How could any Fate fanboy still like Jeanne D'arc after this absolute butchering of her character in her first major...

How could any Fate fanboy still like Jeanne D'arc after this absolute butchering of her character in her first major animated appearance?

Attached: 14114541679854115.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/eTo0aHp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jeanne was shit, and she's basically just pure 100% waifubait.
I honestly prefer FGO's OC-Donut Steel Jeanne Alter, because at least she has enough of a smart mouth to remind me of historical Jeanne.

Presumably they could still like the non-butchered versions, but given that they're braindead enough to fate in the first place, it's hard to predict that they'll do.

i want her shelf on my shelf so bad, bros

Attached: 003d97a9c31641debe603ca5fcbd12df.jpg (350x350, 26K)

>Sieg enabler
Shame..

Wasnt Jeanne a pseudo servant in apocrypha? So technically it was not her.

It was her personality, mostly. And FGO confirmed it was basically her personality.
So she's just waifubait.

Get out the way the only good servants in Apocrypha coming through.

Attached: 1564281629868.jpg (843x948, 55K)

Mordred was pretty cool, as was Chiron. Vlad was good up until he was forced to go crazy.

>watching fate
user...

I swear the master forcing your servant to commit suicide/something stupid is by far the most bullshit reason for taking a servant out in any Fate story.

Atalanta is a retard, but well Jack's curse plays a role in her retarded action. Achilles is based though.
Also where's my man Chiron? He's such an underated character. Best sensei

Atalanta is like a crazy cat woman in reverse where she would adopt any child off the street due to her autistic obsession of wanting children to always have a good life.

onlysomething ahxh or/v/fag wpuldpointout

she's so perfect bros

>best sensei
no

Attached: scathach.png (718x928, 596K)

Apocrypha makes me sad because you can see how much potential it had but they still fucked it up

Apocrypha had a fucked history can you imagine if they actually went through with the MMO idea? The LN is also not very good as well but the anime then removes shit that makes the story even worse.

She only serves to talk about how powerful she is and then to be humiliated to the Cu

Attached: 1234689921.jpg (1600x1172, 607K)

she has never lost in a fair fight to cu chuleinn

yeah at a certain point, they should've scrapped the whole story, Sieg was clearly written as a self insert, should've just went wild with it since there aren't any of the limitations that an MMO would have

Was Semiramis the only servant she could've lost a 1v1 to?

Attached: previewfile_1255586680.jpg (991x991, 572K)

Achiles would BTFO
Karna would BTFO
Chiron is hard to say
jeanne could get a mutual death

I found this comment about the adaptation:

Anonimo ha chiesto: Now that Apocrypha has finished what you think of the adaptation? What scenes of LN would you like to have in the anime?

Honestly, I’m torn.

As an adaptation is pretty bad, no doubt. Incredibly rushed (25/27 mostly worked for Zero and UBW because of the smaller cast), the amount of characters done dirty is infuriating and things that could’ve been fixed not only weren’t but got worse.

But at the same time I’m also glad we got it? It’s better than nothing, especially with the novels translation limbo.

Even if following it week to week made me notice more some “meh” things I previously didn’t and watching the story from start to finish made me redact for worse my previous mostly positive opinion of the original work.

But the acting is great, I like the OST and it also has moments/potential and characters I love/loved more than those in the most praised Fate works so, yeah, I’m torn.

I’ll say a overall 6.5/10, with moments of 15/10 and some of -20/10 + flipped bird.

As for LN scenes I wanted? Strap in, that’s a long list.

Jeanne various smaller fights and moments of military competence which simply disappeared from the anime for some unfathomable reason. I cannot comprehend what possessed them to animate her fighting Spartacus in ep 1 and then have her being almost helpless when the right episode/timeline arrived. No way to fit 32 seconds of already animated content in the episode? It’s like they were scared of showing her being a competent warrior.

the vs Vlad debate. Such a shame, and it was important to explain the deal with Ruler class and wishes.

Her quirks/little nods which would’ve gave her a more distinct personality and more importantly her scenes at the Trifas church/her relationship with Alma. Who’s a extremely minor character but instrumental for what’s probably my favourite moment of Fate!Jeanne. Which, of course, is gone.

Semiramis backstory + the Throne scene (deception, disgrace for the lack of it!) and the confrontation with Karna in front of the former Red Masters. Now, if I could, I’d have kept all her scenes, but those three were the most important for her character.

Achilles flashback of Peleus telling of Atalanta’s deeds (which perhaps I’d put before ep 22) and Penthesilea’s scene and curse. Put the tears on the Servant who shed them during the final moments, and that Servant wasn’t Atalanta.

