Houseki no Kuni

It's time.
Character intro's.

Attached: EByF56VXUAAdsbJ.jpg (1280x910, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xLYaOOI3u9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cover for those who missed it.

Attached: EAyi7fQUwAAYswT.jpg (456x654, 58K)

Attached: 1564073926506.png (1524x857, 1.31M)

Attached: D3PAxbAUYAE77E5.jpg (800x541, 47K)

Just catching up with this.
Shinsha is cute, too bad she didn't go with phos

Shinsha has a better partner now. Phos is shit.

Attached: DsNGXCqVYAAkx3K.jpg (621x727, 80K)

A little over a week left. Will we finally be granted the sweet release from suffering?

Attached: G6.png (358x300, 111K)

This is not cool

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (796x708, 391K)

I still dont understand the anime OP/ED treating shinsha as the 2nd main character when she has almost no airtime and phos only had couple brief discussions with her.
I guess its just easy theme to make a music video out of.

Is that most kino page in whole manga?

Attached: 1561031443189-a.jpg (1000x1434, 251K)

This was neat event.

Attached: ch 39 pho break.jpg (1120x1600, 286K)

The anime is pretty much just Phos running all around the place disturbing everyone's work.
I guess there was a bunch of characters slightly more relevant, but since Phos cares so much about her promise, Shinsha is a good choice.

Its a false choice, its not canon. It misleads and confuses.
Also it implies the show is romance focused when its completely not.

Get your gay tumblr faggotry back. Stop shitting up the board with your dead threads.

Shinsha is still important and is on the inside cover of every volume alongside Phos. He's Phos's endgame for all we know. But it will take time for Shinsha to get any relevance.

Attached: DxR9JJOUwAEkfls.png (550x1168, 977K)

What a tough guy, coming into threads he doesn't like to complain about them.
Faggot

>reading russians shit translation and "she" gems
Just why

Attached: 1563941917622.jpg (482x640, 109K)

>fash alex
>pads still around

Phos is the only non-shit gem as proven by how retarded and sociopathic all the other gems are.

Having read the manga also I dont get it.
Phos asks shinsha to come with him, and she refuses.
Like what.

>Insulting Russian translations when it was through them that you faggots even know of it in the first place
Fuck off.

Shinsha's loyalty is completely understandable.
All other gems had selfish reasons to follow Phos.

Because Phos was retarded and didn't get that Shinsha wanted "special" treatment from him. Shinsha might have went with Phos to the moon if it wasn't for Phos saying how they're gonna go together with Dia and the rest.

Attached: 1565069634502.jpg (1495x2048, 792K)

>not learning the language manga is originally published in or knowing/learning french to read superb translation
Shit translations are still shit.

Attached: 1562413275699.png (1495x1080, 1.33M)

But that means they have absolutely no relationship or loyalty between them at all.
They never had it. They had vague promises and unfounded expectations but nothing deep?

>french
>AoT poster
見苦しくてたまらない。

Attached: 1511591064750.png (400x521, 127K)

He's the only shit gem in the series because if it wasn't for him everyone wouldn't be turning into nothingness right now.

Attached: you know the answer.jpg (904x640, 173K)

>"she" gems
Gems are genderless, so they are not "he" or "she". In that case, why read manga about gay boys when you can read manga about cute girls?

It's supposed to be "romantic" or something. Probably. We'll see.
Just look at Karinmea and tell me they're any better.

Original uses male pronouns. "She" is simply a shit translation and disrespect towards authors vision.

Attached: DWywT3zVAAET1p7.jpg (764x1200, 207K)

Yeah we will see.
I just dislike how its confusing and raises questions that seem to be answered in a contradictory manner. They care about each -> oh wait no, they're just crazy lol-> wonder what will happen next.

Speak for your gemself
Russian is infinitely better than that mess.

It's a moot point regardless because the gems are sexless. Let people call em whatever. If you call them some gay shit like xir you deserve to be slapped however.

>that miserable Rutile in the background
Jesus christ, futile. You really liked Patty Beef.

>russian
>better than pas or even that "lol opposite color" official translation

Pls

>ghost isn't even there
Poor ghost, relegated to just a parasite no one remembers

It doesn't excuse shit translation and the gender thing may eventually come up. Karen already showed us "lady", "wife" and "princess". Imagine when "she" will appear in this manga.

Bet you're one of those who defend "you're correct but you aren't right" translation.

Not really

Attached: 68340686_p11.png (1110x2395, 1.46M)

What's up with japan and curry?

