Is Kengan Ashura worth reading?

Is Kengan Ashura worth reading?

Attached: 1556678015866.png (1073x1537, 2.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

urasunday.com/kengan/omake.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_(demon)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's a radical idea user: why don't you read it yourself? That way you can form your own opinion

i read a couple chapters... seemed boring to me desu...
the faces were like political cartoon faces? you know the bottle head faces that they use. they guys have those exact faces.
Got up to the fight after the fat gas dude. Stopped readingh ahah

Read Kengan Omega instead

The art gets substantially better, but you sound like you have shit taste. Don’t pick it back up.

What the fuck kind of opinion is this? Read them both.

I have to see if it's Yea Forums approved before I read it.

This is supposed to be a good guy.

Attached: Possessing_Spirit_%28Tokita_Ohma%29.png (300x266, 135K)

He does become quite comfy after having his memories punched back in.

this but unironically. i only watch/read series Yea Forums likes.

Do you like Baki and fighting manga? If yes, it's worth the read, I liked it.

They're all good guys.

Despite taking part in a prolific blood sport fight to the death, they are all generally nice lads.

Attached: BandoDecent.png (764x589, 392K)

It is highly Yea Forums approved from what I've seen, and it is one of my favourite manga personally.

The art starts out a little quirky but in its own charming way, although after a while it does become more well refined and traditional in its own way as the series progresses, which is good but also starts to have some minor issues with sameface syndrome.

As a fighting Manga it is very good, and does a great job of hyping you up to both contenders in a fight leaving you rarely in a position where you're not second guessing who you think is going to win. The political intrigue between CEO's and general business deal adds a second battleground on which the fights extend but at the same time there is a lot of room for comfortable casual encounters and light comedy between the cast which provides an excellent counterplay with the bloodsoaked warfare.

Now get reading and avoid spoilers.

Attached: RaianFuckYou.png (271x235, 52K)

I don't get how some people say it's like Baki that doesn't take itself seriously when it's more serious than Baki.

standard battle shonen shit
if you're into that, go wild

One of the best ongoing mangas right now

How is it more serious than Baki?
Outside of the truly serious fights and plot it's almost a charming comedy with all the usual japanese tropes of such, like set character groups that play off each other and tons of running gags.

Get your buzzwords right faggot

The injuries are alot more serious and people actually die from things like having their throat cut by lihito. Life isn't really treated as a sacred thing in KA. You feel like any fight could be either character's last, where you really didn't get that from Baki, or I didn't anyway.

Kengan makes it seem that way but basically nobody dies in the entire thing except for Ohma and a few forgettable characters like the one Lihito killed.

Lihito didnt kill anyone, the russian in Ohmas hideout shows up again and he even hires him for his company in some extras along with the Deva King.

Thats not entirely wrong, but it also doesnt fall into the "If you use this technique you will fuck yourself up, but you wont!" category. Wounds in enough cases still have a effect.

well what would you call it
it's hardly unique if that's what you're implying

Its time to let go user...

Isn't there a sequel that's ongoing?

it's pretty good

Attached: adam.jpg (1073x1523, 451K)

It's a martial arts series? Sure it's shounen but not battleshounen

Based Adam.
How can anyone seriously argue with this? Manglaze on fries is fucking nasty.
This is gonna turn into a /ck/ thread now, btw.

Yes, do it for Kazzy

Then where's Retsu?

If you like good fight choreography, sure. It also has a nice cast so the non fight chapters are fun.

>Sure it's shounen but not battleshounen
Then... what do they do?
It's the same as baki, shamo, or any number of the other countless mediocre battle shonens.

>Read the sequel without the original
What the fuck?

Shamo's a seinen.

A rose by any other name.

It's like Baki before Baki became gutter trash
even better in my opinion

Attached: 1543947433019.jpg (599x590, 97K)

Absolutely. The start is unremarkable as it meanders from streetfight to streetfight, but once it enters the Kengan tournament it becomes amazing. The art gets really good, too.

