The Great Debate

Guts was morally corrupt since the beginning because he didn't have a normal childhood like Gon who spent his early life in safety and care of people who loved him.

Guts started to suffer immediately, he never experienced both situations. That's why his suffering isn't as great as Gon's. We always saw Guts suffer since the beginning and we were never shown the process where he gets morally corrupt, which is something that happens in HxH instead.

So, in your opinion, who has suffered more? Discuss

Attached: 12.jpg (908x590, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs
youtube.com/watch?v=vCmSb40sV1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gon is a shitty shonen mc, anyone paired up against him wins by default

Attached: guts_advice_for_huntertards.png (500x390, 160K)

All of the physical suffering Guts endures is inconsequential. Guts is on the verge of death after most big fights and never has to see the long terms effects of it.

Even using the "Berserk armor" which is supposed to have some long term impact has done next to nothing. The damage to his body means nothing when he has magic to aid him.
Meanwhile Gon has to recover from his fights over time. We see him several times throughout the manga having to sit out of things while getting better and even if his arm was healed twice he still lost his nen. That would be similar to Guts losing the Dragonslayer, or being unable to wield bigger swords at all. At the end of the day Guts overcomes his struggles like a generic shonen protagonist while Gon loses his Nen and is no longer the MC of his series.

Neck yourself Berserkiddie.

Attached: 1505947647362.jpg (800x807, 403K)

Guts because he's in a shitty manga.

Gon chose his hard life

Guts didn't

>So, in your opinion, who has suffered more?
Gon.

Me

Hmmm have I seen this post before...Of course I have.

Attached: copyxpasta.png (1892x560, 145K)

Deku

Attached: 33ehms1.png (640x360, 205K)

Why is there a need for a suffering Olympics?

oh nonono

Attached: 1565364323278.png (186x189, 85K)

Soul.

Attached: I can be just like Kite.jpg (2037x3056, 550K)

what the fuck is this doodle? I can draw better than that

My little brother can make better art than this.

Why does Togashi hit the right facial expressions despite his art being so shit? it just has a very abstract appeal to it that I can't pinpoint

Attached: 9513513454123.png (500x599, 423K)

easy to do if you dont care about keeping your character on model

>Guts suffered since the beginning.
>Gon had a normal childhood with safety and care of people who loved him.
Gee... I wonder.

Delete this thread and ban OP, thanks.

because he did proper facial expression studies before becoming an artist, wish more artists would do this

Attached: 1540162501197.png (1372x1264, 721K)

>>Gon had a normal childhood
As a child Gon saw two versions of his father. The first being due to Kite , who told him his dad was alive. He was intrigued and fascinated by the overglorification of his dad by Kite compared to Mito. And that of hunters. He doesn’t see himself as being abandoned. Because Ging was a great man. And that’s because Kite told him that. Ging must have had something better to do. Already, this tells us that Gon can only see the parts that interest him the most, a core facet of his character arc. The reason for this curiosity being that he was raised on an island with no playmates or buddies, only animals. He wants to see the world being hidden from him, and relates to Ging in the same way (your dad gave the exam at the same age thing).

But interestingly, Gon doesn’t abandon the cub. He didn’t leave him behind to be grown up on his own. He was told he was taken custody of only later, but he understood that he was left behind. He didn’t want to be alone, like the cub. Which is why Gon is different from Ging. Ging chases his dreams and forgets about everything else, but Gon has difficulty leaving behind things (like KMito, the cub which grew up, and later Killua etc).

So Gon is lonely, curious, positive, empathetic, and energetic . Lonely by inherently having no friends, curious because of the world of hunters, positive because of his outlook, empathetic because of the cub, and energetic cause of his origins. All in the first chapter. A masterpiece.

Attached: image (2).jpg (2037x3056, 2.01M)

Snk

Attached: Shingeki no Kyojin - OP4 - Large 03.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Cope, shipperfag.

Attached: Togashivshackyama.jpg (2004x2227, 1.1M)

>Another fucking pasta

Attached: copyxpasta_02.png (1836x432, 122K)

guts' suffering is artificially forced and dishonest, while gon's sufering feels more down to earth and realistic

Attached: 0274-010.jpg (1066x428, 177K)

>angry faces = character progression

Attached: 1549827606990.jpg (680x551, 47K)

because his art isn't shit, he's just lazy at times and will doodle something rough, that's all

it's fucking garbage, the fucker has no consistency, does a background for one large panel and after that the characters exist in a void

You literally admitted his art is good then said it's shit.

This is the dumbest post I've seen all month.

