If your favorite shounen is not on this list, you have shit taste

If your favorite shounen is not on this list, you have shit taste.

Attached: 1566050820415.jpg (1100x824, 954K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs&t=69s
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=3_1&q=hunter x hunter digital
nyaa.si/view/1105686
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-120-page-1.html
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-121-page-1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1X3ua68IAUk
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-123-page-1.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ltRBEu0IU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>HunterXhunter
>Calling peoples tastes shit
Almost had me user

Attached: 53dk8sy4bsey.png (512x512, 92K)

>reddit filename
>Chaika
>singles out the literal best manga on that list

2/10 bait.

Attached: sw-chart-390.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

>HxH
>Rokudenashi Blues
>Ashita no Joe
>Aku no Hana
All in my top 10, good taste OP

utterly based
fuck off, back to /r/eddit with this dead meme.
HxH has cemented itself as a masterpiece a long time ago, acting like a contrarian moron for the sake of being contrarian, is just retarded

Attached: unfiltered kino.jpg (2801x3504, 1.79M)

Attached: e95ef202ac5c257fa6b70e48a8937d70 (1).jpg (793x732, 87K)

>STOP POSTING DEAD MEMES ON MY Yea Forums user
>HXH IS A MASTER PIECE FUCK YOU /R/ANIME

can i add Dragon Ball and Wingman?

Attached: Wingman.jpg (727x1000, 131K)

HunterxHunter is trash. I will never understand why Togashi fanboys have to pretend it is any better than it actually is. Must be sunk cost fallacy of spending 20 years on trash.

Autists like you guys make me wish I didn't like HxH

>patrician
>shounen
Pick only one.

>HxH
>Phoenix
>Flowers of Evil
based op

Phoenix and yuyu are crap and hokuto no ken is gay mediocrity

Ashita no Joe is one of the greatest manga of all time you absolute swine

Attached: x47.png (746x1200, 373K)

>Wingman
yes
>Dragon Ball
no, unless you're a spic who likes buga buga me punchy punchy really hard. if you're only talking about the comfy original DB, then I'd be fine with that

Holy based!

>Old good
>New bad

Grow up

big HxH guy but that picture is terrible

name one shounen that has come out in the last 5 years that deserves to be with those in OP's pic.

I bet you think SnK, Berserk and JoJo are on par with it too

Cope

Attached: rexdef.png (1004x190, 367K)

you have to admit it's funny when hunter x hunter is the only name pointed out in every single one of these threads. it's never another actually bad choice, it's never the obvious little kids media like my heroes, pirates or titans, but ALWAYS without question hunter x hunter
brainlets can't see the irony in all this

no i'm a frog and i love DB until the end of Namek arc
did you ever see a spic who knows Wingman?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

Dr Stone

Name a single chapter of ANY manga out there that can even begin to compare to pic related in terms of narrative structure and its ingenuity to deconstruct the medium

Attached: feels.jpg (1067x4669, 1.13M)

you're joking, right? how old are you and be honest

not him but all of those are unironically better than HxH, it's a good manga, but holy fuck do you fags overhype the shit out of it, and the pic he's talking about is cringy as fuck

No matter what anyone says, you'll find a way to pick a hole in it, so what's the point

kek

Attached: smartdoneright.jpg (2005x1243, 1.41M)

Attached: 33d.png (486x767, 762K)

fuck no
then why even reply if you think that
came out in 2009 but still maybe leaning on yes, but I do think One Punch Man has started to decline recently.

g a r b a g e

based redditchad and stone pilled
cringe Yea Forumsustist virgin and hunterfag pilled

Attached: 1565251157787.jpg (586x804, 95K)

Ten times better than before, OP. See how beautiful it is when you remove unnecessary thrash that are there just to please the majorities? I'll be saving this one for when friends ask me for suggestions to get into manga

Attached: reuniclus__family_by_elenwae-d87jonb.jpg (1024x946, 118K)

I know it's just bait but Light makes mistakes

Attached: 1452302492435.jpg (190x380, 35K)

>Ten times better than before, OP
what are you even talking about, schizo?

Using buzzwords doesn't make you know about what you're talking about. Subverting narrative conventions is not "deconstruction", nor is having a loose set of circumstances an unique "narrative structure"
Read actual books. Start with Kawabata.

>martial arts
Please, just fucking stop. Togashi is fucking terrible at drawing anything resembling martial arts, despite being competent enough as a panelist. This is without mentioning how pretty much every single character that supposedly knows how to fight has exactly the same fighting style and throws exactly the same punches and kicks, because that's all Togashi knows how to draw. This has been a problem with his approach to fight scenes ever since YuYu fucking Hakusho.

the irony of your current existence and that post, overhyping actual trash over a good manga just because the fanbase touched you in places and made you uncomfortable.

pretentious shonenfag

Attached: 4b7f8f8d1202799be33b9a8e7b8aef9d_28085_thumbnail.jpg (300x450, 18K)

if you don't know then don't get involved you turbo virgin lowlife retard
>waaa using virgin as insult here in Yea Forumsbortion
shut the fuck up you loser manchild

>Togashi is fucking terrible at drawing anything resembling martial arts
You don't know what you're talking about, kid. No mangaka alive is on Togashi's level when it comes to kino paneling, composition AND fight choreography. Let me demonstrate it with this example:

The first page shows Biscuit facing off against Binolt, a bounty hunter and serial killer. The audience to the fight, Gon & Killua, have no idea how powerful Biscuit is, and neither does the reader.
Togashi starts the page with Biscuit lifting Binolt up without effort; Biscuit’s body has almost no speed lines, emphasizing the ease with which she can lift a full grown man. Instead, all of the speed lines are focused in on Binolt’s body as it rises; he’s completely powerless to even move. The second panel emphasizes the same qualities: once again, Biscuit’s body barely moves, while Binolt’s spins at incredible speed. The final panel on the page boils the fight down to its pure essence: Biscuit, almost completely stationary while Binolt is sent exactly where she wants him.