Honestly didn't know he was dead. I knew he lost his legs but, damn.

Try it if you get interested in this girl.

Attached: karla.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

>*runs the fuck away*
Really didn't expect that.

Can't believe the anime not only cut that but changed his teeth to DAMN

If you are looking for a husbando or waifu, yes. If you want good fights and twists, yes. If you want character development through wholesome moments, yes. Intrigue and politic plot are not the best but they work right, never too lame or too complex, it work exactly to make a big cast shine and keep some mysteries.

the should have censored it all the way and wrote D*NG

Can’t believe the anime cut most of the characters’s development, destroyed the few comic moments they decided to keep and CGI’ed even the non-fighting scenes.

So it can look like "dong"?
Dude, I don't know if you know this but lol gay xD jokes aren't really funny.
They never were.
>LOL DICKS IN BUTTS IM A COMEDY GENIUS

good god that is ugly

If you are ok with only reading fights for 200 chapters then by all means go for it. Dont expect anything else though other than a complete meme of a story that only exist to perpetuate more fights. Its kinda hilarious in that sense.

Attached: 1561817358826.png (360x345, 99K)

Real crime given without that part Kengan Ashura is only...Ashura.

It cuts out all the useless crap like chapters of training? god that just sounds horrible.

In fact, it was Kazzy who took Ivan to hospital, then took a picture with him and got autograph.
urasunday.com/kengan/omake.html Sandrovich drawn and thus canon. First one is after the incident with Ivan and Rihito, penultimate one is after Nezu's fight, last one includes female Meguro, clearly drawn by Daro. There's also female Nikaido Ren.
Ozu Toshio survived.

Attached: 1565233872371.jpg (227x371, 20K)

imagine being the doctor who had to unwind Toshio's neck

They failed with making her look crazier as her talking went on.

Attached: Kengan Asura_v05c038p06.png (1073x1523, 431K)

Don't stick your d in crazy.

I hope this is bait and you're not looking really stupid right now

Attached: unknown.png (1678x814, 1.36M)

They should fug but unfortunately once again a MC falls for the boring girl.

And who might that be?

>but unfortunately once again a MC falls for the boring girl.
you might wanna reread the manga user, he didn't fall for any girl, and then he fucking died

A lucky doctor if he is into it.

Karla is great, actually all the girls are great. Not as great as DRHDR but they are all amazing.

>Karura
>Lihito
Which retard is responsible for this?

Attached: Bullshit.png (234x184, 46K)

Official spelling by the big sandwich himself

Lihito had it on his fighting clothes in the tournament in the manga too, though Rihito just rolls better.
Karura makes sense as Karla due to Gracie family reference, but Karura fits her Japanese version of moniker, which was translated into "Succubus" by HNG, which carries the meaning, but not necessarily what kind of "succubus" it was - she was called after specific being that was tempting Buddha, which I think had traits of a Garuda, after which Japanese Karura are based.

Isnt Garuda a good guy though?

Kengan Omega is one of the rare examples of sequels done right

Karuras are good too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_(demon) This is what Karla is called, so actually unrelated to Garudas.

You know we often talk about fighters who'd make it in Kengan.
But what about Companies/Buisinessmen-women that could make it in the KA? Who would do great?

Maybe he'd still be alive if he just put one in Karla.
Just saying.

Also Ivans the uncle of the russian from Danberu.

Pretty sure she would have drained him as hard as Raian beat him up.

imagine having an orgasm while using the Advance

Getting an erection while in advance probably breaks your dick dude

i feel like youre missing the point. theres nothing of substance story wise and theres only cool fights is what im saying. yeah its all killer no filler but i wouldnt say its anything profound or interesting yknow? like dont go in expecting to actually be that engaged with it.

Raian is an EVIL piece of shit.
So is that nignog who killed tonguebro.
I absolutely cannot stand those bastards. I'm not much farther in the manga than where the "anime" left off but I hope they get seriously fucked up.

