Have you started going to the gym yet Yea Forums?

Have you started going to the gym yet Yea Forums?

Attached: a.jpg (640x408, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULjbIMvP6A0
bitchute.com/video/lkq1hIr1nMjv/
bitchute.com/video/_MmBDPw0jaI/
bitchute.com/video/BdpPha6GDr0/
youtube.com/watch?v=8fulA0RGzDU
youtu.be/FmHyzFWnlqU
youtube.com/watch?v=bVNRYQ10IXk
youtube.com/watch?v=CV7Zh9GmaBM&t=119s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Hbf_QHUYo-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have a bench and dumbbells at home.

No, way too shy for that. I work aout at home every day tough
this

what is there to be shy about, u just go and workout on shit u want

I bought a membership to the gym but haven't went in a month now. Gotta cancel it.

>going to the gym
If that's code for fapping like a mad man, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Attached: 152565245622.gif (656x520, 187K)

I've started exercising and dieting like 5 months ago. This anime is super fun to watch if you already sort of do the same things like they do

meme-tier shit
will be forgotten the minute it ends

I bet you think Fire Force is good

no and I never will because I don't give a flying fuck about 3DPD or my health

have sex

i am broke
no job living parents house

Attached: Screenshot_110.png (358x420, 145K)

I've been going to the gym for years now.

for me I just don't like the idea of being around a bunch of sweaty dudes, would rather work out at home

Nah, its boring and stupidly expensive. A complete rip off in fact.

If you going for bitches yeh
if your going for your ideal aesthethic no.
who the fuck even lifts for sluts

Nice blog you guys have here.

>Gotta cancel it.
Why? You still can get back. I took a break once for almost a year and still paid the fee.

Personally, I feel like Hibiki should just let it go and eat whatever she wants!

Attached: many_kilograms_of_not_dumbbell_by_thebreadguardian_ddb0egd-fullview.jpg (1280x2037, 136K)

She should get an american citizenship.

It shouldn't cost me 40-50 a month to visit a always overcrowded place, 3 to 4 days a week for around 1 hour. In which I hardly get to actually train because I actually spent more time waiting for my turn.

I currently have three gym memberships since I'm retarded, but since I want to increase how often I go to Muay Thai each week it's likely that I will have to end my weight gym membership. No way I'm giving up rock climbing, though.

Attached: 1565631075964.png (665x797, 3K)

Eh, try to get a time where not many people are there.
Or try going into a less crowded gym.
Calisthenics is not as effective as gym.
Unless ofc you got the money to buy gym equipament and space to make a minigym at your house.

My, my! How big would she get?

Attached: 1563994345971.jpg (1000x1322, 147K)

job, living parents house.
saving like a boss as a leech

>haha yeah, i listen to the Pillar Men Theme while I'm lifting weights! How did you know?

Attached: 1564042798476.jpg (830x1024, 70K)

yeah, someone with a shitty personality like hibiki should die before they reach the age of 30. Being obese is one way to do that

Nah, gyms are expensive and I don't have access to safe travel, so I just started working out from home.

Rude!

Attached: 1564201425132.jpg (2047x1447, 322K)

now that the dust has settled, was this image cringe or was it not

Why go to the gym when I can stay home and watch anime?

Because you keep the volume way too loud.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULjbIMvP6A0

OP of the season

No, I'm don't want to pay for a gym but I've started body weight training at home. My work does have a small gym but I do t have time to stay and workout there due to my puppy

Absolutely

NICE MACHO
CHOU KINNIKU
NICE BULK

based and ayayayapilled

First thing I noticed about OPs pic is you never want to throw out your arm while holding weights like the 2 characters on left

Fat Hibiki is cute!

Attached: 1564112662161.jpg (1254x1771, 314K)

to get healthy retard

he put his shaker cup on the fucking safety pins. even without his outfit, it is cringe.

I'm a stick, I see progress but I'm still embarassed

There's a board called "/fit/", you know.

I normally go to the gym three or four days a week, or run if I should do a cardio day, but I’ve been at work so much that it’s making me feel really exhausted and one of my knees started bothering me. So I didn’t go at all yet this week.

Attached: 24AC9C7F-50D2-4571-BA28-14C51A9AAE69.png (400x480, 190K)

i love this op

>No, way too shy for that. I work aout at home every day tough
no one actually gives a shit in the gym
Started this year but before danberu

Don't want to.

Exactly
Perfect. Hibiki can come to the US and I can pamper her and feed her McDonalds.

Attached: A7417318-5A73-4A0D-8427-8377546D5D08.jpg (1676x1287, 160K)

I have a fucked up knee. Bike and elliptical machine are your friends for cardio.

>no one actually gives a shit in the gym
I dunno man, I'm pretty self concious
>Started this year but before danberu
same, early may

Everyone is too busy looking at themselves in the mirror to care.

They'll judge you, but not openly.

McDonalds isn't enough, user! She needs a balanced diet of burgers, fries, pizza, doughnuts, fried chicken, and raw butter!

Attached: 1564193872054.jpg (3035x3568, 475K)

Wondered why Mother's Basement shill hasn't made a video about it yet, then I remembered it isn't on Crunchyroll.

Attached: fgch.png (368x264, 129K)

Yeah 4 days a week. I go hard while I'm in. Makes me feel and look better.

>Mother's Basement shill
what is this?

love it, kill it

Underrated post, fellow gym-goer.

3 months with no days off, seeing progress. My mood has been better ever since.

Attached: king.jpg (1624x1370, 856K)

I don't have an hour to commute to the closest gym, so I do except with a yoga mat and stationary bike instead of a bench. I use the bike at my standing desk so I'm pretty much always moving (I'm on it now).

Why the fuck would anyone living on their own actually need a bench instead of a yoga mat, anyway?

Was just at the gym for leg day after a physical therapist told me I could do them again after a minor injury. Feels good man

Attached: yorokobe shounen.gif (380x640, 248K)

Imagine being the sound editor and editing Touyama Nao's lines. Imagine having to hide your boner from your colleagues.

Attached: __gina_boyd_danberu_nan_kiro_moteru_drawn_by_anhun.jpg (850x1202, 188K)

>going to the gym
Run, do pushups, pullups and squats and you'll be healthier than 90% of the people

Been going for about 6 months, seeing really nice results, but for the life of me I cannot get this gut of mine flatter while the rest of my body is getting toner/more muscular.

