He doesn't own a CRT for watching old anime

>he doesn't own a CRT for watching old anime
What's your excuse, Yea Forums? I guess you don't really like anime after all.

Attached: 1548890563400.jpg (500x557, 66K)

I do, but I don't have a high quality player or a time base corrector to be able to recover compromised tapes.

t.boomer

I love CRTs, but the bad quality doesn't come from the screen, it's the VHS that got played over and over. If you want that, you can look for VHS recordings.

>watching anime on a CTR instead of watching it aired week by week.
guess you dont love anime either

>He doesn't buy the original cels and rebuild the entire anime with the drawings to experience it as the artist truly intended
There's no other way to watch old anime

Anyone who loves noise (including grain), artifacts, or other unintended flaws is a fucking retard by the way

*CRACK*
*SIP*
CRT DOES ARE THE BEST TV’S
ALL THESE STUPID ZOOMERS WITH THEIR 4K OLEDS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE MISSING

Enjoy your eye cancer.

Because I have vastly superior OLED.

I tried watching old anime on my dad's CRT, but I can't stand the flicker. Is this a common thing for CRTs to do, or just a low quality model?

Attached: 14939583851769.webm (1024x576, 2.63M)

You weak zoomer eyes just can't take it.

Banasonic :DDDDD

The flicker is/was a common problem. 50/60Hz is not pleasant to look at, but there are 100Hz sets.

I'm surprised you picked that and not the obvious scanning noise. Someone your age ought to be incredibly bothered by that.

>not enjoying the flicker
>not submitting yourself to the pre 2000s psyops
you might as well narutard run into the military base you fucking pleb

I actually miss lightguns. Fucking shooting with a wiimote in umbrella chronicles was the absolute crap.

Don't listen to the autistic purists, there's a reason everyone switched over to flatscreens the second they got into the same price range as CRTs. CRTs are a really fucking clever way to make images with nothing more than some materials and knowhow, but we've moved passed that for a reason.

t. 30 year old boomer who remembers what real eye strain was

are they even still sold?

Sold? We used to give them away for free.

Can't wait for MicroLED tech to take off.
The black levels and contrast of OLED/CRT without the burn-in.

Sounds nice. In the next 5 years?

Attached: 1563277725967.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

Make it 20.

i dont know what anime this is but i hope shes tying a noose for me

it's probably just old if its visible, crt's degrade over time
but you can also change the refresh rate, you'll want it at least past 72hz with a crt, his could be possibly set to 48

iirc my crt monitors were 144hz when lcd or led were only doing 60hz, they had a performance enthusiast vibe for a short while in the late 2000s because of that

sometimes I get nostalgic for CRTs but only real downside of them prevents me from ever picking up another
they're just so heavy for their size
a 24 inch crt tv was considered pretty large, and they were
you can easily pick up a 24 inch modern monitor with one hand, but a crt? you really gotta carry that weight.

they don't give a shit about having tennis balls whipped at them though which was a nice perk, easy to put plexiglass over an lcd though

imagine not knowing how to change your settings and blaming the innocent old tech for your eye strain

Imagine having a zoomer daughter-wife and confuse her with boomer stuff

hinako note

Attached: 14985437685093.webm (1024x576, 2.88M)

What an uncomfortable anime this was.

Attached: 14985437685683.webm (1024x576, 2.35M)

You're clueless. Like, totally clueless.
The reason people switched to LCD was because they were more compact, had fewer distortion issues and could do large screen sizes more easily.
That's it.
CRT was superior in every other respect for another decade at least, and still is for some things. In fact LCD only became relevant slowly with the FullHD standard.
Relevant, not better.
>resolution
>contrast
>reaction times
>color fidelity
>frequency/frame-rate
CRTs were vastly superior in all of those fields until circa 2005.

CRTs have reached their peak though.. there wa sno more room for improvement, unlike TFTs, as we can see these days when TFTs are generally superior, but it was a long road, and they've also hit the wall with backlit screens.
t. guy that actually knows shit about display technologies

They're terrible. I'm an old guy. I remember what an improvement it was to move to flat panel.

For illustration purposes:
my last CRT monitor was 21" 1600x1200 @ 100Hz, with near infinite contrast.
This compares very favorably to a standard 21.5" 1920x1080 @ 60Hz LCD with 1000:1 contrast.

>fewer distortion
That's kinda relative, though. a crt picture was distorted internally, while tfts suffer from distorted colors depending on viewing angle.

>line by line refresh vs. fullscreen
>energy consumption
>hot
>complex to produce because of many components
>emitted high freq. radiation

>t. guy that actually knows shit about display technologies
Lurk more at /g/ big guy

Way to dab on these retards.

