Promare's sales exceeds 1 billion yen in Japan

twitter.com/promare_movie/status/1161200722177925120?s=19

So that's studio TRIGGER's first movie. They did a pretty good job on themselves, I'd say. Let's have a thread to honor it.

Attached: 75227517_p0.jpg (1278x1223, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=セメタリーヒルズ c96&va=セメタリーヒルズ c96&b=1&n=20&rewrite_category=0
twitter.com/gkidsfilms/status/1161388388014010368?s=21
twitter.com/er1nant/status/1160967330538692608
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Based Trigger.

Attached: snapshot48.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

>Still no news on Oceania release date

what a flop :(

Attached: EB1sWtRVAAI7zGx.jpg (1000x759, 72K)

Has flopfag killed himself yet?

haven't been keeping up with it, what even are the 2 shorts that came out?

prequels that take place 3 days before the movie

>Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu: ¥850,000,000
Kyoani BTFO. Trigger always wins.

BD When?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, TRIGGER WAS SUPPOSED TO GO BANKRUPT, DELETE THIS

Cool. Now stop airing it so the BD can actually come out and I can watch it.

yaoi wins again baby

Even finished on podium at spa 24h

Attached: spa24 promare rain.jpg (1920x1280, 485K)

Still waiting for the bds.

this will solidify mass apeal+fujo pandering as a powerful and profitable combo, god bless

Attached: EBX5TCHU8AA0-1O.jpg (2048x2560, 633K)

Glad Trigger is back on track after disappointing garbage like Kiznaiver, LWA TV, and FranXX (which is more of a Cloverworks/A-1 show anyway).

LWA TV was fine, don't put it together with those shitstains.

One day

Trigger haters btfo

>1 billion yen
that's like 3 pizzas and a bottle of coke in dollars

>fujos rule amirite
The movie doesn't even have that kind of aura yet people like you give it a nasty and ugly touch purealy out of delusion. Go back to your containment board.

Remember when you were claiming it was a flop because it pandered to fujos, lol?

purely*

I think Imaishi and Promare's character designer sold a Promare artbook or something at c96 and they're going for decent prices.
idk anything else.

auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=セメタリーヒルズ c96&va=セメタリーヒルズ c96&b=1&n=20&rewrite_category=0

americans are still not white, though

>you
Who? Don't take some random idiot's comment as Yea Forums's general thoughts
You're just as annoying as yurifags

>implying I'm the flopfag
Check your brain in the hospital once in a while retard, defending fujoshit is the last thing people wanted to do, and I'm not even a fan of Trigger much less their shows.

>This level of butthurt
Woah.

Regardless of the movie's "aura" or whatever the fuck, that's definitely the fanbase it has attracted.

Why would anyone go to an imagedump board? Are you new that you don't know how Yea Forums works?

You're making a fool of yourself and you're probably sweating and blushing right now

>muh butthurt
Yikes.
More like the movie had the misfortune of attracting the wrong type of crowd just because the 2 MCs are dudes with one just so happened to look like a girl.
>Yea Forums is an imagedump board
Sure.

Why does fujo trigger Yea Forumstard so much? Don't they know how the industry work?

How much is one billion in real money

chan is an imagedump board
Sure.
Not only stupid, but also illiterate that he can't read a single post

Attached: 1476029388945.jpg (265x196, 46K)

cranky because fujo-filled added screenings helped this film pass the one billion mark ensuring the glorious reign of homoeroticism in your precious animus, aren't you?

Attached: D-SrDNRUEAE2bIi.jpg (1000x1200, 149K)

You are cute, user

Most of them only watch mainstream stuff, you can see it because they latched on Franxx and thought it was somehow original.

You mean in gold or yuan?

>misfortune
Seems pretty lucky to me if fujos pushed it past 1b.

>Post mentions /y/
>Anons replied by including all of Yea Forums
Lurk more.

Imagine being butthurt because your favorite studio made a movie popular with women lol.