>And then there’s the page turn

Forcing the reader to hold their expectation is one of the oldest tricks in comics, and Togashi knows it’s an evergreen technique. However, he also contrasts this new page with the former. There are speed lines everywhere, more impact lines, heavier crosshatching, and mild exaggeration in the features. The previous page is time boiled down to a few moments, milliseconds even. This page is time speeding up. Biscuit hits Binolt so hard he vomits a frankly improbable amount of blood before he even hits the ground. It’s the next three seconds of the fight boiled down to a single, action-packed panel. The middle-bottom panel is Gon and Killua, barely visible and stunned. And then Biscuit ends the page by clarifying that she wasn’t using her full strength.

In two pages, Togashi’s made a girl in a puffy umbrella skirt cooler than your favorite character, using advanced paneling and composition.

Attached: flawless choreo.jpg (666x2000, 525K)

>dissing Astro Boy, Ashita no Joe, Slam Dunk and Rokudenanshi Blues
You're a tasteless faggot.

user, panelling and composition have nothing to do with togashis ability to convey realistic martial arts. The pasta doesnt even work as a counter argument.

Attached: file.png (406x389, 140K)

Are you even capable of communicating without using buzzwords?

Nice non-arguments fellas, see you in the next thread seething as always

Attached: DbzBjzhU8AASsYi.jpg (640x622, 59K)

I'm not overhyping anything, I legitimately think they're all-around better manga, I could give you reasons, but it would fall on deaf ears. I still like HxH, and it having a godawful fanbase won't change that, but there's no point talking to someone who's convinced his favorite manga is the holy grail of media that nothing can come close to.

Oh my god I've seen overanalyzing before but nothing remotely similar to this.
Is this your average fagxfag?

literally have never heard of this manga so I can't say. If I was judging by the summary, I wouldn't have high hopes.
it's a copy pasta

Anti-HxH posters are incapable of formulating an argument, all they ever do is screech at the opposition like a group of chimps. How pitifully low IQ.

Attached: 4th_Chad.png (250x249, 19K)

Read actual books.
Start with Kawabata.

HxH has a power system that allows you to blow up buildings. Hand-to-hand combat is useless in this universe

Torikochads rise up

Attached: 0131-007.jpg (1066x1600, 383K)

Tohashi's idea of a smart character is being a verbal diarrhea machine that needlessly explains every single train of thought he/she has, but rarely actually do anything smart. If you want to read what actually smart characters sound like in manga, read pretty much anything by Fukumoto Nobuyuki.

the slow release made me quit so maybe
but i think Kekkaishi was better

>Read actual books.
Who do you think you're talking to?

Attached: 1528280459220.jpg (1975x2229, 1.36M)

I recently finished a read through of Erasmus's "In Praise of Folly", which was heavily recommended to me by my fellow Hunterchads. I especially enjoyed the satirical, but deliberate and intelligent critique on the mindless cycle of repeating traditions in 16th century Europe, and found it especially applicable for the modern era.

I remember the section of the work where Folly marches all about, praising herself over and over, declaring that life would simply be dull and empty without her, despite her honest pointlessness. This reminded me heavily of the wayward anti-HxH shitposters who continue to, day after day, endlessly spam their awful non-arguments, despite it being clear to the rest of us that these posts contain no substance or integrity, simply repeating themselves out of mindless asshurt.

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

Thanks for conceding. Plebs who have only read 5 manga like you shitpost because you are unfamiliar with advanced paneling.

Now, let me dissect, both the art and storytelling of this very panel from chapter 352 page 19, to demonstrate why Togashi is seen as one of the best artists in the industry.

>A. The general clutter of the panel and floaty-ness of the character art shows how chaotic the setpiece is, and how Hisoka's mind is narrowing down to focus solely on Chrollo's devious tactics. As if time was slowing down for this train-of-thought.
>B. The white space behind Hisoka's head is used to show how empty of other subjects besides this battle his mind is. Narrowing down to the basics of the fight.
>C. We are then brought back to Hisoka's face, which expresses a mixture of smug surprise, and devilish determination. And swirling in front of him and as well as (seemingly) to his side is a menacing smog. Which has typically been used to communicate blood-lust in this manga.

There is much more into the art of comics than having detailed realistic figures, you newfag retards know nothing about paneling and composition. Suck Osamu Tezuka's rotten, worm-dwelled, dead dick.

Attached: 1546998455145.jpg (1067x943, 355K)

OP you forgot these

Attached: 1566053609975.jpg (1536x1536, 598K)

Based Yea Forumspilled Hunterchads.

Attached: TogashiGOD.jpg (2484x1204, 698K)

You do know this pasta doesn't actually address what I said, right?

