Magic beats guns

>magic beats guns
This will always be retarded.

Attached: truetears_aiko.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Technology manipulates the world as we see it, magic manipulates it as it is

Bullets move too fast for magic to affect them.

Not if magic is faster

>my boomstick made by the lowest bidder will definitely beat the ability to mindbreak the laws of physics

Attached: Smug nekokaguya.jpg (535x557, 62K)

[immunity to physical damage]
[immunity to metal damage]

What was the point of the Cock story?

pepe liberator intensifies

You need cold iron bullets to BTFO magic. Lead or brass won't cut it.

>Casts shield spell against projectiles
>Guns don't work
Wow.

How the fuck would you know?

It's a fucking bullet.

*laughs in pointy boi*

Attached: AKM+bakelite+bayo.jpg (1024x768, 317K)

based retard

>magic exists
>guns exist
>nobody uses magic guns
This will always piss me off. It's always such lazy writing when the mages are snooty pricks who refuse to try something new because traditions and shit. Then they use literally every other modern luxury besides modern weapons. The caster gun has always been one of my favorite fictional weapons ever since I was a kid.

Attached: CasterAndShells.jpg (640x480, 174K)

>magic and technology working together

>uses mana
>lol magi tech so advanced
Just use a wand or fire bullets normally with spells.

Magic is dumb on itself

Is there such a setting where magic is used as support for guns? For example, a mage casts an elemental barrier to use for coverage or a caster spawns magic hollow point bullets, etc. Is there an anime that does this?

I don't know but I'm still sad.

Attached: 1309915811610.png (1226x888, 107K)

OKADAAA

>Casts shield spell against physical attack
>Bayonet doesn't work
Wow

>Magic
>is not real or bound by reality, and can be as powerful as the writer needs
>Guns
>is real and bound by reality, and will immediately kill suspension of disbelief if it doesn't function like the audience would expect it to in real life, and is guaranteed trigger /k/ autists regardless of how accurate

there was one but i dont remember what it was caleld lol

>always

Attached: Just shoot him.png (720x1854, 675K)

thank you for your input

Attached: 1551585835340.jpg (577x534, 144K)

It's fucking magic

>technology beating magic
I want this trope to exist. Like non magic users being oppressed for being weak and powerless before turning to technology and flipping the script and going crazy on the magic world

That's literally the garlean empire from final fantasy 14

Cheaters don't win.

Also Noe fag tears.

sounds cool, too bad i dont like mmos.

The tragedy is that it actually contains the best story in FF in like, 20 years, but it's locked behind 200 hours of shitty MMO masochism. Needs a manga adaptation or something.

Youjo Senki's magic turn bullets into artillery and turns magic users into ground attack aircraft.

What would stop the magic users from using the technology themselves?

This guy gets it.

Attached: 1446219390426.jpg (1024x576, 162K)

Watch cop craft

I toyed with writing genreshit about isekai'd humans being one of the many nations ruled by a small notelf Magistocracy for thousands of years that eventually successfully revolted as smokeless powder level weapons finally proliferated.
Story was about the humans fighting a long war of attrition trying to wipe out their former masters imperial homeland. Trying to burn their way through a forest that magically won't burn. Trying to dig their way to the runestones keeping the trees immune to fire only to get mindfucked into flamethrowering themselves to death in the tunnels. Suffering through plagues spread by insects under the influence of the Empire. The conflict was largely a contrast between how successful humans would be in the field vs how humans would struggle against magic more in ground of a magus' choosing.
Basically boiled down to whether the humans were morally justified trying to overthrow the notelf nation itself a few decades after successfully seceding from their empire.

its not as bad as friendship triumphing over evil.

What about magic guns?

That doesn’t make any fucking sense

You dont need magic guns. A normal gun with normal bullets deals with normal people. You just load anti-magic bullets or bullets that have some magical effect to deal with magic users.

I don't see how this makes sense. If magic is just a technology that doesn't exist in the real world, there's no reason for the characters to distinguish the two. If it isn't and it can't be studied by scientific method, then it will also fuck up any natural experiments. You can't learn anything if sometimes there's magic around and you get different results.

Chaika

>turn your gun into dildo and your hands into giant testicles
Nothing personel mate.

>guns beat magic

Attached: RCO010.jpg (1041x1600, 525K)

That would make for bad storytelling and you know it.

