Boruto

Was it too soon to jump to this not long after Naruto ended?

Attached: e567be4f-2fd8-4127-bc08-580baad908e3.jpg (952x536, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ilAfjjqHePY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes. Shoud have actually put thought into the next gen.

Yes and no. They made him fuck up the ending to the series so there could be a sequel, at that point the sequel was necessary to explain why the fuck aliens came out of nowhere, shinobi system hadn't been dismantled, etc. Given that the ending was fucked this was needed, but if they hadn't fucked the ending then yes this is way too soon. Of course this is only about the manga, the anime is too soon no matter what.
>manga comes out every 4-6 weeks only just now becoming monthly
>now has 36 chapters
>anime has 120 episodes

Yes. Many have grown up with Naruto and the characters were around the same age as the watchers, but now they suddenly went from being 18 to 30 with kids of their own. Or small clones of themselves rather. Something just feels off about Boruto. I don't feel comfortable watching it. It's like a fever dream. So bizarre.

Yes, because it's pretty clear they don't really have a story worth telling.

Should have expanded the last to a 100 episodes and more time with characters that we loved after war,instead we got this.

Spoilers:

-The front of Naruto's home is smashed; Naruto and Kawaki jump out while Jigen calmly walks to them.
-Jigen is spamming black rods at Naruto. Naruto is apprehensive to attack because of his Karma.
-Kawaki tells Naruto he'll use his own Karma to counter Jigen, giving him an opportunity to strike him, but Jigen creates a cage around Kawaki.
-Basically Jigen has the ability to will things into existence, but there are limitations. Naruto compares it to what he heard about Hagoromo, but Jigen says Hagoromo's was a child's version.
-Metallic-looking towers/buildings and rods start popping up in random parts of the village.
-Kashin Koji is in panicking, wondering just how much Jigen has kept hidden from him. He says Naruto doesn't stand a chance, but he can't let the village fall to someone like Jigen, and that he will only act if Boruto comes to the scene.
-Hinata is shielding Himawari.
-Reinforcements are shocked by the chaos.
-Ino is ordering the shinobi to evacuate the civilians to safety.
-Boruto and Mitsuki witness the destruction happening around them and that urges Boruto to get to his house faster.
-Sarada almost gets smashed by a tower, but Sasuke saves her. Sasuke saw she was heading to Naruto's home and basically orders her to meet with Sakura and not get involved.
-Naruto attacks Jigen, seeing that there is no other option, but Jigen absorbs his Rasengans and even some of Kurama’s chakra. Jigen creates a pit in the ground underneath Naruto where gravity sucks him in, but it was only a clone.
-At this point, Kawaki is telling Jigen he’ll go with him as long as he leaves them all alone, but Jigen says he gave him the option earlier.
-Boruto appears, along with Mitsuki, Naruto is not happy about that knowing the situation.
-Sasuke shows up behind Jigen with his sword pointing at his back.
-Jigen tells Kawaki he is going to drain every emotion Naruto filled in his heart.
-Final page is Kashin Koji taking out a syringe, hoping Boruto is ready.

Yea it gives me the same feeling. What if the infinite tsukyomi actually worked and boruto is just narutos perfect dream.

Boruto the manga is not canon

Madara did deserve to win.
Wouldn't dead people close to him be alive again if it were infinite tsukuyomi though? like Jiraiya

Nah. Madara got what he deserved. Asspulled out of existence.

After 7 years of build up why did he deserve that?

Because Kishimoto needed to introduce the aliens for the sequel that jump put in the green.

Because he's an Uchiha. He got what was coming to him.

This story went from 0 to 100 real fucking quick. I happy th pacing is faster but getting to the Jigen fight so early feels rushed.

Okay Danzo

>Anime has 120 episodes
You're kidding me

We should have got a Naruto and Hinata shoujo romance series instead

And they're all filler...
They're all filler
And the ones that aren't filler are "anime canon"
Whatever the fuck that means.

Attached: george_carlin2.jpg (445x668, 38K)

Nah. There's much more interesting things that could have been focused on.

