Villains that got away with it

Villains that got away with it

Attached: Untitled.png (791x869, 557K)

Other urls found in this thread:

japantoday.com/category/crime/american-man-gets-8-years-for-killing-dismembering-body-of-woman
sgcafe.com/2019/08/kyoto-animation-arsonist-may-found-not-guilty-mental-illness/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So why is ‘mental illness’ a justifiable defense for crimes?

Is this a case of "Not guilty by reason of insanity" and then straight to life internment at the mental ward? Because that's *so* much better prison.

Holy fucking shit can the Japanese legal court system be fucked up. I was expecting him to hang the guy.

It's just someone in my brain told me to do it, not my fault haha

Well, technically speaking if they convicted him it would mean to accept Kyoani did stole his novel, so smart move.

Do japanese courts accept mental illness as a defense? Also, aren't they supposed to be much tougher than most other courts with really high conviction rates?

As soon as I heard of the incident I knew that KyoAni's stupid light novel contest was related to it.

A lot of people think people who commit crimes should be rehabilitated and not just locked up to rot in a cell or executed. Rehabilitating mentally ill people is a different thing than criminals. People found not guilty by reason of insanity are sent to a facility specializing in that kind of thing rather than just locked up in a cell or executed. Mental illness in Japan is apparently seen differently though so I don't know if anyone thinks like that in Japan. I also, based on what I know about what happened, don't think the guy should be able to use that defense though. This was premeditated based on the guy feeling slighted.

Is this going to be like the 3 yakuza boys all over again?

What mental illness does he have?

Give him a medal.

Wait, actually, fuck that. Give the guy more gasoline

how would it mean that at all

As much as she hates creators, Altair wouldn't even go that low to burn an animation studio.

Attached: isekai momcest.jpg (493x622, 66K)

he has a good lawyer

Attached: heh.png (769x243, 26K)

this is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People don't get better. Look at repeat rates across the world. For every person you successfully rehabilitate, there are 4 you let loose who will commit crimes again.

Given the severity of his offenses I strongly doubt that'd fly. Even if it did, it doesn't mean he'd walk, it'd mean he'd be sentenced to some form of psychiatric facility instead of prison/execution.

Being drugged and thrown into an asylum for the rest of your life isn't exactly a good end. This guy is probably already in permanent suffering and disability from the burning.

Japan has a 99% conviction rate. This seems doubtful.

Yeah, I go back and forth on it really. But the point of the mental illness defense is that it's pointless to lock up/execute someone who's mentally ill and they'd be better off in a facility that specializes in that. But like I said, the guy being mentally ill is doubtful to me. Not to mention Japan's views on mental illness.

I can understand a couple of civilians but the main fucking building of an animation studio doesn’t matter at all? I know japan is fucking retarded but this is going overboard even for them

"something something "pretended to be retarded for seven years"

>castrophenia
>a person that believes that ideas are being forcibly taken from their mind by outside forces

WAT

>that it's pointless to lock up/execute someone who's mentally ill
Well execution is cheaper than an asylum stay for the rest of the crazy bastard's life

Easily debunked by the fact that there's footage of him rolling around a cart with the gasoline to practice on one of the days before he did the attack

The classic case is Solipsism. If someone genuinely believes they're the only thing in existence then you've no ability to prove that they're wrong, no ability to convince them otherwise, and you're basically just taking vindiction to the equivalent of an animal. Modern law is derived from that example, where the only option was to stick them in a sanatorium to waste away because they're completely at odds with the correct function of society.

It's not that hard really, just talk like you're on Yea Forums

Attached: 1565254404278.jpg (460x522, 112K)

I remember the story that came out not too long ago about a American tourist from NY that murdered and dismembered a women in Japan and only got 8 years in prison.

>Prosecutors had sought a 13-year prison term for Bayraktar who is from New York and had come to Japan on a tourist visa. They did not indict him for murder because they could not prove intent to kill. Instead, he was charged with manslaughter and abandoning a body.