Attached: EBmy8xrUcAEHuIU.jpg (500x359, 29K)

Let's go

Attached: sun ken rock 15.jpg (975x1400, 576K)

Flabs >>> Abs

Attached: 1564876148478.jpg (866x1000, 691K)

>and here's our son's room. Lately he's always playing the same cartoon song about muscles for some reason!

Attached: 1565629318817.jpg (539x747, 58K)

Man, I wish i could kick that high up.

this little shit

Since 2012

Attached: 1564193903982.jpg (3035x3359, 442K)

Better question is why do you even see/watch his videos. They went way downhill in quality about 2 years ago, and have probably gotten worse since he unironically became friends with Game Theory.

I was already going but they keep me going. That and the spectre of uncle Sam is digging his claws in my back as we speak

Who?

one day you may

I can't decide if this means that you're in the military, were in the military, WANT to be in the military, or are wanted by the police.

I'm enlisted but still need to get to a better level of fit. I'm shipping out next year

I wanted to get into musculations but i wanted to know if there is any way of getting compact muscles instead of these bloated muscles i see every gymfag with.

Hibiki's dream body!

Attached: 1564386404575.jpg (1280x720, 331K)

Whats the
>i am against a rock
reference suposed to be?

Gosh, maybe you should try asking /fit/. You know, the board that's actually about fitness?

Attached: 1564193838998.jpg (3035x3117, 333K)

Can you lift a rock the size of an apartment with one hand?

Most of the exercise advice is o.k. but quite a bit is bad to follow.

I only work out a couple times a week, but when I go I go hard

Attached: 1564193706179.jpg (3035x2926, 331K)

But user, thats not a smart thing to do!

I asked but all /fit/ cares is posting their abs

Attached: 1556271412384.jpg (572x806, 47K)

If you stay natty it's impossible that you would ever become too big

who hased the /pol/ holocaust is a lie subbed version link?

did you have a stroke typing that?

what did he mean by this

I mean i have nothing against big muscle i just wanted to know if instead of getting huge i would be able to get pure muscle, i know for a fact many gymfags have water instead of muscles.

god i love her and machio va

I've been working out 4 times a week since May lol.

Maki is a miracle of the universe tho

Last 10 days been hitting gym with friend hours per day. Trying to consistently beat 1.50km to at least ten minutes. Fastest was 9:37.

Also doing Boxing, my movement sucks but I can punch decent. Trying to gain weight is hard as fuck though.

Attached: th (6).jpg (474x474, 19K)

i am TOO sedentary
whenever i try to make some hard exercises i get abdominal pain and maybe throw up and i sweat cold(probably low blood pressure), how should i go around building up endurance?

I went to a walking trail today but I’m going to switch to elliptical at the gym. It probably didn’t help that my gym warmup is running on the treadmill.

Too easy inclide situps and legraise with weights
Makes me want to puke at the start but after 3 days consecutive everything is daijobu

why would someone do this?

>but quite a bit is bad to follow.
Like?

Everyone! Let's muscle hustle!

Here's some quick rundowns for anons new to fitness/lifting:
bitchute.com/video/lkq1hIr1nMjv/

bitchute.com/video/_MmBDPw0jaI/

bitchute.com/video/BdpPha6GDr0/

What's with all these old hags?

Attached: tfw30yoboomer.jpg (960x698, 165K)

for me it's the fear of people thikning me an idiot for doing the exercises wrong

I think gyms are the cheapest thing in Japan desu.
The cheapest ones cost almost nothing, at least compared to all the other prices. 200 yen for one time is great, though theyre pretty shit as well

youtube.com/watch?v=8fulA0RGzDU

Why do they keep making all these old hags so sexy?

Attached: 1565825280127.jpg (1907x2377, 1.06M)

>as a leech
You still can live by your parents without leeching.
Just pay rent.

Attached: pierce-final-pic_2878734b.jpg (620x387, 36K)

seasoned meat

If there are nice people at the gym they’ll come over to help you out. I had that happen a couple times when I first started but I generally don’t talk to anyone at the gym.

This

Gyms are huge ripoffs. Especially the ones who ask for your account/routing number. There are so many cases of false charges I'm surprised they're still in business

In my gym there is a monitor that let you watch how the exercises are done correctly.

lmao, do your parents hate you?

Been doing some home gym things for about a week now. My cute tummy is well on its way. I've been feeling more positive and confident. still not confident enough to talk to grills

Attached: yYfqgUK0_400x400.jpg (250x250, 17K)

It was taken down.
It was this: youtu.be/FmHyzFWnlqU

Been going for the past 4 months. Just hit 2pl8 squat last week.

I go to Planet Fitness, gym population is probably 80% retirees hanging out but it’s pleasant and has decent equipment

Hahahaha, burrgeerrrrr

Who am I kidding, I went to a Life Time Fitness when I lived in the States

>gourmet gyms
lmao

Actually McDonalds isn’t that bad. Speaking as someone who works there, the only thing truely fattening here is our hash browns and fries.

But Hibiki shoukd eat more.

Attached: F3C901DC-120C-4297-9857-802D601A75D3.jpg (1024x649, 62K)

>planet fitness
Kill your self

i'm not a burger what's so bad about Planet Fitness

>lunk alarm
>Free Pizza and Tootsie rolls
>Weight machines cap out.
>Gym caters its self to being “no judgement”, by which they mean no one to encourage you.

that sounds horrible

I think you'll find the reason for all the judgment right on the Wikipedia page where the chain is described as catering "to novice and casual gym users."

Also, you can be assured that if you go to a "Judgment Free Zone" IRL, Yea Forums will become your Judgment Disbursement Zone.

Honestly a Yea Forums gym sounds great.

My wife is so talented

Attached: meat&death.jpg (257x506, 69K)

The fuck?

capitalism is never wrong

They actually built a fitness facility with brand new equipment for the highschool they graduated from for free, so in this case it was kind of based for them to do that with all the money they made tricking fat people with bagel days.

