Why does Yea Forums hate shounen? What is there even to watch/read apart from shounen?

Why does Yea Forums hate shounen? What is there even to watch/read apart from shounen?
>moe
It's literally just shounen except girls. Over exaggerated faces, silly jokes, dumbed down kid vibes
>seinen
there are like only 12 worthwhile seinen to even watch and they are all years old. new seinen is rarely good or even comes out
>yuri/yaoi
go read doujin you retards
>shoujo
you are a genuine creep/pedophile if you watch cartoons meant for girls as a mid 20s male. it's effectively the same thing as watching my little pony
>josei
literally who? does this demographic even exist?

So what the hell else is there? Like 90% of anime is shounen, so it's really hard to believe you fags when you all shittalk it. It's like the McDonalds of anime. Sure it's subpar most of the time, but it's still delicious and you'll still consume it at any time because it's literally made to be appealing for the vast majority of people. There is a shounen out there for everyone, so stop pretending to hate it. The reason HxH fags even made the soft seinen meme is because you guys bullied shounen too hard.

Attached: 1422359485245-3.gif (500x270, 401K)

I ONLY read seinen.

Attached: 1536614864767.jpg (869x1218, 231K)

>moe is shounen except girls
>seinen rarely comes out
>josei doesn't even exist
>90% of anime is shounen
I think you're extremely confused about many things.

Because it’s usually pretty dumb and derivative, which makes it fun to pick on.

People mostly hate the brain dead retards who go out of their way to discuss shounen series on the internet, not the series themselves. Like you for example, you are obviously a drooling retard by your assertion that there are "only 1 worthwhile seinen to even watch". Zero tolerance of shounenshit discussion means retards are less likely to shit up your anime community.

Shonen is mostly boring, drawn out, and unrelatable. Not to say I dislike all of it, but it really doesn't appeal to me.

Attached: 1562886088360.jpg (554x439, 38K)

I don't hate shounen. At least, not the generic as fuck ones that gets overrated by people who only likes cool fights. I hate battle shounen fans.

Because it attracts retards like you

i'm 31, female, mentally ill
i love shounen, moe, seinen, yuri, yaoi, shoujo, josei. idk if men in their 20s have problems with self-inserting into different genres, but it's working great for me and my imagination.

>literally who?
ah, that explains it

Shonen, as in "anime targeted towards male teens", as a whole isn't bad.
""Shonen"", as in "boring derivative action shows", are all basically the same thing. If you've seen Dragonball, you've also seen Naruto and One Piece.
I wish people would use the original definition of the word instead of as a synonym for "action show"

When they say "shounenshit" they're talking about generic WSJ garbage (naruto, dbs, etc), tired shows with vapid memey threads.
>The reason HxH fags even made the soft seinen meme is because you guys bullied shounen too hard.
No, those are falseflaggers trying to ruin HxH's image. HxHfags used to be chill and would rarely start shit outside their threads.

>female
>mentally ill
It was redundant to mention that you are mentally ill." Female" already alerted us.

I prefer kodomo and seinen series to shonen ones.

>female
>mentally ill
>legal age
I would marry you if you were attractive and didn't have SJW stature.

oof

>Why does Yea Forums hate shounen?
It attracts retards like you.

No bully :(

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Phily the kid from cannon busters!

As if Americans don't do the same shit when some sports related event happens.

difference is they are doing it because its trendy and see everyone else around them doing it.

Shounen are popular and Yea Forums(nel) is a contrarian site.

Shounenshitters are mostly niggers and spics. It deserves to be hated just for attracting subhumans.

>mentally ill
You are browsing this site instead of being a decent human being, of course you are.

>deleted
of course hotpocket comes in to defend his shit eating monkey brethren

>racism is funny the thread
yikes.

I just want a female to have interests in anything I do. All these normalfag girls that waste their entire days fucking with makeup and social media are awful. They do nothing all day and expect you to do everything for them because they have a princess/bitch complex.

I just want a girl who will watch anime with me and play vidya with me and snuggle in bed when we're both depressed together. Fuck I hate the world.

Post feet

only niggers deserve the axe. latinos know how to have a good time and love mazinger z.
>caring about 3dpd
looks like you're the normalfag, retard.

then talk to more girls s o y b o y. And ask if they watch anime while talking to them. It isnt hard.

>you are a genuine creep/pedophile if you watch cartoons meant for girls as a mid 20s male. it's effectively the same thing as watching my little pony

Following this logic, people who watch shounen are pedophiles too but also gay.

