When do you think full color manga will become standard?

When do you think full color manga will become standard?

Attached: 9D17D142-C167-4B39-8A49-E931019E004C.jpg (535x425, 157K)

hopefully never, colorists in american comics usually rape the art.

Never as long as physical manga is a thing. Fully colored manga outside of the rare exception is digital release only. Manga being black and white is one of the things I like about it too. I hope it never catches on outside of what we have now with after the fact digital coloring of popular series. But even as it is now, they attract animefags that then want all manga colored to cater to their inability to read normal manga.

>Manga being black and white is one of the things I like about it too

Why?

It gives off a different feeling to me. Same as with black and white movies compared to movies in color (or even different ways that movies were shot in color in the past). I'll always associate colored manga with American comic books. Being in black and white also allows different aspects to be brought to the forefront of the image and things "pop" more imo. I've looked through some colored manga and shadows never really are done well in them as far as I've seen. The effect given off is completely different.

If you want colored manga you watch anime. If you're someone that exclusively reads colored manga you're unlikely to be reading something not popular enough to be colored in the first place. Manga doesn't need color just like it doesn't need background music or voices. All adding those things to manga will do is make it closer to anime and if I wanted to watch anime I'd watch anime.

Most coloured manga look far worse than the original black and white. If you draw it with the vision of it being printed in black and white then its most likely going to look like shit when you alter that vision.

Hopefully never.

It's really just the digital color meme.

Attached: 1523465372125.jpg (908x2207, 522K)

Black and white printing is just far too cost effective to stop. The only way colour manga will become the norm is if they stop using paper at all.

Only if it's in a watercolour/hand coloured style like YKK. Digital colourtards can go fuck themselves.

Attached: Yokohama.Kaidashi.Kikou.full.434693.jpg (767x1100, 160K)

yeah it's definitely a modern problem in comics. I'd rather have the artist do the coloring themselves.but if its supposed to look like the stuff in the OP I'll take black and white over colors.

As soon as coloring becomes cheap

Patrician taste

Attached: Yokohama.Kaidashi.Kikou.full.434312.jpg (850x1242, 183K)

>those colored chapters done by that group during Naruto's run
Never again

Attached: 10.jpg (909x1300, 131K)

That coloring job is trash, coloring will never become a standard because of the way serialised manga is published.

Hopefully never.

I unironically prefer colored JoJo
Some of the scenes in the black and white scans I have to focus a bit longer to realize what the fuck I'm looking at.

Attached: 1551887442939.png (1053x1400, 1.94M)

Color manga is either hit or miss. If it's digitally colored it's likely bad and then just reading the original black and white is better. I think it's cause of the lack of texture and the solid colors.
However, if it's watercolored or even printed in ink then it's fine. American comics usually do good with not having the colors be clown vomit, but they don't have as much detail. Fuck, even if its colored in crayons it looks better than digital.

Attached: 1564510782873.jpg (2022x1500, 1.77M)

yeah but those are simple bright colors it's not trying to add sheen or bloom like this shit

Hopefully never, get out you retard.

Yeah. There's a right way of doing it.
I think usually digital colored like the Yugioh, Naruto, DBZ, One Piece ones are pretty good.

People definitely missed the mark on the coloring for that Naruto picture.

To add onto my post, color also removes the original shading and contrast that was in the black and white. Such as removing pitch black backgrounds and swapping it for some dark color, which can actually ruin a scene sometimes.

Attached: x13.png (1400x1076, 3.36M)

Jojolion and stone ocean are the literal exception(and even then they have really shit coloring from time to time), parts like 1-2-3-4-5-7 look horrible on color compared to the B&W version.

official colored manga would help fanart a lot.

Colored looks better

No

Attached: x27 (4).jpg (1772x1400, 1.11M)

serious question:
why do weekly korean comics manage to be in full color?
i understand they have less panels, but there are still some our there with above WSJ art, so the artist still has to write, draw and then let someone color it.

Part 6 I think is the only part that doesn't have good b&w scans. Some of the scans later in the part might be fine but for at least half the part you can't really read it in b&w without having to look past the trash scans.

Why? Just for what colors characters' designs are? Most manga have color volume covers or certain color pages without being colored entirely for that. Or the colors of things being described in the manga. Jojo's really the only manga I can think of off the top of my head that constantly changes the colors of things in color pages and volume covers.

It kinda ruins the mood. I definitely prefer the contrasts in the black and white one.

>caring about fan art

I was going to post the same exact thing, this scene looks 10x better in B&W

Attached: pixlr.jpg (2048x2048, 2.77M)

Yep, the pitch black background really sets the mood here. Shame Araki changed speed king's design too.

What's wrong with this?

Like other user said, it ruins the mood, its a dark room where the highlight of the scene should be the first appearance of jobin's stand, and being in a pitch black room shows that its something evil and menacing.
i dont have the same feel on the colored version, everything feels the same as any other colored page with nothing special.

colors are way to bright speed king should be the focus

Hopefully never