Can we have a 80s aesthetic thread?

Can we have a 80s aesthetic thread?

Attached: tumblr_nz3r6giYNk1sbd8kao1_r1_540.gif (530x381, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WI4-HUn8dFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's she from? Looks familiar

Where she from I meant, sorry about that it's just autocorrect again

>tumblr image
>misuse of the word aesthetic
>spaces inbetween letters
Three strikes, you're reddit.

Don't forget
>ESL

Yohko Leda

Attached: tumblr_nluqfhQpOf1re6nxeo2_r1_1280.jpg (900x1105, 783K)

Dilate and return to discord, trans-subhuman

This kind of tryhard posturing has become more obnoxious than the posts that prompt it. At least OP posted content. Just bump threads you like instead of shitting up this one for the handful of posters who like it.

>80s aesthetic thread
Nah, I'm not a homosexual.

You're fucked

Fuck off to Yea Forums

you're a retard. also youre a nigger.
Pretty sure if you want le lofi a e s t h e t i c shit theres probably some good subreddits for it, nigger monkey boy

Every 80's anime

Attached: 1548566057937.png (956x720, 1004K)

This has a strange combination of smooth animation, but awkward timing. If it were made today, the wave of her hair would probably start in slo-mo, followed by an accelerating flick of her hand that sweeps the lock around her in a smooth curve, and finished with another slo-mo breeze behind her back that blows it to the left. Funny how visual language evolves.

Attached: tumblr_pa6wfrMNTq1unmxqmo1_500.gif (500x264, 2.1M)

I can get behind this.

Attached: FB_IMG_1482953009836.jpg (720x1045, 107K)

>spaces inbetween letters
there's no space though

The 80's wasn't special you're clinging onto a fictional reality that exists only in your head.
As it always does time will pass and even the present will seem like a better time because memories are sweeter than reality.

>you're clinging onto a fictional reality that exists only in your head.
Where do you think we are?
>time will pass and even the present will seem like a better time because memories are sweeter than reality.
That's the whole appeal of the current 80s and 90s nostalgia, and it will be the appeal of 2010s nostalgia in 20 years. Not coincidentally, it has also been a recurring theme in anime since forever.

Attached: 0926279.jpg (500x575, 66K)

ok

Attached: bike80.gif (424x320, 1.96M)

Why did you skip the 00s?

Attached: cyber.gif (500x375, 3.96M)

Attached: giphy-2.gif (500x336, 1.9M)

this is partly true, but certain periods of time do have specific flavors. Speaking as an American, no one is nostalgic for the 1940's, because that was a miserable time. Nobody is nostalgic for the 60's, for the same reason. We latch on to the good things from that era, but not the time, as a whole.

the thing with the 80's, is that it was a time of massive growth and innovation. it was a time before 90's cynicism, when big, stupid ideas felt sincere and powerful. blunt imagery and bold statements had just as much power as they appeared to. Big, bold fun was very big, very bold, and very fun

yeah, 80's nostalgia is partly a result of Gen X'ers getting weepy for their childhoods. but it was also a pretty fucking awesome childhood! compare this to 70's and 60's nostalgia and...

wait... you can't. no one liked those decades

Go back to youtube, mongoloid

>reddit
eh... you need to visit Youtube, more
youtu.be/WI4-HUn8dFc

Attached: 1561534516440.jpg (1440x1080, 184K)

The 60s and 70s had their own waves of nostalgia that have come and gone.

Your post is also colored by nostalgia in its own right. The 80s are also remembered for economic recession, social division, the threat of nuclear war, and the rise of manufactured pop culture as a very calculated form of escapism from the above. By contrast, the 90s are also remembered as a naively optimistic time when people sincerely believed we had reached the end of history, and peace and prosperity for all were within our grasp.

To me, the most interesting thing is how nostalgia is applied as a selective lens to illuminate something we believe we are missing in the present. The nostalgic image doesn't have to reflect reality. It functions more as a utopia to strive towards, loosely based on living memory.

Delicious 80s animes.

Attached: mmvchhAUm01rk2rdno1_500.gif (500x375, 362K)

SAY MY NAME

Attached: Hokuto_no_Ken_Jagi.gif (346x259, 1.75M)

Do 2016 manga emulating 70s/80s aesthetic count?

Attached: 11.jpg (1690x1200, 755K)

Oh fuck off. You "AESTHETIC" retards don't even enjoy or watch 80s anime. You're turning 80s discussion on Yea Forums into a joke.
All this thread consists of people dumping tumblr and facebook gifs of anime they haven't even watched.

Attached: 5.png (590x557, 426K)

Nostalgiafaggotry aside, I find it weird that nobody is trying to recapture this kind of aesthetic for artistic purposes. Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Yea Forums have been doing this for decades, trying to emulate various eras of their respective medium.
The only ones I can think of are Megalo Box and JoJo (and the latter is not really on purpose, it's just the adaptation gap).

Attached: Cuphead_boss_group_680x510.jpg (680x510, 356K)

1. Fuck you for bumping this shit thread
2. Megalo Box is an Ashita no Joe homage so it's 1970s if anything, especially the destitute poorfaggotry

soul 80s aesthetic = unremastered SD video
soulless poseur aesthetic = blu-ray

Attached: 00.png (1200x675, 172K)

Jobber