A pretentious faggot, clearly.
So you read trash because it's old and overrate it because you're uncultured. Imagine lacking so much culture you get lit recs from shounen shitters.

Both of you, read actual books. Infographics namedropping entry level universal lit are not books.

>If you pick 2 random days of the year to come to Yea Forums, and by that I mean really, completely at random like, June 15th and November 2nd, the catalog will STILL be clogged with HxH dedicated hate threads
I'm sorry but if you're completely oblivious that you don't find stuff like this funny, you're part of the joke lmao

Attached: 1505102302094.png (380x549, 165K)

Pop needs more love

Attached: medroa_by_bk_81.jpg (900x675, 118K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1829x177, 77K)

I'm now convinced that none of the people in this thread actually like HxH

>more ad-hom screeching with no argument
>outs himself as a pleb who never read Erasmus

Yawn. Hunterchads win again.

Attached: 1498695785760.png (400x400, 166K)

What makes Hunter x Hunter great is that you don’t need to be a Master in martial arts It all about strategy but it also plays a big role

Attached: 500 IQ chess game vs 10 IQ SMASH punchy punchy.jpg (1660x1331, 573K)

What is this Zack Snyder tier shit lmao such gratuitous parallels. Is this deep for hiatusfags? You earn parallels with works of art through dramatic structure, not just doing it.
How utterly plebeian, but then again I'm talking to shounen shitters.

easy

Attached: 32146712._SX318_.jpg (318x468, 27K)

Based and Erasmuspilled Hunterchad.

Attached: 1538341737357.jpg (320x320, 9K)

Learn of intertextuality, brainlet. Perhaps if you spent less time shitposting and more reading you would know of the literary concepts required to fully understand HxH.

Attached: Coronation of the Virgin - HxH.jpg (1693x1105, 658K)

>smash
>SMASH!
>SMAAASH!
i'm fucking dying rofl
bear in mind adults are the (non-intended) audience

>You earn parallels with works of art through dramatic structure
Thats what HxH does

Attached: 1546550560401.jpg (1628x496, 281K)

They'd get laughed out of Yea Forums. Doing a planete sauvage ripoff with every "smart character" being an exposition machine is not good literature.

Sure, i agree but if youre gonna respond to a post saying that togashi is shit at depicting martial arts with a pasta about panelling and composition idk what youre on about (well, except shitposting of course)

The choices are good but the definition of shonen changes so much over the years that it's hard to put them all in one category.
I wouldn't put joe, ken, and cityhunter as shonen. Those go in manime

How gratuituous and shallow. Pathetic even. Is this sophomoric referencing high art for you?

I just searched through my folders to find the pasta the most suited for that kind of post, my goal is to shitpost and make anons seethe.

>patrician
>shonen
Pick one, teen.

Is this the Overrated shit thread?

Attached: 1524383939135.jpg (640x480, 41K)

That's cool and all, brainlet, but Togashi's meme "system" includes a whole category of people who fight by enhancing their physical abilities, not to mention a whole damn bunch of said superpowered fags in his manga that according to you have no need for martial arts, still default to martial arts when they encounter and fight another superpowered freak (including for example Meruem and Netero but also people whor aren't primarily enhancers like Chrollo Hisoka, Killua, Pitou etc), and guess what? Not only are their fighting styles utterly monotonous, but also completely suck as martial artists. Besides not appearing particularly skilled, they also lack any kind of personality to their fighting styles if you exclude the pretty lights.

NGE was published in a shonen magazine for the most part and is seen as a classic, you don't have any argument "teen"

>tfw got interested in renaissance art thanks to a work of manga
to think some other unfortunate men end up a vegetative form of life driven by their urges to cum and masturbate due to the same type of media

what the fuck am i looking at

>he needed a fucking action shonen to grow an interest on rennaissance paintings
There's only one vegetative form of life here and it isn't the people you talk about.

Read the text while simultaneously viewing the picture in another tab. Holy shit do i have to spoonfeed HxHhaters everytime or what?

Seethe, brainlet.

Attached: MeruemTheHolySpirit.jpg (2429x1109, 658K)

What about InuYasha?

better than pretending that I do to own somebody in an anonymous argument
don't you have a thin waist big breasted figurine you need to cum into?

>missing the point this hard
so this is the famed "hunterchad high IQ" at work huh?

>no slam dunk
>only two sport shonen on the list
>no yotsuba

Attached: 1565846235100.jpg (355x530, 71K)

Sophomoric and gratuituous. Read a book.
I don't pretend that I do. If you needed a shonen to grow an interest in paintings you are a pleb, plain and simple.

When will you admit defeat already, HxHhater-kun?

Attached: sasuga togashi.jpg (4500x2856, 3.13M)

user it's not rennaissance... I know you just want to double on every connssonnannt cause you think it's fancy and that's how everything that doesn't come from burgerland is denoted, but it doesn't work like that
nice attempt. dedicate some more time to art and literature instead of just popular shonen and you might avoid this type of common mistake next time

>b-but shounen is a demographic
Fuck off, shounenteen.

If you're intentionally attempting to sound as pedantic as you possibly can, I commend you
I like to think cultured people don't rely in a buzzwordy vocabulary to voice their opinions

>being this pretentious over a typo
I can't imagine the sheer amount of insecurity consuming this much bottom tier corporate entertainment will do to you.

