Granbelm

>*27,265 (▼26,321)
How do we save this show and prevent it from being the biggest original anime flop of the season?

Attached: 1563718696186.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

akiba-souken.com/article/40678/
wrongeverytime.com/2019/08/14/summer-2019-week-6-in-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where did it go wrong.

Chibi-mechs.

for me, its the chibi mech proportions
really cant get behind it, even with as cool as the action direction is

Original anime with little promotions, no adaptations, a poorly-written and paced plot, a no-name studio, and little-known staff.

The first episode was kinda badly planned for an intro in my opinion and mots people dropped it there, also and a genre mix that might theoretically work, but not here.
I personally like the show though.

Has the staff ever explained the chibi mechs?

Only talking about myself but there is something about the fights I really dislike and it isn't just the stupid mech design. Something about the battles feels confusing and distracting, I usually don't have these problems with action or mech stuff.

>Original anime with little promotions

Wrong. When this was announced everyone was pretty hype despite chibi mechs being cool and stuff.

When was the last original anime that became totally successful?

Inb4 Madoka

Zombieland Saga?

Free?

I guess Love Live kinda works too.

Zombie Land Saga.

Garupan

Not really. It wasn't promoted very well and even before the show aired you could tell that there wasn't much interest.

you can't fix shit taste

I wish I could put my finger on what annoys me. I like the show but it has issues and they aren't obvious stuff like designs and such, rather something about the pacing I guess? Not just the way things progress but how scenes are done and how they are ordered maybe, something about the battles bores me to death too despite all the flashy action scenes they have. And the angry girl is annoying as fuck. I like what they try to do with her and it's kinda cool, especially because I know people like her from real life, but the shouting is a bit too much, you can make her angry and snobby without making her a nonstop berserker retard I think.

Dumb mech designs, episode 2

Why would you care about sales for original like this?

Because it has no other forms of income apart from merchandise (which doesn't seem to exist) or streaming.

ERNESTAAAAAAAAAAAA

What kind of name is Ernesta anyway? Sounds old-fashioned.

Is this your first babby anime?

Amarnox.

yurishit

But they said that yuri always succeeds and anything without "hetshit" does well

How's your shitty motherfucker anime's shit sales going, haremshitter? An anime about a goat demon girl and her mahou shoujo friend is selling so much better than your shit isekai anime. That one would've been better if it wasn't for that shitstain son.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Machikado Mazoku - 04 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.02_[2019.08.01_23.50.10].jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

YOI

Wataten and Endro sold so much better than Kotobuki despite the lack of shit pricks and hetshit. Your point?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - Special [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_07.03_[2 (1280x720, 181K)

wtf are you saying nigger

Dumb yuri-hating tripfag.

I like the show, I think it's underrated and the threads are great; but I still wouldn't call it good.

A big issue is that the show doesn't really have it's own identity. It feels really derivative, the only thing that make it stands out and that it will be remembered for is the chibi mecha.
Other than that we have gone through 6 episodes, and what happened so far? What did we learn?

-There is a battle royale happening to become ZA UICCHI
-Britbong girl got eliminated
-Neene-ne got eliminated
-Anna is crazy (and will predictably job next episode, which is a shame since she's carrying the show)

Just there isn't much.

terrible writing that gives the viewer no reason to be invested in anything, boring characters

>yurishit
>flopping
like clockwork

Attached: 6A7B4FBF-613B-40EC-B8AC-92F728B0C9F1.gif (500x361, 683K)

Based and /m/pilled.

Attached: 1444066997705.png (960x720, 534K)

>Seething Gundamfag/hetfag
>Posting guys from the same anime studio that made a highly successful het-free all-girls series
Now that's clockwork, dumbass.

Attached: ab5.gif (500x354, 259K)

Nice thighs
I'll give this one a chance

The best LL doujins are het doujins, you nigger.

>Endro sold so much better than Kotobuki
Not true. Kotobuki's first volume sold more than 2,000, Endro sold less than 1,500.

