Why do normalfags hate harems so much?

Why do normalfags hate harems so much?
WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S A FANTASY

Attached: haremu.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Why do you inquire about normalfags on Yea Forums? Yea Forums is about the study of anime & manga, not about research on normalfags.

I only hate it when the MC refuses to have sex with the harem. And Liza needed to be beside him.

Do you? See /r9k/ and all those post advocating for legalizing pedophilia and polygamy

Because it’s a shitty fantasy, it’s a guy with a bunch of female characters who he never actually gets or has feelings for. If the MC had a relationship with any of the girls it’s fine, but it usually turns into just girls standing around for fan service.

I’d rather have one fan service character with actual development then a bunch of pointless girls that don’t do anything with the story.

Because of all the shitty tropes that come standard with every harem series, regardless on how they end (or don't).
Also and

This.
>Lets give that guy a harem full of cute girls but hey, we don't want to upset the virgin demographics! They wouldn't want to buy figures of used goods

Attached: law of this land.jpg (1016x720, 267K)

There's nothing that normalfags hate more than losers getting to indulge on their fantasies

The MC in too many harems are really boring.
When they have an interesting array of girls it feels a waste that they have to spend so much time interacting with a dull character.

It's a waste of girls to have them all fawning over one dude. It completely ruins them.

Normalfags love harems though

Its shit because it never indulges full-on polygamy.
That actually makes it even more pathetic, because the fantasy isn't actually having multiple women at your disposal, the fantasy is just having multiple women lust over you so you can pick the best one.
Fans of harem anime want to be girls with a bunch beta orbiters and fuck chad, is essentially what I'm saying.

Because they have been done to death already. Just let them die.

>not wanting 4 loli wives
Low test as fuck

Harem makes for sorry writing and shitty, overused jokes.

Attached: dab.jpg (500x505, 25K)

As other's pointed out, they're just rarely ever done well. There's nothing wrong with wish fulfillment, but too many of them are cheap, lazy, and formulaic. If you've seen one you've seen them all. That's also why the few that actually do something good with the idea are remembered fondly.

fantasies need to be realistic enough that we can suspend our disbelief
some loser with no money and the personality of a wet paper towel having supermodels constantly sucking his dick is unbelievable to the point of unself-insertable

Holy shit that dog girl is cute, how much screentime does she get?

CGDCT does everything that harems attempt to do with less of the annoying aspects: drama, indecisive/dense MC, split focus, shipping wars, and worst girl always wins.

You know what I have been wondering for some time now?
At times, the MC from harem shows, is male. And along with that comes a single fact that he HAS to jerk off.
I mean, let's just be real for a second here.
But, the mc is sleeping with his harem every day.
So... how does he jerk off?
That must be a herculean task lmao, the only way to have a harem in anime is to not fuck them.
But he also can't jerk off.
So it's basically Hell on earth imao.

This. They drag things out for as long as possible so they can sell more volumes. I like VNs as thanks to explicit sex scenes the romance will actually go somewhere.

So is shonen but it'll keep being a thing.

>he HAS to jerk off.
That's a myth.
It's very easy to not jerk off unless you've already done it so much that you've developed an addiction.

Satou doesn't, he pays prostitutes instead. So it's hell for the harem.

Ideally when they do start having sex, it isn't at the very end too. The opposite with constant sex from the first time they meet is a different problem that can occur.

OP's MC hires prostitutes, which his harem doesn't like but he gives no fucks.

enjoy your prostate cancer, lmao

And he is the exception, not the rule. What do others do?

I imagine most of the time it's that if they can't include sex, showing anything else is not considered relevant enough either or too much detail.

>some loser with no money
MC is often a walking nuke and amasses influence and wealth quickly
>personality
Which you don't need any longer once you got those.

But the thing is Harem MCs are constantly surrounded by sexy girls, put into lewd, sometimes "borderline sex but not actually sex" situations with them on a regular basis and are NOT fucking them. How can anyone refrain from jacking off?

>What do others do?
Kazuma jerks off and pays succubi.
Even then having a harem doesn't mean you are under surveillance 24/7.
Most people like to ignore masturbation is a thing too.

The sex thing is a trick.
It seems like the mc intentionally does not have sex with the girls as long as there are only few of them:
Because it would automatically introduce the dynamic of a "relationship" or "cheating" into the mix.
The sexret is to wait for so long until the girls themselves among themselves decide to SHARE the mc.
At this point, it is free for all, as the critical mass of harems is finally reached.

I have been trying to apply this to real life, but so far there has been very little success if I might say so. Perhaps there are some more secrets these Japanese creators hold that need to be unveiled first. I am convinced that after I watch a few more Harmes, the final truth might reveal itself to me

Attached: make_anime_real.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

>normalfags
More like everyone with a brain

>personality
>implying girls care about """personality"""

>Even then having a harem doesn't mean you are under surveillance 24/7.
It still can be enough to stop anything from happening, if there is conveniently surveillance only when it gets in the way.
>Most people like to ignore masturbation is a thing too.
Sometimes harem members have to be doing it too. I can't imagine after seeing Satou's body and being denied she hasn't used that view for anything.

>is to wait for so long until the girls themselves among themselves decide to SHARE the mc.
Unironically this is the only way it can work out, otherwise it is just a love polygon where most participants are set to crash and burn.
The wives have to like each other for real or it is fated to crumble.

Attached: __aqua_chomusuke_darkness_megumin_and_satou_kazuma_kono_subarashii_sekai_ni_shukufuku_wo_drawn_by_pa (608x864, 84K)

Nobody cares what women want, but we have personality

>forgot to turn off my swag today and woke up covered in bitches

>this is the only way it can work out,
Realistically, you have to set it up in a way that the girls are also interested in each other. Don't put the guy in the center of a star, make sure that there are actual orgies every night. You might be able to fuck 5 girls in a row, but if the girls have to wait for you for so long until it's finally their turn, it's not a very enjoyable evening, even if you are a good fuck.

No, you made the mistake of assuming that girls think like guys. This is not the case. As an example of how something like this works in real life, consider the following source:

"Narrated Qatada: Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268.