Attached: solid_ambrosia.png (289x358, 67K)

Indian influence? Along with buddhism incorporating in itself hindu stuff.

Shinsha a SHIT.

Bort is still the best girl

Wait so Sensei was keeping idol Dia away from us?
This is unforgivable

Attached: cut.png (775x502, 245K)

>Caingorn
>extra ultra super happy

phos is going to merge with sensei isn't he

Attached: b7.png (1114x1600, 698K)

Have sex

Cinnamon will be the one to kill Phos once she becomes human

He has to break for it to happen, so not sure about that

Oh user, don't you know?

He will be pretty broken when he sees human-derived lifeforms gone from the earth

Based

Gems are girls that call each other "brother".

>Gems are girls
>call each other "brother"
Epic
Realistically speaking, since they're ex-humanity, half of them should be girls and another guys.

So whoever guessed that volume 10 would completely change the pattern was right. Any notable character description?

Nice necrobump gemfriend

We'll have to wait for the chapter to drop before striborg translates it for us... at least we can enjoy the art

>hurr spend forever being a comfy sociopath that murders their friends

Neets not welcome.

The conflict would be resolved eventually even without Phoses intervention. Aechmea had a long term plan without him.

Aechmea didn't have shit and the entire fucking point of the fucking story is that everything that has happened to Phos has taken (in her perception) just a year or two while for the others more than 300 years have passed. Phos is supposed to be growing literally like a human, with a deep sense of empathy and self and changing while the others remain subhuman shells and leftovers of humanity, the moonie claim to being the real human ghosts completely btfo'd by their general sociopathy and boredom with existence.

The end of the manga and the conclusion of Phos' development is obviously her achieving a state of humanity/enlightenment. I don't know what that entails for the others but the story obviously isn't going to end with Phos basically a vengeful ghost and the others sleeping/happily awaiting the nuke about to slam into them.

You can can them whatever you want here, but in translation you have to to follow original.

"She" is the least problem of translation tho. More important it`s shit. Like a third of the lines are incorrect or simply made up. Language is completely autistic. It looks like seven years old did it.

Attached: Screenshot.png (928x460, 427K)

When it`s out?

Which ones are girls, which guys?

Calm down, retarded waifufag. He's not as good as you wank him to be. Even without him there would be a resolution, he just brought it faster.

Attached: Dt00Gs6U4AEZ8T4.jpg (804x864, 56K)

>calls someone waifufag
>posts objective worst girl
invalid

I'd say the language is ok, however half the lines being made up is impossible to defend. But I wouldn't say "she" is less of a problem, it just conveys the idea of translators shitting on the actual text with their headcanons without going into detail.
Why anyone defends russian translation again?

Can't wait for the day Shinsha will be redeemed and all of you, Shinshaters, will praise him as the best girl ever, as the hypocritical scum you all are.
I bet even Karen will be redeemed in the end and "retarded moonslut" will turn into "she just made many mistakes but is still good at heart" and you'll eat it up, like a good boy. Ichikawa loves her too much to not redeem her.

Attached: D6QrkyGXoAE3YJ5.png (555x713, 183K)

This just makes my eyes bleed.

Imagine liking a 'character' whose only arc is whining about being alone because they're a literally toxic piece of shit and nobody stands them, also they shunned and alienated the only other gem who ever cared about them and still fucked them over the second they had doubts about their allegiance. Objectively worst character in the entire series

Phos looks so out of it.

Only cute girls are allowed, not ugly boys like Phos.

Attached: 1545331439638.jpg (554x864, 120K)

No it's more like "the entire story is about Phos' development into a human" and then this 80 IQ faggot thinks it's about the "Waifus", so frankly he should fuck off back to red dit where he came from if he can't fucking discuss basic fucking themes in the story.

Current Phos is punished and rightly looks like the eldtrich broken thing he should look like, but original Phos and Laphos were a gem's peak form and there's no denying that
Faggot can't cope with the fact that they're ugly waifu is irrelevant to the overall plot

Shinsha's cute.
And Shinsha now takes an active role in their gem society, for which he gained appreciation already. Like.. fucking over Phos.
And now Shinsha even has the hardest gem partner of all.

You're just mad Phos got fucked over for being a piece of shit towards everyone and his parent the entire moon arc and that literally everyone in now living happily on his forgotten corpse.

Attached: 1547917326845.jpg (627x886, 185K)

>human
>not a Buddha
user, pls

Attached: 1546557221770.jpg (1014x1200, 192K)

>peak form
Not when Dia exists. Also, Phos was cute only when genki. Post-winter Phos was already kinda shit. But LaPhos after ponytail was cut is ugly as a sin. And the further we went the worse it got.

