Macross

Remember when Macross was good?
youtube.com/watch?v=BlMap0FSzDw

Attached: sheryl.jpg (1000x1000, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qEe0kzyFOyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ranka was better.

I like Macross Plus because it's the only Macross series where the main characters are adults.

Attached: Myung_Fang_Lone.png (600x450, 284K)

I do. I didn't want to remember.

Attached: dreams.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Frontier sucked ass too

When Frontier came out there were lots of threads about the previous iterations saying
>remember when Macross was good?!?!?
Delta is probably the worst Macross yet but it's not that different from F, it mostly has a poor, dumb execution.

Robotech >>>> Macross
Rick Hunter >>>>>>> Hikaru Ichijyo

I watched it for Mikumo, I loved her voice.

Attached: mikumo59922569_p0.jpg (2253x1976, 1.07M)

Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=qEe0kzyFOyU

Frontier was fine, Delta was hot garbage.
7 is obviously the best one.

7 is a piece of shit

while i realise delta was deeply flawed or even shit at times, i loved it

you are wrong.

go back to your containment forum, where they still expect a season 2 of Robotech and think it was the original.

Plus > sdf > zero > dyrl > frontier > 7 > delta

Ranka is and always was a shit

>Delta is probably the worst Macross yet but it's not that different from F

It's a lot different than Frontier. But the things that they have in common (i.e. using tropes and techniques of mid-200s to mid-2010s anime), Frontier does a lot better and so it tells and presents its story far better than Delta does. Delta's bad, because its writing composition, usage of characters and general direction were bad.

I don't care what anyone says she's the best macross girl

Attached: 51f50d0afc36ed4b66d4423faf5d13df.jpg (1226x2000, 751K)

delta has the strongest first half of pretty much all the macrosses. its the 2nd half that almost completely fails it
go watch 7 and f. its a slog to get through the first few eps

sluttiest too

yeah back in the 80s

Attached: mikumo1.webm (852x480, 2.58M)

What are you talking about? The beginning of F was great.

>7
>Good

Attached: 1562258165545.jpg (352x550, 30K)

the pacing wasnt so great and alto as mc was pretty weak. not bad, but not great.

mikumo just has a limited sense of shame on account of being 3 years old and autistic. sheryl is the real slut.

Attached: [gg]_Macross_Delta_-_04_[5D8A9FB4].mkv_snapshot_07.09_[2016.04.25_03.21.20].jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Those fuckers can't really do romance anymore
First Ranka being blatantly imoutozoned then Mirage being a non-contender and having her love confession ignored in fron of the entired galaxy

I feel like the pacing of the first couple episodes of F intentionally called back to the original series. The MC midair rescues the girl at the same time in both, etc.

but hayate x freya is the best pairing ever. the focus changed

What defines great pacing? People on here always using pacing as a criticism, but I've never seen anyone actually define pacing. And I'd say that the first half of Frontier's was better than Delta's. Frontier's first half does a good job of establishing character dynamics, motivations, the hierarchical structure of the characters (which character is important, which one isn't), while slowly introducing the main narrative arc and letting it grow into a crescendo

To be fair, it would be pretty obnoxious if every Macross MC was as indecisive as Hikaru.

thats just the first episode, im talking about maybe the first 6 or 7.
alto kind of mopes around undecidedly, but due to PLOT, sheryl the biggest idol in the fucking galaxy takes an interest in him. its weak.

i disagree, read . thats my take on frontier's start
Delta's start is 2 fated characters who have big and clear dreams (one idol, the other pilot) pursue them and with the use of each others unique talents, help each other to achieve their goals. its a fantastic start

On that we can agree on. There are three things no one will ever change my mind regarding delta.
Hayate and Freya are the cutest couple in the whole series
The only season that has better songs than Delta is 7
Walkure would have been better off if it was a trio composed of Mikumo, Kaname and Freyja

Hikari spends most of the show going girl the obviously unobtainable minnie. While misa is tsundere towards him. Then just as hikari might be getting a clue about misa. Minmei shows up and wants to crash on hikaru's couch.

But what does what you stated in here have to do with pacing? Generally curious. As for why Sheryl fell for Alto: it's because he fulfilled a need that she had, which was to be treated like a normal person and not be treated as the Galactic Fairy. People tend to fall in love with people who fill massive needs in their life, be it comfort, structure, love, parenting (i.e. the parent they never had). You have a good looking guy, who treats a famous celebrity like she's not one and has just enough kindness in him that he's not completely off-putting and it makes sense.

Attached: 27599705.jpg (502x695, 66K)

pacing means there isnt much development. the pacing in frontier's start isnt particualrly bad, its there to set up the characters, but delta's is way, way stronger. This is because of the characters themselves. Alto is not a strong mc at the beginning, and this makes sheryl liking him weird and awkward. you can give all those psychological reasons, but they just arent very good. its not really convincing because sheryl is really different from alto.

If that's what we're defining as pacing, then I'm not sure how Delta's is better. Yeah, Delta's first half has more action (I'm not even sure that it actually does considering that 6 & 7 are the Bye Bye Sheryl and Infinity, respectively). But the first half of F has Star Date, which does a great job of framing the love triangle, setting up Ranka's relationship with Ozma; Bye Bye Sheryl and Infinity, that I mentioned above, Michael's background episode, movie episode, Miss Macros.In those first half episodes, more characters get established, and have their traits and story arcs introduced and set in motion. Delta's first half does a bad job at this. Most of Walkure is relevant, Mirage might as well not exist. Most of Windmere is irrelevant, but all of them takeaway screen time that could have been used to better flesh out the story or flesh out a few of the characters that needed it.

user you're replying to, I like it a lot too but it's mostly for personal reasons. As an overall show, it completely squanders its potential and does a lot of things wrong. It's telling that the movie could condense literally all of the major plots minus shota Prince, arab merchant's infodump and the stuff about Hayate's dad in 2 hours out of the original 26 episodes. All of the MUH KAZE screentime in the TV series really only paid off during the infiltration episodes toward the end and even then windniggers didn't come off as likable, just justifiably pissed off at the NUNS' bomb.
Walkure, and Freyja being a moeblob done right are basically enough to redeem the show.

JUNNA being super underage when Delta came out and yet having that deep voice was super uncanny and hot

Attached: Freyja wow wow.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

I picked up Macross because of this webm. I want to say Freyja was wasted on this show but I can't imagine how worse it would have been without her

For me, in the end Delta commits the biggest sin for a Macross series since SDF was simply perfect at this: the SoL character interactions and the combat-related main plot are basically independent and don't communicate with each other 90% of the times until the last third of the series. That a Macross series has completely separate SoL episodes and fight episodes is unforgivable.
On paper, Delta has probably the best ideas for a setting out of any Macross and does basically nothing with most of those

>her 'kakugo suru n yo' at the very end
M-my heart

Attached: Macross Delta threads.jpg (2097x1368, 2.42M)