His duel with Shirou and the confrontation with Shakespeare.

Those scenes that better explained Atalanta’s deal with children and her willing descent into madness out of guilt. It was good stuff, damn. Less cameos all over the place and more introspection for the characters we should get to know.

Karna’s faith debate with Vlad and the scene with Semiramis.

something like a good 70% of the third volume is just gone. It was full of dreams/flashbacks and characterisation for almost everyone. And then, puff. Sod off, A1.

Mordred and Kairi’s discussion on the car in vol4. What we got in ep23 isn’t really comparable.

Shimabara/the Hara fire. Period. It was the right call to stay vague in ep7, but after the identity revelation that part should have been adapted.

the entirely of vol3 prologue, aka the end of Fuyuki 3rd HGW (getting the summoning and the Einzbern reasoning for it was probably a pipe dream), Risei and the adoption, the years in the Church while still looking for the Grail/preparing and -even if it was only in the Material book- the search for Semiramis catalyst and their first meeting. I know it’s a lot of stuff but 1. he’s the damn main antagonist, give him his depth and backstory and 2. most of this could’ve been shown as a silent montage or with a couple or two of dialogues. Why is he called Kotomine in the anime? Who even knows.

The anime butchered the only good scene Jeanne had in the LN. The conversation with Vlad explaining the differences in their faiths and beliefs. Guess pandering romcom shit was much more important

the contraposition of the “the world is beautiful and there is hope” and “the world is ugly and will surely rot” monologues.

the Grail diving scene faithfully adapted, and surely not with some random zombies. It was truly so impossible design three people? Why freaking randos and not this:

His father, mother, older sister and his massacred thirty-seven thousand followers tried to stop him.

“Listen to us,” they said. Their voices called out to Shirou from behind.

—You’ll feel a bit better if you stop. So stop. And please listen to us.

He rejected those words of sympathy. He denied the invitation to halt and come to a standstill. He blocked his hears so as not to hear them.

He had assumed that such voices temptation would bombard him. If I waver here, your deaths will be for nothing. With that thought, he shook them off.

There was no way that it wasn’t painful and sorrowful for him.

Next, in place of the massacred behind him, their killers appeared before him. The strong who devoured the weak countless times throughout history. Using the shaky reason that we and they are different, they continued to kill other people.

They whispered to him with faint smiles.“What’s wrong? We killed them, you know? Your father, mother, comrades; we killed, killed and killed them all. Don’t you hate us?”

The people behind him shouted out in sorrow and anger.

“They killed us. So please, kill them in retribution! Avenge us so that our souls can rest!”

Shirou remained silent. He didn’t open his clenched fists. If he did—he felt like he would spit out something at the same time.

Of course he hated them. Of course he felt anger. He wanted to rip those smiles off their faces, stop their breathing and crush their hearts.

But—he had thrown away his sorrow and rage. He had decided that he wouldn’t fight to give peace to the souls of his comrades, but to save everything instead.

raise fist at A1 direction.

the anime is not canon

Attached: 1565844628221.png (589x1301, 1.07M)

Jeanne being a yurifiend is also not canon.

Fate/Apocrypha - Raw chap 34:

imgur.com/a/eTo0aHp

Attached: gKox41B.jpg (1114x1600, 673K)

Because you ignore the anime adaptation and read the LN/Manga instead.
Fuck Sieg

its definitely canon

I hate Sieg as a character but i will infinitely adore him for the amount of ass devastation he caused to waifutards and other human garbage.

YOU DISPLAY ANGER JEANNEFAG
IS IT BECAUSE SIEG TAINTED THE PURITY OF YOUR WAIFU?

Attached: (you).jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>Fuck Sieg
She did, repeatedly.

Attached: 1544937946867.jpg (800x574, 52K)

Jeanne a shit, best Fate girl is pic-related.
Sieg makes every character he interacts with worse and more boring.

Attached: Behold, the noble tiger's mating dance.webm (640x360, 265K)

He's boring as shit and wasted whatever potential Siegfried would have.

you mean sakura?

No

Attached: A cute Tiger.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

even waver didn't want her

Waver wants a bear of a man, I don't think he has great taste in women specifically.

When Astolfo activates Akielles Kosmos you actually see Penthesilea however Achilles really lost some other things like him crying over Atlanta’s corpse and his fear of actually fighting Chiron.

I missed this

you don't understand
waver is still a virgin. And even then he chose to not bang taiga when she was throwing herself at him

Because he wants to be be banged by Broskander.