>the only thing that make it stands out and that it will be remembered for is the chibi mecha
What about the music?

>fat bald ugly old man ad infinitum
maybe they are if you're into ntr, user

>The best LL doujins are het doujins

Nope.

correlation=/=causation

>Mahou Shoujo mecha is dead

I blame Madoka for this shit.

>Kotobuki
>GuP with plane girls and useless pricks
>Flopped
It's like the GuP director got assfucked by the LWA director and thought that a LWA version of GuP would sell a lot

It's fine I guess, but I didn't really notice it one way or the other.

Not him, but the success of LL has nothing to do with the /u/ content of the show.

>salesniggers

G*rman

They attract the wrong audience like pic related.

Attached: 1565355245360.jpg (800x1275, 163K)

Good yurishit should flop

They were trying to attract with girls for godsakes not male yuri fans.

Nowhere, patience faggots.
Ep 5 and 6 brought lots of word of mouth, madoka was doing shitly until half way in.
Fuck you.

Attached: Granbelm-.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

>hetshitter posting a gif of a guy who cucked himself of a cute girl
Pot meet kettle.

Attached: I came to laugh at you.png (512x496, 576K)

Harem and Isekai flop more than Yurishit. Your opinion is straight garbage.

How did your Kemono Friends S2 do? We didn't even know Kyururu was a guy until long after the show finished and the sales were already out, right? So we didn't even know he was a "prick" at the time.

Also, how come Kyuuketsuki-san flopped even harder than any of the shows you've brought up, despite the fact that there wasn't a single relevant male character in that show?

the only successful yuri was yuri on ice lol

>192010939
Rent free

Attached: 1565887192493.jpg (385x353, 30K)

>Granbelm threads have been infected with prickposter (or perhaps an impostor)
What went wrong?

Explain how Kemurikusa sold much better than KF2 or Wataten despite the fact that Kemurikusa's MC was a male and it ended with a het end.

Go toubun didn't flop and is getting a second season. Kaguya didn't either
>Isekai
I don't care about that trash

Yeah we know it's you, Heerofag.

>192011054
Cope

Attached: 1565871181101.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Despite being a yurishit show I wanted it to success because I like it, especially the mechas. Fuck Japan.

Threads are typically good when a new episode just aired and there's new stuff to discuss. Otherwise it's just bored shitposters doing their shit. This applies to just about any seasonal animu.

Better than my explanation so far, yes this.
Anna is the only thing that sets the series apart from a million others but we all know she will leave soon and blue will be the big baddie.
Also they don't really try to add any mystery to it. I know there will be some twisty twist about the battles (and probably something we have already seen) but so far it's just a magical battle royale and not many question are asked and people who should know more about it don't seem to care either and there is no one else introducing them or anything, not actual villain, counter force or trustworthy or non trustworthy higher up, basically it's just these girls and even though the battles are a big thing for mage families we never really hear the others' thoughts on this.

>6 episodes in
>almost nothing has happened
>we know little to nothing about any of the characters' motives except for eternal JC who was disqualified
>there is absolutely nothing compelling about MC
Fuck everyone complaining about the SD mechs, though.

wataten was so fucking bad holy shit no wonder why it was a fucking failure

>hates isekai while watching romcomshit
Kill yourself Yea Forumsermin

have sex

Imagine letting prickposter live inside your head.

Cope yurittanny

Really sad, this is by far the most visually stunning anime of the season and easily top 5 overall of the season, anyone knows how futaba is reaction to it? I assumed it was going to be one of those shows with tons of fanart and memes.

This, a wasted potential.

Anti-prickposter still hasn't explained why Uma Musume is dead despite being the top seller of its season despite the male trainer. Inb4 the game is just delayed.