I like HxH, you're just pretentious and cringy, you seriously need to stop posting on this site and see a therapist.

>he posted the exact same non-argument twice
If you have no counter argument and are only capable of repeating the same few buzzwords, you should just be quiet and let the adults post kino. Perhaps work on your vocabulary so your samefaggotry isn't as obvious next time. You're clogging up the thread.

Attached: 1566048571853.jpg (1000x942, 207K)

holy shit you destroyed him.

Attached: munchy munch.gif (304x305, 449K)

Not that user, but even Hack Snyder can simply copypaste Christian iconography into his work and have mouthbteathers defend it as "deep". Sure, both Superman and in that particular instance Meruem have (very shallow) parallels to Christ, nut they also completely lack the weight of what makes the Iconography meaningful in the first place.

Based.

Attached: 1538668737211.png (508x360, 185K)

This reminds me of the Zack Snyder faggots on Yea Forums. Pretentious imbeciles who pretend these surface level gratuituous parallels are poignant in any way. It's sad that you circlejerk over something so shallow. Read a book. Any book. Also stop replying to yourself.

>proceeds to post the most pretentious shit
like clockwork

yup, definetly can't picture a smart person typing like this. it's hurting my head by just how atrociously you build a sentence or try to resist the use of a buzzy term but it's possible that english is not your first language. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're the first. try to type slower next time, it really is extremely retarded to think somebody interested in renaissance art would commit such a simple mistake like that

>adults
dont you think you've humiliated yourself enough already?

Attached: 1520804382880.gif (200x200, 594K)

I like Hokuto no Ken, Ruroken and City Hunter. Have only read some parts of Yu Yu Hakusho, Ashita no Joe and Black Jack. Haven't read the rest and I'm not really interested in ongoing stuff like HxH.
My favorite traditional shounen is Slam Dunk, so I guess I have shit taste.

*but

Absolutely based and redpilled.

>reminder that this is the average hunter"""chad"""
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs&t=69s

Based.

>he posted the EXACT SAME non-argument again
Learn some new words, imbecile.

Attached: 1554056288198.jpg (1000x773, 324K)

Cry harder hiatusfag. I understand books without doodles make you insecure but you can start with Satoshi Kitamura before moving on to more mature stuff.

>more and more gratuituous shallow referencing
Is this the extent of your knowledge? Recognizing compositions? How shallow.

Go take a bath and clean your anus, you smelly kid. You spouting buzzwords left and right will never not make you look retarded, just accept the general consensus that HxH is seen as a masterpiece in the whole world.

Attached: POV narration.jpg (1240x7472, 2M)

>non-argument
ignoring an argument doesn't make it not exist, user.

explain what is this

>general consensus
>REALITY IS WHAT I WANT IT TO BE!

HNK and YYH are so poorly written you can dismiss posts like this one as poor taste. They are everything wrong with shounen and there is not one example of bad writing that does not apply to them.

Togashi's influence in the industry, even the creator of OPM bowed down before Togashi.

Absolutely based. The structure of chapters 385 and 387 also blew my mind. I feel like my IQ jumped from 130 to 180

Repeating "ugh ugh gratuitous" across multiple posts like a broken record with the vocabulary of a mouthbreather is not an argument.

Attached: Butterfly effect in CA.jpg (2781x1187, 644K)

And they all bow before Araki, including Togashi.
Your point?

Ahem

Attached: KingOfShonen.png (892x584, 537K)

>no baki
kys op

Arakiwho? Ah the guy who sells even less than MHA? HAHAHHAA

Just because you can't see your "kino paneling" for the sophomoric, gratuituous, reddit sensibilities they are, doesn't mean whoever points it out lacks an argument.
HunterxHunter is reddit. It is memes. It is big bang theory and dorito cheese dust. Just like your pretend intelligence.

>B-B-BUZZWORD
>S-STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE YOU D-DUMMY
grow up and clean your toilet. stop sucking togashi's dick for a while why don't ya, huh?

Refer to

Attached: 1539899457112.png (218x244, 55K)

>Repeating "ugh ugh gratuitous" across multiple posts like a broken record with the vocabulary of a mouthbreather is not an argument.
Yeah sure, but that's not the only word in his post is it?
Read it again, slower this time, then maybe you'll see the blatantly obvious argument nestled in there that everyone else that doesn't have your """high IQ""" could see right away.

based herochad

>hero caca
i dont like hunterfags but i wouldnt mind teaming up with them just to kick your shitty manga's ass

>muh sales
Desperate
Araki got a Louvre room all for himself and has influenced every shonen ever made after 1989.
Togashi has been on hiatus for 5 years and he has only influenced cripples and pretentious faggots like yourself

The Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter is some of the best storytelling I've seen in manga possibly ever. Just the visual presence, the paneling, the character development. Perfect blend of detail and Togashi's expressive storyboard draft style. The way he sets up these incredible pages conveying the ambiguity of the villains he's developing and breaking down at the same time. The way he uses symbols and full page collages to imply the character's (and reader's) inner thoughts, more precisely than words. The way it treats its characters and themes, and confuses, blends and harmonizes them with subtlety and still managing to be a badass shonen battle manga is really astounding. By the end I found myself crying for the villains losses as much as the heroes, if not more so... I'm so blown away. There are moments that are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

Attached: 1460583927405.jpg (4074x3056, 2.08M)

Buzzwords and memes.
As expected from shounenshitters.