I also graduated from that school and the town is poor af so I give them a lot of respect for doing that

I went yesterday

>Just pay rent.
lmao having boomercuck parents

Attached: 1565052886630.png (336x336, 216K)

what? i cant stand all the broscience. i skip every "training with y" info bit

Yes actually.

At the end of everything Planet Fitness is filling the demand for both a gym for a growing number of people interested in fitness and to also be a politically correct safe space where it’s goers will not be offended by being so fat the Brosnand would get cum.

You can also boycott planet fitness and not go in protest of the way they run them selves and what kind of messages they bring. And actually they are hurting economically do to rapidly building new gyms and upgrading equipment on debt.

>not this
youtube.com/watch?v=bVNRYQ10IXk

The only time I've known parents to charge rent to their kids is when they have no jobs and need a kick in the ass

>broscience
Except its not broscience fucking retard.

No but I did play some badminton with mys sister. I tripped and sprained my ankle. Hurts to walk so I'm on crutches.

Good taste gents, but if you listen to this you'll forget about your problems and remember that your body will always be there for you to improve
youtube.com/watch?v=CV7Zh9GmaBM&t=119s

Attached: Omae wa mou shindeiru.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>broscience
You mean normal dietary and body science? None of the things machio says are inaccurate

>Mother's Basement
One of the few people where I'd unironically rejoice if they had a car accident or something

shekels for a good goy

machio isnt the only one who has those segments

Don't go to /fit/ to ask questions. The place is crap. Just read the sticky and then leave.

theres a fuck load of broscience in the show

Like what? What broscience have they shown that isn't just actual legit dietary or fitness science?

Attached: hipthrustcult.png (960x879, 608K)

It's 'broscience' because gymbros know what works, even if they don't know why it works.
don't listen to bitches complaining.

I exercise very lightly. I have no one to go to the gym with. I'm watching the show because it's fun and I'm waiting for Hibiki to leave humanity behind

How much can she lift.

Attached: 315C1E9A-2662-4FB9-A8DF-30BE5C81E788.png (869x1252, 1009K)

It's kind of like calling something a physics professor says nerdscience

I'm doing keto and the pounds are just flying off without exercise. I'll start going for jogs when I can run for longer than 30 seconds without being winded.

t. 284 lbs

3 years now

Attached: broscience.png (1246x692, 595K)

Because it's sexy

Attached: 1564193806072.jpg (2891x4096, 724K)

I'm at the gym right now finishing up with a bit core. It's tough!

>keto meme
it's because you're eating less calories

>Implying this is a lie
Your point?

Except 30-60 minutes is pretty much the general consensus of the longest you should wait to eat protein after a workout

she can lift my weiner into her vagina untill it ejaculates if you know what i mean

its not a "lie", its broscience because the 30 min protein rule only applies to trainers who have fasted
more broscience in this other episode where she says stop start eating makes you fat when it is the basis of intermittent fasting program

Attached: broscience2.png (1254x699, 1.09M)

>consensus
"consensus" that is not scientific IS broscience

>being a gymcuck
lmao

Use the local park, it has free shit

Is 5 hotdogs good to eat after a workout?

Want I should track down the papers?

Show me anything that disregards that fact. After you workout hard your muscles need to heal. They do so with protein. Every top athlete I have known throughout highschool and college has done this.

generally just eat a huge amount of protein with some carbs

>basis of intermittent fasting program
>eating one huge meal a day
Eating only one giant meal a day is absolutely not great for your metabolism. People that intermittent fast eat a normal lunch and eat for several hours a day. Also intermittent fasting is a fairly new gas diet. You would still be better eating less at lunch and having something small in the morning like a banana to get your metabolism going in the morning

>Is hotdogs good to eat?
no

go ahead, they will say what i wrote in this post a normal trainer who does not fast and eats enough daily protein does not need to pay attention to the "Anabolic window"

this

literally wrong on all points

I've started jogging more. I'm to broke to afford a gym membership.

Cut down a tree. Make your own weights.

Do you really think its the muscleheads that come up with that?
Fucking retard there are cientists who research and discover this shit, muscleheads may not understand why its is so, but ITS IS SO.

I hit 225 on the bench today

I think I'm gonna make it

Attached: 1565329279719.jpg (480x360, 16K)

broscience isnt necessarily lies, its research taken out of context and believed by people who never read the papers

threads of this series is never about the show

nigger detected

What about HebrewNational?

>trying to get otakus in shape and more attractive

Is this anime the next step in Abe's master plan

otakus don't even watch this. It's a bunch of normies using it as a platform to talk about going to the gym

>broscience isnt necessarily lies, its research taken out of context and believed by people who never read the papers
So not a necessarely bad thing right, everyone knows the sun is bad for your skin but not everyone NEEDS to know why, stop being pedantic.

Go to a park. There's often stuff to do callisthenics on

>otakus dont watch this
Yes they do, fanservice.

trips of truth

pushups
situps
go to the park and try to do pullups
do curls with milk jugs filled with water

I just fap but imagine I'm doing it in a gym full of fit fags

I know, right? Nothing but blogs.

So, just like the threads of any other show?

No, blogtard. Even the chimps in Dragon Ball threads at least fling Dragon Ball-related shit at each other

I thought only fat fetishists where watching this?

You're thinking of the fat elf fanservicey workout manga. This is the fanservicey workout manga with fit people.

nah, it really is for trying to get otakus into the gym and become gymbros. Then they can share their pain in having no gf

Fuck off to your containment board.

That sounds nice.

Attached: 3463456347.jpg (240x240, 6K)

TL is damned fine to keep haiku between language

Attached: 1565798806115.webm (408x458, 166K)

Regarding weight loss and fasting, I'm now a reaffirmed believer in intermittent fasting. I made a mistake and chose to listen to the metabolism'ers spiel and tried taking their bad advice. For a trial period of just over two weeks I started eating a small breakfast and lunch and my weight loss immediately stopped dead right away; I actually gained a kilo over those two weeks. Previous trend was losing just over a kilo a week, depending, sometimes a little more. I usually never eat until dinnertime anyway, some time around 14:00 - 18:00 depending if I'm working or not. I also almost always eat a little later in the evening, around 22:00; toasted bread and cheese usually, sometimes stirred eggs too. I never did get much hungry until the early/late afternoon, so early food is still right out for me. I regret lending my ear to the metabolism'ers and their corrupt teachings, and I knew I should have instead listened to my own body as my way was the right one for me to begin with, insted I wasted both my time and my gains (potential weight loss not realized). Got to learn to trust in myself more, perhaps. I'm the only one looking out for me, after all.

