Name a better anime rivalry

Name a better anime rivalry.

I’ll wait.

Attached: izuku_midoriya_vs_katsuki_bakugo_manga_118_by_roguefull_dbodo0j-pre.jpg (973x822, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETZdbkwWjsg
youtube.com/watch?v=a5h5GsOUALY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP and good threads

so cute

Attached: 1535526418615.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

Iori and Kyo

your mom and your dad

Naruto and Sasuke
Asta and Yuno
Light and L
Goku and Vegeta
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru
Ichigo and Grimmjow
Negi and Tertium

And that's just in the top of my head. Bakugo and Deku's "rivalry" is retarded and one of the worst I've ever seen in fiction.

It's less a rivalry and more unrequited love

fpbp

Its really bad, because for some reason I find myself wanting neither side to win

The relationship has barely developed at all, even tho I feel like it should be way past the point they are at

This one deserves the Kuso Thread Award.

>Naruto and Sasuke
Shit tier. Was good at first but Sasuke lost any and all characterization and consistency halfway through. Hell of a way to end it though.
>Asta and Yuno
Actually great - if nothing else then for making them actual bros and approaching rivalries in a completely distinct way. Yuno is still a non-character.
>Goku and Vegeta
Somehow both fantastic and shit. There are great moments but in general Dragonball treats its characters like ass.

I either don't know enough or straight up haven't even watched/read the others but I kind of doubt they're all strictly better. Some of them probably are but knowing the sources on others I'm confident some aren't.

>Bakugo and Deku's "rivalry" is retarded and one of the worst I've ever seen in fiction.
I legitimately do not understand this meme. Do you honestly not understand it? Is it just raw contrarianism?

That's not an anime rivalry though.

My waifu and my dick

Ash and Gary?

>Yea Forums - anime and manga
this board is a anime/manga

I didn't know tons of homoerotic tension counted as a rivalry

My dick and his waifu

I really can't. OP is based for once.

Attached: Omedeto.gif (327x251, 1.64M)

but homoerotic tension is the basis of rivalry

kek

Attached: 24.png (300x100, 45K)

literally any single one

>I legitimately do not understand this meme. Do you honestly not understand it
thanks for proving the only ones enjoying this shithouse rivalry are "u just dont understand" tumblrina mongoloids

Attached: Duel.gif (500x281, 499K)

Me and OP

Literally any rivalry is better than this shitfest.

Attached: IMG_1342.jpg (320x240, 20K)

Attached: 6d7159c5411adb15155b94d974c9a070.jpg (540x632, 67K)

Based and iqpilled

ANY of them really. I say that as a BNHAfag, the 'rivalry' is easily the worst part. Bakugo is just intensely dislikable and Deku falling all over himself to compliment him is just gross

its like a really creepy and dysfunctional gay relationship
and the whole rivalry thing feels forced anyway. At some point or another both characters are going to have to face the fact that OfA is way too powerful for there to be a true rivalry between them.... but they wont. Somehow they'll always be magically not much better than each other

Attached: 53736481_649530325503767_6354211034988926980_n.jpg (736x485, 53K)

see? as I said they're just a really awful gay relationship

Kamille Bidan and his fierce lifelong rival, his true nemesis, Jerid Messa.

Jealousy, resentment, betrayal, tension, fist fights, NTR, lingering homolust, emotional moments.

This one has it all.

Attached: digimon-adventure-microfiber-mini-towel-taichi-yamato-432929.2.jpg (498x498, 81K)

I agree. Deku and Bakugou's rivalry is the most blatant fujobait ever.
Even the Shoto/Deku one match w
During the festival was better.

Also Deku lost to bakugo becaus he was limiting himself to 5% power, he punched him at 8% because he lost control. First thing this punch was probably above prosessional boxer in terms of power and hit Bakugo clean iinto the head yet it did jakcshit proving that the internal logic and power scaling in this show exists only to create cheap emotional moments. Also despite losing while using only 8% of his power Deku still considered himself to be weaker.

Jesus christ this is the most cringe inducing thing I've heard in years. I thought being on the internet this long had completely desensitized me but this is giving me second-hand embarrassment I haven't felt in at least 15 years. Thank you, user.

Also, Bakugo's only tie/relevance to the plot is being rescued twice.