>The court heard that Bayraktar met the victim on an online dating site and that after killing her, attempted to destroy evidence by erasing his dating site account and buying a saw to dismember her body.

>Bayraktar’s lawyer argued that he didn’t mean to kill Kondo and had since shown remorse for his act, saying that he would have to live with the consequences of his crime for the rest of his life.

japantoday.com/category/crime/american-man-gets-8-years-for-killing-dismembering-body-of-woman

No he is not, Japanese legal court is very similar to Chinese. It is for show. To make people see justice is being done. Both country doesn't have 99% conviction rate for shit and giggles.

There's a lot of out rage from the youth population for this incidents. Japanese politicians recently are very keen on getting the youth vote.

This guy will be found guilty and executed. Screencap this.

Attached: 1552242920522 (1).jpg (1222x759, 133K)

Then just put a bullet in them

Ah so like the we're all just a bits inside a simulation kind of thing?

Their conviction rates are a fraud, they literally prefer to get innocent people in prison if it gets them good rep than follow through on an investigation.

>all these literal teenagers and r/edditors who are arguing why he should le be punished
Glad getting a law degree still takes more than half a country and every single country on this planet so it isn't the double digit IQ laymen who reach verdicts instead of the population.

>Villains

Remember how the teacher lady told you that there is no such thing as a stupid question? She lied to you.

>Look at repeat rates across the world.
Countries like America and the former USSR states basing their system on vindication lead the world in recidivism, and countries like Norway and Iceland focusing on rehabilitation are the polar opposite?

Are you calling me stupid

Attached: 75A0381D-3A4E-4273-A612-9FCDC819BFA0.jpg (213x400, 45K)

>Japanese politicians recently are very keen on getting the youth vote
Japan doesn't even have an actual democracy you beanbrain. The same party has been in charge ever since the end of World War 2. Politicians don't need to pursuade anymore.

Cruel & Unusual Punishment.

Killing people that easily doesn't help public morale and you could easily have a revolution on your hands. Killing is not the solution to every proble.

>arguing why he should le be punished
Oh, I'm not even arguing. Argument requires logical thinking, and I sure as fuck am not doing logical thinking by just hating the motherfucker. I want him dead. Period.

Nigger I'm not arguing he should be punished, I'm arguing he WILL be punished. Because this is fucking Japan, a nation with a 99% conviction rate.

Is it fair or just to punish someone who had no control over their mental state because of something genetic going off and fucking them up beyond rationalization?

Have there been any major cases of vigilante justice over in Japan?

>and countries like Norway and Iceland
Not every country can have 99% white criminals

He ain't callin you smart

he should be given an award for this instead.

Imagine defending a literal mass murderer

ha ha look mom, I posted it again!

I'm so sick of mental illness being used as a scapegoat for everything.
There's millions of mentally ill people in the world and I don't see even a quarter of them burning down any fucking buildings. Stop with this shit.

Attached: 1564747505578.jpg (192x132, 9K)

That would pretty humane and not unusual actually

>They could not prove intent to kill.
>He bought a saw to dismember her body and deleted his account.
>He abandoned her body after dismembering her instead of reporting it and confessing.
>They could not prove intent to kill.
Fucking what is their definition of murder?

Are you an idiot? White criminals vs black and brown

B-but he's mentally ill

I just society would burn this fuck alive and broadcast it to the victims family.

The modern society is degenerate.

Execution isn't cheap. The thousands of people on death row for over a decade will show you that.

i hope people continue to post it too. this guy is a hero.

He did nothing wrong.

And i don't most nips have the balls to do it, the 3 yakuza fags is still alive and breathing

>at the mental ward?

Is that worse than a supermax?

Good thing that nobody cares about what you want. He burned down a worthless studio. No need to hate the guy. Nothing of value was lost.
Easy to have a high conviction rate when every single case that has a chance of being dismissed never makes it to trial.

