Yea Forums's fireden archive is gone

boards.fireden.net/a

>Yea Forums's fireden archive is gone
>all those piece of history lost forever

Why did this happen?

Attached: 1447713063997.png (382x395, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>desuarchive exists
>data on both sites is backed up regularly
Fucking newfag, this isn't like archive.moe in 2015

>Oh no, whatever will those totally existent historians do without our precious shitposts

Attached: 4L_pclEw6ny.jpg (802x542, 58K)

nothing of value was lost

I noticed that earlier. Anyone know why?

Might not be permanent. The image server still seems to work

I bet most of you cancer can't even remember the original archives and their first successors. The original history of Yea Forums has been gone for a long time now.

Desuarchive is still around, as unreliable as it might be.

Easymodo and greenoval

Yea Forums archives are antithetical to the entire point of the website anyway

ITT: OP is behind the times

Archives have existed for the majority of the site's lifespan by now

That doesn't invalidate his point

Nobody knows.

That's not an argument for them. That's like saying murder has existed for a long time despite there being laws against it so it shouldn't be wrong to just kill someone.

On that note though, it just sucks how there are things that are taken for granted in Yea Forums's posting culture that are unfortunately not covered as exactly illegal by board rule standards but have poliferated and brought down general post quality. Things like generals, misusing the quoting function without actually quoting other posts, image reactions with no content inside the post besides the image itself, and things like actively announcing reports and sage, although sage itself is probably almost gone now because of how moot changed it in 2014. Worst thing he ever did besides asking for active invasions of new posters to genocide /jp/ and Yea Forums.

>generals
I don't understand complaining about generals in Yea Forums. Of course a show that is airing in the current season is going to have a great deal of threads.

i have a theory hear me ou

oh god oh fuck
user, are you okay?

Attached: 1564492210009.gif (500x281, 987K)

It feels more like it's some sort of scapegoat. "if the board is getting worse then it clearly must be because of those darned generals that ruined the entire site!" And then the people who say things on this level go and get upset at any random mentions of a show they dislike in a thread focused on another show, or tell other to "go back to their containment thread", basically enforcing some of the worst parts of an actual general onto everyone.
The issue has never been "general" threads themselves, because any thread about a subject that's popular enough will get plenty of consecutive threads. The real issue is the harmful behavior of some people who post regularly in those threads, but they will obviously never accept the fact that they're a problem. And on top of that, policing that behavior is difficult unless you keep a close watch on every thread, and since no staff member is willing to put in that level of effort, they do silly things like trying to ban all "generals" or making up rules, making everything even worse as it gives fuel for shitposting to people who want nothing more than to ruin the board.

tl;dr it's all fucked because the majority of users are fucked.

You laugh, but in 2000 years someone might find it interesting.

>pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

Bump.

This kinda highlights how really bad it is that fireden has seemingly no way of contacting the person/people that run it. Can't believe the site has existed for so long now in this state.

>The issue has never been "general" threads themselves

Desuarchieve still covers Yea Forums.
Yea Forums and /vg/ are completely fucked, tho. Fireden was the last one getting those up.

That was rough. I wrote a couple of copypasta edits I was pretty proud of tailored to various shows around that time I was watching, though I never actually saved them anywhere, just copied from finding previous posts in the archives. I keep hoping someday I'll see them in a screencap, but that's duumb really. They're not relevant anymore anyway so it's fine really. But I wanted to go back and read one of them not too long ago and was reminded of this loss and also how our own memories really are quite flawed when I couldn't even begin to rewrite it beyond the first few words.

Thanks for proving the last point of that post.

Was wondering what was going on with it.

the archive mafia got him

>/cm/ Cute/Male
>Yea Forums Comics & Cartoons
>/ic/ Artwork/Critique
>/sci/ Science & Math
>/tg/ Traditional Games
>/vip/ Very Important Posts
>/y/ Yaoi
I just realized that they killed basically the entire site.

isnt the whole point of Yea Forums that it remains anonymous and ephermal? we dont need an archive

So, I get that anonymity allows people to be honest, reduces the ability of people to ad hominem away arguments, and prevents cults of personality from forming.
What does the transient nature of the futaba / 2ch format provide? I feel like it's an important aspect of the site, but I'm not sure why.

