Hunter x Hunter

Gon's completely self-oriented morality is probably the single most fascinating part of HxH's writing to me, he's such a thorough examination of 'shonen ethical calculus' in a narrative that doesn't support his behavior unconditionally.

Attached: Gon Freecss morality.jpg (960x768, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7l_x9R6yAxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jrrYUBbvFZg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musashi_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

holy shit what IQ are you on?

Attached: 1333775020552.jpg (350x350, 13K)

inconsistent writing exhibit A

I guess that's what happens when you constantly take breaks that last months or years at a time

More like realistic. That's how people are IRL.

It's neither inconsistent nor an inherent flaw in his logic - Gon's mentality was just fucked beyond the capacity for caring at that point.

Dark continent shit shouldn't exist and thankfully it cannot ruin the series as Togashi will never get that far.

>Chrollo
Killing people for what appears to Gon to be the acquisition of money
>Gon
Threatening to kill someone in order to save his personal hero
Is it that hard to understand

Gon was always a shitty and uninteresting protagonist. Fuck gonfags.

What you are looking at pic related is the face of an ill, psychopathic potential murderer kid, we can start then, i will say that if you expected naruto.tier plot, villains or writing out of this series, you are retarded, HxH is the most dark shounen in existence.

>abandoned by his father as a child and told lies from his aunt
>playground was a forest full of savage animals and shits
>probably indued or raped by hot pirate girls
>at the first arc of the story he is 12 year old and has no problems with seeing people kill each other, he doesn't care, indifferent to death and murdering
>he becomes best friends with a hitman kid and has no problems with it he doesn't care, still indifferent to murdering
>he cares about helping his mentally unstable friend to kill all the guys who killed his entire tribe, this same friend is the one who joined a mafia that deals with killing, drugs, weapons and other horrible things like human trafficking just to satiate his revenge, our MC doesn't care anyway, he wants to help him even
>he asks one of the "bad guys" why does he kill people that have nothing to do with him without feeling anything, that doesn't make sense, normal people wouldn't give a fuck about someone they don't know dying off, our MC in the other hand showed us that he probably would like to kill people he cares about, what the fuck?
>if his "friends" kill its okay
>Hisoka being a murderer and a pedo that kills because he is a thirsty motherfucker recognizes in Gon the potential of becoming as twisted as him, a fucking psycho.
>willing to kill an innocent girl just to kill someone to satisfy his revenge, not even Kurapika thinks about doing this
>takes innocent girl hostage as well

Attached: 1518001562015.png (500x436, 381K)

I got the impression early on that morality was weird in the HxH universe, when the Hunter Exam was killing dozens of people and no one seemed at all phased by it.

The hunter exams are the biggest plothole in the series. They are once a year and 1-3 people pass each time and there are still hunters fucking everywhere.

Woah man if you like think about it like spongebob is too young to drive but his like parents abandon him and he gets lost in woods and devolves to caveman mentality and squidward travels to the void and bikini bottom is nuclear testing so dark man and loses his snail
You can apply this gay reasoning to anything

Post the episode where Spongebob threatens to murder an innocent blind girl.

Attached: 1505947647362.jpg (800x807, 403K)

Why do the dub torrents stop at 115?

>le epic arc where blind girl plays checkers with perfect cell

The way all the extremes of human nature are displayed in the Chimera Ant arc feels like reading a sort of contemporary Odyssey. It IS "epic" in the actual, original sense of the word -- something majestic that shines light on the nature of living.

Attached: 1519801739465.jpg (1209x7002, 730K)

Why are you watching dubshit?

Attached: 1436248167666.png (524x524, 141K)

Attached: shonen jump interview - togashi.jpg (2256x2965, 2.07M)

I don't know why people point to what happened with Komugi as the rule instead of an anomaly in an otherwise generally compassionate character (like when he helps the examinee paralysed by Pokkle's poisoned arrow), he's not really indifferent to Killua's parents being assassins as far as it's explained to him Killua just wants to be normal things and left his family specifically for that reason so he's reformed, or at least on the path to being reformed. Most of the examples you provided aren't black or white and none like Kurapika and the mafia, knowing Gon he probably knows that he's only doing this to make the Troupe pay and that he'll do whatever he can to "reform" the family's practices, most of what you've provided doesn't really warrant outrage on Gon's part.

Attached: 1540053876133.png (1018x834, 786K)

Because I can't read. Can you just answer the question, 'cause you're making me feel really bad about not being as cool at anime as you.

I love HxH but I can't stand huntercucks. i have never witnessed such an insufferable fanbase.

Attached: tips taker.gif (400x225, 2.59M)

>Get proved wrong by actual CANON, dog.
Here you go you idiot. Of course he can't see it, you can't see aura, not even your own, with your pores closed. You though you were lucky because the thread got closed? Too bad

Attached: D.jpg (977x749, 262K)

Then why did you click the thread?

Gon going through all grief stages to reach his transformation was so amazingly built since It didn’t occur because plot convenience, it happened because everything builds to that point:

>Stage: Denial
Gon completely denies Kite dead and in this case, his usual positive attitude plays a significant role in clouding his reasonable judgment
>Stage: Depression
Gon becomes frustrated to the point of a momentary depression because he couldn’t beat Knuckle and felt overwhelmed with his weakness, which prevented him from saving Kite the second time they went to NGL.
>Stage: Denial
After witnessing Kite puppet-like condition Gon holds firm to his denial of Kite being dead, but this time though he shifted his denial from having to rescue Kite to finding a way to get him back to normal.
>Stage: Anger
Gon focused all his anger towards Pitou blaming her for getting Kite the way he was (like a marionette). His previous weakness is compensated with hate so deep that grants him catastrophic power.
>Stage: Bargaining
Gon feels incredibly helpless with an overwhelming amount of guilt. He finally accepted (after two denials) that Kite indeed is dead. Even still (true to the bargaining stage) he tries to negotiate a way out of his loss by assuming several “What if…”
>Stage: Anger
All the conditions were met to awaken this power, and the amount of hate and anger was so absurd that Gon didn’t care if that was his end. As long as he could completely obliterate Pitou from the face of the Earth, he will come to terms with his suicidal decision.
>Stage: Acceptance
Thanks to Killua and Alluka, Gon came back from certain death and was able to reach the final stage, acceptance. So Gon and Kite cheated death, they just needed to accept that they should move on, now as true friends that will help each other in the future.

This kind of development never happens in other shounen

Attached: 1531864709481.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Dude come on, my response to him ended the thread. It was the perfect shut down.

(also he's using scanlations so he's obviously not that big on the content)

I'm sorry it's my fault, I know it's wrong to keep going and that the mature thing to do is to let it go since there's no point, but I always get carried away in the end. I'm done

>This kind of development never happens in other shounen
That's probably bullshit, but I'll believe it.

>steals Ponzu's badge
>lets some guy die as an opportunity to take Hisoka's badge
>generally completely passive about people dying around him
>cons people at arm wrestling
>essentially tortures a serial killer for training then lets him go
>threatens to kill an innocent multiple times and takes her hostage
>knew Killua was suffering while holding the ball but forces him to regardless
>brutally murders Pitou by impaling her with his own arm and continuously pulverizing her dead body

That's borderline sociopathy. The signs were all there. Only speedreaders and brainlets missed them.

Attached: Gon is Dangerous.png (1064x2976, 1.38M)

Of the 2 normal hunter exams in the series, an average of 4 people passed each year. Ten is known to reduce the effects of aging, meaning that Hunters will live longer on average (Consider that Isaac Netero has the physical capabilities of a 20 year old when he is over the age of 100 and Bisky is capable of appearing as a child despite her advanced age and still looks somewhat young in her true form). I think it is reasonable to assume that there are over 300 nonprovisional hunters alive

I've read all shounen worth reading and I can assure you that it doesn't happen in any other.

They're close to 700 actually, Hisoka and Illumi killed some tho

Weren’t there at least a thousand in the chairman election arc?

Attached: 661.jpg (276x141, 17K)

He's definitely fucked for a 12 year old but i wouldn't really call him a sociopath
>>steals Ponzu's badge
After carrying her, Leorio, and Kurapika out of a snake filled cave and to make sure his friend passed to the next phase of the exam
>>lets some guy die as an opportunity to take Hisoka's badge
>>lets some guy die as an opportunity to take Hisoka's badge
It's the Hunter exam he knew what he was getting himself into plus Gon didn't really have an idea of how strong his opponent was and that he'd die in a single move
>>cons people at arm wrestling
It's toeing the line at worst
>>essentially tortures a serial killer for training then lets him go
Woah poor serial killer, though to be fair that supports the point that Gon doesn't really see everything as good and bad but advantageous, useful, useless and detrimental
>>threatens to kill an innocent multiple times and takes her hostage
I acknowledge the Komugi incident and i'm saying i see it as an exception to the rule
>>knew Killua was suffering while holding the ball but forces him to regardless
He didn't force him though
>>brutally murders Pitou by impaling her with his own arm and continuously pulverizing her dead body
Sure i'll grant you that though if anything it supports what i said about Gon-san and Chimera ant arc Gon being an anomaly rather than the rule

Gon's year had 7 pass, and we don't know how many circumstances like the recent Exam with Cheadle have occurred.

You don't know what plothole means

Dark Continent is the most interesting thing to never happen in any shounen ever you pleb.

We know that the hunter exams are notoriously difficult and that years where no one passes are not uncommon. Please explain where those 661 appear from, of which most look to be in their twenties and thirties.

When is Hunter x Hunter returning?

Kino.

Attached: Hunter X Hunter v29-088.png (1283x961, 414K)

Even if we are extremely generous and believe 10 people to pass each year for 50 years that's just 250 people. The hunter exams are a true and legit plothole so fuck off retard. HxH is not flawless.

Someone already did a better job at it than me, I just wanted to bring up that there might have been prior incidents with altered exam rules, especially if a specific incident called for it or based on exams from before Netero became Chairman(though we don't know how long he's been Chairman).

And age will be very ambiguous for Hunters.

Attached: proxy.png (800x601, 377K)

>10*50=250
What did he mean by this?

Attached: Melody_1999.png (320x430, 104K)

>i have never witnessed such an insufferable fanbase.
Oh, to be so young...

>Even if we are extremely generous and believe 10 people to pass each year for 50 years that's just 250 people

Brainlets keep embarrassing themselves

Attached: 1552255945705.png (314x317, 17K)

It's supposedly a dangerous profession so I don't believe in an overwhelming amount of aged hunters.
My mistake, still not anywhere enough though. And that's disregarding the literal fact that they said some years no one passes at all and being still extremely generous with the number.

>10 people to pass each year for 50 years that's just 250 people.
I don't like repeating the Hunter chads having a high IQ meme over and over again everytime i see shit like this like one of Pavlov's fucking dogs but God damn do i love being vindicated
Anyways to answer your point the number of Hunter exams is consistent but the number of rookies passing it is not, a couple of years can pass with no one being given a license while the year after that can have 5 to 10 people obtain a license.

Attached: 1565480706787.jpg (563x503, 21K)

>so I don't believe in an overwhelming amount of aged hunters.
That's a moot opinion. Election arc showed us some fairly middle aged hunters and since everyone uses Ten their age isn't equivalent to just their looks. I can almost buy that there's a discrepancy between the early info that the hunter's exam acceptance rate and the election arc. But holy shit you're level of debate is lacking.

>he doesnt know if someone is bluffing
Go out of your cave man

>10 people to pass each year for 50 years that's just 250 people.
Let's assume an average of 10 people pass per year and each Hunter stays alive for an average of 70 years after the exam, if that were the case, then around 700 Hunters would be alive at any given time

We still have 661 hunters and we don't even reach the number in 50 years being extremely generous. Let's be honest, 5 new hunters on average per year is far more realistic.
Just admit it's legit no thought out at all. Why do hunterfags need to be so difficult? If you can't admit flaws in times like this no one will take you seriously if you make a legit case.

Togashi fucked up by making the exams so deadly and difficult. He should have said that this year is particularly hard but the next year he only let Killua pass which arguably had a far easier exam than the year before.

To be honest i don't think Gon's bluffing here, in terms of build up to Gon's state of mind in that scene there's nothing to show that he wouldn't have caved in her skull right then and there had Pitou talked out of line

"Ok, time to get serious fellow HunterChads. Now SHOW ME DUBS!!!!!!!!"