Bring back firing squads. Much cheaper

I thought Japan's legal system was "guilty until proven innocent"?

Everything you are has a genetic component. They've done tests on Identical Twins, separated at birth and raised by radically different families.
They often had the same types of clothes, the same type of job, married the same type of person, etc.

Everything you do and everything you are has a genetic component. It's not the only factor, but it's always there. Acting like specific genetic issues are special and should be treated differently because "It's genetic and he can't help it" is utter nonsense.

And Japan is so fuck based.

>Well execution is cheaper than an asylum stay for the rest of the crazy bastard's life
capital punishment is actually more expensive than keeping a person locked up for life. a lot of that going to the extra legal fees and payouts to families of the wrongly convicted that didn't get their case overturned in time.

Based, i would love to get pay to shoot people.
How do you join one?

for those who are low iq defending shinji and think it's only us who want to see him tortured because we have some sick torture fetish or some shit and not because it's justice, this is what japanese people are currently also thinking

Attached: 12211.png (976x1620, 2.8M)

>Your loved one burned to death because of this man; Here, watch him burn to death.

Think that one through chief?

>If it's of no value to me, then it's of no value to everyone else! My word is law!
Based retard.

>They often had the same types of clothes, the same type of job, married the same type of person
>married the same type of person
Yeah but do they married the same person? haha

>Kill and dismember a woman
>Get 8 year sentence which is basically a slap on the wrist
Did they give him a lighter sentence because he was American?

Attached: moot.jpg (220x284, 10K)

>Acting like specific genetic issues are special and should be treated differently because "It's genetic and he can't help it" is utter nonsense.
You're retarded and have no place in law enforcement or legislation.

Revenge isn't justice.

Kyoto Animation is of no value to anyone who genuinely cares about animation and, first and foremost, anime. Plain and simple.

What a cutie psychopath

Who?

And that right here is why the Japanese have never contributed anything to the field of law and have been doing nothing but copy pasting German/European legislation ever since the 18th century. They don't understand the concept of ethics.

> mental illness

Attached: F9789BBB-4BAC-4B68-BD4C-ED336F67A9F4.jpg (1238x888, 72K)

Somehow I doubt Japan has the same laws about it as the US

>Japan doesn't even have an actual democracy you beanbrain.

Soon my friend soon.

Neo-Yea Forums worships shit studios like KyoAni and ufotable now. You're not going to convince them that style over substance is bad.

>He burned down a worthless studio. No need to hate the guy. Nothing of value was lost.
Irregardles of the cultural value the studio has,do we need to start to argue the worth of human lives that perishes there now?

Attached: 1563902711720.jpg (380x380, 50K)

I remember this guy.

>recidivism rates are controlled by skin colour
Don't you have some chemtrails to screech at, you American? Fuck off to /pol/.

Good excuse to get away from death penalty. Either way, anyone who kills people by x reason is mentally ill by default

>Everything you are has a genetic component. They've done tests on Identical Twins, separated at birth and raised by radically different families.
>They often had the same types of clothes, the same type of job, married the same type of person, etc.

You literally just made that up. There is no gene that makes you like a particular kind of clothing. Who fed you this blatant misinformation?

Attached: 1565917071542.jpg (387x420, 43K)

>Wants a barbaric punishment
>Calls modern society degenerate
Have you looked in a mirror lately?

>millions of mentally ill people in the world and I don't see even a quarter of them burning down any fucking buildings
A large majority of them lack the willpower to do so. Even clinically insane people desire happiness to an extent. This is an ages-old cop-out for actual, intent-driven criminals to avoid the consequences.

justice is more important than rehabilitation.

This mindset you described is the mindset of a weak, immoral person that cares more about securities and comforts than high ideals.