Attached: 1565859331228.jpg (1024x768, 215K)

>All this bait
Please someone bake another thread for tomorrow. Now to bite the bait usuallt one wants a serie to sell well and get another season but I'm fine with just a cour, the story will be pretty centralized anyways, and what do you gain by saying that it's a flop? Do you work on the studio and aren't getting paid? You work on the anime stocks and see what's up and what's down? Jist enjoy the ride you asshole.
>Granbelm thread
It's not that. He made the thread to shit on it based on the sales and doing his usual clown act, with the usual people replying to him or just samefagging. Cross ypur fingers tomorrow thread isn't like this one.

Normies hate mecha this isn't new here.

It's not dead though, the franchise is still going on. The game not being released has less to do with the trainer and probably has more to do with the horse rights.

This. It was never a granbelm thread, but another salesfag looking for a new target.

So it is dead.

The game has been delayed but the manga, idol activities, and Virtual YouTuber stuff are all still ongoing. That's far from dead. If you want to see a dead franchise, go look at Akanesasu Shoujo.

don't need to. based infinite will still continue making this kind of show

>Studio wants to make more Yuri

Fuck yes.

>yurishit
>relevant in 2019
my fucking sides

Attached: 2E5F0C79-6AC4-4E1F-BE91-A342143EC4C5.gif (458x260, 489K)

Is that you Aidor/u/fag? Still seething that you got cucked out of a general thread twice in a row?

>Heerofag sees a yurifag using a K-On gif
>Counters it with a K-On gif
Let me return the favor.
My fucking sides

Attached: b10.png (640x480, 1.18M)

>How do we save this show
It cannot be done.

Maybe if LWA was just like the anime where your gif came from. it would have gotten a second season this year.

Attached: Tfw she unironically thinks a Idolmaster wannabe is better than K-On.gif (458x260, 700K)

>Hetshitters using gifs from yuri-friendly shows
>in 2010+9
My fucking sides are in the orbit.

Attached: TpIluCr.gif (500x620, 524K)

>thread is only alive because of prickposter not taking his pills
this show is officially dead

>tomorrow
The anime is airing in just over 12 hours though.

By this

Attached: 66b9a43533fa828b3b29bf3ff31f4134960a5a6f.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

>thread with salesfaggotry in the OP
Nope, fuck off and kill yourself.
Shame on all 29 of you and however many of you are desperately samefagging.

I think the pacing is off for sure. It just sort of feels like nothing is really happening other that annoying redhead bitch screaming all the time. And all the characters seem like they are easy too easy to know exactly what kind of character they are after you've seen them for 15 seconds. Hopefully it throws some curve balls to break up the monotony of it. That's all I can really think of. The fights aren't terrible. The one before last was just a scream to win fight. Looked like YuYuYu with her screaming like that.

Someone on /m/ raised a good point that practically every scene has been directly about the plot, so characterization besides how characters relate to the tournament is very lacking.

Do Japanese girls even watch Mecha anime, let alone if there's no BL?

Do your cumbrain measures a shows success by doujin count ?

Wow what a stupid faggot
There's like countless Love live Yuri doujin

>There's like countless Love live Yuri doujin
[citation needed]

Doujins are the only thing that matters though.

Wataten is a huge hit you imbecile

source?

yuri

This, dropped it immediately when I saw the mech designs.

How yuri is this show?

>tfw wataten did well but uzamaid didnt
fuck I liked both shows, but I really enjoyed uzamaid

>Do Japanese girls even watch Mecha anime

Yes they do.

80% percent of yuri.

I wish this show was more popular, it had more potential.

Shouldn't have gone with SD-mechs

SD-mechs are terrible, hell no.

user?

It's a good point though.

what?

Attached: chthonic.jpg (750x725, 54K)

What an autistic looking dog.

I see..

>Uzamaid and HSL are supposed to be /ll/
>Have self-insert dad. too many males, and hetshit
>Both flopped
>Wataten never had any of those
>Sold well
Uzamaid made the mistake of having that human turd known as the self-insert dad. Same with HSL and its too many males and hetshit problems. Wataten never had them which is why it sold more than Uzamaid and HSL.

Thread is only alive because gookmoot hires retards to be mods and janitors.