Attached: SHOW ME DUBS!.jpg (1024x568, 52K)

Check 'em

Attached: 1497994711682 (1).jpg (1568x1145, 476K)

Gon is definitely an odd kid. Might he be on the spectrum?

A lot of effort to say "Gon is a hypocrite with soft spots for his friends."

Friendship implies hypocrisy or favoritism to some degree. At the very least it implies preference towards one more towards others.

Medaka Box was a mess but it was pretty good at pointing out that a shounen hero can have a million motives, but in the end it's really their power that counts.

hunterfags think character development is some groundbreaking idea

You're wrong user, Gon should have assured Pitou that the hostage was safe and that he was never gonna touch her no matter what, that would have put Pitou in the right mind set and assured the hunters her compliance

>Just admit it's legit no thought out at all.
There's no reason too when there are plausible explainations like people living for fucking decades longer than normal and people actually looking old even with Ten. Find a better argument dude I can admit when Togashi fucks up but you need to have proof that he actually fucked up first.

This organization has been around for 19 chairmen, there are people who have the title of being Older than even Netero himself who is a few generations old himself. Of course they can keep members in the high numbers after literal decades going into centuries of membership.

I'm saying we don't really know enough to claim it's a plot hole it's possible something happened akin to what is currently happening with the provisional Hunters where the standards of the exam were severely lowered

man I know the ending of this fight really threw people off but aside from that it was a really fucking great fight

It could have worked had there been more arcs that built his character to that point. Pretty much die a hero or live long enough to become the villain type thing. The issue is that Gon's personality fucking sucks. It was the worst way to portray an up-beat protagonist.

>an I know the ending of this fight really threw people off
Only speedreaders were thrown off

Attached: 1564357453250.png (463x396, 117K)

The addition of the book mark to Chrollo's ability set created a fascinating scenario where the information of what was going on could be used to deduce what combination of abilities Chrollo was using. And yet even through all that, Togashi manages to keep it full of twists that were surprising yet completely organic to what was taking place. Kino.

Attached: 1554743968038.jpg (2073x2220, 2.27M)

Cope.

Attached: 1554752260329.jpg (4254x2440, 2.55M)

We saw him lie for strategy a couple of scenes before that, with Pouf and Knuckle, and admitting it. He accused Pouf of lying about the clones only to tell Knuckle he believed Pouf was telling the truth. He was calm and collected after sitting down, he lost it again only once he leaned the truth about Kite

>tfw leorio got not merch

I wish they'd make a 1hour special just to animate this fight. Goddamnit.

stop making this brainlet post
kuroro will kill someone out of slight annoyance gon was negotiating with a mass murderer that was trying to get over on him and in the end tried to kill him at the first opportunity it got

>tfw we're probably getting a 9999999 IQ strategy rematch on the black whale assuming Hisoka doesn't job to another Spider

Attached: 1498764593700.png (534x316, 67K)

>It's supposedly a dangerous profession so I don't believe in an overwhelming amount of aged hunters.
Agree and disagree. The stronger you are, the less likely you are. And Menchi gave her speech about always having to have some combat proficiency as a Hunter, but there are plenty of Hunters that have professions completely unrelated to combat. And I feel it's significant that among nen users seen the only visibly old people tend to be incredibly old, as in 100+. Also I looked up Netero's supposed time as Chairman and a reasonable leddit post looks to pin him taking up the job 20+ years ago, peaking at around 60 years.

I think it's definitely a valid point that if the Hunter Exam was always conducted as we saw it would average at around 5, likely less, examinees passing per year. Before we even look at casualties, Pariston was (implied to be) causing more Hunters to go missing than would pass. Granted he was a relatively new problem. I don't think that's a plot hole though, because it's already been established that the exam can shift as needed. In addition to the new Hunters ushered in this year Cheadle gave out 150 provisional Hunter licenses. That's not the same thing, but they're not above some form of mass recruitment if the need be and the exam itself already saw fit to recruit a bunch of intellectually based non-combatants this year. So factor in all of this and the number is definitely understandable.

>I posted it again
don't you kids get bored of this and this pseudo (I only say pseudo because i'm trying to humor you btw) intellectual bs?

HxH isn't deep and it's mostly just Togashit ripping off (i'm sorry paying homage) to so many shounen series before it, the dude can't even be assed to finish it Japanese George R.R Martian.

Move on to something else people are shilling and promoting Dr. Stone and that ironically is a manga/anime made about an intellectual protagonist.

>Gon doesn't really see everything as good and bad but advantageous, useful, useless and detrimental
Do you not know what a sociopath is lol

He still shows compassion and empathy though mainly is what i'm trying to say

>you're level
argument invalid

That's gonna be a yikes from me.

Attached: 1563625874418.jpg (2005x1243, 1.41M)

>The stronger you are, the less likely you are
the less likely you are to show signs of aging and the longer you'll live*

>Japanese George R.R Martian.
oh god shut the fuck up faggot

Is your only argument really that there is a huge amount of 80+ year olds? Because literally nothing in the entire manga has suggested as much. Netero was an exception and not the rule as he trained pretty much all his life. Pretty much everyone except for Biscuit looked their age.
This theory comes with just as many problems as it defeats the entire point of what Togashi build the hunter association up to be. It's an elitist organization with an extremely difficult exam to enter it. With your theory the hunter organization is full of trash hunters and cannot be taken seriously.

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Attached: 20967048_p0.jpg (600x600, 382K)

The thing that most struck me most about Hunter x Hunter is how the entire Chimera Ant arc felt like one long work of literature, like a 19th century baroque novel or a Shakespearean tragedy. It's rife with symbolism, irony, themes, and felt appropriately mature and tonally rich. Some of the passages spoken by the narrator were so beautiful and memorable (e.g. the humans in the sky line), and the narration served to create the feeling that I was reading some intricate tapestry of prose. I loved how tragic and anticlimactic the death of Meruem was, because it was richly meaningful in tandem with the themes presented by the arc; and it's because of this that I speak of him in the same way I do as Macbeth, or Oedipus, or John Milton's Lucifer. Some scenes, like the match-cut of the boots stomping on the insects between the Rose bomb used on human cities spoke to me on a visceral level, just as Classic Lit does.

Fuck I never caught the arm thing

>Pretty much everyone except for Biscuit looked their age.
How old is Mizaistrom? How old is Cheadle? how old is Bill? Give me their official ages and I might agree with you. Because saying that everyone is 80+ is a strawman, I'm merely saying that people can be in their 50s while looking like their 30s which is factually true, nen allows you to age slower and retain vitality.

I could see him being in that mood if he/she/they killed ssomeone like killua, kurapika, leeorio, or even bisky, but a jobber like kike? I guess the writer justifies it because he knew Gon's old man?

Based.

Attached: 1555356296218.jpg (1066x1600, 694K)

This Ten slows the effects of aging thing is continuously overblown in my opinion. Netero and Maha are old as fuck and they look exactly old as fuck, almost mummies. Yes, it's an out of the charts longevity, but their looks are not particularly deceptive. Same for Linnet. Bisky is probably the only exception but there's a different explanation behind that. Beyond Netero is probably the only legit example since he's should be pretty old as his DC expedition was 50 years ago, but he doesn't look THAT old, assuming he was already quite experienced back then to lead the expedition

Luffy's completely self-oriented morality is probably the single most fascinating part of OP's writing to me, he's such a thorough examination of 'shonen ethical calculus' in a narrative that doesn't support his behavior unconditionally.

We know that all the Zodiacs would have been younglins at best around 50 years ago because Mizaistom says that if Beyond planned to infiltrate the association way back then, no member of the Zodiacs can be disregarded as possible spy

So why are you here?

It was shown with the cooking hunters that all hunters operate in dangerous fields as hunters need to go to dangerous areas to hunt for rare parts/ingredients.

Why was Leorio so popular in the chairman election? Usually young guys are voted by other younger folks. The more I think about it the less it makes sense. Opening the gates to an overwhelming amount of entrees waters down the entire hunter association and sullies the pedigree of the hunter license and everything hunter stand for so I doubt this happened and if it did most of those people probably didn't survive for long. I agree that there might be quite a few legendary hunters that aged up quite a bit but they should still be rare in numbers and definitely not numerous.

It's not a definitive plothole but let's think rationally. Togashi build up the hunter exams that way to show the reader how hard it's to become a hunter, how valuable the license is and how few can receive this privilege. Only later he made up the definitive number of active hunters. It's pretty reasonable to think he fucked up.

Agreed that it's overblown in general, especially because it likely correlates with proficiency, but the years it sheds shouldn't be overlooked especially if they learned from a younger age. Chrollo was just 26 in Yorknew but Neon thought he was younger, though how much of that could also just be genetics is up to debate.

Because Leeorio called out Gin for being a nigger and not seeing his dying kid.

>Why was Leorio so popular in the chairman election?
Why was Trump so popular bro? They both have insane amounts of SOUL

I know that but such a heated move would be particularly popular with the young folks while older people would hate if someone like that lead the hunter association. In the end he still resorted to violence and an emotional reaction.

Attached: 1564178612532.jpg (849x1200, 187K)

Where does this show growth? Sounds like you need to cope.

Yeah, I mentioned Menchi - I'm saying that it's definitely not true for something like a Virus Hunter, a doctor like Leorio, Loupe, Teradein, etc. Someone who actually goes out hunting will have to grapple with beasts, but nenless people can handle these beasts in many circumstances so it should generally be fine. Someone like a Blacklist Hunter will be the person consistently risking their life. The Leorio bit is just an assumption, he was popular for punching Ging.

If you know nen you can generally stomp the exam. Many people could pass if they really felt like it, but don't bother, like most of the Spiders. The average Hunter is not actually that strong.

>tits
ruined

Attached: politecat.jpg (768x960, 108K)

Your argument doesn't make sense because you're getting the sequence wrong. Leorio only got 55 votes for his stunt, it wasn't until Mizaistrom and Cheadle folded their votes into Leorio's growing camp, as well as Leorio's heartfelt speech that he got a huge chunk of votes. And the people clapping for leorio are some of those older and seasoned hunters you think wouldn't like his initial stunt but that's not what won those people specifically over to him.

The punch was the move that put him on the map and nothing more.

LOL

The hunter association hires assassins pretty often it seems. It actually might be true that the hunter association is full of trash that can't do shit. It's not like it comes as a surprise, we have seen far more weak hunters than strong ones but it still sucks that in the end hunters are generally worth shit.

But it wasn't coming out. Or at least it's reasonable to assume it wasn't coming out in response to Gon's intent. Losing his ability to see aura goes hand-in-hand with losing the ability to actively produce or use it. Of course, it's still present within and - to an extent - around him, otherwise he wouldn't be alive.

I don't know what the original argument was about but this needs to be made clear: He still HAS nen, and the passive nen around him would be seen by a nen-capable observer, but he cannot control or use it - nor can he see it.

If you're referring to Netero hiring Zeno, I think that was because of circumstance. Pariston was doing his part to actively screw up the invasion along the way, and Zeno was someone close Netero could keep the plan secret with.

I think the Hunters are generally decent, though a decent chunk of them end up as Pokkles. But it's also a matter of specialty: not all of them are going to be good at combat, but could have been very skilled in fields of study.

The person before thought Gon's aura was Gon.

That's a sexy Pitou

Attached: 1536337144478.gif (613x507, 1.28M)

I'm for the first time in a HxH general and I have a feeling gonfags have ruined this place.

Gonchads have been running this joint since 2010. COPE.

Attached: 1536104848429.png (749x53, 6K)

why is the fandom so obsessed with depicting alluka and nanika as cutesy little girls who've done nothing wrong
their coexistence is depicted as pretty creepy in the manga
nanika is a demonic wish granting parasite that demands people's organs
all their fanart is some sjw tranny bullshit

It is known that Ging is hated by most of the Hunter association despite his success. The Hunters generally aren't very concerned with formality or professionalism either. Keep in mind that in the second to last round a majority of the Hunters voted for a respected Zodiac, but the split vote gave Leorio a plurality

I am more of an SnKCHAD.
Huntervirgins are okay as background noise, though.