My routine is any of the following, every day, for a minimum of 2,5 hours, but usually closer to 4:

-Walking briskly over rough terrain uphill- and downhill
-Swimming breast stroke for 4 km in the pool
-Doing cardio and stomach exercises at the gym.
-About every other week, I'll go camping in the mountains with my tent and heavy backpack, usually taking 6-8 hours to reach the campsite. I use the campsite as a base and take normally paced walks on the mountain for no more than 5-6 hours each day if I'm staying more than one night, taking the rest of the time to eat, have a campfire, read, rest and sleep well (sleep in). My eating is the usual all too fast, cheap and easy home cooked carb-heavy crap, but lately I've been trying to watch it a little and try to replace some of it with more fresh vegetables.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Never done a google search of Planet Fitness, huh?

Attached: Pizza Party Mondays!!!.png (1366x680, 1.6M)

I want to be cute and skinny and not big and buff so I just run.

Attached: 1564244433412.gif (400x225, 64K)

Muscle is cute you fag.

Attached: 1541867510038.jpg (1670x2048, 526K)

No it's not...

whats the matter? are you scared of a woman that can break your twiggy ass?

Attached: 1562179300183.png (184x184, 76K)

>Something so widely researched and medically verified to have "if/then" effects on nutrition and recovery "GAINS, BRO" that it's common knowledge
>"it's just broscience, bro"
>"you don't have dr in front of your name and you don't attach an anthology of medical reports from 20 different countries so it's just a lie, seethecope"

idgaf post hidden

>I thought only fat fetishists where watching this?
No, the thing is, nobody actually watches this, but bloggers flock these threads since they're scared of /fit/, and fatfags just feel the need to dump their crap wherever fat or fit stuff gets mentioned.

How long for muscles to appear on my arms?
I really have no problems beside my arms, my legs are very nice for a man(not feminine but i have meat in my legs, gota say i have more thighs than most non gymfag females), bt i have teenage arms, how to deal with it?

Do your hindu squats

Arnie isn't big because he drank a protein shake and lifted a dumbbell once, you fool.

I guarantee: you can lift and eat all you want, you will never, ever, ever be "big and buff" unless you dedicate your life to it literally becoming "big and buff."

Attached: Kinshiro.jpg (1366x768, 190K)

No I just don't like masculine women or men.
The phrasing was bad but I don't want to have any visible muscles.

Best body

Attached: 1564193773086.jpg (3508x1961, 368K)

Intermittent fasting fags are as annoying as keto fags desu.

Attached: 1559913452195.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

hol up, you sain Big A (the other one) ain't natty?

>>bloggers

Talking about an anime and how it is actually directly relevant to our daily lives; what a god-damned travesty. "Fuck those people getting motivated and trying to better themselves, share experience and prop each other up."

it's only masculine if the women roid their boobs/curves away

Attached: 1554433022298.jpg (1510x2195, 942K)

i was actively going to the gym for like 6 years until a year ago when i tore my labrum and im going to get it fixed on monday so for at least another 6 months or so until that heals, no.

Attached: 1561404380383.jpg (960x540, 293K)

god i wish that was me

Attached: 7.png (960x1361, 1.3M)

>Talking about an anime
There goes your argument. And I don't have a problem with people trying to improve themselves. Just discuss it on /fit/, where it belongs

>when you pick up something really heavy for someone and it feels like barely anything

Attached: 1429292192038.jpg (268x395, 23K)

You're actually right about that point, my bad.

>Talking about an anime
But almost nobody is, though

Regardless of your caloric deficit approach (keto, intermittent fasting, or a standard caloric deficit), it is the deficit itself that is primarily responsible for weight loss. See Dr. Johnston's 2014 meta-analysis on the topic, for example.

>The 30 min [anabolic window] only applies to trainers who have fasted.
This. Making sure that you reach your macro nutrient goals for the day is key, whereas meal timing has not been conclusively shown to have an impact on muscle protein synthesis. The literature (you can read any of, e.g., Dr. Schoenfeld's work) does not conclusively support the anabolic window theory.

How about no. Real question, though, is there enough material yet for a S2?

For whatever aesthetic virtue you have, I mean, you're gonna run into big health problems in no time, but okay, enjoy your childhood.

have you given your prayers to the muscle gods yet?

Attached: muscle.jpg (803x496, 175K)

Bigger deal, is anyone still lifting from the fitocracy days since 2012?

>prepare to deadlift
>awaken my muscles!!!
Would i get kicked out?

>How about no. Real question, though, is there enough material yet for a S2?
Yes, easily. If the "3 chapters per episode" method sustains itself, as it has, we'd end season 2 on chapter 72.
But, Ch. 72 is sort of at the beginning of their school winter trip to Kyoto, so they'd probably end it just short of that, probably 69 or 70 or something.

Attached: 01.jpg (960x1361, 243K)

>no one actually gives a shit in the gym
Unless you live in a shithole country / everyone knows you there.

>is there enough material yet for a S2?
They're up to chapter 79 right now. Add another year for the start of Season 2, that's 26 more chapters, so 100+. Yeah.
Not including the chapter crossover, chapter 4koma and volume 4koma if they wanted to pull from.

Attached: Volume 3 (143).png (847x1200, 741K)

>if you don't have big muscles you're going to have health problems

Attached: 1544429308460.jpg (454x584, 70K)

Based and redpilled. Phenomenology and heuristics are far more rigorous than ``scientific theory.''

And then there's normalfag redditors like you who need to go back.

Attached: 1546007484636.jpg (1920x1920, 1.47M)

>Phenomenology and heuristics are far more rigorous than ``scientific theory.''
How so?

I want to lift weights but the tennis elbow hurts too much. Doing the non arm focused exercises

Let's muscle hustle!