Stop fapping to old men

I really liked wataten is comfy but uzamaid is comedy gold too bad macho abs killed it

Stop bumping and let this shitty thread die.

1. Chibi mechs don't look like cold war machines, to underline that this is not a war anime, but more of a character drama.
2. Because there's more pilot individuality in a chibi mech design.
3. To try to reduce animation workload (this was not outright said anywhere, but the chief producer also worked on Regalia and knows full well that 2D mecha is nearly impossible these days if you're not Sunrise). It didn't quite work out as planned since chibi mechs presented their own challenges, fight choreography is very different from classic mecha.
4. Most importantly, this is a project conceived by people whose childhood was made by Mashin Eiyuden Wataru, Haou Taikei Ryu Knight, and other SD mecha shows that were considered very cool at the time. This is especially true for the producer and the mecha designer.

Source: various interviews like this one akiba-souken.com/article/40678/

It's pretty sad that the show is flopping, there was so much love put into it, the production was incredibly strong, it's my favorite of the season. Guess it helps that I'm an SRW dork and a bit of a kankeisei otaku.

Attached: 1564780307838.jpg (4082x5935, 1.8M)

Google winter sale chart

Yuri on Ice unironically.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 2.47.37 AM.png (1310x323, 107K)

You speak as if OP and the discord gang are going to let it die. Watch as it repeatedly gets page 10 bumps throughout the day.

>Really sad, this is by far the most visually stunning anime of the season and easily top 5 overall of the season
I thought the same with Flip Flappers and yet it only sold 747 BDs on average which is just fucking baffling.

>madoka was doing shitly until half way in
Madoka was overhyped from the beginning because, intentionally or not, all of the main staff was leaked and we knew it's gonna be Urobutcher writing it. He may have not done much anime yet at that point, but that was all the more hype-inducing.

While nobody could have known it would become quite this legendary, its success was guaranteed long before the anime started airing.

Compared to this, Granbelm is unfortunately made by a bunch of nobodies unless you follow kirara adaptations and girls-in-robots shows as your passion. Which I personally do, but that only proves it was doomed from the start no matter how good it would be - and it's pretty darn fun.

Ironically enough, both Madoka and Granbelm borrow heavily from Kamen Rider Ryuki, which was confirmed officially in both cases. Brilliant season, especially for its time, being only a third iteration of Heisei reboot riders.

Attached: EA3PnC-VUAAeLD2.jpg (1280x800, 60K)

Timezones.

>Akanesasu Shoujo
Damn I'm so sad that the anime ended up being as poorly produced as it was. It was clear that at some point the franchise producers had big plans for it and put a lot of resources in, and yet it was all destroyed by the anime. Even the gachashit game, while average, was definitely not bad.

At least we have the amazing soundtrack. Outside of being Sliders: the animated series, it was all worth it just for the music. Kohta Yamamoto is arguably the second coming of Sawano.

Also, fuck whoever was subbing the show into English, I pity those who had to suffer that unintelligible mess, it definitely didn't help in this side of the world.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Akanesasu Shoujo - 10 [1080p].mkv_00_10_05.189.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

To add to the chibi design thing, yes, they also did that to attract girls as well who generally aren't that into classic mecha. That was also in some interview, iirc.

I wonder if the BD sales blog guy bought half of those.

I mean, I loved it too, but he's on another level.

Tatsuki worshippers

Everyone wanted the underdog to win.

It was all the more painful the (under)dog in KF2 got the treatment that it did.

What a shit thread.

It's ok bro, I'm sure banpresto would love a little piece of madoka for their next game. idk though if its tournament arc story carries well into a crossover game.

>Chibi mechs
Why do people keep saying that when this is obviously an adaptation of Samurai Pizza Cats?

Considering Wataru and Ryu Knight are in SRW it's not impossible that Granbelm could eventually make it in, but I don't see it being too likely outside of X-O, and that doesn't count.

That said, Banpresto gives very little shit about anything that's not X-O (even DD which is also a mobage is clearly not getting enough development resources), I'm not too sure about the future of mainline SRW in general.

