What the heck was his problem anyway

What the heck was his problem anyway

Attached: [Some-stuffs]_Jojo's_Bizarre_Adventure_01_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_AAC)_[6E079B80].mkv_snapshot_15.06_ (1280x720, 103K)

he was poor

Sad because bad dad

Blondes are evil

both wrong, Speedwagon said he was born evil

you know if SW didn't exist that first part would be very classist

>blue-blooded Jostars are paragons of humanity
>poor as fuck Brandos are the scum of the earth

Speedwagon's a dumbass.
>I had a lot of douchebag friends which means I can tell who is a natural douchebag.

Speedwagon is shit.

Attached: 1434414847089.png (430x540, 650K)

Wrong

Attached: 311885.jpg (225x350, 46K)

The most interesting part of the story was actually skipped. The one where Dio spent years playing the nice guy and becoming friends with Joseph. That part would have beautifully shown what a sociopath Dio is and how he operates.

How else would you be able to tell?

DP's not gonna make him blonde.

Attached: Steel.Ball.Run.full.715306.jpg (907x1729, 1.42M)

(you meant Jonathan)

It was pretty well insinuated by how well they 'got along between episodes 1 and 2

I hate every palette given for Gyro. He's just overdesigned and nothing goes right with him. I hope DP can come up with something that makes him look decent.

He was an ungrateful bitch.

In my opinion the beginning was by far the most interesting but all of it was skipped in favor of battle faggotry. After I watched the first episode of the JoJo anime I immediately started reading the manga because I found it so interesting and was quite disappointed to find Castlevania for the poor instead of the intriguing mind games of a sociopath poorfag like Dio growing up. Dio was a waste of a character. If he didn't get the mask he would have died like a dog.

You are the rare occasion of someone finding Jojo from it's actual beginning and not from Part 3

Nothing. He was just a shithead. This was written in the 80s where it was perfectly acceptable to have villains just be plain evil with no justification for it.

speedwagon was also a poor street thug but he still was good at heart

and he lived the American dream

Reddit thread

I always thought part 1 declined after Dio became a vampire. Also going in I didn't expect Jojo to have vampires, zombies, etc at all so it was even more disappointing to me.

His father beat him daily, he lost his mother early on so he just had an abusive dad. He hates Johnathan because he was a spoiled rich kid that had everything going for him.

I’d like to see an Alt!JoJo where the Brando family faces off against JOJO (Jonathan’s head on Dio’s body).

>Za Warudo is a vampire

Attached: billy-corgan.jpg (539x600, 54K)

You know, when I come into a Jojo thread there's a lot that crosses my mind. The legacy of the greatest shounen ever written. I mean consider that for a minute. This amazingly well written and extremely complex piece of literature has been going on for several decades now and is still going. Not only that but it is still popular, still gaining new fans and keeping old ones happily around.

Jojo is not just a manga, its not just genre deconstructing, its not just one of the greatest stories ever told. It is proof that man can achieve greatness in all its meanings. The story we have been discussing, months on end, years on end, it is evidence of a true understanding of nuanced and complex themes. A culture within itself.

So when I come into a Jojo thread I feel like im not only here with my fellow Jobros. I am here with everyone else, experiencing the magic that is Jojo. Even the poor and misguided who either haven't read it or consider it sub-par are here with us. Giving attention and time to a story that is older then most of us here today.

I see great discussion day after day. New points being brought up and old ones being held high for the board to see. It was through years of dedicated posting that these threads have gotten to this point. Intense and amazing discussion backed by some of the most quality memes found on the internet. And its all thanks to the Jobros who have kept it all going.

So when I go into Jojo thread a few things cross my mind, but the one thing that always reigns true is how great it is to be a Jobro , to be apart of a legacy decades old that continues to hold its own with strength, intelligence and grace. That's what it means to be a Jobro.

Attached: 13454264562.jpg (230x219, 12K)

>be born into shit
>father is drunk abusive alcoholic
>fortunately born with high IQ
>instead of encouraging you to go out and use your intelligence, father instead forces you to use your intellect to go out and get him beer money by playing games in seedy bars for money
>regularly get abused by patrons but suffer through it anyway
>get twisted into a psychopath after years of abuse
>resolve to poison your father to death
>he reveals to you that a very wealthy family is indebted to him, and will take you in after he dies
>arrive at new life and meet the blissfully-ignorant goody son who has never had to suffer an ounce of struggle his entire life and lives with a father who loves him
>instantly hate him out of pure envy and spite, only emotion you can express is anger and malice
>every time he tries to get closer to you, take it as a personal insult because you don't understand love and only react to friendliness with hostility
>hate him even more as he adapts to you and begins to outclass you in every regard that you thought you were better than him in
>eventually resort to killing your adoptive father as well
>plan is foiled and you are physically beaten, your plan foiled by the one you hate the most
>fall into deep despair
>know that you are outdone
>decide to throw away what little humanity you had left and become a vampire
>sacrifice everything for the power to fuel your ambition

Let's not forget the fact that DIO was never a son for the Joestars, he was just an act of charity to show off.
This is shown by an off comment in which Jonathan's dad scolds him and talks about he being his son shouldn't fight with Dio.

poor are evil. look at black people for example

I don't understand why villains can't just be evil hedonistic assholes sometimes. Not every bad guy needs some "arguably better than the protagonist" reason for doing cruel shit.

