Hunter x Hunter

Just when you thought Togashi's magnum opus was the Chimera Ant arc, he builds up one of the most based and thematically rich arcs, a Horror/Political suspense based on information war between dozens of factions involving a massive cast of well developed characters with clear roles and conflicting motives, the build up alone has left this arc to be one of the most unpredictable pieces of fiction in existence.
The Succession War has the potential to surpass the Chimera Ant arc and you could easily argue that it already did.

Attached: Tserr-Theta.jpg (680x486, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=3_1&q=hunter x hunter digital
nyaa.si/view/1105686
youtube.com/watch?v=QkW7Mnf9zXU
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2018/.140164
youtube.com/watch?v=pIxLmpvL7RY
youtube.com/watch?v=fSiG03boApE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obligatory.

Attached: 1558621417842.png (6754x3726, 2.52M)

>The Succession War has the potential to surpass the Chimera Ant arc and you could easily argue that it already did.
Only if it gets finished :'(

The main reason people refrain from comparing it to the Chimera Ant arc is because one is finished and animated while the other is only halfway done in the manga, have faith user, Togashi will deliver.

Attached: 1565084992929.png (764x650, 360K)

>The Succession War has the potential to surpass the Chimera Ant arc and you could easily argue that it already did.
Imagine being this retarded

Attached: so vile.png (555x267, 582K)

brainlet buzzwords, give real arguments.

You're the one who's retarded, if you look at the larger first half of the Chimera ant arc you wouldn't know why people call this arc a masterpiece, yet the buildup was all there, this time, the buildup literally makes the CA introduction look like insignificant shounenshit in comparison, your lack of trust in Togashi's skills is pathetic.

Attached: 1564387983217.png (908x1007, 448K)

I trust Togashi's skills, dut i don't think anyone can possibly surpass Chimera Ant arc. It's a groundbreaking work from every standpoint.

Attached: 15005123.jpg (1200x900, 563K)

>the build up alone has left this arc to be one of the most unfinished pieces of fiction in existence.

ftfy

That's very closeminded, and while I do agree the CA is superior, I will hold my judgement and wait for the arc to be complete, the CA gets most of the praise for the Palace invasion, we aren't in the palace invasion portion of SW yet.

Attached: Lynch.png (388x360, 128K)

What happend to the last thread? The one that got 404’d.

Jannies or OP deleted it for some reason

Attached: 5722bb826619ef9f5faf942762bb1b3d.jpg (500x540, 31K)

We all know that Gyro arc wil be something that mankind has never seen before. The Gyro arc will surpass CA SW & DC arcs. Gyro arc will be Togashi’s ultimate Magnum Opus.

Do you know why and do you know the thread’s name? That’s what I was trying to ask.

I BESEECH YOU, MY PURPLE DOLPHIN

No idea why, couldn't see a single post breaking the rules in there.

Anyway I found the deleted thread.

>Just when you thought Togashi's magnum opus was the Chimera Ant arc
Only MAL loving redditfags think that Chimera Ant is the best arc

Attached: 1565567355212.png (415x491, 221K)

There was another one actually, and it got deleted after 60 replies or so, I can't even find it in archives.

What's the name of that thread? What was it about?

"Name any other notable friendships in HxH other than Gon & Killua"

Why do you fags even care about dead thread when its always the same cancer shit fags keep spamming every day?

Yeah user that was the one I was talking about. I found that thread like I said before

Why do you care, faggot?

Attached: 1552678357460.jpg (804x1147, 190K)

>Pls tell us your top 3 fav movies
>1st place: Alien
So what are the other 2?

Jannies deleted it. Just let it go.

Obligatory. VIZ volumes:
v01-36 = nyaa.si/?f=0&c=3_1&q=hunter x hunter digital
v37 = nyaa.si/view/1105686

Attached: VIZ-Media-logo.jpg (800x640, 114K)

>Jannies deleted it. Just let it go.
Silly rabbit, I found the thread already, so the case is closed.

Q7. Please tell us your top 3 favorite movies.

T: "First Place - 'Alien'. This is my favorite movie where people are put in a situation of limited space and die off one by one.

Second Place - Zombies. In addition to being an amazing 'creation tool', keywords such as "living dead" and "infection/contamination" has really struck a note with modern society and has resulted in widespread popularity and faithful fans. I am one of those fans. Along with the rapid transfer of information over the internet in this generation, zombies have also gained momentum as a result of that. I guess it is something that cannot be helped, but I feel a bit sad about this.

Third Place - From third place onwards, they are all about the same to me, so I can't really rank them. Since I would choose a different answer depending on how I'm feeling on a particular day, and later on I would probably think "No, I should have chosen that one instead." Since I don't want this to happen, I won't write a third. I don't think the above two will change, so that is fine. But third... I'm going to respond to your question with a question of my own. Would you be able to choose a third? How about it? You can choose? Fine. Then I'll choose too. Then please for third place put war movies."
>I guess he's speaking about movie genres here and not mentioning any movies in particular other than Aliens.

Attached: 54651844122.png (774x362, 516K)

Tser is very persuasive.

Regarding the CA vs Succ Arc buildup, I would argue that Succ is better in comparison. The characters introduced in it outshine the early Chimera Ants and Kite's squad, and CA doesn't have the Hisoka vs Chrollo equivalent. It does have Netero vs Meruem of course but that happened much later on in the story.

We will have some very interesting plot points coming up in the next chapter/chapters, like Tserr confronting Theta about her shooting him in the head, and Tser confronting Melody, I think this is going to pave the way for his future character developement, and I also hope he ends up falling in love with Theta like Togashi hinted at several times.

Attached: CH386.png (702x319, 317K)

He isn't going to just fall in love with Theta. Togashi already did that story with Meruem. This is a subversion of that

>hate gore
>but kinda want to watch Togashi's fav movie
tough choice

>he ends up falling in love with Theta like Togashi hinted at several times.

I hope not. It worked with Meruem, but it won't work with Tse.

Attached: Two-Faced Woman.jpg (743x819, 370K)

Yap, Tser and Theta plot will be intriguing. I wonder how she feels about him. I don't expect another Meruem and Komugi story with them as Togashi has already done it so I'm curious how things will play out, especially now that Theta can't lie in front of him.

Attached: Chapter #385 - Page 12.jpg (1268x572, 169K)

Hisoka will die of old age.

I don't expect him falling in love with her will change anything in him like Komugi-Meruem, it will be different in the sense that Tserr isn't a newborn ant with a very malleable morality, the guy has already made up his minds and opinions about the world, Theta won't have a choice other than accept his psychopathy or die.

Attached: Do5cbSfVAAA00ko.jpg (1074x752, 134K)

Attached: Color Tserriednich.jpg (1200x1200, 307K)

Kino.

Attached: The Ultimate Joy299.jpg (3711x919, 1.19M)

Makes me laugh every time.

Attached: 1565252636689.png (900x800, 836K)

The way Togashi walks and smiles

And let's not forget one other woman from Tser's life, his mother. I hope that we will see him interact with Unma at some point.

Attached: 14Princes14Stations.png (1596x780, 308K)

And he is supposedly friends with Halkenburg, should be interesting to see aswell as his relationship with the Heil-Ly mafia family.

Attached: 1565654936992.jpg (595x842, 95K)

>Just when you thought Togashi's magnum opus was the Chimera Ant arc
I never thought that.

That's because this thread is only targeting Hunterchads.

Their friendship is interesting for sure. When the arc started they were basically polar opposites but know even Halkenburg is starting to go a bit insane (for a noble cause though). It's gonna be interesting to see if he will continue to experiment just with his men, or maybe form an alliance with Tser or presumably Kurapika. A Tser x Morena x Halkenburg alliance would be insanely strong and I'm sure that they would eventually decide to kill each other.

Their end goals are very conflicting so I can't really see an alliance forming between them, a Halkenburg-Kurapika one is much more likely to happen.

What is a point in being so convoluted that it takes ages to explain anything when he draws so slow that ages turn into centuries of a slugfest.

That's why you shouldn't put yourself through Hiatus and just don't read at all until an arc is complete, you'll enjoy it much more that way.

Attached: 1535131863230.png (463x396, 117K)

>Their end goals are very conflicting
They are but for some reason, they are good friends. It's safe to assume that Halkenburg doesn't know Tserriednich's "artistic" side so he must be manipulated by him. Or maybe there is something more to their relationship. But yeah, a Halkenburg-Kurapika alliance seems more plausible regarding the circumstances.

Cute sexy cynic Morena

Best girl

Attached: 1565655369320.jpg (400x500, 178K)

Lately I am feeling like Togashi made a mistake by not letting Fuu escape at the cost of Kachou and Keeni's lives. A problem in the arc right now is that it seems like there is no escape but death for a lot of characters in the boat. If Fuu succeeded in escaping the hands due to Kachou's sacrifice and made it to land, we would probably feel like other characters like Oito and Wobble have good chances. Which could also make it more powerful if they did die.

I would regain faith if that fu gave us at least 1 or 2 chapters a year.

The ideal Kakin woman

He gives us an average of 10 a year and we got 20 last year, plus there are rumours that it's coming back in September.

If Fuu escaped it would fuck the entire ritual since we presume that all the princes that "retire" are necessary for completing the ritual, hence the chamber of tubes momoze and Sale-Sale are currently interred in.

There being a barrier adds to the drama since Kurapika doesn't know about it yet and he's keeping escape as one of his options for saving Oito and Wobbles. If/when he figures this out it's going to be crushing to the queen.

Kurapika's arcs have always been the best though.

I thought about starting this series.
How far into it until I become a smug shitposter who can't shut up about it?

Attached: 1561419133442.gif (300x233, 102K)

So are Hunterchads not even suppose to talk about HxH and discuss it in their own threads now ?