That's an issue how? Both has advantages and disadvantages. No defective pixels in a CRT for instance, but no doubt, having three electron cannons fire the pixels into your eyes at ludicrous speeds is both impressive and scary. Also where the radiation comes from, but it's fairly negligible. Scanning also gave us stuff like light guns, which are pretty ingenious actually.
Energy consumption and temperature is a little higher for comparable screens, but who really cares about that. Plasma is a real pimp technology despite it, but there's no denying modern TFTs are very efficient.
Now complexity?
I say with some confidence that TFTs are more complex to build.
A CRT is just a phosphor coated glass screen, mask to align the beam and pixels, a strong electro magnet and 3 electron cannons, front to back. That's actually pretty simple, but also why there was no more potential for improvement.

This isn't even your picture

properly configured crts don't have a problem with line by line refresh flickering, infact that line by line refresh rate is arguably a feature.
can't play duck hunt on a panel
>energy consumption
sure, but nobody really gives a shit about that short of office buildings, it's just a perk
>hot
I don't remember CRTs ever getting noticeably hot
maybe you're thinking of plasma? those fucking things shoot out more heat than a space heater is capable of
>complex to produce
they're not though
>radiation meme
while technically true, not in harmful amounts
fucking bananas emit radiation

maybe you should go grab a crt off the side of the road and plug it in instead of getting all your information from trolls on /g/

Why should I submit to a nostalgia I never enjoyed?

>Implying I don’t

Why, yes, I watch pre digital 4:3 Televised anime on its original display technology, how can you tell?

Attached: 05C0CC4E-348A-48FD-B089-069F50720AD4.jpg (2048x1536, 513K)

480i is a tricky mistress.

it made my dick uncomfortably hard

I dont need CRT. I use this instead
profile=gpu-hq
hwdec=d3d11va
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
linear-downscaling=no
deband=no
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=48
deband-range=16
deband-grain=0
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/Shaders\SSimDownscaler.glsl"

Is this a Poltergeist reference

Shaders can’t emulate that experience.

Why not just pick a large 33" old tv instead of those tiny ones?

They can make it better

Whats up with yer tracking dawg?

Have another 32" in the shed since I don't want to throw it away and a 12" in the garage that I use often. Have two vcr's and a dvd player that I never hooked back up after putting wood floors in.

Attached: 20190817_084658.jpg (2560x1440, 954K)

damn nice cock

>Marathoning the entirety of Trigun on VHS with friends staying up all night.

God I miss those days.

Thanks.

Attached: 20190817_085725.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

I'm sure you can easily emulate high pitched noise with filters.

I use CRT to play melee

>2019
>not watching on a tube.
Most kids never knew the joys of the warm glow.

Attached: 20190817_094108.jpg (2560x1440, 931K)

Eh, stuff like old games were made with CRTs in mind and it's just weird going and playing something like Mega Man X on modern TV. That's why they always have to add scanlines and other filter options and it never quite works.

Why did they censor it?

So they could uncensor for the DVD release.

Attached: ebffde8f7bd4db5e10584cb30f1ad3d5.jpg (2424x3468, 1.6M)

I wish there was a place where you could download VHS rips of fansubs etc from back in the day. That side of thing fascinates me. I used to have a fansubbed VHS version of Serial Experiments Lain that i got from some sleazy market and i regret throwing them out.
CRTs however I can do without, the 15khz whine grates my ears.

Jesus Christ, you're retarded. How about stop lurking /g/? It's pretty clearly frying your brain.

nice :DD

If you need a screen that makes the experience less clear to enjoy the show than the animation was probably nothing worth watching in the first place.

>bathing without suit
Roastie whore
I bet she has 28 sorts of STD's.

scan line filters are always really over the top, it's like they think darkening the whole image is what does it
you gotta CRANK that contrast too

Some user posted Lain VHS some time ago.
But now that I look at it it only had spanish subs and the quality is truly bad.

>less clear
What are you on?

man of discerning taste

fuckin hawt

>he doesn't own a TV released in every year from 1960 to now so he can watch anime on a TV from the same year it released

based and scanlinepilled

>watching eva at 10pm on my 21" fd trinitron
>brights scenes lighting up the entire room
>visible scanlines
Is this peak anime kino?

Attached: IMG_20190729_1129351.jpg (3996x2664, 1.4M)

It's true CRTs have inferior sharpness to TFTs, but it's not a strict disadvantage.
Low resolutions look better when it's a little fuzzy and you don't need Anti-Aliasing as badly that way.
In most other scenarios the absolute sharpness of TFTs is an advantage though.

sexy af

>those arms
Do some push-ups, holy shit

What Super Famicom games?

I'm glad OLED and soon Micro LED TVs are bringing the brightness effect back. In the days when CRT TVs were commonplace you'd be going for an evening walk in the neighborhood and see flashing light out the windows.