Jojo

Part 4:
- good start
- absolute shit early mid and late mid, with shit minor villains, except for like 2 fights
- 10/10 endgame

Part 5:
- great start
- one of the strongest mids in the series, with constant quality fights and good minor antagonists
- weaker endgame, focused more on characters than actual battle, still with great visuals and moments
- kino epilogue, but it's placing at the very end is kinda strange

Why do contrarians like to shit so much on part5 while praising the trainwreck that is 4?

Attached: GoldenWind-Promo.png (1500x1876, 2.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H7zOgmdBFeo
youtu.be/zJYmqBx46t4?t=120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

coz trannies love it and I hate trannies

>and good minor antagonists
lol who

both are shit

>Part 5
>Good start
Lmao literally the most boring until chapter 20-something, made me drop it until recently

Attached: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (434x400, 12K)

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Shigechi (mente maestra revelado) > Hayato (violado) > Shinobu Kawajiri (with a flip-flop) > rat > Masazo Kinoto (revivido) > Koichi (revelado acto 4)

I'll bite, but unironically saying that villains like Prosciutto, Pesci and Risotto are not some o the best in the series is just plain retardism.
>boring
Yea Forums has the capeshit just perfect for you

>risotto
>antagonist

Attached: 1565190099445.jpg (296x369, 31K)

Thank you, but I already enjoy my hero acapeshitdemia

>Prosciutto, Pesci and Risotto
I only remember who risotto is out of them, rest are pt 5 tier,VAfags love to pretend its jobbers aren't MOTW garbage filler but they're some of the worst the series has to offer

Attached: 1552245076649.jpg (437x435, 80K)

>with shit minor villains, except for like 2 fights
You mean part 5 right? The only good fights were risotto and the train fight

I've read Part 5 and got halfway through the anime before I dropped it, everyone is completely irrelevant and forgettable.

>he didn’t like White Album and Little Feet

>NO, HOW DARE YOU NOT AGREE WITH MY JOJOTUBER TIER OPINION THESE MEDIOCRE FIGHTS ARE THE BEST?
Mannish boy, J Geil and Allessi were way better

>White Album
asspull after asspull, very mediocre fight ruined by giorno
>little feet
straight up garbage, googoo dolls was better

Part 5 barely has a plot or character development.

>anime stops airing
>part5fags are reduced to just a couple of cultist, outnumbered in their own thread
pt5lovers are animeonlies confirmed

>Why do contrarians like to shit so much on part5 while praising the trainwreck that is 4?
worst jojo, worst main villain, shaky character motivation, absolute garbage and anticlimactic ending filled with plot conveniences, absolutely no connection or major impact on the main jojo-verse. considering all of the above VA overall has an unenjoyable story and the only thing it has going for it are good fight scenes and a couple of interesting characters which isn't enough to save the part. whereas DIU has a good portagonist and antagonist and a somewhat satisfying conclusion, better than VA at least. also get out of your echo chamber part 5 being shit isn't an unpopular opinion

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-144218.jpg (1077x1080, 91K)

based

Ah yes, Mannish Moy, with the retarded Hierophant Green asspull, where being knocked out doesn't turn off your stand like it was established. And the alessi fight where all of Polnareff's efforts were ultimately useless because Jotaro just ora ora'd the battle yet again.
J. Geil is kino and the exception, the rest were shit

>asspull after asspull,
Name one

there is nothing wrong witth Jotaro beating him up, Polnareff was too small to do anything by then
Mista just taking all that damage like its nothing

The battle was about resolve user

ah yes, of course. i guess Polnareff didn't have enough resolve to walk when he got his thigh erased

A major turn-off for part 5 was the motivation of Giorno and him having a dream, like ever other fucking Shonen main character out there. And just like them, he manages to obtain ultimate powers that is literally too OP to appear in the next part.
The other main Joestars just wanted to live their lives but, almost by fate, get themselves in a situation they cant get out of, so they have to get through it, with the help of others from previous parts, while expanding the universe. Its great because there is no alternator motive for them, its just that they want to live in peace.