Attached: 1565292301984.gif (1677x5025, 3.91M)

If we consider the requests Nanika makes when she is in a normal state (so when she is not influenced by a previous wish), we can see they are mostly games or interactions with people. They are exactly the kind of requests a child who craves attention and wants to play would make. She starts asking cruel things only after a particular great wish has been asked of her. Why is that so? The answer lies hidden in the fact that Nanika is a child and children do imitate how the adults around them act. After she is granted 3 requests Nanika will grant a wish and I think this ability is born from Nanika’s desire to make other people happy, so that then they can give her more love. However, let’s look at the kind of wishes those around her have asked her: money, a computer, to kill others. All these requests are either materialistic or straight up cruel and dismissive towards others. The problem is that if a child sees the adults around her being happy for such things, she, in an attempt to be happy herself, will start asking for something similar. This is the hidden meaning of Nanika’s powers: her ability is probably born from her wish to make others happy and to be loved, but it becomes twisted if the adults around her teach her that being happy means damaging others and having things.

Actually Nanika’s whole mentality (which is expressed through her nen ability) of having to be a good girl to receive love is wrong because it is an idea of love which is conditional while love should be unconditional. However, Nanika even in her interactions with Killua shows this tendency. She asks him if she is a good girl and when he tries to make her disappear she starts repeating to him that she loves him in an attempt to gain his love back.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p7xyejgt0W1vg65li_640.png (619x408, 147K)

Attached: 43200717_p2.png (800x1080, 418K)

When was the last chapter LOL

9 months ago KEK

Leorio has been fucking Cheadle raw the entire boat trip.

Attached: 1496941830162.jpg (225x350, 41K)

Attached: pitou.jpg (500x368, 97K)

Chads, I finally got into this by starting the 2011 series maybe a month ago and i might have 4 episodes left. Where do i go from here? The manga chapter where it left off?

>The manga chapter where it left off?
Yes, I'd also stop visiting here until you're caught up to avoid spoilers

This person x and x This moment was one of the most absolute kino things I’ve ever watched

Patrician taste.

Attached: 1540090721132.png (1280x721, 675K)

Speedreader, we had dozens of foreshadowings about Gon's selfish morality and how it would be his undoing.

Nice headcanon.

>speedreader/watcher or falseflagger

Attached: 1445739858450.png (900x1020, 900K)

we don't know if nanika is a small child because it's a magical parasite
nanika/alluka also don't seem to see anything wrong with giving requests that will result in someone's death
regardless of the equivalent exchange rule displaying no remorse for these requests is odd when you consider alluka/nanika are painted as innocent, considerate children
but then again all the zoldycks have a problem with remorse

That's like me entering a bar, standing on a table and then saying I love to drink but I can't stand you drunk fucking retards and then leaving ??? No one is forcing you to be here, gtfo sperg

based

>Claiming to be an SnK chad and posting one of the least kino pages from SnK.

Attached: 1565729104098.jpg (1256x1278, 662K)

>marleyvirgin shitting up what could have been a teamup against hiatusmumblers
>kino kino kino
I don't read manga for the cinematic parts of it, capeshitfag.

This is still one of my favorite moments in the series, simple though it is. Shame it was retroactively rendered devoid of meaning.

>pre-basement fag thinking virgin pre timeskip Eren protecting Mikasa with Fouding Titan powers is an "epic moment" kys yourself.
The entirety of SnK before the basement is below average crap, oh and I don't need to team up with you fags for something as pathetic as falseflagging and shitting up other threads, now go cope in the corner.

Attached: 1565442008109.jpg (540x435, 42K)

>epic moment
>kill yourself yourself
>doesn't even like the manga
>Thinks everyone else is a falseflagger, though
You're embarrassing us.

Attached: 1556446525329.gif (3436x1800, 1.85M)

>Newfag arrows
I don't need to embarass you, you guys are already embarassing yourselves enough when you falseflag other threads to try stirring shit between fanbases and get instantly BTFO everytime, the only good SnKfans are the ones who stay in their threads and don't start shit with others for the sake of promoting a manga and that took 10 years to get "good"

Attached: 1563856263220.png (369x651, 224K)

>Muh detached and cruel mc
New Eren is edgier and more of a faggot than ever before. Being a dickwad doesn't make you a chad.

Attached: 1536798982384.jpg (1125x2253, 528K)

Read the latest chapter slowly speedreading faggot

I'll be honest, I'm two chapters behind, so if something happens to prove me wrong then I admit defeat. I'm skeptical though, and plenty of people have read even less than me and still think he's more of a chad.

Fair enough, I wasn't the one to bring up AoT but rest assured I'll let this conversation die if I can.

Yes do read the latest chapter, everything edgy Eren did was so he can reach the paths with the help of Zeke, i'll let you find out by yourself.

god why is chrollo so ugly

>god why is chrollo so beautiful
ftfy

Attached: Dgnewug.png (556x437, 129K)

Hair down danchou is the cutest. Preorders when

Attached: D8lTLfbUwAAudHt.jpg_large.jpg (684x722, 52K)

Oh fuck, I gotta buy that.

You know, when I come into a Hunter x Hunter thread there's a lot that crosses my mind. The legacy of the greatest shounen ever written. I mean consider that for a minute. This amazingly well written and extremely complex piece of literature has been going on for several decades now and is still going. Not only that but it is still popular, still gaining new fans and keeping old ones happily around.

Hunter x Hunter is not just a manga, its not just genre deconstructing, its not just one of the greatest stories ever told. It is proof that man can achieve greatness in all its meanings. The story we have been discussing, months on end, years on end, it is evidence of a true understanding of nuanced and complex themes. A culture within itself.

So when I come into a Hunter x Hunter thread I feel like im not only here with my fellow Hunterchads. I am here with everyone else, experiencing the magic that is HxH. Even the poor and misguided who either havnt read it or consider it sub-par are here with us. Giving attention and time to a story that is older then most of us here today.

I see great discussion day after day. New points being brought up and old ones being held high for the board to see. It was through years of dedicated posting that these threads have gotten to this point. Intense and amazing discussion backed by some of the most quality memes found on the internet. And its all thanks to the Hunterchads who have kept it all going.

So when I go into a Hunter x Hunter thread a few things cross my mind, but the one thing that always reigns true is how great it is to be a Hunterchad, to be apart of a legacy decades old that continues to hold its own with strength, intelligence and grace. That's what it means to be a Hunterchad.

Attached: 1530805646793.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

Based

Attached: 1565746761078.jpg (499x499, 160K)

I'm considering getting all 4. I wish there were more accessories but at least they're giving us Gon-san, assassin + cat Killua, and hair down danchou.

Attached: ugzfbatrz7331.jpg (1078x1094, 527K)

What site?

y'okay.

Pre-orders for Gon and Killua are available on goodsmileshop I think

Nenpilled.

Attached: 1531927841200.jpg (239x250, 12K)

Based.

Attached: 1558607739439.jpg (187x187, 18K)

VERY

>no Hisoka figure
Trash.

clownfag keked by quwrofchad once again

>nendo
trash

Hisoka will die of old age.

Es sabido

Attached: 1528814355428.png (554x400, 128K)

>He's definitely fucked for a 12 year old but i wouldn't really call him a sociopath
Finally, someone who understands. Hunterchads know that Gon isn’t a sociopath.

Kike?

No he will steal the nitro rice from V6 and live forever just like Don, Hisoka is immortal.

Attached: l9LNtSn.png (130x63, 26K)

Basado hermano

youtu.be/7l_x9R6yAxQ

>still going

Attached: 1537150982913.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

How is he any different from any other copy paste happy go lucky Goku shonen protag that gets dark and serious when someone hurts his friends? Hunterucks really are the most delusional autistic fanbase

Attached: naruto.jpg (500x375, 31K)

>Naruto
>Nagato kills his teachers and destroys whole village
>dude i forgive you, just believe in hope datebayo
>Obito was the coolest guy

>Gon

Attached: 15521.jpg (966x521, 174K)

Because he isn't interested in "protecting his friends" he cares about selfish revenge only and wouldn't mind sacrificing innocents in the process, a sociopath kid who doesn't care about the general definitions of morality and acts based on his curiosity and instincts, immature and contradicts himself when things don't go his way, pushed his only friend away from him and hurt his feelings for selfish reasons, and now they are separated so they can recover from a broken relationship, a shounen protagonist in a world where shounen doesn't work.

Attached: 1563481507687.png (377x314, 170K)

Based.

Attached: d9ykkk4-09704626-5634-4c7f-ac65-fae2dca9d8b6.jpg (1000x730, 247K)

痛みを返すぜ
youtube.com/watch?v=jrrYUBbvFZg

Attached: MrPortorUmbrella.jpg (342x517, 57K)

Shut Tserriednich. The only sociopath right here is you and no you will not become King. Good luck with your 10 seconds in the future, you will Benjamin eats your heart out and take his rightful place as King since he’s the eldest brother.

>obvious falseflagger
doubt you even watch that shit naruto

Well it could have been good if at least he lost that arm...or his nen...or at least have a remarkable change in character afterwards...or at least kite stayed dead...or killua didn't wanted to be friends with him anymore .. you know any kind of consequences. But how it seems, Togashit can only rely on the yet biggest asspull in manga history and makes alluka

You forgot your tvtropes image, Mungus.

Attached: ThisKillsTvTropesfags.jpg (3000x2444, 1.58M)

This was most likely an empty threat. You think Gon is too stupid to use a strategy that involves lies? On second thought, don't answer that.

The only one I agree with is Killua and that's because I think it'd be more interesting character development than just ripping the needle out.
Also adult Gon would get btfo by the king.

Try at least to read nigga, I only talked about one (1) asspull. An you can't even put up an argument against it? Typical whisperchad

>we knew about Alluka's existence since the first arc and she was shown directly in Chimera Ant arc
>we knew that the HxH world was way bigger than we were told since the FIRST fucking page that literally says "unexplored lands"
>we knew that there were strange creatures since the Hunter Examm (the shapeshifting things that took Gon and his friends to the exam location, that big ass turtle with strawberries, that giant frog etc)
>we knew that there were stronger powers that went way beyond nen ever since Melody told s about the Sonata of Darkness.
>Killua didn't use Nanika before because of Illumi's needle and also how dangerous it would be to reveal to the world of Nanika's existence. He used Nanika only because of the extreme situation that Gon was in.
>Silva literally says "that thing comes from somewhere else, its not of this world"
>Nanika is a confirmed AI (one of the 5 calamities from the DC)
>Zigg Zoldyck was in the DC and he brought to the human world an AI
>AIs are based on "co-dependance of desire"

Consider actually reading the series before shitposting.

Attached: alluka.png (1876x1784, 1.84M)

>no leorio
the disrespect

Based

All this HXH 2deep4u is funny because people who unironically love this shit and think like that are bunch of edgelords and everything they will point out as good stuff is actually just usual edgy degenerate stuff.

He constantly gets shafted in merch. But Hiskoa doesn’t get as much attention as he deserves either, Kurapika gets way more attention than he deserves for how little he’s done up until this point.

>optimistic naive kids turn into psychopath who care about nothing but muh revenge
Utrla realism supported by G-force-8000.
I know you are shitposting but this kind of thinking is just personal opinion and projection, as result of poor understanding of human psyche or rather having zero understanding of it, at all.

>a nigh-omnipotent creature just happens to live in Killua's basement that will grant him any wishes in return of own wishes
>oh and Killua doesn't actually have to even do anything in return since he is such a good friends with it
But it came from the big spooky continent so that makes it perfectly fine huh?

This.

Attached: 12AB5F0C-C1E0-46D0-A2A2-EE6529A35F6C.jpg (736x606, 173K)

Great picture, but why is her big toe where the pinkie toe should be.

Reminder that tvtropes poster admitted that he skipped eps

Attached: tvtropesposter.png (868x308, 58K)

Wait what

Attached: 1564476868906.jpg (158x123, 10K)

Snk fanbase is worse. Their manga is actual trash

Attached: TheyActuallyBelieveThis.jpg (1264x569, 800K)

>episodes
Now THAT is funny, giving two shits about episodes of anime which is mediocre adaptation and have shitty pacing, which makes most of it's "content" to be unnecessary long sequences that add absolutely nothing to anything.
And well, skipping part doesn't change the point of the arguments, it's just a shitty exuse to avoid his arguments because don;t even know what to answer in return.
I mean it's all obvious when your replies are:"speedreader/watcher, watch teh series"
you can;t point out the exact moments that would serve as good counter point because you don't remember them or probably didn't watch/read the series and just dumb shitposter.

The "boring" episodes are usually the ones with most exposition and information sharing/information analysis and characters coming to conclusions, when you skip them to get to "muh fights" you have forfeited every right to ever speak about HxH because your arguments hold no weight.