>More like the movie had the misfortune of attracting the wrong type of crowd just because the 2 MCs are dudes with one just so happened to look like a girl.
The "wrong" type of crowd made it popular while moeshitter were too busy masturbating at the latest haremshit to buy the tickets.

Think this movie got popular with literally everyone for different reasons. So it this fanbase war of "who is the most pandered" is fucking retarded.

>Think this movie got popular with literally everyone for different reasons

Attached: 1462826755034.png (375x375, 138K)

>9.5 million USD
that doesn't sound like a lot of cashola

>being this mad you had to express how mad you are by telling others it is they who are mad about a movie made for mainstream viewers
>n-no you're just mad because muh women and shit
>Trigger is pandering to us because reasons
The absolute state of fujos being this desperate to self-insert themselves as the driving force of a company's success lmao

Attached: smug_anime_girl♂.jpg (496x590, 138K)

Duh, it's Imaishi. Promare has strong KLK and TTGL vibes which appeals fans of his previous works and all the crowd that likes this kind of stuff. The movie itself has been praised for the good writing and the tremendous fighting scenes, so I'm just assuming you are baiting.

>t.random idiot's comment
Okay.

They'll stop cheering for Trigger once BNA comes out and move on to the next hot yaoibait

Remember that anime films cost like 300 bucks to make because nobody working on them gets paid.

well yeah, kinda, it has pandering for Triggerfags, bara for barafags, mecha for mechafags, Imaishi for imaishifags, sasuga for sasugafags, grills for normies, GaloLio for fujos and Lio on his own as a somewhat gender-ambiguous tsundere twink for people who are into this kind of shit

Attached: D_M9fGjVAAAEIg5.jpg-orig.jpg (1365x1200, 581K)

relax

It is for an anime movie, unless you're Ghibli or Shinkai.

Calm down with the buzzwords

Anime saved Trigger.

you came back for another Lio pic, user? don't worry, i have plenty! here's Lio kun as a catboy!

Attached: 1563547959893.jpg (1200x972, 140K)

2 hits in a row for Trigger, and BNA is shaping up to be the biggest anime of 2020. Not bad.

Attached: 1562439492983.jpg (2400x3345, 1020K)

Michiru is already 2020 best girl.

Is that supposed to be a cat or a squirrel girl?

I don't remember the exact species, but it looks like this.

Attached: 1562615240409.png (1176x716, 1.41M)

Her little face marking makes me think she's a raccoon, but she's probably some type of cat. Shame I was hoping for some sort of squirrel/chipmunk girl.

Praise the gays.

She's like a mix of more animals I guess
>BNA -> DNA

trigger does it again baybeeeee

Attached: yutas cocksock.jpg (858x960, 101K)

>Franxx
>shistain
If you can't handle trigger at its worst, then you don't deserve it at its best

But FranXX is A-1 at its worst, with one of its usual yearly mecha trainwrecks.

Imaishi is now part of an exclusive list of 7 directors that have broken 1 billion yen at the box office with original anime:
Miyazaki
Takahata
Otomo
Hosoda
Shinkai
Nagai
Imaishi

It’s opening in Taiwan in a few days.

It's a tanuki.

>sasuga for sasugafags
I think you meant sakuga for sakugafags.

Ahh, it's going to be enjoyable to watch based westerners and especially based chinks take anime away from ugly Japanese girls. I wonder what went wrong with male otaku to allow this shit to happen, but fortunately we'll be there to save their asses from the fire

>good writing
What writing? It's an extremely simplistic summer blockbuster type of story with Hollywood style structuring. It's hard to fuck this up as long as a movie maintains energetic pacing with a lot of action scenes. It's literally just the epitome of a "dumb fun movie."

this is just sad

New US showings are appearing all the time. Now that it’s playing in my home city, I don’t have to travel far for subsequent, non-premiere event viewings.

Based fujos singlehandedly saving anime

>hetcels seething
Trigger does it again

That's interesting.