>Mista taking a lot of damage is an asspull
>Any other character in the series taking tons of damage is not
I remember Jotaro with holes in him still beating up Kira but the contrarias weren't there to kvetch

>>Mista taking a lot of damage is an asspull
Mista taking a lot of damage LIKE ITS NOTHING is an asspull, Jotaro fell like a plank after he beat kira up

Giorno was just a catalyst for the other characters' arcs. Bruno saving his soul, Abbachio finding his truth and Narancia fighting and falling alongside a family.

Is this supposed to make him look better in your opinion?

The whole scene lasted a few seconds of in universe time, and he would have died if Giorno wasn't there to fix him up. Identical to the Jotaro scene, the only difference is that part 5 is currently popular so it's fun to pick on it.

He's just like Jonathan, more of a bundle of qualities and principles to drive the themes and the ones around him rather than a character per se.

Him moving around as if he was fine is a ok because Giorno stu fixed him up later?
> part 5 is currently popular so it's fun to pick on it.
maybe in jojotuber circles you frequent
No he isn't, Jotaro is trying to do right in the face of misdeeds done to him, giorno wants to be gang star just because and he's willing to kill for it. Jonathan would slap Giorno for being a cunt.

*jonathan

>Him moving around as if he was fine is a ok because Giorno stu fixed him up later?
>as if he was fine
Not only we had speedreaders, now we also have speedwatchers
>jojotubers
That's the best you can come up with?

There is literally nothing memorable about white album, it's the definition of a mediocre fight

Kira > Diavolo
Kira's OP >>>>>>>>>>>>> Diavolo's OP, they aren't even comparable.

absolutely no arguments as expected from a 5nigger

Fpbp

He may not be an antagonist yet he's not an ally either, he does share similar goals with the main crew tho

>worst villain
Diavolo had a cool design, a cool reveal, a cool gimmick and a cool stand. The anime made me like him even more than in the manga.
>filled with plot convenience
Say hi to part 2.
>no connection to the main jojo-verse
Who cares if it's self-contained or not.
>unenjoyable story
I mean yea, the story seems kind of an excuse for Araki to show character quirks and interesting fights but I think those characters and fights can compensate the lack of a good story.

>calls you a nigger
A retards always shows itself, sooner or later.

What an Ironic response

embarassing post

>shaky character motivation
It was at this point that I knew you were just baiting

Ah yes, because
>think of the children ;(
is great motivation, now I know for certain you're baiting
stop replying to him, you're doing the same shit

this is what i hate about diavolo, he has no personality, his character is just his stand and his double identity. we only know that he wants to be an emperor which is a pretty bland fucking goal, i dont get how people like him
>say hi to part 2
you see the secret here is that part 2 is supposed to be pure fun and not as serious as VA. also just pure dumb luck is more acceptable than fate saying nono and giving the ultimate fuck you to the main villain

I thought part 4 had one of the weakest starts. Josuke's intro was lame, I didn't like him at first (but grew to like him over the course of the part). Angelo was lame but his fight was ok. I liked that Angelo used the rain to his advantage. Also I thought the endgame was fine, but I don't really like Kira. He gets on my nerves, not because he's really good at being a villain, but because he's dumb.

Part 5 fag here and I have to do my rant about Giorno.
I liked the fights, the characters but I needed to share my thoughts on the MC :

I know that the lack of Dio throughout the whole is supposed to make Giorno "Stand Out" but still... He's the son of DIO, yet there are only a few references to this in part 5 (besides the photo, Jotaro and the symbolism).
I wish Giorno's character was someone with Evil roots rising up to be more good and fighting against the expectations of others due to his father. I mean we kinda see that with Jotaro and Koichi's dialogue really quickly and then it becomes relevant. Maybe that's what his character is supposed to be, there are just not enough implications. His duality with Diavolo is supposed to be "JeSus and the DeVil" but besides being a simple reference, it could have been more meaningfull, maybe by showing the boss in shadows explaining his ideals which happen to be the opposite of Giorno. (Maybe change Giorno's ideals too).

part 5 fag here
how do you fix an outstretched anus?