The only ones that do are landwhales it seems. I've not seen a single girl that is a 6 or higher that watches anime.

frankly its as bad as the rest. Each had their own formulaic plot that is abused to all hell.
>moe
cute girls doing cute things at school.
>seinen
edgy stuff for the sake of edge

it all has its appropriate cliches that get abused. Its the ones that stand from the cliche shows that get the praise.
Demon Slayer for its visual effects
Lucky Star for its Moe shit
Berserk for its visuals and plot.
Plus Yea Forums wouldnt hat Shounen so much if it wasnt for autistic fans shitting up the board. Cant go to Dragonball Super because autistic meixcans cant stop larping.
HxH threads are unbearable because the fags are literally full of themselves.
One Piece threads get infested with Shippers who forget the series isn't about romance for love but adventure.

i would say you got pedos across the board here. They all should be shot.

i'd marry you back if i didn't have crippling anxiety and a phobia of 3D, syke, i'm a mentally ill woman so you'd never be good enough for my worthless, hypocritical ass ha . ha . ha .

i can legitimately say i wish i was happy with makeup and social media. instead, i hate myself and don't expect anything because i don't really desire anything. maybe there are healthy people with the same interests, i really don't know.

look at conan's toes.

Attached: cute_conan_toes.png (1021x731, 538K)

fuck off attention whore larper

Incel detected

>rating girls on scales of 1 to 6
so you are some underage retard. Wonder why you cant find a girl.

Shounen as a genre is fine and has a long history most ignore. Battle shounen is well played out and rarely gets any innovative developments that stick but you sometimes get gems though they tend to last two volumes at most. The WSJ forever series formula has probably done more harm than good to anime and manga overall.

The shounen fanbase is by far the worst fanbase outside of Japan and obviously on Yea Forums as well. Being a wide tent they drag in not only normalfags but trash of all kinds from all over. Anime and manga to them is just another mass consumer product to be consumed memed and disposed of in a whim until the next fad comes along. Nothing is safe from shounenfags and they are worse than SEEDfags were before /m/ was made. They need their own board.

I am a girl wasting half my money for skincare and makeup and clothes, but i still read many mangas and sometimes watch anime. Don't stereotyped us

I never understood inserting yourself into a story. Why would I? I never did the things in the story.

I don't mean to say that girls who spend money on makeup are bad, but the ones who spend 4+ hours to put that makeup on and pretend they are a cosmetology student just so they can take pictures and post them online for validation, and then sit there staring at their phone for the next 12 hours until they sleep.

I had an ex that did exactly that. Living with her was pure boredom and hell.

I mean don't consider makeup as a bad thing. Not everyone born with good complexion and as much as a man want a pretty girl, girl want to be pretty more. All those cute shitty moe pissed me off because they just born cute and thin and lovable and have this proportionate sexy body that fit all kind of clothes and their clothes never gone bad and there was no bad bed hair for them. Most girls in real life wear makeup and dieting for the sake of looking better. So, most people who saud want a natural (pretty) girl should've know how few they really are, as rare as a chad in real life who did some effort into their look and do to gym or at least exercising. Doesn't mean we all want some chad because sometimes those thin boy can looks cute too and so do fat man, depending on the person i guess

I have this kind of friends lol.

Wait you forgot the best part : asking us to like their photos and checking the new likes eveey 5 minutes

Easy, I never made any social media to begin with and deleted my facebook so she could never ask me to.

Just curious which shonen series do you guys actually like then? Always looking for new ones to try

Read the promise neverland. The first arc is good and maybe you should consider stop on the first arc. Nevertheless, there still shonen shit tropes :the main characters are prodigy.

Hxh is fine i guess. But the op mc still shonenish but its entertaining so who cares.

But both didnt really follow shonen logic "be positive you will always get what you want" "try harder you will finally get what you want" "i did it for my friend(whom maybe they have known only for several days" "yeah power of friendship"

Wow your girl was kind enough not asking you to made one but whatever. Good luck on your next girl!

Well idk, we ended badly so maybe she didn't like me much to begin with. I didn't delete the facebook because of her though, just did randomly sometime after highschool.
Also thanks c:

Let me tell you my stories i guess. I love manga, some anime but i dont really have any friends with similar interest around except one girl who is a fujoshit and 0lay games,and no i am not a fujoshi and i said i cant relate, she didnt really think i am half an otaku as her we cant never really talk about anime. There are 2 acquintenances did the same thing to me. And my friends who are boys didn't even trust that i like reading manga, they think i was just being nice when i started talking with them about manga too and one seem pissed off when i am asking what cartoon do you watch when he was wathing black clover. I knew i should have said anime instead but i didnt have any ill intention really. Its like when i read this dc'swatchmen comic and there was this boy who feel irritated because i called it comic instead of graphic novel. And my brother didnt even flinch when i tell him about manga i like or artbook i bought... come to think of it, back then like 8 years ago, there is this club for anime in my school. I tried to get along with them because finally i got the friends with same hobby, but most are fujos and yurifag and they didnt even consider me at all, they hide mangas they made said it just for some kind of people, they pissed me off. So hahaha in the end, i became friends with other kind of people

