Shakugan no Shana

>JCstaff
>haruhi eyes 1 year before haruhi
>bretty good english dub cast
>3 seasons of 24-episodes each
>Kow Otani composed the OST (Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Shadow of the Colossus, etc)
I didn't even know this existed until yesterday. Was this a huge deal back in the day?
Currently on ep 8 of 72 and i'm diggin it.

post something related to Shakugan no Shana cause I swear I've never seen it mentioned here.

Attached: owo whats this.jpg (400x600, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgmmILvnlCA
youtube.com/watch?v=MzSHqKTMqT4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes
you never see it because there's nothing more to say about it.

I see.
thanks.

Attached: 1449810764442.jpg (589x545, 55K)

was pretty generic for the time

Attached: 1531708519865.png (819x827, 16K)

This show sucked. I had to watch a bunch of it for work, and it was by far the worst of the bunch

>I had to watch a bunch of it for work
What job?

considering everything now is SoL/8-12mins eps/1season one-offs/harem, it's really catching my attention for only just finding out about it now. Seems to be a nice time capsule.

>english dub
Fuck off.

>frogposter
yeah you weren't there, zoomer. fuck off and stop pretending.

I really liked it, even the SoL school drama parts and the goofy 2nd season. The music is catchy too. Shana is really cute.
>bretty good english dub cast
Why would you want to miss out on Kugimiya Rie in her defining role?

Attached: 74980751_p0.jpg (999x1386, 750K)

I was an intern at Funi. They'd just bought the right to all the old geneon stuff, I think, and it got sent to them on fucking VHS. They needed someone to sit through them all looking for errors that would need to be fixed

s3 was the best.

>english dub
End yourself

tried the jap dub, Shana has the same VA as Taiga from ToraDora.
My boner cannot be contained.
youtube.com/watch?v=YgmmILvnlCA

Honestly man I've tried watching this shit dozens of times solely on the need for more Rie Kugimiya tsundere but even since I was a teenager when this shit came out it bored me to tears. I can turn off my brain and have a fucking blast with ZnT or any other popcorn fun Rie Kugimiya fare but SnS just doesn't cut it. The setting is half-baked and all the characters are really bland. the vilains especially are awful.
Can someone tell me with any sort of certainty why people love SnS so much. Is it just because of Shana herself?

Attached: 1551288920041.png (410x816, 409K)

Also from the English dub alone i was getting a feeling that the VA for Shana would have fit Taiga a lot better than the ToraDora actually got for it's eng dub. Kind of mesmerizing that Shana's jap VA is actually Taiga.

spicy loli is a good reason.

the first three episodes were great and the OP was fire

Truly awful english dubs are a fairly recent phenomenon within the past decade. You're more likely to break even on an eng dub of an animu produced prior to 2009.

Shana is 2005 so it's not too bad.

Attached: 1487943069587.jpg (600x709, 81K)

I'm pretty divided. Shana's English VA is a glimpse at what could have been for ToraDora, while Shana's Jap VA is just literally more ToraDora. I might have to rewatch it twice over just for the full experience.

Attached: no.png (319x300, 103K)

Just watch it subbed baka, nobody really does tsundere like Rie.

Whatch the damn thing in it's original lenguage.

can't shitpost and browse Yea Forums if all my reading attention is going to subs tho

I loved this when it came out. Just skip the 1st half of season 2 (filler).

The light novels never got licensed past volume 2 did they?

No, and the manga got axed after covering the first couple arcs IIRC.

>Not loving the chuuni as fuck titles for every relevant character
You might just be a faggot. Also Yuuji did nothing wrong

kotsu > all

Attached: __shana_shakugan_no_shana_drawn_by_kotsu__b3b7fd4428d5108ec64a92b1c4a42a90.png (575x800, 270K)

Did it take three seasons for MC to be useful?

"Huge deal" is pushing it. It was relatively popular on Yea Forums back when season 1 was airing and the light novel boom was just getting started, and season 2 was honestly kind of hilarious in how much worse it was than the already mediocre season 1, especially with respect to its glacial pacing. In the years between season 2 and the last season, the popularity of the tsundere as a character type waned, Rie Kugimiya became overall less of a character actress, and the backlash against light novel adaptations really started setting in. It's generally understood nowadays that Shana's OST was the only thing it had going for it.

Get fucked, S1 and S3 are great

Shana is a classic, can't believe it's barely remembered when at one point Yea Forums only cared about this, Index and Nanoha.
Well, S2 did kill the momentum for most people.
Also, it's shit. Only good part of the story is that dramatic heel turn.

Phenomenal relationship driven story.
Watch 1-15 of S1,
Margery backstory-22 of S2,
All of S3.
This should make it better if you really can't into it.

Because it's not a show you watch for the cute loli tundere but actually for the plot. It was actually the show that started the cute loli tundere hype but that wasn't the main point at all so it's far less prominent but that became one of the most popular things about it so they extracted that and flanderized it in many later shows like Aria which is the most blatant clone of all the Syana clones but flanderized what turned out to be the most popular things about it.

Based

Attached: 72621661_p0.png (566x1000, 408K)

What was the name of the girl with short hair in the show?
Yeah she ruined it and made me drop it.

It has a couple of really strong points opposed to other things. A) very good romantic and relationship development between background characters. B) 24-episode, season-long story arcs. C) a more nuanced tundere that isn't over the top. D) a cast that consists not of 1 featureless male m.c. and 12 gorgeous female characters. Season 2 is definitely the worst though.