What about the scene where Shakespeare breaks Jeanne? In the anime she breaks over Sieg yet in the LN she breaks over what Gilles became. The anime makes it better since he slowly turns into Coolman but loses the impact since muh sieg.

Excuse me... you seem to be mistaken.

Attached: Vlad3.png (512x724, 408K)

I bet Jeanne has a Jalter figure. I'll bet Jeanne has all the Jalter figures.

Because I don't pay any attention to the stories and just think she's pretty.

Ok. Who is the worse MC? Hakuno (male) from Last Encore or Sieg?
Im really scared Fatebros. They cant make Gudao another self-insert, can they?

Attached: EAhtXLpVUAA1lUJ.jpg (924x1362, 235K)

Can I just say how based Shakespeare is? The motherfucker gets summoned to fight in a war and all he does is write because he has more time now.

God I want to hug her so fucking bad.

>I bet Gilles has a Jalter figure. I'll bet Gilles has all the Jalter figures.
FTFY

Attached: EAhtXL7VAAELrqU.jpg (924x1362, 248K)

Gudao started off as a self-insert. He just developed a personality the longer FGO went on.

Attached: EAhtXLqVAAAP2sn.jpg (924x1362, 252K)

The only way Babylonia will be saved is if they make Gudao say all the comedic lines otherwise we are fucked.

Type-Moon treats Gudao as the serious one and Gudako as the fun one. Gudao will never say or do anything fun.

Ironically, he's the servant who won the war from the start. He just wants to write an interesting story and we all know holy grail war is a perfect material for a writer like him

SHUT UP

Attached: 815377F0-2914-47C8-9301-B51BE316C654.png (506x606, 21K)

Anderesen > Dumas > Shakespeare

That's fair, but it seems hard to keep the character serious when he fucking elbow-drops Quetz.

His NP is strong if you use on the right servants. Maybe not on berserkers but servants with bad pasts are fucked.

Gudao's probably gonna be like "SAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEE". Gudako would probably fearlessly go "JUUUUUUUSTIIIIIIIICE!!!".

I find funny that nip bookstores are using him to advertise Bram Stocker's Dracula.

What and not Alucard from Hellsing?

Didnt Gudako show up in episode 0 of Babylonia?

Dude, Cu is fucking terrified of her.

So how popular is Goldorf, anyway? He seems to appear in a lot of fanart. Did Nasu actually make a fat mustache-man popular?

Hes actually a swell guy but his father was kind of an ass in Apocrypha

Atalante was stupid as fuck, just a little too far to be believable. Like, she was blatantly ignoring objective casualties and damage for her pedo-justice boner and for a pretty weak reason as well.

she just had a traumatic childhood memory imagine her reaction towards apples.

It'd be fine if she made irrational actions in the heat of the moment thanks to the trauma and relaxed afterwards, but she was dead-set on the idea that what she did was somehow justifiable for the rest of the story and hated Jeanne for being right

what's gudao's personality exactly?

Live for someone's sake
Isn't it alright for this moment to be all there is?
Throw away your false self
Just stay as you are

Didn't she admit in her final moments she knew it wouldn't have gotten the children back but she was just pissed and said fuck it

He doesn't have one. The ultimate self-insert.

so why does she always lose to him?

She is worse than Gil, always talk about how strong she is, but she only serves to lose

Ancient Greek women seem to have a habit of saying "FUCK EVERYTHING, FUCK LOGIC AND FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKK YYYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUDFUJDSKAERFAEDBFKASDFSF"

Its also why Achilles had to clean it up since he knows what happens when you kill in rage without thinking.

Name 1 protagonist in fate that isn't a self insert besides kiritsugu
If you say shirou you're actually retarded

Ryougi Shiki

I wish Fate Jeanne had dark hair, was obsessed with cannons and artillery, was more tomboyish, spanked sluts with her sword and was a smartmouth. There is barely anything of the historical character in there.

Andersen has the best commentary, Dumas is the coolest dude and Shakes is like a mix of the two

>fate
also shiki is trash

Attached: shikii.png (1646x771, 888K)

Thats not nice user

Attached: 1565226058740.jpg (873x915, 132K)

Shakespeare is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. He can encroach on the territory of the other two, but he can't match them in anything. Andersen is perfect. Everything he says is perfect. Once I'm done leveling some of my other guys, I'm grailing him. I love him so much.

I wonder how she'd react if Hippolyta or Artemis called her beautiful.

She lost to cu in America

Why does Achilles fall for the autistic women? Should have stuck with men to bad hector put a stop to that.

