Can someone explain this to me?

Can someone explain this to me?

Attached: o.png (848x459, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In Hunter x Hunter, there is a shotacon magician/clown who is arguably one of the strongest characters in the series and fairly important to the overall plot. His ability is called Bungee Gum, and it is the power to make his Nen (spirit energy) have the properties of both rubber and gum, that is, sticky and stretchy. He says this fairly often. Now, it's worth understanding that the whole "rubber and gum" thing was a long running joke in HxH threads for years, because it's funny and, again, the Clown says it like a catch phrase. The joke was ALWAYS that you can't beat rubber and gum, it can do anything, because it's rubber and gum, can't beat that, nope.

Now, in one of the most recent chapters (and by recent I mean, it happened three years ago but there's only been 30 chapters since then) where the clown was in a death match with someone he's been trying to kill since the 90's, he fucking loses! He gets stomped and styled on so bad he dies. But guess what? Rubber and fucking gum, he uses this ability to knead his heart and lungs post mortem and bring himself back to life. And he does so by evoking a contract with his Nen (which is an established mechanic of Nen in the series), and his evocation was translated by mangastream as so: "O' my rubber Nen"

This single handedly took a long running joke to an extreme no one thought possible, I mean talk about meme magic, and completely subverted all expectations for how Hisoka's character arc would develop, as well as other more extreme consequences to the plot like killing off 2 members of the main group of antagonists. The meme has been a little forced in recent times but it's worth understanding just how far back this shit goes, and just pivotal this single phrase will be in the plot of HxH.

Attached: 1561899805537.jpg (1908x1218, 809K)

Bungie Gum allows him to create an aura that has the properties of rubber and gum

It is deconstruction of shonen battle.

based

HxH is full os asspulls, yet fags will argue Togashit isn't a hack.

So this is where the "O MY ____" thing comes from?

No, it comes from BNHA.

no, this is the og

Attached: 1540993708462.jpg (684x374, 320K)

I guess atleast Huntertards can try to explain it, can Herocucks explain the seven quirks ?

>a quirk that's been stated to stockpile power
>can stockpile the quirks of its wielders
Wow much asspull, so surprise. But it's still stupid.

his rubbery spiritual power, that gets stronger after death making for a very poetic "revival" since he wishes to be the best against everyone, pumps up his vital organs to bring him back to consciousness later
this was only possible because of the elastic malleable power that he's mastered

Checked, but you are too late, the first post already explained it best.

based and satanpilled

I see. I was just giving the explanation I came up myself the first time I read it, don't know what people find so enigmatic or absurd about this. It's fucking hisoka with his power of rubber and gum, complete insanity and exhilaration under extreme danger and inhuman willpower to keep living simply using a plan he had in preparation for something like this, or rather making smart use of his unique power (this is a genius character with a weird and wicked mindset after all, would be weird if he just closed his eyes and started praying for redemption)

and as far as I know there are records of humans coming back to consciouness some time later with similar treatment

Attached: 1462812214457.png (996x435, 174K)

Can someone explain when the new chapter comes out?

youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs

His nen has the properties of both rubber and gum.

hunterfags are autistic

Based and rubber and gumpilled

Attached: 74382.png (511x528, 297K)

Based and departurepilled

>hunter""""""""""chads""""""""""

>hunterfags are autistic
A compliment indeed.

>adult men, and by that I mean full grown lads above the age of 20, keep flaming us as we keep laughing and smirking all the way through it
seems a tad silly but I won't deny it's a fun way to pass time

Attached: 1495211829302.png (592x519, 286K)

guys, i think we bullied the hunterfags too hard...

Attached: 1557186160616.webm (1920x1080, 283K)

>it happened three years ago
I don't believe yo- NO! SHUT UP!

>webm of a static image
for what purpose ?

What was that Mumblechad. I couldn't hear you

no no, all for one's brother had a quirk whose ability was to pass the user's quirk onto another person. Then all for one gave him one for all, the stockpiling quirk.