Attached: __amagiri_kirishima_and_nagato_kantai_collection_drawn_by_misumi_niku_kyu__sample-cbbc0f2b868b8af22b (850x853, 184K)

is this good for bulking

Attached: 213913_original.jpg (710x400, 33K)

You are not doing yourself any favors if you aren't preparing your body for what humans call "age." If you childishly plan for death before ageing becomes a factor, then you're off-the-hook, I guess.

Attached: Bicycle Crunches At the Bus Stop.webm (960x540, 520K)

I was wondering this other day, is this possible to keep my skin where they should?
How do i keep muscular and not a abomination when i get to my 50-60(after that its probably impossible)

>you die of not having muscles

The reality of scientific knowledge is that there is very little that is concretely known, and this is obviously true in the world of fitness and nutrition. Just look at the sheer amount of conflicting ``science-based'' advice you can find. I really cannot understate how little is actually genuinely understood about the mechanics through which bodybuilding works. As said, people just lift weights and eat protein because it works. Nobody truly knows why.

The danger of scientific theory is that it presents a narrative for why phenomena occur, and then extrapolates that narrative to form suggestions that ``should'' work. Except they almost never do. Conversely, with phenomenology, you don't worry about WHY something works, you just care about WHAT works. Sure doing so might not be 100% optimal, and that's why it's a heuristic, but it's sufficient for reaching your goals. And nobody actually knows what's 100% optimal anyway - anybody who claims to is lying.

Attached: 1547448333083.jpg (1080x1080, 355K)

>Trying to consistently beat 1.50km to at least ten minutes. Fastest was 9:37.
Ten minutes walking on your hands? I'm unathletic as fuck and can probably run that in seven minutes.

If you make healthy diet and exercise a daily routine for every day of your entire life, you will likely not begin to "waste away" physically until you reach into your 60s, and even then it will likely be more due to joint degradation, sickness or poor recovery from trauma. Similarly, by reaching 60s+ ages while still in superb human health, your brain may be more an issue than anything causing dementia or other emotional/memory related behavioral problems.

But, to answer your question: you can stay away from being defined as an "abomination" if you maintain an excellent diet starting now until forever, if you maintain exercise on a semi-daily regular basis, and if you cease/refrain from poor habits such as
>consuming alcohol ever becoming drunk is over consumption
>inhalation of smoke, drugs, or other unclean gases
>poor hygiene (bathing, oral healthcare, skincare, etc.)
>overexposure to direct sunlight
To remain in what would be surprisingly great physical health, in regards to musculature and recovery, consult your physician about taking regular (safe) levels of hormones associated with youthfulness, such as testosterone.

Attached: Chibi Cow Sensei 3.webm (432x444, 72K)

god i wish that were me

You die when you can't protect your body from injury from something as simple as a tripping fall.
You die when your heart cannot press enough blood through your veins or arteries, causing poor circulation, clotting, stroke and heart attacks.
You die when you literally cannot move your bodyweight upward from chairs or bed, or forward due to such degraded musculature.
You die when you can't feed yourself.
You die when you're weak.

Is poutine mode achievable natty?

Attached: 14B8E0E7-2EFF-46C2-9881-9A6537156DB3.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

None of this will happen unless you're literally anorexic and have next to no muscle mass. Just being skinny will lead to none of this.

You never put a single feet in a gym huh?...

Sounds like you are against any knowledge gained through the scientific method.

The post you were responding to is related to age. You WILL begin to lose muscles faster than you can gain or maintain them as you age, and at an accelerated curve as time progresses. People die when they're weak. They cannot protect themselves, they cannot rescue themselves, poor life choices has greater and more immediate effects, all sorts of very, very bad things occur when you don't have the healthy amount of muscle for a human to sustain life. And "sustaining life" at age 80 can range from being an oxgyen-tubed paraplegic in bed fed via PEGG tubing to having a walk outside your home in the winter time for more than 1 hour as you visit with family.

Also, you are still wrong, as you can also be FAT and still be weak from lack of muscles.
Anorexia is bad. So is obesity.
Don't be either.
Be healthy.
Be strong.

i just finished eating my lunch and feel like throwing up after seein the amount of mentally ill people in this thread that like fat girls, hopefully is just one digusting waste of oxigen samefagging

Attached: sadstrongman.jpg (217x232, 8K)

IRL Putin: Yes, just be old, short and chubby
Poutine: No

It is. Never respond to him, hide his posts. It's internet rule #14. Arguing, or even responding to trolls = they win. So don't satisfy them in any way. Ignore them completely.

Would i get gf if i muscled?
I am ugly, not UGLY abomination but i am a bit below the average because of my hairline.
I also have like 1.80 meters so i am of a nice height, so i wont be as ridiculous as one of those manlets

You won't.

It ain't just anorexia, being too fat causes heart problems for exactly the reasons user mentioned. When your blood isn't moving, you'll die, and being fat is #1 most common reason for that happening.

>feelsbadgymman.gif

Anime unironically motivated me to get in shape. I used to be a fat weeb and didn't really want to fit the stereotype which I absolutely did. So instead of quitting Japanese cartoons I fixed my shitty diet and lost 100 lbs.

I also started working out over a year ago. I like lifting, it's fun and actually pretty relaxing.

Attached: 1465948909378.jpg (256x256, 19K)

sure

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Jesus that shitty hair.

bro stop posting gore

No. What I'm against are two things:
(1) Pseudoscience that masquerades as irrefutable expertise, especially in the softer sciences like biology and, god forbid, the social ``sciences.'' There is nothing wrong with the scientific method when followed rigorously, except that the vast majority of knowledge you see peddled by experts nowadays isn't rigorous at all.
(2) The modern cult of scientism where the average person has a fanatical degree of reverence and unquestioning belief in anything that is putatively scientific. When two people with differing opinions both believe that their beliefs are scientifically supported, perhaps there's something wrong with the assumption that facts/science = Truth.

Attached: 1541944991093.jpg (1080x1080, 304K)

I've been doing my pushups, squats and lifting my dumbells every single day three times a day for well over 9 months now. Zero gains. Ask me anything.

dude, you're doing bodyweight push ups and squats and some 10 lbs dumbbell curls ... you need to get on an actual program, even something like starting strength would be better than this. If you're too poor for gym look into calisthenics.