>shitting on HxH when that user was comparing MHa with JoJo
HAHAHAHHA, you just exposed yourself jojobrownie

Based.

Attached: Oppenheimer and Doomsday Clock - HxH.jpg (1598x920, 945K)

Post yfw Togashi fucking dies and the hunterfags wasted 20 years reading incomplete trash

Attached: 1564531527534.jpg (480x640, 30K)

Based

Attached: 1564461262505.gif (500x467, 792K)

Attached: 14.png (937x1300, 504K)

Why do you faggots never have anything by Nagai in these images?

>immortalized as the best author of his time
>meanwhile manchildren going into their 30s STILL shamelessly reading crappy manga that drops in quality with every arc

Nagai is Hunterchad approved.

Attached: 1473249582989.png (1537x1218, 203K)

because he's a overrated hack with atrocious drawing skills and uses the same formula over and over again in every single of his manga, also he's an edgelord

Attached: 1522462137025.png (718x682, 529K)

“Edgy” is not a real criticism

Hunterchad here, no he's not.

Where is Togashi's Louvre exposition then? Can I go there and buy a Togashi manga as I can buy Rohan Kishibe Louvre e Iku? Of course I can't because Araki and Togashi are not even remotely comparable. For a start, Araki can still draw.

That art is atrocious. How do you tolerate it.

>incomplete
Brainlet tier argument. Tezuka's Phoenix, one of the manga in the OP, is "incomplete" and it's a more accomplished and culturally impactful work than anything you have read. HxH is already one of the greatest stories ever told; Togashi could never publish another chapter again and it would remain as such.

Attached: 1539114563178.png (1974x1003, 1.8M)

It's their gateway anime
Also there are a metric shit ton of pedophiles in that fandom

This post is, dare I say it, based.

Attached: 1564953821063.jpg (2070x1198, 1023K)

Tezuka's phoenix is boring trash lmao figures someone that considers walls of text to be deep writing would think Phoenix is anything but garbage.

>Hunterchad here
What happened in the last chapter? What form of law is governing the Black Whale?

Based.

Attached: Nagai paneling kino.jpg (577x550, 167K)

>visual presence, the paneling

>What happened in the last chapter? What form of law is governing the Black Whale?
I have all the available chapters on my PC, but I'm waiting for the arc to finish until I start reading it.

fpbp

It's kind of funny how their existence entirely depends on newfags falling for bait

>Louvre exposition
lmao
leave it to jojo to take part in the morbid blob of shit that is modern "art"

Everybody ready for a lesson on reading comprehension? Here we go!

>And they all bow before Araki, including Togashi.
>Your point?
Given the previous chain of posts, anyone can tell you that this user is trying to argue that the fact that an artist can influence others does not support the idea that their work is good. And since that is the argument being made using Araki as an example, one can infer that this user likely isn't much of a fan of his.

>Arakiwho? Ah the guy who sells even less than MHA? HAHAHHAA
As we can all clearly see here, he's saying that JoJo sells less than MHA, which is obviously implied to be a bad thing. We can also tell that based on the phrase "even less," he's implying that MHA's sales are also low as well. If we also consider the fact that the previous chain of posts has been talking about Araki and HxH, then it becomes completely obvious that he's trying to jab at Araki in a fallacious attempt to invalidate the user's argument.

Therefore, both your conclusions that the first user is a "jojobrownie," and that the other user was not arguing for HxH are completely wrong. Truly a marvelous display of the hunterchad high IQ yet again!

You aren't a Hunterchad if you don't follow the manga by each chapter release.

Attached: hxh 378 kino.jpg (2440x1997, 1.5M)

Cope harder faggot. Togashi can't even aspire to be a footnote in the history of the medium.

I'm not crazy about hunter but MHA is just trash.

Imagine having your whole life being summed up as "he wrote a story for children but spent most of his busting nuts against the wall and playing video games"
Hes like the king of nEEts

Okay I've been talking shit for a while now, but I must admit the hubris and attitude of the hunterchads is really endearing. So endearing in fact, that I will start reading HxH rightaway.
Stay based hunterchads.

Based and intellectually honest.

VIZ volumes:
v01-36 = nyaa.si/?f=0&c=3_1&q=hunter x hunter digital
v37 = nyaa.si/view/1105686

Attached: 1536739999225.png (1000x1025, 904K)

It's just a little banter bro, we'll always welcome new, aspiring chads.

Attached: 54961262_p16_master1200.jpg (567x803, 102K)

Attached: hunterchad mentality.png (495x433, 225K)

>Aku no Hana on a shounen list
Fucking finally. There's no Bakuman, Death Note or Gintama but Aku no Hana is one of my favorite shounen manga.

Based. Get ready for Kino

Attached: HxH in a nutshell.jpg (460x1115, 279K)

Sport manga threads are comfy because shitposters dont have enough material to shitpost. You're in a safe zone user. Better cherish that.

IQ so high that they can't read basic sarcasm

Dont mind me, just posting objectively best shonen ever

Attached: DontLookAtMyTitleAnon.gif (200x200, 46K)

I'm not sarcastic. I find their hubris endearing and I want to join in on the fun. Seems like some really high iq shit.