Attached: 140822ichikawa00.jpg (300x549, 29K)

is there not going to be a chapter this month? Sometime in may anons were saying that there would be hiatus for both june and august

Attached: lapis.png (2048x1536, 1.28M)

>pic related

Attached: scanlated.jpg (1222x871, 425K)

Depends if Sensei counts as a gemstone or not. I feel like we should get to see what the end of humanity looked like from Sensei's point of view eventually, so that could be one way to do it.
I think that was just a misunderstanding based on the 10th volume coming out in August. There was nothing about a planned hiatus in the last chapter, at least.

Does anyone have that pic of padpa and benito together?

Fuck off.

user please...

Attached: 6c29b9bd7c41ca6002481de72f85072e.jpg (800x680, 100K)

IT'S HERE
those gradients are pretty sexy

You mean no one here has even a basic understanding of moonrunes? That's sad.
The poses and groupings are already descriptive enough though.

Attached: Ghost and Lapis backs.jpg (493x565, 32K)

>what?

Attached: 1556207290621.png (225x212, 56K)

Attached: 1541697707256.png (2993x1417, 304K)

Yes, cant wait to see it animated in 220 years

Attached: gemder chart.png (608x610, 295K)

shinsha is SHIT
some people are just unhelpable
fuck 'em

It's not that different so far, apart from the moonies. The predictions that it would have Phos and Goshe and be on the moon were all spot on.

Reminder that red dia was the purest and holiest

I still can't get over how much this style reminds me of Moebius and other 60s psychedelic scene comics.

Truly she is SHITSHA.

I have never and will never like that incontinent emoshit edgelord.

Retro Phos is CUTE

Attached: 20190810_131826.jpg (653x601, 243K)

So the only notable changes are that Cinnabar made some friends and Rutile left her job.

>Бенита
Excuse me, but блядь.
This is so disgusting.

I want to take nuGoshe's monster gemdong

>yfw it doesn't change the pronunciation if you put an o in there because of the stress

Even like that, it 's just plain wrong grammatically. Also,

>stress in Japanese pronunciation

what does it say?

Benita (like Ponyta) instead of benito.

I noticed this while rereading

Attached: 1559189765142.png (1872x1033, 1.68M)

what the fuck

Attached: 1558472075233.png (562x585, 230K)

Shes the worst beni ever.

>BENITA

Attached: 1536946497233.png (636x1041, 261K)

They rubbed of on each other.

>hitler-kun pls give me your steel pact uwu

Thing is, if you put the "o" in there its pronunciation doesn't change because the stress is on the "i" ("beh-nee-toh")

Shouldn't it be BEnito?

Oh boy these threads have been around long enough to attract shitposters

>Bene-ito
>Bonnito
>Benny Toes
>Bonononny
>Bentyboo

How good did it feel to watch this?

Attached: 1550693539107.png (1664x1024, 943K)

>Benis :-D

Last for Lapis

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
I LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: Phos is always best gem.png (649x969, 1020K)

Extremly satisfying.

Let's just say I was close to coming until Aechmea ruined it with his relevation.

When is the rest out?

>He's Phos's endgame for all we know.

I know anons like to post how much they love the cinnamon, even if ironically, but he has not been relevant to phos for a long long time, and only recently has some development. If Ichikawa wants to continue that Avenue of phos and cinnamon as the OG pair, she's going to need to actually make them interact. The most recent interaction has them fighting and para getting fucking mummified in cinnabars poison, and before that it was cinnabar being pissed at phos for completely forgetting his promise millenia ago and telling him to fuck off to the moon alone. I just don't see cinnabar as anymore meaningful in comparison to Antarc, ghost and caringorm.

Attached: 1565093615395.png (437x436, 259K)

Better quality image

Attached: 1541471116129.png (1080x1536, 3.32M)

Not sure if this or vol 9 is my least favourite cover yet. A shame since I really liked 8's cover.

Attached: 1564185389433.jpg (1678x2444, 460K)

Is the kodansha comics translation any good?

I think it looks fucking amazing, but volume 8 and volume 2 are still my favourites.
It's very different from the others in colour scheme but thematically it's not that different and still follows the set rules of the covers. I like how you can't see any of the Moonie's eyes too, whatever it symbolises.
Maybe it dehumanises them? The gems on the cover are the only ones who aren't looking to the right and who have visible eyes.
No, it has several wrong translations, and also caters to tumblr sensibilities at the expense of dialogue flow. Maybe someone can post all the tings they've fucked up.