Attached: 1520728400721.png (319x348, 89K)

>Comparing shit art to shittier art.

good expressions mean jack when it looks like a toddler drew it with crayons

I'm only praising the way he conveys emotions, everything else is trash and looks like he's not even trying most of the time

Ever since I started reading the Hunter x Hunter manga pretty much all I've been doing is just doing sketches.
Sure the artwork in the manga is scribbley and lacks polish but goddamn Togashi's drawings are way more dynamic and expressive than just about anything I've read.
I think it's actually turned out for the best because it feel like my ability to draw poses and facial expressions has grown exponentially.

>I don't know anything about art: the post

Attached: 1468116708047.jpg (1066x1600, 468K)

>boohoo some Hunter I knew for 5 minutes got ganked by a trap cat
>oh wait he’s not even dead just a little girl, guess that entire arc was completely pointless lol

The raw and gritty but beautiful style of Yoshihiro Togashi reminds me sometimes of figurative painters of the early 20th century like Egon Schiele

Attached: 1559069028159.jpg (840x1278, 200K)

Based.

Attached: Soul vs soulless.jpg (1260x576, 236K)

It's a shame he no longer makes stuff like this, even all the dark continent depictions so far never matched this panel

his art is just fine, as i've said, it can be rough around the edges sometimes but it's always dynamic and easy to follow. And it also looks really good sometimes (pic not necessarily related, but it still looks nice)

Attached: 01.jpg (1242x960, 532K)

honestly good posts, thanks

Gon, guts and eren are the holy trinity of the "fucked by life" MCs

We don't see Guts slowly become morally corrupt, only the events that caused it, but we do see the opposite and it feels very natural. A lot of people love to talk about how amazing Gon's descent into immorality is but to me it seemed like Gon was like that from the very beginning. He was always just an egotistical child and we see this very clearly with the fight with Genthru. His egoist nature is also hinted at in his decision to just leave Whale Island without taking Mito's feelings into consideration. And even when he gets angry at Chrollo (or Kuroro for you stupid weebs) for killing innocents, he only antagonizes him because he murdered his friend's clan and because he kidnapped him and Killua. It's not like he gives a crap when innocents die. He didn't give a crap when people died in the Hunter Exam, he didn't give a crap that Killua and his family were assassins, nor did he give a crap when people died in Greed Island. Hell, he even threatened to kill Komugi. Gon never became morally corrupt, he never had any morals.

Right is not supposed to look realistic, you retard.

Attached: W5kG0M5.jpg (1983x1440, 1018K)

This is my favorite Berserk double page, but it would even be better if Miura didn't fuck up Zodd's horn size, I can never unsee that shit

Gon isn't Guts, Gon is Griffith.

if togashi redrew this, he would put miura to shame

Guts wins because Gon just magically reverts back to his happy go lucky childhood self after he left super saiyan form. It would have been amazing if he had been stuck like that but no he "gave up his potential" only to revert back to being a kid not one day older

Togashi here, expect the next hxh chapter after i finish Dr. Stone

Attached: togashi without assistant.png (793x495, 67K)

ebin

lol

ALL THOSE EXPRESSIONS, TAKE NOTES YOU TALENTLESS HACKS

HOLY SHIT THE PANELING

Thanks for the feedback! Here's the full page, new chapter very soon!

Attached: togashi full page.png (793x683, 74K)

lel

I don't think Miura really "fucks" it up like we think. It's consistently drawn extremely off-balance regardless of angle.

Attached: 0277-024.png.jpg (1132x1600, 519K)

the right one grew after he lost the left one

dude thank you so much for gracing us with your divine presence
go ahead and take like, I don't know the next sixteen months off? You gotta make sure not to push yourself

Pretty much. But it doesn't really make it look good. Honestly it would look better if it hadn't grown.

Attached: 0277-026.png.jpg (2263x1600, 1.08M)

completely agree

So much soul

There's more to it than just angry faces, it's a series of well written events which all serve to develop his character in real time unlike Isayama does because it's a skill that's out of his reach.
Of course you wouldn't know since you didn't read HxH so maybe, just maybe refrain from shitposting until you consume both manga like most of us here did.

Attached: 1565802357918.png (214x289, 97K)

>posts image comparing a bunch of bored faces to angry faces
>wtf theres more to it
cry me a river

Guts suffered more. How is this even a question? He was literally raped as a child.

gon was also raped by dozens of older sailors girls

literally NOTHING better than hiatusxhiatus fags sperging out
excellent thread

oh the humanity, what a terrible fate. I surely wouldn't want to be found in it haha

so guts getting raped is horrible, but gon getting raped is fine ? talk about double standards

being raped by a big buff black man is bad, being molested by older girls is hot
simple as

rape is rape, sorry
just kidding i'm shitposting my ass off is all

OK, I understand

Attached: ok.png (743x666, 627K)

>Guts was morally corrupt
Guts is probably the most morally good guy in the Berserk universe, what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: progression of Guts.gif (540x303, 1.88M)

I wasn't even the one who posted that retarded image, the only way to effectively compare both is to read both it's really that simple, people who criticise manga that they haven't read is borderline pathetic.