The problem with back to back threads or even frequent threads is that you quickly run out of stuff to talk about and all that's left is either a image dump or an endless torrent of shitposts that dis-incentivizes any actual discussion.
See any weekly shounen or Made in Abyss threads.

They are, but they're also useful because nobody can be on this site 24/7.

Speak for yourself.

They're good because then I can search them to figure out what the hell people are talking about when they use certain acronyms or phrases.
I don't visit enough Yea Forums in general to keep up with the vernacular and I'll be harassed if I ask for an explanation - the archive lets me learn.

Hahaha look at this nobody admitting he's a nobody
I'm sorry

>enough Yea Forums
*Yea Forums enough

Well fuck. I was reading the Baki translation threads on Fireden, and my small retard brain can't find them on the other archives

You can still read threads on the other archive. Raws are in the usual place.

google Yea Forums archive

This. Moot wanted Yea Forums to not to have a memory or a past of iself.

>actually getting upset over greentexting

He was also a faggot who backstabbed and abandoned us and the users of this site clearly wanted to keep an archive of everything, proof of that is the very existence and persistence of archives.

Don't you mean 'meme arrowing'?

Thanks anons, found them on desuarchive. For whatever reason, they arent showing up if I search baki translation, but they do if i search for just the word grappler.

That's a weird way of saying that he was endlessly harassed and taken for granted until he finally threw up his hands and walked away. He was a saint for putting up with 4ch's autistic shit for so long.

Attached: 69456926_p0.jpg (634x1200, 165K)

the fuck?
google is really neutered these days

It means discussions aren't ignored, ironically. When a topic comes up that you are interested in, you have to jump in and discuss to keep the thread going. Discussions are quick back and forth posting and a quick end to a thread

On a regular forum you may have to wait weeks for a new post on your topic, and definitely won't have a present discussion with users posting every few minutes

>On a regular forum you may have to wait weeks for a new post on your topic, and definitely won't have a present discussion with users posting every few minutes
It was once, but those days are a past life.

Actually, the jap sites are archived too. It's just too convenient of a feature to not have these days, "muh original chan spirit" be damned.

The quality of posts was significantly higher before any archiving. Prove me wrong.

We've been through nearly a dozen services by now, it's fairly routine.

Chanarchive, 4everchan, moe, fireden, Yotsuba preservation society/stanford, desu, plebs, archive.org. a bunch more I can't remember.

Yea Forums has been archived im some form within a few days of creation.

To defend either position with any rigor you'd have to access an archive at some point.

Remember the old vote-based archive? Probably not.

No one is complaining about ongoing threads for currently airing shows as generals. Generals are constant threads for dead shows or slow release: like the same six tripfags making thread after thread for Madoka and whatever has happened to Made in Abyss or Hunter x Hunter threads

Anyone got the issue where the filters only appear when you click and hold on the search bar?

>Yea Forums
>gay and ungrateful
redundant

Are you using chrome?

don't people use desuarchive over fireden?

Attached: 1542325591730.jpg (444x444, 35K)

Guess I won't when browsing the archives now, thanks. What even is this issue about?

You mean when every thread spiraled into "dude archive it" and "put it up for archiving"?

It's better having more than one option and Desuarchive used to break all the time a little while ago. Fireden's only issue was not having ghostposting.

No clue.

¿porque no los dos?

>make thread about subject
>locked: thread already exists for this subject
>reply to that thread
>locked: stop necroposting 3 month old posts

That's still far ahead of what he means.

I wish all archives of Yea Forums (but not world4ch) would die.
One of the beautiful things about Yea Forums is its ephemeral and word of mouth nature, and archive sites fuck that up.

Good. Archives are cancer.

>mod deletes an on-topic thread for no reason
>it's now gone forever
We just can't have that kind of thing anymore. Proof of existence is way too valuable now.

>in some form
You could not reasonably access old posts, that was good enough for me. Once shit hit page 15 it was gone.

>What does the transient nature of the futaba / 2ch format provide?
Moot was always begging due to server costs even with the limits. I'm sure the site wouldn't exist if they had to try and store everything.

Before the advent of archive sites it meant that you had to be there to know for sure.
Everything was word of mouth, so newfags couldn't just look at knowyourmeme (or whatever the fuck it is) or archives and get the full story.
Oldfags were more important since they could tell you secrets behind esoteric jokes that newfags simply couldn't understand.
It was a good time

Nyaa and Sadpanda should have taught you it's good to have more than one option