Be Goku's best friend for 20+ years

>be Goku's best friend for 20+ years
>get replaced by Vegeta and forgotten about

Why is life so hard for him?

Attached: tumblr_onsek6gykK1r72ht7o1_500.gif (500x372, 1.47M)

>Why is life so hard for him?
Look at his wife and say that again

Attached: hr_meho821912.jpg (2974x7113, 1.04M)

I don't remember 18 being that stacked.

Who the fuck would want to marry a robot?

something is hard and it's definitely not his life.

>Who the fuck would want to marry a robot?
No one,that's why we're here.

Attached: 1564975398168.png (760x839, 733K)

Cyborg

Attached: KR1_friendofjustice.png (522x379, 15K)

He's an eternal manlet. Even though he got a hot wife.

Attached: UmaruCri.png (391x316, 169K)

They really didn't spend as much time together as you think. There was this one time skip in Dragon Ball where they didn't see each other for literal years. And this is not the modern technological world where people stay in touch through WhatsApp and snapchat, so keep that in mind too. They both died a lot too, and entered the room of space and time... Of course they are best friends, but life goes on even if your best friend isn't there

I think its supposed to be implied that Goku DOES spend quality time with this friends and family off screen, which is why they all still have a good relationship. This is of course contradicted by Toriyama's insistence on saying that Goku doesn't care about anything but fighting strong opponents, which is contradicted by Goku's heroism and attitude in DB and DBZ.

IT'S ANDROID.....ANDROID

Attached: maam.jpg (800x450, 58K)

While not canon, several of the movies make a good showing of this.

Toriyama is just too lazy to write a meaningful relationship between Goku and his friends. He needs to be yelled at to put in the effort.

Vegeta simply is a way more convenient friend for Goku
>better sparring partner
>rich wife that isn't programmed to hate him
>wives get along
>kids are bffs
>there's always delicious food at his place
Even for a shitty family man like Goku, it's really important to have friends that you can visit with the rest of your family.

she's a cyborg
also me

Except Goku didnt so much as talk to anyone for 4 years from the end of DB to the start of Z to the point where no one knew he had a kid.

Toriyama hates what Dragon Ball has become. that is why everything is inconsistent as fuck. you can see he doesn't even like to draw goku the cast anymore when you compared the shit he pulls out for dragon quest

cyborg you tard
android is a robot

really only Krillan and Vegeta were truly the rivals to Goku. Piccolo and Tien only had a very brief moment in the sun before getting shoved to the side. Yamcha was probably the first but he had the misfortune of not just being a rival in DB's least battle intensive arc, but also being the Sandy to Goku's Wukong (at least Sando benefited from being the only reasonable female character).

But after Krillin was introduced he became the "not as strong so much more tricky" foil to Goku up until the Namek arc and was replaced with the "just as straight-forward but much more unscrupulous" Vegeta.

It's his own fault for trying to go against Kondo and Torishima's advice. All of Dragonballs problems could've been avoided if he just stopped trying to subvert audience expectations, or forcing gags into serious stories.

probably better than a selfish real woman

But Krillin is still Goku's best friend

Attached: Goku best friend.jpg (540x599, 82K)

GIVE ME NOW

Attached: android 18.png (905x637, 411K)

I’m 90% convinced Toriyama stopped giving a shit after all the shit he had to go through in the cell saga.
I’m 100% convinced Toriyama made Super for more money knowing autists like me would eat it up, and I hate that he’s absolutely right

No thats what saved dragonball. Its problems stem from the times he tries to do pure serious stories, which only appeals to dzbspictards who love the cell saga and gohan

He cared a little about BoG because he was pissed about how shitty the Evolution movie was but everything afterwards was a slightly more competent and fan pandery version of GT.

Just look at EoE. Goku/Toriyama had hopes at the next generation so he could fuck off and do what he wanted but the next generation could never replicated the old guard's success (Shit like Naruto and AoT are for geeks rather than huge international phenomenons like DBZ or Saint Seiya) so Shueisha begged Goku/Toriyama to return

Attached: EoZ.jpg (640x480, 71K)

The creator of dragon ball just didn't give a fuck

Evolution was closer to OG Dragonball in spirit than anything new Toriyama created. What does it say about the creator when a shitty movie remembers that Grandpa Gohan was a positive influence on Goku, and Goku was just a country bumpkin raised to be kind?

The real problem is that Toriyama is at heart a gag manga writer, not a serious fighting manga writer, but idiots wanting serious fighting manga make the most money for him.

Naruto and AoT are definitely more popular than Saint Seiya ever was.

Why not animate Dragonball more like a Gag Manga instead of a serious fighting manga?

Bring in someone who can replicate the colors, sound, and Maeda Era style then.

I'd say after Cell he decided to give his editors the finger and went back to doing what he wanted from the beginning as his final saga. Then after making Buu arc his swan song, he was sick and tired of DB and was done with it aside from doing some designs for GT, until Dragonball Evolution soured him enough to consider undoing the damage it did for years until Toei came to him and he did so with Battle of Gods.
But he really didn't want to go back to it full time like Toei wanted so we get stuff like RoF and especially Super.

toriyama hates DB for becoming a fighting manga. and that was what jump and his editor decided to do. turning gags into serious stories and doing subversion was what turned DB into what it is today
that official drawing of his of SSB Goku compared to the art in Dragon Quest XI already tells he does DB for the money. Unironically I think he really likes FighterZ. even wrote a small letter to be read at EVO
He did put more past toriyama to work when doing the designs of the other universes. ribrianne, jiren's crew, hakai gods. hit and the edgy furries came straight out of old DB

Because people want a super serious fighting story.

>Why not animate Dragonball more like a Gag Manga instead of a serious fighting manga?
Did I not just say that idiots wanting serious fighting make them more money?

Saint Seiya wishes it was as big as Naruto or AoT worldwide
Even in the countries that Saint Seiya used to be loved. it is turned into a joke where only old people like. and you can put 100% of the blame on kurumada for that. the retard is killing his only good series

He is still one of the best fight scene artists that have ever existed.

You can literally trick those idiots by getting Nahu Ooishi to draw Dragonball manga.

Be that as it may, he's still better suited to gag manga than serious fighting manga.

Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, Frieza, the Ginyu Force, Majin Buu, Broly, Pride Troopers are pretty suited for gags.

Is this the Toriyama picture you’re talking about? Because holy fuck is this some of the most mediocre, bland, soulless character designs I’ve ever seen.

Attached: 584EB071-BE1D-426E-8467-79EE1E44492B.jpg (1151x1485, 472K)

the UI goku is the best one
kek

Attached: DWXHLnvVQAAuNPS.jpg large.jpg (902x1120, 331K)