It feels like we’re gonna discriminated at

Attached: 1556659617549.png (330x330, 29K)

Wishful thinking from shitposters doesn't count as rumor

I love the chart, but I have one grudge with it: Zhang Lei is not Onior's son. When he thought "I'm counting on you, Father" was because he instructed Onior to discover how his father, Nasubi, won the previous Succession War, that's the reason for the "counting on you".
I actually really like how the sisters situation turned out. For one, it shows the Nen Beasts can develop into really specific abilities that have nothing to do with the war and reveals the host personality. Their biggest fear was living without the other, so the beast covered for that, it didn't matter wich one died, that would be a clone. Beside this, I think Nen Kacho is a setup for a future situation when Fuu will have to withdraw from the war, let it go of Kacho and break the nen beast system. I don't think the Succ War will end with one prince remaining, someone will withdraw and make all the beasts disappear.

How will Yea Forums react when Kurapika dies of a neck break during a fight? The last Kurta dies of a broken neck.

You should read it instead.
Being a Hunterchad will always make you smug, but watching 2011 just makes you a smug retard.

I'd say it's still worth theorizing that Zhang does mean Onior is his father since it's also apparent that there's something going on with Luzarus and Broco-li given they have the same hair, jaw, and nose.

Seems like too much a coincidence that at least 1 prince resembles Nasubi's half brother and then another prince says a somewhat ambiguous line about another half-brother maybe being his father.

>it also comes with a free persecution complex
Yeah, maybe I'll put it off for awhile.

Good, you don't want to ruin your anime/manga enjoyment by watching HxH and then finding out that nothing mesures up to it afterwards.

Yeah, you got a point, still ambiguous tho, I wouldn't carve on a stone Zhang Lei's parentage yet. What would be the implications of bastards playing the game? That the ritual needed a specific number of people to work?

You have to be traumatized by having to defend the series during multiple hiatuses before that happens to you.

>What would be the implications of bastards playing the game? That the ritual needed a specific number of people to work?
Hard to say that one because Zhang and Luz are among the older siblings. Would make sense if Wobbles and the next youngest were the bastards if it was an issue of Quotas. I could guess it was part of a deal between Nasubi and his brothers, maybe in exchange for them taking over two mafia families they were allowed to father a child with a legal wife, but I don't know why that would be the terms.

Or maybe much simpler Nasubi got cucked and simply doesn't care because whoever's kid manages to win should be a great ruler.

That is one possibility. Another is that the title of Prince is a recognition from the King giving you the right to participate, which could allow children to become non-recognized, and could allow more Princes to survive this arc.

Another posibility is that anybody can put their blood in the Urn before the ceremony started. Which could mean that Oito didn't put Wobble's in the Urn. But maybe her own. And perhaps that could let Wobble survive.

Finally, it could mean that a third Prince is the son of the guy who preceded Morena as Hei-Li boss. Which could cause emity between Morena and that Prince in particular.

>Or maybe much simpler Nasubi got cucked and simply doesn't care because whoever's kid manages to win should be a great ruler.
Or maybe his half brothers helped him win the Succession War back in the day under the condition that each of them gets to fuck one of Nasubi's wives and have 1 kid who would then get to participate in this current Succession War.

Alien isn’t that gory at all

It's not impossible, but I think Onior is sincere in not knowing how his brother won so if he did offer some help it was to such a capacity that he was largely absent from the ritual. Even the fact that he presumably doesn't know about nen could mean he really is in the dark about a lot of going ons with the previous succession war so either he really wasn't a factor or he had a small but significant role he's keeping Zhang in the dark about.

That also begs the question who the previous Heil-ly family boss was before Morena? If they were also a half-sibling of Nasubi's they could have a bastard in the current war as well.

I like this theory even more than the other (which I didn’t like imo)

O'nior's word should be doubted, I think. He says he doesn't know Nen, but he has been talking about how the Troupe is dangerous because they don't care about balance or using "their power". Ken'i was also super angry when Phinks mentioned Nen in front of his men. It is possible that talking about Nen at all is just a Taboo for the mafia.

>Which could mean that Oito didn't put Wobble's in the Urn. But maybe her own. And perhaps that could let Wobble survive.
We did saw that something is going on with Wobble, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Oito using her blood immediately, if she had a nen beast it would be connected with Wobble somehow. And the beasts can be really elusive. Still don't think so, but it would make a interesting scenario to see that the ritual has a big loophole and that a queen could enter the dispute. Also, how Oito would react to this.

That takes the patience of a Saint

It is known

Man, all this civil and nuanced discussion about Succession War is making my dick hard. It's time Togashi, come back. I tried reading other manga, I really did, but it's hard to enjoy them once you taste the nectar of gods.

>O'nior's word should be doubted
I agree, but both sides need to be considered. Onior wasn't hiding that his men use strange powers and his earlier comments on "power" isn't about nen either, it's more straightwordly power dynamics as it relates to balance and who gets to have and who doesn't. I think if Onior doesn't know about nen it's simply because he's been purposefully kept out of the loop, probably because he's a 2nd rate son and thus the rules dictate that he not be able to pose a real threat to the main family. Onior himself is aware of how this works, "in order for the haves to keep having someone has to get the short end of the stick"
Which makes Morena's situation interesting because her learning nen has given her a stronger blade to point at the royal family.

Ken'i however does know about nen and most likely is a nen user, but we've seen other mafia leaders who don't know about nen either and they also treat it like Onior has stated, just weird powers people use. Tajao of the Cha-r is one example and he's fairly high up to be a military advisor and not knowing about nen. We've already heard the rose tattood mafia guys talk about "the unspoken rule" regarding nen users not openly talking about it to preserve the balance. Which again, is a major theme for this arc.

Now if Onior is lying to Zhang it's pretty obvious why, each kid has to find victory for themselves and getting help from a veteran would be against the rules. Nasubi has remained impartial and so should Onior which will make his next conversation with Zhang interesing. Plus in either case Onior has more pressing matters to monitor because Morena is fucking things up down below.

Based.

Attached: Tserrichad.jpg (1260x709, 281K)

How is he so based?

Attached: hxh1.jpg (874x1300, 272K)

To be honest can anyone blame him with the information available to him at the time ?

Because he put Kurapika in his place and shutting him up in the process.

>I tried reading other manga, I really did, but it's hard to enjoy them once you taste the nectar of gods.
That's sad really, there's a lot of great manga out there to read besides HxH. And speaking of nectar of the Gods, Shinju no Nectar is a good read.

>can anyone blame him with the information available to him at the time
>people talking about magic powers nobody can see
>just lost a subordinate to a class on said magic power
>Now the teacher is calling you telling you that you're trapped in a pocket dimension
>and he claims to know who killed Momoze
If he believed Kurapika I'd say he was an actual moron or maybe on some dirt.

From his POV, it definitely looked like Kurapika is bullshitting him. I actually really liked this conversation as it gave us insight into how skilled but nenless people would react to all of this. Thank God for based Bisky.

OOH MY MAGICAL RUBBER GUM, GRANT ME ANOTHER LIFE I BESEECH YOU!

Attached: succmynose.jpg (739x415, 26K)

No, they put Wobble's blood in the Urn, not Oito.
Also Oito doesn't have a nen beast, only princes have.

I love how this is a page-turner, the negotiation is going pretty well in the previous one and then...

Why is Usopp so useless that Oda feels like he needs to give him random powers everytime like infinite plant seeds, just give him a gun ffs.

When is this shit getting new some chapters? Wsj is already start showing off new shit.

can was pissers please fuck off?

>halfway done

Irrespective of whether you think the succession war has the potential to out do the chimera ant arc I dont think anyone could reasonably argue it has already surpassed it.

One Piece is the creativity and worldbuilding of shounen, Hunter X Hunter is the writing and depth of characterization, they each excel in a specific way compared to their peers in the Shounen genre.

A good argument that has been mentioned several times during this thread is the fact that the build up alone has surprassed anything we've seen before, if you continue down that same pattern you can conclude that it might surpass CA once it's complete.

Attached: 1565776621236.jpg (858x1200, 196K)

>Kurapika is it, Leorio's friend? Leave Tserriednich to me.

Attached: 1565812422518.png (591x876, 475K)

kurapika will bang oito so hard, it guaranteed she give birth to triplet

Attached: OITO.jpg (2048x1561, 773K)

Whatever but Wan Piss doesn't belong here but in OP threads, so please kindly fuck off to your own thread.

No I don't care about Oda.

>One Piece
>creativity
In what?

Attached: 155009574.png (494x239, 103K)

Damn... Feels good to be a Hunterchad.

>naked Queen Oito on the bottom right
She's wasted on a fat fuck like Nasubi

Chill user, let people talk about what they want anywhere, i see HxH falseflaggers shitting up other manga threads aswell, if they want to come and debate (and ultimately lose) then welcome them.

Attached: Odahack.png (751x504, 98K)

>Morel wait for me, we need a foolproof strategy first!

Attached: Know hat.jpg (838x534, 34K)

>Shinju no Nectar
>look this up
>literally from the guy who wrote Guilty Crown

That's a yikes

Attached: 4th_Chad.png (250x249, 19K)

No snkfag, if you want to talk about OP or SNK, you should do it in a thread where it belongs. Hence why we have threads. I don't wan falseflaggers or ''franchise wars'' to derail this thread, hence why they are not welcome here.

KINO

Attached: HxH Renaissance.jpg (1778x2000, 1.67M)

No such thing will happen hopefully and Kurapika and Oito may die during this whole royal madness.
Nasubi was a chad back in the day.

>Talk about SnK in Snkthread
You can't talk about anything except shipperfaggotry there

This is a cool image, user, where did you get it from?