>Whatever the fuck that means.

It means they:
>Matter to the main story later.
>Exist in material written by Kishimoto.
>Canon to the manga.

It's complicated.

Good thing I dropped after Gaiden

Do you think all this filler will be trials and tribulations for the ultimate payoff for sticking with Boruto? Like imagine: Boruto finally gets good and it creates a buzz and everyone's all wondering where do they start and get pointed to 100+ episodes to understand the story, world, and characters, while we sat through it all and got the reward for it.

Gai defeating Madara then dying due to the strain would've been such a kino twist, but I guess they wanted every character alive for us to see them be old and decrepit in Boruto?

The new generation surpassing the old and such.

> -Sarada almost gets smashed by a tower, but Sasuke saves her. Sasuke saw she was heading to Naruto's home and basically orders her to meet with Sakura and not get involved.

Sarada getting throw into the sidelines again, it's not fair bros.

Attached: 1554945006033.png (1920x1080, 720K)

She only exists in the manga to show dem legs.

I hope we get a timeskip, so we can get teen Sarada fansevice.

Attached: 1513835842894.jpg (786x1200, 129K)

Gai is a cute old guy in Boruto so I'm fine with him being alive.

The timeskip teased in the beginning still hasn't happened?

Just like her mother.

It's probably not gonna happen for a LONG time, buddy.

Boruto will never be good.

How good is his arc gonna be?

Attached: Urashiki_Ōtsutsuki.png (1440x1076, 789K)

I think, like, 4 or 5 episodes or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=ilAfjjqHePY
Boruto needs more fights of this quality.

Eats up too much of their conserved budget.

Boruto is so bad that they're taking large gaps of 40+ filler episodes before they adapt the manga or develop the plot, even after the opening debuts. It took a shit ton of episodes to get to a movie arc and it wasn't even that engaging, just a small teaser for what's to come. So many years after Naruto ended, and it doesn't even come close to filling the void that Naruto left because the show is stale. The first episode shows a character called "Kawaki", first few episodes show Boruto using the mysterious power of his eye, which make you think that there's more to come, but there really isn't (unless you read the manga). It was like they threw something together and there was no plot to begin with.

These kind of fights are the only reason I keep watching this shit series.

It's fascinating how Naruto is given so much Sakuga compared to other shows.

They thought they could replicate the same feat as DBChads. Too bad lol. Kishimoto himself doesn't care and it shows. Boruto is only carried by the fact that it's related to Naruto.

there's no involvement or way to be invested. the things that happened between Shippuden and Boruto aren't ever really expanded upon so it does just seem like they're all grown up and we never see any of it happen. shit feels fabricated

They know what fights are important to sakuga to. Kakashi vs Obito was brilliant.

I stopped caring about Boruto after the Sumire arc. That arc was good and Sumire is a great character. The rest is repetitive and boring stuff. They didn't think long term.

Source on those spoilers?

its fake

Naruto / Boruto has to be the series with the lowest lows and the highest heights

no, boruto is actually good. You are missing out on the bonus episodes that are uchiha sasuke roaming around and purly focused on him. Its pretty good, if you like the naruto world. It can say sol all it wants but cant easily switch its pace anytime it wants.

If Pierrot weren't Shueisha's bitch most of the time, they would probably be one of the top anime studios.

Attached: 1543161975901.png (570x558, 117K)

Madara won. When Naruto dies in Boruto, Madara wakes him up, saying that he's been watching his dream and offers him a last chance to fight for it. Main character alone fighting the main villain with no distractions and asspulls. If Naruto wins or not, I do not know. Flip a coin.

Attached: IMG_20190702_101750.jpg (983x720, 78K)

>They made him fuck up the ending
don't blame Boruto's slow and pointless pacing to Naruto's ending. The ending was good and it was unironically a good pleb filter.

Attached: 8d60b9a81caf946ef49d5618856206f0.jpg (587x498, 51K)

>Finally the characters growned up
>We will see S-rank missions everytime
>Go back with kids who learn how to be ninjas
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lame

Ask the sales department.