How the bloody hell did ninjas get turned into samurais? Damn you, Saban.

The show was fun despite having no production values. The last episode was legitimately kino.

They got Oonuma Shin to direct the first half of that episode, after all (I'm not sure what exactly was responsible for the entire second half being just a few static images, though... that was sad).

I mean, it was the one show that season that I kept watching every week so I liked it a lot, but it's still disappointing how it was affected so much by production issues. There was not a single on-model shot outside of the OP in the entire show, despite little animation, and some episodes were especially shoddy like ep. 2. Likely borked schedule aside, I think they made more detailed character designs than they could've handled.

Attached: 1543257514958.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

Anniversary projects are cursed

What was wrong with the anime's production?

i-is this a shoop?

Time loop.

Most of the show looked kinda like this. It's hard to represent it with screenshots, but every scene was off-model - differently off-model compared to each other - and there was hardly any animation to speak of. Towards the end some very fishy cut and paste tricks were used to simulate animation. I don't have any gifs at hand, though.

However the CG battles were great and it kinda makes me wish they just made the entire thing in CG.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Akanesasu Shoujo - 04 [1080p].mkv_00_01_16.536.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

They want everything to be movie quality or it's shit, retarded Yea Forumseddit

First ep, first minute.

>a poorly-written and paced plot

Bwahahaha, please don't embarrass yourself

This has by far the best multi-opponent mech battles in a long time that could have easily be an incomprehensible Tomino-esque battle

>so characterization besides how characters relate to the tournament is very lacking.

wrongeverytime.com/2019/08/14/summer-2019-week-6-in-review/

>On the other hand, Shingetsu and Mangetsu’s conversations about the difficult compromises of living at the end was absolute fire, and some of the sharpest dialogue of the series so far. Each of them have clear and well-illustrated reasons for lacking self-worth, and each of them are able to articulate their insecurities in piercing, universally resonant language. Given the rapid pace with which we’ve run through active contenders, I’m guessing the actual Granbelm competition will only be occupying a portion of this show’s runtime – and I’m eager to see where all this “striving for a better self” philosophizing ultimately goes.

I grant you that Anna can be one-note

>I grant you that Anna can be one-note
No, she completely curbs her outward anger last ep.
She even accepted ernesta's give up speech.
She's grown her barbaric hatred into a purer sociopath hatred.

Got any examples? What do they watch aside from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Code Geass?

The new zoids, shinkalion, precure has mechas.

Buy the Blu-Rays

>Kohta Yamamoto is arguably the second coming of Sawano
You have my attention. I'll have to check out the osts this guy has done.

you know, I was worried for a minute that you had skipped the ed and didn't see what lay in store there.

we don't
granbelm is garbage

/thread

Unironically Gundam.

There is no stakes. There is is no emotional connection and the characters are just going along the flow.

All of the character had a pretty deep emotional reason to fight though, I think that the girls actually dying when they die it would had been more impactful but the current setting isn't half bad, and in any case Ernesta is trying to to stop the "going along the flow" factor.

>bringing saleniggers into the threads
Kill yourself OP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Attached: 1565379673472.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

This show killed itself the moment it had hetshit episodes, too many dicks especially that lost brother, and the MC was a brocon.

It's the same reason why Kotobuki flopped too.

>Create interesting original anime does poor to mediocre in sales and the only thing that lives on is a gacha game

>YuYuYu
>Toji No Miko
>PriPri
>Kotobuki
>probably more i'm forgetting

Granbelm doesn't even have a Gacha although it seems like a story suited for one. Hopefully there are at least mech models because I like the designs.

>Kotobuki
Hopefully its mobage is het/male-free

Yuyuyu did the best out of the back at least

Episode is out

Good lord, no one bother watching this live

>When was the last original anime that became totally successful?

Most recent must be Zombieland Saga

God... that truck scene in the opening is what sold me

Why are you posting in this thread? Are you actually retarded?