Because he belongs to Grey

I want to cukc jeanne

>Cu alter
>supported by a holy grail
Die furryfag, go write the interlude about you and saber sucking each other off

And Extella Link

you mean cu and charlemagne the top servant who can cancel out vasavi shakti?

That's how we like em

October can't come soon enough user...

She didn't even do any real damage at all. Cope harder

Man kaito really took arc-V's ending badly

scat literally survives both instances
cu is a fucking useless shit who's only feat IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE is getting a mutual kill on bazett

She carries me in challenge quests.

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-000428_Fate_GO.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

Yeah when you have conceptual immortality it's hard to die. She still jobbed

Gugalanna isn't even that tough. The hardest quest in this event is the one where you have to fight all of last year's event Servants.

when you are grail powered it's hard to lose

Why do scat fans act like they have to talk about how strong she is? She never wins any battles

The hardest are Kiara and Kama 0kp. Gugulana is easy with king Hassan

I found that CQ pretty easy, IMO. I unga bungad that with Raikou and Merlin, but I really struggled with Gugalanna's constant buff removal.

I don't care about John Dork but does Shuten Douji make an appearance in this? She's all I need from Fate.

No but Kintoki was going to show up

Thank god he didn't he's too good for the shitfest Apocrypha turned out to be.

Kintoki appeared briefly in London to delay Tesla iirc

Beast Kiara 0KP is much harder than 0KP Demonic Bodhisattva Kiara. I still found Gugalanna harder than both though. I think I'm just too reliant on caster support setups, which really hurt me against him due to class disadvantage.

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-211328_Fate_GO.jpg (1920x1078, 509K)

One thing that I WILL say that the Apocrypha anime did positively was cutting out Gordes's pantsu on head retarded order to Siegfried to never speak at all to anybody.

All he ever does is apologize anyway.

The real question is how would you use the command seals on Mordred?Remember that she would definitely kill you after,so you gotta make it worthwhile.

>Imagine summoning Saber
>Imagine not using the command seal immediately to rape her
How is F/S good again?

user, this is nasuverse.
Shirou, as a nasu protagonist, would have only raped Saber if she was a maid.
So he would have raped Saber Alter.

Assuming you need one at the end to get the grail, and one to perma stop her from harming you, you get one.

If both sides agree to it it's fine. Command Spells can also be used to enhance a Servant's abilities and allow them to do things they can't normally do. In Fate/hollow ataraxia, Shirou used a Command Spell to make Saber "fly" from the bridge to the skycraper that Archer was sniping at them from in an instant. Shit like that should be fine. A single perfect order can allow a Servant to perform a single impossible feat.

wasn't that command seal just to give saber mana?

The command Shirou gave was "Fly". You can top off a Servant's power with a Command Spell, but you can make them perform feats that they were never able to do in life by ordering them a single, basic action. Saber was probably even faster than Achilles for the duration of that single "flight".

>Command Spells allow for the temporary strengthening of Servants. A powerful technique that converts that tremendous magical energy into energy for Servants. Enough power to fill even Saber's enormous circuit. The King of Knights, one who ruled over the battlefields in the Age of Legends, shall be reborn. The order about to be given with the Command Spell is "Fly." This is no metaphorical flight. Saber will literally "fly" in a single leap from here to the roof of the Center Building. Saber once fought Rider there in the past. A reenactment of that fight---no, if movement is limited to a straight line, then by raising the amount of magical energy for the time she is in the air, the distance covered in one jump will increase. If all of the magical power of the Command Spell is used solely to let her "fly," then it shouldn't be impossible to reduce the great distance between us down to zero...!

I she still popular? She seems the least popular f the Seibuh clones

he has none, that guy is bullshitting you.

I thought they were finally gonna give him a character when he had a mental breakdown in LB1, but he just goes straight back into being an empty shell.

shes cute and her VA makes me happy. I also like the way she earnestly waves,

Attached: J8347598376.jpg (216x271, 24K)

Well the protagonist has no dialogue. What do you expect?

He does have dialogue though, they've been forcing you to click these retarded dialogue "choices" that are always just what guda says split up into 2 parts.

>empty shell.
So he is like Sieg.

That's not enough to flesh everyone out unless there's like nine or ten dialogue choices per scene. For better or for worse (many would say worse), Guda is the ultimate ideal of a "self-insert". You're pretty much supposed to decide what his character is on your own and pretend that that's the type of character he is in the story based on context from the dialogue. Nasu would probably say some bullshit like, "The protagonist in your head is the true protagonist".

Well, basically I love Jeanne, so seeing a Happy Jeanne makes me Happy.

