Is Re:Zero a masterpiece?

Is Re:Zero a masterpiece?

Attached: re0.jpg (640x960, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ep15 was. Don't know about the rest.

Nothing can be a masterpiece until it's finished. It was really fucking good, and at least three episodes were peak kino worthy of a masterpiece, but it can't be one until it has a satisfying ending. And because it's an LN adaptation that's not super likely.

As for the novels, I'm reading them but for now all I know is they improve structure and execution over the WN but make a lot of asinine decisions. As much as I'm enjoying them I doubt they're masterpiece-tier like the anime was. The music, animation, and especially the acting were all vital elements of making that experience as good as it was.

nope.

yeah, it´s awesome. And I think it´s more related to real life in a way. Because the protagonist is very powerless, and the more he fails the more eager he is to kill himself.

Thank god Rim saved him, that little blue girl was the best thing that could´ve happen to him in his life.

>improve structure and execution
That's all they do at least for the anime adapted portion. Characters, Plot, Worldbuilding, etc all take straight downgrades. After that it's nothing but "asinine decisions" and a few mistakes like where they cut a scene and forgot that it actually was important so they make it possible for you to create magic contracts without one person's knowledge.

Well, it's far better than most isekai out there.

a masterpiece of shit

It knows what it is, an isekai, nothing more
It is a masterful isekai at that but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece

Yes. It is far better than any other Isekai and one of the more memorable of the recent anime.

It would be if not for the boring direction

Can't believe he ditched top tier Rem for that generic blob Emilia. What a faggot.

the anime cut this scene
>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
>[Subaru: Heh?]
Raw Version ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

I feel like I'm the only one that actually understands his decision

probably because you don't because it's all up to your interpretation instead of hard text like the LN or WN

I guess it is but it really comes as natural if yove ever been in love as a kid

Yeah Subaru has shit tier taste.

why would he love a servant when he could love the future queen. rem is just trash waifubait and only incels like her

No way in hell but it laid a nice template for the isekai anime LN conversions that followedbit

You're not. Even before getting more context it made sense to me because if nothing else Rem understands. From the very beginning she knows he won't outright reciprocate - that is in fact the premise of her speech. To reciprocate in that moment would almost be to spit in the face of what he was saying to him. That he ultimately decides he does love her is something I prefer and appreciate from the novels, but regardless the context of the scene demanded that he get back on track and accomplish his initial goal.

Trash tier opinion

What's with animeonlys and thinking Rem is just a mere servant? She's the head maid of the Roswaal Manor and was entrusted with tasks as important as NEGOTIATING A ALLIANCE WITH THE CRUSCH FACTION and what was Emilia told to do during the time period? Go home.

Emilia is not a future queen, she's just a puppet for Roswaal.

incel spotted

rem wasn't entrusted with negotiating 'a' alliance by anyone

>Incelincelincelincel

Because even if he romances the future-king, he's not living in a society where a commoner romancing the actual-king is acceptable. He's running towards a dead end.

Not that it matters. Zero percent chance this story ends with him living happily ever after with (insert your favorite girl here) in Emilia-town.

You're missing a little detail that the novel pushes during that scene, "I love Emilia" was a reply to her belief in him - it wasn't his reply to her feelings.

>He’d shown her nothing but the worst in him for the longest while. After all, it was Subaru himself who had cast the indelible “spell” upon her.
>It was his duty to take responsibility and see it through.
>“…Rem.”
“Yes?”
>When he called her name, she quietly responded.
>He lifted his face. He looked straight ahead. He gazed into Rem’s eyes.
>Softly, gently, they awaited the reply from Subaru’s lips.
>So he wanted to be the Subaru Natsuki she loved so much.
>“—I…like Emilia.”
the anime imo really fucks up the scene but not including Subaru's monologue about what that "spell" is

>rem wasn't entrusted with negotiating 'a' alliance by anyone
With an exaggerated sigh, Subaru expressed his personal thoughts as his clown-faced employer floated into the back of his mind.
Secret orders concerning the royal capital had been kept from Subaru, handed down to Rem alone. Roswaal had strictly instructed Rem not to reveal the details to Subaru so long as he did not realize that fact for himself.
“It’s not like it wasn’t bothering me a little from the start. In the first place, it’s plain as day that our side is short on manpower. So he’d leave Rem in the capital without a set plan? Rem, the one from the mansion who’d be most missed? There’s no way. I really should’ve realized that earlier.”
Of course, the cover story was that Roswaal couldn’t take responsibility for healing and repaying the man who’d saved his own domain from crisis without at least a single person to look after him.
“But I don’t think that eccentric would let go of Rem for a humanitarian reason like that. When you think, ‘There’s gotta be something else going on’…”
Crusch recrossed her legs, picking up where Subaru left off to state her conclusion.
“So he naturally settled on her as the one who had the best opportunity for an audience with my house…”
“Besides, I heard that Rem and Crusch were having secret meetings every night. I hate myself for being an idiot and not considering what the discussions were about, though.”
He couldn’t even manage a laugh for how he’d been unable to see beyond himself that whole time. After all, even though Rem had actually dropped plenty of hints to convey Roswaal’s secret intentions, it had taken him until the fourth time to look back and realize it.
“So every night you’ve been meeting about forming an alliance. I heard from Rem all about what my side’s offering for the terms of the deal.”
“The deal chiefly concerns magic crystals in the Great Elior Forest and the mining rights thereof.”