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Muntathir: on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha about the saying of Ibn 'Umar (i.e. he did not like to be a Muhrim while the smell of scent was still coming from his body). 'Aisha said, "I scented Allah's Apostle and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives, and in the morning he was Muhrim (after taking a bath)." Volume 1, Book 5, Number 270." - Sahih Bukhari, On Muhammad's Sexual Stamina

What you are describing is how Yuri friendship harems work, but that is a different topic entirely and something that needs to be viewed from an entirely different perspective, realistically, THAT would only work out if every single one of them is MtF(INCLUDING YOU), and they have somehow managed to perfect the procedure by 2050.

The interesting characters in harems stories are always the girls, but they rarely interact with each other without using the male MC, usually the worst character, as a conduit. Character development and interactions are kinda important in storytelling, so harems are handicapped by default thanks to the male MC being a requirement for anything to move.

The act of simply removing the male MC and allowing the girls to interact with each other directly drastically increases the potential to tell a better story and develop better characters. Thus CGDCT, female-focused SoL and the like are better on average as they cut out the fat. The only problem with them is that hetfags, haremfags and anti-yurifags can't stand them since they 1) can't self-insert since they need a dick in the story to do so, and 2) hate the idea that women can live without having men (self-insert MC) be the only thing they think about. Some authors have tried to create reformed harems that attempt to remedy its worst parts, but unfortunately you never get rid of the toxic fanbase. They'll tear up and burn your works, stalk you online and real life and generally make your life a living hell if their waifu doesn't win or turns out to be "used goods".

I only like harem in hentai. Anything else and it's just boring and trite as fuck.

I used to know a girl who was in an MFF relationship and she was unhappy about it because the guy insisted that he was the center of it all.
What your post describes is a guy OWNING a lot of wives. These girls do not need to feel content. They might if they accept him as their ruler. But that's a different concept from what most harems are about (excepting the popular slave harems)

It's ridiculous how many guys need a male self insert to be "engaged" in a story.

All jokes aside, that is not how it works.
The actual true way to get a harem is to be an ultra dominant male with unreasonably high value, and then you just have one wife. And from that point, you simply take a second one and tell both of them openly that this is what you are going to do.
The truth about female nature is that they are really basic. And if your value is so overwhelming that being with you AS ONE OF MANY is better then anything else, then that's what she is going to do.

Read pic related, and be enlightened.

Attached: EvolutionOfLoveComedy.png (1197x1250, 56K)

I agree when it concerns 3DPD, but 2D women are not like that, they are better and actually capable of loving their man and children.

>she was unhappy
>she wasn't getting enough attention
how do you KNOW that she was unhappy, user?
>in before """she told me that"""

>how do you KNOW that she was unhappy, user?
Because I met her in a psychiatric hospital?

Yuri harem is the only acceptable form of harem.

Attached: 1565606341234.jpg (870x1200, 1.18M)

Normalfags liked Tenchi, which is arguably one of the best harems of all time. Most modern harems have shit writing and poorly thought out characters, so they deserve all the hate they receive.

In my case it's because I sympathies too much with the girl and think the idea of a harem is unfair for them. Each one deserves a complete love, not a fraction of it.

Agree, gotta do lewd shit with the girls and fuck them too.

Attached: Ykt1pFq.jpg (1442x2048, 493K)

>female-focused SoL
>can't self-insert
user, I shall explain to you the appeal of that kind of shows:
You self-insert AS THE GIRLS, and all at the same time.
Also, SoL harem characters, DO NOT ACT LIKE GIRLs.
Anyone with any sense of realism would immediatly realize that. Unironically that reminds me much more of the way young BOYs act in a summercamp - not girls.
All SoL harem characters are actually MtF, who still kept their male brains and interests but are free to be cute and affectionate because of their female bodies.
This then turns you into a tranny after some time, if you are not really really careful with it.
It's literally the bare end of the pipe, and after that comes and abyss where it goes faaar faaar down.

>hate the idea that women can live without having men
hahahahaha, lol no.

Attached: animeClif.png (500x566, 39K)

Women hate it because it doesn't pander to them, i.e. the guy is made to be relatable to the male audience rather than attractive to women. Normalfags "hate" it because they want to virtue signal on the internet in the hopes of appealing to women that way so that they might sleep with them as a reward for being feminist.

I've just looked this up on MU, and I've got to say this is the worst description I've read so far.
It makes me wonder if some virus ate half the text.

>Implying the relationship caused it
Yea, well she was insane, lmao.
You can't do much about BPD

>so that they might sleep with them as a reward for being feminist.

Did that ever work out for anyone?

Yeah, it was a pretty bad description, probably made by someone that is a beginner in moon runes or through MTL.

>Yea Forums is about the study of anime & manga
That's why 99.99% of the people here treat anime similar to western public television, eh? Stop being delusional. Yea Forums is a shitposting board, and that's exactly what almost all its users treat it as.

It works out for Belle Delphine, alright.

Attached: MoreMoneyThenYourParents.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

because:
>shows the girls lusting for MC's dick yet never have sex with the MC
>MC is always generic as fuck , same as in OP image , black hair ,sits at the bottom of the class always looking at the window , "he is a good guy"
>romance goes nowhere

It’s lame because every girls development is locked behind the incredibly lame MC. And because there’s always a main girl and the MC can’t be everywhere at once this means that 1 or 2 girls get all the screen time and development while the others are regulated to comic relief and the occasional dramatic bit.

Basically it’s the problem with real polygamy. As much as everyone would like to believe they are equally loved, there is ultimately a very clear hierarchy.

Do you actually think people actually secretly like your favorite anime and just aren’t telling you about it for sex?

No, I think they're not getting any. It's an effort in futility.

>WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S A FANTASY
This. One of these is over 30, and the other one is her daughter, by the way.

Attached: [Kirin]_Masamune-kuns_Revenge_-_OVA_[DVD_1024x576_x264].mkv - 0019.jpg (1024x576, 117K)

>As much as everyone would like to believe they are equally loved, there is ultimately a very clear hierarchy.
This. And honestly, the girls are pretty shit for for staying with a man who will never give 100% of his time and love to her.

People will look at you funny if you say that you enjoy something like this, I assume.