Hope they get new figmas at some point. I own the three that was made back in the day (Gon, Killua and Kurapika), and they are pretty cool, even though I had to pay out the ass for them, especially Killua. I would pay top dollar for figmas of Characters like Hisoka, Meruem and Kite though, it's a shame such awesome characters don't have more merchandise

Find a flaw.

Since "power levels" are obviously hard to define in HxH, I take it to mean general tactical ability alongside nen ability. For example, somebody like Knov who's ability is an amazing tactical utility of monumental scale, even if he'd job to say, Hisoka or Chrollo. Hence why I think he should be high.

Attached: NEN TIER COMPLETE.png (1064x2093, 2.36M)

BASED AND HUNTERPILLED

>exposition
It contains no valuable information as it's nothing but constant description of what x character is thinking, narrating every single scene as if everyone is too dumb to understand what is happening, and all of it with extremely shitty pacing that makes what could take few minutes into ten minute sequence.
It is by far worst part of any shounen series, they all prolonging sequences with their inner monologues and dialogues which hold no real value whatsoever, because it's simply exist to prolong manga pages and then anime, something so basic you pseudo intellectuals probably don't even know.
And that's why skipping it holds no problem because I didn't miss a thing by not listening another pointless mambo jambo, besides even if there was any valuable info, it matters not because later it will be either forgotten or completely pointless because asspulls
Just the fact that Netero had a nuclear bomb in his chest completely kills the point of entire battle with Meruem, and it's contradictory on the fact that Meruem couldn't be damaged by Netero most powerful attack but killed by nuke or rather radiation.
Why? because Togashi is lazy and it was just convinient for him.
>"muh fights"
Can't be anymore retarded to blame someone in not appreciating muh pseudo-intellectual mambo jambo in a series that is essentially is about muh fights.
It's funny that retards like think HxH is some 2deep4u shit when it's the opposite, no character in this even has a complex background or strong beliefs and philosophy, it's anticlimax and trashy as hell yet underages thik it's deep, that's just laughable.

cope

You keep saying it holds no real value when it actually does, or are you too dumb to realise this ? a life or death operation with 5 million human lives on the lines and we get 2 episodes of characters planning it out and taking every variable into consideration, if you can't put up with a manga that treats situations with a realistic approach then stick to black clover.

>Goku does this 2 decades prior and no one says anything

Brainlet unironically seething. Go back to whatever simplistic trash you came from if you can't handle multilayered conflict and information warfare, simpleton.

Attached: D-og691XYAA-cBL.jpg (270x420, 38K)

>Netero had a nuclear bomb in him so it's all pointless and kills the entire battle.
Haven't seen an opinion this retarded in a very long time, lurk more and type once you actually know what you are saying.

Based.

Attached: 1538000595960.png (1404x1360, 532K)

>Illumi in higher tier than Hisoka

This madness again?

Do your readings again.

Attached: gon noooo.jpg (1268x1362, 469K)

How are you preparing for the hiatus anniversary? Only 4 weeks to go

Attached: HxH Chart.png (1250x576, 52K)

Man, people really do have low iqs when it comes to this shit. Shit, even high iq retards would waste their time responding to this.

why are pariston, tse, and kuroro such kino villains, bros?

Reading volume 35/36 and then just drawing some shit. God I’ve been through longer hiatuses but this current one is like a Netero vs king type of hiatus for me, the mafia finally began its war and just leaves us for a whole year so far. Hopefully it’s not longer then 3 years, but you never know

This awesome thread is a madhouse! Literally chaos and riot between speedreading brainlets and Hunterchads. Throw tvtropesfags and Magnus and you have war!

hiatus

asspull

Is there a better love story than the arrogance of HxH fags and the continuous hiatus of their beloved series?

Yes user, the love story between you and Togashi since he lives rent free in your head 24/7, you struggle so hard but you can never stop thinking about him.

Attached: 1538585359527.png (806x816, 575K)

So same as HxH fags just that I can read something better and am not stuck with hiatus x hiatus.

the way amerifags call Kuroro 'Chrollo' triggers me so much

Attached: FGmzBmd.png (706x377, 175K)

jojo

No one is forcing you to read HxH or come to HxH threads user, you choose to do so because you cannot stop thinking about Togashi, when you wake up, while you are showering, when you doze off in elementary class, truth be told, you are also stuck with hiatus, once the hiatus is over you won't be able to post about it anymore and you'd have to find real arguments, and when that finally happens you will read HxH to try and spot issues and end up becoming one of us, convert already, it's your fate.

Attached: 1564443913846.jpg (1384x881, 701K)

But Chrollo is the superior sounding name. Do you say Supada instead of Sparda too?

>once the hiatus is over
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes user, the hiatus should be over in a few months, i never claimed it would be permanently over, i only said that HxH is coming back since the storyboards for chapter 390-400 have been completed for 9 months now, it has comeback from hiatus dozens of times, I don't see the issue with claiming that Hiatus will be over soon.

Attached: 1499934962942.png (292x269, 104K)

Why do you call it hiatus x hiatus? Because it's either in hiatus or you're waiting for the hiatus.

No we call it Hiatus x Hiatus because the hiatus will never end, it's part of what the manga is at this point, all we can do is wait for new chapters and then expect another hiatus right after, and that's the truth of HxH, a real fan would never expect Hiatus to end permanently.

Attached: 1565655369320.jpg (400x500, 178K)

Kek

>and it's contradictory on the fact that Meruem couldn't be damaged by Netero most powerful attack but killed by nuke or rather radiation.
Nen was never set up as being the end all be all though? Even in that arc the most powerful people were the normal politicians who run the world from the background and guns have always had effectiveness against nen users with the exception of incredibly strong enhancers like Uvo who can just tank them.

But a fantasy dirty bomb at point blank is more destructive than both the Apex of the Chimera ants and arguably one of the strongest human nen users alive. Nothing contradictory here.

*Ahem*

Attached: 155312.jpg (1586x1411, 650K)

That's a very based list user.

how the fuck do you even say 'Chrollo'? the anime clearly says Kuroro. How you get Chrollo from Quwrof?

Gon und Kite genuinely cared for each other. From mentor and pupil to life forged best friends

The CA indeed is a masterpiece

They killed 123 hunters, kinda bullshit but what I can do about it.

By pronouncing Chrollo english speakers get closer to how japanese pronounce Kuroro. If an english speaker without experience tries to pronounce Kuroro it will sound like shit and nothing like it's supposed to sound. Since the japanese pronounce those names very fast and fluidly and have generally no distinction between the l and r sound it can easily be heard as such.

>SnKCHAD

Attached: 1565538252499.jpg (700x766, 360K)

Zeno's Hatsu isn't transmutation type though, did i miss something ?

Shaping your aura is transmutation

Attached: 1432.jpg (700x335, 290K)

It's inconsistent in the sense that this is the same Gon who talked Kurapika out of getting revenge in Yorknew. However, it's the kind of inconsistency that isn't an error or a flaw because it shows how he's changed.

I didn’t choose the hiatus life, the hiatus life choose me

>hair blowing several meters out of his head
>no pubes

Fuck, that's a lot and kinda bullshit yeah. For that many nen users to get obliterated by two people only, it takes some unbelievable power gap. The invasion team was way weaker than the royal guards and they were just a bunch of guys, but with preparation and team work they managed to hold their ground. Here the hunters were ten times in greater numbers and they got wiped out with ease, like they were some nenless hunter exam jobbers.

fuck off, retard

Bisky

Attached: 34096468_p1.jpg (750x1035, 139K)

I want to rape Bisky

Attached: 1565309985263.png (802x692, 1.07M)

>If a character isn't 100% in the right and autistic about never swaying from "muh ideals", that's bad writing.
Psst, character's like Shirou are shit and only people who are childish and retarded enjoy people that fucking rigid and naive.

Top 3 most based nen abilities:
>Scream (Window to the Void)
>Bloody Mary (Bloodless World)
>Skill Hunter (Bandit's Secret)

Attached: PrinceBased.jpg (330x400, 119K)

I was kinda mad and upset about it though. I wouldn’t mind if they killed 30 or 50 but more than that?! No way, sorry Togashi but you screwed here.

Hehe.

Hisoka will die of old age.

TRIPFAG!

Nothing wrong with dub though...

Attached: 1462924525356.jpg (1488x2096, 399K)

The HA exists for 298 years and the exam are each year different. There are many exams where more than 10 can pass and become hunters. Also people can always retake the exam next year and nen users are allowed to take the exam.

Nope, 661 hunters at the time.

There's always that one faggot that overthinks this fucking series and types up another copy pasta cringe summary

Like who?

You can't overthink art retard

You're the fucking idiot I'm referring to

Some exams are easier than the others and not all the examinees nor the exam are the same. Lot of people, nen users and veterans of all caliber can take the exams and the next years.

>The hunter exams are a true and legit plothole so fuck off retard
No and the only retard here is you.

>so I don't believe in an overwhelming amount of aged hunters.
But I do.

:(

ok thanks for your input.

>psychopath
retard

An army of puppets!

:)

>The hunter association hires assassins pretty often it seems.
Where the fucking fuck did you get that?
>It actually might be true that the hunter association is full of trash that can't do shit.
Headcanon, not canon.
>we have seen far more weak hunters than strong ones
Give example.
>but it still sucks that in the end hunters are generally worth shit.
Hunters are pretty good fighters and smart nen users, most of them are. There some weak or average but most of them are competent.

I can't take that cancer seriously without laughing or cringe inside.

Attached: evil Tserriednich.png (396x403, 116K)

Kurapika Kurta

Attached: Kurapika Kurta.jpg (835x749, 107K)

is a cute girl

Attached: 1565631312689.png (666x636, 892K)

Based

Attached: 1563572568912.png (675x1200, 499K)

This one, Lelouch?

Attached: ASS PULL x ASSPULLS.jpg (726x847, 267K)

what the fuck did you just awaken in me, does this mean i'm into traps now ?

Attached: 1444342235259.jpg (640x960, 44K)

Attached: wasted chimera ants plot.jpg (749x917, 287K)

This isn't my responsibility user, you choose what you're into

Attached: Kurapika.full.1666693.jpg (967x1400, 134K)

Yes

Attached: 1564706802386.gif (370x278, 883K)

Man... It feels good to be a Hunterchad.

Indeed.

Attached: 1555252838102.jpg (500x577, 95K)

>''power levels''
>this shit again
God I truly want to destroy this shithole of a earth.

H-Hi, wanna do it together ^^

Attached: 1565654936992.jpg (595x842, 95K)

>pretending HxH has anything remotely resembling good writing
god you HxH niggers really are delusional lmao

Attached: ParisHillton.jpg (597x672, 259K)

>imagine thinking X is good
god u Xfags are so delusional lmao
Anyone can do it, give solid arguments or don't type

Attached: 1565650263423.jpg (330x400, 90K)

Attached: 300-3003923_hisoka-hunter-x-hunter-transparent.png (566x543, 137K)

Attached: 1565727000522.jpg (800x1195, 165K)

cope

Oh no, this can't be, Kurapika has a dick after all..why does it have it be like this..

Attached: stop.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

With pleasure :^)

Attached: Luini sees.png (443x491, 228K)

The point of that scene was to show how much Gon's emotions for Kite had taken over and how he wasn't himself.

Hunter dub is kino.

will gon finish writing the book before togashi dies?
(would be really neat if togashi or some1 else made what gon wrote, would be interesting to see what he remembers about every event)

Attached: Lucy_Nervous.png (265x319, 229K)

This and fuck the haters.

their only saving grace is that the snk anime is kino

Attached: 0104-002.png.jpg (723x830, 50K)

An appropriate blurb because that's just what I did.

Yo am I still banned?

>inconsistent writing
>protagonist is a shitter
>author basically needs to keep an encyclopedia on the characters because theres too goddamn many
>so much more
pick one dumb nigger. you can like shit but don't pretend its good.

>Gives 3 generalised garbage tier arguments that don't make sense and then >so much more
You can't make this up user, stop falseflagging no one likes you, it's fine if you didn't read HxH, you can do it one day then comeback and give me real arguments, i'll overlook the fact that you just embarassed yourself with that post.

Attached: 1564095953541.png (472x441, 139K)

Someone post that bingo image "what Yea Forums says, what Yea Forums means" with the "plot holes, trying to be deep etc..."