people who are sensitive to the word 'incel', such as you, are usually incels

sweetie I think you should run along, I think your mom would be proud that you learn a new word

Rem is a murderer and a kek. Also very cringy.

You should learn some new insults, that one is posted dozens of times in every thread now.

ok but rem is still waifu bait slut trash

>being the head maid of an insane clown is still trash

That's basically what I'm saying though. Stating his feelings for Emilia and finding it in himself to move forward again is exactly what Rem wanted and was the purpose of her speech. I agree that that detail should have been left in, but even as it stands it should have been pretty damn clear to anyone with half a brain.

damn everyone here so sensitive

>but even as it stands it should have been pretty damn clear to anyone with half a brain.
With these people around here you really need to spell it out

Shut up incel

i dont care if you call me an incel because im not an incel. only incels get hung up on it

Emilia is the true incel bait. Subaru and Emilia's relationship is the definition of inceldom because it's integral to the belief to think that doing good things for a girl means that they will have sex with you and you are entitled to them reciprocating.

Interesting concept with bad execution. Does that sound like a masterpiece to you?

Nice projection incel

for masochistic? Yes

What would need to happen for people on Yea Forums to stop calling good stuff, shit? Be honest.

For it not to be shit, that’s for starters of course.

a masterpiece of shit

rem a shit

ram best girl

ram would have been stronger than reinhard if rem wasnt such an incompetent little bitch and made ram lose her horn

its better than madoka

no

Eps 1-13 were allright, hard to watch through subarus cringe at points

Eps 14-18 surpassed kino and were the whole show that good I would consider it a masterpiece

Eps 19-25 became kinda a genericy shounen with good animation, still good but not near the heights of the middle part.

>its slightly less shit than madoka

Attached: 1539050802333.png (451x520, 287K)

>clown cock

HOLY SHIT SUBARU WAS TELEPORTED INTO A SOCIETY!

only correct answer, with episode 15 being the height of kino

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

How come they haven't come out with another season? It was incredibly popular and there's stil LNs to adapt.

I still don't know how this doesn't have anyone translating the LN's and having problems with the WN when others like konosuba have someone translating even the spin offs in only a month after release.

That's a translation of a fucking Japanese fanfiction you fucking mentally ill piece of shit. Stop posting it. You are literally insane.

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]/

Attached: IMG_20190730_235830.png (1018x748, 126K)

Every retard thinks this is good because the mc is supposed to be some self insert. This MC is even worse than deku and shouldn't have existed. The trap cat would've been a more interesting MC

rem is a masterpiece of fapping materials

Attached: 23421134.jpg (712x525, 36K)

Well, you can deny it or affect it but you can't love its hate on the industry.

>he doesn't know

>Remfags

Attached: Cumbrain.jpg (604x604, 46K)

re:zero is about 40% complete according to the author. WN is up to arc 6.
seethe more remfag
nice speedwatch retard. at the end of the series subaru says he was using emilia for his own satisfaction and that he'll try and get her to fall in love with him by spending more time with her.
that doesn't make sense esl-kun

>that doesn't make sense esl-kun
You sounds like the type of person who denies its effect on the industry.

>re:zero is about 40% complete according to the author
No, it's about 50% done. There will be 11 Arcs.

Subaru has good taste in waifus, that's why!

>Witch Cult hasn't updated in over a month

Attached: feels bag man.png (354x425, 26K)

wait, hold up. Why the fuck would they sort "recent posts" by chapter?

Attached: sorting.png (321x321, 18K)

They updated Arc 5 Chapter 76 like 3 days ago.
They are aiming to finish that Arc first so if you are talking about the 6th one I'm sorry Yea Forumsnon.

Well said

See

0(zero) likable characters.

See

the suffering is the only enjoyable aspect of it

It would have been if they ended it on the scene where Subaru sees Rem.

ep15 was fucking kino

I wouldn’t say that but still is very very very veryyyyyyyyyyy good

She wouldn't have.

You're not taking into consideration that arc 1 was only 20 chapters, and arc 2 was around 50.