Attached: hypocrites.webm (600x338, 2.32M)

>girls are pretty shit THAT'S WHY THEY stay with a man who will never give 100% of his time and love to them.
Fixed that for you.

Because harems aren't done right.
They usually are monogamy romances disguised as harems (if even THAT)
Or sleazeball corruption/Mind Control hentai where the MC is an edgelord made for teenagers.
If there were more Harems where the MC wasn't some rapist that only wannabe rapists look up to and where the women are given the relatively same development it'd be a far less stigmatized genre

Too much screen time wasted on said harem.

A chart could probably be made similar to this for harems. Just calling something a harem isn't enough of a description, and most use the worst kinds.

Attached: 1563066971704.jpg (1670x799, 232K)

Also, no one would watch it.
Harems exist in the way they do because of the eternal laws of supply and demand.
You are a retard for even thinking that this is a good idea.

The best harem is when the protagonist is unironically a rapist and actually unapologetically rapes the girls, and they like it.
Sadly you can't do that.

Harems have too many things that can (and do) go wrong to make a simple chart like that.

Probably. I was thinking about trying to make one focusing on how much focus each of the girls get over time, but haven't been motivated enough to even attempt to see how badly it would turn out.

>have a few girls that are actually good
>the rest are dogshit
>all of them are reduced to orbiting a lameass and not getting the same development as a regular relationship

>hetfags, haremfags and anti-yurifags
I hope this is irony but Poe's law couldn't be more in effect and it is as likely that you're an insane /u/fag.

Given the rate of rape and sexual misconduct of Male Feminists, quite poorly.

>Basically it’s the problem with real polygamy. As much as everyone would like to believe they are equally loved, there is ultimately a very clear hierarchy.
Not a real problem since you can be sufficiently loved even if not equally. The real issue is people that vouch for such equality but in actuality they want to be above the others.

>Posting this biased and now horribly outdated chart.
Remind me again who turned Dere just to go back to being bitchdere because family drama again?
Spoken like a true edgy teen who has zero idea what people want out of their series.
I bet in your imaginary world Elfen Lied and Akame Ga Kill sell more than Sailor Moon, Lucky Star and Cromarte.

none of those shows are harems, user.

Because the MC never acts on the affection, the women of his harem give him. All he does is cry and run away. It's cringe.

Please don't burn down a mangaka's home when they fail to cater to your delusions.

Is there a harem where the MC Isn't a little bitch. One where he acts like a man. Jesus it's cringey watching those little boys run away and act so girly.

I really dont understand how people self insert. I cant do it because im not a jap twink manlet, im built and fairly tall. Also im not a giant fucking pussy and cant relate to having 10/10 anime sluts begging for my cock 24/7 without me impregnating all of them during the first day. Harems are trash and became unwatchable for a me after I started lifting and stopped being a loser. I much prefer ecchi anime where there are no male MCs, its more enjoyable to have different girls with different stories instead of all them being attracted to a faggot manlet.

Monogatari.

This. I cant stand it anymore, but for me I wish there were harems where the MC is not a bitch, instead physically a chad. Im tired of these beta twinks

(You)

I see that "it's just delusional fantasy" argument all the fucking time. It's fucking amusing.

>Yea Forums is about the study of anime & manga, not about research on normalfags.
I thought this was Yea Forums - normalfaggot research organisation

Attached: 1555948397533.png (1012x1178, 556K)

>than losers getting to indulge on their fantasies
But nobody indulges in shit. The MC has all this bitches literally throwing themselves at him but he still never seals the deal because..."reasons." It's almost always some flavor of HAH HAH WE'RE GOOD FRIENDS or I WONDER WHY SHE'S MAD. And in the extreme instance "Rias get your tits out of my face Im trying to become a harem king"

Attached: High_School_DxD_BorN_-_07_(BD_1080p)_(FFF).mkv_snapshot_08.44_[2017.11.11_06.33.25].jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

god this takes me back

Harems ruin characters. Highschool dxd would have been better if it was all female with no male mc, same for hotd, could you imagine if the dumbbell one was a harem? I like macchio but man it would have been complete trash. I would much rather watch cute girls do cute things with some teasing and ecchi in there. I dont need a beta faggot male MC because im not a pathetic virgin who needs to self insert

This, its always the girls that are interesting im fucking tired of the lame MCs who dont even dick down the girls

I’m a wizard but outside of fapping I don’t care for harem ends as a concept.

The fact is that women aren’t down with polygamy, and even if a character was so charming and attractive that the girls in the harem accepted it, deep down the character is breaking all their hearts by not picking them. I don’t like it.

Do you know what I want to see. A series where the side character of a Harem series is the main character. He sees the "Harem MC" with his Harem and just takes them as his own.
And the Harem MC lives his life in great regret. Especially seeing his former Harem consisting of his Senpai, Childhood friend, Student council president etc all in love with the MC and having their love reciprocated. It's heavily implied he had sex with them all sending the Harem MC in a spiral of depression.

where all the girls fight to have and

What did he mean by this? I really don't get it. Didn't he like her? She just gave herself to him?

Attached: 1563804992214.png (1115x1600, 766K)

I understand why NTR exists now. These MC really need a dose hard cold reality. In real life Issei would be getting cucked.

DxD without issei would be Prisma Illya, and holly molly is it better for it.

Attached: illya.png (1280x720, 957K)

> A trump type MC where he's a Billionaire and fucks all kinds of women is what we need.

It’s because bluepilled cucks don’t realize harems exist in reality for GigaChads

I dont know if this is autism but whenever I watched a harem I kept imagining myself as a character who NTRs the MC and fucks all the girls. Its also why I cant stand harems anymore, I just despise faggot MCs like

I would love if harems had gigachad MCs and not pussy manlets for nips to insert as
Exactly

This isn't strictly harem related but I really hate how all this high school MC are all loaded up with this Chuuni jargon bullshit.

>Japanese MC is born with the power of the balance breaker from ancient Wales that lets him access to form of whatever for no reason than because fuck you and it's always the most powerful bestest one.

Like it's one thing if he falls into the power externally, but the reasons to make the MC super special just keep getting more and more rote

I see what you did thar.

