Is Tsubasa an anime/cultural icon

Is Tsubasa an anime/cultural icon

Attached: Tsubasa_ep42_(2018)_0.jpg (800x480, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNuqKVG781I
youtube.com/watch?v=B2-rOkodSYg
youtube.com/watch?v=6Gz2n55MNlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

Pretty much inspired a whole generation to become football players, probably more than real football superstars

But why though, the show sucks

when you are young you don't care about quality as long as it has something you like

Only in Arab/Latino shitholes

Because kids watched it? Without it 100% japanese kids would pick baseball because muh koshien

i think all old sports anime are a cultural icon who doesn't know slam dunk, Speed Racer, Shoot!, Tiger Mask

>Huge Tsubasa banner at the 2018 WC to cheer for Japan
>Tsubasa part of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic announcement during the 2016 closing ceremony
youtube.com/watch?v=FNuqKVG781I (0:31)
>Several japanese pro players admitting they dreamed of becoming pros because of tsubasa
You tell me user.

Attached: 0344822205a546cc9b09ad32d9c48274.jpg (2048x1312, 437K)

>ignoring Attack no.1, Ace wo nerae!, Ashita No Joe and Kyojin no Hoshi

Only in soccer countries.

sorry sorry i mentioned only the ones who were popular because of popular sports like football basketball wrestling and so on

Ashita no Joe and Aim for the Ace! yeah this one too
don't know much about Attack No. 1

Crazy that anime made japs go into sports.

Attached: captain football.webm (864x488, 2.97M)

Extremely popular in Italy

it's not about the shows being "good", but popular, especially with children

as I recall, 3 sports anime made tens of thousands of children in Japan start playing those sports that were "unknown" by most people

Captain Tsubasa - football
Slam Dunk - basketball
Eyeshield 21 - american football

baseball? it was always famous enough, it never needed a "push" for the kids to play

Captain Tsubasa, as a series, easily is one, of if not, the most influential sports manga to be ever made in a sports landscape context. It somehow made soccer, an obscure sport in Japan played by very few at the time, become a sport would break the monopoly that baseball had on Japan. The success of Captain Tsubasa in Japan lead to soccer being the most played sport for kids in the 80's in Japan and even resulted in a professional league, the J-league, being introduced in the early 90's, only one decade after the sport was introduced to mainstream audience. As a national team, the team is literally filled with players who mimic Tsubasa's skills like his dribbling ability and his general technical abillty on the ball hence why all the most famous players to come out of Japan like Shinji Kagawa, Hidetoshi Nakata Shunsuke Nakamura play the position they play or have such abilities as they want to mimic Tsubasa. Japan even has become the powerhouse of Asia who only South Korea can rival nowadays and even on the world stage, they only got out of the world Cup by a last second goal to one of the favourites of the tornament, Belgium, after giving them a run for their money by being ahead 2-0 by 70th minute. The national team would be considered as the most followed team Japan has with their matches being sold out everytime at home with Captain Tsubasa's fingerprint on that would be the banner that they put up when they play as the one seen in the post above.
tl;dr Captain Tsubasa made soccer in Japan from an obscure activity into a sport just below baseball in popularity, breaking baseball's monopoply.

>As a national team, the team is literally filled with players who mimic Tsubasa's skills
>Someone out there in japan is mimicking Jun Misugi heart attack

Jokes aside: youtube.com/watch?v=B2-rOkodSYg

>be me
>good goalkeeper
>other kids nicknamed me Benji
>tfw my a fat neet now
yeah i think it was a cultural icon

Attached: 1545880534813.jpg (882x960, 76K)

Too soon

Attached: 8F39DF58-8222-49D7-8D01-1797EB9D748D.jpg (640x479, 59K)

>Not reproducing youtube.com/watch?v=6Gz2n55MNlQ
Japan are you even trying?

The 80's anime is still the best. Out of this world anime.

they already have a countermeasure, just wait for them over the goalposts

Attached: Counter.png (958x719, 1.15M)

or "Pile Driver" the opposing player

Attached: Pile Driver.png (954x717, 343K)

It's insanely ingrained in Japan's pop culture and still popular too. Not necessarily popular as in a majority of kids would still love it or have watched it, but it's still beloved and visible.
Also basically every single strong football player in Japan's team used to say he started playing because of it.

it must be cool to be rich and wear your weeb wardrobe unironically

Attached: barcelona-andres-iniesta-es-fanatico-de-los-86630-jpg_976x0.jpg (600x420, 52K)