So, nope, no friends with anime manga interest around me because they didnt even trust i like them enough when actually i read them a lot and waiting for spoiler like now every single week. Yea Forums became the only place i talk about anime and its fun, but you should now how hard it is for some women to tell they like anime because no one seems believe them. I don't even know where did i go wrong. Well, maybe some of the girls around you is like that but you didnt notice them?

To be fair if the kids weren't prodigies then there would be no story since they'd all just die. And there is at least a canon reason for them TO be prodigies. They are specifically bred and raised to be prodigies. The prodigy trope is bad when it comes out of nowhere in a town full of retarded hicks.

Is this a pasta? No one really blogposts like this on Yea Forums, right?

Hunter x Hunter is the only shounen worth it’s salt. Everything else is trash. Only the masses like it because of flashy fight scenes, the stories and characters just aren’t compelling.

Get the fuck out of here.

post tits or gtfo

>X detected
>incel
Go to /r9k/ if you think the word incel means anything here.

Follow me to the gas chamber user, it'll be fun!

Can I marry you? You seem nice and pleasant, even if a bit autistic.

Are you a latina? Your typos and grammatical errors make me think you are at least ESL of some sort and some of the mannerisms in your speaking reminds me of a colombian girl I used to know. Also spanish people love anime for whatever reason.

Also how are you going to be 31 and call grown adult men boys? I assume it was an adult anyways since you mentioned black clover which is recent.

>wanting to see 3D shit

>It's literally just shounen except girls.
The fact aside that this is utter nonsense shounen manga usually focuses on completely different things and follows different storytelling patterns, if you can't see why men would rather watch cute girls than guys then you must be the biggest faggot on this board right now.

>you are a genuine creep/pedophile if you watch cartoons meant for girls as a mid 20s male
You clearly don't even have the slightest idea about what you're talking about. Shoujo manga usually focusses on relationshit drama between borderline abusive guys and bland girls. If a mid 20s male finds this sort of thing appealing he is without doubt not right in the head but for entirely different reasons than you imagine.

>literally who? does this demographic even exist?
Yes, it does - and it's quite popular. It's pretty much shoujo manga but with even more degeneracy.

In any case, you clearly need to lurk more.

I am 20. I am not the 31 yoswoman. ESL from asia

Where in asia? Also damn, now I want an asian anime loving gf.

Because Shounen is popular and mainstream, so it brings a lot of normalfags here. And most of them seem to be very unaware of other anime, older shows and what showed influenced other shows.
>Like 90% of anime is shounen
Just like what I said, you have no clue.
>It's like the McDonalds of anime. Sure it's subpar most of the time, but it's still delicious and you'll still consume it at any time because it's literally made to be appealing for the vast majority of people.
You described the problem. 1)It's made to be the same, 2) it's made to appeal to everyone
If I have already seen Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, FMA+B, Soul Eater, then why the fuck should I care about Fire Force or Dr Stone? I've already seen a lot of adaptains of manga published in the same magazine, that have a lot of similarities to each other. I no longer care, I've already seen these stories but with slight differences. I'm bored of shounen.
The other problem is that WSJ shounen just like McDonalds tastes plastic. They use the same frozen beef and bread and cheese and vegetables to make the hamburger. There is no different flavouring from different chefs. WSJ authors stay in tried and true formulas and aren't experimental.
Also over the years McDonalds hamburgers were getting smaller. I remember when I was six and the beef and cheese filled out the bread, now it's smaller than the bread. Terrible analogy if you want to make shounen look good.

I never said shounen was good, I said it wasn't shit. McDonalds isn't great, but it's literally genetically modified to taste good to every single person who eats it. It will never be a michelin star meal, it will never beat home cooking, it will never beat normal restaurant food, but it is easily attained, simple, yummy, and not actual shit. McDonalds is probably better than most people's food that can't cook (like the types of people whose idea of a meal is deli meat with kraft singles and mayo on white bread).

>I never said shounen was good, I said it wasn't shit.
If you're going to play this game then you're retarded.
There's plenty of shounen out there that don't fit the bill of the tired old battle shounen that always get discussed by anons with a mental age of 5, and I doubt that's what anyone talks about when throwing out that "shounenshitter" buzzword.