Ever since arc 3, none of the arcs has been less than 80 chapters. Arc 4 was over 120. It's likely that this trend of longer arcs will continue. So while we are halfway through arc-wise, content wise, we might not even be at 40% yet.

I'm with you too bro. The rest of the Remfags will convert next season when she gets cockblocked and Emilia's character gets fleshed out

>puppet for Roswaal
Not after arc4

Overrated as fuck.
Barusu is a retard.
Other characters are narrow minded or even brain dead. Shitshow.

after arc 4 she's really nothing

How does her character get fleshed out? I see people keep parroting this but with no explanation on how

English-let.

Not the user you are replying to but that's not how you greentext retard

There are some missing chapters in ARC5. How do i read them? Does the chicken have them?

yeah, I pretty sure they have a link to those chapters on witchcult

Have you read arc4?

that doesn't matter. explain it to me.

Fucking kill yourself animeonly. I was ready give you an explanation if you read it but you disgust and disappoint me.

because status isn't important for the partner selection process for men

Well in that case I have read it. How does Emilia develop? What is the change in her character? Is she able to do things on her own now? Or does she still need to be handheld and told to do things?

I want to explain but i sound like a double digit IQ feminist when i try to say things like how Emilia broke out of a shell and fought her past trauma and becomes independent.

A masterpiece being cringy as fuck? Yes.

>when i try to say things like how Emilia broke out of a shell and fought her past trauma and becomes independent.
Well that's what SHOULD have happened in the WN but in Arc 5 the major deal breaker is that she still needs to be told to follow Subaru when he goes with Beatrice to fight Sirius. You do not know how incredibly disappointing that is.

How does she do it?

Attached: 694DC699-4EAA-4011-9380-F0BB1CAAD4AB.jpg (2730x1536, 861K)

Japanese incels

See

It's a gay Higurashi ripoff

>Barusu is a retard.
That’s the point

Yes.

I think it isn't
It had the potential to be one.
The art is competent, it's fine but nothing really special.
The story idea is really cool but author too busy turning it into his self insert harem to worry about making the most out of the said concept.
I think all the weird cameos and little segments are also taking away from the show. Subaru is not marketable, at least not in the way he is being marketed right now.
For example:
>Shinji is an innocent kid stuck in a scary situation. Him and the pilots just being regular teens works well for the commercial materials for the franchise.
>kazuma is an idiot and a loser, but his heart is in the right place, and hi jinks are regular occurrence in konosuba, lighthearted works of him hanging with his friends fit to advertize the show

subaru is a bad person. He's a gutless loser. He hides his desires, cowerdice, and needs behind a pretense of shivery. He does bad things and justifies to himself that he does it for the greater good or someone else. He's literally the ultimate "m'ilady". Seeing him hanging with friends or making hijinks is the last way to advertise someone like that.

Anyway that's how I feel about it, if you read this far I hope you have a nice day. I'm gonna go rewatch the only good isekai: inuyasha.

There’s no harem.

>rem over aqua
he's gay
>rem over megumin
he genuinely takes dick every night
>rem over albedo
his balls caved in from lack of use.

>surrounded by cute girls his age that take him to dates, walks, dinners, and do cute things with him
>one confessed, one lap pillows him, and one wanted to do femdom play with him.
>promotional materials constantly pushes the girl and almost every cute girl in the damn story wants his dick at some point in some way.
sure pal, no harem here.

Only Emilia and Rem have feelings for him. So no harem. The other things you mentioned don’t matter. Promotional material has nothing to do with something being harem or not.

Oh yeah?
you think Crusch takes every person she talks business with into her home and brings them dinner in her underwear?
do you think the annoying femdom bitch would have wanted to play with him at all if she thought he was or had no interest in him?
Have you seen Felix lick literally anyone else in the whole show besides subaru?
That's not promo material, that's cannon.
Please tell me on how this totally isn't some loser's self insert harem fantasy.

>you think Crusch takes every person she talks business with into her home and brings them dinner in her underwear?

>Weren’t Crusch-sama’s pajamas (Volume 5 illustration) a little too sexy?
>A: Crusch-sama is indifferent to wearing clothing like that. Perhaps because she doesn’t think of herself as a woman, she doesn’t think about the effect her femininity has on those around her.

>do you think the annoying femdom bitch would have wanted to play with him at all if she thought he was or had no interest in him?
Speak English.

>Have you seen Felix lick literally anyone else in the whole show besides subaru
Yes, Crusch. Ferris canonically loves her.
Ferris wants to annoy Subaru, that’s why he behaves like that. The author said in a Q&A that Crusch is the only one Ferris likes.

>Please tell me on how this totally isn't some loser's self insert harem fantasy
Only Emilia and Rem have feelings for the mc.

