ITT: if you do any of these you should reconsider your life choices

>he decides what anime to watch based on mal rating
>he makes up his mind on anime based on "what Yea Forums would think"
>he speedwatches, skips around and degrades his experience just so he could stay in the loop about all new anime
>he watches trash just to have something to talk about
>he watches based on whats popular and not based on what looks good
>he isn't willing to watch anything old or less known
>he hasn't been enjoying anime for years but he's at it because he needs somewhere to escape
>he invents conspiracy theories on how anno and miyazaki are impirialists and hate the fans just so he could dismiss their work to give the trash he watches more value.

Attached: 0d3fefb49e4fb9a17f3a374c9c30020112ea93cfacedb075a00a4d3e09d90c7b.jpg (352x352, 30K)

>he posts little smug girls

>>he watches trash just to have something to talk about
Screw you, those PsychoPass threads were epic though "watching shit with Yea Forums is bag-of-moldy-dicks-tier, it's OK when I do it

Based
as long as you had fun I don't see a problem
probably where I'd say it's something harmful is if you watch something you really don't like just so you could saltily tell people it was junk

As a hunterCHAD we are top dawgs here in Yea Forums.

>he watches adaptions before looking at the source
It's bad enough to watch adaptions in the first place. Don't be a degenerate and read the manga, LN or VN first - odds are you won't even need to watch the anime then, unless you enjoyed it so much you can't get enough.

>/>192076740
There was nothing you gained with that post

>see someone talk about anime on Yea Forums
>"wow that looks cool"
>google it
>6/10 on MAL
No thanks.

MAL only rates popular anime highly.

Define popular. How many members must something have over there to be considered popular?

If it became popular then chances are that it's actually good.

Attached: 1477280765530.jpg (640x640, 108K)

Except that not what we see at all. Their top 100 is littered with seasonal shounen that people like me end up dropping 3 or 5 episodes in.

Comparing the top 100 for the 3 main regions (west, china, japan) makes me wanna puke at how disgustingly bad the west is.

There are people who do these things? Wow, they should kill themselves.

>he makes threads about reconsidering life choices due to watching habits

> watching anime

>he thinks he's superior for belittling people's choices on an anonymous imageboard
>he uses pictures of smug anime girls to give his poor argument some sort of creed

>he hasn't been enjoying anime for years but he's at it because he needs somewhere to escape
My tastes have refined and I've only watched one, or two shows per season for probably near a decade now. I don't think the stuff I watch is trash. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching it
I do need the escape though. The real world is such a mess It's hard to look at for any length of time.

Attached: [GarbageSubs] Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 14 OVA [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.21_[2017.09.28_11.43. (1280x720, 257K)

I watch trash not for something to talk about but to hopefully expand my tastes and someday I'll be surprised that I actually enjoy these certain shows.

Attached: 1538749817515.png (300x564, 256K)

>he makes a bunch of new MAL accounts to bomb the score of something he hates
These people exist by the way.

Attached: 1515859418755.png (640x480, 627K)

The voice acting in manga and light novels is usually superior, but some scenes are best seen in motion on the screen.

Sometimes they also get a bunch of bots to upvote either bad or good reviews of certain shows, I don't know why some people care that much

My system is I'll add a show to my list of things to see if its score ranking is much higher than its popularity ranking. I don't know exactly why but that seems to have steered me right more often than not.

Attached: 21501828_p0.png (405x333, 16K)

FPBP

>still talking about MAL in current year
move on

BUT THIS ANIME I DON'T LIKE HAS A HIGH SCORE THERE
IT CAN'T BE

If it doesn't apply to you why did you pick it out? unless you stopped enjoying anime for years now in which case why are you still watching?
There's enough anime today to watch for literal years and that's not accounting for sleep or eating. If something has bad art and really bad writing forcing yourself to watch it seems like a waste.
you can expend your horizons by watching good shows off of a genre or creator that you don't usually pick out.
I want to say no way, but I feel like that's real.

I usually pick shows up just based on synopsis+single promo poster
Occasionally I'll see a clip on /wsg/ or wherever and decide to check it out.

That's another good reason to take MAL ratings with a grain of salt the size of Texas.

I used to find new shows to watch just by seeing people discuss things on this board. If it looked interesting I'd watch it.
Now I can't do that anymore because shounenshit makes up 80% of this board with the rest being seasonal "hype" crap (perfect example: FranXX)

Attached: 1565669058117.jpg (1170x1200, 140K)

Because the needing somewhere to escape bit is 100% true.

>he watches anime unironically

Attached: 1554526140882.png (237x330, 43K)