No. They fuck up a bunch of stuff even putting the retarded gender-neutral stuff aside.
I honestly prefer even the shittier parts of the mangadex translation when it started being translated from russian.

Damn. I might still buy the volumes regardless because I really like the series and want physical, but cant into Japanese. Suprised I haven't seen anyone make a analysis of their translation to see how bad it is.

Attached: f55888f0cb6714b00f46beb643cf7bc5e5754817ca772013dbad76d49d2c0246.jpg (255x255, 18K)

I'd honestly reccomend just getting the raw volumes instead, more likely to support the author and series that way too.
I'm tempted to but want to wait till I'm confident enough in my moon to compare it to the raws since it would be dishonest otherwise.

>I haven't seen anyone
do you come to these threads often? seems like complaints on this are common

I was more active around the anime and when we were still getting chapters translated, but I didn't see any discussion about it.

Your missing it. Shinsha wanted to go to the moon simply because she felt like she didn't belong. Remember she moved to the cave because she didn't want anyone around her to get hurt. She cares about the other gems and sensei. Phos comes along and sais fuck that, stop overthinking, theres happiness here for everyone let me just find it for you. It was that simple compassion that shinsha fell for. Now fast to the moon invitation and suddenly that simple compassion started to turn into obsession and a complete disregard to those around her. Shinsha 100% knew phos was going to end up in the state shes in now and that's why she didn't go to the moon. Cainworm points this out to phos as well.

>better partner
>can only grunt and give obscene eyes
>not to mention jobbing to phos

Vol 9 only really looks good if you see the whole thing. The front part isn't all that great.

Attached: ghost v05p35.jpg (507x566, 159K)

Hate Shinsha is just a waste of energy, just like being angry for step on shit while walking in the sewer.

I found some of the most common complaints, although there were more.

Attached: 1538395297489.png (3602x1591, 820K)

If you can get through all the issues listen here then .

Coincidence?

What's up with these cards from the pseudomorph of love book? Did Ichikawa just want to imagine what her characters would be like as yugioh-esque trading cards?

Attached: 1512871903552.jpg (4160x3120, 1.91M)

wait. is this true?!?!

There's a card game played by the gems in the story so that's it I guess.

Time to repost this youtu.be/xLYaOOI3u9Q

It's literally the same chapter, with opposite yet similar situaions of two sets of characters who serve as foils to each other (hell, Cairngorm has the same hairstyle as Phos in the scene after) in the opposite locations (earth/moon) with the same pose. I think not.

7 is still my favorite but I like 10

Is that your book? Can you scan it or take a better picture?

Oh shit you're right!! ICHIKAWAAAAAAAAA!!

Attached: shock lapis what nani.png (660x820, 399K)

Sorry, not my book I only found the image from one of the older /hk/ threads. Apparently there's a special edition of volume 4 that comes with a card game, these might be scans of the cards?

> even in the intros nuGoshe is of doing dumb shit

Nice.

That's a different set of cards to the ones from volume 4. See pic related.

Attached: 1545575134468.png (884x1280, 606K)

Meant for but close enough.

You noticed... the plot? The fuck? Is this your first time reading words strung together into sentences?

Are you blind? They’re talking about the visual pottery

So they're blind? What the fuck? Why would you post about "just noticing" that?

where is cthulhu

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x1791, 452K)

Hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door, the doujin board is two boards down.

hey buddy i think you've used this as an excuse to bump the thread

Attached: Marisa_get_out_of_jp.png (500x500, 148K)

漫画を断裁してスキャンしてネットにアップロードするクソ野郎へ、
俺はお前らを知ってるからな、この本だってゲームをやるのを我慢して
睡眠時間を削って描くのに数か月掛かってるんだ。一生恨んでやる。
ちんこが急に腫れて膿んで千切れて一生使い物にならなくなる呪いをかけてやる
一生シコれない身体になっちまえ呪ってやる。絶対に呪ってやるからな。

>Goshe is finally on a cover
>but only barely

Attached: DnIWDfhUcAEDrbM.jpg orig.jpg (1500x930, 203K)

Fuck you

I want to hug Phosphophyllite!

Attached: 1539227361406.jpg (1075x1518, 87K)

Bump

My favorite cover, it topped the 6th one, and moved 9th to the third place.

Attached: 1551044585257.png (316x1049, 233K)

blood will be shed