Kazumi

I honestly liked S2. Is something wrong with me?

Attached: 68842076_p0.jpg (877x1200, 132K)

Unfortunately her english VA has pretty much exited anime and has gone fullblown pony.

Attached: 1549830744380m.jpg (1024x857, 187K)

Yoshida best girl and should have won
Shana a SHIT

Attached: 1338925668273.jpg (1912x2217, 238K)

Series was awesome until Season 3 fucked things up with thinly veiled domestic violence.

It was just a lovers' quarrel these things happen

Attached: 1519039294510.jpg (587x420, 60K)

Literally one of the worst shows i ever suffered through. So much shit taste in this thread.

what an obvious shitpost.

Attached: 1423778048372.jpg (255x213, 15K)

Yuji was one of the most hated characters for a long time, probably only a few worse than him around the late 2000s in terms of "protagonist who has zero personality so betas can project onto him". The only good part comes later on when he goes supersaiyan and solves all the retarded conflicts by himself with Shana reeing all the way.

>only role in S3 is to fuck everything up

No she's shit. The only reason shana isn't total shit is because Yuji knew she would oppose him but he did everything for her sake in spite of it.

I must have the shittiest taste in the world because I hated Yuji becoming a Gary Stu with Isekai MC levels of OPness.

One of the worst examples of a love """"rival"""" I've ever seen. Had zero fucking chance, does nothing relevant, and exists just to lose. Nice body though.

What in your opinion actually happens plot-wise in Season 2?

I honestly forgot completely how the plot in any way advances. It was where Sabrac, Johann and Pheles were introduced I guess.

Johann is pretty cool though.

They also introduced The Silver.

He already had that shit though, the problem was he didn't use it.

First half was completely irrelevant. Second half was where the action was.

>mentioning about the dub
What kind of retard you are?

>caring about any dubs

>implying that action makes anything relevant
No Mr normalfag. Action sequences are the most irrelevant things in existence.

Shana's one of my fav shows, i like the fact the MC learns to deal with his situation very quickly and rather than spends every fucking episode complaining and trying to avoid it, he learns to fight in his own way.
season 3 has like the greatest non-twist i can ever recall

>dub
>crying about the dub
It's fucking sad that so many retards exist in this world.

Attached: castanza.jpg (601x601, 156K)

Read the fucking rules fucking dubfag. You're on Yea Forums not on reddit.
And that only confirm how retarded dubfags actually are.

You're being nasty and shitty for no real reason at all. Go have a nap little baby.

>No Mr normalfag. Action sequences are the most irrelevant things in existence
Normally I'd agree, but in this case it's right. First half was literally filler that tried to make Yoshida more important than she actually was and while it gave us loli Noto Mamiko, it added fucking nothing to the story at the end.

Why is there so much fanart of Shana and Biribiri?

Attached: __misaka_mikoto_shana_and_shirai_kuroko_shakugan_no_shana_and_to_aru_majutsu_no_index_drawn_by_l_bou (1133x800, 857K)

>I didn't even know this existed until yesterday
> I swear I've never seen it mentioned here
Are you new to anime and Yea Forums?

there's been like 3 threads about it since 2018.

The official Yea Forums Shakugan no Shana theme song power rankings:

JOINT > triangle = Hishoku no Sora = Serment > Light My Fire > being = Koubou = Akai Namida = Portamento > Yoake Umare Kuru Shoujo = ONE > All in Good Time = Tenjou wo Kakeru Monotachi > I'll believe = u/n > sense > Aka no Seijaku > BLAZE > Prophecy > Sociometry

both generic tsundere

It just seems highly unlikely for someone who's watched anime for a while to not have at least heard of Shana, which is why I was wondering if OP hasn't been an anime fan for very long.

I really loved S2 from episodes 12-22 or so. I can't stand like half of the others.

>Shana's one of my fav shows
Same here: only S3 though.

I wonder why Zero no Tsukaima still consistently gets threads but Shana doesn't, that being said I still haven't seen Shana yet.

Attached: p8rDEF.jpg (3350x5000, 1.75M)

>Filename
>Impressed by generic 00s LN designs
>Dub
>Muh Adult Swim & Yea Forums recognition
>Never heard of one of the most popular generic shit LNs of the decade
Yep, it's an underage thread.

You still here OP? How many years have you been watching anime?

For me, it's eng dubbed snek

Ocean >>>>>> Funimation

youtube.com/watch?v=MzSHqKTMqT4

best scene of all time

I'd argue that it's because anons see Louise more as Yea Forums's collective cum bucket.

Because 90% of Shana's dialogue is "shut up" or "no", particularly as she's screaming like a cunt. The reason S3 is great is because Yuji is too powerful for her and her cunt coworkers to fuck with him.

In ZnT Louise mellows out and gets the dick relatively early on. The fact there are only like 52 episodes probably helps too, less time for her to be an absolute cunt. Louise also says more than "shut up" and has a personality beyond "autistic swordsgirl who is a tsundere". I feel like in SnS we learn more about Shana not from Shana herself but from Alastair telling Yuji about what a poor child she is or flashbacks to her her past.

>gets the dick relatively early
I wish, she only gets it at the end of the LN and isn't show getting it at all in the anime.

>This video contains content from NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan LLC, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.