Don't judge it until you've given a couple chapters a read.
>Nasubi was a chad back in the day.
She's the most recent wife and the youngest, no way she didn't marry into the family more than a couple years ago.

the king pretty alpha son

Attached: 1538385118036.png (1057x949, 1.4M)

This is the same reason i stopped typing in those threads.

Attached: 1565442008109.jpg (540x435, 42K)

My sister and niece ship Tserriednich und Theta:
Tserrieta.

Attached: T and T.jpg (736x729, 97K)

Your sister and niece are based as fuck.

Attached: D3jVO7tUEAEktsp.jpg (539x613, 56K)

Tse will kill Theta soon

Attached: Wang.jpg (500x500, 152K)

His head looks like a gourd, your argument is invalid.
I mean yeah, dude is the definition of top dog. Killed all his legal siblings and took the throne, led his country to increased propserity, and has fathered only he knows how many kids once you factor in the bastards.

Where was it stated that she was his most recent wife? How long ago was that?

kurapika will die after impregnating the queen, but let be honest is already on his way to be a step daddy

Attached: 1460982627645.png (500x361, 365K)

My kind of man, WAHAHAHA!

Attached: Bobby B.gif (245x245, 415K)

It was stated back when she talked to kurapika and we understood the numbering of the queens right after the original bodyguard crew lost 4 members and Kurapika interrogated the remaining 2 non-hunters.

based viz poster

OOH MY SUPER SECRET LITTLE SISTER (male) I BESEECH YOU TO GRANT ME UNLIMITED WISHES!

Attached: alluka.jpg (313x470, 38K)

That's not how it works user, she has physical limitations.

Kurapika will die before he gets the chance to impregnate the queen, die they will and die they shall.

that's completely fucking stupid though. stop comparing the buildup and wait to see if the payoff is as good.

togashi chicken out in killing gon, he has no right to touch or kill kurapika.
oito will be impregnated, wobble will die

Attached: 9.jpg (217x451, 58K)

Pure eye candy. I think it is time to rewatch humanity's greatest achievement in cinematography.

Gon san turned Pitou into a worthless sack of shit with one kick. So he's much more powerful than Netero.

Attached: 1564865596916.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

There was no reason for Gon to die.
Kurapika throwing away his life is a big part of his character

Attached: 1009737.jpg (1028x787, 506K)

More dangerous than he imagined? How many years of his life has he taken off so far? Barely any.

With jajanken*.
His kick did pretty much nothing.

~10 years

No, just his kick. His kick crippled her to the point she was flailing around in the air without being able to do anything.

You're rewatching 1999 Yorkshin? Based.

Attached: HxH99-52.jpg (1773x1997, 2.28M)

MFW most manga will struggle to convey even a grain of the emotion and depth shown on a single picture in this panel, Togashi is a talented mastermind and Hunterchads truely are the manga connoisseurs of Yea Forums.

Attached: 1558607739439.jpg (187x187, 18K)

gon should be rotting in that hospital with no hope of recovery( he gave up everything, he dind care anymore like he said)....
kurapika also have a thief ability......OH MY RUBBER NEN is like lunch time for him on this boat

Attached: 65507428a2b1cd50f76e6e023f7a2c9f209104cd7fbeeb10f97e5829e0eb5c40.jpg (490x720, 134K)

All those shots in your pic are filler

I agree and let me become the rightful King of Kakin.

Attached: evil Tserriednich.png (396x403, 116K)

*kino

FTFY

You have to earn it Tserri-kun!

Attached: 1565652340126.jpg (737x355, 158K)

Attached: 1539814137243.png (860x968, 1011K)

manga > 2011 > 99
cel animation is fucking dogshit

Attached: 0092-002.jpg (2133x1600, 417K)

Based

Attached: CriesOfTheWorld.jpg (2214x415, 478K)

>carries the entire Benjamin squad

Attached: look at this dude.png (326x479, 228K)

I am the king, my lord. The first king, and the last.

Attached: Euron Tserriednich.jpg (602x602, 150K)

Benjamin is going to job to Halkenburg.

Reporting for duty

Attached: Furykov.png (230x282, 34K)

Sir, Predator is recharged and ready for use.

Attached: Rihan.png (207x207, 10K)

This guy is doomed. Unreined Ben was teased and for us to see it this guy gotta go.

he survive cancer, nothing can stop him now

Attached: his his hisoka.png (640x360, 275K)

>How one man singlehandedly turned HxH into a light novel.

>Programs fun and educational self improvement videogame for his son and friend to play together
>Rides cool animals around to impress his son
>Dedicated his life in to becoming a powerful hunter and strong role model so Gon would have someone to look up to

Is there a more wholesome father in anime?

Attached: ging_x_gon_by_arsaria_d74jr5e-pre.jpg (1000x800, 74K)

Based Rihan

Rihan Yea Forumspilled. Based.

Very deep down, Ging absolutely loves and cares about Gon.

For that alone should Rihan survive this arc (manga in general) and be promoted to either sergeant or captain.

Based. Shounenfags still seething

Attached: 1542991134565.png (877x1300, 201K)

Rihan is half Nip and half Kakin

Shounenshitters are seething as we speak

Attached: 1564023913903.png (1848x2524, 1.1M)

Pitou is a boy you pleb

how is Gon even still alive? How can he recover from becoming Gonsan?

This dialogue was kino.

Attached: It Wasn't Us.jpg (1900x1425, 1.24M)

Attached: read the fucking manga.png (756x527, 190K)

Ging's whole life was dedicated to leaving clues and games for Gon that would help Gon achieve his true potential and eventually surpass Ging's legacy. The world needed Gon in order to destroy the chimera ants. If it wasn't for Ging training up and inspiring Gon, the world would all be ants by now.

>The world needed Gon in order to destroy the chimera ants.
Not really no. The whole point of the ending is showing how not an issue the ants were to humanity, and how if they had washed up anywhere not there it would never have gotten to this point to begin with.

Franklin is a true chad

>Kurapika throwing away his life is a big part of his character
lol, as opposed to "i don't care anymore" ?

Attached: 1565787971188.jpg (700x766, 360K)

In short, it was all the NGL's fault.

He sacrificed all his nen which he still lost. He didn't sacrifice his life so Alluka was able to heal him.

Franklin is, surprisingly, the most level headed of the Spiders, he dealt with Yorkshin pretty well too.

And it shows

Attached: mafia massacre.jpg (1066x1600, 425K)

It's because of his earlobes probably

Attached: 1550230707982.png (220x300, 111K)

The Mafia truly cannot reason with the troupe and this conversation just illustrates it perfectly.
Itouko comes to Franklin to calmly parley an alliance and Franklin just flippantly shuts the door on it. Love the fucking menacing Aura on the second page when the dude realizes the kind of freaks he's dealing with and then just puts the cigarettes out on the steak to show that negotiations have broken down. Fuck I love this Manga

Based analysis.

Attached: balance.png (533x393, 188K)

its funny how a random mook in hxh has a higher iq than all the "geniuses" in other manga

>The whole point of the ending is showing how not an issue the ants were to humanity
Based speed reader

He is speaking the truth, oh my dumb speedreading brainlet.

Shame he'll get killed the next time we see him.

Chimera Ants were an enormous threat to Humanity, sure it took a single bomb to kill one of their leaders but that doesn't mean much by itself, it would only take a single bomb to kill Hitler or the leader of ISIS but that doesn't mean that they weren't threats. Human technology is something they probably could've learned rather easily

God damn, Morel VS Tserriednich, now that's something I really want to see.

Seriously, how do you think this whole situation would have evolved if Morel had been hired by a prince as a bodyguard ? What would he have done to ensure the security of the prince ?

Attached: 0000000 morel.jpg (225x350, 23K)

It's amazing how a villain can make an otherwise decent arc ten times better

Attached: Genthru_main.png (438x1096, 285K)

WHO /FUU/ HERE?!

Attached: 1519597273526.png (897x327, 72K)

Sorry user but you're the speedreader here.

Lots of illusion spying and smoke fuckery. Also he can always isolate the prince with Smokey jail. Morels based but unfortunately he’s not a bodyguard he’s just a man of the sea.

What I really want to see is shoot and knuckle hired as reinforcements to crack down on the impending genocide on the lower decks. Sphinx vs knuckle would be kino. Hell just watching the experienced shoot/knuckle duo beat some overpowered morena goon with their experience would be kino too. Especially when knuckle struggles with sparing or killing one of the goons with a tragic backstory

Genthru is unironically extremely underrated as a villain. He was legitimately terrifying and his ability was freaking good. The relationship he had with his two buddies was great too. And Gon VS Genthru is actually one of the best fights in the manga.

Based and nen pilled

Based and flowerpilled*

How strong is Morel, physically ? Manipulators are usually kinda weak in terms of pure strength but this guy seems to be something else. Probably the strongest manipulator with Illumi.

Based, Fugetsu is going to survive.

That's one of the main reasons why I love the Spiders, take most recently the talk Phinks and Nobunaga had with the HA guy. They stopped and listened to what he wanted to say because both parties were smart enough to realise fighting would lead to nowhere and that both sides could benefit from cooperation

Attached: file.png (316x480, 169K)

>we'll always pick the gauntlet
based spiders

Attached: chrollo cute.jpg (257x240, 40K)

The true king.

Attached: 76263798_p6.jpg (637x750, 176K)

The Hunters were pretty much handeling those ants.

How will you react if Gon and Killua are boyfriends by the time they come back into the story?

Attached: 1554750219892.jpg (370x504, 46K)

>Gon manages to sneak onto the lower levels because he wanted to explore the dark continent with ging
>manages to survive the bloodbath using his mountain boy wits alone.
>finally comes across a dying Halkenburg who was brutalized by Wobbles newly awakened primal terror of a nen beast, has some kind of kino convo with gon and recognizes Gons convictions matches his own. Shoots him with the arrow and willingly transferres his convictions to Gon through some nen Mumbo Jumbo.
>Halks transmitted conviction awakens Gons nen and gives him the power to use 100% of emission
>finds hisoka standing over chrollos decalitated corpse
>”HISOKA”
>”Ohhhhhh Gonnnnn your nen, mhmm delicious. Seems the flowers finally ripe, oh how I just want to..... pluck it”

You heard it here first.

