I feel like we could have fixed it with modern science...

I feel like we could have fixed it with modern science, so why couldn't they fix it with the semi futuristic science that one piece has?

Attached: Going_Merry_Infobox.png (775x606, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Enel's_Great_Space_Operations
doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Furoshiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are building ships out of wood, they don't have futuristic science. They just happen to have some fantasy materials that can create some futuristic objects like low-tech elevators, but on the whole the society is very behind in certain areas, which is not surprising when many islands are poor subsistence farmers who can only barely do that with the limited available land.

I feel like the world and it's technology was far more advanced during the void century, but was lost afterwards. Look at the Moon and how everything there ran on electricity, Vegapunk is only rediscovering lost technology.

Attached: thinking.png (696x720, 239K)

Franky and the Gallery La shipwrights wouldn't have been able to fix it at that point unless Vegapunk showed up out of nowhere to help

Because nobody in Water Seven had the technology to even think about fixing it and that ship sure as fuck wasn't going to make it anywhere that did.

I would've rather fucking drowned with my dear Merry than dropping it for another ship.

It’s been years Usopp, get the fuck over it

That's an awful position for a ships only canon.

Merry had three cannons, one in the front and two on the sides.

Attached: One-Piece-Main-Ship-1024x772.jpg (1024x772, 138K)

I can't believe how they did that.

You cant un-break the ship's "spine". Its made of wood and no matter how you reinforce it with the tools available at the time, the stress would just eventually break it again and sink it.
The Galley La shipwrites even told them they could replace the keel but at that point it isnt even the Merry anymore, it just looks the same.
Also look up the ship of theseus, the thought experiment is kind of on the same vein as this issue.

Shipwrights*
Kms.

>the moon had ultra high tech and everything ran on electricity
when was this stated? I only watch the anime fully caught up on sub, but shit prior to time skip is spotty memory wise.

Enel had a series of cover stories about his adventures on the moon, that the anime never adapted.

onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Enel's_Great_Space_Operations

Should have fed the ship a devil fruit so it could grow and heal itself

They can’t rebuilt it, they don’t have the technology
Worse
Weaker
Slower

This, if you replace the broken part it's not the same boat.

Because Oda is a hack and had to do it for melodrama

Admit it. You still cried.

>I feel like we could have fixed it with modern science
Even with modern science, there's a limit of how much you can patch a wooden object. We have computers and satellites, but we can't fix our buildings and vehicles forever. Not to mention that, since the Industrial Revolution, we're more focused into mass producing disposable crap.

Now the ship can't swim
Good work

Its a fucking ship that can easily be replaced. You just got swept up by the crew's monologues. You were told to cry and you did like a fucking robot.

oh come on, the fucking ship found them by itself and its spirit spoke to them, it was good shit

It was forced as fuck. Literally manufactured for the sake of the episode and drama

Ship's spirit was set up in Skypiea.

still not a ship that could be replaced just like that

the ship is old it self, then there is the fact you cant patch work that ship back to life. It would be like trying to replace your spine with a new one which is impossible to do.

The middle bottom wood beam thingy was damaged, once that is damaged all the other wood beams that connect to it have to he replaced. There are no two pieces of wood alike. I think this was explained in the manga.

>episode
>not reading the manga like an adult

Unless you had some sort of time cloth lying around then sorry user. I remember the anime also touched upon this, Kaku said he could replace the mast but then the ship wouldn't feel the same anymore or some shit.
doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Furoshiki

>I am a contrarian faggot arguing for the sake of arguing. Omg I'm so based

Go back to SnK