He was a huge peenie weenie to the alchemyst dude in the prologue. Excelent gif btw.

Attached: 1554845163690.png (611x474, 306K)

>All of the physical suffering Guts endures is inconsequential. Guts is on the verge of death after most big fights and never has to see the long terms effects of it.
user... I don't know how to tell you but arms and eyes don't grow back...

Attached: Voidbob.png (286x286, 181K)

Having a single eyes was never a hindrance to Guts and having a prosthetic canon arm with a repeater that can shoot arrows like a machinegun actually proved to be insanely useful.
Berserk really went down the drain after The Golden Age arc, possibly one of the greatest arcs in fiction, how is a drop in quality that big even possible ?

>a single eyes
hiatus cucks everyone

Ouch, I guess a missclick renders my entire post useless, how can I ever recover, I conceded Berserkbros, please accept me as a member.

Attached: stop.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

>Hunter "Chads "
youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs

Attached: 26c29046d543c529f6828a520523afd10f33d050.jpg (563x750, 92K)

Accept my member in your anus, ESL

Attached: cute.jpg (699x1023, 246K)

>inconsequential
>proved to be insanely useful.

Attached: Berserk_v33_p028.png (2968x4275, 2.5M)

Kek

Do Berserk fags really think Guts getting raped is funny, oh no bros, it seems the Hiatus is getting to their brains aswell.

What's funny is seeing huntertards getting raped in every bait thread they make

Attached: 1555377497109.png (600x568, 218K)

>every bait thread they make
>being this new

Attached: 1547878341569.png (741x531, 89K)

>Gon
>Character development
What? hes literally the same after that arc. Stop pretending like their was anything there. Kite is alive. All the big baddies are dead. Killuas asspull sibling saves Gon. Gon loses his powers when he shouldve died. Out of all the "high stakes" only one of those things came true. Fuck shounen and fuck you sperg

The best mc will always be Goku. These characters wouldnt exist without him

Jeuss fucking Christ . Straight up embarrassing

goku is shit, kys

Stop taking the bait, hunterchads and broserks should make bait threads to make BHA or Black Clover fags fight each other instead of us.

Attached: Screenshot_20190814-223324.png (720x1280, 2.05M)

>BHA
There's enough infighting between them and Vigilantefags to bother with that

Berserk was influenced by Fist of the North Star.

Attached: 1565099591446.jpg (435x758, 112K)

Will Serpico be relevant again? When was the last time we saw him?

That's a weird way of writing Dai

I hope soon user, I really like his character. But to be honest, Casca might take the spotlight for a while, and by Casca I mean Casca, not Elaine.

Wasn't he useful on the boat?
And maybe he'll get to shine when fighting one of the apostle generals, but it'll be more than likely he'll die killing it.

He will need to confess before he does.

Attached: SF.png (585x600, 424K)

Wouldn't mind if that was his finale, but I can't imagine finishing him off without more Farnese & Serpico moments

Confess what, that he's Farnese and Magnifico's (and two other brothers I can't remember) half-sibling?
Hopefully there'll be more of that

Attached: 1489694073026.png (362x165, 73K)

Farnese is for horse cock only

you mean ash from army of darkness

He loves her, dumb witchposter.

Attached: otp.png (600x849, 958K)

Yeah as he once said, it would be an unnecessary scandal. Besides, it goes against his character.

And now that Guts' true love interest is back, will Farnecuck marry Roderick? What about Schierke, I dont know about you anons but Roderick and Magnifico still feel out of place.

Guts suffered more without a second thought.

HxH is a shit shonen show, the first 10 chapters are fucking laughably bad

Berserk is literally 10 fucking million times better than any typical shonen, especially HxH, the only thing you can compare these two on is their Hiatuses, and even then there is a massive difference.

Also, HxHfags are literally the most autistic, self righteous faggots out of any other shonen fanbase.

Attached: 1565664521089.jpg (379x226, 54K)

BASED

Attached: 0eaa444412d28f9341813ff67988f1f6.jpg (600x858, 99K)

>BEJITA, I WARNED YOU WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU DIDN'T KISS...MY...WIIIIIIIIFE!

this

Miura had a hand in the Fist of the North Star, i guess the similarities between FotNS and Berserk are just the style of the creator itself.

