How would a City Pop anime be like?

How would a City Pop anime be like?

Attached: (JPEG Image, 850 × 607 pixels).jpg (850x607, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=136916
youtube.com/watch?v=HFn9YGrRvIU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfxHh6NM48)
youtube.com/watch?v=pYP_1MZyWBM
youtube.com/watch?v=K5sf4YzjWbA
youtube.com/watch?v=nvIEztK_gwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We have somewhat of a City Pop manga
I can't remeber the name, let me try to find it

Bump to give myself some more time to find it

Could we get that 80's animation style nowadays?
I'm thinking of an SoL of a City Pop singer

Sailor moon

SoL yes, but the manga was contemporary, about a boy who likes 80s Japanese music a lot but wants nobody to find out because all of his friends listen to other music. He goes to karaoke and vinyl shops for his passion, and finds out (or gets found out, I don't remember) by another girl from his school and they discover that they share the same passion for this kind of music
I have read it more than a year ago, so I can't remember a lot

sounds like a plot of Beck

Seems interesting. I'll go check it out.

YES I FOUND IT HOLY THAT TOOK ME LONG

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=136916

is referring to

He listens to lame music. What a dork. XD
Loved it.

Those YouTube CityPop compilations with Sailor Moon GIFs have really shaped our perceptions

Looking at a picture of this makes me think of Van Paugam

God bless his soul, he deleted his channel

youtube.com/watch?v=HFn9YGrRvIU

I wish there were English lyrics translations of more '80s songs

Attached: 1544022808814.jpg (630x630, 35K)

I haven't seen it, but isn't that what Mirai was trying to do? Didn't a city pop artist literally do the OST?

Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido?

By their very nature they're not that hard to translate for amateurs. You should give it a shot.

>a city pop artist
more like THE city pop artist

Yes, that was the one, see

Not all of it, but the main theme (youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfxHh6NM48) for example, by the great Tatsuro Yamashita, who rather known for his Christmas songs in Japan. It is strange how domestic and international perceptions of him are so different.

*who is

What's the word on scans, seeing as the series is already over.

>domestic and international perceptions
How so?

Do you mean the frequency of new chapters being translated? According to Baka-Updates, new chapters are being translated pretty infrequently every couple of months

The name City Pop and the hype came for Western fans only a couple of years ago. In Japan, many of the beloved "City Pop" artists are either cultural symbols like Yamashita and Takeuchi, or have vanished into obscurity (a sentiment that I think is well expressed early on in Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido). I have talked with some Japanese people about this City Pop wave in the West, and all of them were really suprised, especially with Yamashita, who they only really knew through songs like these youtube.com/watch?v=pYP_1MZyWBM

For anyone interesed in the Christmas Eve video here, the clips shown are advertisements for Japan Railways (JR)

As a 80s jap music fan seems neat

Is that the airport from Barakamon?

Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido feels somewhat 80s in tone and style. Also 80s idol music is great.

It comes from shitty vaporwave fags. I've loved 80s jpop and shit for a long time and it's getting annoying going into, say, a Yuki Saito video and just seeing the zoomers crowing about that shit.

On the other hand it's good music and I do like that more people are listening to it and making it more available meaning people now are able appreciate someone like Akina. Wonder how long before they start moving to 70s acts like Miyuki Nakajima, Naoko Ken and Candies.

Bump to save this thread

80s/early 90s Japan legit seems like such a comfy time period. National optimism is a hell of a thing I guess.

Bump to save this thread again

This is super fucking cute man, thanks for showing us this

Attached: file.png (850x1200, 569K)

Lotsa posers especially in the thread

Who gives a shit about who likes it as long as its getting some level of popularity and recognition again. I hate elitists pricks like you so much.

Didn't a new City Hunter movie come out literally one week ago? I mean that seems close enough and they kept the old songs too
youtube.com/watch?v=K5sf4YzjWbA

Attached: file.png (1065x1505, 3M)

There's only one thing worse than people disliking what I like; people liking what I like.

Attached: 1543394961060.png (587x617, 258K)

Here is your (you), fucking boomer.
Also bump.

Fuck (you) too.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do some 80s poof style and apply a grain filter. Just something light and fun, and not overly dramatic like White Album.

I love City Hunter OPs, Sara's the best. But the main problem with CH is how repetitive it looks, and how bland it looks outside of those OPs. Still fun, but too many fucking episodes.

Well, they did this;
youtube.com/watch?v=nvIEztK_gwQ

And that's about the closest they've come. It's like the goal here is to shoot for Kimagure Orange Road and Megazone 23.

And it was absolutely godly. I hope someone tries doing this again eventually.

What does that mean?

Check out Detroit Metal City, the MC is really into pop music though more swedish pop than city pop but they are petty similar.