Ants were never a threat

Attached: 0298-007.jpg (1066x1600, 365K)

Attached: 1552239071263.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

He’s certainly achieved as much mastery in enhancement as he could have. Can’t remember the chart, I think it’s 80%

Yep, I loved that fight, genthru was experienced, strong, and had an ability that was versatile, powerful, yet had logical weaknesses that Gon exploited

>Hisoka reveals that the death stunt did a number on his body and he can keep going just long enough to finish his business with Chrollo
>Hisoka missed the boat
>the boat comes back and Hisoka discovers all of the spiders and Illumi were all slaughtered
>in a fit of frustration, he decides to have his final battle with Gon
>"lol, no nen"
>Hisoka just walks into the woods, while the narrator says that nobody knows what happened to him after that

I hope Gon visits the Lurka ruins, Killua is happy with Something and then they all die in one of those black background white text pages Togashi likes to do

>jannies deleting Hunterchad posts again

Attached: 1564005084565.png (1024x772, 419K)

Franklin is based, I love how he does finally go wild when he starts blasting his bullets yet outside of combat he’s chill, level headed, and should be the leader of the spiders if chrollo falls

Reminder

Attached: 1554013410280.png (1400x569, 229K)

Attached: uZW1IV8.png (2766x1324, 216K)

Hisoka reminds me of a Dunning-Kruger when he is fighting. He only ever fought with people weaker than him, that's why he thinks that he can't lose.

Gon is not in the current arc despite being in every other arc because he would solo the Black Whale and the Dark Continent

Attached: 1538079825165.png (365x480, 146K)

Attached: 74750283_p0.png (1240x1750, 1.39M)

This is actually made by ant loving brainlet

Just finished the 2011 series.
Can I start reading the manga at the point the tv series ends? Where is that point?

Start from chapter 1. You'll get to experience real HxH and you have more than enough time before the hiatus ends to read the entire manga.

Attached: EBRAvEXWsAAfgq0.jpg (452x680, 79K)

>Dunning-Kruger
Based and psychologypilled

Attached: 750455643.jpg (297x324, 57K)

Read the manga from the beginning so you aren't a 2011fag that talks out of their ass.

i recommend start from the beginning but anime ends at chapter 339

You can pick it up at around chapter 338 to continue.

Attached: 1538585359527.png (806x816, 575K)

>Chimera Ants were an enormous threat to Humanity
They were a B-grade threat at this point only enabled to reach the numbers they had because the queen washed up on a "nature preserve" and she's a freak among her own species.

The government and hunters association were successfully containing them and killing the ones who snuck out. And other hives dropped as well. Their squad leaders were strong but still handled and their apex lost out to a simple dirty bomb.

They were never a huge threat at the end of day. The V5 could have just conducted an open bombing but that would raise more questions than they wanted to answer.

Attached: 319 chimera ants captured-killed.jpg (876x241, 86K)

Gon and Killua dating!
Killua and Alluka dating!
Gon and Nanika dating!

Based and incestpilled

Attached: 39900724.png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

Just start at Ch. 339.
The 2011 anime is a faithful adaptation.
You can go back and re-read Ch.1 later.

Re-read from the start if you're a completionist otherwise just pick it back up from Ch. 339

I don't think he's going to literally fall in love with her more than enjoy toying with her

>succession war thread
Based, what other manga is similar in tone? I want more high stakes beefy info dump stories

There is no similar manga. HxH is on a league of its own. A WORLD of its own.

I thought it was because his story was over, according to Togashi.

Can't find any, manga authors are mostly disgusting hacks who can only copy other work and rebuild it with a few different elements, you will find much more success looking for unique and interesting reads if you like books and novels, Togashi is truely a pioneer in the world of manga, and it's sad that only one Togashi exists.

Will the Black Whale safely arrive at the dark continent?

This would the third thread to reach the bump limit. Anyway what would the next thread be about I wonder.

I want to say it's impossible to predict the outcome, but in my opinion it most likely won't, there have been several foreshadowings that the black whale is going to sink, the most important one is pic related.

Attached: BW.png (1214x920, 834K)

>dying Halkenburg who was brutalized by Wobbles newly awakened primal terror of a nen beast
That can't happen, speedreader

God damn it, Yea Forums it is then

Based

Can't wait for the awesome battle between Welfin and The Guide.

Well he reached his goal but I think we'll be seeing more of Gon.

Wait, really? We really won't be seeing any more of Gon? Is he going to become a side character?

>A side character
user, he's not even a character anymore.

Attached: 1565541405928.png (644x482, 148K)

o-oh.. i had hoped for him to come back.. because when i read manga i live vicariously through the main character, so with the main character gone i don't know what to do

The truth.

>Can't wait for the awesome battle between Welfin and The Guide.
What? Who?

Attached: cold kurapika.jpg (870x740, 98K)

The new King of Kakin.

Attached: Morena.jpg (588x842, 116K)

Based and balancepilled.

Attached: Morena_balance.png (182x185, 3K)

How is every single Morena panel so fucking KINO? I need more.

Attached: 1521212770257.jpg (656x750, 291K)

She is going to get killed by Nobunaga.

Shut your whore mouth.
Nobunaga is going to get killed by Luini, while Feitan dies at the hand of the guy with the dog mask.

For one, Hunter x Hunter fans have always been a more "shitposty-er" bunch than the average fanbase, but if you want a timeline, this is my take.

The Hunterchad thing in specific started as a result of falseflaggers going around and saying that Hunter x Hunter is a "Soft Seinen" and other seinens are just "Hard Shonen". Other fanbases got baited by the falseflagging and threads were made disputing HxH's claim as a seinen, or more broadly that the series wasn't mature.

When the argument got muddied to debating whether Hunter x Hunter was mature or not is when the "Chimera Ant Arc debate" came, as actual HxH fans were defending the mature themes of the story by pointing to the Chimera Ant Arc. This is where all the copypastas initially came from, just honest fans writing well thought out responses and people copy pasting them when the same topic came up, that's why those copypastas don't have "based", "cringe", "Hunterchad", or "xFag" in them.

This is the part where it gets a little uncertain because I was mostly off Yea Forums (being a healthy individual for once) for like a week.

After a ton of arguments over the Chimera Ant Arc, the argument had escalated with other fanbases to which series was better. Maybe it was falseflagging initially, but Hunter x Hunter fans adopted the "My team is better than yours" attitude of the more discussed shonens and ran with it (largely doing it ironically from what I can tell). This got more and more exaggerated as other fanbases got more and more invested in putting these "Hunterchads" down. This culminated in more and more bait threads, more and more pastas being made, and more people becoming Hunterchads through exposure.

Personally I think its pretty entertaining, OC is consistently being made and I think it breaks up the monotony of the boards.

Attached: 11234567887.jpg (300x293, 100K)

I wonder how it feels making love to Morena. Feeling her soft light skin, the shape of her body and kissing her clean feet.

Based and Hunterchadpilled.

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

What alliance? Ittoku just wanted to know if the Troupe was responsible for the Cha-R deaths.

Attached: readthefiles.png (756x202, 217K)

Why the fuck would Welfin fight agains the Guide or any of the Magical beasts there?

>literally starts by skipping kite flashback
>faithful

Oh no! Please no!

Attached: crying wojak.png (522x747, 210K)

Part 1

Attached: chapter 341-349 cheat sheet.png (1200x827, 761K)

Most who've seen the anime already know that part & have watched Ep.1 of 99. What else besides that were skipped?

Part 2

Attached: whatever.jpg (4100x3550, 3M)

Part 3

Attached: 1562957595250.jpg (6239x4089, 3.95M)

>Most who've seen the anime already know that part & have watched Ep.1 of 99.
In Japan maybe. The average 2011 fanboy in the West is a braindead zoomer.

Part 4

Attached: 1562009389626.jpg (5466x3096, 3.21M)

Damn, how much these evolved, are you the chart-user? Please, stay alive for the return.

>Please, stay alive for the return.
Don't worry, I will.

Attached: 1466793059194.png (887x736, 197K)

You are doing God's work user

Attached: Paristonn.png (825x863, 573K)

I always tell people to watch it when I recommend. And if they don't know, just inform them.

Oops wrong pic

Attached: BW_decks_and_character_locations.png (250x156, 20K)

I know user

Attached: Yo.jpg (1055x726, 258K)

Balsamilco
Rihan
Furykov
Babimyna
Musse

zoom zoom

boom boom

Imagine the intro and outro of the Succession War anime.

Don't leave our dear Kanjidolt out!

Attached: kanjidol.jpg (416x221, 41K)

Fuck off user don't make me imagine god tier Kino shit that i'll never be able to experience, just the thought itself is making me seethe.

>ED by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Attached: 1547743113514.jpg (1280x1280, 117K)

>the hiatus still isn't over
How much more is this suffering of ours going to last, bros? Can the lazy fucker at least give us 10 chapters this year?

The latest the manga could come out while still giving us 10 chapters is Mid October. Assuming a 1 month announcement, we have 1 more month to wait before we can give up that dream.

When we got 20 chapters last year, I expected Togashi to step up the pace, but if he gives us 0 chapters this year then he's sending us a message (in a dirty, backhanded way) that he's sticking to the 10 chapters a year pace.
I don't mind waiting, but he's going to die before he finishes even the current arc, let alone the whole manga.

Togashi is only 53 years old user

His health isn't that good, unless he's trolling us all

hot

Isnt it implies that he carves up women into art as a hobby? I feel like he's going to butcher her in some horrible fashion.