Spare us the copypasta.

You can't compete with real seinen. I have great respect for Togashi and I enjoy his work, but HxH can't compare to one of the greatest graphic novels ever made, and of the cornerstones of Japanese literature. When you're in our threads, know your place. Sit down, read our posts carefully, and don't cause trouble.

Berserk turned to shit after Golden Age arc, while HxH is still great and the new arc keeps getting better.

Art doesn't equate to more detail. A good Mangaka would know that,Kishimoto whom by far have probably the best designs in jump said that he "studied togashi's art closely", Togashi's facial expressions in particular before he wrote Naruto in a TogaxKishi interview.

Holy shit taste. Golden-age is overrated shit and Millennium falcon,Lost children and Conviction is better in every conceivable way.

>Berserk
>seinen

Attached: 1475158210557.jpg (1087x1600, 353K)

Of course he loves her you mong, which is exactly why he never had sex with her, lest their love get Habsburg'd.
>And now that Guts' true love interest is back, will Farnecuck marry Roderick?
Strongly possible unless there's a make or break moment, which at this point would be an asspull.
>What about Schierke
She'll either become a magical christmas cake or get monkey'd.
>I dont know about you anons but Roderick and Magnifico still feel out of place.
Magnifico's just a foil to make Puck no longer be the butt end joke, Roderick's a non-magical Serpico and a pocket purse for the characters, would be actually awesome if he became the Puniched Band of the Hawk.

Farnese actually looks kind of bimbo in some of the panels

They're garbage. Complete immature and childish story beats, from low hanging fruit like "totallynotchristianity" being cartoonishly evil and silly, to Guts fighting the underlings and then the main villain like a series of boss battles from a video game. And the start of the repetitive "autism casca gets in trouble and Guts has to save her" cliche. There's such a massive lack of urgency, her healing practically came out of thin air, the narrative flow is all out of wack. The mermaid arc would literally fit as anime filler in naruto, it's just a sequence of boss fignts involving a saturdsy morning cartoon villain, it's that bad.

God damn, Berserkspics are fucking stupid. Read more manga, and preferably a book or two.

Attached: 1436248167666.png (524x524, 141K)

if you think this reading berserk clearly isn't for you since you don't even attempt to understand what berserk is really about other than "BIG MAN BIG SWORD CLANG CLANG" and should probably stick to shounenshit

I liked Golden Age because it is simply great, but I also loved Conviction, Lost Children and Millennium Falcon, the reason it may be overrated is because it's the most known arc.

Attached: 1564740397226.png (480x360, 276K)

Attached: 1565804364614.png (848x459, 284K)

Wow, good job dumbing down every plot point to make it seem bad. You could literally do this with every series ever.

Not him, but even then, Golden Ages was more than "BIG MAN BIG SWORD CLANG CLANG", honestly that description only fitted the intro chapter.

>"BIG MAN BIG SWORD CLANG CLANG"
That's what Berserk has been after Golden Age arc, though.

It doesn't matter how much you damage control for your shonenshit arcs, Berserkiddie. No one with taste will ever take the garbage post-GA seriously.

>fighting through impossible odds and never giving up is so cool, guts is so epic bro I bet this will impress his harem

Attached: berserktrash15.png (1156x572, 816K)

My opinion is that shounentards, including hunterfags, should have been purged from this board long ago. Yea Forums's original sin was unironically not saging Naruto.

Prove me wrong, faggots. You can't.

Attached: rinrin.png (1015x1200, 854K)

Can HxH midwits argue using anything other than disingenuous reduction? You bore us.

Impossible.

sure, you can't have Berserk without fight scenes, and that's not even a problem, Berserk's fight scenes are amazing

but you're ignoring both psychological and philosophical elements of post Golden Age arcs and tales of Guts's rehumanization

Obvious bait but remember there a few plots going on in Berserk that aren't based around Berserk or her crew; like Silat, Rickert and Dabi escape or Griffith's adventures in Falconia.

Now then, what can Rickert bring into the table to defeat Griffith? If he is useless then Bakiraki's clan efforts to question him would be in vain.

What of it?

Attached: 1558179027239.jpg (1908x1218, 809K)

You wouldn't have your trash moeshit shows without the money that shounen brings in, retard.

Attached: Jump sales.jpg (769x272, 106K)

>Now then, what can Rickert bring into the table to defeat Griffith?
Da Vinci mechanical war machines.

>no argument
Concession accepted. Great harem manga you have there by the way.