Pretty sure Koe no Katachi sold more than Promare.

I think GoodSmileRacing’s #4 has different livery now, but the memory of Promare car will live on.

>LWA TV was fine
Nope, its a shit.

Koe no Katachi wasn't Kyoani's first movie.

No, it was fine. It could have been better, but it was still an enjoyable show.

Nah

Koe no Katachi is an adaptation of an already successful manga.

What's Yafya doing there?

do you think the nips had enough time to make and sell any promare stuff at summer comiket?

They saved most of it for an event on august 24th. You can visit tora to see what they've been working on.

Good. More Lio please.

Attached: D89UaO5UwAATYOL.jpg (1200x812, 121K)

I hope to own the storyboard book, artbook, and Koyama's sketchbook one day.

Attached: EBculdvUYAElZ-h.jpg orig.jpg (1024x1024, 268K)

That should be part of the announcement they have

Nip fans will see it 6 more times each in celebration

Attached: EB10Oe2VUAEgYrF.jpg (1200x1200, 311K)

Damn, Aina could have looked like THAT?

Attached: 1565515068768.jpg (900x1200, 175K)

That's literally Yoko. I prefer the final Aina.

I want to know this too.

Were they planning to make a shounen anime?

I'm glad they changed all the design, especially Lio.

one cute Lio coming right up!

Attached: D_nAS8FVUAMOH23.jpg (1420x1007, 128K)

Imagine the /ss/.

actually wouldn't give a shit about this movie if Lio looked like this

>Trigger wins and thrives
>KyoAni burns and dies

My thought exactly.

RIP trigger.

>>KyoAni burns and dies
After what happened I think they'll actually come back with a bigger fanbase and people throwing money at whatever they churn out

It was originally supposed to be the story of a boy growing up, but then they realized that it would have been too much for a 2 hours movie.

I only hope that this incident killed their in-house Light Novel shit for good.

I think that was originally what evolved into Kray (if I'm remembering what they told us at Otakon correctly)

>yuribait
>fujoshit pandering
>furry anime next
I just wanted hot blooded action or something as cute as Luluco, for fuck's sake.

This movie IS hot blooded action for 98% of the time. If you come to Yea Forums expecting balanced discussion you are the fool one.

trigger is shit and should be burned down next, arsonist when? Also CGImare is garbage.

Even 2% of fujoshit are too much.

Also the so-called fujobait is very brief and could easily be brushed off as a joke if it really bothers you that much. The way you faggots are getting so up in arms over it makes me think you're a bunch of closet homos.

it's our time now old man! also if trigger pandering (just pandering) to yuri and bl fans prevent you from enjoying the action in Gridman and Promare you need therapy for real

What stopped me from enjoying Gridman is the fact that Akane and Rikka are horrible bland characters and show wastes more time on them and other stupid ningens and their plot lines leading to nowhere than it does on admittedly good fight segments.
Crawl back to your tumblr or whatever shithole you came from.

Cry more.

Attached: snapshot10.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

Akane was the only vaguely decent character in that.

No, that's Anti.
Akane is a piece of whiny trash so irredeemable the Gridman would've done the world a mercy by letting Alexis suck her dry.

I liked Akane more than Rikka, but both are just treated like fanservice characters outside the anime. The show wasn't bad though.

>dude kamina lmao
>but there is a gay faggot too
Why is Imaishi such a hack?

>anti
Dumb edgyshotafag.

I haven't watched Gridman but based on what you're telling me, Akane and Rikka are great characters. Picking this up now, thanks for the recommendation.

I will never forgive them for underusing loli kaiju

Anti's edginess is endearing and is treated as a joke.

>trigger has anime and film sell well due to people actually enjoying it
>kyoanus needs to burn to the ground to get people to give them money
Makes you think

When's the Blu-ray out?

does someone want another Lio pic? :)

Attached: EAa2rBIUwAASRXf.jpg (1900x1514, 260K)

6 months after nips stop caring about the movie and stop going to the cinema I imagine.