In 9 months you can gain almost 20 lbs of lean mass ... that would make a big difference

You do know that if you have something against a certain study or paper you can peer-review it, right?
>facts/science = Truth
It's the closet thing though. Until the fact gets proven incorrect. Thinking that humanity cannot never attain the truth is a double-edged sword.

We aren't cavemen anymore user.
Yeah but this isn't about obesity

Science is striving for truth, but there is always the chance that we dont know the whole truth, as science advances things we had known for truth become half-truths. One should always question researchs no matter how renowed the researchers.

>Nobody truly knows why.
But that's not applicable in this case. The causal link between stimuli and (muscle) protein synthesis has been well-established, and the latter (protein synthesis) is a biological process that is similarly well understood. Neither are debated in the literature. There's a difference between something like psychology and cellular biology, the later of which is an extended expression of underlying physical chemistry.

As a research scientist, I whole-heatedly agree with skepticism and rejecting blind appeals to authority; but, at the same time, whenever I present such a claim, I have to have solid, theoretical/experimental backing as to WHY I am casting doubt in the first place. I can't hand-wave something away as pseudoscience.

Dope. I really should start reading it before then.

Given information provided, here is commentary provided:
1. Gains require you have approximately MORE Calories in than out. Consider that.
2. Whatever amount of pushups, squats and whatever exercise you're doing with "some 10 lbs dumbbell curls" is not enough repetitions. Do more.
3. "Every day" may not be allowing your body to recover, if we assume #2 is a large amount instead of a small amount.
4. "three times a day" may not be allowing your body to recover, if we assume #2 is a large amounts instead of a small amount and #3 is not a lie.
5. 9 months begins to approach the idea of "leveling out" when it comes to "making gains." Assuming #1, #2, #3, and #4 are all truthful and appropriate, then "zero gains" after 9 months only remains plausible if your 270th day of training is IDENTICAL to your 1st day or training.

Comment summary: you are either lying or you have not altered your repetitions or efforts whatsoever since Day 1, despite being in Day 271 (which is entirely foolish, but at least sustains whatever gains made previously).

Attached: ....webm (960x540, 40K)

I've been doing SS twice a week, and climbing for three hours or so, once a week. Since march. I'm up ten kilos since then, and I'm sure as hell not looking fatter. I started from skeleton though, so.
You need to push limits and eat well.

>We aren't cavemen anymore user.
That point is irrelevant to anything being discussed. All that comment implies is the idea of subservient humans, robotics and other "inventions" to do any of our desired actions for us when reaching into ages/weightzones where motion is no longer a healthy option.

>Yeah but this isn't about obesity
It's about muscles. Guess what: your heart is a muscle. You should get it stronger. Do you know how to get a stronger heart? You exercise.
Also, being outside a healthy weight is (fun fact:) bad for you in every way. So quote you: "we aren't cavemen anymore" so having overweight or obese levels of fat to stay warm for winter is completely unnecessary.

You seem to be trolling. This is my final post to you, enjoy the rest of your day!

Attached: 1565797104659.jpg (1920x1233, 1.03M)

I want to lick the sweat off of Gina’s sexy toned Russian tummy after working out with her
And then have sex with her in the missionary position for the purpose of procreation

Attached: 2BDAC554-B964-45A1-91A6-7236F51C98E2.jpg (834x1232, 442K)

Matt Ogus has been to my gym. He's 5'6" at best but he is shredded

The 30 minute meme, like other broscience, is the kind of thing that might have a small effect IF YOUR TRAINING AND DIET ARE NEAR PERFECT. Most gym-lore has a tiny bit of truth to it but not enough to make a perceivable difference for the vast majority of people. It really just serves to remind people to get enough protein.

>peer review
What a meme. There are so many problems with peer review and why it's rarely meaningfully carried out in practice: difficulty of reproduction, almost non-existent funding for peer review, negative results going unpublished, intentionally obscure methodology in published papers, and so on. Peer review is fine in theory, but it's heavily disincentived in practice. Who wants to spend time and money verifying something when that verification will go unpublished? The unfortunate reality is that except for a few privileged academics, everybody is just scrambling for funding.

>facts/science = Truth
My point here is mainly just that facts are distinct from interpretation, and that it's possible for single set of facts to have multiple interpretations. What you mostly see nowadays in modern discourse is the latter misinterpreted as the former. Just because there is factual evidence of climate change, that does not mean global warming is necessarily real.

Attached: 1546528529054.png (720x486, 341K)

user we're not talking about obesity here.

Y'know, you started out strong, but kinda fell off a cliff at the end there.

>climate change
I knew it was about this all along.

Attached: 1558494781308.png (1440x810, 588K)

NICE FOOM
BENTU OBA
RAT PURUDAON

>The causal link between stimuli and (muscle) protein synthesis has been well-established, and the latter (protein synthesis) is a biological process that is similarly well understood. Neither are debated in the literature.
A causal link is phenomenology. If muscle-building were truly understood, Olympic athletes would just spend all day sitting in a lab getting their muscles zapped while they're fed protein through a tube. Biology usually does fine on a micro level, but falls short at the macro level with anything beyond pseudoscientific extrapolation. It's why medicine often harms more than it helps.

I'm not saying that global warming isn't real, nor am I saying that there's no reason to take ecological action regardless. I was merely pointing out its epistemic rigor.

If you want a different example, look at quantum mechanics. There is basically universal agreement on mathematically how quantum mechanics should be done, but there is huge disagreement on how it should be INTERPRETED. In other words, you can have multiple equally viable interpretations from something that is unequivocally true (facts).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics

>tfw go to the gym for holy fuck 12 years now
>never trained to get huge, just to not age and keep my body shape as it was
>currently 29, get dated as 19 or 17 constantly
>not even Asian
A glorious feel but I feel little perma ottermode is getting old, like me

Yeah, it's called good genetics. Once you hit 35ish you'll look the same but shit is gonna start to fuck itself up ie: slower recovery time, more prone to injuries.

Oh for sure, I don't mind at all a death becomes her situation. As long as I don't look old I don't mind being a rotting zombie corpse on the inside.

I actually started going today, trying to lose weight but no idea what should i do so i kinda tried almost everything.
Any tips?

Attached: 1425713568913.png (700x700, 362K)

I cheated today. I´m sorry, Machio

>apologizing to Machio of all people
Gay

liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Are any of them proficient at using the Shake Weight?