>virgin artist denies drawing all the girls smearing on his self insert excusing it as "maybe they don't see themselves as women" " I don't know why I drew her like that"
Holy shit, this author is straight up subaru. what a sad fuck.
>do I speak english
yes, but I do not double check if I royally fucked up a sentence on a damn 4chanpost.
>virgin fag author denies any love between his self insert and the male catgirl
HAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA
>excuses all girls from everything like it's normal that they throw themselves onto the guy and like it's normal that the guy has made 2 wifus even though he's a complete loser and a retard

also reddit spacing.
yeah keep telling yourself you ain't reading a shitty self insert harem for the loser author to jack himself off. or you could go watch something good
your choice pleya

I love the show but wouldn't call it a masterpiece. It's certainly one of the best isekai...but that's not saying a whole lot though.

You sound angry.

It's a combination of two things. One, the Web Novel is better than the Light Novel in pretty much every respect, so there's no reason to translate both. Two, Re:Zero's translation crew is strongly on the straight-edge side, and seem to personally object to translating licensed material. That's why the Gekkan Comic Alive spin offs tend to be translated by independents rather than the usual crew.

Not really
Having a pretty chill lunch talking to some faggot defending a mediocre self insert anime.
I honestly don't get how anyone can get angry from 4 chan, If it makes you angry you shouldn't be on the damn site.

The same thing that makes it unique and interesting also makes it a bit tedious and unfortunately it'll take many episodes to feel like anything has happened. It needs several seasons to feel truly satisfying. With another season and movie in the works we're on the way towards it being something truly memorable.

I’m just telling you the facts.

Cringe. You clearly haven't read the WN, but Ferris might actually be the person in all of Re:Zero that likes Subaru the least. He's more vicious towards him than most of the villains are, honestly.

That being said, Subaru is definitely bordering on being a harem MC. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Emilia thinks of him romantically, but there's a handful who definitely do; Satella, Shaula, Rem, and Petra all do. Quite possibly Echidna as well, in the capacity that she is able to. Subaru's only saving grace is that none of them are ever in the same place at the same time.

From here it just seems like you are avoiding the facts to convince yourself you aren't reading harem.
Hell, even if he's telling the truth about felix, you still keep ignoring how the rich girl wanted todo feetplay with the guy, and do you seriously believe the artist when he says what he says about crusch? it sounds like a damn child trying to lie himself out of trouble.

>clearly haven't read the VN
>OP posted a pic of the anime
>expects me to read the VN for an anime that I said I didn't really like very much

Are you really stupid or are you trying to pick at straws to win an argument?

Way to show your 1 month spent in anime

>do you seriously believe the artist when he says what he says about crusch?
Yes, she and Ferris have a backstory novel which tells many things about them.

>I'm obviously talking about the dinner date in underwear thing
>pretends like I'm talking about the felix bit

Alright this is silly, Your'e obviously just trying to run around to keep convincing yourself you made a good choice with the read.
your call fren.

Hate if you want, but you can deny the impact this anime has on the industry.

Crusch not seeing herself as a woman is a big part of that backstory novel, user. You don’t follow the series so why do you pretend that you know something about these characters?

It’s a nightgown, not underwear. You’re so stupid.

It's not that I expect something of you. I'm just saying, it's probably best not to talk out of your ass about topics which you know nothing about, yeah? It's embarrassing watching you spaz out over this.

Women who don't see themselves as women don't go around in lingerie, they wear what's comfy and fits right,
Seems like the guy wanted to draw a cute girl in underwear for the hero cause if he was such a planned out mastermind she would be wearing a sweater instead of wearing lingerie and sleeves separately.
Funny how he lies to himself just like his damn self insert.
He just wants to draw cute girls and put himself as the hero with a cheat, nothing new or interesting.

Calm down fedora tipper, I can smell the cheetos from here.
good for you, you read a crappy manga and you are educating the plebs online in a thread discussing the anime.
You should try r3dD1t, I heard they give out gold stars to heavy breathers like you.

Attached: 1553224007739.jpg (700x700, 148K)

>Women who don't see themselves as women don't go around in lingerie, they wear what's comfy and fits right
Aka the nightgown.

I know you’re a baitfag.

Fuck no. Watch more anime. This shit is so horribly written

With the way Rem dropped her character, he made the right choice.

This.

YOUR"E WRONG MY FAVORITE ANIME ISN"T TRASH
YOU ARE JUST BAITING
THIS IS DEEP AND COMPLEX AND YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND

haha
classic.
there's nothing funnier than someone in denial of liking trash.
anyway I guess this is it then if you gonna treat it like bait, don't worry I know you read till here.
have a nice life, fren. it was nice talking to you during my lunch.

It’s not deep and complex, it’s very simple. It’s just that for some reason you don’t want to believe it.