Shuumatsu no valkyrie

Is he the most immediately likeable character in recent years? Every word out of his mouth was based

Attached: IMG_7596.png (1441x2048, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29SpdUhdm1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So far Adam vs Zeus has been the most exciting fight imo. So exciting that's it making the current one look kinda boring in comparison.

Adam vs Zeus is Manga fight of the year.

Im sure the author made the fight such a show b/c they're probably the strongest ones on each team, and adam is the big martyr and all that, but man i wish they coulda kept him around at least a bit longer. Lu bu was really cool but he was just a strong asf guy, adam really reps humanity and what we should be all about in the face of such fucked up odds

Yea it was pretty cool how he brought all of humanity together, but we both knew one of them would be dead and gone by the end of the fight. The fight also had the best build up with Zeus intimidating Shiva.

Current one ended faggot, it was kino

By "current one" I meant "the one we're still on since we don't know what the next one is", and no it wasn't. I wasn't too thrilled about having to read about another Kojiro incarnation.

The fight was hit or miss in parts, main problem being the overabundant flashbacks and poseidon never -really- getting his ego crushed, but it gets a pass with a page as kino as this and the ones surrounding it

Attached: IMG_7597.jpg (1427x2048, 913K)

Lu bu had the best intro so far at least. It really set the tone for the series.

Attached: m56.jpg (985x1400, 688K)

This bit really showed what makes humanity strong in the end, outside of personal drive and such its our ability to learn from each other. Humanity can be weak individually but it shows that learning through others and more importantly, your own mistakes, makes you Stronger than you could ever be alone

My man T-posing on his entrance to staredown thor is easily one of the best moments so far, in retrospect. He didn't give a shit who or what it was in front of him, he would bury anything

The idea is great, but I wish the art and fight choreography was better. Hopefully the anime improves on this.

The choreography is definitely lacking in the series as a whole, the only thing so far that was cool beyond a -bigger/faster- rush was how lu bu dodged thors boomerang hammer. Wish there were more little details in exchanges shown like that

I think the art is pretty good but I agree on the fights. I wish they had more substance and there were more skirmishes because so far it's just been big move vs big move. It's actually the only thing keeping me from shouting this manga's name from the mountaintops, because I still really like it.

I liked Kojirou but his overall fight wasn't as exciting as the ones before it until those final few pages where he finally landed the killing blows. But with ten more fights coming up there's still potential for improvement.

The one thing that really disappointed me w that fight was once poseidon took him seriously (the blood in his hair thing) narration claimed he was changing his strats to take advantage of his fucked up strength, but he only did that for 2attacks and went back to the spamming right after, letting kojiro do his thing. Really wish we could have seen him adapt, as im sure koj coulda thought up something cooler looking than "just outplay him anyway lol"

I wish the fighting cast wasn't such a sausage fest to be honest

You could've had some good representation with goddesses like Athena and Hypolita

Not to mention human contenders:
>Lozen (12 year old injun girl that was a sharpshooter and used an eagle to extend her view)
>Fa Mulan
>Lillith (I mean, her husband/love interest died by Zeus, I imagine she would be pretty pissed)
>Joan of Arc (She would've been a perfect match-up against Heracles given their links to the gods

Attached: lillith.jpg (193x261, 10K)

I think its hard for a fight manga to really top Keisuke Itagaki. Or Tradd Moore.

Attached: baki hanma.jpg (177x285, 8K)

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Poseidon's skillset boiled down to "jab faster" yet somehow managed to be only half as entertaining as Zeus who basically did the same thing but with his fists.

While those are def cool ideas, i'm not doubting the author until he really fucks up a fight, i figured lu bu and kojiro would be boring but even tho it kinda fit what i expected the fights to be, it managed to be a real fun read regardless for a vast majority of the chapters. But yea a chick other than aphrodite boob memes would be a welcome addition

-jack the ripper +john dee or gilles de rais

Can't wait to see Jack the Ripper

>>Lillith (I mean, her husband/love interest died by Zeus, I imagine she would be pretty pissed)
>>Joan of Arc (She would've been a perfect match-up against Heracles given their links to the gods)

These are honestly better ideas than what we got with Poseidon and Lu Bu.