Stockpiling quirk + Give-quirk Qurik combine into stockpiling give-quirk quirk.

Quirk user receives stockpiling GIVE-QUIRK quirk. this shit was theorized as soon as that was revealed

Attached: rubber nen explained.jpg (1550x1280, 1.21M)

>O MY FLAMING FIST
>O MY HAMON ERUPTION
>O MY SAME TYPE OF STAND
>O MY PARKING BRAKES
>O MY REQUIEM ARROW
>O MY STAND DISC
>O MY INFINITE ROTATION
>O MY ROKAKAKA FRUIT

I said go read your doctor stone or the attack of the big titans or something. having poor taste is a personal tragedy therefore you shouldn't place it on the shoulders of anybody else

>Anyone who mocks me must have poor taste and watches reddit tier anime
I like HunterxHunter personally. Making fun of you mumbling spics is entertaining

What a shitty webm

didn't ask and hardly care. could you stop replying?

>I-I like HxH but p-please trust me I'm not a mumbler I SWEAR.
Pathetic, do the world a favor and end yourself delusional faggot

Attached: 945254294.jpg (952x735, 207K)

good. you decided to have a conversation with himself. thanks for being so understanding. remember not to engange in conversation with me again

>engange

ESL-kun that doesn't make much sense...

>could you stop replying?
No.

What's worse than a Hunterfag is a closeted Hunterfag, stop acting above people on Yea Forums retard.

Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs

Attached: 1446885295109.gif (540x540, 1.1M)

how will hunterkeks ever recover?

If Kurapika can seal, theoretically, Hisoka's Nen does it mean his makeshift innards and limbs get removed as well?

By having an actual good manga to fall back on.

sounds like they're in trouble

Attached: 1565351687994.png (186x189, 85K)

kek

>Yea Forums pretends to hate hunterxhunter thread #492834123

>>pretends

Attached: 1455811763487.jpg (252x276, 13K)

>Yea Forums pretends to hate hunterxhunter

Attached: 19459679825.png (640x480, 338K)

What's with that retard Guts look I've seen it so many times now, what emotion is that autistic face suppose to convey ?

Attached: what.jpg (278x200, 14K)

A non-meme, unbiased explanation? Based and Hunterpilled

You can't hate something that you haven't read, you can only pretend to hate it, if you said "we hate the HxH fanbase" then we'll be more inclined to believe you and not disregard everything you post as falseflag and shitpost, outside Yea Forums HxH has cemented it's status as a classic, nothing will change that, all you can do is seethe cry and cope and then make more bait threads like these.

>pretends

Attached: 1565333742367.png (996x868, 798K)

disappointment and disgust

user, why are you speaking to moe enthusiasts and berserk normalfags? have you lots your mind?

Attached: 1565469964090.gif (400x250, 190K)

Attached: Based.gif (498x280, 423K)

Looks like he's trying to wink at someone while simultaneously having an orgasm and laughing, It just looks like Guts has autism.

>pretends

Attached: 1559336756087.png (245x253, 11K)

>Yea Forums is literally too dumb to understand action shounen anime

Attached: 1542683988780.png (434x400, 163K)

Sasuke's great snake escape is objectively worse and the actual point Naruto goes to absolute shit because he factually admits internally he ran out of Chakra near the end of his fight with Deidara.

Sasuke's storyline was forced garbage and ruined Naruto and Sakura's characters immensly.

>pretends

Attached: 15591641275.jpg (630x604, 124K)

>I guess atleast Huntertards can try to explain it, can Herocucks explain the seven quirks ?
Powers in Hero Academia are called Quirks and they are sort of like the mutations in X-men, with the exception being that only a very small portion of society is born quirkless. The main character who is quirkless and therefor cannot become a hero, even though he wants to, receives a quirk called One For All from a hero he admires. This is quirk has the ability to stockpile power and to grant this power to others, sort of making it a legacy superpower. After a point, it is revealed that One for All didn't only absorb and store the physical powers of its previous holders but their quirks as well. There have been 8 holders of One For All before Deku, excluding All might who was also quirkless before receiving it from his master, meaning that there are 7 unknown quirks inside Deku, the quirks of the previous holders, and he will have to unlock them and learn how to use them.

