Why is it so hard to find certain fansubs

Okay Yea Forums, I've been at my wit's fucking end trying to find a specific fansub. In this case its the Black Order fansubs for TTGL episodes 15-19. I know it fucking exists because of AniDB (and its also the highest rated sub for it by far, and rightfully so) and all the dead torrents I've seen, but it seems absolutely impossible to find this specific set. People always pair some other group's shitty fansub with it in a horrible pack where words are inconsistent, speech patterns and styles are completely different and just ends up being a clusterfuck.

Does anyone know where I can find these? Its like these specific episodes were lost to time which is really fucking frustrating since they're basically the climax episodes to the first season from what's generally considered to be the best fansub for this anime

I've been scouring the internet for days and even tried hardsubbing some random's .ass files myself because it sounded like it would be close, but it had that gay "team gurren" shit in there instead of the gurren brigade. At this point I'd be happy with just the fucking subtitle files.

Attached: TTGL_wallpaper_by_ClaireySmiley.jpg (900x674, 73K)

Bump because I'm desperate and not gonna give up so easily

what exactly are you after? could you be specific?
have you trued the /wsr/ board?

Dubs of truth

from what i've come across those subs are fucking ancient and also come from .avi's meaning they are hardsubs and not softsubs. if those torrents are all dead, they are really gone.

user I got you. I have 15-19 in my laptop and can give them to you. You're a man of good taste in subs and deserve this. It's 2 am here in krakow though and Im going to sleep.

isn't there an old anime thread on /t/? maybe an oldfag there could help?
otherwise it's possible one of the old shitty streamers used it as their source?

I have tried /wsr/ no apparent luck
I'm looking for the [Order]/Black-Order subbed episodes of 15-19 of TTGL.
Here's an image of dead torrents of the kind of stuff I'm looking for, for reference.
Those episodes seem to always be missing from all the packs that are still alive.

Here's hoping someone somewhere has it then... That's really fucking shit if its true, there has to be *some* autistic archivist who got them, right?

Attached: gQv2biU[1].png (1730x362, 92K)

if they match a nyaa torrent you could seed for OP?

Thank you user,I hope you have a good rest (Assuming you're not BSing me but even if you are, thanks for the compliment I suppose). Is there any place I can look for them when you could share, or any way to contact you?
I would feel bad about keeping this thread alive until tomorrow, but I'm really fucking desperate for these to the point where I honestly would.

I dont know how to set all that up because Im a filthy leecher but yeah sure, if you explain me how to do it I could do it for you.

send me a message whoever you are to my gmail, preferrably now so I know who you are. the email is 3dpirana.

Just sent it, thank you so so so SO much user, you are an absolute hero.

Just watch BSS you nigger.

just download a torrent and point it at the folder with the files if they match then it'll be simple

Fuck that
I'll watch them for the episodes that Order didn't handle since they seem to generally be considered the second best and by extension the only real option for the final part
I don't want my experience cheapened, or god forbid even ruined with the wrong subs

The ancient downloads I happened to have in my oldest HDD stop with Black Order just at ep15 and then switch to BSS for the rest. Sorry.

I gt the email. Also I know what you mean - reading "Team Gurren" and some other lines just does not feel right. I can be even tricked to believe the low quality f the original videos adds to the experience.

So you do still have episode 15 from Order then?
I'd still happily ask for just the one episode if you do
Either way though even if you don't, thank you for the effort regardless user

No, sorry, I worded it bad. Order stops at 14 and then from 15 onwards it's BSS.

And as that other user stated, the Black Order subs are hardcoded into the video while the BSS ones are not.

oi oi simon, ore wo dare ya tomo te yaru

no worries, i got you aniki :)

Attached: foto.jpg (2000x1500, 1.51M)

Are you me user? I feel the exact same way, though supposedly there might be an actual reason in this case
This is just based off a random post I saw but supposedly the video sources for the Black Order ones were higher quality than the upscales you see today
And yeah its just a combination of all those little things coming together
"Ganmen" sounding much cooler compared to "Gunmen" which sounds sterilized
Giga Drill Breaker is better than Giga Drill Break
"Teppelin" just feels wrong compared to "Tepperin" and so on

oof, I had forgotten about Giga Drill Break. Another thing that triggers me so much, is to see some subs that throw the "Giga Drill Break" all in one line. Eliminates all the fucking anticipation of seeing the characters slowly build up to the big finisher. Jesus they fucked it up.