Attached: fry.jpg (560x282, 31K)

Can I please have a yuri battle harem? why is this such an unreasonable request

I forgot Kampfer existed.
Compare this to western equivalents though - it would be considered "sexist" here.

you mean like Prisma Illya?

It's the ultimate NTR. People are jealous their waifus are content with being desperaet thirsty sluts willing to share the MC just to taste his cock

Not enough miyu x illya or luvia x rin. Its more just Kuro slutting up the other girls
>emiya shirou

I don't think Mormons have much of a problem with it, desu

Why do normalfags hate loli whorehouse harems so much?
WE ALREADY KNOW IT'S A FANTASY

Attached: 158.png (1057x1500, 704K)

>The wives have to like each other for real or it is fated to crumble.
That's why even heterosexual harem should be a bit yuri. Like in your wives love you the most, but instead of scheming to get rid of competitors, then find more fun things to do with ech other.

idk, why do failed normalfags think they "fit in with the weebs" because they like haremshit

>I really dont understand how people self insert.
Most people are literally unable to self-insert. Self-insertion has nothing to do with the physical appearance of the character or their personality.

It's like Schrödinger's Cat. Almost no one has any idea what it's about and everybody talks about it.

Nah, that's lame. I want to read a manga where the harem mc's best friend is the protag, and he has a lovey-dovey relationship with someone ending with him marrying and knocking her up while the harem mc is still a pathetic virgin and making no progress years later

Attached: 1528635254032.png (480x433, 171K)

Piggy duke?

There was one. The protagonist saved the girls from rapists and they fell in love with her for it. But it ended with the girls going back to the rapists for reasons I will never understand.
Maybe it was just a big "Fuck You" to all the yuri fans out there.

Or japs could make the main guy more than self insert kinda character? Or is that too much to ask for yurifag because you faggots can't stand male characters.

>Maybe it was just a big "Fuck You" to all the yuri fans out there.
Now I want to read that.

I don't hate harems as in the idea itself. I hate it when it's poorly executed. Or if they are putting in one and the MC never does anything with this situation. Like actually having sex with the harem. Bloody hate densest metals known to man not realizing this.

Speaking of densest metal...

But Macchio is not beta male.

Macchio is muscle-sexual though

shonen is a target demographic not a genre

That's because he's not a harem lead. If he where a harem lead he would be perpetually oblivious. His position as a supporting character means we only see him when he can be funny or interesting but if he where the lead he'd have to carry the show.

>Or japs could make the main guy more than self insert kinda character?
I already said reformed harems are things, but it still doesn't solve inherent issues with harems and it doesn't do anything about the terrible fanbase.
>Or is that too much to ask for yurifag because you faggots can't stand male characters.
You faggots have to get more creative with your insults. Male characters are fine once they are more than self-inserts for your power fantasies and are actual people.

>Why do normalfags hate harems so much?
It's repulsive to see someones fantasies so flagrantly displayed. It's like if I was walking in on some fat neckbeard humping is dakimakura. How dare you display your gross fantasies in front of me, you pathetic waste of space.

Can't identify patterns.
Please come back when you're 18.

I wouldn't even call it flagrant. It's just lazy. It's right up there with isekai as a genre so devoid of actual creativity. It's a paint by numbers concept. You take a everyman self insert MC then you just add girls who exist as stock archetypes before anything else. The shy girl, the tomboy, the ara ara, the tsundere etc etc.

It's hard to be original these days but it shouldn't excuse from at least trying to dress it up better.

Haremshit wouldn't be nearly so offensive if the MC was an actual chad that it makes sense girls would be attracted to him. Also if he actually fucked the girls instead of being a stuttering pathetic mess. You are right about it being a fantasy so why not make the MC an actually attractive and overpowered character?
People hate haremshit because the MC is always a spineless worm and it makes zero sense that any woman would find attractive. It probably a big factor in creating incels who become delusional about their expectations and expect girls to behave like braindead fanservice props they are in haremshit.

When you get the occasional character who really does act somewhat like a girl people lose their shit.

Attached: v82j90sn1ri21.jpg (589x1091, 220K)

Show me 1 (one) incel who actually thinks life works like a harem anime

I used to be more critical of the premise, but I have become a wizard since my 20s. Having experienced women who not only ignore you, but go out of their way to pretend that you don't exist kind of put perspective on things.

When I realized "ah, I am on the very bottom of this social hierarchy", suddenly the basic-ness of this sort of escapist fantasy doesn't bother me as much.

Its not difficult to appeal to me, just have a relative low status male being dotted on, have women express interests, or some sort of public display of affection you get my attention. Although unfortunately, much of series that led up to the sort of interactions that I am interested in tend to be painfully dull, and formulaic. I have seen enough of it in the 00s , I don't need to watch another similar magical battle high school setup again. Unless there is a very strong hook or character design I was interested in, I tend not to give them a second look. The last time a series really entertained me that technical has harem in it, was Moshoku Tensai.

Nowadays I started drawing my own harem comics but its actually more difficult then I expected.

>not being able to self insert as a cute anime girl
I'm truly living the life

Better success rate than incels and neckbeards, for sure.

>implying that male feminists aren't also incels

>MC is just a wish-fullfillmenf loser who is covered in bitches because the plot demands it.
>His best bro gets absolutely no female attention despite being cooler and loyal to the people he cares about.

>there is ultimately a very clear hierarchy
True and also why it could never work out in the long run. The neglected girls will eventually turn elsewhere for attention and to satisfy their sexual needs.
Humans are monogamous by nature and don't like to share their mate. That goes for both males and females. So unless all involved parties are some super enlightened zen hippies who are okay with non-exclusive open relationships, then there is no way everybody involved is happy. Unless there is some other incentive like you are paying the harem A LOT of cash to stick around.

Yeah buy orgasm denial is their fetish.

Attached: 1562959509444.gif (500x281, 2.03M)

I miss when group shipping was a more common thing. I swear it's like weebs throw a goddamn fit every time anything with a vagina even so much looks at another dude because it takes away from their self insert

>Humans are monogamous by nature
user sure likes to go around spewing bullshit when it is pretty much proven that in practice we are anything but.