>4cuck always have rent free for reddit when the second ones don’t give a shit about them

Attached: C6F212E2-CCA6-4AE5-9D5E-5A3170020840.jpg (456x384, 17K)

The real answer is that he has an unquenchable thirst to achieve the highest status available to his perception. In Part 1, he sees JoJo as having the greatest position and seeks to usurp him. Then he learns about the vampirism and begins to see status as a more conceptual thing wherein becoming a vampire makes him superior to the human race. He is, of course, defeated by JoJo's Hamon, which forces Dio to accept that his current state as vampire is not perfect and there could be something greater. The greatest thing Dio can imagine in this scenario is that which has no flaws; godhood. God is that of which no greater can be concieved. This leads to the concept of Heaven from Part 3/6. DIO seeks to create an absolute power with no flaws, which would give him dominion over all things. Or in other words; it was all autism.

Name a character with more wasted potential

Attached: EA1FE2AE-9FB3-4DCF-AEC3-AF266B2199DC.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

I did like the idea of a completely op stand being nerfed by having its user be a dumbass but still Araki did him dirty

Exactly, Diego had the same problems as Dio but just wasn't born a psychopath. Even though he's an asshole and uses others for his own gain, he doesn't kill people at random and likes to make shitty jokes. His alternate universe self is the same as the original DIO though.

Attached: D0nEGtOUYAAgNj-.png (720x396, 588K)

How is The Hand op? It's been a while since I've watched part 4 but scraping space away doesn't seem that good.

With Speedwagon, the message becomes
>Poor people are only good if they’re beaten up and forced to serve rich people.

It isn’t only space. He can erase everything with his hand. Is like a more
practical version of Vanilla Ice stand.

The thing is that Okyuyasu should have getting a little more smarter during part 4, like when he used the hand to delete space, aproaching chilli pepper faster. also he lacks of screentime and even if he appears, he rarely use the hand

well until Pt 2

What about a completely op stand with a user that just wants to be a mangaka.

but heaven door is nerfed because Rohan is a literal autistic

>Diego had the same problems as Dio but just wasn't born a psychopath.
But Diego had a mother that loved him,and didn't have to live with his shitty dad
Single mothers>single fathers

He completes his transformation into being a good person by becoming rich.

He explained it pretty well himself in Ocer Heaven.
>I am sociopath. Years of torment have turned me into the monster I am today. At this point I am far beyond help. My only purpose in this world is to bring pain to others. I have trained my skills to cause maximum havoc and destruction. I care about nothing and have nothing to live for, this is what makes me so dangerous. I am like a caged animal. Actually more like a rabid dog because I will not hesitate to destroy anything that slightly provokes me.

Why is it that I hate Dio with every fiber of my being, but love SM Diego with all my heart, consider him best boy, and even bought a medicos figure of him? Why is he so perfect while Dio is so shitty?

>I don't understand why villains can't just be evil hedonistic assholes sometimes. Not every bad guy needs some "arguably better than the protagonist" reason for doing cruel shit.
You can blame that villain-tier chart that's posted all over Yea Forums.

It's amazing how strong the first three episodes of Phantom Blood were, and then it was all thrown out the window for bombasity and spectacle instead.

The show also does a pretty good job of showing that it's largely a facade, and that there's still unresolved tension underneath during all of this, like Jonathan is trying really hard to forgive Dio for killing his dog but can't.

Bump

>I am sociopath. Years of torment have turned me into the monster I am today. At this point I am far beyond help. My only purpose in this world is to bring pain to others. I have trained my skills to cause maximum havoc and destruction. I care about nothing and have nothing to live for, this is what makes me so dangerous. I am like a caged animal. Actually more like a rabid dog because I will not hesitate to destroy anything that slightly provokes me.
GET THE FUCK OUT Yea Forums

Also Diego doesn't have a busted powerset. Scary Monster in the old universe would be a part 3 villain of the week stand

Attached: diegosaurus rex.jpg (760x1200, 772K)

with how vague the concept of "dinosaur" is Scary monster could do literally anything

What’s wrong? I’m just quoting a Jojo character.

I was disappointed that Diego got killed off as an excuse to shove in his alternate dimension, it could have been better if he died and that's it, no more fucking dios

that's actually incorrect

back in the 80's all the villians were evil but had something to like about them, like muh honor or I'm evil to save the world

Araki was like fuck it I'm gonna make an asshole and he's gonna be an asshole end of story

there's a pretty good fan manga that has Dio try to murder Jonathan as he originally planned by using the stone mask on him

Jonathan gets turned into a vampire and runs away unable to accept what he's become. Years pass and Dio has gotten all the inheritance so he should be saited; but he knows Jonathan is still alive so it torments him every night

it ends with Dio finally going mad from the constant fear every night until Jonathan finally confronts him and they die together

Dio is a combination of
Sociopathic tendencies
Childhood abuse
Lack of a role model
Societal structure and class divide
Two other characters have similar elements, but missing certain aspects that make them go full DIO
Giorno too was bullied as a child, beaten by his dad, and didn't have a mom around. However, he found a role model in the form of the gangster he helped, who inspired him to use his ambition and might for the sake of others.
Diego, while maintaining much of Dio's suffering, didn't have the connection to Dario and spent more time to his mother. His motivation is directed towards taking down the rich and those that looked down upon him, much like Dio, but didn't have the direct assault on the rich like Jonathan. Diego and Johnny's relationship is a lot less direct than Dio and Jonathan's, who sees JoJo as a coddled weakling that can't stand up for himself due to his lesser hardships.

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

He was treated like a son. But this is a fact that Jonathan was his only biological son. They treated Dio the same way as him.

based hair poster

Had a shitty father and was convinced from a young age that power means everything and you should have as much power over others as possible.

>Forced

No
Johnathan was totally at his mercy and he decided to not only let him go but also help him

jojo has plenty of characters from shitty upbringing and they don't all turn out evil

Too much big dick energy

Dio's mother lived in as much poverty as her husband and son, and she seemed to be good at heart.

Dio ended up being a dickhead because his father killed his mom and he treated him like the worthless drunkard he was.