Attached: ahegao 3.png (495x428, 125K)

Okay, I need to get this out of my chest.

The Valhalla scans suck man. They make me wince harder than the Duwang subs in their choice of vocabulary.

>Changing Poseidon calling Kojiro a "small fry" (given he's from the fucking sea) into "rotten piece of shit"
>>This is worse considering that the actual manga isn't that ladden with profanity
>Internet and Yea Forums terms that completely break the flow of the narrative (look man, I really fucking doubt that Zeus would say "Absolute Unit" in japanese and I'm pretty sure that's not even the right use for the term, what the fuck)
>Japanese suffixes (mostly a nitpick of mine, not gonna lie)

Attached: hank 4.jpg (640x640, 31K)

I wouldn't know some of those without someone pointing them out, but I did get into a conversation with a few others a while back on how out of place "FTW" and "OMG" were. The consensus was that it was just the translators making shit up to look cool.

While i fr agree with you 100%, for me this manga does a great job of conveying whats being said w/o dialogue even being necessary. Every char so far has been super expressive in what they want to convey. So when stupid shit like the zeus absolute unit hits, i try to ignore the literal meaning of the dialogue and just take in what the author is trying to say the char is trying to say/feel. Poseidon getting pissed at kojiro w/the blood in hair thing is a great example

Like i Said in some older thread about some alternative instead of kojiro
u can wrote the same (or better) fight using Hector and having Achilles and his son, Neoptolemus, watching the fight, may be from the God's tribune instead.
with Achiles being a Demigod and having Fought Hector supporting him

Yea, the "absolute unit" and "ftw" and such confused me too. Not sure what's going through their minds when they ok that shit.

Roster should be more cooler like Merlin and Salomon for Casters
King Arthur and Charle Magne for a swords masters
Kratos and Asura for demigods
Saladin and Jack the ripper as assasins
Ilya Muromets and Alexandr the great for Riders
Scathach and saint George for lancers
Rasputin and Götz of the Iron Hand and Wong Fei-hung (drunken style) for berserker.

on what

Pure fatherly love.

Attached: 1554760114654.jpg (1441x2048, 699K)

Absolutely incredible page, praise the most based man of all time

Attached: IMG_7581.png (2813x2048, 3.39M)

Never EVER again say that anime and manga only has deadbeat dads. I never wanna hear that shit again. respect Adam.

Yeah, I usually don't mind translators taking liberties in translating something but they went too far with it. No matter what you think of the changes, the original (literal) translations is a hundred times better.
Small fry confused me as well because I can almost swear I saw it in an earlier chapter, why did they change it?

Adom did pretty well. Asura can do the Zeus for sure.

Hello frends. Its the drawfag here. Up for a request that I could get done by the next thread.

Small Fry was present in a translation in one of the Yea Forums's threads.
But by the time it went to hosting services, it was changed to "rotten piece of shit"

Requesting Joan of Arc versus Heracles for a cover (if you're willing to do designs for them)

If not the first one, do Adam and Zeus in a Street Fighter Alpha 2 mockup

Attached: alpha2.jpg (650x650, 87K)

No, I mean in Valhalla Scans' release of an eariler chapter at the beginning of the fight, I distinctly remember them using "small fry." That's why the Yea Forums translation also using it felt natural.

The announcer is my favorite character by far.

>>Lillith (I mean, her husband/love interest died by Zeus, I imagine she would be pretty pissed)

How would Lillith react upon Eva? What would be the "actually this happened" story for her?

I can magine Lillith being yandere for Adam

Attached: lilth.jpg (314x599, 51K)

O MY OVERLOADING EYES.