The justice for the families needs to be provided by the state or further harm to society through the damage done to those families will be suffered. Further harm can occur from the arsonist because some people can be seen as "rehabilitated" but they are smart enough to fake it.

This weakness of a justice system is just putting their constituents at more risk. They are essentially taking tax dollars for not doing their job.

He's not wrong.

>may be
>posting literal clickbait
I thought Yea Forums was better than this.

Attached: 1557647272801.jpg (640x360, 25K)

>that style over substance is bad
What are you on about? Style over substance isn't bad. The problem is Kyoto Animation is neither. They lack style because they are an artistically bankrupt studio, and their works lack substance cause all their writers and directors have shits for brains.

Join the Marines, boy. America's finest.

then what is justice for you then? letting him go with a slap on the wrist?
allowing him to take the easy way out with pain only by hanging while 35 people had to experience their skin and flesh burn and be consumed by the flames.

i'm sure you have accidentally burnt yourself at some point in your life even just a little, now imagine that all over your body and times it by 35 just because you drew cartoons on an average salary.

>Be a guy who does nothing wrong and minds his business.
>Without his notice a tumor grows in your brain and makes you go haywire from voices, making you have violent outbursts, to painful headaches and you have no mental way of fighting this or even knowing it is a tumor fucking you up.
>Impulses from the tumor cause you to kill someone, something you would never really do.
>Medical examinations show that you have a tumor
>Tumor gets removed and you go back to your old personality and thinking.
>Even though it was the tumor making you violent you shouldn't be able to use it in court to explain what happened, what lead you to the murder, and shouldn't be used as a defense to lower your sentence.
Bravo.

>Style over substance isn't bad.
Wrong.

Except he is

>I thought Yea Forums was better than this.
Is this your first week here?

How is he wrong

>They've been copying European legislation.
Not very effectively.

>Marines
But user, i don't wanna get shot back by sandniggers.

Prove it.

crime in the US is totally skewed from the black and mexican population

Do you need a youtube cartoon or something to find your way back to /pol/? Ask your mommy or your carer for help.

>passing up all you can eat crayons because you're afraid of durkas

economics

the execution method isn't what's expensive about it.
and juries have shown to be less willing to give a guilty verdict if they think it means there will be blood on their hands. you have more criminals walking the streets when the death penalty is on the table.

Wrong.

Japan needs more Shinji Aobas. For too long they've been brainwashed and infantilized by anime. The only solution to their problems is to purge that filth from their nation. Then and only then can Japan return to its former glory.

Around 80% of all violent crime in the US occurs in 27 shithole counties, out of over 3000.
And guess what those counties have in common?

I've never watch much Kyoani except the requisite Haruhi watch.I think they're overrated in general.

I also think they're one of the best studios in Japan, and the industry would improve if more studios took their workplace culture and philosophies. Their products are not intended for me in both style and substance, but their process is impeccable and should be emulated.

wrong

Not him, but it is true. They're called the twin studies.

He isn't saying we isolated specific genes that cause them to do anything. The twin studies show there is postie empirical evidence of the heritability of many mental attributes of humans. This has been proven by various studies time and time again. For many personality trains and aptitudes genetics play a significant role.

>juries have shown to be less willing to give a guilty verdict if they think it means there will be blood on their hands
I didn't know juries are a bunch of pussy

Keep lying to yourself and the issues will never be resolved.

******s??

Poor socio-economic strata
Race realist smoothbrains equate that to skin color

>this post

Attached: 1543425475479.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

>he would have to live with the consequences of his crime for the rest of his life
What consequences? He only got a slap in the wrist and that's all. Hell, the faggot attempted to get rid of the evidence.

Stupid debiru poster.

>Thinks one guy has any input

and he could've gone back to kick all of their asses

Attached: enel 02.jpg (800x1183, 101K)

Yes. Barbaric punishment for barbaric deeds. That isn't degeneracy, that is justice.