>As a research scientist, I whole-heatedly agree with skepticism and rejecting blind appeals to authority; but, at the same time, whenever I present such a claim, I have to have solid, theoretical/experimental backing as to WHY I am casting doubt in the first place. I can't hand-wave something away as pseudoscience.
You have the direction of epistemology going the wrong way. It should take tremendous amounts of theoretical/experimental backing to prove something is true, and not the reverse. One small observation can disprove a statement, while millions can hardly confirm it. We know a lot more about what is wrong than what is right.

Is grunting bad manners?
Do people look at you like a disgusting piece of garbage, i mean i usually grunt loudly when i am near the end of my sets because you have to challenge your limits right?
I only stop lifting when i cant feel my arms anymore.

Lift your fucking weights faggot
If people bitch about you grunt while lifting heavy weights just throw the weight at them and tell them to fucking lift it and shut the fuck up

Attached: fpxoozf5slg31[1].jpg (450x560, 46K)

I only do cardio and calisthenics!

Attached: __c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_huyumitsu__a5f4d0cb294be7e7ce646c5c45f118f7.jpg (617x617, 148K)

Based and trapilled

>Facebook memes

Low reps, heavy weight

By exercising you retard. Everyone wants to throw up the first few times they work out.

yes, my left forearm is sore from ohp, I think I fucked it up

Normies don’t work out

Alt right MRA confirmed for chads.

Attached: 274AEEBB-FFE8-49C6-8B4F-E028A0BA8039.png (1536x2048, 1.49M)

I signed up to a place so that I can start swimming today. I was not prepared for getting my ass so thoroughly kicked by water, but I want to keep doing it daily. It's probably the best true work out that I can get to complement my already somewhat physically intensive job.

Attached: 1523281997532.gif (540x304, 836K)

Never understood the point of these articles.
>Hey fit-bros, haha look how healthy and conservative you all are! I bed you won't even die of a heart attack by 48 like the rest of us! And you'll even vote to keep your own money too, won't you, douches!

It reads like a bad script

Started going 3 weeks ago, slowly making progress, I can finally do a full set of 135 bench
Going today and gonna work on my OHP

dude you ARE NOT GOING TO GET "BLOATED" MUSCLES as a beginner or intermediate lifter. Low reps high weight, hi reps low weight, mid reps mid weight, it doesn't matter. Nobody ever started lifting and then one day thought "damn, my muscles are too big, how did this happen?". The "lean/compact" look you want is just low body fat.
is technically correct in that hypertrophy training and pure strength training, AT HIGH LEVELS, take different weight/rep schemes, but misses the point in that you are probably an untrained/beginner weeb and that difference simply doesn't matter for you.

Must be nice having no obligation.
I can barely fit 3 or 4 days of hitying the gym into my weekly calendar.

Overall just stick on the machines. If you don't want to make yourself obvious then don't worry about how much you can do, but how much time you spend on the machine. If you go hopping around from one machine without getting a decent workout in to the next then people will start focusing on you.

Once you get /fit/ enough and show a little muscle definition, then you can publicly move to barbells/dumbells. Megachads will be less annoyed of you being in their area at that point.

>You never put a single feet in a gym huh?...
I have been to a gym and I can lift more than you but that is besides the point.

how does that stop me from being near sweaty dudes. Also why would I pay for access to something that I have at home?

>how does that stop me from being near sweaty dudes.
They usually stick around the dumbbell/barbell area and you probably won't be near them 85% of the time. You still have to look at them.
>Also why would I pay for access to something that I have at home?
I don't know the general consensus, but I feel more motivated to keep up my workout for at least 45-90 minutes if i'm at the gym on the fear of looking like a failure infront of everyone in there. I got a weight set at home but working out(or doing anything in general) is near impossible since I rather play video games/watch anime when I get home.
Overall keep in mind that realistically you'll usually see a new set of people every time you walk in the gym.

Every time I see Hibiki, I get a nice bulk

Attached: 0c4221b36f70a037d6a3b1ff53f10ec4.jpg (2708x4096, 2.64M)

>all these people benching 225 lbs
Damn it. I thought I was strong compared to the people at my gym. I do it with 60lbs dumbells though rather than the bar so maybe thats making a difference?

explain further

>get your metabolism going in the morning
this is why i hate people

>cannot do even push ups
should atleast begin with how do i get strong enough to do even 10 of these

there are these pseudo pushups that you can do too train yourself up until you have the strenght to do one after that it is not hard to get to ten, but it gets more difficult past that

Don't need a gym if you have:
>Dumbells
>Bench
>Jumping rope
>Treadmill
>Soft ground + carpets
at home.

i dunno, should i?

Nice, I hear swimming is useful for losing weight, strengthening muscles and endurance.

The japanese government doesnt necessarily want buff people but rather more sex-having guys

Literally never get a membership there. Most metrosexual gym ever since for some reason that's fucking possible

I started going at the beginning of the year and lost 40 pounds

I originally started going because I was getting too big for my clothes but now I'm getting too thin for them

I don't really need to lose weight, but I'll get stronger and build endurance for Hibiki! The place also had a shitty weight room with nothing but a sparce selection of kettle bells when it came to real weights. Anyone have some suggestions for using those?

I can't do this. What's the work's name?

based concrete training nigga.

>250 pounds
I regularly do 200 crunches now after getting a stomach cramp that was fucking horrible at the start.
I haven’t lost weight but me belly seems a little thinner.
I’ve done a 10 second plank too but keeping my feet up is too hard.

The diference is that i actually throw up, and its so fucking embaressing i feel like a fucking subhuman.

for last 6 months 5-7 days a week now

it depends on which branch I think, I go there because its cheap as fuck and they just leave people alone

Most research these days is iterative, meaning you're building off of a substantial body of preexisting knowledge. And I do mean SUBSTANTIAL. The low hanging fruit have already been picked in all but the newest of emerging fields, and what's left is less novel, ground-breaking work, and more incremental improvements in our ability to do X (engineering) or understanding regarding Y phenomenon under Z circumstances (sciences). We know A LOT about what is right, which of course does lead us to further questions, and to wholesale dismiss our current scientific body of knowledge in many primary fields is ignorant. It is the chief reason that scientists have become so extremely niche in their area of expertise. This is also why I stated that if you run into the case where something in the literature doesn't add up, yet there's already a large body of work that it references, you better damn well have a solid case if you want to publish. That is the scientific zeitgeist in which we live, like it or not.

dyel here
are machines really that bad? I'm afraid of free weight exercises

>try to make pushups
>can barely, just barely do a set of 10
>literally cant feel my arms after that
haha based

I'm unironically going tomorrow morning for one of those free tryout sessions. It was prompted by this show.