Yeah same. I think it’s interesting to
see multiple couples in a show.

Yeah, this is why MCs just shouldn't have male friends to begin with.

I blame Persona. Trails of Cold Steel got fucked pretty hard by this. I like the games and Im not saying I have any particular ships I'd have rather seen but it's almost like the characters all exist in a vacuum sometimes outside of when they interact with Rean.

Attached: 8a612fa6234681ef107b6562af9ab43b.jpg (600x900, 141K)

Comparatively, Tokyo Xanadu's cast interact among each other a lot more (though they're still typically paired off) and even if they're just standard archetypes themselves they actually feel like a stronger group because they do things together outside the hero.

Attached: TX new year.jpg (5130x2206, 3.53M)

From all these posts I start to see patterns:
>those that primarily seek straight-up pornography, delivered as soon and frequently as possible
>those that to an unreasonable extend focus more on the main character than on the girls, action, and plot
>those that can't separate fantasy from reality, and it impairs their enjoyment when it dissonates with the situations they find themselves in
>those that reject all forms of polyamory regardless of reason
>those that lack the empathy required to place themselves in the position of the characters
>NTRfags
>/u/niggers

To showcast some of the actually reasonable criticism laying under the rubble, most of which can I agree with:

>it’s a guy with a bunch of female characters who he never actually gets or has feelings for. If the MC had a relationship with any of the girls it’s fine, but it usually turns into just girls standing around for fan service.
>I’d rather have one fan service character with actual development then a bunch of pointless girls that don’t do anything with the story.

>it never indulges full-on polygamy.

>the girls rarely interact with each other without using the MC as a conduit. Character development and interactions are important in storytelling, so harems are handicapped thanks to the MC being a requirement for anything to move.
(Edited for conciseness and to remove /u/shit)

>because there’s always a main girl and the MC can’t be everywhere at once this means that 1 or 2 girls get all the screen time and development while the others are regulated to comic relief and the occasional dramatic bit.

>They usually are monogamy romances disguised as harems (if even THAT)
>Or sleazeball corruption/Mind Control hentai where the MC is an edgelord made for teenagers.

It's worth pointing out that a good bunch of "harem" series aren't actually harems but "who will MC choose in the end" deals.

Attached: __himenokouji_akiko_himenokouji_akito_nasuhara_anastasia_nikaidou_arashi_and_sawatari_ginbee_haruomi (2050x1444, 705K)

I feel like the good harem series typically kept the harem aspect sort of in the background, not even hidden but like there should be something else going on.

This, but also the MC being a weak, spineless piece of shit with the most cookie cutter design to rival Saber face. Every time it's always the: same backstory, same misunderstanding with the first girl, same plot progression and slow pacing, same lame ass hair, same weak limbs and same voice. The better MCs I can think of are Rance and the MC from Irregular at Magic High School, but he's questionable. We need better MC's that are bold, strong, confident, and entertaining to watch and see in their own show. Also the most important thing of all is having muscles and great hair. Kamina is my own ideal example if a great MC, alongside Simon.

Attached: 1446173611-77d87be029e763e912caf2ca64d59e48.png (400x209, 178K)

That's also part of what too often makes side male characters better than the main one. They tend to have more personality. Making the harem members show more interest in doing things other than just the MC helps too, and not end up being mostly irrelevant whenever it's not an arc dedicated to them.

>that rare chad that "steals" MC's childhood friend before she officially loses the bowl
Not a from a harem but how times has this been done?

Attached: db3c03bcb6f34a9ee46e.png (891x1300, 435K)

>Kamina

Really? Your ideal is a loud mouthed braggart who by his own admission has to hide behind the back of a child and then dies like a bitch?

most hate it due to the shitty-ass pussy-ass MC
others because the other characters are shit too

But then it didn't evolve into full yuri harems like the pic implied. Instead it went into battle harems and then isekai. You LIED to be pic.

to be fair when we see people act like actual guys we also get offended

fuck reality

>Why do X hate harems so much?
harem parts generaly add nothing to the plot, dont devlop characters in a productive way or offer any information on the setting.
And the rare times it happens it is absolutly cancerous, no new work really elevate trough that shitty trope.

I can see that you don't even know who Kamina is if you're able to undervalue and cut out large parts of his character, while also blowing up minor negative qualities that are overcome by him. Doubt you've even watched the show too.

yet most of the people I see shit on harems and SoL tend to be manimefags (that and the usual hipster).

I figure the girls on Yea Forums are busy masturbating to shoujo, yaoi, Jump manga that's totally targeted to males guys that's why it has so much sweaty pretty boys, and the occasional lolis (they are a universal constant).

Because the worst girl is always endgame.

It has so much effort to quality gap

to have a good harem you need to characterize the MC and the entire harem, make their relationship believable, and make a good reason explanation to Mc's choice or a believable harem ending, but you aren't going to get any of them because anyone who works on harem probably doesn't care much

Modern tsundere was never good.

>Infinite Stratos
>Choosing Houki over Cecilia, Charlotte and Eyepatch.
Show should've stopped at the first season and left everything ambiguous and up to the watcher

I can never remember the name
all I know it has the word "shit" in it

Most harem seems to generally be a typical slow romance show but with bonus girls made to drag things out and cock block and progress with the main heroine who the author clearly favors anyways

wish we had more series like pic related but with the MC actually being female

Attached: 004-005.png (1705x1200, 482K)

I can't self insert as a girl unless there's a cute boy for them to get thirsty over

No, it split into SoL and pleb harems, the pic remained right.

Is not being able to self insert the new NPC meme?

No and self-inserting is stupid

No, it's the old and current functional human being meme.

I thought of countless harem plots like the MC wants to fuck the rich slut, the girls don’t want to fuck yet, or the MC fell in love with the harem. But of course these retarded writers choose the infuriating route since people love to see stupid shit that makes no sense just like most TV shows.

That’s definitely why cockblocks aren’t even used anymore when they’re good excuses for why the MC can’t fuck his harem instead of being gay and retarded at the same time

Everything in anime is dumbed down and uninteresting. A real life harem is actually some of the most disgusting and vile materialized nightmare you can imagine.