Eren and Reiner

This series have almost 0 plot lol

Practically any other rivalry that is known to man

it's not just about power, even thematically it's retarded

the author tries to sell that terrible "the're two sides of the same coin!!" yin yang naruto tier symbolism but it simply doesn't work, deku was chosen by all might, he's already fought dangerous criminals, saved kids, helped plenty of people while bakugo just got kidnapped, reeee'd nonstop about being the best and beat the shit out of his classmates in school activities

it's by far the most forced, artificial rivalry in any shonen

Attached: 1565899582626.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

naruto and sasuke
goku and vegeta
asta and yuno
yugi and kaiba
Gintoki and Hijikata
Jonathan and dio
lelouch and suzaku
Kenshiro and Raoh
sakuragi and rukawa

Its better then Natsu and Gray though

Natsu and Gray's "rivalry" is a fucking joke. It's hard to understand what was the point besides ticking some shounen cliche box.

based and mechachad pilled

imagine being this much of a delusional shounenshitter

Attached: xxxSaatananNarttu666xxx.jpg (1280x720, 574K)

THIS is how best rivalry looks like, name me one better
protip: you can't

Attached: scryed-featured.jpg (672x372, 137K)

Their rivalry is trash. Deku is good when Bakugo isnt around and vice versa. The second they're on the same page they both drop to generic characters in how they interact.

Prove him wrong dumbass.

Attached: azumanga-daioh3.jpg (432x363, 21K)

asuka vs everyone who is not kaji

Attached: 778.png (474x475, 321K)

youtube.com/watch?v=a5h5GsOUALY

Here is the real answer.

Attached: 5568866-1319273211-light.jpg (600x388, 56K)

This one is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better

Attached: 1561197554998.jpg (1067x1600, 409K)

Iconic

Attached: Yotsuba_yanda_match.jpg (768x647, 169K)

My dick your ass!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

HxHfags vs Hiatus

/thread

Attached: Ryuho and Kazuma.jpg (300x400, 48K)

I can’t tell if herofags are this delusional or if I’m getting baited by low effort bait. Either way go suck off some dudes op

Joe and Rikishi

Attached: Joe vs rikishi.png (640x480, 324K)

>its like a really creepy and dysfunctional gay relationship
thats why people love it I guess. lots of bandwagon crunchyroll shitters are total perverted faggots

>people
fujoshis and homos aren't humans

Attached: ct6.jpg (320x240, 50K)

Too bad that it wasn't a thing from the beginning of the series. It would have done a lot more for both characters.

Underrated amine movie. Wish it had been a mini series instead,like dororo.

Dante and Vergil

Rock lee vs the Konoha village is the only pure rivalry

Darjeeling vs. Miho

How the fuck is Bakugou even so popular? He is inconsequential to the plot, his development is just repeatedly acting like an asshole towards everyone but still getting sucked off for being talented and we are somehow expected to believe thath is short range explosions are as good of a quirk as actually broken shit like OFA, Todoroki's Fire/Ice blasts and the ones that turn into giga niggas.

/thread

Naruto and Sasuke

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 31K)

i would argue that it is equally as bad as naruto and saskue cause the who idea is the prodigy vs the person who works hard, but naruto/deku end up being the chosen one and have better powers

> gives no reason
Not that someone would expect you to explain an opinion these days.
Regardless you're lost boy,
Bakugo and Deku are just a more polished rivalry than Naruto vs Sasuke which is just a more polished rivalry than Goku vs Vegeta.

The big difference is that after thier first conflict without some out of left field powerup they where not rivals.
Goku hasn't been on the same footing as Vegeta since they met. Vegeta even admits this.
Naruto literally fights an entire war for days, dies then goes to fight his angsty "rival" only to hold back severally, Sasuke not even topping him with a cool new 6 paths power up and all the tailed beast chakra.

Bleach isn't worth using as a reference to good story telling beyond its first arc. Ichigo doesn't have rivals, he has plot devices with bright colors who stick around until they're irrelevant. Renji?

Death Note is great, but that's like asking who has a better rivalry Mohamad Ali and Fraizer or Einstein vs Bohr.

Bakugo is not my favorite charecter by any means however he is more skilled than Deku even upon a rematch and in a way is Dekus first idol.
They each have a quality the other needs and so learn from one another through competition and watching.

It's not the best rivalry, but you're not a very good judge of what makes one.

>the who idea is the prodigy vs the person who works hard
That really isn't the idea though. The focus of the rivalry is their differing priorities and ideologies. They each posses something the other wants or needs. They complement each other but also make each other jealous. Deku has a heroic spirit - an unwavering desire to help those around him - while Bakugou has unmatched talent and a competitive desire to win. In addition looking at Deku as a case of pure hard work is missing the point. He had to work hard to prove to All Might he was worth helping, but in the end the story is based around someone with no prospects being a given a chance because he deserves a shot. He's not the kind of shounen hero who never gave up and powered through; instead Deku has practically given up by the time he met All Might, just barely holding on to a vain hope. He was thoroughly convinced by those around him that he couldn't succeed, even if he tried to pretend otherwise, and it was only when given encouragement that he was able to stand and try again.

Attached: 090321-catnarok-desktop-background.jpg (1600x1200, 303K)

Too bad it isn't real.

Attached: joevsrikishi.jpg (746x1200, 190K)

Ash and Gary.