Google it

>>think of the children ;(
retard. every character had clear motivaions spelled out by Araki and retards like you still speedwatched through them

those are the motivations of both bruno and giorno

Bruno was also conflicted because he wa literally serving the organisation that indirectly killed his father.

not a motivation

3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4

The retards that complain about part 5 not being connected to the main universe are the same retards that like part 7. Gas yourselves.

This.

absolutely this, if you hate part 5 youre a reasonable human being and can appreciate part 7 which is leagues above VA

>can appreciate part 7
C'mon everyone besides contrarians think part 7 is the best, it's no surprise.

7 is the only good part other than 5 though

>character's internal conflict
>not a motivation
This board gets more retarded as the days pass

internal conflict is a character trait not motivation retard

8 is better than 7

fpbp

How do we fix part 5, bros?
rules: no ''muh drugs'' plot, Giorno being Dio's son is actually relevant, GE is limited and consistent, antagonist is active and interesting.

meanwhile part 4 has hazamada, the guilt lock, superfly and cheap trick
absolute trash nobody would reread in 20 years

I think the stand concepts stood out more than the actual users in part 4. Part 3 had this problem but still managed to make some interesting characters

Superfly is way fucking better than people give it credit for. One of the more engaging fights in part 4 imo.

4 is the worst part. Ill continue saying it. Kira is a absolute GOAT villain but its the worst part and anything before his ending/certain interactions sucks pure ass. The first part is ass as fuck besides Bad Company and the stands the dad sends after them are boring as fucking shit and the fact people jerk to the baby catch scene is proof how little part 4 fags care for fight substance.

To be fair, DiU is clearly trying to be less focused on fights, and more on the novelty of having a town full of stand users.
Though that fails when most of the characters themselves are lame.

Yeah, part 4 wants to be character focused but doesn't want to make the characters interesting. It falls apart.

Attached: 1565831037499.png (509x593, 333K)

Absolutamente Basado y Rojopastillado

Genes don't make you evil you dope

- absolute shit early mid and late mid, with shit minor villains, except for like 2 fights
nah i would say that slice of life episodes are good but after the koichi vs kira it became kinda shit with exceptions like the highway star battle or the janken kid
i agree that the epilogue is good but still the giorno vs diavolo fight was shit and GER ability is an asspull

white album was also kino, rissotto too

>Part 5 barely has a plot
false
>or character development.
true

>DIU has a good portagonist
I agree, Koichi was very good

It really comes from Araki improvising the story on a week-by-week basis, like when he wrote Cinderella without having any idea that he'd need a face-swapping stand for Kira in just a few chapters. I'm not going to shit on Araki for writing in an enjoyable way but I wish we could've seen a planned storyline with more Keicho and Akira shenannigans that segue smoothly into the Kira arc

Good morning Yea Forums.

Attached: doppiofication_pwbnqgUBDI1y4bo00o1.jpg (1280x512, 168K)

Diavolo confirmed original personality

>no parts 4 and 5 with part 8 tier writing

I just want to see RHCP roaming around Morioh doing whatever the fuck he wants while Josuke and co. scramble to find his identity. Also more fights for Okuyasu please

Dude, hear me out, what if both personalities are the originals ones but he only showed one (Dopplio) during all his life?

What is it with Yea Forumsermin flooding Yea Forums with endless shonen threads

What was the traumatic event that resulted in the split then?

When is Araki going to confirm Doppio is the original

>Adopted children may struggle with self-esteem and identity development issues more so than their non-adopted peers. Identity issues are of particular concern for teenagers who are aware that they are adopted and even more so, for those adopted in a closed or semi-open circumstance. Such children often wonder why they were given up for adoption. They may also wonder about what their birth family looks like, acts like, does for a living, etc.

Attached: 550030.jpg (1334x750, 208K)

>Hazamada is absolute trash
You’re absolute trash for saying that.

Attached: 9A7030EA-7F73-4177-855C-24463EF6A830.png (1000x1000, 935K)

The way I imagine it is that the personality that would become Diavolo was hiding even from Doppio because he realized that Doppio's innocence was the perfect cover for his evil deeds.
Then when their mother was discovered he revealed himself and convinced Doppio that everyone was against them and.

youtu.be/H7zOgmdBFeo
anyone know what ost plays from 0:00 - 1:14

Anyone know the piano OST that plays in this scene at the 2:00 mark?
>youtu.be/zJYmqBx46t4?t=120
It's so ominous, I love it.