Attached: DP_-_Meguro_Masaki.png (505x505, 290K)

Muteba is based, get a clue

Why tf does Ohma have to die? His character has so much potential after regaining his memories.

He took an advance my dude, you don't get to do both

>based
HOW?

Muteba was putting down a rabid animal. How can you hate on Based Muteba?

Attached: 1543683831228.png (543x860, 303K)

Because a well rested Ohma with Demonsbane and control over what Advanced does would have been broken

because saying that a character needs to sacrifice their life span to fight and then not killing them off is literally the gayest shit

either keep reading or get better taste

How broken Ohma's and Karla's child could've been?

>Tfw you will never be strangled out by big titty mommy Meguro gf while she is mounting you sporting an ahegao face.

Attached: MeguroMommy2.png (292x593, 84K)

Cause you can only cheat for so long before reality pimp slaps you like Ohma found out

>It's like Baki before Baki became something it never became

>ahegao
shit taste

very few people read manga here also yes it is

Raian get his serving of humble pie eventually

Assuming it's a boy it's just be Cohma but instead of Advanced he uses Removal which is safer but has a time limit

You must've watched so much shit

Yes, very much so.

Honestly, I didn't find the sameface all that bad or even noticeable, outside of stuff like Cosmo and the doctor, who are VERY samefacey. Although that's worse in the anime than in the manga.

Adam got really fun once they eased back a bit on the eagleland shit and just made him one of the boys.

Attached: W7.png (847x1200, 956K)

>outside of stuff like Cosmo and the doctor, who are VERY samefacey
You mean they're not brothers and it hasn't been revealed yet?
Why is the Armin look so popular now?

Omega is dependant to Asura. You literally can't read Omega without reading Asura too.

then again, so was this edgelord

Attached: 267d253a114135b5fae6fea16296faaa.jpg (760x649, 131K)

Cosmo has a younger brother who got attended by the doc in one of the chapters from Vol. 0

>implying he's dead

>Shitting on Muteba
How can someone possibly have such shit taste?

Besides, Meguro had to be put down. Dude was long, long gone.

While the plot is very, very simple, you get a TON of solid character building moments. You keep reading because they make the characters likeable and interesting. Also, the omake chapters are some of the best stuff in the series.

Attached: pasted image 0.png (1212x920, 1.14M)

>hating on giganigga
That's some prime shit taste

Attached: 1543414374169.png (297x343, 98K)

But it isn't even the first volume ties it all up, MC got beat up by the Ashura MC who is dead now after the last Kengan Tournament here is some of the characters of that tournament that will now teach you and also some people from a shitty webcomic no one has ever read

Kengan Omega is as standalone as it can get as a sequel

Kazzy's growth is one of the most endearing aspect of Asura and t will be completely lost in Omega.

>Adam got really fun once they eased back a bit on the eagleland shit and just made him one of the boys.
constantly building up how AMERICAN he was only to reveal that all his skills came from playing hockey and not football is probably one of the funniest details in KA

>They failed
at everything

he's nicknamed The Genocider because he slays every pussy in the building

>having this much of a shit taste
even this faggot can enjoy the manga which is proof that it is really really good

Attached: muteba.png (761x860, 432K)

The only bad part of the manga is the Toyo takeover arc. Having every fighter in the series fight cannon fodder isn’t interesting. The ceo villain that was built up the entire tournament gets taken out like a bitch without any of the audience even knowing that he did anything.

>once they eased back a bit on the eagleland shit
After 2 years of living in Japan and associating with Saw Paing, Adam is practically naturalised.

Attached: 1546957601659.png (213x166, 24K)

But it's a myth.
He's nothing but forced diversity complete with DURR BBC bullshit and he raped those women.
Blacks need to be kept out of everything.
Some groups DON'T DESERVE REPRESENTATION
Fuck niggers.

And I can say that, because my dick objectively puts most men of ALL races to shame, and I'm white.
It's sick that a mangaka even buys into the jewish BBC meme and the character is a fucking stain on this manga.