Attached: berserktrash17.png (1004x704, 784K)

correct
shonenfags should go back to r/anime and stay away from this board

That's just what naturally happens when you have a gigachad in the group.

What are you talking about? After Golden Age arc everything became stagnant and nothing interesting happens anymore. Guts and his crew just doesn't have the charisma to be entertaining and the story itself is stuck in endless filler. Not to mention Miura's artwork is slowly getting worse to the point that it's laughable, and he went digital which makes it look shittier. Togashi is improving with his art and is constantly shaking things up in his manga, unlike in Berserk.

Hunter x Hunter explores more mature and dark themes than Berserk despite the more childish visuals. I guess this is why I prefer HxH. I prefer classy intellect over edginess. I have faith that the Dark Continent Arc will be even better than the Golden Age Arc from Berserk.

Falconia is too good to be true...what's the Hawk gonna do with it after he inevitably obtains his kingdom...I don't want Luca to die bros...

shonen is shit we put up with for the moe.

All of Berserk is HEAVILY influenced by Guin Saga, more so than literally anything else. Griffith as a character is straight up Istavan and Guts immediately after the prologue is Guin

Your argument was succinctly dismantled with the first reply.

Neeext.

>classy intellect

Attached: 1565333742367.png (996x868, 798K)

>r/anime
as expected of a moeshit

There is nothing worth noting in those arcs unless you're impressed by Guts assembling a harem. The simplicity of post-GA Berserk's approach is the logic of a power fantasy, with an entire arc being a sequence of fights, it's an approach of shit like DB, not a realistic, believable story. This directly contradicts the nature of smart manga like HxH, which are focused more on political maneuvering and indirect subterfuge, see nen beasts and Hui Go Ro's speech in chapter 362. Berserk's direct confrontations devoid of subterfuge is basically what fighting shounen is and why it's so bad. No one with a triple digit IQ takes this shit seriously.

Attached: berserktrash5.jpg (1200x899, 296K)

>I don't want Luca to die bros...
Sold her soul to the devil.

Attached: 1516505803870.jpg (715x590, 141K)

>Togashi is improving with his art and is constantly shaking things up in his manga,
I already knew I was reading bait but...cmon. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: art.png (665x983, 582K)

How the fuck is that still called a manga?
Shouldn't he move to a LN?

Looks like the shounenshitter filter is working. Stick with your GUTS UNGS SMASH UNGA elf island manga.

Attached: 1541801754106.png (1848x2524, 1.1M)

Amazing how a real piece of intellectual manga like Blame! can get all of that across with no dialogue whatsoever.

So shounentards are essentially wagecucks for good anime, is what you're saying?

Attached: 321.jpg (724x720, 53K)

Manga is a visual medium, not a literary one. If you don't understand that simple fact Im afraid you need to cope.

>believable story
the "fantasy" in dark fantasy stands for:
"the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things." according to google

also the fact that you're calling a shounen manga "smart nature" is saying everything

No shounenbux = no money to make loli moe trash for horny NEETs
Be glad shounen exists, leech.

HxHfags should be moved to Yea Forums

Attached: 1502305709589.png (696x480, 227K)

Sorry to spoil your delusions, but Blame! doesn't contain even 1% of what's going on here.There are very few manga even approaching this level of complexity and I doubt you know of them at all since you're namedropping pleb Nihei shit as if it's good.

Attached: 1543264128939.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

Hunterfags are so fucking autistic it's amazing.
WOW, YOU CAN READ? THAT'S SO FUCKING COOL, BASIC LITERACY IS AWESOME!

You read manga, you don't watch it.

I'm a cross-boarder and they've made threads there, only to get promptly BTFO in less than 10 posts. I actually wanted to step in and help them out because it was so brutal.

>WAAAAH ME NO WANNA READ!!! ME BRAIN AND ME EYES HURT!!! I JUST WANT GUTS KILLING MONSTERS WITH HIS BIG SWOOOOORDS

i'm struggling to understand how
you're preaching harder than the holy see, user

Hunterfags be the type of niggas to only watch the subtitles of anime.

>he thinks people read raws

Attached: 1476486515774.jpg (640x692, 77K)

>pleb Nihei shit
Said the shounen shit-eater.

I understand. It takes some people more than one read-through to parse a manga as dense as Blame!

man i really am enjoying this light novel

you're preaching harder than the holy see, user

Do you think white and black contrast is not part of manga art? That letters and text placement are exempt from artwork? That empty panels cannot possibly contain meaning as they contain no simple shapes you recognize? Togashi chose to keep the white white, except for the parts where he did paneling, and wrote text, and arranged text. If that's not already sufficient then you're making up rules because you're an ignorant fuckwit who doesn't know anything about artistry but thinks he can comment on it.