And the worst offender is definitely Brynhildr. The author did confirmed himself that she DOES speak like a teenager during her freakouts, the scanlators really fucked her dialogue up (even poor girl Geir has a hard time following), and that’s too bad for an otherwise interesting character.

Tho I must agree with . The communicating of emotions is on point. Brynhildr in particular is hilarious, as she breaks the trope of the calm, sweet and composed lady by showing how little she controls the situation. The cake scene is my favorite of her so far.

PLEASE do the adam zeus sf2 mockup, its a fantastic idea, ty user

>sausage fest
there is absolutely, unironically, nothing wrong with that whatsoever. it's been a long time since we've had a manga like this.

Heimdal ? Yeah, he doesn’t do much but he’s great. The use of his iconic war horn, supposed to signal the start of Ragnarok in the real myths, as a mike is a nice touch.

fuck meant to reply to My b lol

I want a side of pussy with all that sausage, nigga.

I want at least Joan or Lillith like pointed out

Original pic for reference

Attached: alpha 2.jpg (1000x1500, 1007K)

This a manga about GARshit and manly men doing manly things. Oldschool stuff.
No place for pussy in that setup, besides, none of the examples posted have any background in actual combat, and it's not like Nostradamus where you know his fight will have some kind of gimmick.

Even then, teenagers mostly say stuff like "Yaaaaaaass" instead of "OMG" and "FTW".

Instead of "FTW", she could've said something like "Kojiro, go get 'em, tiger!"

That's even worse

Never give advice on this again

>none of the examples posted have any background in actual combat

Yes because Tesla, Rasputin and fucking Adam were fighters.

>This a manga about GARshit and manly men doing manly things. Oldschool stuff.

Even Kengan Ashura has girl fighters and its mostly a manly men manga. I just think if you're doing a story about historical figures, the cast should've been more diverse rather than just men with a majority of them being japanese and chinese.

Hey, I'm just saying that's what most teenagers speak like, I'm not sure what were the words the author used for Bryn but its got to be japanese teen girl slang if it prompted a reaction out of Geir.

What would you come up with?

Suggest something better then, she's supposed to be acting like someone who pulled an ultra rare unit from some gachashit game.

Attached: 1564031041362.jpg (1054x1490, 452K)

Not that guy. I don't really care about the gender ratio as long as the fights are good, but I do agree that the mortal team has too many asian reps. There's many more interesting historical figures he could have picked while still having Lu Bu and a nip rep, and apparently he can make almost anything work considering he's got historical figures who are not known for being fighters on the mortal team. The god team is also just ok. A native american and Egyptian god would have been cool.

At the end of the day, they picked those asian reps and well known gods so that it could be familiar to the jap audience, but I think it squandered some of the series' potential and chances for interesting interactions.

>Tesla
will fight with lightning just like his Fate counterpart, that was obvious from the start user
>Rasputin
the ultimate human tank
>Adam
come on, the FIRST man was a given. He is too important of a human figure to not be here, can't say the same for any the women though.
Female characters that can't fight would have to have a very significant backstory or achievement that translates into some type of fighting style with the Valkyries as weapons. The women that were mentioned simply don't have any of those.
>Even Kengan Ashura has girl fighters and its mostly a manly men manga.
Yeah, and I'm saying this manga doesn't have to
>the cast should've been more diverse
this is just silly, there's plenty of diversity already in the types of fighters on humanity's side. I'd wager there's even more male historical figures that could fill a similar role to the aforementioned women just as good if not better. it seems your concept of diversity just boils down to "this character has a pussy while the other has a penis" Fate is probably more up your alley in that department (not dissing the Fate series by that, I actually like it)
I don't really mind who the characters are and where they're from as long as we get an entertaining fight.

I'd prefer to draw established characters. So I'll do the Zeus vs. Adam. Should be done by next thread.