The didn't. He has as much personality as persona MCs. He's a self insert so any doujin featuring him/her is not out of character despite everyone else being off

at the very least Sieg grown through out the story and obtained individuality.
while Gudao participated 7 singularities, 4 EoR, multiple events and currently at 4th LB yet their is no sign of growth to his character

Is this your first time with Fate? You can say the same for 90% of the characters.

>and was a smartmouth
I mean, at least Jalter has that.
Even if she still lacks everything else.
Though I could see her being into cannons and artillery.

Because modern Fatefags only care about boobs and fanservice in general
Jean is a nice pair but of tits and that's all that matters to them

Scat is absolute garbage. The epitome of people putting a design before the character
Even after all these years they still haven't done anything good or interesting with her

Not really, he is generic as Ritsuka, but let's s agree to disagree.

I'll bet you hate Shin Megami Tensei and Dragon Quest.

Gudako got bombed by Lev/Flauros.
Only Gudao and a few members of the staff survived.

Nasu does love killing off the female protagonists.

Dragon Quest 5 has more protagonist development than literally ALL of FGO folded 3 times over. The main difference is that DQ5's development is either inferred or told to us through party chat.

The protagonist is meant to be (you). You're supposed to decide how they develop.

Because I love Jeanne!
But talking seriously, is pretty hard to do justice to the OG Jeanne. I think Age of Empires II and The Passion of Joan d'Arc did the best job with her character.

Attached: 1565474859254.jpg (850x1204, 194K)

is this the state of anime? no nose, a slit mouth and almost no shading except on the metal. the eyes look like cat eyes carved out with an exacto. this exists because this is the lowest quality the weeb customer will accept.

>self-insertcucks

>Siegcuck

Yes, we all know Gudao is a shitty self insert that primarily exists so players can feel like they're loved by their poorly compressed cards

According to the lines of other characters, he is some dude with a really strong will and generally nice. He is overall generic but he has his moments, like when he fought against Quetz or his attitude during CCC.
He has some great interactions with some servants.

Attached: 1565091256117.jpg (768x1024, 207K)

Good god

No, it was her personality. She's cancerous and bland.

Sieg is improved WITHOUT her, and she remains the same bland piece of shit.

What about three Jeannes?

Attached: 1564028475722.jpg (1288x2048, 477K)

Lmao Richard was assblasting Gil with endless bombardment of Excalibur before the real deal against Alkeides kek
F/SF Gold and Lions II

Based. Anyone that wants to complain, should complain directly with Nasu.

He wanks her, but then she can't live up the hype every time. She's like female Vegeta.

>a lot of fanart
There's barely any fanart of him in relation of how shilled and shoved down our throats including forcing him in events.

>He seems to appear in a lot of fanart. Did Nasu actually make a fat mustache-man popular?
Really user? Really?

Attached: chaldea directors.jpg (810x275, 25K)

Shirou. Anyone who believes otherwise is retarded.

user user anon, they aren't retarded. They just haven't read the VN. Where it is very obvious Shirou is batshit insane.
Adaptations fail to capture how fucked in the head he is, so he comes off as a bland self-insert.

>Achilles is based though.
Nah

The least popular Saberclone is the OG Saber. All of her clones get a ton of focus and show up a lot, especially since all of them want to fuck (You), but the OG Saber barely appears and very blatantly does not want to fuck (You). Even though she's the face of the franchise, most of the secondaries starting in FGO probably know more about all of her clones than her.

Fran and Caules were fucking great, and it's a shame that she got written out of the story so early just so Sieg had a way to asspull coming back to life.

Attached: [UTW]_Fate_Apocrypha_-_03_[h264-720p][DEB2911C].mkv_snapshot_17.51_[2017.07.16_12.14.15].jpg (1280x720, 517K)

FGO brings out the best in Apocrypha's characters, even Sieg. Except maybe the launch servants, including Jeanne

can we all agree that self-insertcucks are the worst and the most delusional subhumans of all?

They're not as bad as (you).

Was this Maaya Sakamoto's worst performance?

It's because Nasu doesn't want to place too much focus on the original cast so much. If he does focus on them, it'll be in a modified form. Surely you must have noticed that pattern.

>Saber: Alter, Lion King
>Archer: Alter
>Lancer: Caster, Alter
>Rider: Assassin, Alter Ego
>Assassin: Saber
>Gilgamesh: Caster
>True Assassin: Only one who gets focus unaltered, probably because he got the least amount of focus in the original game.

Because FGO is the new canon.

It's not that the Servants were bad, au contrare. They were great and shafted by the retarded plot and shit MC. That is why I hate Apocrypha so much, it showed potential and was a complete disappointment and insult.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

based ApocryphaCHAD