That page is example of great paneling. Rihan stares at Maor at the start of the page, beginning his train of thought, and then closes us into his deep thoughts. It perfectly captures the way in which the overwhelming situation makes Rihan unable to see anything and retreats into his mind to find the way out. We are trapped alone in the page with Rihan, unable to even "see" anything, and the page makes us feel like him. That's an advanced use of page composition that only a master like Togashi can pull off.

Once again, Berserkspics out themselves as entry level shonenfags who know nothing of the medium's capabilities.

Attached: 1436924865365.png (472x441, 139K)

>Leorio is a Jew
>Kurapika is offbrand Sasuke
>Killua is an assassin and in order to make that clear we will name him KILLua
>Gon has arthritis and can tell the weather

very interesting characters

Brainlet

Attached: WALL.png (3352x1296, 2.29M)

Thread has derailed enough, see you in the next manga hate thread sponsored by Hunter x Hunter (you read it as Hunter Hunter) fans. Hopefully as the 23rd approaches and translations start rolling we can talk about Berserk in another thread.

Can you write something new for once?

Attached: hunterxpasta.png (1860x160, 68K)

does anyone else pretend to be a hunterchad while not having read a single chapter of HxH

>HxH babbies still stuck on shonen preaching how deep it is, yet never passing into seinen or gekiga.

Attached: 1512873645017.jpg (500x498, 44K)

NPC-tier reply, call me when you can formulate something resembling an argument. I bet you can't even describe what's going on in this page, shounenshitter, because subterfuge and diplomatic measures are too complicated for your widdle brain to handle. Read a book or two.

Attached: 1565826730992.jpg (1315x1920, 552K)

Good manga shows what is going on rather than putting a bunch of words on the screen, it shows flashbacks rather than writing a page about it without any visual, it shows thoughts of characters and describes them, instead of being this shit you must be transitioning from LNs to manga, it's okay user

Attached: 1523855475250.png (544x499, 210K)

shounenfags don't even know what gekiga is

>Berserkspics conceding yet again

We can't stop winning, bros. Literally not ONE (1) counter-argument presented by any of these shonenshitter mouthbreathers yet.

Attached: 1499263267053.png (492x466, 160K)

I don’t really think Gon can even compare to Guts. I mean you bring up a good point of Guts’ life always being shit and Gon’s happens to him suddenly but that could be compared to a poor person barely getting by and a rich person suddenly loses their money for a week. One may be used to it but you would not feel bad for the rich person.

No need to wast time with stale pasta

There is no "counter-argument" since there was never an argument in the first place. Now cope.

Togashi can make a good use of "show don't tell" when he wants. In the same volume as that famous Rihan page, you get pic related too. On the left you can see from Theta's perspective and since she had no information, we get no dialogue at all and only images. On the right its from Tse's perspective and we get an explanation from a different POV of what happened in the left panels.

Attached: 1555845068550.jpg (4110x2385, 1.12M)

>Manga is a visual medium
Yes.

>not a literary one
Wrong. Manga belon gs to the graphic novels category which are a part of what is defined as literature.

False, text as art has been a staple of manga since the medium's inception and pages devoid of drawing can be found in works as culturally important as Devilman. Font project your filthy, newfag tier understanding of the artform onto me, Berserk spic. Drawings are not needed in every panel unless it's some cliche garbage for ADHD children and casuals who can't think in the abstract.

Attached: Devilman-V3-164.jpg (780x1220, 149K)

Berserkfags are so stupid, so cowardly, so complacent that they can't even respond to your arguments. They don't have the will to. They're satisfied with being second place to HxH for the rest of their lives.

It's quite sad. It's a literal slave mentality.

There is very keen difference between stylized text like the devil page you have posted, and the uncreative drivel that is .

>uncreative
All the info in that page was required by the reader to understand Rihan's ability and his mindset

Hunterbros btfo brainlets once agian using facts and logic
Feels good

Attached: 1547743113514.jpg (1280x1280, 117K)

>Berserkspic
this doesn't make sense. This isn't DBS. Berserk readers are mostly Anglos.

>not as great as Gon's
He found a place he could call home and a family in the Band of the Hawk. He lost a lot more than Gon ever will because he isn't a sociopath like Gon.

See You can't even name any specific contentions with that page because you know you don't read HxH and it would get dismantled immediately. What a troglodyte.