>LIKE ITS NOTHING is an asspull, Jotaro fell like a plank after he beat kira up
And Mista fucking fell unconscious and got healed by Giorno.

I bet it was learning about his mother being a prisoner.
This created two strong desires within him, to be a simple mild-mannered boy, and to wipe the slate of his past.

t. scratches his nuts in front of girls

The criminal empire bit probably was a means to the end of not only sustaining himself ("being at the apex", never having to worry about money or safety); but also of controlling information and society to suppress his past.

What villains do you like?

The ones who actually fuck the girls.

Attached: j geil.jpg (709x631, 308K)

Determinazione (Determination)
Pensare (Think)

t. Disgusting rapist and serial killer.

Based and climaxpilled

part 5 became shit the moment koichi left

Attached: 1555794366213.png (612x398, 248K)

He should’ve stuck around long enough to get brutally killed by la squadra.

fpbp how will 5tards recover

Because DIU is good and GW is not.

Attached: 86394126-60C3-460E-9FFF-9FC0890B40C4.jpg (1200x1187, 228K)

>CHADICHI
>getting killed by la jobba
You 'avin a giggle mate?

Attached: dio koichi face.png (1448x1080, 1.06M)

Koichi could solo every last one of them.

Can I skip part 6 now? I've gotten to just after the part where the first villain turns jo bro and I'm just not feeling this part at all? I dislike all the characters so far and hate the prison setting. Would I be missing out on much if I just read a summary of the part and start with P7 since people seem to rant and rave about it.

Can I skip part 1 now? I've gotten to just after the part where the first villain turns jo bro and I'm just not feeling this part at all? I dislike all the characters so far and hate the England setting. Would I be missing out on much if I just read a summary of the part and start with P7 since people seem to rant and rave about it.

Technically you can skip it, since it doesn't continue into future parts.

>he doesn't understand rolling stones

Mista was never going to die so that's how he was able to take asspull enough damage to survive. Hackraki at it again.

That doesn't address his point at all.

Can I skip part 3 now? I've gotten to just after the part where the first villain turns jo bro and I'm just not feeling this part at all? I dislike all the characters so far and hate the Earth setting. Would I be missing out on much if I just read a summary of the part and start with P7 since people seem to rant and rave about it.

Cringe

This is the dumbest thing anyone has done in jojo that wasn't played as joke.

Attached: Volume 13 - Sky High!.cbz-Volume 13 - Sky High!-so_color_v13_076.jpg (1560x1200, 1.22M)

Can I skip part 5 now? I've gotten to just after the part where the first villain turns jo bro and I'm just not feeling this part at all? I dislike all the characters so far and hate the Italy setting. Would I be missing out on much if I just read a summary of the part and start with P7 since people seem to rant and rave about it.

Yeah skip it. It's not canon.

Fuck you faggot I've enjoyed every part up until this point. Go kick rocks

>I'll bite, but unironically saying that villains like Prosciutto, Pesci and Risotto are not some o the best in the series is just plain retardism.

they're not even close, fuck off

I memeing your post because you're complaining about something that happens almost every part

people that think part 1 is the best part just want to fuck jonathan

prove me wrong

Oh ok, carry on

Well jonathan is straight and there are no girls on Yea Forums so thats impossible

>He's the son of DIO

Yes and that's not what the story is about.

Joseph is best Joestar and Caesar is top 3 joebros you cannot refute this

Attached: aae3e2ec60c66a9d2b1d1f271934c124.jpg (811x1165, 212K)

cringe

>or character development.
jojo doesn't have any good character development save for koichi

Joseph > Josuke > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno

Based.

this is the only good post in this thread

Accurate

Why can't Viz just release all the volumes of a part at once are we really going to be waiting another five years for part 5 and 6 to get released I'll be an old man by then

pretty much
terrible post, son i am dissapoint

Part 7 and 8 has tons of character development

user, you are told that Giorno has incredible charisma. It doesn’t matter that he never shows it.