I can tell you're some kind of Euro fag. Euro fags are 9/10 weakling cowardly peasants that hold no value in things like freedom or justice. I'd rather live around retarded beaners than faggot euro trash.

Donuts?

Attached: 1565658517315.jpg (1459x1218, 301K)

Blame the Americans for doing this. After they occupied Japan after WW2, they pretty much forced every retarded shit they had on to the Japanese. The Japanese court system is pretty much a joke like the US one. Same shit different country

How come poor Cletus isn’t murdering people then? Come on now

Japan's legal system is based on the US model. but they have shown themselves to be significantly more corrupt, to the point where you can't really trust any of their self reported statistics.

But Yea Forums told me that nips didn't give a shit about mental illness

I wonder how many people here actually fell for the OP's image

Apparently they do now

Leftist faggots always amaze me. They're entirely incapable of looking at facts and are only capable of thinking with emotions. I bet you could do a study and show that people on the far left have low IQs and testosterone.

Well, they weren't Yakuza, but boys that wanted to impress Yakuza.

Japanese court system is not the same as the US system. You can say what you want about the results but you're 100% wrong there.
They didn't have anything even vaguely resembling a Jury system until the mid 2000's

He is though. the core difference is that white rurals tend to be poor while black urbans tend to be poor. Both commit the same crime but one guess as to which has a higher population density and therefore gets higher ranks in crime by sheer number.

Japan is more brutal with how easy they hand out death penalty. For better or worse.

Poor capital base, poor income, laughable public infrastructure, poor education, non-existent social services, corrupt law enforcement and a population that wasn't even allowed to own property or go to school until a few years ago.

It's justifiable in the sense that we don't consider a wild animal a criminal for killing a human, and a mentally-ill human acts as a wild animal.
We also think nothing of "putting down" said wild animal. When we do so, it's not out of retribution, but out of simple necessity for human safety.
The contradiction arises when the wild animal is also "human" so suddenly people don't want to kill it.

>Japan's legal system is based on the US mode
Jesus Christ mutt, please stop talking. They are fundamentally different given how Japan adopted Germany's civil law system which is fundamentally based on interpretation instead of being precedent heavy caselaw. The only noteworthy similarities Japanese and American law share can be found in corporate and stock law. You people, unbelievable.

The projection on the right is amazing. While I'm influenced by policy and facts, all the right does is MUH FEELINGS, LOBSTERS, SKIN COLOR, and DEGENERACY buzzwords and then spins the data to fit their world view.

Nice mental gymnastics

eh, Mexicans are closer to whites than blacks. They get a bad rap because of the cartel wars near the border towns, but really us white people in the USA went through basically the same exact thing with the mob and mafia wars during prohibition in the 1920s. I've met a lot of Mexicans that just seem like normal well adjusted people.

>and a population that wasn't even allowed to own property or go to school until a few years ago.

Attached: 0954D787-1A82-4605-9969-6CCD452B382E.jpg (679x382, 56K)

>Leftist faggots always amaze me. They're entirely incapable of looking at facts and are only capable of thinking with emotions. I bet you could do a study and show that people on the far left have low IQs
It's funny you say that

Attached: amygdala.png (1368x1181, 385K)

sgcafe.com/2019/08/kyoto-animation-arsonist-may-found-not-guilty-mental-illness/

>I know facts and logic are foreign concepts to race realists and can look like mental gymnastics but do try harder.

>They're entirely incapable of looking at facts and are only capable of thinking with emotions.

Funny, right-wing faggots tend to believe in imaginary friends in heaven and "god forbids" they shit talk them.

So? It's a good thing. This way we'll get away when we go to Japan and rape a loli. I mean, none of us seriously pretend we're normal healthy people. Why should the court?

Still bad

Attached: 94D785C7-90BC-47E9-A493-E3CBD3B45C6B.jpg (881x862, 86K)

>can't interpret data correctly
>can't even greentext properly
Something tells me this is personal for you.