If I were you, I would delete this embarrassing post holy shit
Stay blessed, user. Also don't forget to read Kurapika's backstory after you're done with the yorknew arc. Godspeed!

/thread

fucking everyone references the Pieta, even MHA did

I just thought you were mimicking their cringy speech patterns to make fun of them, that's sad...

Nah it's my fault for assuming someone in this thread had any semblance of subtlety, I'll own it.

You owned them, dude! I will know proceed to the dedicated Attack of the Pirates of Stone: Jojohero reloaded thread and do the same for an energetic laugh
or maybe I won't. I like to think I know how to make better use of my time than seeing my afternoon go by as I talk about things I dislike to spite people who like it, but also cause if I started being this lame I'd soon end up putting a bullet in my head out of shame and remorse for my pathetic life

Based

Attached: 1451258930138.png (300x300, 106K)

More like Rokudenashi POOS

Again, as I've stated a million times in this thread, I like HxH, I just think you pretentious retards deserve to be made fun of for shitting up Yea Forums with your cringy garbage.

Here is how a Hunterchad is born.

Rejoice !

you sound like somebody who's surrounded by wholemose people who like you and enjoy your presence. not only that but also somebody who knows what he's doing with his life and will prosper in the direction that you're following
I wonder if you blog about your life a fifth time somebody will show up to care? doesn't hurt to try

Also
>says the member of a fanbase known for shitting on absolutely everything that isn't HxH
Just look at this thread, for example.

user, I'm over here, that's a mirror you're talking to.

you mean this thread that has hxh in it as one of its subjects instead of your favorite garbo series? curious indeed

why are huntards so insecure

Wow, thanks for proving my point, I guess.

they can't move on from their gateway anime and they know most people shitposting with them are mocking them.

Based.

based. why are they? can anyone answer me this? any huntard lurking about to answer me why you're so insecure?
(anyways user, should I or you create the next hxh hate thread? I know we had 3 today and the agreement is 3 every 12 hours but the posting schedule was deleted from our discord group so I don't know when it's my turn anymore. should I falseflag as a huntertard in a one piece thread instead?

/thread.

FPBP

Where’s Yotsuba?

>Aku no Hana
tfw no girl to bully me

Ask your mum

Nigga everything in that image looks horrible

Based and redpilled

>No DB
>No Shaman King
>Some random looking garbage that nobody knows next to YYH
Yeah no fuck off OP you absolute tasteless faggot.

I like many of those and the ones I haven't read I would most likely enjoy as well.
I am incapable of having favorites.

I REMEMBER

Neck yourself you hipster cunt.
TrashxTrash wouldn't exist without DB neither would YYH.

And Toriyama >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Togashi
Cope.

Attached: VegetavsRecoome.jpg (513x9968, 1.5M)

>all of the series Togashi inspired are reddit-tier trash
You can't make this shit up.

Retard. Go read Hi No Tori, Black Jack and Ashita no Joe then come back

Influence =/= Quality, you mongoloid.

Grew up with Kenshin and Hxh, these mangas are lit

>*blocks your path*

Attached: sosmall2.png (2047x1500, 632K)

>Togashi is fucking terrible at drawing anything resembling martial arts,
So is Toriyama

Johan shits on HxH anything.

Why is AssClass here when the author said his influences are JoJo and Kinnikuman

Have sex.

Toriyama destroys Togashi in terms of quality it's not even funny.
Compare DB manga to YYH and HxH. The latter 2 look fucking amateur-tier in comparison, they look like an absolute joke.

Even Togashi would rather play Dragon Quest for hours on end rather than write his shit manga.

>So is Toriyama
Hello retard.

Phoenix is incomplete as a whole but it's a collection of somewhat self contained stories and I'm pretty sure Tezuka finished each individual story that he started.

The MC of AssClass is a copy of Killua

How

Do you have a legal visa, Pedro?

Attached: 51266147.jpg (850x850, 110K)

That's not the MC.

Cry more kid

>Everyone who loves Dragon Ball must be a spic!!!!!!!
(You)

City hunter is the hottest garbage I've ever seen, 99% of the people that like it have nostalgia glasses on.

Not an argument.
Prime Tori was a motherfucking god delivering god-tier martial arts fights on a weekly basis despite the fact that he spent most of the time goofing off all week and only handed his manuscripts on the last day of the deadline.

Ashita no Joe, Hi No Tori and Black Jack are better than almost all seinen manga, retard

The MC does the Killua walk and the switch nice guy-to-killer mode too

Its a fact

Attached: 1565916540920.png (3158x2180, 1.98M)

>Not an argument.
But this is Top kek

>Prime Tori was a motherfucking god delivering god-tier martial arts fights
HAHA go watch some real martial arts kid, you have no idea what you're talking. Basic punches and kicks with ki spam isn't "god-tier martial arts fights"

As much as Kafka's Metamorphosis is a good read, it's still literally baby's first Kafka novel. If you really want to understand the creative process driving Togashi, and how he goes about tackling fundamental and essential themes through his intricate yet clever plotlines, i suggest you to read The Castle, by Kafka.

These readings complement each other very well, as Kafka's understanding of the darkness that lurks in the human mind sheds a new light upon Togashi's deep and complex characters.