Shitsuraken Yeah I read it and the ending was trash

But they do?

Look how uninterested he is despite having Five women wrapped around him. The pic alone tells you why Harem is hated. Japanese men aren’t men their emasculated little girls.

Pretty much otherwise why would anyone bother?

Because it's the same boring shit every time. Unless the story takes place in a social climate where harems are appropriate every single harem-centric story should end within ten chapters/three episodes. But they don't, instead it wastes your fucking time by having every character behave like a complete retard instead of everyone just getting together and the MC making up his mind. It's a fantasy that gives zero credit to the characters involved. No one in their right mind would ever put up with the shit that the members of most anime harems put up with. They'd look for a different fish in the sea, or at the very least put their foot down and make the "MC" choose instead of leading an entire quintet of women on just long enough for some le epic and wacky romcom antics to ensue. Even the MCs are retarded. Yes, it's a wonderful little male fantasy, but a harem would quickly go the way of School Days if it lasted a fraction of the length most harem manga go on for these days. An MC who's willing to put up with all of that shit and lead on multiple women at the same time in an actual "I hope he picks me" mindset is not only retarded but morally reprehensible. He clearly doesn't give a shit about any of them if he's willing to let this sort of thing last longer than a few days.

Attached: 69B64995-97FA-4F4C-BA15-63DDCC11D689.png (500x563, 128K)

He has that face all the time. He probably has it when he's fucking prostitutes too.

I want a Harem of single mom. The amount of “Ara ara” makes me diamonds.

Because its a pathetic fantasy thats usually pandering to the max but also completely flaccid. Its like if Mormons made anime.

Harem anime is shit because it relies on convenience after convenience to work out. The protagonist has maxed out luck every single time since just one thing going wrong would make any harem a pain in the ass to have and the reader can't be confronted with that. Harem anime just end up being some half assed family shit where everyone bonds as a group with some lighthearted rivalry going on.

The ability to self insert seems pretty NPC to me. The fact you can see yourself in a generic MC designed to appeal to as many people as possible. Shits fucked,

>surrounded by girls 24/7
>gets his rocks off in brothels
>a literal god falls in love with him
>tells him to have at least 100 children with 100 girls so she can love one of them when he dies
>lol no durr thats cheating
Author is a straight up hack.

>author writes a vague non-ending because they don't want to commit and risk pissing off x amount of fans

The author seems to also be one that introduces more girls instead of using the existing ones better. We get more about demon lord fights instead of arcs focusing on the existing girls. And Satou clearly could have fucked Nana anytime he wanted to and no one could stop him.

>a literal god falls in love with him
>tells him to have at least 100 children with 100 girls so she can love one of them when he dies
>lol no durr thats cheating
NTR is justified at this point!

I hope the ending changes from the web novel, it's so fucking trash.

would it even be NTR if MC clearly has no real romantic attachment to the harem?

self-insert bullshit of the worst kind

Having 6 people sleeping on top of you would be massively uncomfortable you know.

When he realises he’s alone just like his previous life but this time no one to love him then yeah.

normalfags are sad and lonely but pretend they are fine and are not willing to accept escapism so the response is an aggressive one

>gudako
Based

The mc is a massive normalfag, he was 30 in his original world but is 15 in this one. Instead of taking advantage of his newfound youth and fucking younger girls he's stuck in his oldman mindset. He only looks at older women with huge tits.

Gudako x Gudao should be the only canon ship. The rest are just mistresses.

>He has never seen a Sultan's harem

Because not everyone is a virgin neckbeard like you

This

I need to catch up since I haven't much this year, but the plans to end it in that volume didn't seem like a good idea. I want it to go back to traveling with his harem, without so many interruptions.

mohammed the creator of islam and muslims of today, as well as most otaku nips

Konosuba, Sekirei, Date A Live, and that beta faggot with the glasses. Are there any other series where the MC should’ve been cucked immediately?

I agree, Not only there needs to be unique personalities but they seriously need to drop the fucking boring MC design with lame hair and twink build seriously. Fuck self-inserting

>beta faggot with the glasses
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai? Yea he infuriates me by just looking at him, instead of self inserting as MCs like him, I would rather insert as a thug who bashes his skull against a wall and fuck the girls

Whats there to like about anime with a boring to death bland, faggot, pussy, bitch-made MCs who have nothing remotely interesting about them even design wise, and to top it off they rarely fuck any of the girls. Seriously though, I dont get how anyone can self insert. Does anyone know any harem where the MC is interesting, and is a chad??

Arifureta unironically. MC fucks and marries his entire harem.

The girls are usually trash and the MC is usually even bigger trash.

Said by the pathetic virgin who watches harem shit to cure his loneliness

Most harems have this though. What you're asking for is just the "pathetic friend who can't land a date and makes the protagonist look better by comparison" dynamic under a different coat of paint. Heck, a lot of the ones who do this even think in harem series logic omly to be disgruntled that nothing ever happens to them.

>Meet a 10/10 slave and become infatuated
>Risk life and limb to get enough money to buy her
>Fuck her the first night
>Relationship builds as you explore dungeons, learn about the world and buy a house together
>cute heartwarming couple shit everywhere
>Routine fucks become genuine love making
>Her mere existence erases your previously suicidal mindset
>Still want your slave harem so she'll get cucked in some fashion in the future
DEFEND THIS

Attached: 21699v2.jpg (847x1200, 314K)

Are you telling me that by "selfinsert" you mean actually ONLY self-insert as "literally me"-anime protagonists?
Wait wait wait wait.
I usually also self insert as characters like Homura, Lelouch, Reinhard, Light, Okabe, heck LUFFY, and stuff like that, you know.
All those characters.
I mean, have you never ran around as a Kid LARPing as if you were Goku? THAT's self inserting.

Holly fuck, how little abstraction do you even have?

Heck, I can even self-insert as a Duck Girl from Princess Tutu.
OH NO NO NO

Why do people try to justify their shit taste with "normalfags hate it"? That doesn't make it good, everyone with standards hates it.

Because first girl doesn't have to be best.