>Both commit the same crime
Denial ain't just a river in egypt

Crime is just as prevalent in backwater towns or places with poor whites. They're just vastly unreported compared to inner city violence and have a lower population.

I watched Vinland Saga the other day and Thors said that killing is bad so I hope he doesn't get executed

Attached: vinland-saga-is-the-vikings-themed-anime-you-didnt-know-you-needed.jpg (1200x672, 99K)

Fucking retards taking clickbait articles and blowing it up. I thought this board was an ounce better that Yea Forums but in the end you're the same.

Latin America has much richer countries than Balkans/Eastern bloc European countries, some by orders of magnitude, but have orders of magnitude higher rates of murder.

Crime rates have a high heritability index and we have isolated specific genes that predict murder attempts with high accuracy. Easily googleable.

The left THINK shitty countries make shitty people.

The right KNOWS shitty people make shitty countries.

>none of us seriously pretend we're normal healthy people
>Not hiding your power level

Attached: 1505137739616.png (354x378, 140K)

Did you even read it, or the ones that are listed as the source? OP just got the obvious clickbait for more (You)s

As a twin, it's an actual thing. The problem is the case study fails to prove causation.

They wear similar clothing because they're physically similar, and those specific clothes flattered their frame. They ended up in similar jobs because a lot of people end up in similar jobs. They married the same kind of person because their physical chemistry predisposes them to specific tastes.

This isn't useful however; because even if we accept that you could have a "genetic evil"; It can't compete and would die out in our genes. The closest we've come to is psychopathy: A disorder that mostly produces super-competitive individuals mostly because they explicitly work exceed normal humans in positive traits and signaling. This trait is not strongly genetic for that matter.

"Evil" humans appear occasionally, but not as a genetic lineage, rather being defects or anomalies, with few if any genetic markers (Beyond the obvious risk factors of medical history in family)

Revenge is the purest form of justice you limp wristed faggot. stop watching your gay otaku bait dick sucker animes where "IF YOU KILL ME IT MAKES YOU AS BAD AS ME" bullshit is spewed.

Attached: 1530590715841.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

Why are you still here then?

No fuck me, they are three times more dangerous.

That jives with recent research showing that using magnets to deactivate parts of the brain makes someone unable to ascertain risk, have less faith in God and generally makes them more liberal. In other words, leftism is brain damage.

>They get a bad rap because of the cartel wars near the border towns
Fuck off. Go in a city like LA and try to tell me Hispanics aren't part of the major gang problem in America.

>Crime is just as prevalent in backwater towns or places with poor whites. They're just vastly unreported compared to inner city violence and have a lower population.
Any source on that

actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

a person with mental illness cannot do an act with malice for he is not of sound mind

The balkans are also a shithole that was left alone in the wake of the cold war, yet latin america has to bear the brunt of american foreign policy.
So yes, shitty people make shitty countries, but you got the source wrong.

Attached: big brain.png (1828x1482, 1.35M)

Yes, it is. I don't care what causes your behaviour, if it's harmful to me I want you locked up.

In a sense, it's more rational to forgive someone who chooses to commit crime despite being in sound mental health and fully cognizant of the consequences of their actions than someone genetically predisposed to criminal behaviour, because the former can hypothetically be rehabilitated whereas the latter can never be made into a functional person.

Meanwhile Rwanda and Botswana has less than all burgers. Guess it's just an "Anglosphere" culture thing.
Thank God Russia and China is replacing these beasts as world leaders. Not even they can fuck up the world as bad as Anglo culture have.

What an absolutely retarded viewpoint. I’m pretty sure a mentally ill serial killer who enjoys murdering people is acting with malice

it's not. unlike in movies it's rarely used and rarer still for it to work.
this is probably just a hail mary from the state appointed defense lawyer that doesn't have any options.

But you will just become what you hate the most! You will become just like them! You're better than this.