Part 4 also has Keicho, Akira, Yuya, and Enigma

Is put part 3 jotaro under Jonathan, but Jotaro improves if you count later appearances.

>koichi
>good character development
b8

I meant that people expect him to be evil since he's the son and he's going to show the world that he has that joestar blood in him.

The Lock is one of the few Part 4 arcs I would rewatch because the anime did such a great job with it. Other than that, half of the fights in Part 4 are boring.

>Surface
>Superfly
>Cheap Trick
>Love Deluxe

love deluxe isn't a fight and the rest are great

>love deluxe isn't a fight
Are you thinking of Cinderella?

The epilogue was the lamest part. It’s a flashback so we know nothing will happen to the characters, the fight was lame it’s just Mista wrestling with a rock, and nothing was accomplished or learned. The reader all ready knows all those characters will die, seeing them on a rock shows literally nothing.
I can’t believe we got that garbage instead of a real epilogue. We never see what happened to Trish, and we never see Mista react to Bruno’s death.

Yes? Wasn't that her stand?

Part 4 is more consistent than part 3 but SHA, Highway Star and BtD are the only top tier arcs.

JoJo is the most intelligent shounen ever written. Can you name a better shounen than this? The answer is no, you can't. The fight scenes are so much better than any other shounen fights. These fight scenes are written with brain and intelligence. They're very original fight scenes and don't follow a traditional fight scene formula in any way. Dragon Ball can go fuck itself. Also, the JoJo fanbase are some of the nicest and most intelligent people you will meet on the internet. We just want to have fun and share our fun little memes. I want to marry Araki, but that's muda for me unfortunately. Also, I like gay guys.

>and we never see Mista react to Bruno’s death.
That's one of the biggest blunders of Part 5 in my opinion. None of Bruno's gang is shown reacting to Bruno's death, even though they are all supposed to be really close to him.

Part 3 is the most consistently good part in terms of fights. The worst fights of Part 3 are on par with some of the mid-tier fights of other parts.

>- absolute shit early mid and late mid
dropped

part 4 gets good after the slog that are the early episodes.

Your opinion is irrelevant to real life

Cinderella is Aya's stand. Love Deluxe is Yukako's stand.

yikes

Wheel of fortune is easily the worst fight in the series

Wheel of Fortune was great

Jonathan vs snakehead guy, Lisa lisa vs knob guy, shovel dude vs Giorno and many more are worse

It's not even the worst fight in the part. What do you have against WoF?

The shovel dude wasn't even a fight nigga

The chucky ripoff was way worse.
Worst stand too.

There's something to be said about Jojo villains constantly missing the vitals, but what was the point of trapping Polnareff in one place if he was gonna miss like every single stab on him? At least I'm pretty sure he never actually hurt him until Chariot appeared on top of the bed

Polnareff had his leg cut before he got tied up under the bed.

whatever you say, nigga

No it wasn't, it had a cool gimmick of a weak stand using its smarts to outwit Polnareff and it also had no asspull wich automatically makes it better than most fights

little feet was one of my least favourite fights to be honest. I feel like it was dragged on too long for formaggio's simple ability in contrast to the rest of the characters in part 5. tiziano and squalo was the better narancia fight

goo goo dolls is little feet but not shit

the cream fight was kino as fuck. polnareff is based

For sure. One of the best fights in the series with some of the highest stakes.

the abillity of the requiem is to grant yourself an asspull. think about what the arrow did for kira and polnareff. btd and scr both had flaws though which aren't as prominent when looking at ger though.

Unironically more entertaining than most of the fights in 5. Fact.

Araki draws feet weird

Attached: r.png (531x265, 123K)

I really loved little feet, yeah it was a little dragged, but the final shot of them standing one in front of the other is top tier, and has to be atleast in my top 3 fights of vento aureo.

Araki did much better at elevating the stakes and tension of a battle in the Cream fight by killing Avdol in 10 seconds than in the D'arby fights which were built around fighting for the souls of the crusaders in a much more obvious way.