Attached: 2a59d633-afaa-47be-86f7-5659edab792d - Copy.png (415x382, 174K)

>Yaaaaaaass
Outdated and even when it was in-date it was only used by hispanic hoes.
>"Kojiro, go get 'em, tiger!"
No one born after 1976 still says "go get em tiger!"
Brunhild using late 2000s acronym-speak is weird by today's standards but it's far more believable than the two you listed.
If she was using modern teen-speak, she'd be saying twitch emotes, but that'd be way harder for future readers to understand than "OMG."

Requesting Adam and Eve hugging Old Man Sasaki like a proud parents

/r/ing a picture of Poseidon smiling

What kind of smile?

Yup

Why is Geir so cute with that 5head bros? Also who the fuck on the roster uses spears for her to volund with?

Attached: Geir eats shit.png (1445x2048, 1.94M)

Aside from Lu bu, maybe King Leonidas? That would be pretty damn cool.

Attached: 1548862999722.png (2807x2020, 1.86M)

What Valkyrie you guys want to see next?

Attached: x27.png (1441x2048, 1.53M)

I assume veil'ed one in the back will fight with Jack.

>T pose for dominance

She's going to fight last after Hild dies that's for sure.

I'm gonna miss my waifu Brun when she volunds.

Why aren't there any Americans besides Tesla?

I wish there were more diverse fighters.

Give me some Egyptians, some sub-Saharan Blacks, some Amerindians.
Some no Greek and Norse Gods.
I want this to really represent humanity. I have confidence that the comic will be great, but it feels like there was some missed potential.

>some no
Some non-

>Some no Greek and Norse Gods.

This, Indian gods would've been great.
Also I would've liked if they had Butch Cassidy in there

So how are Nikola Tesla, Grigori Rasputin, and Michel Nostradamus going to fight? Hype fights are Simo Hayha, and King Leonidas. Im still salty Adam lost. What bullshit Zeus kept pulling. Beelzebud seems intresting as well and Apollo. Poseidon was very stuck up, kinda lame. Too many chink shit in my opinion, Alexander the great should be there, and a few others are missing for a better roster. I mean Khan isnt even there.

>Give me some Egyptians, some sub-Saharan Blacks, some Amerindians.
Damn my nigga, is this anime racist?

Attached: anon's halloween.jpg (2751x1818, 3.46M)

>Lu bu had the best intro so far at least.
Adam reinacting 'The Creation of Adam' only to curl his hand into a fist is so much better.

Attached: V26.png (1441x2048, 1.37M)

Attached: V27.png (1441x2048, 1.54M)

How would you guys choose the roster for humanity to pit against whom?

And none of that Doomguy shit, I'm talking historical/biblical figures

No fucking videogame characters, jesus christ.
Whats with the 'Class' system anyhow. Just pick the historical or semi-historical fighters that are the strongest and most unique.

NIPPON STRONK comes to save the day

Attached: 1565122123422.jpg (419x360, 35K)

put my boy Vlad the >implyer in the ring against the Muslim god

Honestly, he probably is. Last person I can remember liking so fast was Kumogawa.

>anime
Bruh there's barely enough content for a single cour right now. This isn't getting an anime for at least two years unless it gets super popular. How popular is it even right now?

Not knowingly I bet. Its probably just that Japan is so insular that the average layman probably isn't all that knowledgeable on more obscure parts of the world.
How much info on areas like India, Central America, etc, is even translated into Japanese?

pic related.

Attached: 1560339005964.jpg (380x408, 27K)

>no mensa musa hero to crush his enemies with gold

Nope. Should have added Theodore Roosevelt or maybe even John Henry.

It's just nippon strong shit. There're so many great choices they just glossed over for a bunch of nips nobody cares about.

>Theodore Roosevelt
>John Henry
>Shaka Zulu
>Cú Chulainn (or his master if they wanted a woman)
>King Arthur
>Merlin
>maybe a prolific Aztec or Native American figure?

Lots of dropped potential in this manga but it's still good for what it is. I'd have loved if each champion was from a different country.