>legitimate criticisms are now garbage tier arguments
the level or retardation from you niggers never ceases to amaze me. you want somestuff a bit more detailed how about this
power hierarchy is a bad joke every arc is a fucking climb and when you think "hmmm theyre decent hunters" nah nigger, turns out they suck ass. gotta climb that proverbial ladder again
the plot is a meme "oh my daddy left to go find something thrilling" how fucking compelling
the art is shit at best, id honestly would rather read one piece at least those characters are drawn in such an exaggerated way its almost comical. the overall flow and pacing of the show is all over the goddamn pace and characters do shit that's out of character for them simply to progress the plot.

theres more but I know typing out more would just fall on your deaf ears you dumb hxh nigger. ill overlook the fact you embarrassed yourself with that post. heres your last (you)

Is there any roster of antagonists in fiction that can complete with HxH?

Attached: 155352.jpg (1200x600, 528K)

> inconsistent writing isn’t shit because of programed foreshadow response
Literal retards

>>legitimate criticism
>claims inconsistent writing without anything to back it up whatsoever
>calls protagonist a shitter without explaining why
>his pea brain can't follow the succession war arc even though Togashi provides exposition pages therefore it's bad
>so much more guys i swear
You've truly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hxhfags are just NPCs responding to you with pre-made phrases with your sizzling criticism bro how will they ever recover from this
You fucking retard

Attached: DbjZEIpV0AAW_BW.jpg (576x432, 34K)

You just wrote all this and said nothing..again, it's like you are trying really hard to say something but don't have any information to base it on, the only good point is the art, but then again that has nothing to do with your original post criticising "the writing", and if you think you have more to write go ahead, i would love to hear some legit criticism except this time can you actually talk about HxH and not mention generalised garbage ? I know it might be hard since you didn't read HxH, and can give an exemple of a character doing something out of character ? I'm genuinly confused at this point, life must be really hard as someone who tries falseflagging HxH threads and fails everytime, i sympathise with you.

>explain plot holes
>in a series with nothing but plot holes

Can you even read, you idiot?

It's not inconsistent, Gon's nature was foreshadowed from chapter 2, and then we had continuous characters say that his pure innocent curiosity would be his undoing, characters like Wing Bisky Kite and Zepile have not just hinted, but literally a full monologuea about Gon's morality, please stop speedreading brainlet faggot.

It's not the response that was foreshadowed. It was Gon's amoral character as shown here. Google what that means since you're a literal retard.

Seems like Hunterchads won once again baby

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1280x720, 525K)

All you did was tie uncorrelated events to a complete mistake from the author in efforts to cover up his shit writing. If you retards can’t see that Gon did the same thing he spazzed on Nobu about than you dumb hunter fucks are the exact reason why Togashi puts no effort into keeping the story consistent.

>plot holes
>bad writing
Are you going to complain about "bad pacing" next ? You'll complete the holy trifecta of retarded Yea Forumsnon not knowing what the fuck he's talking about trying to sound smart critiquing a series he doesn't like

Attached: 1496533725388.png (229x137, 57K)

It's not hard to win when our enemies are falseflaggers and seething brainlets with below average IQ, it's our fault for expecting any form of intelligence from people on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1565450833738.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>ad hominem
This is the best the mongrel intellect has to offer?

If there are on average 3 new hunters every year that means that number of hunters would take 220 years to produce, and that's if not a single hunter dies in 220 years from age or combat.
If someone doesn't like plotholes, bad art, hiatuses, or homosexuals, then this isn't the series for them.

Attached: 1556233461500.png (396x310, 62K)

We literally cannot lose. Based passionate Hunterchads. Brings a tear to my fucking eye seeing you all so vigorous, even during the long hiatus.

Attached: sdfgs86cgahcd64.jpg (500x281, 97K)

>Uncorrelated events
>Complete mistake
How is it a mistake when he purposefully made Gon walk up to Pitou cry and try to kill her and then snap and turn into a psychopath who threatens a little girl, a mistake is something like having already written an entire arc and then not knowing how to end it, again, Gon's nature was foreshadowed so hard, that you have to try in order to miss it aka you have to skip dozens of episodes where this is displayed, it's literally one of the main themes of the protagonist from the first chapters and all we did was wait until the right conditions were fulfiled and Gon was presented with a situation that his morality cannot solve.

Netero my Hero

Killua had to stop him from killing Komugi and Pitou before though, he did not give a single shit about her

How can you say >ad hominem when you started your entire shit argument with calling hunterchads retards and then furiously seething in every post instead of talking about anything in the manga that isn't an Yea Forums meme, the absolute state of falseflaggers who try shitting up Hunterchads threads, reveal your nature already and concede.

>the plot is a meme "oh my daddy left to go find something thrilling" how fucking compelling
How wasn't it? Looking for Ging took us from a dangerous exam, to a battle arena, to mafia filled new york, to the most insane LARP ever, to north Korea being invaded by bugmen from beyond the borders, finally arriving an election where the Main character's own father lives up to his reputation of being a shitter.

And then we ditch two of the MC's to go on a boat to the aformentioned dark continent and that's turned into Game of Thrones x Jojo on a boat.

I know you're just shitposting but that's very compelling for a premise of "let's go find the main character's father"

To be fair it's mostly shitposting. Doesn't make it that much better to ironically act like a retard but at least it's not all genuine retards

I wish chimera ant arc had a decent pacing like all the other arcs in the anime instead of being extremely drawn out. I understand that it's the most famous arc of the manga and that it appeared for the first time in animated format but at least for the minor battles they could have showed a quicker pace.

Don't even bother, he doesn't know what you're talking about, his only knowledge on HxH is what Yea Forums told him, continuing to prove this everytime he tries to reply, it's actually humorous and pathetic at this point.

Attached: 1558641523618.png (883x628, 758K)

I wish the rest of the anime was as a good as the chimera arc. I know the running gag with the fandom is that togashi is christ himself come down to bless mortals with divine inspired literature but it's terrible until yorknew.

Except for Greed Island which is one of the worst shounen arcs in general I find the rest to be decent. But it's true yorknew and chimera ant are the best ones.

Finally some non-falseflagger criticism, I kinda agree user, sometimes the pace was questionable for a couple of episodes, the stakes were very high tho and Togashi took his time writing every single point of view because he wanted to develop every single character especially during the palace invasion, usually people would complain about characters they like not getting any developement and being dissapointed which is something Togashi did not want with the CA arc, so he took his time building it up.

Attached: 1564286483555.png (239x255, 138K)

I don't criticize the manga pace just the anime one. I read the manga version before watching the anime and it had the perfect length.

A lot of people enjoyed GI because it was a fun and chill adventure, but it's sandwiched between the 2 best arcs so it ends up in a weird position, it all comes down to personal taste, the battle with Razor was great but the arc mostly fails because of Genthru.

greed island is a pile of dog shit. None of the others arcs are particularly bad except for their endings. They all end anticlimactically and it reeks of togashi being too lazy to actually give a satisfying ending. Not to mention he relies too much on structured events whether it's an exam or an arena or a game.

Honestly I've love to actually discuss HxH but I avoid the threads like the plague because it's filled with obsessed retards or old fags who have nothing left to talk about so they just ironically act like retards. I don't understand how they don't move on.
ironically acting like a retard is almost worse than being just a retard

Poor Gon :(

I think if people approached Greed Island as both a training arc for Gon and Killua, as well as exposition on the goings of Ging it might go over better. I actually like this arc enough to put it in my top 3 of HxH arcs but I can't disagree with people who don't like it because they don't enjoy Genthru as much as I do and weren't interested in the chase around the island with cards and exploring.

To your point it's in an awkward position

He was going for Pitou, not Komugi. And I said he regained his calmness after that, not before

Togashi could have invested those precious chapters in something better. If Greed Island was shorter maybe there would have been time for a badly needed small Leorio arc.

>I don't understand how they don't move on.
legitimate mental disorders, see the pitou spam. It's MLP brony tier

That's exactly how i approached it, a chill training arc for the MCs with a bit of plot progression for Ging, the training was very interesting, I didn't care much for Genthru or his gang, objectively one of the worst HxH characters, but i still really enjoy the card game vibe and Bisky is best girl alongside Morena and Oito.

It's for his own good
t.pedoclown

Attached: 1498233688261.png (202x262, 68K)

It's possible that once in a while 15 a 20 hunters pass the exam. Especially if they know nen and/or are with a large group of friends/members.

Since most hunters are trash the most realistic thing is that at one point in time the requirements to become a hunter were extremely low. Literally everything else doesn't make sense for both the quality of the average hunter and the number of active hunters existing.

best plot hole is how nen is somehow still a secret to the masses. Kind of made sense when hunters were treated like this elite class of individuals but now they are all clearly jokes

Yeah Togashi really didn't have any vision at all when he included modern technology into his world but still expected everyone to be clueless. It seems even more like a joke because we live in an age of constant surveillance. There are tons of weak and dishonest nen users, there shouldn't be any reason at all for it to be a well hidden secret.

Not to mention the internet is run on nen. Like holy shit togashi you wanna elaborate on that world building a bit? No? Alrightly then

It probably isn't "hidden" but disguised as other things, for exemple really talented individuals at anything can develop nen that helps with whatever their profession is, doctors board game players etc, people see them as geniuses and then there are people who read fortunes or exorcise curses, nen curses that persist are invoked after death and carry their user's hatred or resentment or will, all these things exist in the world of HxH and you even saw how many people big on Greed Island, a nen game, Nen isn't hidden as much as it's disguised as other things.

it's shonen, despite the shitposters you've got to ignore the flaws to enjoy it

take gon playing in the forest and becoming stronger than all the adults who trained their whole life and repeatedly taken the exam only to fail while the preteen protagonist wins

>Since most hunters are trash
Again, headcanon and simply said not true.
>the most realistic thing is that at one point in time the requirements to become a hunter were extremely low.
As many said before me, one exam is different than the other and some of them are hard and some of them are easy or at the edge. Everyone one can take the exam ranging from vetarans to nen users and from a squad to a bunch of friends. The examinators also play a role with their task and stage.

Yeah, take the shadow bests for example, considered jobbers by most even tho I believe they were not that bad. They lost in a 4 vs 1 against Uvo but they were able to damage him and corner him, and if Rabid Dog had chosen a lethal poison, they would have won pretty easily. Those 100+ hunters, even if they were weaker than the SB, should have been able to overpower Illumi and Hisoka by sheer number. I don't like shows where a single character can solo a mob of enemies, and here they were all nen users as well, not just normal humans. Makes no sense that with all that people they couldn't find a way to take on two nen users. Hisoka and Illumi are strong but not royal guard or Meruem level of strong, all it takes is a couple of people with the right abilities working together with a decent strategy

The world in HxH literally doesn't make sense. It doesn't even feel like a consistent world, it feels like someone just made shit up as he went along. Even One Piece, Naruto and Dragonball manage to create a coherent world that makes sense but HxH is like it was created out of different lego parts, just put together whatever the fuck you want.

bet* not big

yeah but nen itself is hidden. Not a single person has revealed it to the masses since the dawn of time despite its wide spread use. Like if we were taking about a world in feudal times sure. But it's a modern world with phones and internet and videos. It literally would take a single person to share it and it's never happened?

>Not to mention the internet is run on nen
Wut? That's not true

It's kind of like that little flash back in the chimera arc that obviously references a great war. Meanwhile none of it is referenced anywhere. No ruins, no craters in the ground, no people with missing limbs or anyone even talking about it. Just a one and done.

Which I get it this was written for children. But it really makes me role my eyes when you see these manchildren day in and out spamming this shit and either genuinely believing it's some masterpiece of literature or ironically wasting their time pushing that meme

>Not to mention the internet is run on nen.
What?
>best plot hole is how nen is somehow still a secret to the masses
It's not though? At best nen is regarded as some form of psychic power which is accurate since most nen abilities aren't going to be visible to the average person. Next major areas where Nen would be commonplace all operate on various levels of secrecy, even Heaven's arena restricts the 200th and up floor to members and there's no evidence that the matches are broadcast to the general public.

And people seem to forget that this is a setting filled with all kinds of magical creatures and strange phenomenon. Including the Dark Continent which is an open secret to the world. Nen is hard to observe, most groups we see use it operate with discretion. And the ones who don't (the troupe) still wouldn't ping much because their own people know about nen for the most part and people like the mafia who they attacked in York Shin know about it on various levels too.