Not really, the fight has 0 entretainment value besides the bar scene , but i can agree its better than kraftwerk , soft machine and maybe man in the mirror.

Imagine being lucky enough to get a stand and it turns out to be this piece of useless shit

Attached: FunFunFun.PNG.png (298x494, 160K)

His life was turned upside down for the best because he saved a Gangster him wanting to become one is totally understanble

>requiem
>kira

In my headcannon the user always love their stand, because its a literal representaion of your soul , so its based on thing you like and personality.

>the fight has 0 entretainment
It's packed to the brim with action and suspense. What sort of things do you consider entertaining?

I like to think that too, but then you have cheap trick which killed its original user
But maybe he was suicidal like Highway to Hell or something

We are told that the mysterious gangster ''straightened his heart'' from a path to ruin and then he proceeds to become a tourist scammer and thief. But Araki is completely oblivious to this and it's all handwaved away because Giorno has to be a perfect little boyscout saint by the end even tho it makes no sense. All of his ''''development'''' is completed in a page of backstory and it is dumb as hell.

Suspense, when? Jotaro on fire? i knew from the start it wasnt him, and yeah its action packed, like almost every other fight from jojo.

>Suspense, when?
When they suddenly lose the car and don't know where it went, when they all get shot by something but don't know what so they have to run away
Its a fun fight

Ah i forgot about cheap trick, yeah it was fucked up being killed by your own stand ,fuck araki. But i think its the only exception, right?

>stand users love their stands
>fugo exists

Attached: 1554411806197.png (523x554, 178K)

>not finding the whole cliff-hanging scene absolutely hilarious or the fact that the driver turns out to be some puny mook trying to compensate with a giant arm
Shame.

The whole thing is suspenseful. The mysterious car, being chased around, falling off the cliff etc.
>and yeah its action packed, like almost every other fight from jojo.
So now you're saying almost every other fight from jojo has 0 entertainment value?

Holly exists
And it must have been a self harming type because theres no way that 2 babies have more "fighting spirit" than a grown woman

Yeah its a fun fight, i never called it bad, but it isn that memorable. Hanged man its a good example of a better minor villain fight.

Holly was being harmed because she couldn't control her stand. Same thing happened to Josuke.

Didn't Fugo use his stand normally? He was just afraid of it because it was a representation of his rage, or was it explicitly stated he hated his stand? I don't remember

Gee I sure wish that concept was actually explored or developed in some way. Atleast he left the plot conscious it was all going to shit from that point on so respect for that.

>So now you're saying almost every other fight from jojo has 0 entertainment value?
You are missing the point, saying its action packed doesnt bring anything new to the table, "hey it has action" its not saying that much, because its almost the norm to have action during a fight.

Abacchio says he has trouble controlling it which is why he rarely uses it, since a single fuck up could kill himself and his whole team

But we aren't talking about whether or not the fight brought something new to the table. We're talking about if it has entertainment value or not.

Is it ever said that he disliked his stand though?

Not that I can recall, but you can re-read man in the mirror if you want to be sure, its the only time purple haze is talked about

Its entertaining, i was just exagerating that it has 0 value, but its a meh fight, Like tower of gray or yellow temperance.

Part 5 always was and still is the worst Jojo part. Kill yourself zoomer.

The worst thing about wheel of fortune is being pretty generic for a mid-late stand battle.
There's a definitively a formula to jojo fights, but this one was was almost like an entire joke.
>that guy in the car might've been a stand user, i wonder what his powers are
>oh his stand is just a fucking car
>let's all laugh at him for 5 minutes

pretty sure a stand that is a manifestation of only your negative characteristics would be deserving of your hate, also noncanon but look at purple haze feedback

>nips love it
>zoomers love it
>casuals love it

Seems like your the one who needs to kys grandpa

avengers films are beloved too, besides noone liked 5 before the anime and now that vatards have been going back to jojotuber comment sections its getting shat on on Yea Forums

The problem isn't that he has an actual motivation, the problem is that it is utter shit. Of all the parts to delve into the purest teenagers fight god kakugou moralizing shonen-faggotry, I didn't expect it to be the one dealing with gangs and the mc being an implied criminal. Fuck VA, it's a complete waste of Giorno.