Sharing the same hobbies don't mean shit.

I've met people who are also into anime and videogames, I've been to cons a lot too. I tried to make friends there and on social media. Yet it never works out. Nobody seem to care, and I don't get it. 90% of the people in my life are just normies, and I never get to talk about my interests with anyone.

It's not like I'm a smelly fat guy. I even workout daily and am in good shape.

Iktf

>Sharing the same hobbies don't mean shit.
This, it's the dumbest meme in matchmaking I've ever seen.

>I even workout daily
The fact you even right this, shows how obnoxious you are in reality, t b h. And thats why people with common interests avoid you like the plaque.

Can you specify?
I was just inb4 someone says you're a fat smelly pedo. But it's not something I state or bring up irl.

Why do you think imageboards exist? Because normalfag cancer is too impenetrable so you have to resort to talking about your hobbies with anonymous people online like it's some kind of degenerate fetish.

Well, i am tan, not pale white like korean or japanese. And i am really ugly without makeup that most people really didnt recognized that I was the same people. It was actually funny but disheartening. On my no makeup day, even boys around me will tell me that i better got my makeups on. And i am friendzoned a lot after they saw my real face. Well, shit, maybe you should rethink what you about to say

Almost all Shonen start off well but eventually ruin themselves through power creep caused by never ending due to greed.

Go ahead name one that that has finished without shitting the bed.

Attached: 1564232259680.jpg (756x1080, 88K)

I'm guessing you're either a flip or some other kind of South East islander, since I don't think poos use Yea Forums and all Chinese are ugly.

Gonna stop blogposting now since it's offtopic, but you shouldn't listen to some normalfag retards and also don't look down on yourself. You're probably not that bad!

Surely you even can tell that the entire last paragraph makes you come off like some arrogant tryhard, right? Even if that's not your intention.

FMAB. Short, no power creep, good characters, good lessons, and everything was great. Probably the picture perfect shounen. Maybe japanese girls are just better writers. Or just don't put your shounen in jump.

user define power creep in your terms so I am on the same page as you here. Because power creeps can ruin them but it depends how its handled. Luffy supposedly being yonkou teir yet there are more guys who are a level higher to the other Yonkou. Queen fucking up big mom is proof of that.

because you have an asshole personality and judge normies as such. I am sure if someone said they didnt care for your show you get defensive or when they say their favorite japanese cartoon you say it sucks.

This. And how mc always treated like some kind of special snowflake always making me angry

It's not a shounen; it transcended the genre years ago. The correct classification is soft seinen

>all these arguments defending everything else besides shoujo

Op, get enlightened and stop watching anime at all.

All haremshit especially shounen almost has this thick headed mc who loved by everyone just because they said something kind once. Like really?!! I tried to do this and i became a lip service man and no girls even gave me a flinch. I was just this nice fake codependant person that is trying to hard.

And how they never gave up. I watched saiki kusuo anime and live action and then i realized more than looking great, this hairo man looked so dumb and delusional

fmaB

Lowkey One Piece. One could argue Luffy is a powercreep but it's made clear that alone he's as good as dead. There is a very low chance Oda fucks up the end but still could disappoint there. But I think he is well prepared for it and it will come out naturally.
>define powercreep
Powercreep means somoene so strong he solves anything and makes other characters irrelevant. That's a videogame concept. I'd say in anime somoene like Nardo is a powercreep.

Speak up I can't hear you

Actually I'm dumb a good example of powercreep would be Saitama

I hate the concept of Naruto so much. He preaches friendship and teamwork and working together and even has the gall to imply to Neji that destiny is just a load of crap because he's a shithead kid who defies destiny (even though he's a literal reincarnation of a god, was blessed with an immense pool of chakra because of his lineage, has a 9 tailed fox demon spirit inside of him, and many more bullshit asspulls that make him basically god). Then he just goes into war basically on his fucking own, outshining everyone with his shadowclones not even the real him. FUCKING STUPID. I HATE NARDO

HunterxHunter yes, what about Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? I thought it was also one of the better shonen.

Are hajime no ippo and Gurren lagann shonen? They are good too.

Lmao exactly it goes even more stupid when he has six path sage hax basically bringing ppl back to life and shit.

Powercreep means just that. Power that creeps up out of nowhere to take on a new threat. DBZ is power creep. New threat appears? Well just do a 5 minute training montage and suddenly new fucking power level super saiyan 2 omg.

Shit happens in TCG too. Each new set of cards powercreeps the last set by being better in every way and that's why people hate competitive TCGs because every few months you need to drop 600 dollars on a brand new deck of cards because your old deck is now shit and no one wants to trade for your cards or buy it.

