Everybody talks about how O MY RUBBER NEN is the biggest asspull in manga history but isn't this the literal definition...

Everybody talks about how O MY RUBBER NEN is the biggest asspull in manga history but isn't this the literal definition of asspull?
>no foreshadow
>literally out of no where
>plot convinient
>retconnected
How can DBSfag defend this?

Attached: Ultra_Instinct_Goku.png (1280x1115, 1.73M)

DB is an amount of asspulls

It's just Musou Tensei but gayer.

No one takes Dragon ball seriously.
HxH fags parade themselves as the mature and deep shonen while having ridiculous asspulls.

Nobody cares so much about asspulls outside of this pseudo-intellectual site

Everyone knew this shit was going to happen once red and blue hair forms came along then Goku Rose

He'll probably achieve another form later, that's just how DBS is.

Isn't that basically every Goku powerup after Kaioken?

it is, a new transformation is so expected in Dragon Ball that you can't even say this is a asspull anymore

There must be something wrong with you if you take DBS with any degree of seriousness.
Are you really putting HxH and this on the same level? Man that's low.

HxH can't sell record breaking movies true. It doesn't deserve to stand anywhere near Chadball Super.

Stop watching Toei's filler.

Attached: toei vs toyo writing.png (4328x1988, 2.73M)

The manga foreshadowed it multiple times.

Quality > Quantity

Those aren't even the real issues. It's just a magical powerup and I'm surprised to see so few people complaining about it. You know, Goku's a saiyan? The Super Saiyan, that thingy we've been watching since 2 decades ago and how he used to find new ways to power it?

Well.. tell me what the fuck is Ultra Instinct supposed to be. Even Gohan's ultimate form got explained as
>The Old Kai merely drew out Gohan's hidden potential, he can become Super Saiyan but it's useless since he's already at his max output

Goku becomes for Ultra Instinct needs to get almost killed and run out of energy and then he's at base form with the ability to dodge everything AND HE ALSO BECOMES STRONG ENOUGH TO TANGO WITH JIREN, SOMETHING HE COULDN'T DO AT HIS BEST.
And then he goes White Haired form and.. what's that? A new Super Saiyan form? Super Saiyan Blanco? No, we don't know what it is. But in addition to dodging now he's able to fucking beat Jiren into submission and overpower him for a while.
So the Super Saiyan forms we've seen the past decade are useless? He should have been practicing Ultra Instinct all this time? Can anyone else do it? Roshi and Beerus hint at
>Yes, everyone can transform with Ultra Instinct it's just a really hard technique to get
as both of them are still in the "dodging" phase of it, but Goku actually gets a power boost when he goes white-haired.

In any case, trying to rationalize it gives me a headache. Goku just becomes stupidly strong and glows like an angel. He changed race or something.

>How can DBSfag defend this?
Willingly, either through sophistry or saying it is good so it is fine

DB is the base of all shonen asspulls.

DUDE SACRED WATER
DUDE PUBERTY
DUDE OLD GUY WHO CAN TRAIN ME IN AFTERLIFE
DUDE ZENKAI
DUDE SS
DUDE SS2
DUDE FUSION
DUDE SSG
DUDE SSB
DUDE ZENO
DUDE ULTRA INSTINCT
DUDE YARDRATS

Seriously it's like Stands coming out of nowhere and phasing Hamon out of the Jojo manga. Ultra Instinct has no reason to exist as a transformation, it should have been a technique you use coupled with the Super Saiyan forms. It makes everything else useless.

Hopefully Toriyama never mentions it again.

You miss the point.

HxH had something to lose, so its awful that the author made an asspull.
Dragon Ball is nothing but garbage and asspulls, pulling a new one doesn't make a difference when the content was already so bad it can't degrade the work any lower.

are you really expecting explanation from a series that pretty clearly only got made because it gives Akira money? also everything in DB is half assed and just happens

Attached: 1538421721068.png (838x7623, 325K)

nobody cares about asspulls period

>>no foreshadow
there's been foreshadowing in super itself with whis, and if you want to take it further even popo was telling goku to fight with a clear mind all the way back in og dragon ball
>>literally out of no where
same point as the last, don't know why you though "foreshadowing" and "out of nowhere" were different points
>>plot convinient
? UI was half the plot itself in the ToP. Goku faced Jiren earlier on, got a glimpse of UI and spent the rest of the tournament trying to get it to work properly, succeeding on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Did you not watch the show and are just posting this over some petty salt?
>>retconnected
???

It's an adventure manga, new elements being introduced is to be expected, most of what this user posted is alright, the problem with Ultra Instinct is that it's totally soulless anad lacking any kind of attempt at a justification. Out of context, it's virtually not different to Goku going Super Saiyan, but in context, the first Super Saiyan had a hype that this boring, yet another transformation that only Goku can achieve, can't possibly get, and the writers didn't even make an effort to sell it.