Nooooo, it's a flop trigger will go bankrupt reeeee

>smiles
Lurk more tranny

Kyoanibro it's okay to admit we lost this one.

i'll whip out emojis next, if that's okay with you? ;3c

Attached: D_DhybQVAAArbOz.png (1070x1200, 269K)

They have something special planned for crossing 1 billion, announcement should be soon.

Attached: EB3eKesUYAE8CkL.jpg (1199x720, 219K)

This.

what do lio's fluffy green pubes smell like?

>put fujobait in the movie
>827392738373 in sales

Akane is a great character. There are a lot of details and nuances in her characterization, regarding her self hatred and the awareness that what she's doing is sick and wrong, which is surprising given that almost everything about her past is left vague. For example, every kaiju is an emotion she has given form, and Anti rapresents her hatred for Gridman. But, that hatred was always hiding secret longing and admiration, as rapresented by his trademark ability of copying Gridman, and by his eventual change of heart and transformation in a Gridman clone. I mean, it's a given that she always wanted to be defeated and saved, since she puts herself in a tokusatsu setting as the villain, knowing very well how the genre works. Still, she probably didn't realize that the NPCs were actually real people until the end of the school festival, after which she starts becoming more and more suicidal and deranged and starts seeing the ones she killed in her dreams. The moment where, after succeeding in trapping Yuuta and the others in the dream, she still brings him to the cemetery where Tonkawa's grave is for apparently no reason is especially telling. Then of course there are all the hints to the "Akane and Rikka are the same person" theory. The show is really good at not spoonfeeding every little detail and character thought to the audience, and letting figure out things by themselves.

Attached: gridman0901.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

That's like ~$10 million, which is a really shitty box office haul by US standards.

Is this actually considered a hit in Japan ?

By anime movie standards, yes it's a hit. Not a massive hit like Your Name, but a hit nonetheless. Taking into account all the money it'll make on BD sales and merchandising and I think it's a win for Trigger.

would love to know that too, user

Attached: 1563028077153.jpg (1500x1063, 185K)

I take it back, by Japanese standards this is likely very good, I just saw that Spiderman Far From Home has only made $27 million in Japan, so for an anime with less than 1% of the promotional power being able to make $10 million is quite impressive.

Yeah, especially for something not based off an already popular franchise or from a well known movie director with tons of advertising.

Attached: 8ac1da4700f1cb165d053bd993508dcd.png (890x438, 37K)

LMAO, this didn't age well.
What's even funnier is that he did the same with SSSS Gridman before.

Attached: ESLfag's newest massive flop.png (1836x1190, 842K)

Why is this man so obsessed with Trigger flopping?

That shitpost was literally three days after the movie came out, how anyone took it seriously is beyond me.

He's an unironic studio warrior. And he doesn't even only hate Trigger, he regularly shitposts Bones shows and the other day was trying pin Carole & Tuesday against Violet Evergarden.

Why hasn't anyone still scanned the artbook...

I'd buy Imaishi's book if it didn't go for 20k yen in the aftermarket.

Not many people were able to buy them in the first place. It’s not likely that someone seeking to do something illicit with the books got their hands on them.

Bravo TRIGGER

now BDs when

Attached: IMG_20190705_215511.jpg (4160x3120, 1.57M)

uh sweaty, trigger is a fujo studio
they are clearly cattering to us
you can tag along I guess, but behave

I love this kind of baits

BASED FUJOSHITS SAVING ANIME AND TRIGGER

Have you watched it?
It's really fucking gay. Of course fujos will like it.
It's super good though and the fight scenes are amazing. Kray and Vulcan are fun villains and Lio in dragon mode was really cool.

Attached: promare crash.webm (1000x562, 2.72M)

>he fell for it
didnt sakuga anything else from you

Good.

Please announce the BD already, I'm sick of always watching the same clips and prequels.