No user, I'm staying.

Togashi will make me real happy if he releases 40 chapters next year but they, a Hunterbro can always dream can he?

Yes but he doesn't carve all females, as far as we know he didn't even find the females he killed in that one chapter to have interesting personalities or "cute", maybe Theta is something different, hopefully.

Attached: YOlgPIY.png (401x167, 60K)

I doubt that. If he is unable to return this year, I would say the most likely reasons are:
Legitimate health reasons.
Family issues.
He wanted to finish the Script so he could hire a bunch of assistants and finish this arc.

He losses more money than the average mangaka by not sending his manga. Giving signals is not a good reason.

I would love if he was actually writing the script all this time so that he can focus on the drawing afterwards and churn out like 30 chapters, but most likely that isn't the case. I understand that people can have health problems, but to not find time to draw 10 chapters (especially when you announced that the script for them is done) in seven months? There's a limit to credibility.

Togashi is a lazy arrogant but prideful perfectionist of a mangaka.

Attached: hahaha.png (424x260, 55K)

>What else besides that were skipped?
Lot's of the brutality of the Hunter Exam arc
Sushi making
Also the anime made Gon a stick and made him act like an utter faggot at the start

So nothing significant.

Attached: Yoshihiro Togashi.jpg (214x317, 12K)

Prostate issues, diabetes, cancer, lots of stuff could be happening and we just don't know.

And while Naoko is Japanese, most women I know would be pissed if their husband fanboyed over some idols for months and then appeared in a photo next to those idols with an erection. Not to mention Togashi manages their company and gave the idols the Sailor Moon copyrights to do a musical show where they dress as Sailor Scouts. There are like 2-3 reasons in that contract that could piss off Naoko.

>and then appeared in a photo next to those idols with an erection
What?

>he doesn't know

Imagine how fucking comfy this arc will be if animated. A nice plot on a nice cozy cruise ship. The kino; it will be too much.

Can we also expect some fillers and added material?

I have autism so I mapped out an anime with an incredibly slow pace that would have a classic cel-animated aesthetic and muted colors. The first SW ED, mostly made up of a bunch of still-frames, would use Orange Road's 2nd ED.
youtube.com/watch?v=QkW7Mnf9zXU
1-10: preamble, sometimes plays before the episode ends
11-28: Cut between Oito, Woble, her guards, end with a closeup on Kurapika in Emperor Time
29-32: Marayam, Sevanchi, Vergei, Biscuit
32-36: Momoze sitting up in her bed, Hanzo doing his sad face.
36-39: Fugetsu holding a picture, Ryoji looking concerned from the side
39-42: Kacho at her desk looking mad giving out orders, Melody in the back looking a bit hurried
42-45: The still of Halkenburg where he's crying thinking about his siblings.
45-49: Closeup up Sale smiling with his arms around some women
50-53: Luzurus and Basho passing a pipe
53-56: Tyson happy with her guards, Izunavi and Guiliano trailing behind
57-1:01: Tubeppa holding up some beakers, Maor monitoring
1:01-1:08: Fades into Tse running his hands through his hair
1:09-1:11: The screen gets covered by four right triangles with the beat. The first has a nervous Theta, the second is Tse's Guardian Spirit Beast, the third is a smiling Nasubi, the fourth is a smiling Morena
1:12-1:15: Zhang at his desk with his Guardian Spirit Beast looming behind him, Slakka, Sakata, and Hashito to his side
1:15-1:19: Camilla in a dress looking downwards, then a close-up on her face with a more menacing expression
1:20-1:35 Scrolling upwards through a screen of Ben's guard, starting with Vincent at the bottom then Babi then working up through order of the prince assigned to up to Furkyov and Balsamico at the top.
1:36: Large silhouette of Benjamin above them reaches out to cover the screen, stars on his hand.
1:37-1:40: Cuts to random dramatic stuff.
1:41-1:54: Music fades out, Black Whale chugging on loop through the ocean as the sun sets.

fucking kek!

Take your meds, schizo.

So you're the retard that bumped the other thread while it was in the 10th page.

Maybe

Needs Keeni but otherwise it's nice.

Attached: 1555259554828.png (562x394, 120K)

Probably. But it honestly wouldn't be too bad. The potential in slice of life shit in this arc is high.

I'm on chapter 347. Just what I need.

Attached: 522.jpg (377x485, 49K)

Enjoy

Whoch studio is gonna adapt the succession war arc?

Kyoani

Mother of God. Here I was seriously considering paying big bucks for a digital collection, and based vizposter just dumps it here like that. God bless you. Gonna seed it too for future VizChads.

You can still buy if you want to support. I plan on buying more of the physical volumes eventually. Only have the first 5 right now.

Holy shit, you're my kind of guy, I also imagine how some OP or ED would look like. Mad props, user, you're based.

Because the dark continent is where Gyro is gonna be, m8.

Imagine the theme music of Tse and his ability.

He is like George RR Martin and now he's so rich due to his own previous work+his wife and it's hard to bunker down at a desk drawing comics when you can just take a vacation to Hawaii instead or something.

best mangaka in the world.

>if

>And while Naoko is Japanese, most women I know would be pissed if their husband fanboyed over some idols for months and then appeared in a photo next to those idols with an erection.

POST THE PHOTO

Does Netero knows? Does he cares?

To date Benjamin has 4 stars on his hand, we know this to be Shikaku, Musse, and Vincent. However he has 1 extra star for an unknown soldier who was probably the first to die in order to test Benjamin's ability.

In addition to the remaining guards I wonder how many of Benjamin's boys will get to show off their stuff, how many abilities he'll have to demonstrate, and the likelyhood of Togashi pulling another Kite and not showing us all of them at all.

Attached: Weekly Shonen Jump - Feb 12, 2018 - Page 044.png (1315x1920, 1.07M)

You know, when I come into a Hunter x Hunter thread there's a lot that crosses my mind. The legacy of the greatest shounen ever written. I mean consider that for a minute. This amazingly well written and extremely complex piece of literature has been going on for several decades now and is still going. Not only that but it is still popular, still gaining new fans and keeping old ones happily around.

Hunter x Hunter is not just a manga, its not just genre deconstructing, its not just one of the greatest stories ever told. It is proof that man can achieve greatness in all its meanings. The story we have been discussing, months on end, years on end, it is evidence of a true understanding of nuanced and complex themes. A culture within itself.

So when I come into a Hunter x Hunter thread I feel like im not only here with my fellow Hunterchads. I am here with everyone else, experiencing the magic that is HxH. Even the poor and misguided who either havnt read it or consider it sub-par are here with us. Giving attention and time to a story that is older then most of us here today.

I see great discussion day after day. New points being brought up and old ones being held high for the board to see. It was through years of dedicated posting that these threads have gotten to this point. Intense and amazing discussion backed by some of the most quality memes found on the internet. And its all thanks to the Hunterchads who have kept it all going.

So when I go into a Hunter x Hunter thread a few things cross my mind, but the one thing that always reigns true is how great it is to be a Hunterchad, to be apart of a legacy decades old that continues to hold its own with strength, intelligence and grace. That's what it means to be a Hunterchad.

Attached: 1530955618693.jpg (125x70, 2K)

>has the potential
If it ever continues for real.
Dude's spent years not releasing a single chapter.

Benjamin's men are dropping like flies, he will be the last one standing and become a one man army.

Based to the DC

Attached: 1536898429453.png (1234x1070, 250K)

based af

Attached: based.jpg (400x533, 78K)

>hairy
>paper hair
2/10 cosplay

Attached: cae1e87fdebf94bc2ec4511148f787ba.jpg (736x736, 45K)

>no abs
>paper hair
3/10

Tsubone's transformation is truly the pinnacle of shonen writing and is something that only Hunterchads can appreciate. It has its roots in early 1900s literature with the works of Franz Kafka. Kafka made his name by writing literature that begged the question of identity and asking the question, "what makes you-you?" or "How much would you have to change before you stopped being you?" These themes are particularly palpable in works like "The Metamorphosis".

Togashi admired Kafka's writing so he implemented the gilf-cycle. You see Tsubone has given her entire life to protecting the Zoldycks and ensuring their well being. This goal has consumed her identity and she is nothing more than a tool, or a vehicle if you will, for the Zoldycks to push the success of their offspring. Togashi then brings the Kafkaesque elements in by literally making Tsubone into a motorcycle, thus literally and figuratively making her a tool for the Zoldyck family. The idea is that someone who has been completely disembodied from their true physical form still has a sense of self, a kernal of Tsubone's soul that is unwavering. The profound meaning of her character is completely lost on your MHAfag or your Wan Pisser because they don't read anything but MHA or Wan Piss. In contrast, a Hunterchad reads everything he can, it is what makes him a Hunterchad, he has read it all, seen it all, and simply no shonen compares to Hunter x Hunter because its isn't just a shonen, its literature itself. I, for one, can't wait for the lovecraftian elements Togashi is waiting to introduce in Dark Continent.

Attached: 1366824901.jpg (213x237, 7K)

I've watched Hunter x Hunter 2011 and I'm now curious about the manga. I want to read it but
1.I prefer to watch anime than read manga
2.I want to avoid Hiatus x Hiatus

What should I do? Wait or read?

Also how much material is there after the endpoint of the 2011 Anime?

Don't wait for a S2, 0.001% chance of that happening.
Just read the chapters after the anime starting at Ch.339 so you can get answers to a lot of stuff unresolved in the anime like regarding Phantom Troupe, Kurapika, Nanika's powers, etc.

>What should I do? Wait or read?
There's zero chance of anime returning.
>Also how much material is there after the endpoint of the 2011 Anime?
51 chapter

>all that buildup conflict and building
>it sinks they all die for nothing
nah

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_nori_tamago__sample-cae8f900e52dede1319f9d9c561e1805.jpg (850x1028, 100K)

Start reading at Chapter 338

Why is the anime doomed?