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

berserkspics on suicide watch

did this in like two minutes
hopefully it looks fine

Attached: yeehaw.jpg (1983x1440, 2.06M)

Dude, not even spics watch DBS

literally never said that text is useless, i tried to say how an illustration with text is the best way to go when going about the things i already mentioned

ironically thinking in the abstract is a great thing you can do while reading Berserk, if you want to put in the effort to try to understand the philosophical and psychological elements of the characters

>Guts regretting his actions and toxic behaviour in Black Swordsman and actually feeling sorry
>Guts realizing how his hate fueled actions hurt those who are innocent
>Guts having a consistently fucked up life and following through with him and how he will manage to deal with the sheer trauma
>Guts having the guts ( no pun intended ) to let others into his life after all what's happened to him - proving he is just as emotionally strong as he is physically

these are pretty easy to understand even if you're not thinking 100% in the abstract, but you probably wouldn't get any of these if you weren't paying attention or weren't thinking about what's going on

now if i constantly wanted to think in the abstract, i would read a book, i wouldn't read manga in the first place

Berserk is tailor made for spics with its simplistic plot, power fantasy MCwho smashes everything with his big sword and has his own harem, generic shonenshit tropes like a party with elemental powers and le church is le evil, etc.

Attached: D-og691XYAA-cBL.jpg (270x420, 38K)

What happened, Berserkfags?

Attached: 1556526142223.jpg (1080x948, 475K)

Seriously, HxH posting gets worse everyday. When are the mods just going to ban HxH /trash/ already?

Charlotte's dress has more detail in this page than anything from wordsxwords

Wrong

Attached: 0246-002.jpg (2122x1600, 742K)

My argument still stands.

That's Spain, not latinos you dumbshit.

huh?

His argument does indeed still stand.
HxH fags are sure delusional.

Yea Forums board quality due to the deperate death throes of HxH fags

> i tried to say how an illustration
A baseless assertion, troglodyte. You've already been presented with objective proof that purposeful lack of illustration has been a major component of manga since the early years of the medium, how about coming up with an argument that isn't mindlessly crying WAAAAAAH NO DRAWINGS over and over? Now feel free to attempt refuting this:
>That page is example of great paneling. Rihan stares at Maor at the start of the page, beginning his train of thought, and then closes us into his deep thoughts. It perfectly captures the way in which the overwhelming situation makes Rihan unable to see anything and retreats into his mind to find the way out. We are trapped alone in the page with Rihan, unable to even "see" anything, and the page makes us feel like him. That's an advanced use of page composition that only a master like Togashi can pull off.

Your shallow and cringeworthy greenest addresses nothing of the writing and structural with Berserk that have been posted ITT. Stop trying to dodge the fact that you lost, spic.

Attached: AAH NO PICTURES.jpg (1066x1600, 84K)

I forgot to save the pic where it shows berserk ripped off some western play.
Please post it

Attached: 1556208128084.jpg (1060x834, 302K)

When you're losing the argument so you screech like a chimp at the opposition in attempt to hide it. How pitifully low IQ.

Attached: 4th_Chad.png (250x249, 19K)

>That page is example of great paneling. Rihan stares at Maor at the start of the page, beginning his train of thought, and then closes us into his deep thoughts. It perfectly captures the way in which the overwhelming situation makes Rihan unable to see anything and retreats into his mind to find the way out. We are trapped alone in the page with Rihan, unable to even "see" anything, and the page makes us feel like him. That's an advanced use of page composition that only a master like Togashi can pull off.

no, that's genuinely nothing unique, get your pseudoartistic shouneshit ass out of Yea Forums

Attached: yotsu (3).jpg (479x558, 48K)

>screeching
>says user who systematically picks what he believes to be the trendiest manga on Yea Forums and shitposts HxH is better
I can't believe we lost sakuraposting for this shit

Sakurafish is reddit-tier

>this only the tip of the iceberg

Attached: hxhfags on suicide watch.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

fpbp
go home, everybody

/thread

>Gon suffers physical consequences

OH MY KILLUA'S SISTER

Friendly reminder everyone these are the “hunterchads”
youtu.be/pUDUK-yvwQs

>mom said real hunterchads don't wake their parents up late at night

I've read both up-to-date and Berserk is definitely better. There's no point of comparison. It really is apples to oranges.
Hunter seems fine for people that enjoyed Shounen very young and are nostalgic for the genre now that they've grown [physically], it stimulates the need to feel like your tastes have "evolved" and they don't have to feel bad about liking things made for children. While Berserk is more for the kind of people that enjoy reading about High Fantasy, not only in manga but also books.