Roshi pretty much did it in the manga as well it's retarded

UI is even worse. Those are all standard fare for a martial arts manga. Just a dude getting stronger and training, drinking water, finding new masters, whatever. And most importantly, they were multipliers in Z. Stuff you can measure.
Kaioken? Specifically multiplies your strenght by how much you use it. Super Saiyan forms? They experiment a lot with it in the android/cell sagas depending on how they power it up and how much time they spent in the Time Chamber.
The fusions are a technique but the fused fighter still uses those Super Saiyan forms we know and Ultimate Gohan was using an hypothetical Super Saiyan 3 form while having black hair, it was just his hidden max power.
Ultra Instinct is just a magical transformation that could be in Sailor Moon or some other anime that out of nowhere puts you in the highest tier and disregards all previous stuff, you can't really measure Ultra Instinct at all

And the most retarded thing is that it was always about dodging, like Roshi and Beerus used it. Goku punching and blasting Jiren's shit in was added at the last second.

>and the writers didn't even make an effort to sell it.

they don't need to, it's Dragon Ball, fans just eat it up, don't you see how popular this transformation actually is?

It even has the same blue aura vs red aura finale like Ken vs Raoh.

youre choosing to be upset about this. youre samefagging a lot but many people in this thread already answered you.

the anime is non canon garbage you can dismiss. in the manga it is foreshadowed and goku went into the tournament hoping to unlock this ability and in the manga its not a power boost. its specifically said to let you dodge perfectly and strike CRITICAL areas. its defensive and requires a calm mind, not the angry screaming goku of the anime.

its a shit ability that maybe others could use but in the manga its not the end all be all. just lets you not get destroyed in battle, until someone fast enough shows up

>DUDE SS
>DUDE SS2
Shitload of foreshadowing.
>DUDE SSG
3/4 of the movie is literally nothing but literal foreshadowing leading up to it, even longer in the anime.
>DUDE ULTRA INSTINCT
Had plenty of foreshadowing in the manga, blame Toei.

It's better explained in the manga but still a retarded asspull

>Shitload of foreshadowing.
And that doesnt make it an asspull how?

Asspull is something that has no foreshadowing you literal fucking c󠛡u󠛡m󠛡b󠛡r󠛡a󠛡i󠛡n

Its a tradition of DBS that Goku always trancends himself every season. Soon he will be fighting the creator of the multiverse or some shit.

Dragon Ball is already garbage and has been for a while, you already know an asspull is coming so why act surprised when it does?

No its a ridiculous plot device like Retardku using angel techniques.

Wanna know how I know you're an amerimutt?

Hunterfags are just that desperate

"Esto es el fin" will never stop being funny to me.

Excuse me, I'M America and I think user is being retarded too.
Because Asspulls don't have any foreshadowing. Like Demon Yusuke.

>i-it's not filler because they added details later on
So i guess if any Mangaka just adds things later on asspulls are totally fine.

>It's a fiction world where we aren't even given concrete understanding of Nen
>"bro, RUBBER NEN LOL MULTIPLE ASSPULLS"
>"LITERALLY PARADING"
>Everything except Chimaera Ant and York New was boring as fuck/almost sleep inducing. >manga has cunt hair of source material from 2014 onward after anime.

It's almost like you make up these scenarios that don't exist in your head. HxH had 2 at most really good arcs, and the rest normal shonen shit with no surprise, nothing equating to King Crimson levels of "fuck that retarded shit". ??? you that dumb?

DBZ is already known for asspull powerups. DBS doing it isn't surprising.

Yeah, but it's pretty obvious that they're not putting effort whatsoever, which makes it come out as even shittier. Like when you see a bad movie based on some popular trend, and you just know it will be shit from watching the trailer.

the worst part is that Jiren could have thrown him out of the ring when he beat him the first time, instead of just going back to meditate

so i can see the people bothered by this dont care for a real answer and just want an excuse to bitch about dragon ball, since all the answers are being ignored.

cool

Non Canon fucking Dragon Ball Heroes explains it better than the whole canon Super manga and anime

Go train with El Grande Padre for a while and master a new form

At least Chadball Super isn't gay.

Attached: 12321231314.gif (500x346, 887K)

>>no foreshadow
>>literally out of no where
It has been hinted at since Battle of Gods

>DUDE SS
Uhh it's not like Frieza's men and Vegeta were talking about it the whole fucking saga.

The manga foreshadowed UI before it happened in the anime you braindamaged retard. The only reason Toeibabies knew what the fuck UI was supposed to be was because mangachads explained it to them. Retarded Toei shitlicker.

All DB from DBZ forward is trash like HxH

Dragon Ball is like anime wrestling, nobody takes it seriously like it's some form of higher literature, nor does it pretend like it is, it's just a fun series.

Attached: 1555731889270.png (600x800, 602K)

People expect a certain level of quality when reading HxH. That is not the case for DBS. It's as simple as that. You read HxH for the story, world building and characters. You watch DBS because you want to see shit get destroyed by laser beams.