It's not like there wasn't an actual fight. The comic relief was only at the end, after he was defeated.

Sure, I recommend reading the Gyro gets killed by Valentine on the wikia, there's a fairly good synopsis about how Johnny learns to walk again, because Diego Brando comes back with The World at the end of the race.

>everybody loves it so it's the best!!
This happens with every new jojo part summerfag

>nips love it
Opinion discarded.

>part 6 anime is announced
>DP says they're working with Araki to adapt the manga as it was originally intended
>Anassui remains a girl
How do you feel?

>adapt the manga as it was originally intended
>Anassui remains a girl
That is contradictory

Or you can read Purple Haze Feedback, which offers a lot of insight into Fugo.

But it's all made up.

i don't give a shit about "it hit him and not his stand" bs. it works almost exactly the same way as a requiem with the only exception being the lack of a change in appearance.

Just like you need to read Rohan special to understand his character, right?

It works nothing like Requiem. There is almost nothing in common.

Fugo being diddled as a kid is what Araki wanted.

At least those are canon.

>get pierced by arrow and gain new abilities
hmmmmm

Imagine thinking the Lock, which is used by the absolute worst and most forgettable character in not only Part 4 but in JoJo in general, is a better concept or fight or arc or idea than Superfly. Cringe and bluepilled user, shit taste.

Like the original?

Giorno and Polnareff never got pierced by the arrow

Read part 6, it gets good after a while.

>taste that differs from my own detected
>run buzzword.exe
>print "cringe and bluepilled"

The Lock is one of the most creative stands

VAfags are just NPCs, don't try to actually discuss them

>villain kills zeppeli jobro
not even a spoiler

Good point.

let's go through it
>requiems, once stabbing the stand, give the user an ability that the user desperately needs at that moment
>polnareff's requiem was a stand that protected the arrow, which was what he was fighting diavolo for
>giorno's requiem allowed him to defeat the boss, avenge his friends and end the parts of the mafia he didn't like
>when kira stabbed himself with the arrow, he got bites the dust, which got him out of the situation he had when he killed hayato and would have allowed to him continue living a quiet life.
The only issue is that Kira got fucked by the nature of how his "requiem" worked. He was doomed to fail if he used BtD forever, as Hayato literally could not fail if he had a theoretically infinite amount of attempts. That wasn't what Kira wanted though, he wanted BtD to give him time to think of a way to dispose of Josuke's group in his own time. He just got outsmarted by an 11 year old.

it was their stands instead of their actual bodies. the concept is very similar and the only real difference is that the stand's appearance changes in the form of a part 5 requiem.

I think Josuke's savior gave him courage.
Giorno was probably born after Dio got TW so he got his own stand at birth.

>requiems, once stabbing the stand, give the user an ability that the user desperately needs at that moment
No they don't.

Realistically, anyone would eventually be corrupt with a stand. Do you really think Jotaro would just stop using his stand after Part 3? In reality, with a power that great anyone would fall to crime or at LEAST abuse to earn money.

Attached: 4e93bb18ac6ccd98e8fe9237976217ce (1).jpg (894x894, 109K)

Actually I was wrong, Dio got stabbed in 1989 so idk.
I guess it Holly's stand was harming her.(probably due to her selfless nature)

By harming her I meant as part of her ability.

Part 5 stumbles on the fundamentals. Puts Giorno, who is explicitly the main character, in a support position but still acts like he's the main character and can not stop sucking him off at every opportunity. Diavolo's motivations and actions are all over the fucking place and genuinely don't make sense half the time. And the climax is just genuinely worse, Silver Chariot Requiem is convoluted and bizarre for no fucking reason whatsoever, everything to do with the Arrow and Gold Experience Requiem is underwhelming and doesn't feel earned, and Sleeping Slaves is awkwardly placed and really only serves to further elevate Giorno as the only reason the mission was a success. Almost everything Part 5 stumbles on Part 4 did way better. Overall Part 5 has better individual fights but the actual meat and potatoes are a lot better in Part 4.