Attached: k001.jpg (1326x1920, 558K)

>Tfw can't find scans of this

I find that hard to believe in this case. She one of the strongest examples of "first girl wins" I've seen. The relationship has developed this far before the second girl even shows up. Not even SAO, who had an early as fuck decisive winner, did something like that.

They're in the usual place user.

>unless all involved parties are some super enlightened zen hippies who are okay with non-exclusive open relationships

So unless they are mentally ill it could work

Have you ever met a "open relationship" fag? They are insufferable and insist that their way of life is the natural one above everything else and ultimately the whole thing ends up falling apart in the long run

Very very good post, agree completely

Attached: 1537816133065.jpg (956x720, 397K)

They are both top tier

I wish this series had doujins or even more lewd fanart

Could I get some completed harem manga recommendations? It's true these drag on to long to start an ongoing one right now unless its damn near God tier.

Attached: 1563987035721.jpg (600x337, 36K)

Not him the other glasses faggot with the blonde tsundere in his harem. But yeah it’s truly sickening to see these faggots get all these bitches instead of seeing their shit get pushed in for wasting everyone’s time

Great harem MCs like Ranma and Naota didn’t deserve the shit they went through

It’s a damn shame that something this amazing will never get animated

>Girls in harems
>Interesting
Lmfao. No one in a harem is an interesting character. That's what makes harems so shit. The moment you decide to make a harem you're neutering all your characters.

As typical isekai as that was, I will miss the waifus.
Dog and cat lolis were pretty cute. I even liked the chubby inn owner for some reason.

I know it would never happen, but I'd want to see a harem around the guy from Ore Monogatari.
A guy who actually has redeeming qualities people can go for.

I just wish there where more chad leads that you could kind of see why the heroes all want him. There are expectations, pick related, but it's almost always the same nice guy dweeb.

This dude on the other hand, is a nearly unflappable optimist, who is forced to tutor his girls and by actively getting them to overcome their own issues as well as his general charisma it makes sense why they would all dig him. And he doesn't just shout platitudes at them either. No he concocts scenarios where the girls are forced to face and overcome their issues on their own, actually making them feel like real characters with arcs independent of their crush. What's more, said girls don't just sit around uselessly, letting him do all the cool shit, their training pays off.

Rico best girl

Attached: kanata sky wizards.jpg (1124x632, 46K)

>Yea Forums hates visual novels
OH NO NO NO VNBROS...

I don't remember seeing a bro in Konosuba, Sekirei setting gave at least one girl to other male characters and the one in DAL migt as well not exists.

Sekirei had that one dude even knock up the electric twins

Because "harems" in anime aren't actually harems. MCs don't, in fact, fuck them! And usually not because our MC is, like, ten years old, or is a dickless skeleton, but because he's a blandest betacuck ever who could have been accused of being gay, if he had any personality at all.

And to add to that: examples of a harem actually being a harem I've seen, tend to be outright porn with super edgelord MCs.

Why the MCs are normalfags? if they could really create better ones.

How bad was it?

It's overused, boring and retarded. You have to be a complete autist to not see why harems are shit and ruin everything. If you like harems you are the lowest of the low of beta cuck incel permavirgin baka giajin weaboo otaku scumlords.

Vanir and those two dudes are his bros basically, Seo was one second away from cucking the MC, and the guy in DAL was a better character overall. Add in the fact that as time goes by with no progress whatsoever, the girls should be getting dicked down by someone else with an actual sex drive

You mean “thank fucking god”

>Vanir and those two dudes are his bros basically
They barely qualify for the role and is not like it's a harem when Megumin is the obvious love interest, and who are you talking about with DAL? If you want sex in that series then play the first game which is canon.

get a look at this colossal faggot
because nu-Yea Forums became infested by normalfags years ago, the catalog every fucking day is shit
>sadpanda kill
>sakurafish kill
>sfw loli kill
>DJT kill
>waifu wednesday kill
>quest threads kill
>r/a/dio kill
>mogra kill
>wake up koume kill
>yui claus kill
>buyfag forced to change their OP as a retarded loophole
>cannot make threads about specific arbitrary topics (strike witches, monster girl, im@s, love live, kancolle, etc.)
>any threads with young characters arbitrarily banned (gochiusa, prism illya, colors)

Meanwhile
>naruto threads allowed
>20+ shounenshit generals 24/7 allowed
>rec threads allowed
>netflix and CR shill threads allowed
>blog threads allowed
>3dpd and politics garbage allowed
>anime youtubers
>low tier shitposting everywhere (wojak, pepe, "incel", "thot", facebook/twitch tier abbreviations "rn", "omegalul")

Yea Forums is a unique case of a good board that was single handedly ruined by moderation instead of an influx of bad users. Yea Forums had amazing self-moderation before when shounenshit would get dubspammed and rec threads would get reported and told to fuck off. I don't know what happened in the past few years.
No fun is allowed here anymore

>>any threads with young characters arbitrarily banned (gochiusa, prism illya, colors)

wait what?

>A guy who actually has redeeming qualities people can go for.
There are lots of stories where the guy has redeeming qualities, just expand your repertoire.

Most of those kills are due to newfag mods though.

Give me some examples please. And not, he's a good house husband.

blame the mods for all of this.

What if I don't want to self-insert as anyone and just want to watch characters interact in a story with good writing? It's exactly because of the shitty, cliché, blue-balls writing of modern harems that I don't like them.
Also, this is the fifth thread I've seen with this OP pic. Calm down, ESL.

Attached: 10304860-EF51-4628-8A6C-72711F65341B.png (379x440, 143K)

From the top of my head, I would mention people like the following
- Yaichi from Ryuuou no Oshigoto
- Haruki from White Album 2
- Yuuji from Grisaia
If we can branch to game and eroge that don't have anime and manga, there's a lot more.

50/50 chance they get randomly deleted. My favorite example are the strike witches thread in the previous season. They were completely legit new episode threads, like it's standard on Yea Forums. But some retard mod deleted them almost every week.
There was never a statement by the mods why.

