Why is this so unique in a sea full of shit? Why can't the other LN hacks just be good writers like this guy

Why is this so unique in a sea full of shit? Why can't the other LN hacks just be good writers like this guy

Attached: Ookamitokoshinryo01[1].jpg (261x382, 108K)

He writes romance that is both realistic and also fantasy instead of just pure fantasy

he's one of the few that are actually writers

and not a basement dwelling webnovelist or some otaku trying to rip off haruhi

Turns out that good writing is hard and requires skill.

Attached: 1539990372428.jpg (1600x2402, 1.1M)

Can't speak for the Japanese, but in the English versions of LNs at least, having a good translator/editor can make all the difference between being enjoyable, readable, and garbage.

It's appalling the number of translators/editors who can't fucking conjugate basic English verbs like "lay," "lie," or even just "go." Lay/lie is especially egregious: I swear to god these people are just fucking guessing at what the proper conjugation is, and the number of time's I've had to read "had went" makes me think maybe these LN authors are actually overqualified if you compare them to the joker doing these translations.

Let's not even go in to managing syntax and sentence structure that doesn't read like a high schooler's english paper abortion.

It takes its worldbuilding seriously and commits to it.

The original japanese text is actually fairly sophisticated as well and known to be one of the harder novels for learners to get into

The "I like you"/"I love you" fuck up was egregious

It's really strange because if you speak English natively / have a job as a translator you should be able to intuit the correct words to use even if you don't keep conscious track of what goes where.

Most LNs are heavily dialogue driven with a shit ton of pictures for the brainlets. S&W is very much not like most LNs in that it feels like a series of fantasy romance novels with occasional pictures once or twice a volume. Whole pages pass by without much dialogue and lots of thought and attention go into describing the world.

S&W is the only LN worth reading.

Ehhh, Spice and Wolf kind of dropped in quality after the period the anime covers. Fucking Cockblock Cole.

I'm pretty sure they use cheap translators for LNs and the like. There's not a lot of money nor recognition translating that kind of stuff.

>Fucking Cockblock Cole.
I hate him. And isn't he going to get to fuck their daughter?

Spice and wolf isnt even good, I have anniversary edition dusting on my shelf

He actually turned out decent in the new series
A retard in the first volume but gets his shit pushed in in a nice arc of retard character development

I'll literally buy it off you, including shipping, paid in advance if you name a reasonable price

I do honestly wonder how many lns are actually trash or if it's just their translations. I've tried to read a few, but I usually can't get past the first few pages. I feel like most of what I've tried have been fan translations, so I really should give some other official translations a shot to find out if spice and wolf is as much of a diamond in the rough as it seems to be

Probably because he's married and can write an actual romance story with actual good characters instead of just dishing out generic incel wish-fullfillment harem isekai LN.

You can find em on Ebay dummy Its funny, there were actually some copies floating for super cheap in some Taobao boutique

And I mean were

Agreed I stopped reading it once I realised nothing was going to happen.

Who gives a shit about some faggoty bones and narwhal? Either have Holo stop being a spiteful cunt and help Lawrence crash more markets and make some gold or advance the plot where the characters have to actually state their feelings instead of being wishy washy 10 year olds.

Manga is better than the LNs. Prove me wrong.