_13.04.07].png (1440x1080, 1.58M)

I was gonna say based but he's just an autist

nothing wrong with non-whites in space but this shit can fuck right off
contemporary politics in general should not be inserted into sci fi at all unless its done very subtly without taking any obvious jabs at anybody in particular

Never saw it but I cringed so hard I vibrated into another dimension when he said, "I'm gonna science the shit out of this!"

They're always just so self congratulatory about everything. I mean look back at DS9. Now it certainly pulled a lot of that shit sure but I think most people remember Sisko as the FUCKING PSYCHO who did a lot of questionable shit instead of the black captain.

When STD(lol) was first airing they where all up their own ass about THE FIRST BLACK CAPTAIN, which, hello Sisko, and then the first FEMALE captain, cough Janeway.

They wear pretty frilly dresses right? That's all I need to hear to be sold.

Leftists ONLY write anything today to get back at whitey. Full stop that is their only goal. Not even to empower themselves, but to drag whites down, or any 'traitors' that align with whites.

This is one that I really, really don't get. I can't think of a good piece of science fiction where a character felt the need to point out that they're using science to solve a problem and that they think it's super cool that science exists. It's got to be an audience thing. Discovery does it but The Expanse doesn't. I get why the audience divide exists, but I don't get what the target audience gets out of it.

I was holding out hope for a return to steamy rusty pipe sci-fi with all this 80s wanking lately but they still don't quite nail it. Now sci-fi just looks like a caricature of what people think sci-fi from the 80s looked like with neon lights everywhere. Sci-fi in anime right now is absolute garbage. Clean CG mechs and hologram computer screens. Bad CG fights and those choreographed sword/martial arts fights just make my eyes glaze over the same way big epic battles in movies do.

Even the orville doesn't really do it that much

mecha I think suffered the worst, everything is really overdesigned, frail and plastic looking.

It's written for dumb people.
The audience is just going to get bored and fuck with their phone if they actually discuss the tech like it's just a normal part of their world.
But instead everyone claps when famous actor man dabs and goes SCIENCE LMAO

I don't want to pretend like the original audience was always super intelligent but fuck me are modern audiences these days short focused. You can't even have an episodic series anymore because everything has to be about THE LORE AND TEH EPICS! Because we can't just enjoy a weekly piece of sci fi. Episodes can't exist solely for their own sake.

No, I just started watching the first season and the amount of available content is a bit daunting. Is there a general consensus on what the worthwhile parts are?

>Is there a general consensus on what the worthwhile parts are?

watch the whole thing you asshole. Form your own opinion.

To be precise, two types : wedding dresses and sailor moon-like dresses

I think that's more just what's in at the moment, plus current distribution methods for higher budget shows, namely streaming services, favor long form stories over episodic shows. I'm getting The Expanse out of it so I can't complain too much, that's an incredible show that simply couldn't have existed before, but it'd be nice if there was a not terrible Star Trek or something without having to settle for an off-brand.

one has handmade background the other it looks like a photoshopped photo or cheap cgi image
many time the background is super detailed but kind of flat death, or objekts look like gci like the trees or the lamp
they use tonne ol effekt tha cast no light or just a light that on top off the screen not at the scene like the light wing here

Attached: old vs new.jpg (3358x1080, 1.74M)

of course not, millennials and zoomers despise episodic content because they want to feel like they're invested in some kind of big story to warrant their time. You can thank streaming for this shit because normalfags love to le binge watch every piece of shit that falls into their lap.

This is part of the exact reason I also prefer the original Yamato to 2199. That and they put all whores on the ship.

The italian BD is perfect. The encoder is a quality autist.

I know for a fact that everyone hated the latest SM series, so why should I watch it?

Actually after downloading a couple of raw versions I think Kagura simply upscaled the resolution, hence the blurrier look. The BD set therefore unfortunately has the filter. Compare this with , this looks a tad less blurry because it's a smaller resolution.

Attached: Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami - 02 [BD-rip 960x720 x264 FLAC] .mkv_snapshot_15.09_[2019.08.19_17.31.26 (960x720, 276K)

I just wonder why even make shows if you're gonna dump it all. Just make it a movie. You'd save on the episode count.

Some adaptions genuinely couldn't tell the story properly if condensed into a film. More often though, it's just about increasing watch time.

really? i have mozzi's encode rip of minky momo ronde of my dream and look okayish.

maybe it was a copy of a copy, while the japs of course have access to the master.
like for example how the italian vhs of the hokuto no ken movie is the only uncensored version existing anywhere. the original has apparently been lost to a fire, or a flood, or whatever. i wouldn't be surprised to hear that a copy somehow resurfaced just in time for the 4k anniversary remastered special edition release.

Everything but Crystal.
If it's too much then don't watch it but don't pull that guize just tell me the good episodes.

BUENO

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_07_(75808A6F).mkv_snapshot_06.54_[2019.03.17_18.22.02].jpg (640x480, 179K)

Well, that was a good thread. See you next time
You, sir, are a man of taste

Even the Italian version has some censorship, it's just the least censored version. Damn shame what happened to that movie. It remained faithful to the level of violence in the manga only to be censored.

Attached: Hokuto no Ken Movie (v2) [1986] (Remastered x264 Dual AC3-End - ENG POR) [F15F8C2A].mkv_snapshot_00. (720x478, 90K)

Girls in cute dresses heal the soul.

Attached: Saint Tail 09v2 HQ [BE1B42F8].mkv_snapshot_20.50_[2019.04.30_21.37.40].jpg (1024x768, 393K)

>I know for a fact that everyone hated the latest SM series, so why should I watch it?

Because you're your own person with your're own tastes who should for their own opinion.

I had lost hope for these threads but this was good. As long as we can keep the uh-stet-ick fags at bay.