>Again, headcanon and simply said not true.
Hisoka and Illumi killed over 120 in a day. And the hunter association sure as fuck wouldn't send their weakest members to die. You can meme around how Hisoka and Illumi are exceptional but if those hunters were truly strong and experienced it would have been literally impossible to be completely wiped out with Hisoka and Illumi barely giving a shit.

I can count the strong hunters in the series on two hands.

I thought that this was copypasta, but it turns out that this thread has been alive for the past three weeks, what a twist

the most basic forms of nen like the alignment individuals are born into and their aura are all a secret

Again, it exists, but people don't know it as "nen" they know it as other things, probably never knowing those things tie to eachother and are all part of one big powersystem, every culture has it's own definition of these supernatural occurences, the Hunter association however has full understanding of how it works or how it's awakened, my personal theory is that very early on Togashi didn't think it 100% through but at one point it was too late and we are left with a "plothole" and he just had to continue with it, the plothole is never really significant to the story it's only important if you discuss the world of HxH.

I agree on you with that part and I was kinda shocked and upset about it. But Hisoka and Illumi didn't kill all those 123 hunters in one fight. Both of them fought 20 hunters at a time and some of them were temp hunters and many were rookies as well. They did kill 8 pro hunters. Also Hisoka killed Bushidora and Terradein.

Yeah and then for some reason he tried to patch work it with that added little rule about the Hunter organization threatening to go after anyone who reveals the secrets of nen. As if the people they accept like hisoka would give even the slightest damns about that

>people gating on Greed Island
Jesus, shut the fuck up.
Volleyball game with Razor and fight with Genthru alone dabs on 90% shonen arcs.

Attached: Both Hands.jpg (970x525, 94K)

Based

wow gon is so super cool!

When was that ever mentioned that the Hunter association will go after people who reveal Nen.

meh, acting like a retard is fun

The point that user is making is that too many people know about nen for it to be a secret. There are far more nen users than there are hunters. It just takes one person to share the secret. It's super easy to prove that nen exists. They have modern communication tools too so it's literally impossible that the public is so ignorant.

We are talking here about literal superhuman abilities and not just some information. Something that hundreds of thousands of people could acquire if they just knew about it. And I think this is what Togashi fears. We have seen talentless hacks acquire nen abilities, he wants it to be special so he doesn't want to share it with the world but it's kinda dumb. Even in Naruto chakra and jutsus were public knowledge and it fit in well.

hisoka would do it for shits and giggles and then cream himself at the thought of them coming after him

hey I'm just saying what I've heard countless fans say. That was one of the biggest reasons they claimed no hunter has gone on to reveal the secret about nen

How to utilize nen and what nen actually is is a secret to the masses because most of them don't know how to make use of it.
It's like in Dragon Ball, where people were throwing around balls of ki and blowing up the arena, and people just went with it because they were martial artists.

I know right? He's fucking crazy

Yes, it's pretty much the only thing with HxH that i have an issue with, and it's not even that relevant to the plot as much as it's only relevant for world building, things like Nanika which is a deus ex machina can be tolerated if he can explain more of her powers in the Dark Continent arc, Zygg zoldyck having ventured to the DC probably brought it back and Killua leaving his sister in their basement might be a result of Illumi's control or his own selfishness because spending time with his boyfriend Gon made him forget about Alluka, but the infinite wishing contradicts Nen, so i hope we get more info on it.

No matter the rational explanation, the fact remains that this piece of writing forever tarnished the hunter association and reputation of the average hunter. Ever since Togashi revealed details about hunters and the organization itself it went completely downhill with what we expected hunters to be.

Maybe this is what Togashi wants, maybe he wants to make the organization flawed in a more realistic sense. If this is what he wanted then he achieved it.

>best plot hole is how nen is somehow still a secret to the masses
It's not a secret. People aware of nen, but they don't know exactly how it works

Yeah, I hated the part about 123 hunters getting killed and I think it's one of Togashi's mistake in general. Sure they didn't kill all those hunters in one single fight and yes 15 of them were temp hunters, fat old Terradein and cocky Bushidora and half of the 98 were rookies but then we go to the part of 8 pro hunters. Really Hisoka and Illumi should have been heavily wounded or killed fighting that many number of nen users. That's why I disliked the Election arc a bit. I hope many other hunters are elite fighters and badasses because the hunters showed their true talents, fighting spirits and what it meant to be a true Hunter in CA arc.

Will you stop making shit up and get the fuck out of here if you haven't even read the fucking thing? Are you the same fag who claimed internet runs on nen? Shut your mouth

Yeah i've read and watched HxH several times i can confirm this was never mentioned.

what's stopping a hunter from how nen works then? You're not about to tell me it's not happened just because no one's ever wanted to right?

Lego is cool though

fucking nen, how does it work ??

>It's super easy to prove that nen exists. They have modern communication tools too so it's literally impossible that the public is so ignorant.
Even without nen superhumans exist, all those guys in the initial exam who ran 10km weren't nen users outside of Illumi, Hisoka, and the proctor. Monsters and magical creatures exist as well. This entire setting is weird enough that a power you would have to spend years on average to learn isn't going to be as widely understood by the general public because so few people relative to the population even use it in the first place. Hunters as an organization is filled exclusively with nen users and they only number in the 600s of what we can assume is a global population of billions.

Nen at best is seen as psychic mumbo jumbo and you cannot prove it's anything deeper without that person being able to see aura as even recording nen phenomenon doesn't yield anything different than what could be explained without it or as special effects.

Even in the more recent arc, when they find a guy whose body is drained of all blood the first thought the non-nen users had was it was a strange creature. Because in this story there probably is a blood sucking parasite that can sneak on this ship because we've seen crazier stuff.

Attached: HxH_c359_p11.jpg (784x1145, 271K)

Why won't they experiment then. It's not like nen works in a complicated manner. If everyone interested in nen worked together over the internet and share knowledge they would learn how it works. Many people that can use nen could even give clues.

our new thread is up, boys

what's stopping someone like hisoka who loves chaos to just reveal it all?

You're ignoring the power of autism. We have fucking tulpa communities for fucks sake and that shit is far more abstract than nen ever could hope to be.

They are aware of the dangers of revealing it or aren't strong enough to even have a Hatsu yet therefore making their information flawed and their teachings useless, hunters are selfish and extremely rich so i don't really know why they want to reveal it, again from the heaven's arena arc we can conclude that people know it exists but they don't know how it works or how to obtain it.

He loves fighting strong opponents, not chaos. He's not Joker

I'm still disapointed though since I cared about the HA and the Hunters. It's not really realistic for Hisoka and Illumi to kill 123 hunters, that part doesn't sit well with me.

the entirety of human history proves you wrong and you're coming off hilariously conceited. You know how often inventions were discovered or made? Are you completely ignorant of how far humans go for knowledge?

I mean for fucks sake we studied alchemy for centuries in the vain attempt to turn lead into gold and other bullshit

Kurapika will die fighting hisoka to get Gon back into the plot.
mark my words

Hisoka doesn't love chaos his only reason for living is fighting strong opponents and he doesn't care what means he use to achieve it, he's not someone who will kill random bystanders because of "chaos", and he isn't someone who cares what the masses know or think, Hisoka is completely detached from regular society norms.

>They are aware of the dangers of revealing it
what's the danger?
so the reason it's never been revealed all these years is just because no ones wanted to?

>Kurapika
>Dying to a non-troupe member
not gonna happen

Nitro rice will restore Kurapika's lost lifeforce.

>Tulpa
>abstract
its just self-induced hallucinations

Attached: 1534614157708.jpg (449x355, 16K)

Revealing nen to the world would create thousands of additional nen users. He literally has no reason to not do it. Hell he should personally write books to teach nen.

Because Hunters don't care about revealing it, they are selfish and rich and have everything they need already, more competition means less achievements as hunters, for the third time, nen isn't a secret, what's secret is the basics of nen and the techniques used to awaken and train it, even a strong hunter would need 6 months to awaken it by regular means, so a civilian would probably need years if not a decade of correct and rigorous training to even reach a decent level in Nen.

>the entirety of human history proves you wrong
We have so many crackpot theories about superpowers existing in the modern times even with cameras and the internet I fail to see your argument. I like what said, Nen would be analogous to Tulpas if such a thing were actually real. Yeah you might ask some guy on the street what it is and get an answer, but by and large it's something only small pockets of people outside the culture that spawned it can probably recognize by name much less explain what it is.

You're also ignoring the fact that the world of HxH isn't out world and there's enough crazy shit going on that nen isn't as visible on the radar given how niche it actually is compared to the rest of the world.

Why would someone reveal nen to everybody? If you're a nen user, you by default above 99% of people on earth, so why put yourself in danger revealing such weapon to everybody and making more potential enemies

Imagine how even Dragon Ball managed to reveal how Ki works to the entire world which changed how the entire world operates but HxH can't manage that.

Togashi gave his canon explanation for why nen is not known at large, in the last couple batches of chapters.
B A L A N C E

Attached: Balance.jpg (992x884, 215K)

Yeah, Imagine how more interesting Succession War arc would have been if everyone were superhumans with powers

He is only interested in people like Gon, imagine if he's going to waste his time teaching nen to people with no potential. Look at Zushi, he's supposed to be 1 to 100,000 talent yet he's trash compared to Gon or Killua.

It would be revealed by word of mouth alone. Those are literally learnable superhuman abilities for fucks sake. People here say they are hidden for the untrained eye but this is irrelevant. The effects of your superhuman abilities like Kurapika's chains or superhuman strength can be easily shown. Some other said those superhuman abilities are well known, just not how they work. So someone would just explain that it's based on nen and that most people can learn those abilities. There is literally no way even under perfect circumstances that nen wouldn't become public knowledge. It's literally belong to the physics of the HxH world.

It doesn't reference a "great war", it just shows wars in general. The story doesn't revolve around a post-war dystopia you drooling retard.

Imagine Feitan getting beaten half to death and then single handedly sinking the ship, would be peak kinography on paper.

I know how you feel

Attached: 94026A47-4C23-4409-BA04-ED2BD4B9A4B1.jpg (747x749, 223K)

Succession contest arc literally showed that even if you know nen you may as well be trash. Just because you can use nen doesn't mean your abilities are worth shit. Togashi could have easily introduced nen to the entire world but only selected few have pronounced abilities that are worth using. Literally every other shounen did it like that. Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece, boku no hero academia. The reality of superhuman abilities existing doesn't change shit, you just need a tiny bit of writing to make it work.

Indeed, with Gittarackur as the arc villlain.

Attached: deal with it.jpg (798x1001, 162K)

considering how hard it must be to come up with a Hatsu, especially a complicated one, i believe most nen users are still hatsuless trash.

Is Netero even strong? I know he fought against the strongest being the manga will probably ever have but he literally was played with like a child.

While the nerd Wing said that nen is secret, it's possible that after a while (time is passing on) the world and most people are aware of something like nen but they don't the exact details or how it works/how to control it. if even there man nen users who spilled the beans about nen (they did) not every can learn/control/spend time on/use nen.

Most people just want to live their lives and don't really care about or wants to know about nen.

This. Zushi is supposed to be way above the average nen user yet he's trash.

He wouldn't have lost like that if Meruem wasn't a 300 IQ strategic mastermind with a high end supercomputer for a brain, he would have fought until he ran out of Nen, strength in HxH is complicated.

Hello Hunterfriends, I hope you have a good day BTFOing shonenbabies

Attached: 12597680.jpg (961x678, 563K)

Maybe Wings getting left behind about genera population's knowlege about nen?

Good to see you Jobro, Shounenshitters are indeed getting BTFO left and right, most of them already gave up a while ago.

Attached: 1564387983217.png (908x1007, 448K)

>Literally every other shounen did it like that. Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece, boku no hero academia.

And Naruto, Dragonball, One Piece and BnHA in general is just bunch of poorly written stories about people punching each other hard while doing fireballs every 10 second

Attached: if you lie.jpg (1474x1105, 991K)

Hence why Togashi never needed to make it an open secret. Nen could have been public knowledge and nothing would have changed.

Based Gunrapika

HxH is also completely retarded and poorly written in many aspects. That's just how shounen manga are.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 498K)

What is nen? Oh that is nen.
Right I may remember it...or not?

Attached: Nen huh, so it's more like using Force, am i right.jpg (446x545, 83K)

Dis.

