ITT:

Western Cartoon References in Anime/Manga.

Attached: JoJo.png (500x280, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noyknkXVzeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine if anime and wester cartoon shared boards. Everyday having to deal with boards about how “the west does better than the japanese” and viceversa, like it happens in Yea Forums

Attached: 4CFDE63D-F501-4971-B52F-2408BB371A88.png (616x608, 775K)

Maybe it'll happen in the future via April Fools.

Attached: 1559058695445.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

> Yea Forums vs Yea Forums
I want to die

Attached: 12f.jpg (554x258, 37K)

This is the only one I can remember.
There's probably one or two in SZS or Joshiraku though.

Attached: flcl southpark.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

>/aco2/

Attached: f3341987976.gif (979x568, 25K)

Here's a Superman reference from Dragon Ball.

Attached: Sourman02.png (640x480, 313K)

To be fair, the western comics usually peak at the indie part

>yeah but indie comics
even Weekly Shonen Jump does a great variety of decent stories

It's a character from Dr.Slump you dumdum

It actually happens in Yea Forums. There is relatively common threads about why anime/manga is walking over Western stuff in the last years

What's the anime version of Tom & Jerry?

Name one that isn't shonen

What about Western references in general?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Wake Up, Girls! - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.06.png (1280x720, 1.52M)

Girls und Panzer literally reenacted the Spam skit from Monty Python.

However, Monty Python is no cartoon.

South Park's had plenty of references in anime. Negima, FLCL, Panty and Stocking, Yuri on Ice etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=noyknkXVzeg

Attached: 1458910666151.jpg (1280x720, 465K)

wtf Yamakan

It would be terrible.
There are too many leftist faggots on Yea Forums and sharing a board with them would not be pleasing at all.

Yet those threads are taken off Yea Forums and stay on Yea Forums with over 300 posts. Whats with the mods sometimes man.

Funny how it works too, sometimes. Meanwhile, Yea Forums would jerk off to some pretentious manga like Goodnight Puunpun while complaining about capeshit

For those who do not know America had a vibrant comic culture that was not all capeshit. Horror,Romance,War, crime comics were all the rage and like Japan everyone was reading them by everyone I mean children and adults. However, soon some ass hats wanted to censor comics since some of them were to violent or too extreme for children. Here comes the "comics code authority" pretty much crippled the entire industry but certain publishers ended up thriving *COUGH DC/MARVEL COUGH*. The comics code is basically finished but this shit goes back to the 70s and it fucked everything.

I sometimes wonder if America would have gotten a comic culture that rivals the manga one in Japan but alas im just a idiot who thinks of that.

In the manga Joseph reads a superman comic book but in the anime he reads one of Araki's old manga series baoh

Attached: W1niM86.png (883x580, 604K)

bump

Almost as bad fucking /pol/fags bringing their politics to a board for chinese cartoons.

Wow that kinda sucks

>indie comics
A show pitch, gays, or some gay teenage shit that's gayer than edgy anime teens.

It's actually more due to Diamond Distribution. They have a monopoly and no one really has done anything. Also the art scene in the US is cancerous.

is that a fucking parody of dobson?

Attached: anime_skyrim.jpg (1024x576, 75K)

blacksad isn’t gay

i can’t deny that

Indie comics range from extremely gay shit to nearly-novel tier, which means they are both far worse and far better than any capeshit/manga. It's annoying.
Yea Forums is cucked.

Are web cartoons pertinent to this discourse?

Attached: ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png (1275x675, 770K)

Didn’t Cromatie(sp?) have a Freddie Mercury lookalike character?

>retarded naive good protagonist with powers nobody else has
>his angsty childhood rival who looks like he'll go evil for five minutes but doesn't
Tell me what fucking WSJ manga I'm thinking of.

Diamond a shit but it didn't come about until the 90s or so, and it was basically Marvel's fault because iirc they got an exclusive deal with one distributor, leading Diamond to snag DC. Marvel went bankrupt, and Diamond picked up distribution rights on the cheap. Literally nobody could afford to sell comics without riding on Marvel or DC money so small distributors went under. Now they just sue anyone who tries.

>name a non-shonen manga in shonen jump
What kind of retarded request is that?

Attached: IMG_0918.png (1366x768, 913K)

based sneed poster

Attached: 1566086657330.gif (979x568, 26K)

Interesting.....

(Cape) comics are dead because of the Comics Code Authority in the 50's. Nothing changed because stagnation was codified.

It almost sounds like a koan.

Maybe. If it's western made, of course.

But they do user its called Yea Forums

and Fyeed

Seto no Hanayome had more than I could count, but Luna's dad was usually utilized for Schwarzenegger movies references.

Attached: Seto no Hanayome Total Recall.png (1280x720, 855K)

kek

This was on screen for like one second in Arakawa Under The Bridge.

In the manga the year that plane crash happened Superman hadn't been created, so it was a reasonable change.

Attached: CJwQeYw.jpg (1280x720, 158K)