Samson vs Hercules

They made it with japanese readers in mind, who would know about the literally who nips. You'd have a hard time finding someone there that would care about the 26th president of the United States or the black version of Paul Bunyan.
That being said, Preston Brooks would've made for a great American fighter. Almost killed a fucking dude during congress with his cane.

I mean yea no shit but that doesn't mean it's droll as fuck.

>Preston Brooks
>wanting some dude who's claim to fame to beating an unarmed dude with a cane over a guy who is literally called "Bull Moose" because he was so fucking tough
Trash opinion.

Attached: 1558951151627.jpg (541x540, 44K)

All these chinks but the chink fan favorite get benched.

Attached: 72259915445.jpg (189x257, 33K)

So they summon dead humans but if you die in that arena your super dead? What the fuck is this on about.

Attached: 1453302579367.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

If you die you can be reincarnated, if you die there your soul becomes nothing, gets off the reincarnation circle.

They're just manifested souls, since they're dead for real. You're nothing anymore if your soul dies.

The virgin Poseidon vs the CHAD Kojiro.

Attached: Virgin God vs The Chad Loser.jpg (2518x1024, 518K)

>only one technique
Perfect.

Will Tesla be like pic related?

Attached: Akatsuki.jpg (700x891, 61K)

Fuck anyone in this thread bitching about nippon wank or "bad choices" for the fighters, if your idea is so fuckin smart go write something yourself. This isn't a serious manga in any respect, it has cool themes but its not as if this is some groundbreaking idea that shoulda had research done, dudes just having fun. As a reader you should be too

>loses just so he can improve himself and yet never wins until the day he dies
Man, Kojiro was kind of kooky in the head.

>tesla dons Brunhildr and starts throwing out B-Tatsus all match long
I would cum buckets

Attached: 1554958522459.png (540x572, 491K)

Or better yet.

Attached: Blitztank.jpg (700x636, 41K)

I don’t know, but if the author could make someone like Adam viable in a fight then those three shouldn’t be an issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=29SpdUhdm1c
ACHTUNG
C
H
T
U
N
G

Isn't Tesla a science man? Why is it always the electricity? This is Gods we're talking about, electricity won't do anything anyways.

He's a symbol of science. Why people create gods? They are scared of the nature phenomenon that they cant understand. Science is a proof that human can survive without praying to gods

Because Tesla's greatest work would be a system that could transmit electricity through the Atmosphere or something like that. He never really got to finish it tho.

It's a lot more complex than that. It's asinine to think that our ancestors, literally every single one of them and in various different parts of the world prayed to gods just because they couldn't understand the world. In fact, many philosophers and thinkers of the Golden Age of humanity were absolutely certain that some form of divinity exists. One of the things that makes us humans is the ability to contemplate and try to understand those kinds of things. Also, science doesn't really explain jack shit about the world, even tho things might change in the future, I believe humans will always need God.

whens the next chapter bros

I would pick David from biblical story and put him against one of the big gods like khumbakharna.

Next month and I'm pretty sure the fight is going to be Jack The Ripper vs Hercules.

I'm still going to believe that jack the ripper is going to be a woman

It is literally confirmed that there is at least on Indian god that is in this series. Shiva, Settle the fuck down and wait.

Tesla spent his life working with electronics - generators, TESLA coils, radios. He and Edison literally battled over getting their current to be instated as the standard of America (Tesla A/C, Edison D/C). While neither of them invented their respective Current, but they both made their version actually usable.

Before he died Tesla was working on some real freaky shit, wireless transmission of power, death rays. Whether or not he just cracked or was actually on to something is up in the air, but he was an inventor thru and thru.

Attached: 1556853538691.png (800x600, 927K)

is this mango monthly or bi-monthly?

>theme is about humanity and who has a hateboner for the Gods
>no based King Nimrod the Might Hunter who wanted to unite unity with one language and say FUCK off to the Gods
wasted

the teleforce is fucking scary

yes

Fuck off, this is a manmanga. Keep your bitches contained in moeshit and shounentrash

Attached: princess.png (336x238, 82K)