Shounen is only hated for two reasons: The formulaic Battle Shounen, and how it attracts normalfags. Non-conventional shounen are some of Yea Forums's most favorite series.

Neji is looking down from heaven pissed off as hell because Naruto was a lying sack of shit.

>nobody has brought up the king of shounen yet

Attached: dark tournament.jpg (1280x960, 371K)

That's not powercreep senpai. You mean asspull or hack there. But for the TCG case that's correct
And he fucks his sister !! Mad af

And how the mc always did some random kindness and put everyone else first but forget about himself, how they called everyone they met a precious friend. Then suddenly everyone admired him for being so kind and caring, did everything for his fucking sake while forgeting their original purpose. Andhow smoothly mc can help everyone, i hope their will be an interest clash between people mc wanna help but there never is. I hope in that situasion mc will realized he just want to help because he wanted everyone called him kind and his friend with different interests will called him fake, get your own decision which one you would help! Or i want something like mc let his grades down because he want to help someone get a first place, and then everyone told him the same thing, he finally on the last place and his parents was kind of disappointed

I was too young to appreciate Yuyu when it aired. Same with Kenshin.

Because no male here was the most popular kid in the school who liked the plain girl on his first sight and had many girls orbiting around him. Its too fucking unrelatable.

Kuwabara is to pure for this board.

Oda only fucked up with Katakuri because of how he made the fight so much in Katakuri's favor. Everything else it felt luffy rarely got lucky when his arcs big bad was easy to beat.

Why are you trying to post Dragonball z Jr

I'm not an elitist, so I don't mind talking about series I'm not much into. I do like discussing the good and bad points of any show I like too.

And when I said normie I meant to say people who aren't into anime or games, I wanted to make a distinction easy to understand.
Yeah maybe it came off like that, but I'm just trying to explain. It is common to assume that anyone here is a neckbeard who is in his basement all his life, then goes to cons without taking a shower and in social situation spergs out; so i wanted to clarify that.

Because even being friendly and social can be pointless.

YES. EVEN BEING FRIENDLY AND SOCIAL CAN BE POINTLESS . I HATE MY LIFE.

Great job Yea Forums. Quality thread.

Thanks

most of Yea Forums doesn't know why, they're the ones who leave non replies like

Based

>I'm not an elitist, so I don't mind talking about series I'm not much into. I do like discussing the good and bad points of any show I like too.
>And when I said normie I meant to say people who aren't into anime or games, I wanted to make a distinction easy to understand.
yeah but you dont seem to understand that is how you come off to people. You say you don't mind the conversation but they do because they don't want to debate they just want to talk about how they enjoy the series.

Ye ain't going to deny there is a few asspulls here and there. But in a way it's explained by the fact Luffy has the devil's luck. I really like how it's completely assumed and clearly said (from other characters) he's a blessed by fate for being the "chosen one". It's like a subtle way to say "remember this guy is my MC".

Because Yea Forums told him so, and is too retarded to have his own opinion.

Attached: 1564416531165.jpg (680x940, 63K)

>you are a genuine creep/pedophile if you watch cartoons meant for girls as a mid 20s male. it's effectively the same thing as watching my little pony
please just fuck off back to .reddit. already you blatant underaged normalfag / newfag

he's right though

Imagine having this shut taste

I have open taste

Imagine watching shounen and being elitist towards a pony cartoon.

Obviously because >Yea Forums is one person, and half the threads active right now are shounen threads that Yea Forums hates shounen.

The demographic of shounen is literal children. As someone of mature age I am not going to enjoy a lot of things that are targeted towards children. I trust, that you too, do not play with toys and building blocks the way you might have done when you were five. The premise is the same.
Children enjoy cartoons that are made for children to enjoy, e.g. Spongebob. If I was to be made to watch an episode of Spongebob with my nephew or some other child, I wouldn't immediately call it trash for little kids, and in some way it might be entertaining even from an adult's point of view despite it not being targeted towards me at all.
In the same way, I am capable of reading some WSJ series and finding it entertaining, possibly even pretty good. But children are not critics, and if one was to tell you that Spongebob is far more interesting as a piece of art than Picasso then you would simply laugh. This is hyperbole, but you should get the point.

There was a time when we were mostly experienced enough and had sufficient powerlevels to debate things beyond cookie cutter trash for the lowest common denominator. But judging by your post OP, that time is behind us.

finding a single good anime at all in a 1-2 year time period is hard to do for me. everything seems to have 1-D stories/pointless cutegirl harem filler or both.