One For All has an established history that explains how this is possible. It is in a way derivative of the quirk of the main villain, All For One, who was called such because of his power to take other people's quirks and keep them or transfer them. One For All came to be as a fusion of two quirks. One, the ability to stockpile power, and two, the ability to grant power to others. The ability to grant powers to others was the ability of the little brother of the All For One. As such, their powers dealing with other people's quirks is genetically similar. This brother however did not know that he had this quirk, because it was useless. He could only give,not take, and so he thought himself to be quirkless. All For One gave him a quirk out of pity, the power-stockpiling quirk, and the two quirks combined. It makes sense that is capable of absorbing quirks as well, because technically that's what it did to the first quirk too. It absorbed the power-stockpiling quirk.

>pretends

Attached: vHedWVd_d.jpg (500x500, 19K)

None of your post addresses Deku Stu being the first One For All user with multiple quirks.

Hunterchad post = intellectual, has real arguments
nu-Yea Forums post = a bunch of Yea Forumseddit reaction images and meme arrows

Every thread

Pretty much. Hunterchads are just smarter than the Yea Forumsedditors who are leading the "counter-raids".

Attached: 4th_Chad.png (250x249, 19K)

mind telling us what the asspulls are?

>inb4 tvtropes png.

Attached: 1565506622888.png (295x321, 139K)

There are two theories as to why that is. Either or both can be correct at the same time.
1: The amount of power the quirk was stockpiling happened to reach critical mass now, meaning this was always supposed to happen eventually. This is supported by Gran Torino telling All Might that Nana once said a spirit approached her in her dream but said that "it's not time yet".
2: Deku temporarily used 100% One For All when fighting Overhaul, surviving it only because of Eri's time reversal bs. This accidentally might have signaled to the "programming" of the power that Deku reached the full potential of One For All and is therefor ready to receive these power ups. In other words, he fucked up. He's getting all this shit dumped on him by the power because the power thinks that he is ready, while he is clearly not.

My bet is on both, especially the second one.

basically he shoved a rubber dildo made out of nen in his ass in case he got killed as a method of reviving him

alluka comes to mind.

Desu Jojolion hasn't had an O MY moment yet.

The conditions of Alluka's powers made it reasonable that she was locked up in a vault before instead of being an active part of the world as a deus ex machina.

O
MY
SEVEN
QUIRKS

Attached: 15537327319.png (848x459, 418K)

It's called "asspull".

>O MY ASS HURTS

calling something a classic isn't a well written argument

where have i seen this type of pretentious behaviour before?

Attached: hunterxhunter.jpg (1400x2153, 491K)

But it is a classic user, your post is reeking of denial and seethe, you really don't have to post about HxH yet you go out of your way to do so, and the reason being ? Togashi is living in your head rent free and there's nothing you can do about it, it's time to cope.

O H M Y S E V E N Q U I R K S

You know what else is a classic?
>NGE
>Berserk
>Fist of the North Star
>even fucking Dragon Ball

stop pretending HxH is the only classic out there and stop using it as an argument

Never said it was the only classic, don't put words in my mouth you obsessed retard.

OH MY STONE NECK
OH MY SEVEN QUIRKS
OH MY RUBBER NEN
OH MY SENTIENCE TRANSFER
OH MY PATHS

>all these years later and the same retards with the same signatures keep spamming hxh
I hope I live to see you guys move on one day but I'm pretty sure you are all a lost cause

could you please stop? i think its illegal now to own a person like that

>don't put words in my mouth

Attached: 15564997774.jpg (274x309, 31K)

For me, it's O MY GOLDEN BOOK

Attached: x10 (1).png (1804x1400, 716K)

Look at those numbers

Attached: 15656051272.jpg (544x499, 47K)