Attached: 1557165225846.png (1488x1080, 1.45M)

Hunter x hunter is good, but to compare it to berserk is just silly.
If there is something berserk does amazingly well
it's to show not tell. It might be a bit too, how should i put it, "subtle" for HxH fans.
You actually have to look at what's behind the expressions characters are making, and what's behind the words they are saying.
A lot of berserk fans even suck at this, with people claiming that griffith did nothing wrong

Attached: 1537018891921.jpg (2048x1536, 521K)

cringe

Yeah i would cringe too if i just realized i have shit taste

their argument still stands Huntervirgin

Did you get lost, buddy?

Now compare it to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=vCmSb40sV1Y

Berserk has no real plot. Any good stories, depth, themes and meaning is entirely coincidental as Berserk is an excuse for Kentaro Miura to draw fucked up stuff, and even Kentaro Miura thinks his own story is shit and will do things like disregard entire chapters he has already published like chapter 83 where you meet God and learn God was created by man as a reason to explain the worlds suffering.

Miura also likes to make lots of open threads and then close them as edgy as he can, however halfway through the series he realized how gay being an edge lord is, but is trapted into a dark edgy story because of how he started the whole story. Berserk now schizophrenicly switches tone between comic cutesy antics and sick fuck Awwright story.

Miura got tired of cutting himself on all that edge

Attached: 86DA0ED2-F29F-4FFA-9677-9665BC672220.jpg (727x600, 165K)

Man, Guts is so hot.

This opinion is only spouted by over sensitive panzies who can't get past some rough imagery and concepts to understand it's there for a reason.
Maybe Berserk is a little bit to character driven for you to truly understand what the point of a lot of chapters are, and you're just interested in the fight scenes, but they're gory as fuck and not your style.
There's a point to showing Guts ruthlessness in fighting.
There's a point to showing the brutalities of the medival setting such as needless murder, poverty and rape.
There's a point for the world being so dark where everything sacred is trampled on with no disregard. It's to highlight the good times, what brings people through it. The friendships the adventures, the lessons.

Schierke is cute

cont.
I do however agree with some of the latter part of your post, i don't like the constant comedic relief that's inserted now.
I always hated puck but atleast he was there for a reason, now he's just there to occasionally do something mildly amusing.
The introduction of Fantasia isn't bad and i feel was worked in well enough for it to feel like a natural shift. The world is going insane, Griffith is a literal messiah and humans and demons are working together.
The show still has lots of what you would call "edge"
Like Casca's dream chapter with the giant penis monsters. This of course being a reflection of her trauma.
Bring me one instance of edge that doesn't have purpose.

I know, Guts.

>white background the manga
also why the fuck was this treated so tragic when he just got his fucking limb back and reverted to a child again

hxh is just filled with this "oh my rubber nen" bullshit where the author can't actually commit to doing anything interesting

gon suffered more

i cant imagine the torment that is living in a shitty series for all eternity

trully a worse fate does not exist

Clearly Guts, Gon-san is the consequence of Gon's inability to cope with even a faction of pain and loss that Guts has had endured his entire life.

But who cares, suffering alone doesn't make something good or bad.

Gon hasn't even suffered as much as anyone else in his own story, kurapika and killua easily surpass him

Kek

killua has not suffered.

>disingenuous reduction
This

At least the naruto filler arcs shine a light on side character motivations

Add Leorio too, who lost his friend. Worst Gon had was being abandoned by his father, which is pretty shitty but he isn't too bothered by it; Mito is such a good mother to him that he doesn't care who is biological mother is, and bears no resentment toward Ging, instead following in his footsteps. Most of Gon's suffering until Kite's death had been self-inflicted or requisite.

>wha wha a manga can only have one tone
>my brain to small

not to mention it's basically canon that the little faggot is too autistic too really be upset about his upbringing

He's a soft old man now. Series also tend to go limp when you add/are left with lots of women, children, and non-threatening male characters.

Shounenfags are trash but Fate is basically the same shit with pretty girl focus.

>boohoo some Hunter I knew for 5 minutes got ganked by a trap cat
A great sin of the 2011 anime is not including the first goddamn chapter. Kite is the one who introduced Gon to the world of hunters. Gon even picked up his philosophy on dealing with living creatures. It was stupid to cut out the prologue to the story that helps us understand the main character and why he's doing anything.

because hxhfags and berserktards are mentally ill

But that chapter doesn't teach us anything about Hisoka

Can't forget O MY MAGIC ARM HEALING CARD

>have nothing
>live for nothing
>dont even know the reason why youre still alive
>be given a family
>be given a lover
>be given a reason to live
>then some gay retard just throws it away for his ambitions
Guts

>some gay retard
Don't dampen it. It was his best friend, who sold him out and raped his girl right in front of him.