Attached: O.png (848x459, 200K)

>mages dominate everything because of the nearly unbreakable defenses as well as powerful offense
>guns are invented, impact power and speed is so high barriers don't stand a chance
>now every peasant can kill a mage

A gun has only one potential advantage over a magic user: the ability to get a shot off before they can use their magic. If the magic is already up, you could be facing some sort of force field that stops the bullets in mid air, as if they had collided with a brick wall. Or, failing that, the wounds could heal themselves automatically, removing the bullets in the process. Or perhaps we might not even get to that stage. Maybe the guns will be rendered unable to function from afar. The firing pin strikes the primer, but the propellant is not ignited, and the bullet is not launched.

Turns out, being able to break the laws of physics is a bit more useful than being able to hit things at high velocity.

What is the name of this western Gate comic?

What if we hit them at a HIGHER velocity though?

1. Anyone can use guns vs magic where you have to learn or be gifted.
2. Conventional arms out-range most depictions of magic and will win unless they have strong constant shield magic or long range sensor magic.

Just enchant the gun and bullets.

It depends on how advanced either side is.
Reality warping level magic vs modern weapons - magic wins
Futuristic technology vs isekai world - technology wins

If both sides are at their full potential, it's a toss up but it's gonna be fun to watch.

Imagine a magic-technology trench war where no side can win for years.

Guns are just advanced bows and arrows and magic >>> bows and arrows.

Only one kind of magic can beat guns and it's a 1st tier spell. Any other is just meh.

Attached: 12Necromanticblack.png (627x157, 82K)

I just assume it works via Arcanum's laws, i.e Magic fucks with Tech and vice versa

Just get a bigger boomstick

Numbers. Supposedly there are few magic users vs commoners in the same way there are few nobles vs peasants
So it would probably lead to same thing that made nobility come to an end in periods of the 19th-20th Century.
In past periods, as a commoner, you didn't have the training, power or equipment to easily beat a knight. Once the crossbow came along, there were calls from the nobility to ban it across Europe because Peasant Joe could load one up and shoot a mounted knight as it was easy to use. Reality however was the war crossbow had a fairly long reload time and crossbowmen were vulnerable. The change really started when firearms began appearing. Early guns were slow reloading as well and vulnerable, but the technology had growth for improvement and tactics improved and by the 18-19th century, the nobility had lost much of their teeth since large numbers of people could be trained up to use a musket/rifle easily

Oh no your tiny /k/ feelings got hurt

I like to imagine that because bullets move faster than thought that during first contact between combatants team firearm would have the advantage but extended combat would give team magic the advantage as they think their spells.
Depends on the magic system, I'd imagine that team magic would learn to caste defensive spell prior to entering the contested zone.

Attached: guns vs magic.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Isn't that just like the second half of Akira where they kind of fuck him up with the laser guns because he isn't expecting it. Actually the Akira lasers are another good wrench to throw in the magic vs guns autism competition.

Strike witches use magic to fly and create shield, but they attack using guns

That sounds like thing they do in Borito, no joke

Team magic might not need defensive magic depending on the setting. Magic might enable one to attain immortality or to stop time.

>10v10
>Contact
>Gun gals kill 9/10 wiz kids
>last wiz kid stops time and kills all the gun gals.
Brutal

Majority of magic systems are just substitutions for other types of real or semi-real weapons and tools. And with magic specs being completely at writer's discretion, without any fundamental reference points, it's completely irrelevant what's used - magic or weapon. It's just fancy special effect for abilities of characters, like a reskin in video game.
Magic systems which define magic as truly something different from just reskinned technologies will vary too much, depending on setting. For example fairy tale magical setting may completely eliminate even concept of tools used to kill. While other setting will feature magic as something like ability to communicate with spirits, in which case it would be almost impossible to use magic as normal weapons and whole argument loses it's meaning.
In majority of cases magic is a reskinned technology, so rules used to determine which gun wins should be applied here, and without specifying magic it's meaningless. For example, in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei magic is indistinguishable from using normal sci-fi firearms and power suits, even their "magic wands" are created in the form of firearms.

Guns are magic

Magic is usually just a replacement for grenades or sentry bots in most MMOs. While bows are a replacement for rifles and swords are a replacement for shotguns

Sure I guess. Youjo Senki and Alderamin come to mind.

nice blogpost

Arifureta

Why? Magic limitations is depend on writer itself. There are fuck load of fictions where gun couldn't do shit against wizard.

Chaika.