Attached: 145004939454.jpg (318x318, 12K)

But HxH is a masterpiece for intellectuals.
When i think about HxH and stories such as Chimera Ant arc I can only think about the words of Dave Eggers: it is indeed a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.

Attached: WhatHaveYouDoneOldMan298.jpg (3206x1600, 1.01M)

The poorly written aspects of HxH are useless world building details, other shounen are literally 99% garbage writing while HxH thrives on realistic and complex writing every single chapter without fail.

Attached: zOJXKVK.png (727x891, 487K)

I think HxH is higher quality in overall writing too but let's not pretend there isn't some bottom of the barrel tier writing at some parts too. As someone who consumes manga for years I literally don't care about shit like this. I see it but I move on, there is no point making a fuss over bad writing in anything but great literature.

Is this mangastream translation? Nigger how dare you

Attached: 380.jpg (878x1317, 787K)

HxH's world is full of superhuman shit, like people who can push open doors weighing several tons without using nen, just by strength alone. People run their hand through concrete like it's pudding like that serial killer guy in the first arc, can turn their hands into sharp claws, have huge holes in their bodies that turn them into fucking human flutes, and you even have shapeshifting flying foxes. Some people even learn nen without knowing and think it's just something they can do like Neon. I think the world of HxH is wacky enough for people not to get too surprised by someone who has a really strong chain, can punch really hard or bungee gum across the room, and they can't even see most of it. At least I doubt it's something they could learn to do.
Yeah it seems unlikely that nobody would have snitched and made it public knowledge, but maybe information is controlled tightly enough to make the association the only way to actually learn about it and how it works. I can suspend my disbelief that much, but I don't think it makes it inconsistent.

Yes but let's also not pretend that there exists another manga that explores as many themes with the same depth and complexity of HxH, it has it's questionable writing moments mainly due to Togashi taking huge risks with every new arc.

Attached: gHFGZXB.png (664x916, 322K)

That just makes the world even more unreasonablke. People see all that shit, HxH world has modern science, they have nukes and all that shit but no one sees those superhumans and thinks "how the fuck does this shit even work".

You literally can't tell me that if a bunch of nen researches come together and research this shit they won't uncloak the secrets of nen one by one. No matter how you stretch it this shit just doesn't make sense. The world is conveniently ignorant and this is poor writing. I don't care about this fact, it doesn't matter for the story but it's an oversight, a legit one.

I have read both and sometimes i prefer the mangastream one over the simplified Virgin Viz, i understand Viz is much simpler to read and the translations are more accurate but i dislike how dumbed down it is.

Yeah, i agree

Attached: ItWontTakeTooLongViz.jpg (2146x1726, 995K)

>They don't even include the based Hiatus text
Viz are pathetic.

At this point your being the unreasonable one. There are plenty of concrete facts in the setting to justify how a single, small subset of ability is largely unknown to the population. It's hard to learn on average, invisible 5/6 of the time, and there are more crazy things people know about as a fact like the dark continent.

Nen is at best regarded as psychic ability by normal people in this story. And everyone else is very selfish in teaching it, including the largest organization of Nen users in the world. The V5 knows about nen, they hire hunters to use it though since instead of meditating they just amassed political power and influence.

What more need be said?

This is going too far. If you think HxH is the best manga that's fine but it literally doesn't hold a single candle to how more mature manga handle their themes like kokou no hito or vagabond that unironically touch legit philosophical themes where as HxH barely scratches the most fundamental shit.

HxH is outstanding for the level of audience it's written for but don't evaluate it above literally every manga out there, that shit is just crazy.

Attached: Vagabond v30 c265 - 12-13.png (1600x1146, 2.86M)

That's just not how humans work. Togashi completely simplified literally every single aspect about his world just for the excuse of nen being a secret. No one asks questions, no one answers questions. The cosmos spins around the characters, the world doesn't exist otherwise. Togashi created an extremely weak and unbelievable world, everyone living in it might as well be an NPC. If you're gullible enough to eat it up then be my guest. I'm not here to teach you good world building.

While I prefer Viz and Viz is way better. I sometimes dislike their way of how dumbed down some texts is. But yeah sometimes mangastream is better.

Damn I need a checklist of which chapters should be read in viz and which chapters should be read in MS.

>Volleyball game with Razor and fight with Genthru alone dabs on 90% shonen arcs
No lies detected.

I have read Vagabond and while I do agree that there are manga that are much more mature and can focus on one or a few themes much better than HxH and keep the focus throughout the entire thing, Togashi is not leaving a single theme unexplored...In a shounen manga, tell me how many other manga series delve in genocide, phagogenesis, evolution, war, classism, human nature on a fundamental level, transgenderism, absolute monarchies, social imperialism, corruption, democracy and the flaws of political government with direct democracy, criminal minds, reincarnation, Loyalty, Love in all its obsessive and unconditional forms, the meaning of life, the concept of a soul, Christianity, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism humanity and inhumanity, revenge, abandonment as well as a slew of other topics and concepts as nuanced and well written as Hunter x Hunter while seamlessly weaving in and out of genres, going from mafia wars to MMORPGs to the epic rise and fall of an entire civilization to politics, to succession wars and a new era of exploration and colonialism, I simply cannot find it, the succession war itself has easily surpassed anything I have ever read, the Chimera ant arc came very close.

Attached: 1565773393081.jpg (4501x2856, 3.8M)

Fuck hiatus and fuck you, hiatuscuck.

Hiatus will never end, concede.

Shut the fuck up and die already!

>vagabond that unironically touch legit philosophical themes
What themes and how Vagabond it handles? Genuinely curious. I've read Vagabond and writing was by far the weakest part imo

Concede, you are here forever cuck, hiatus or no hiatus, you will read HxH until the day Togashi dies, and then you will continue to live in pain for the rest of your life when the last chapter is the one where the boat starts sinking.

So what is Vagabond?
The "story" appears to be the warrior's drive to be the best, err, I mean "invincible under the sun." This results in such battles as the infamous "lets duel next year when our dojo isn't on fire" incident, the exhilarating stare down with Aang from Avatar, and the riveting stand off with the sleeping guy. It got a bit more interesting after Musashi killed enough people for their friends to start caring about it and gaining motives other than perfecting their skills, thus inspiring a semblance of sympathy and emotional investment in battle outcomes... but this didn't last long. Over 50 chapters of spoon-fed philosophizing ensued. Triggered not by a sincere, voluntary revelation, mind you, but by circumstances that physically prevented the character from pursuing the goals he otherwise would continue chasing after. Over time the endless conversations and bouts of schizophrenia just glazed over in their repetitiveness for me.
Many of the characters also clung to highly romanticized notions of "honor" which made their motives/actions unrelatable and at times unrealistic. Sometimes they even got confused over conflicting honor codes and nearly sabotaged what their goal was in the first place. Other times they switched gears from a genuine emotional reaction to some intellectualized bushido ideal so quickly that I wanted to slap them. There was much facepalming on my end over this.

Attached: 1556041951218.jpg (2027x1173, 1.15M)

>grief stages
I'm positive that it's not scientific at all.

I like both.

Attached: 1547116327310.jpg (620x852, 384K)

Most of those are barely even touched on. Please don't exaggerate the themes used just for every line spoken. What core themes does HxH truly offer? There is friendship, revenge, combat and progress for the most part.

Chimera ant was truly unique for the themes it offered but the rest of HxH was barren.
The selection is not grand but the themes it explores it does well and far better than most manga. The way of the warrior, talent, the search of the self. You can feel those themes in literally every instance of the manga with every character and every battle. Though the book it's based on does it obviously much better.

Based high ratings Shounen mangas.

Attached: Odahack.png (751x504, 98K)

Vagabond is a derivative work from a better novel. It has no original content and everything is just taken from that novel.
HxH is a new creative work made by a genius like Togashi. Its original and it has inspired several other works.

>who is Elisabeth Ross

Attached: 1556659617549.png (330x330, 29K)

Damn that's stupid as fuck.
>Heaven's arena
It did not matter to them at all, I'm pretty sure there was even a gag when it's introduced where one of the staff members gets excited talking about the floor masters but they just say they don't care and move on. Climbing the tower had nothing to do with their objectives at all, which were giving Hisoka's tag back and meeting with Kurapika and Leorio later. Are you suggesting it would have been better to have wasted a dozens of chapters getting there? Also the guys they beat were just cripples, they were trying to become floor masters by preying on newcomers.
>Yorkshin
Cut short or off screened fights? Are they talking about the shadow beasts? They had already jobbed to Uvo, there was no point in showing them get teared by the rest of the spiders. And it always was obvious he'd continue it since in the next arc Hisoka and the spiders are trying to find an exorcist for Chrollo.
>Chimera ants
What, are they suggesting they should have been finished off in an epic fight or something? Pouf slowly dying in the dirt alone was the entire point and you'd have to be fucking retarded to claim Meruem's death is anticlimatic.
>Election
That one is just straight up stupid. They don't want to fight eachother, and Illumi is much stronger. He wants to control Nanika and Killua only wants him to leave them alone.
The fact that people take this website seriously will never not baffle me. Not even Yea Forums shitposters would write something this stupid.

HxH: Hegel and Nietzsche
Vagabond: cringe bushido gook themes

HxH has clearly better themes.

>Barely touched on
I can see only 2 themes that were barely touched on that I mentioned, the rest of them are general themes in the main arcs otherwise they wouldn't be included in my post.

It actually has quite a bit of original content and changed a lot of things from the novel but it's true that it's not truly original.
Yeah yeah I get it. HxH is a god given work. Togashi mediates every single day on a mountain to channel the energy of the gods directly into his pen. That's why it takes so long.

What's the reason behind the low ranking?

If I remember correctly, it has little to no support as far as statistically significant empirical evidence is concerned.
It doesn't mean that it's wrong, mind you.

Pitou had something to do with him

Unironically true, if HxH was weekly it would be unreadable garbage, good writing requires time, not as much time as Togashi takes tho, nigga is just lazy.

>No one asks questions, no one answers questions.
A major theme is exploration into the unknown and hunters specifically exist as an organization to do just that. Even before the dark continent we saw how a single limb from a strange creature warranted an academic study and government funding and interest. There is no shortage of curiosities in this world worth pursuing, but another major theme is balance of who learns what. People know about the DC, but the general population does not know the specifics of what was brought back. Just like how the world at large wasn't told about the chimera ants and the events of the palace were written off as a troubled dictator committing nation suicide. Secrecy of information is not uncommon in togashi's stories and he always provides some justification.

Your simplifying the story and blatantly ignoring good reasoning and explanations only shows your more interested in making this a problem when it's not really a problem at all.

Attached: based.gif (498x280, 423K)

Sweetheart, trying to be sarcastic won't save you from the fact that Vagabond is a derivative work without any originality and that it hasn't inspired any other manga. HxH is clearly superior, for the simple reason that its an original work. As I matter of fact I consider One Piece better than Vagabond because its an original and creative work compared to a cheap rip off of a good novel. The only positive thing Vagabond has is the God-tier art and paneling

The newest arc (Wano land arc) is pretty much a rinse repeat of previous arcs, and it's not hard to imagine why seeing as One Piece is almost 1000 chapters and every arc is pretty much Luffy and his crew going to a new island only to find out the island's dark history and that the people are suffering because of big bad man who rules the country, so they get caught up in saving the country and along the way they make powerful and influential allies which allows them to grow as a threat to the world government and other pirates, onto the next island repeat the same formula.

Where is classism, war, transgenderism, monarchies, social imperialism, corruption, love in all its obsessive and unconditional forms, the meaning of life, the concept of a soul, christanity, catholicism, buddhism, hinduism a fundamental theme in HxH. Stop exaggerating by just name dropping everything that comes to mind. Even the most influential and grandest works of our time don't offer this much on a satisfactory basis. Are those themes introduced in some form? Maybe. Are they used as a core for the stories told. Fuck no.

Is there a single variety of poster on Yea Forums who can even come CLOSE to rivaling hunterchads in intellect, charisma, and integrity??

>classism, war, monarchies, social imperialism, corruption, love in all its obsessive and unconditional forms, the meaning of life, the concept of a soul, buddhism, hinduism
Chimera Ant arc

>transgenderism, corruption, love in all its obsessive and unconditional forms
Hunter Election arc

>christanity, catholicism
Yorknew arc

>classism, war, monarchies, social imperialism, corruption, love in all its obsessive and unconditional forms, the meaning of life
Succession War arc

That's just a subjective view. If you dismiss it because it adapts a novel than that's your own beer and has nothing to do with the work and its quality. I also read both and the manga is plenty original, only 3 character even resemble their counterparts in the novel of which neither Musashi nor Kojiro belong to.