Most anime are funded by publishers to increase manga sales. HxH is already selling 1M per volume so there is no reason for more. Plus the constant hiatus.

But really though, it's been over 6 months, I was hopul that was gonna be the schedule from now on, but now I'm getting worried.

Just read other manga. The hiatus has never bothered me.

how does it sell so much even tho it never comes out?

You haven't seen Alien? The fuck? how is that possible?

It's so hard hunterbros..

make a new chapter you rat fuck

So what's going to happen in the time between the end of the succession war and docking at the fake continent?

I meant new volume released sell 1M despite the long breaks.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume-2018/.140164

Kekked

That would be actual kino if Hunting for Your Dream came back

>appeared in a photo next to those idols with an erection
Lol what?

The stars are already there. They have aura once active.

Attached: 07.jpg (784x1145, 243K)

He's baiting, that is completely false info

why is the pic so small?

If the boat doesn't sink then most likely the king's crowning and the end of Kurapika's arc and the reintroduction of Beyond's faction including Ging and Pariston.

I'm glad someone else noticed. This was such great characterization

How many more plotlines do you think Togashi can add?

Baaased

The more he adds the better since it will only serve to make this chart even bigger and more complicated which will ultimately lead to more Yea Forumsutists getting butthurt and seething/falseflagging our threads or about HxH in general, since they absolutely despise the FACT that HxH is a complicated manga.

Attached: 1565975638270.jpg (360x437, 23K)

Not this guy but to add to it. It all started when some Yea Forumsnons were sharing viz scans of chimera ant in the threads during hiatus. People started liking the manga more which led to intense retalliation against haters which then led to shitposting.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter if we're the most hated fanbase on Yea Forums because of the sins of falseflaggers and shitposters, outside of Yea Forums HxH remains the undisputed king of Shounen and one of the best written manga in general, no amount of seethe from anons on this website will change or even impact the popularity and respect HxH has achieved.

Attached: DDJ99C9UwAAnWpm.jpg (1048x1106, 121K)

desu this is kino, god bless you

David Productions

I don't get it, even though hunterchads are the most annoying (and arguably most entertaining) fanbase on Yea Forums, you can still enter a HxH thread and have meaningful discussions about the series.

Even SnK which is another good Shounen for intellectuals has a cancerous fanbase full of shipfags who derail every thread, can't even have a good conversation on their threads anymore..

Attached: 1560042439882.png (1255x1047, 998K)

Sale-Sale died, whole manga is pure motherfucking shit.

Based

Attached: BasedSaleSale.png (726x493, 178K)

I still regret starting HxH with the anime, Togashi makes sure his paneling itself is also as fun as the story and the drawing themselves.

Watching the adaptation of any manga is a fuckign mistake.

I don't regret it, like Togashi said the anime and manga should be treated as different and separate works of art.

Why are they so well liked?

Attached: Hunter X Hunter V36 #215 (2019) - Page 136.png (2755x966, 1.36M)

they pander to edgelords, so perfect for shonenfags
real hunterchads don't like them as much as the zodiacs or any other minor group in the series

I still don't get why hasn't curb stomped machi to dead yet.

Exactly, most of the spiders are okay but a lot of other groups are just as interesting, I don't see why the spider itself outside Yorknew is even special anymore.

Oh pls. Retards like you always like to be extreme. Either it's 100% shit or 100% good, and nothing in the middle.

I was rereading the manga last month & noticed how much more impactful many scenes were in the anime. Even minor scenes like Illumi's 1-page reaction to Alluka's power felt underwhelming compared to the anime. youtube.com/watch?v=pIxLmpvL7RY

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v32-061.jpg (2037x3056, 2.26M)

>Kurapika is a better MC than Go-

Attached: index.jpg (244x207, 10K)

This doesn't leave room for the Kino foreshadowing of things that haven't been revealed yet. Ex:
>Netero with his nen in the background
>Gon transforming
>A shot of Gotoh followed by a shot of Hisoka menacingly staring towards where he was
>Gon and Killua walking in opposite directions
>Genthru's nen
>Uvogin's death

>Genthru's nen
Not him but explain this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=fSiG03boApE
At time stamp 0:48 there is an explosion an Genthru can be seen flying towards the camera.
Also, GI is the best intro in the 2011 version

I don't really get it but yeah the GI intro was objectively the best

Gon > Kurapika

Attached: 155006453.jpg (1111x1442, 793K)

K... Kimi no na wa?

>Togashi makes sure his paneling itself is also as fun as the story and the drawing themselves
so fun that other mangaka parody him constantly

Attached: DxNVixXQAA6mQw.jpg (825x1199, 260K)

>zodiacs
>minor group

Pick one.

You know that they will be the protagonists of the DC arc right ?

A singular page isn't proof of anything, a lot of SW chapters are info heavy and therefore he needed to condense text into those chapters, his panelling is still some of the best in the world of manga wether you like it or not, cherrypicking a single page out of 8000 is borderline retarded.

Attached: 1564706802386.gif (370x278, 883K)

>gif
So THAT's why people like 99...

Yes Kurapika is the only reason why I like 99

Attached: Kurapika99.gif (400x286, 1.32M)

Based.

Attached: Riddle.jpg (1066x1600, 219K)

What about the outro?

That is the outro.

Why the fuck are there so many threads lately
Have I missed a new chapter or something?

The inro then?

You mean falsefalg / bait threads?

Yeah, there's like four up right now and there have been the past week or so
What the fuck is up?

To fully appreciate the subtle thematics inherent in the chimera ant arc, it is important to have at least a passing familiarity with the works of Hegel.

For example, Hegel intends to defend the germ of truth in Kantian dualism against reductive or eliminative programs like those of materialism and empiricism. Like Plato, with his dualism of soul versus bodily appetites, Kant pursues the mind's ability to question its felt inclinations or appetites and to come up with a standard of "duty" (or, in Plato's case, "good") which transcends bodily restrictiveness. Hegel preserves this essential Platonic and Kantian concern in the form of infinity going beyond the finite (a process that Hegel in fact relates to "freedom" and the "ought"), the universal going beyond the particular (in the Concept) and Spirit going beyond Nature. Hegel renders these dualities intelligible by (ultimately) his argument in the "Quality" chapter of the "Science of Logic". The finite has to become infinite in order to achieve reality. The idea of the absolute excludes multiplicity so the subjective and objective must achieve synthesis to become whole. This is because as Hegel suggests by his introduction of the concept of "reality", what determines itself—rather than depending on its relations to other things for its essential character—is more fully "real" (following the Latin etymology of "real", more "thing-like") than what does not. Finite things do not determine themselves because as "finite" things their essential character is determined by their boundaries over against other finite things, so in order to become "real" they must go beyond their finitude (finitude is only as a transcending of itself).

Attached: 1496608479045.gif (500x295, 308K)

IMO the resurge happened due to the english dub of the HxH anime ending on TV a good while ago. It seems that it sorta reignited the HxH discussion.

I still wonder if we're gonna get even one chapter from Togashi this year... He's on track to becoming GRRM 2.0 at this rate.

>IMO the resurge happened due to the english dub of the HxH anime ending on TV a good while ago.
Oh fuck. Alright, yeah that would explain all the shitposting.
>He's on track to becoming GRRM 2.0 at this rate.
user, please stop I hate this meme.

Holy fucking BASED...

Attached: Art x Art.jpg (1367x1605, 789K)

>finished the 2011 anime 5 years ago
>have all viz volumes downloaded on my pc, ready to feast them

yeah, i'm thinking kino is back on the menu ( for me at least)

Attached: 1564302072003.png (223x266, 61K)

>Pitou confirmed female
Woah...

the 3 HxH threads who reached the bump limits weren't falseflags/bait threads. Have a little hope and be a little enthusiastic for a change.

Not him but you are really really dim if you can't recognize such obvious bait

But most hxh threads were always shitposting and bait thread before and after the dub. Also hunterfandom are the most hated and despised fandom of Yea Forums of course people are going to lurk in into your threads and ruin it to the grounds.

what's your favorite chapter lads? mine is pic related, the feels are just too strong

Attached: feels.jpg (1067x4669, 1.13M)

I'm not talking about the other hxh threads but the 3 who reached the bump limit. Sure there were some shitposting and falseflagging in it but despite all that they ended good. Only you're too stupid and blind to see it.

Our threads seem to be doing just fine, it seems the ferocious intellectual acumen inherent to the hunterchad is enough to see off the depredations of lesser Yea Forumsnons.

Attached: 1465476086176.png (569x948, 170K)

Based and Hegelpilled

Attached: 1565447892187.jpg (640x622, 59K)

Exactly, tell that to this pessimist.

Attached: hisoka.gif (400x400, 389K)

he cute

Attached: 1437719721463.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Naoko is a lucky woman

Attached: 6216415614564.jpg (960x540, 24K)

Step aside, the real Gon-sama is coming through.

Attached: Gonchad x Pitou.jpg (1728x3072, 306K)

>That bulge in his pants
Yup, that's a chad alright.

291, Soliloquy

Attached: HxHChapter291.jpg (799x6007, 1.96M)

Which is why the most real aspect of your existence is your soul, which is infinite, while your finite body is temporary and thus not as real as your eternal soul.

respectable choice, user. it was probably one of the best encounters in manga history

For me, it's when concept of battle shonen reached it's peak. It cannot be surpassed. Perfection.

Attached: 0292-004.jpg (2133x1600, 991K)

no phantom troupe?

Netero's ability "100-type guanyin bodhisattva" requires familiarity with Eastern spiritual traditions to fully appreciate.

The Guanyin is a Chinese deity of the Bodhissattva named Avalokiteśvara, who is believed to embody the compassion of all the Buddhas.