Anyways yeah i got them all, I'll give them to you tomorrow ^^

Attached: foto2.jpg (2000x2271, 2.15M)

>there has to be *some* autistic archivist who got them, right?
Seeding in a bit.
Gimme a minute to fix this stupid padding bullshit.

Attached: autism.png (949x144, 33K)

Beat me to it. I know I had them, but it was a few desktops back that I last saw the files. They're on some harddrive in a box somewhere.

It just so happens that I've been working on sorting old files for... around a month now (3TB of unsorted music, doujinshi, all the other glorious garbage), so I had a very good idea of where I might have them.
Seeding (15-19 [Order]) now for a bit.

Excellent, I can hardly wait.
And yes. It seems like only Black Order (and BSS to an adequate extent) were the only ones who cared enough to really put their efforts and care towards subbing this anime. Pleasant fonts with nice timings and flourishes, translations full of heart and style without feeling like it fucks anything up, its kinda sad that so few bothered, considering. I really do love this anime to death and I really could not stomach it without getting it in the absolute best way I possibly could
Oh wonderful, thank you so much user
Should I be looking at the Order+BSS-user pack torrent then?

Honestly I didn't expect to find this much help, its been a nightmare on my own trying to find this shit, thank all of you anons so very much for all your help

>Should I be looking at the Order+BSS-user pack torrent then?
Yep. Let me know if you need others, don't know if I have them all, but I can check.

still wondering if anyone's ever made a splice of the best parts of the 2nd movie with the anti spiral arc, like including the initial building of the new city and Nia's letters to Kamina and of course the STTGL sequence (with Jorgun, Balinbow, and others edited out since their deaths were impactful in my opinion and worth keeping that way). basically tweaking some of the earlier episodes in that arc as well as the finale

I appreciate it very much user
I should be good, but if it wouldn't be a hassle if you could include those BSS episodes that'd be nice
I feel like anything involving BSS is a little confusing, I've seen 4 different groups/people that all look very similar and I'm not sure if they all sub/translate the same (BSS,SS-BSS, BSS-user, and SS-user) for TTGL and it seems like it'd be a pain to check them all

Attached: L3PlvCA[1].png (906x631, 284K)

Oh shit, finally
I'm fucking dumbfounded
Thank you so so so much user. All this effort was worth it in the end. Time to have an intense night watching all these and reliving those magical days from years ago once more
I won't forget this

Attached: SXLHdo1[1].png (688x229, 77K)

>a little confusing
Yeah... those were some fun days. I'll see if I can get the BSS eps up.

Attached: sortingClusterfuck.png (1079x594, 403K)

Also, god dammit, I wish I had my old images sorted (haven't gotten around to that yet), that one "Anons draw a gaijin4koma panel recap of each episode" image is legendary.

Attached: 1295772862508.png (936x3168, 303K)

I'll seed this torrent until I'm dead, or, if by some miracle, a better version appears.

What a lad

I remember when BBS user would post their softsubs within two hours of the episode airing.

Sometimes i wonder if there are places on the internet with all those old as fuck fansubs, i'm talking mai-hime and earlier.

Is there someome somewhere hoarding piles of old as shit vhs full of pirated anime?

There are several someones, for sure. How many people just in this thread said they had this obscure group's hardsubs on an old hard drive at this random time of day? Guarantee there's some old school otaku with the classics on VHS boxed up in their basement.

Attached: 1542347697480.png (1366x768, 1.05M)

I'm glad that you were able to find what you were looking for OP
Now I'm just trying to download this fucker