Also One Piece was even at release not even the tiniest bit original and has literally done nothing with its pirate theme so I may as well dismiss your entire post for saying even One Piece is better just because it doesn't adapt anything directly.

Now explain how each of those themes are used fundamentally and are explored deeply in those arcs and especially where because you have pulled pretty much the entire list out of your ass.

Exploring philosophy in fiction is pretty easy, but doing so in a nuance and interesting way is another story. Just because manga about brooding samurai has themes of honor and search for identity doesn't mean anything. It's cliche even, i would say

Attached: 155132.jpg (1622x1278, 950K)

I can just read the novel and I'd get a better experience and knowledge about the history of Musashi. What does the manga offer? Nothing, all the additions were trash, like the whole Matahachi and his mom subplot, or making Kojiro some blind retarded autist.

One Piece is an experience you only get from reading One Piece because its an original work; it doesn't matter if its trash. Vagabond has great art, but the story, characters and themes are all taken from a novel. There is no creativity in there.

very interesting, thanks for sharing

That's just a subjective view. It's only because I'm on the holy ground of HxH fandom that obviously nothing is as interesting and good as HxH.
The plot of Matahachi and his mom existed in the original and were one of the major plots and was literally used from the beginning to the end of the novel, it was not an addition of the manga. Also Kojiro was deaf and not blind in the manga. Thanks for admitting to having read neither.

Well, I'll explain how they were used in the Chimera Ant arc. Call it a talent, or a soul, but humans have "something" that the chimera ants do not that drive them, put passion into action, and allow them to accomplish their desires at all costs. "Humanity's infinite potential for evolution." Nen is basically the manifestation of this talent, hence why some talented people who never actually learn of nen use it unconsciously. Of course, humans have this in different degrees, some humans are incredibly talented, like Gon or Komugi, others not so much - the vast majority of humans can't even use nen. This is why Meruem can never beat Komugi despite being objectively more intelligent IQ-wise. Komugi put all of her soul into winning gungi, even placing a restriction on her life - in doing so she far surpassed the biological limits of humanity, something only humans can do.

Meruem began to learn that there is value in something outside of pure biological excellence, in "strength." However, he didn't understand the full picture, he just began to realize that some beings can accomplish things in spite of not being biologically excellent. Before this, his ideology was basically "if you're not strong you deserve to die" now, when facing Netero, it was "I will keep some talented humans alive." Meruem was still planning on subjugating the human race. So you could say Netero was a hero (in the form of martyr) for humanity.

Immediately before getting nuked Meruem finally understood that humans were capable of something that he simply was not. Before this he had only dealt with individual humans, the rose bomb was the product of human society as a whole, the sum total of all our evolution, or talent. Put into creating a WMD. He gave up, because even if he could survive it (he can't), they would just find some new way to kill him.

It's left ambiguous as to whether the surviving ants would be able to learn this talent.

Attached: HxH social commentary.jpg (3820x2152, 1.33M)

I don't remember the Matahachi subplot being a major part of the novel like it was in the Manga. Matahachi was so annoying and boring in everything he did in the manga, while in the novel he had a minor role.
Blind or deaf, same shit. Its been a while since I've read it, but my point still stands. Inoue can't write for shit, his original works are cringe shit like Slum Dunk and that other baseball manga with retards. Vagabond was better than his other works because he stole from a good novel.

>That's just a subjective view. It's only because I'm on the holy ground of HxH fandom that obviously nothing is as interesting and good as HxH

Dude, i'm just trying to say that simply having surface level philosophy in your story doesn't mean anything by default. More important is HOW your present this philosophy and how you ask readers certain questions by using certain characters. I'm not trying to say that Vagabond is bad or anything, but trying to bring HxH down just because it's battle shonen manga and Vagabond is 'super mature shonen about samurai' is pretty childish

Attached: ByUsingWords.png (977x528, 409K)

>Classism
One of the main themes of the Kakin empire and the Succession war, denying this would be admitting that you skipped reading chapters, it's also prevalent during the CA.
>War
Main theme of the SW and the CA
>Transgenderism
Main theme of Alluka and Killua's conflict with his family during the election
>Monarchies
Main theme of the SW, the Kakin empire and it's entire history and relationship with the V5.
>Corruption
Cntirety of CA, East Gorteau, Bizeff, Yorknew city being controlled by the mafia due to their influence, Meteor city, The corruption of the hunter association's higher ups, essentially sending Netero on a suicide mission and disrupting his plans in order to force him to retire from chairman position, Kakin's military and judicial system.
>love in all it's obsessive and unconditional forms
Meruem being revived by his royal guards is literally entire chapters of this, Pouf's entire character and generally Meruem's relationship with his guards, the chimera ant queen.
>The meaning of life
Chrollo and Meruem both on a journey to discover themselves and the meaning of their lives and why they were brought into the world.
>christanity, catholicism, buddhism, hinduism
Pic related(very scuffed)

Attached: 1564096888925.jpg (1599x1961, 888K)

super mature seinen about samurai*

i mean

The thing is that the themes in Vagabond didn't come from Inoue's mind. He just stole them from a novel, so there is nothing to be impressed about it. Togashi, on the other hand, comes up with his own ideas and take on different themes based on his own knowledge.

Why would you behave this way? You don't know shit about the manga and novel and have clearly read neither, just stop
>his original works are cringe shit like Slum Dunk and that other baseball manga with retards
Why would you even shit on his two "baseball" manga? You're a total joke without the tiniest bit of respect for other people.

I'm out at this level of argument. It feels like hunterchads don't have the tiniest bit of intelligence left. I'm gonna enjoy some baseball manga with Slam Dunk instead.

Patting yourself on the back is a sign of low-self esteem, not charisma.

Run away, coward. Never again try to challenge Hunterchads. Go read your cripples playing basketball with funny goofy faces manga.

Attached: 1498622043350.jpg (258x350, 42K)

Replying to shitpost is a sign of seethe and brainletism not high IQ.

>He just stole them from a novel
Really? I didn't know about that. Is this novel any good? I might check it out

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1192x670, 698K)

We Hunterchads deserve the hate we get.

Attached: 1558591557008.png (671x633, 380K)

Hunterchads, why is literally every manga inferior to HxH and why can retards just never win against our arguments? We literally can't stop winning.

The novel is good
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musashi_(novel)

>hurr these two could've fucked
>durr why didn't the troupe team up with Gon
>why didn't muh protag fight the badguy that's ALWAYS supposed to happen
>why didn't the super special ants bred specifically for one goal get their memories back
>character coming back makes character arc pointless
This is fucking dumb and whoever made this is probably a filthy 2011nigger

Cause its mostly newfags and limp wristed sissies (like the guy who cried and left after Inoue got exposed) who don't know much about manga. If someone brought up Tezuka or Otomo, then they would stand a change and if properly argued, they'd be easily able to prove that those authors are better than Togashi.

Fuck off retard. You're not a true hunterchad. Bring your third rate mangaka and I will show you how inferior they are to Togashi.

Alright, thanks

>Dororo
No user
>Akira
Yes user

based hunterchad

This was an interesting thread after all, just like the previous one. I wonder what the next HxH thread will be about and with threads like these we can easily survive the hiatus.

Fucking Hunterchads bring it on to the next level! May Togashi rewards us all!

I wouldn't mind some Succession war discussions, those are always based, too bad most threads will either be started by a falseflag, a shitpost, or rarely one that makes sense like this.

Who said I was gonna stop reading Togashi’s Magnum Opus you stupid bitch? One day the haitus will be over and we’re gonna read, enjoy and discuss the new chapters.

Based Hunterchad. Apollo's Song and Phoenix is KINO.

Attached: 900.jpg (900x681, 320K)

The Succession War threads and discussions are always interesting and top quality leisure. The next thread should be about SW. Next to CA & YN arcs, SW will a hit a new level of genius kino and we’re all alive to witness it in it’s glorious birth and end.

Gon has the big gay

Who is gonna make the next thread?

Attached: 18916D6F-58F2-42BC-BFB1-42F118EEDBD5.jpg (904x749, 116K)

ESL user please

We need more discussions about YN. People only talk about CA and SW recently and it saddens my because there's a lot to talk about in YN arc

Attached: 0102-015.jpg (1066x1600, 189K)

What is Togashi currently playing, lads?

Palace Invasion would have lasted 2 minutes if Morel was at 100%

Attached: BroMorel.png (591x876, 475K)

It’s okay, a lot of people don’t know what a plot hole is.

Either Red Dead Redemption 2 or Mario Maker 2.

Naoko Takeuchi's nipples and clit

Nor do they know what jobber means or that they should stop talking about power levels.

Has he created any levels for MM2?

Based

Attached: 1565281839302.png (1048x449, 158K)

>The thing is that the themes in Vagabond didn't come from Inoue's mind. He just stole them from a novel,
*adapted them from a novel
>so there is nothing to be impressed about it.
do you really not see the ways in which translating something from one medium to another can help to enhance certain themes or display them more uniquely?

Dragon Quest V with me

Attached: 155123.jpg (1336x636, 797K)

I only go to two threads on Yea Forums, Hunterchad threads and DBSchad threads. In both of them, people link the next thread.
It's almost like Yea Forums removing generals was an awful idea and changed nothing.

Chrollo sounds cooler. Also Kuroro isn’t correct either

If that was true he would be playing the DS version for superior Deborah.

>t.dogRen autist

Not that I know of.

>Hunterchad threads and DBSchad
How the fuck can someone enjoy HxH and garbage like Dragonball Super at the same time?

The original work is always better than the adaptation because the creative process is present only in the original one.

Duality of man

Attached: 1550230707982.png (640x360, 223K)

Only Jesus knows

>engaging in those autistic wars
I'm superior.
Also, any of you going to the GT stream
I don't like DBS. I like the threads.

Attached: 12321316.jpg (1396x669, 270K)

Both sides of a single coin.

Attached: other way.jpg (874x749, 100K)

Why is Morel such a bro and a cool teacher.

>The original work is always better than the adaptation because the creative process is present only in the original one.
that is a completely subjective and arbitrary measure of what constitutes "good." Of course adapting something into manga requires a creative process, now you have to think about how to properly translate the story into a visual medium, just like if you were creating a film or anime adaptation.

>still selling better than SnK and HxH COMBINED

It's in the notJapan arc, and it's slooow so far.

>One Piece better than Vagabond because its an original
So One Piece is better than Akira the movie adaption, you fucking rat?

Oh hey! A HxH hit bump limit for once. Good for you!

He's one of the few HxH characters who isn't a maniac and has his life together. Also, he possesses a kind heart and cares about his friends while understanding their weaknesses. I hope that the HA will award him with the rank of a triple-star hunter, he deserves it.

Attached: 27543285196573.png (500x247, 66K)

Just wait until the new chapters come out

The father of a russian friend of mine literally looks like him.

I hope Morel and his team survives the DC arc.

Attached: pipe up.jpg (540x304, 29K)

I won't :^)

Akira and OP are both manga in their original form

Knov is going to be bold forever now? He was so pretty

threads nearly reached the limit
someone should make new one pronto

You didn't answer the question. Is Akira the movie inferior to One Piece the manga?

Is Goldberg Variations inferior to Michelangelo's David?

You have to compare OP the anime series to Akira the movie. Do you understand what the original argument was? One Piece the manga is the original work, which was adapted in a tv series. Akira the movie was adapted from Akira the manga.

New thread

You are the one that doesn't understand the original argument.

The original argument was that Vagabond the manga adaption is automatically inferior to One Piece because it's an original work. One Piece is fucking garbage no matter what so I'm asking the retard if an superb adaption is inferior to his original toddler pirate manga.

Vagabond was adapted from a novel
Original = novel
Adaptation = Vagabond manga

Original = One Piece manga
Adaptation = Wan Piss anime

Original = Akira manga
Adaptation = Akira movie

Why are you asking me to compare an adpatation of the original work (Akira movie) to the Original (OP manga) instead of the adaptation (Wan Piss anime)?

Because you compared the adaption with the original retard. You said the Vagabond manga is automatically shit because it's an adaption.

Fucking backpedaling little faggot.