Still don't know how to feel about that.

Attached: 1406516820826.gif (500x511, 1.28M)

i couldnt do a single pushup 4 months ago before i signed up to a gym, now i can do a lot of them

take it slow? just do small shorter sessions to have your body acclimate to effort

I lack motivation to go to the gym in spite of having a desire to. I dunno, like I need a reason to go, if that makes sense. Not just personal desire, I don't give a fuck about myself.

Been going for a while. Strained my rotator cuffs a few days ago, can't even do an overhead press with an empty bar, everything hurts and I want to die. Hopefully it'll recover in a few days. ONEGAI MUSCLE

Episode 8 preview

youtube.com/watch?v=Hbf_QHUYo-o

You're missing the point. I'm not dismissing scientific knowledge in its entirety. There is plenty of rigorous scientific knowledge, especially in the harder fields like physics. It seems like you're under the assumption that I'm trying to be unscientific or obscurantist, when it's actually the complete opposite. I want genuine scientific rigor rather than a superficial sense of unwarranted confidence as often seen in fields like biology, nutrition science, fitness, etc. - the original topics of the conversation.

While there might be plenty of rigor in good academic papers (and not the over 50% that are never even read and published in for-profit journals), this rigor almost always falls apart when it comes to anything resembling lifestyle suggestions or policy changes - things like fitness routines, diets, economic policy, medicine, etc. - and not academic minutiae. There simply is not enough knowledge to make concrete recommendations in these fields beyond phenomenology.

Attached: 1564636010298.jpg (2282x3507, 968K)

Thank you user.

Wait, isn't the hiking chapter way ahead?

WHOA, so there's our first big deviation from the manga. We just ended ep. 7 with the Idol Auditions from chapter 23.

Episode 8 will be
Ch. 30 - Side Bends (Aina and Kure senseis join the gym)
then a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge skip ahead
Ch. 48&49 - Hiking & Climbing (travel up Death Mountain)

So, uh. Yeah. I mean, as far as anime pacing goes, do whatever you want, director. You've got a lot of material to work with!
But, on the other hand, you've just included 2 chapters beyond the very convenient end for Episode 12 on Ch. 36 (Harnnold Classic), and given that Jason Sgatham is in the intro, it WILL include the trip to America, so that has to get to the Harnnold Classic (or beyond) anyway. And by jumping so far ahead with the Hiking/Climbing, it cuts out the final pages where Jason talks with Machio about his concerns for the girls (because, obviously, Jason hasn't been introduced yet). I think they're cutting out the chapters where they're jumping around seasons, so they're gonna place winter season chapters after the Harnnold Classic or just straight-up saving them for Season 2.

Until now, where it's been strict in-line with the chapter progression, I thought we were gonna get the girls cosplaying at the Silverman Gym party to snatch some boyfriend numbers and end with Akemi+Machio's trip to Disteny Land.

Attached: 04.png (960x1361, 1.4M)

Kengan Asura I think.

Quads checked
And yeah. They've skipped ahead for the senseis introductions. Which, I guess, is fine. It's the senseis and the girls' trip so it doesn't do anything. Removes Jason from the background, though.

Attached: 16.png (960x1361, 1.03M)

what are you retarded its not hard at all
lateral raises

>muh IF
kys fag
just fast completly
ONLY WATER 1-3 days a week and see the fat melt away

Just got in 3 sets of curls and 3 sets of tricep extensions with 20lb dumbbells. Feels like my arms will be sore tomorrow.

>metabolism'ers
Wot?

>fasting
Not going to make it

Don't forget to eat less calories, user.
It will definitely help with losing the weight

well he's probably getting the newbie gains so that weight in fat is probably being replaced by muscle

>But, on the other hand, you've just included 2 chapters beyond the very convenient end for Episode 12 on Ch. 36 (Harnnold Classic)

DESU they did cut chapter 15 (Chinning) and chapter 21 (Massage), so they have room for two extra chapters anyway

>I thought we were gonna get the girls cosplaying at the Silverman Gym party to snatch some boyfriend numbers and end with Akemi+Machio's trip to Disteny Land.

I was really looking forward seeing BDSM and school uniform sensei, though

Attached: __sakura_hibiki_danberu_nan_kiro_moteru_drawn_by_olys__4d3686bde7ec1ca413b803757e4c9f4b.jpg (768x1414, 78K)

ASANAGI, YAMEROO!

Attached: DELET.png (1285x496, 1.47M)

Well, I'm pretty sure they'll still include the massage chapter and the Tochigi Disteny Land chapter. I dunno about the "gym date" chapter now, if they're wary of delving into the theme of Christmas and New Years that are in the 20s chapters.

Attached: 01.png (960x1361, 779K)

delete this

Attached: 42399742_378174043006542_4014087752080424960_n.jpg (228x206, 11K)

Why would asanagi draw that.

fucking
already? are you kidding?

I've been going for 8 years now.

That's what fucks me too. It's a lot of effort and suffering for something I don't care enough. My only strenght is how much I despise myself and my body.
If there was anime girls waiting for me at the end of the road then it would be different.

Attached: 1562772957105.jpg (1920x1839, 1.02M)

Pro tip to progress in bodybuilding and nutrition is to not fall into 'muh scientific evidence' trap. Most doctors knows fuck all about the gym. Science proven training isn't be all end all approach to lifting. Disregard opinions of dyels. only consider the listening to people who's had results and experience. Be open to trying different methods and exercises and you'll figure out overtime what works best and what does not for you.
Also try fasting if you want to lose weight, don't listen to cucks that want you to stay fat.

That's one sexy boy

as you get older you become really fragile and unable to heal anymore long before just dying off because you're old becomes issue. Having strong body helps you a long way.