Whats your opinion on hajime no ippo?

whats your opinion on hajime no ippo?

Attached: hajime-no-ippo-1792495.jpg (715x1100, 151K)

he's right, you know.

It's awesome and the author said it will last for another like 20 years. So I'm enjoying the ride.

The last 7 years has had some extreme up and downs, with really polarized matches and regression of character in some cases, but George has shown that he can still do some good matches and comedy, so I keep reading

Imai demolishing Itagaki and Vorg vs Mike is enough goodwill for a couple more years

Attached: ippodiabolos.png (960x400, 205K)

Attached: 1557395124973.png (1432x2958, 1.32M)

Needs more oxygen tanks.

Does not know when to quit
Spinning wheels

>Think about your training boy!
>Oxygen!
>Yamato damashii!

I used to like it but around the time Ippo fought Wooley or however you spell the name of that boxer that jumps around like a stupid monkey it stopped being fun and started being weird and kind of dumb

I don't think that's true coach

lmao

Breath taking.

Attached: B2D57761-4867-4964-93BB-2CAAE67B63CB.jpg (720x404, 45K)

10 years of manga fillers ruined the manga.

It has comedy, it has action. What more do you want?

Attached: ippo.png (1040x4924, 1.9M)

stupid

Has this happened yet?

Attached: Niho.png (806x435, 98K)

Even Sakuragi in Slam Dunk in stop using Dunk because it's retard
why the fuck Ippo still using Dempsey Roll?

Attached: slam-dunk-cover.jpg (918x532, 131K)

Ippo also stopped because he's retired

The manga needs more oxygen

Attached: kamogawa style.png (800x600, 76K)

With the pace this is going, I'll probably die before the coach dies in the manga so i feel like i'm wasting my time trying to keep reading this.
Most of the late matches also felt pretty stale to me. Was a fun ride for a while though.

It's a great series, for what it is. However, the oxygen memes are shit.

Needs more french fries

The memes convinced me to start reading, but now that I'm caught up I don't understand their prominence. I only remember oxygen being mentioned in a few fights, and only actually being important in one of them. You guys are shitposters.

Attached: Shimabukuro_Iwao_-_002.png (690x813, 762K)

Yeah...

It's alright. Shame that the artist refuses to publish his manga digitally, otherwise he would have better sales.

The oxygen meme was also important in the Volg Zangief fight. But apart from that, you're absolutely right.

It's good and only brainlets think it currently isn't

It's been really fucking shitty ever since he 'retired' I do like his little students though.

His students are great. Hope that keeps getting attention.

Unintentionally fucking hilarious on the mangaka's part

Boring shit. I got tired of it at the wolly garbage and never looked back.

Retrospectively it will be quite good for the most part but reading it as it airs is a drag with pointless arcs and myriad side fights. Also author redraws the same hill way too fucking much. That being said really am looking forward to ippo incorporating into his fighting style. In order for it to happen some unbelievable reasoning must occur so that would really be interesting.

Anons once told me that this was Demon Slayer's prequel. But do I need to watch or read this before I can start Demon Slayer? The latter's gotten pretty popular lately so I got interested.