It's also worth noting that both of these works of literature are similar in the sense that, like Kafka's The Castle, Hunter X Hunter isn't and won't ever be finished.

You haven't even read Dragon Ball.
Dragon Ball barely had any Ki spam for the first half of the series.

>Dragon Ball barely had any Ki spam
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

This is not even a valid indicator since these are just legal views.
You act like beaners don't eat HxH up when they do. They're obsessed with shonenshit in general.

Eternal reminder.

Not only he's a hack, not only he's dishonest but he's also a fraud.
The absolute state.

Attached: togashi tracing.jpg (893x1726, 251K)

>Hxh is read less than fucking samurai 8
Hahahahahaha

>opinions of random strangers affect my enjoyment
Imagine being this much of a sheep. Man up.

Eh, I'll give ya that, but I feel like I've seen those in older series.
And if you want to properly shitpost, though, at least use the right image.
I don't know why I'm doing this

Attached: this is an actual panel.jpg (1815x567, 370K)

In DB how many characters used blasts?

Attached: Chiaotzu_fires_a_barrage_of_dodon_ray%27s.jpg (350x352, 34K)

Once again, not an argument retard.
You haven't read the manga. You just watched an episode or two of DBZ in Toonami when you were a kid and judged it off purely on that.

In the first half of DB special techniques used to have much more importance because they couldn't spam them since they didn't have insane Ki reserves like later on so fights were very heavily based on martial arts and traditional techniques and such.

When you saw Roshi or Goku perform a Kamehameha you knew shit was going down.

How does Togashi get away with this internationally but Araki can't with his shit?

He said the first half of the series, which is correct.

>You now remember JUMP shilling the fuck out of that garbage series Toriko

Another high IQ person missing the point entirely... The point is that I don't want to be associated with people like you, not that you "affect my enjoyment."

Togashi has no time to lose with drawings, he's too busy weaving deep and complex stories that challenge even the classical works of yore.

HxH fans are rich chads who buy physical copies

>you now realize that AssClass caught up to Toriko's sales in half the volumes

Attached: (Can't Wake Up).jpg (341x418, 55K)

>not an argument retard.
But crying "you haven't read DB" is? lel

>In the first half of DB special techniques used to have much more importance because they couldn't spam
Bullshit, they spammed ki blasts all the time.

>I don't want to be associated with them
>responds to them
Stop contradicting yourself. Keep your distance if you're that weak-minded.

Attached: 0158-011.jpg (1066x1600, 392K)

Dishonest faggot
He only did this once or twice throughout the match
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-120-page-1.html
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-121-page-1.html

Most of the fight is still physical combat.

>Bullshit, they spammed ki blasts all the time.
Not in the first half of DB they didn't

How is that a contradiction in any way? I guess your IQ drops 10 points for every week there isn't a new chapter, because that makes absolutely no sense. I'm saying you're an embarrassment, and I'm making fun of you, how is that possibly doing more to associate myself with you, rather than showing people that not all HxH fans are like the aforementioned autists?

I wasn't thinking about Toriyama in particular (in part because he clearly models his fights after martial arts movie's choreography rather than researching the real deal like you'd see in say, Itagaki's work or Takeshi Maekawa), but you made realize he does completely shit on Togashi with his portrayal of "fake" martial arts it's not even funny. Before you have an aneurysm, I want you to reach your inhalator and realize we're talking about a very concrete part of Togashi and Toriyama's work, not their overall quality as mangaka.

>Dragon Ball barely had any Ki spam
>h-he only did it once or twice!
Need help moving that goal post?

Attached: 0158-012.jpg (1066x1600, 353K)

>because he clearly models his fights after martial arts movie's choreography
Well no shit. But actual real Martial Artists like Bruce Lee made movies so your point is moot.

Also it doesn't matter what they base their fights in when they can't draw fights worth a shit.

>models his fights after martial arts movie's choreography
His fights don't even look as good as those either

DBSpics getting exposed as liars and cheaters

King Piccolo is when the power levels started getting bullshit but even that fight has a ton of martial arts.

Based Tori. Look at how soulfull even this little panel is compared to all of Tohashit's pretentious chicken scratch garbage.

Shut the fuck up hipster

Cringe
You hipsters need to be gassed

>it's all about strategy
I want JoJo on OP's image

again

Attached: 0159-009.jpg (1066x1600, 317K)

based

Being overly verbose doesn't equate becoming a classic. Pic extremely related

Attached: hunter hunter typical chapter.jpg (1024x3218, 1.71M)

Cry more kid

>King Piccolo is when the power levels started
More moving the goal post

>but even that fight has a ton of martial arts.
No it didn't

Wrong.

Attached: 1537556486735.jpg (1066x1600, 463K)

more ki spam

Attached: 0144-004.jpg (1066x1600, 340K)

Attached: 0144-005.jpg (1066x1600, 406K)

DBfags getting EXPOSED

>tfw thread casually turned to exposing dbspics
literally can't make this shit up, I'm having a blast here

Goku vs Vegeta wasn't the first beam clash

Attached: 0047-012.jpg (1066x1600, 414K)

>mfw dbspics ran back to their general to lick their wounds

Attached: 1498621916463.jpg (246x364, 39K)

or the second

Attached: 0185-011.jpg (1066x1600, 390K)

This "fight" was fucking terrible. For one, you're shitting all over you own argument since the entire fight was nothing but both characters repeating the same basic slaps/punches, while also having the "master" martial artist Netero literally standing still while spamming his slaps only to get this, attempting to finish the fight with a giant ki blast. Compared that to Muten Roshi's performance versus Goku or Tenshihan and the latter makes Neteto look like a spastic toddler.

much better than the original

>Yes
>Yes
>HxH
Stopped reading there

Attached: 1558595032972.gif (284x223, 1.39M)

HxH is not about cool hand to hand combat. Go watch Jackie Chan movies if you're into that

youtube.com/watch?v=1X3ua68IAUk
Look at this "god tier" martial arts fight

Nobody's talking about Super.