It really shows he were outmatched, and not even by Metsudo, but by Nogi, whom he didn't even expected to be the one to destroy his plans.

i hope this post is ironic

Attached: 1549932177870.png (778x530, 341K)

At first they considered Russian mercenary, but decided that making African based on one of African Warlords, specifically pic related, known for his sexual exploits, is better.
And they were right.

Attached: His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord o (298x224, 3.59M)

Shortcuts can backfire hard.
He used the Possessing Spirit to fight above his skill level and abilities, but had to face the consequences of doing so later.

I finished it in one binge last night.

It was worth it, but you can safely skip about 33% of it, especially the "build ups" and "backstories" to the supporting characters who lose after one game.

Yamashita is the best character, though. Shame he got featured less and less towards the end of the comic.

It was a good decision. The russian merc thing is way overdone, so going with an African mercenary who also happens to be stylish as fuck was a more interesting move.

lmao when I'm talking about pussy I'm not just talking about women, you dumb fucking /pol/tard, I'm also talking about bitches like you

Attached: 1541031909594.png (400x390, 189K)

It's definitely better than ippo. I don't know if I like it more than Meguru, but Kengan is fucking awesome from the moment round 2 starts till it ends. Till round 2 it's a good action manga, but the second half is so fucking good. Like unbelievably fucking good.

Its not really notable for Meguro to have an ahegao face, given that that is his(her) normal expression.

Frump organization

>he considers fukkatsu no lelouch canon

New kid in Kengan Omega is going to be his son or clone or some bullshit it's already been foreshadowed from the start

Nothing quite hits the spot after reading Meguru and Kengan back to back. What should I read now?

Baki or Sun Ken Rock

>hating on based Mutebro.
The only nignog here is you.

merciless

Holy shit dude, you can stop samefagging any time, let it die.
Your nigger character sucks.

The other guy was probably samefagging, but I just joined the thread.
You're still a faggot for not liking Muteba.

>hating based Muteba

Teppu, it was canned and you can really tell this happened when you get to the end (and even a while before it honestly) but it's still an interesting read especially for fans of All Rounder Meguru.

Kek

All the dumbasses fighting each other in Ashura when they should have went for the easy option of knocking the announcer chick who was the chairmans daughter up

Tough, if you haven't already.

Jojos Bizarre Adventure part 1-6

He's just powernapping bro

She's already been gaped by Saw though

Attached: 1558127203062.jpg (370x380, 111K)

If you're serious you're fucking autistic. Is it seriously so hard to form your own opinion after reading a volume or two in less than 30 minutes?

Ohma blew his advance on some seriously retarded shit sometimes

are either the author or artist non-jap
I can't tell if it's a pen name or what

Give it a shot, and respect the BEARD.

Attached: MISFIRED.png (848x1200, 1.25M)

I can't imagine how much high school romcom/drama shit you've subjected yourself too

Author is jap but lived in the US for a bit

I'm pretty sure Sandwich is just a Russiaboo, not an actual Russian/hafu

Attached: oh boy time to die.jpg (624x966, 209K)

>recommends reading while spoiling one of the last fights

>ties against a teenage girl in a meat eating contest

is it as good as Kinnikuman?

Hibiki has Superman Syndrome, she's eating on the same level as a man to fuel all those muscles

I'd personally say that the unbelievably fucking good started during Sekibayashi vs Kiozan.

Attached: Kengan Asura_v10c076p22.png (2264x1599, 2.49M)

He's a new IP.

You're not wrong. Seki is a fucking LAD.

The real crime here is that some of the direction is really solid but the CGI ruins the whole thing.

Stories are subject to changing times, but good characters are forever.

>that smile
fucking national treasure that kure clan, I tell ya

Attached: 1540403729564.png (750x350, 260K)

Kure-sensei gets more screen time in the next episode of dumbell.

It felt like the story was pushing Ohma with Kaede for a very brief part of the pre-tournament section but then it's dropped and Kaede also moreorless is dropped from the narrative altogether to focus more on Ohma & Kazuo

my dick cant wait