All yurifags get out. A male mc is always better than a female one.
Please at least try to contain your tranny fantasies.

a shit ton of loli threads have been deleted in recent years for no fucking reason
newfags and newfag mods have completely destroyed Yea Forums
remember back when newfags had to lurk before posting?
remember self moderation?
those don't exist anymore and nu-Yea Forums is the result

Attached: I won't ever forget.jpg (724x7228, 739K)

>Yuri harem
Something's not quite right here.

He explicitly stated several times that he wants a normal relationship. He at the very least has a reason for not fucking them, and I can respect that he was willing to stick to it.

>I don't know what happened in the past few years.
moot left so they can get away with anything now, hiro doesn't give a shit. Yea Forums and /jp/ somehow got the worst mods on the entire fucking site, bet they're newfags who got to fuck off in the old days and they're butthurt about it.

At episode 9, I guess I will drop this shit.

Based. Twink, limpless beta MCs plague so many animes at this point I just fucking drop them if it's clear they're losers meant for self inserting. Way more interesting to have an MC with an ounce of personality even if it shatters the self insert.

>Every harem is actually a group of bros transitioning into hot babes that give affection and value to their main bro who just couldn't find a girl, but they all wanted to show him they loved him and he matters to the group

Damn Yea Forums really is gonna turn me gay.

Attached: FB_IMG_1533752335965.jpg (480x480, 23K)

Are you gay or something? If I’m going to have isekai overload every season I at least want to see the fuck sessions

Are you fucking kidding Yea Forums always loved shounenshit

>i like moe because it´s like having friends and going out with them
>i don´t like harems because reminds me my poor and virgin existence
>i like isekai because makes happy to know that i would probably re start my life at another world if i fucking kill myself

Seconded.

NTR is never justified you cuck.

Testament and DxD are pretty popular with them.

But half of those "negative" things were a thing back in "good" old days too.
>No fun allowed anymore
That you can only blame on yourselves.

You know that mods have always been against loli threads but moot kinda stopped them doing anything about it. It is not new thing at all. But you can still have loli threads just fine, it is like one mod who is deleting them and it doesn't that often.

There’s other girls in the anime and yeah they are his bros because he has no friendly interactions with anyone else.

8ch would’ve been a good substitute if it wasn’t for cyber terrorism

It is if you just insert as the dude fucking a guys wife.

why did moot leave us? And why is hiroshimoot such a jew?

Your second question answers your first

I didn't expect moot to be bought off by a jew. Do you know what he's upto now?

What if the Females were also in love with each other? Would that spice things up?

>Do you know what he's upto now?

His tits in asian hookers.

I don't think they hate harems in general, they just hate most harem anime because it's almost all poorly written garbage

>it's almost all poorly written garbage
Why don't they hate haremshit and isekai too then?

The genre just follows its conventions and tropes way too hard, once you've read maybe 4 or 5 different harem series you've read them all.

Or anything of value the harem genre offers, another genre offers it with much more substance or quality. Interesting and well written female characters? Prefer them in shonens, romances, or shoujous where their personalities aren't bound to a boring, self insert MC. Eechi or sexy girl designs? Just rather watch hentai since harem protags will never bang and these shows can't even show a nipple. All the genre really seems to capitalize on is presenting cute and affectionate girls, but it's frustrating to watch when the MC rejects them as long as possible so the series can sell as long as possible and normal romance animes can provide the same without this never ending "When is it gonna happen?!" nag.

Admins are fags for banning all those things but you are just as bad for wanting those other things banned

Because human society is in the worst state it has been in centuries and people are desprate for an escape so they look past how bad the isekaishit actually is

How many actual harems are there? Most "harems" are just misdirection for the first girl winning.

Attached: av.jpg (1432x1274, 350K)

I fapped to this on panda days

Cumbrains and normalfags both get the rope

Because of a lot of harem anime forget to give the girls actual personality. If I wanted to watch cute girls with no personality do lewd things I'd go watch hentai.

Why get a harem when the MCs consistently fail to have a fulfilling relationship with even one of girls?

>a good board that was single handedly ruined by moderation instead of an influx of bad users.
Imagine being smoothbrained or autistic enough to believe this
Yea Forums was down the drain in 2009 and actively accumulated normalfags every season from shitholes like MAL, reddit, tumblr, etc. People hid threads they didn't like and there's been a constant general-based culture for any new series in the last eight years that wasn't some low budget yuribait trash that only morons from here would bother touching in the first place
If you think hiroshimoot is where things went wrong you're hopeless

to like harem you have to be new on anime or a brainlet.

Attached: images (11).jpg (355x355, 34K)

>blog shit
>3DPD
>politics
>youtubers
>low tier shitpost threads
You want all these things? Holy shit, v/ really invaded this place.

You'll trigger the fags this way.

I was talking about the wanting to ban shounen and shows from netflix/crunchy and rec threads
You know that's what I meant yet you decided to ignore your own knowledge in favor of bitching about Yea Forums

Struck a nerve eh?

Threads about shounen threads should be allowed, but not shounen "general" threads. These shounen ranking threads are cancer, and so are DBZ chain threads.
Recommendation threads are not allowed by the rules for a good reason. We'd get hundreds of threads where anons request personal recommendations.
I don't know what he means by netflix shill threads.

This thread should also be deleted.

>Threads about shounen shows
Fixed. You ignored the other thread examples too, by the way.

I don't know when the idea of a general become a thing but they always attracts the most autistic of the autistic as well as actual gay faggotry. I think I'd almost prefer thread flooding.

>I don't know what he means by netflix shill threads.
He is angry about netflix producing anime and thinks you should not be allowed to talk about shows made by them
You outright have people claiming that new cannon busters show isn't anime just becase it's made by netflix, sure it is based on a western property but so was mary and the witches flower

What were the dragon pilot threads like?

I always liked them, even when we had mostly battle harems. I like isekai harems too but not death march since it’s too boring. They should’ve just made it like Yaritsukai to Kuroneko, or Legend with just pure adventures where the MC bangs random chicks on the road.
Instead author introduced all these heroines and then had the MC bang prostitutes instead to relieve stress but then what’s the point? Obviously it clicked with some people but not me.

Well the thing about BATTLE harem was that you still had the battle angle to fall back on. So assuming you find a way to not fall into a shitty tournament arc you can usually get some kind of idea for a narrative going.