Boddhisattva refers to the spontaneous compassionate wish to become enlightened not for one's own benefit, but for the benefit of all sentient beings. It is believed that an enlightened being, at their time of death, can choose whether to dissolve into the infinite universal soul, or to be reborn again as a human in order to help the rest of humanity achieve enlightenment. Why would anyone do this? The realization that all are One leads to the conclusion: "I am not free until we are all free." The lotus is ripe only when all of its petals have opened. The enlightened sees it as their duty to serve all of humanity until all of humanity is enlightened, no matter how many lifetimes this takes. This is the Boddhisattva vow: To return to Earth in service to the evolution of humanity's consciousness, for as many lifetimes as necessary.

Netero's ability is not simply a punching statue; it is an ability that can only be developed through the compassionate desire to enlighten his opponent through installing gratitude through grace. It could only be developed through fighting as he did in the dojo: waiting for his opponent to attack, gently deflecting their attack and forcing his opponent to concede.
Upon facing Meruem, Netero realized that this ability had a flaw: It was never meant for destruction. It was never intended for violence, because it was never a violent intention in its development.
You could argue that it was wrong of Netero to choose to destroy Meruem, when Meruem sat down and wanted to converse with Netero. This brings up one of the big ethical dilemmas for Buddhists and other pacifists: When is it okay to use violence to destroy a sentient entity? When is violence superior to compassion?

Best cosplay so far.

Oh shit

goose bumps while reading this

Based

Attached: MuruemGuanyin.jpg (1196x476, 558K)

Thank you for the insight hunterchads, it seems like I have some studying to do before I'm ready to fully take in this work of kino.

Attached: 1565914082495.gif (500x375, 761K)

>It is believed that an enlightened being, at their time of death, can choose whether to dissolve into the infinite universal soul, or to be reborn again as a human in order to help the rest of humanity achieve enlightenment.

Meruem. Light that illuminates all.

Attached: MeruemReborn.jpg (960x536, 78K)

>Nothing Happens: The Arc
no thanks

Netero solved this dilemma for himself by defining Meruem as a chimera ant; a non-sentient being destined to destroy humanity, and therefore a threat that must be eliminated to ensure the continued evolution of consciousness. The scene of Meruem and Pitou protecting and healing Komugi greatly startled Netero and Zeno. Why? Because if the chimera ants were sentient beings capable of compassion, then that would mean that their consciousness is on pair with humanity's, and it would be in Netero's conviction to help the King gain enlightenment.

Therefore Netero's fight against Meruem is not only the most intense and high-staked battle in terms of loss of life; it also is a battle that decides the evolution of consciousness for the future. Netero had never predicted that the King would offer a conversation over violence. Netero's resolve was to eliminate the King. Now Netero has to choose: To eliminate the King, or to serve the King's evolution.

Why did Netero insist on destroying the King, after witnessing the King's capacity for compassion? There are multiple possible answers.
1) Netero realized upon fighting Meruem that the power of compassion was perhaps never the power he truly sought after all. Perhaps Netero was indead a freak who just wanted to become strong for the sake of his own self-realization ("self" here meaning his ego, as opposed to realizing the nature of the universal Self). There are elements showing Netero making the battle personal, like "Don't talk down to us humans, ant."
2) Sticking to the plan in the face of chaos. Netero had never imagined the King wanting to parley, and resorting to violence was Netero's only plan. Sticking to the plan may have seemed a safer decision than trying to parley an agreement that would mean compromising humanity to a secluded preserve. The sense of a time limit hanging on Netero's shoulders to resolve this as quickly as possible may have urged him to ignore attempts at negotion.

ToGODashi

Attached: 1556924070315.jpg (1898x1038, 479K)

>Nothing happens
Filtered another brainlet, Togashi just can't stop winning.

How can other manga even compete ? I'm at a loss for words user, i shall burn my BnHA collection and order the full HxH volumes today.

Studying the Eastern belief systems conceptually can only take you so far. To truly comprehend Netero's dilemma, you must develop compassion to the highest level, which can only be done through the spontaneous realization that all are One. When you are One with your enemies, compassion replaces violence. However, acts of destruction can still occur. Non-violence does not mean passivity. There are cases where you love someone so much that you refuse to let them live in suffering, and you seek out to destroy their ignorance. This is not violence, which grows out of the judgement that someone is unworthy of a good life, but the opposite; the realization that someone deserves better than living in their ignorance. Then you may decide to destroy their ignorance through words or actions. However, this is done gracefully and without judgement of their character.
Netero judged Meruem's character, and his actions were arguably violent. You could even argue that although Netero was considered the strongest Hunter, his ability was never the strongest at destruction. With all respect to Netero, he was the wrong man for the job. This was an assassination objective. Zeno and Silva were professionall murderers; Netero wasn't. Though I'm not saying he made the wrong choice: Meruem would mop the floor with the Zoldycks, and only Netero would volunteer to sacrifice himself with the Rose.

>tfw you'll never read hxh for the first time ever again

BASED

Do you think Togashi was thinking about all of this while coming up with the Netero vs Meruem conflict ? or was it a much simpler interpretation by him, only using the basics as a foundation.

I would choose number 2.

Of course. The symbolism and thematic development are fully realized throughout the entire arc.

Attached: Coronation of the Virgin - HxH.jpg (1693x1105, 658K)

He truly is a God amongst men.

A lazy prideful but perfectionist God that is.

Why do you think it takes him one year to produce 10 chapters? Why do you think his bach is aching so much? While he is not writing, he is sitting cross-legged ontop of a mountain meditating on the nature of reality itself. Try sitting with a straight back for more than 30 minutes and let me know when your back starts hurting. He is doing this as a sacrifice for us, to bring us enlightenment in the medium that he excels at; through a manga, a shounen manga at that, reaching out to millions of ordinary people. He will return to us only when he has achieved the level of consciousness to bring the Succession War arc to an illuminating end, and to do that he must explore fully the human nature of all the characters in the arc; their motives and how they interact. It is an infathomable task that us mere mortals in the relative dimension can barely follow with our feeble intelligence.

I can't help but feel like he's been dealing with some Writer's block lately, it's like he can't decide what the best course of action would be, since the SW is so complicated that there are an infinite amount of ways he could go about closing it, Togashi is really not taking any chances, he wants to deliver only the finest and most refined storyline.

When this thread is over, can we discuss the Hunter Exam or the Yorknew City arc in the next thread? There is the following I want to point and talk about.

Thanks in advance, Hunterbros.

OP here, can I request that : this based user make the next thread once this one expires ?
He can choose the topic and the opening monologue, I truely appreciate what you high IQ hunterchads have accomplished in this thread, I cannot spot any falseflag or shitpost, cheers.

Attached: D3Ats2gX0AAAXJr.jpg (1213x772, 227K)

I think someone from Beyond's faction will appear and play a role in the Succession War arc.

Request accepted OP.
But can there be atleast a Yorknew City thread?

based

Yes, you choose the thread.

Finally YC thread

What specifically about the hunter exam or yorkney city do you want to address?

I look forward to the fruitful discussion that will inevitably occur.

Attached: 1498414015355.png (250x295, 19K)

>Even SnK which is another good Shounen for intellectuals
ugh, don't post a picture of ging next time you're about to say embarrassing shit like this, please

Attached: nxf3x2dz2b701.jpg (600x434, 79K)

Don't be close minded user, SnK has some excellent characters and is Kino at times.

hiatus

no, please. don't associate me with you when you're discussing attack on titans. I'm sure you don't need to mention that you enjoy hunter x hunter to do that, right?
and I'm not close minded, I'm constantly reading manga, it's my most prevalent hobby during my free time. I've tried snk twice. it's just plain badin many ways, clear as day

Hunter

>Even SnK which is another good Shounen for intellectuals
I really like SnK, but come on

How far did you get into SnK ? because as it stand the manga is 2 parts, before the basement reveal and after. Before that it's bland and average I agree, afterwards every plot line is clear, the author ties everything together perfectly and the show goes from a 7 to a 9.

Hisoka Morrow

>m constantly reading manga, it's my most prevalent hobby during my free time
So..how have you been coping with the realisation that nothing will ever come close to the genius of HxH, user?

Attached: 1564575250750.jpg (1000x942, 207K)

>tfw your little brother is gay

Attached: D63335BA-F483-4728-BBE0-7C18827B48F8.jpg (564x559, 47K)

people always say this. no thanks, if I read some fifty to sixty chapters of something and it's complete unadulterated crap I seriously doubt that the author will suddenly become a wise person with enhanced cultural luggage and intellect and make it worthwhile and different from thereon. I see the art of the newer chapters everyday in here and it's so crappy and devoid of feeling. It's like bootleg of something that I can't quite grasp. I'll pass on hard in this series in this lifetime, but you have fun reading it since you say you enjoy it

just try to enjoy the journey while I can welcoming all these new characters and situations from a variety of worlds that in some way or another enrich and widen the mystical realm of fiction in mind, all the while letting out a lament that the best has already happened but feeling glad for it nonetheless

Attached: n237dpV17y1snrimko1_540.png (540x785, 532K)

That's fair, if I was you tho I would refrain from posting heavy comments about a manga that I skipped, most of the fanbase here on Yea Forums would agree that early SnK is not what the show is about, it's merely a slow buildup comparable to that of the early CA arc vs the palace invasion.

No chapters this year huh? Damn it Togashi

Manga & Anime

don't worry, there isn't the slightest possibility that I would spend time talking about thing I don't like
unless of course people come to a completely unrelated thread not just to talk about it but mislead others by comparing it to a genuinely good manga. Yea Forums might share the same fanbases between good and shit series but as long as I only have to witness this tragedy here it's not a big problem

not that user, but why do you like hxh so much more than snk?