>implying the original is any different
Funny

You say that, but I hadn't read the original DB in a while and literally just a few chapters after the ki spam you're masturbating over, there's Tenshinhan vs Roshi and it's really good. Certainly much better than any martial arts bout Togashi has ever drawn.
mangaseeonline.us/read-online/Dragon-Ball-chapter-123-page-1.html
Still, not as good as Baki or Tekken Chinmi or Though.

Dragon Ball is trash, Kengan Ashura and Baki is where the REAL martial arts are at

Why is Mob never on these shitposting shonen lists?

Attached: A1yJ0Xxrg7L.jpg (1810x2560, 1.2M)

Hunterfucks BTFO

It's even less than that
Seinen just lets you have more explicit sex and violence, that's it. A lot of the time series only end up in shounen or seinen magazines at all due to the author knowing an editor at that company or some shit like that too. I have no idea why certain fanbases on here are so obsessed with whether a series is shounen or seinen as if it means anything relevant at all.

Most of those are literal garbage. Only YYH saves that entire image from being one huge, lame bait-meme.

Says the retard who posted a literal slap boxing match.

>Seinen just lets you have more explicit sex and violence, that's it
This is completely wrong and you would know if you actually read any seinen outside of Berserk. Seinen manga have much more variety because they're free to explore different kinds of storytelling that wouldn't fly in shonen magazines, not just because of explicit content. For instance stuff that wouldn't really appeal to kids but isn't necessarily inappropriate for them.

YYH is probably the worst series in that list overall. It has one arc that anyone cares about and even that arc is weaker than anything in most of the other series in that picture.

If you have a favorite shounen you have shit taste

>Seinen manga have much more variety because they're free to explore different kinds of storytelling that wouldn't fly in shonen magazines
Read something other than Weekly Shounen Jump. Shounen and Seinen means nothing relevant to people here.

you miss the point brainlet. this fight was a battle of humans vs. a new species. compared to humans, animals are superior in a lot of areas. they can swim better, run faster, fly, have much better senses, are stronger, etc. the only thing we have going for us and that saved our existence in the first place is our intelligence. If you pit a human against a lion, bear, shark, whatever without any technology or weapon whatsoever, he´d lose.

now, there is a new species that not only combines the natural abilities of animals and beasts, which are already far superior to our measly bodily abilities, with our human intelligence which enabled us to survive that long against the odds of nature as well as the ability to use the life force in the form of Nen. with all that in mind, pit the supposedly strongest human/hunter at his life span's end against the fresh born strongest collection of animals, beasts and humans of a superior race that absorbs the life force of anything he eats and you can compare it to a fight of an old hunter with a knive vs. a young grizzly bear.

so how can the old hunter bring down the grizzly bear? by relying on something that I already mentioned before - humanities iron will to survive, using any means possible. Atomic weapons, Biological weapons, Chemical weapons, pick your favourite. And to put it into Netero´s own words: "King of the ants, Meruem. You don´t understand a thing about the limitless malice of mankind!"

It´s not willpower, friendship, life force or magical artifacts that saves humanity. It´s technology, it´s the unbelievable malice and viciousness to use any means possible to stand atop the food chain and defend it´s title of evolution`s finest. It´s technology, with the sole goal of killing everything it touches, originally designed to kill it´s creators, namely humans. HxH as a whole but especially this arc is a deconstruction of shonen.

Attached: HxH war drama.jpg (1692x1908, 554K)

They don't have easily discernible levels of objectionable content, I agree. And some of the smaller shonen magazines do give mangaka more freedom, but you can still generally pick a shonen out because of the way its story is told. Even in non-battle shonen they typically rely on similar tropes like getting through hardships with friendship and stuff. I just finished Beck recently and it had a lot of that stuff in it. The biggest appeal to writing a seinen series is not needing to pander to younger people with these kinds of tropes. The fact that you think it's only about sex and violence just shows how ignorant you are of seinen manga.

Based and malicepilled

Attached: 1536668326_r7X0nrP.png (533x523, 319K)

I know it's not about cool H2H, retard (mostly because Togashi can't draw any), but if you read the chain reply before coffing out your cheetos you'd realize I've been precisely arguing about Togashi's skill when it comes to depicting martial arts (which by the way he uses very oftrn for a manga that isn't about them, but that's besides the point), which is honestly lacking. Also
>implying watching Jackie's movies isn't a better use of my time reading BoringxBoring or even DB
Have you even seen this masterpiece?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ltRBEu0IU

You can masturbate your microdick to its context as much as you want, but the actual fight put on paper was still garbage.

I bet you're one of those people who thinks Evangelion is about theology

Eva is trash.