When does fan translation go too far?

When does fan translation go too far?

Attached: 1553871199080.jpg (854x1200, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvNxgHTWIlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1560501655853.png (2183x1532, 142K)

Is there anything more embarrassing than putting memespeak in your translation?

What do you even want? This translation is perfect and one of the main reasons to read this manga.

yeah, you posting on this site

This

Honestly the meme translations were the only thing that made that shitty series even remotely interesting. It's basically nothing but cucks being cucks getting cucked by other cucks.

Attached: k29.jpg (854x1200, 235K)

It's too far when it's too far

Attached: P001.jpg (1280x1890, 476K)

I don't get it

Stop being so boring and start enjoy innovation.

> supposed to be middle English. But it's shit.
also thot patrol? cringeworthy.

Fuck off Chillock, we've had this thread god knows how many times. You're a decent translator when you're not trolling Godo was good but you're meme shit is a cancer. Stop shilling this shit

killl yourself chillock

Attached: you picking a fight.png (566x968, 642K)

Big F

I'm reading this right now and it's probably the most brutal translation I've seen. I don't know what the original said but he translates into shitposting bong, it's fucking wild man.

the real cringe is bitching about a translation without posting the RAW, which you probably can't even fucking read.

Attached: 1559950763951.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

Don't think there even is public raws

Attached: 1559284438633.png (392x200, 40K)

Can someone post the raw of the pic in the OP?

Attached: fcvv.jpg (969x1400, 364K)

perfectly normal japanese, op translator is a faggot

And op is perfectly normal English.
Where's the problem?

Are you actually gonna offer a translation or just complain?

Attached: 1565896561628.jpg (925x442, 168K)

whoa, whould you look at that! No meme garbage in the actual manga. Who would have thunk huh

fuck off already with the sex meme fucking twat. fucking Yea Forumsparasite

Attached: 1452811315935.png (266x458, 43K)

kill yourself bootlicker

>Right... In that case, you'll forget about him
>And then never show up here again
>You're an eyesore

Niggastream obviously

Attached: 1518091689875[1].jpg (869x1237, 180K)

Oh no no no. Can't even form an argument

Thx

Attached: mother fucker.jpg (900x899, 330K)

It's just reworded brit speak brainlet

How do I into britspeak?
Asking for future projects

I can't believe some people actually needed the raw to prove those shitty /pol/ jokes and thick accents were made up but I guess there's no limit to the retardation

Attached: B15.jpg (969x1400, 377K)

What's that incest doujin where they're talking like Mark Twain characters or something?

Theres nothing wrong with translators making TL note jokes off-panel as long as it’s not to frequent.

If you have a good gag in your head it’s not hard to figure out if and where you should use it granted you don’t have autism.

>you can't prove it! Post the raw!
>you can't prove it! Post a translation!
>i-it's just reworded so it's fine!
fuck off already chillock

Attached: 41GAqcvx+iL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 26K)

Right and is brit speak supposed to be remotely endearing or funny?

embarassing post

I dunno. Be British?

It's Yea Forums we're retard central

Now your just being paranoid

Attached: 1484251439179.jpg (782x713, 501K)

Yes actually, more so than this shit story.
Or do you honestly think this shit is worth reading legitimately?

>adding shitty jokes to a shitty story somehow makes it worth reading
Are chillock apologists legit braindead?

I think your just getting bent out of shape over nothing

Pretty much this. The best Shuten doujin finally gets translated but it's a meme translation the moment you see page 1.

Attached: Image_0005_fix.jpg (1280x1833, 379K)

So stupid

>this thread
Why can't some of you people just enjoy stuff you are provided for free instead of making continuous complains like some ungrateful dicks. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you have to ruin it for everybody else. You don't like it then don't comment, if you can then make it better, and when you can't, then just shut up and let others have fun instead of poisoning yet another thread.

Attached: Palpatine buthurt.png (390x284, 140K)

It's all fun and games until the anime tiddy gets taken away, THEN the normalfags will get up in arms about muh "censorship" and "author's intent"

I took a shit and put it between two pieces of bread, it's free though so you can't complain about eating it

And yet you still eat it

But you guys hate it when commie does it

You clearly didn't even understand what I wrote in the post you are referencing, and you're steering the conversation towards yet another shitstorm. Besides stop being such a tryhard. It will do you a lot of good.

Attached: 1559901295249.jpg (460x368, 39K)

Why can't some of you people just enjoy stuff you are provided for free instead of making continuous complains like some ungrateful dicks
How did I misconstrue this statement?

Cuck is just a replacement for faggot which is more acceptable to use.

>waah stop calling bad thing bad you meanies!
Reddit is the other way for your hugbox needs

>You don't like it then don't comment, if you can then make it better, and when you can't, then just shut up and let others have fun instead of poisoning yet another thread.
The entire point of the thread is to shit on bad translations, retard.

read the second part
>Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you have to ruin it for everybody else. You don't like it then don't comment, if you can then make it better, and when you can't, then just shut up and let others have fun instead of poisoning yet another thread.

Here you go, just to spare you the trouble of looking for it.

>BooHoo stop liking what I don't like.

Cry some more bitch.

Attached: don't talk back.png (512x350, 107K)

Don't even know myself

Attached: Adamasu no Majotachi.jpg (2001x1435, 762K)

Not him but this is a discussion thread, OP literally started the post with a question in order to fuel discussion about the topic and to hear the board’s opinions on the matter

Take your shit to reddit if you want a hugbox faggot, criticism is essential to ensuring quality in literally everything.

I swear there are more members of the cast with mystic eyes than without. Aren't even useless ones supposed to be incredibly rare, with actually powerful shit being rarer still?