What?

Hunterfags please recommend me a manga for intellectuals like hunter x hunter

I don't have as much experience as other anons but try Vagabond, it's based on a popular Japanese novel so the writing is already good and the mangaka is a really good artists, best of both worlds.

Hi no Tori, Buddha, Akira, Level-E, Paranoia Star

Attached: Wang1.jpg (257x334, 61K)

Chad tastes, absolutely based.

Attached: 1565909881512.jpg (330x400, 119K)

FKMT's works are good. The best entry point is the Kaiji anime (since the translations for Part 1 are all ass), and then to move on to Akagi, Ten, Kurosawa and Buraiden Gai down the line.

My only complaint about the succession war is that there's so many fucking people in jumpsuits or tuxedos. I'd like more variety in costume design. But I do see why that would be kinda impossible to pull off, with the tons of characters in play.

Shut up user.

Wait, for real? Nothing this fall either?

I kinda agree and don't listen to , but there's a lot of characters so at one point you just give up at remembering every single one of them and just use this as a reference .

I thought this arc functioning as a filter was just a meme? Apparently, it worked out.

T-Togashi wouldn't leave us a whole year without HxH, right? RIGHT?

Had Pokkle survived the Chimera ants, would he be hired by Kurapika as a bodyguard?

The Succession War is my favorite arc but I'm not going to bother that I remember every single guard for every single queen and for every single prince and every single one of Morena's followers and every single person involved with every single Kakin mafia, I remember most of them and all of the important ones, but not 100% of every face Togashi has introduced in this arc.

Do you think we were joking when we said that the series turned into a thinking man's shonen?
Clearly, you're looking for some type of battle shonen manga and so I will tell you right off the bat that you're here at the wrong adress user. It's safe to say now, that HxH has transcended its own subgenre thus becoming some type of strategy RPG.
You either go with the flow, or you should honestly consider getting out of the boat, as we're digging deeper and deeper into the matter of Togashi's magnum opus.

After everything ends well and the 4 main friends are togther, will they visit Hanzo's country and going on a tour?

Attached: Holiday.jpg (900x474, 128K)

I never did user, I consider the Succession War to be Togashi's most complex and interesting work so far, right behind the CA arc, my point was that Togashi has introduced hundreds and hundreds of minor characters, so I just can't remember all their roles / exactly which faction they belong to.

Did Hanzo managed to find the Hermit's Scroll?

At least all of the new characters have distinctive names and faces. I read World Trigger last year when it was in hiatus because people kept telling me that it has a good power system. And it does but fuck me if I could name 5 characters from the top of my head right now.

if Togashi's work is so intellectual why didn't he add a trap to the story?

That's it! Hanzo is going to fight Nobunaga on
Kurapika's behalf.

What do you think? [spoiler never ever [/spoiler]

Attached: 1563305977999.jpg (1297x615, 200K)

ctrl+s

>Alluka
>Kalluto
>Kurapika
what were you saying ?

>Cloud Hidden Vilage Jonin
Kishimoto i..

You know for a fact Kishimoto reading that chapter like
>Holy shit, you can make a garbage shounen out of this

>Kalluto is a boy
nevermind then. Truly the thinking man's series.

The difference is Kalluto is a boy who identifies as a boy, while Alluka is a boy who identifies as a girl.

Homo x Homo

why does one piece has 5 times more chaper than hunter x hunter?
is it because oda is better and dutiful mangaka who cares about his work than back pain lazy hack togashi?

Well, you can allow youself to make new chapter every week easily when you work on garbage for low iq children, while HxH is actually an intellectual piece of work. Quality takes time

Attached: 0287-012.jpg (2133x1600, 661K)

Attached: royalol.png (400x259, 123K)

BASED

Are we posting mangakino?

Love this page. Togashi’s fine hatching work makes an otherwise mundane tree full of zest. GI has so many underrated pages, maybe I'll dump a few in the next thread.

Attached: Togashi hatching.jpg (1066x860, 279K)

You gotta make peace with the fact that Togashi is a lazy faggot that only wants to work on HxH once a year

It's true that he's one of the best hatchers out there, but you also can't underestimate his sense of composition

Attached: 0302-002.png.jpg (2133x1600, 729K)

it looks so good bros

This page is phenomenal because it utilizes a creative way to show the mafia boss is dead. You see the fly going over his eye before Illumi’s pins, then finally Illumi in the background, signaling the reader the threat that is slumbering in the dark

Attached: 0100-005.jpg (1066x1600, 247K)

Pic related stood out while I was rereading Yorknew. This page's layout is minimalistic, but there’s a lot of character detail on Killua and Nobunaga that give this panel weight. Also,it’s not very often Togashi chooses to use a screen tone, and he’s applied his very uniquely, using it to communicate movement.

Attached: Screentone movement.jpg (1066x1600, 221K)

Do you think it's lazy to use screen tone for shading etc? Togashi very rarely does that, just wondering what your opinion is on that

From last year's interview:
"Still, that aside, I need to finish writing Hunter X Hunter. It has come to a point where either the story concludes first, or I die before that happens (lol). But I do intend to finish it. Although you can say that at one point in the story -- where Gon meets Ging -- I have completed the story once. I believe that some readers must have thought 'Wasn't that supposed to be the endgame?' and I did write it to seem that way. Still, I did not intend to cut off the flow of the story there, and I hope my readers could see that there was still room for continuation. As a reader of Jump myself, I also remember having thought 'Shouldn't this manga have just ended here?' and feeling pissed when it went on and on. I want to always be in touch with that feeling as a reader. But Hunter X Hunter as it is now has a lot in it that makes me want to keep on reading, even from my own perspective as a reader. And from my perspective as a writer, there are still many things in it left that I want to write, that I would enjoy writing. And so if anyone would be willing to enjoy this ride with me, that is all I can hope for."

Attached: yoshihiro-togashi.png (578x414, 414K)

>A popular example is Shingeki no Kyojin, where almost every page is filled with gray and it looks unsightly due to the lack of contrast
kek, unironically the reason why I couldn't continue reading the manga

We still have some arcs to go:

Dark Continent
Gyro
Homunculus
Prison
Robot Revolution

Yeah, I think many amateur mangaka tend to abuse screentone as a shortcut to the point where it's overbearing. A popular example is Shingeki no Kyojin, where almost every page is filled with gray and it looks unsightly due to the lack of contrast. Togashi understands this and even specifically mentioned in a 2016 interview that he tries not to use it except when appropriate.

Here's another great example of Togashi's rare but effective use of it. He uses the screentone for communicating light from the explosion against the blackness of night

Attached: Rose.jpg (1066x1600, 472K)

>Homunculus
>Prison
>Robot Revolution
???, were these mentioned in a guidebook or something?

what are the best translation for these chapters? I feel like i can barely understand half of what is written on some of these.

Imagine Hunter x Hunter taking place in space or one of the many planets.

It's seriously so bad. Someone needs to teach Isayama about black-and-white contrast.

Viz. They're all on nyaa.

Yes and somewhere in Togashi’s mind.

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v23-081.jpg (2037x3056, 974K)

Shit, thread is nearly the bump limit. Will anyone make the next YC thread or should I do it?

The perspective and detailing on Killua makes it feel like hes truly moving, and his arm's placement between their heads and bodies looks phenomenal. Good choice.

Do it

based art user

Another great HxH thread done in which I learned a lot. Thanks Hunterchads.

Attached: ba39c285010c13e9077c5b65c26b10f3.jpg (600x338, 41K)

Attached: 1563724159050.png (760x908, 454K)

Indeed. Cheers to this thread.

Attached: chrollocheers.jpg (540x485, 47K)

Make the new thread OP.

im busy

Another user said he would do it so I'll leave it up to him.

Attached: 1565281839302.png (1048x449, 158K)

Haven't seen such a good and pure Hunter x Hunter thread since the last chapters were out. Good job boys. Looking forward to the next thread.

Does anyone has a good Yorknew City image/art I can use for thread or should I just post the Spiders?

I'm glad we're regularly making these separate threads for discussion instead of discussing exclusively on the bait threads.

Spiders

Attached: 1520612290045.jpg (1440x900, 276K)

Is this one okay?

Attached: The Phantom Troupe.jpg (948x1259, 453K)

Yes. Don't forget to put Hunter x Hunter in the title so hunterchads can find it.

Does it have to be from the manga? If not this, there's a nice spread from one of the recent chapters let me look it up

Attached: troupe.jpg (2047x731, 490K)

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v10-162.jpg (4074x3056, 1.86M)

Furthermore, I would like to throw in a comparison.

Notice how the 100-type guanyin bodhisattva fights with flat palms as opposed to punching with closed fists.

In the Naruto universe, we see the Hyuga clan fighting with flat palms. Their tactics rely on hitting the opponent's chakra nodes, shutting down their abilities without causing heavy damage (although it can be used to damage internal organs also, being potentially lethal). A less violent version of martial arts, their fighting technique is aptly called "the gentle fist".

The "gentle fist" of the Guanyin Bodhisattva illustrates the gracious intention behind Netero's martial arts; not to destroy, but to meeken and humiliate the opponent.

This one will do.

Mm?

Attached: 1550230707982.png (397x600, 530K)

It's up to you user, this one is also good and more recent

Attached: Weekly Shonen Jump - Mar 12, 2018 - Page 198-199.jpg (2630x1920, 1.36M)

I do agree with this somewhat
I hope that in the anime they at least change the tuxedo designs a bit depending on each Prince. Benji's and Camilla's men already have unique designs. Zhang's could have gold ornaments to show how he likes lavish stuff. Tserriednich's could wear blood-red ties because red means spooky. Tsubeppa's men could wear white tuxedos to have a labcoat look. Luzurus' could wear no ties to show he is relaxed. Etc.

See you in next one, grateful Netero-user.