Polnareff specifically says that Requiem stands come from your stand getting pierced, NOT the user. The stand being stabbed is the focal point.

Jotaro would never need to do that though, since the billion dollar speedwagon foundation has the rule of never refusing the request of a joestar

Actually, every stand user made sense. A rat, turtle and a fictional supergenius baby can all have fighting spirits and strong wills. Seriously, rats chew their own hands/feet off just to escape a trap. The only one that genuinely does not make sense was the invisible baby.

Maybe that baby was also a super genius.

The lock and cheap trick we’re cool fuck you

Except no, because Josuke had the exact same symptoms as Holly and we know that his stand does not harm him as a part of his ability.

Yes they do.
>Kira needed a way to undo Hayato's death
>Polnareff needed a way to keep the Arrow away from Diavolo
>Giorno needed a way to defeat King Crimson
Bites the Dust was clearly Araki's prototype idea for a Requiem Stand, the methodology and functionality are basically identical.

Polnareff first got requiem when he was having trouble reaching behind his desk
what he needed most at that moment was his fucking legs back

What's with Araki and the nigger lips

A requiem stand's ability is not related to the user's needs or wants whatsoever.

>Kira needed a way to undo Hayato's death
Again, that is not Requiem.

Attached: x7.jpg (780x1200, 732K)

Because part 5 is gay shit. 1-4 arcs, that's true JoJo series.

>Stroheim was able to make a whole fucking robotic body
>Polnareff can't even get make decent legs

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x498, 1.56M)

He's french, not german.

>Polnareff first got requiem when he was having trouble reaching behind his desk
This was always retarded bullshit anyway. If Requiem abilities have nothing to do with what the person currently needs in the moment they get stabbed then that's some horrendously convenient bullshit on Araki's part. Giorno just happened to get an ability that was superior to King Crimson's?

Yeah so

>Giorno just happened to get an ability that was superior to King Crimson's?
The whole point of Requiem stands is that they are really powerful. Not that they grant wishes like a genie.

Polnareff said that requiem gives stands power over souls, and even more than that.
Reducing actions to zero, and sending Diavolo to neverending deaths are only two more of Requiem's powers that we know.

This

It wouldn't even make sense if that was how it worked because there are a million better abilities that would have protected the arrow than what Polnareff got. I mean, they literally took the arrow from SCR. How can anybody say it was an ability suited to protecting the arrow?

part 6:
-great start with interesting prologue leading to tense fight and setup
-great mid game with new characters introduced with impactful arcs and a villain whose own quest punctuates the protagonists story and develops naturally.
-late game is a mess of background and foreclosure on characters with drawn out sequences with unclear objectives
-endgame is a tense fight with unclear objectives for either side until the villain finally reveals his aim and the protagonist fails conjunctively.
-ending satisfies the protagonists' mission but it is rendered a mere last hurrah by the totality of their loss.

>endgame creates the SBR universe
kino

Except it doesn't

>The whole point of Requiem stands is that they are really powerful.
Yeah, but that's a very broad upgrade. Giorno could have gotten any kind of upgrade that made Gold Experience "really powerful", but he happened to get one that allowed it to supersede King Crimson's broken ability. It'd be convenient no matter what, but the idea of it being totally random and not a response to what Giorno needed in that moment makes it even worse.

Araki made SBR afterwards so it did.

It's not like it takes a super specific power to defeat KC. Even SCR would have been enough to beat Diavolo if Polnareff didn't die.

No it didn't

Don't make me fuck your ass.

Its not random. GER is just all powerful now.

I'm not

Rolling stones will always be my favorite jojo arc

You're not what?

because you're a fan of very over the top jesus imagery?

>reddit OP

Part 4 is literally Araki's favorite part, you braindead soulless husk.

Yeah, he also said he would change it more if he had the chance.

Even just regular Silver Chariot was able to land a solid hit on him. King Crimson isn't invincible because his ability is completely unbeatable, but because he ensures no one knows what the fuck it does until it's too late. It's only super dangerous when the target doesn't know what the ability is.

Silver Chariot is almost as fast as Star Platinum, not a fair comparison.