>Not him but this is a discussion thread
>criticism is essential to ensuring quality in literally everything

What you both said is true, however it all boils down to ''I don't like it, so it's shit''. No logical arguments provided. Why exactly is a translation like that bad? Can't understand all of the old words? Have a hard time reading so words must be simple? I at least appreciate the effort the translator took to make it like this. Eating the same food all the time will make it boring, so it's nice to see a bit of variety from time to time.

>When does fan translation go too far?
at "cuck", in this case

>you're an eyesore= later,cuck
>forced accents for no reason
Kill yourself, bootlicker. The translation is 100% wrong.
>b-but I find my unfunny shit funny!
Not an argument.

>The translation is 100% wrong.
Why?

Attached: 1560500996214.jpg (916x690, 102K)

Can you read?

Well cuck was a bit too much there 目ざわり/eyesore is just more appropriate.
EOPs deserve it tho

This.
If a series is this crappy, I don't mind the translator going for a goofy localization, so long as they don't change the original meaning too much

Completely altering the context and intent of the original text and possibly misleading the readers into thinking the translation is 100% correct just to make a bunch of forced jokes is extremely disrespectful to the author and just plain annoying, no matter how stupid the original story is. Especially when there’s no other serious and honestly translated version to read.

Attached: Yes!!!.gif (380x262, 982K)

It's perfectly fine. If you don't like it, just don't read it.

So you’re telling people to miss out on something the author actually put time and effort into just because it got fucked with a shitty meme translation? I’m not even defending this specific manga, I’ve seen this happen with manga that are actually meant to be taken seriously and it sucks when the only translation option available is filled to the brim with this stuff.

No. There's nobody stopping another group for retranslating it.

>The translation is 100% wrong.
please, it's 30% wrong at best

Has it ever been done with a manga that wasn't shit?

Implying you even buy the authors works in the first place you leech or you care for that matter

>OP: what do you think of this translation
>it's shit
>HOW DARE YOU AHHH JUST DON'T READ IT

Holy shit, I should've scrolled before hitting submit.

Attached: OI GUV.jpg (544x23, 3K)

None of these are arguments.The translation is still terrible regardless of the shitty source material.
>but why do you care lol
Gee, it's almost like this thread was made to discuss it

Sure there’s nobody stopping them but often times when there’s already a translation available (even if it’s a meme translation) other groups just don’t feel the need to do a retranslation, especially when it’s something obscure that the majority of manga readers wouldn’t really care about.
That’s the thing, these people essentially steal from the author and they don’t even take care in what they’ve stolen. It’s one thing to grab and use pirated scans for your project and actually translate the work properly and with respect to the author’s original intent but it’s another thing to just shit all over the thing you’ve stolen. It’s disrespectful as fuck really.

It shouldn't have been even uploaded in the first place, keep meme translations on one's blog, for people who want to enjoy said content.

Finally someone with reasonable arguments who can properly express himself. I agree with you completely on why ''meme'' translations can be bad, but I think that this one has no problems of being misunderstood. It's pretty clear what each character means. Don't know if you're familiar with amagami series manga. In the Kaoru part there was this april fool's version of a single chapter with meme translation where everybody talked like some gangstas. That one had misleading translation.

Lmao you probably don't even support mangaka

>Ain't no shame in kingin like kong
What the hell where the Bleach translators thinking with that line

Batoto and Mangadex opened the floodgates for anyone to become a scanlator if they want, that helped many projects to get off the ground but it also opened the gates for terrible scans, back in the Mangahelpers days the scanlator community was way smaller but groups were more competent, meme translations had no chance of survival without online readers giving them an audience.

Attached: 1421534093346.png (97x150, 15K)

Mangastream got called Niggerstream for a reason.

>I think that this one has no problems of being misunderstood. It's pretty clear what each character means.
I mean, some sentences have clearly been completely altered from their original meaning like
I’m just of the opinion that no matter how shitty the story is, the author put heart and effort into producing it and deserves to have his story told honestly. Translate for fun all you want but like another user said, keep that to yourself and your friends instead of putting it out into the open for all to see, or at least wait until an actual serious group has claimed it so that your misleading translation doesn’t grab all the spotlight first.
Where do you think you are dude

I respect your opinion user.

Thanks bro

youtube.com/watch?v=YvNxgHTWIlo

Gays leave

Attached: 68423707_1410058692479937_5742113855887114240_n.jpg (171x222, 12K)

Meme translators don't know japanese to begin with, actual meme lovers scanlators such as Rapeman Scans keeps his funny junk on Credits pages, the bastard actually knows what he is translating.

Attached: You sir are a swine.jpg (407x407, 45K)

>None of these are arguments
yes they are

>The translation is still terrible
it's not the translation that you're bitching about, it's the localization

Sorry I’ll get a room

T. Rapeman

He don't know his head from his ass

>it's the localization
Now I have reached the stupidity quota of the day, meme speak is now "localization", fantastic.

Localization is part of the translation you absolute retard

>It’s disrespectful as fuck really.
come on, when has Yea Forums ever cared about respect?

disgusting

they're related, but the terms aren't interchangeable

Based and KingKongpilled

Post the Bleach niggerstream ones

Someday I hope to scanlate and fill it with shitpost tier stale memes. I want zoomers to know the hell of crabsticks I went through.

Attached: cracksipp.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

What kind of manga will it be

I like how the title implies this was "fixed"

>translate a niche doujin that people have waited for for years
>release it in an obscure language and/or fill it with memes
Nothing gets me harder.

Attached: 1565696725441.jpg (539x451, 171K)

Attached: P375.jpg (1280x1826, 541K)