Does this mean a sequel/TV series/spin-off?

Maybe, we can only speculate. All we know is that it’s some kind of thank you to the fans for their support.

>Gurren Lagann lite

Will this be subbed online, or do I have to wait until it's in theaters to see it?

It’ll probably come to a cinema near you before the BD is released, ripped, and fansubbed.

Attention leafs
twitter.com/gkidsfilms/status/1161388388014010368?s=21

Announce european dates outside of France, fuckers.

The Russian dub was showcased today, I believe.
>tfw still no date for your country
Come on I live next to the frogs I want to see it too.

Based. Got my tickets.

Attached: D_2ObbjUYAAP9WB.jpg (3024x4032, 1.85M)

Are you seeing the dub, sub, or both?

I only have time for sub at the moment. Might go see the dub if they add more showings.

Fire force rip off!

koe no katashit flopped

>pander to fujos
>get showered in money
gee what a surprise

I'm doing the same. More showings are supposed to open up after the 20th in the US and I'm interested in how they handled the dub. I bet it'll be good.

A lot of anime that bait fujos get ignored and flop, it's almost as if they also have standards like everyone.

I'll take one Madoba prequel, please

Attached: D875Km8V4AMEbyf.jpg orig.jpg (650x650, 91K)

>look at the sub screening times
>9-10 PM on a Monday night
This better be worth it.

Fuck off, Lio backstory is more important.

Attached: EB0z62yUcAAJDf1.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

I think Imaishi and Nakashima just really get the female audience, accidentally or not. TTGL, KLK and now Promare all had a sizable female fanbase.

Does anyone know if GKIDS gives anything out for these anime movie premiere events (i.e. posters)?

With Pomare and the fujo fanserivce it's deliberate.

Do not bully Lio's bros.

Attached: EBk-7yhU8AEBN25.jpg (1200x900, 138K)

I don't know about free stuff, but they have said the "premiere events" will have special features like interviews with Trigger staff.

I'm not, I love them, but I want more Lio.

>it's a hit so its good
KLK was their first show and it was a shit 'hey kids remember ttgl we made that'. It sold well though.
While I haven't seen Promare it's very hard to look at it as anything other than what I still see KLK as.

Nah they are good because I like them.

>KLK was their first show and it was a shit 'hey kids remember ttgl we made that'.
Watch more anime.

Name 5 anime with TTGL and KLK central plot device.

>central plot device
?

AAAA GIVE ME THE BD

These were their giveaways at AX, presumably the screenings will have similar.

Attached: D-pxLWtUcAA58IC.jpg (900x1200, 269K)

Frenchies, please confirm.

GKIDS does not handle the distribution in France.

Lio is so lucky

Well deserved, it's Imaishi's best work since dead leaves, it's really a shame that it didn't do better in France but only a handful of cinemas screened it.

is there a camrip or something? i dont want to wait for a rental or BD, cuz im sure im theres no way in hell theres gonna be screenings in mexico.

the country where supposedly, FUCKING MADOKA REBELLION Got a extremely limited screening.

Just fly to France bro.

I assume it will be shown in Mexico at some point.

I hope this wasn't just an AX exclusive.

We get anime movies in almost every state every two months now, do keep up. SAO made it to national top 5, I think last year.
No Promare yet tho, but I hope you've been watching HF

Hey, what's this? is it from Comiket?

Yes, it's from one of the recently released Promare artbooks that were sold at comiket. That particular artwork was also shown at their AX panel when they were discussing Promare's early ideation.

Stop. If you have nothing to contribute, you're supposed to let threads die naturally.

Trash

Can someone fucking subbed the 2 ova

Can someone fucking spoke the English language

>speak

should have readed the post in response

> readed
Read

>he still didnt done it
lol

>so many belts
All useful for beating you faggots like your father should have done.

Attached: Smug Minnie May Hopkins.png (291x299, 167K)

What is this anime about and why does everyone want to fuck 'Lio'? Has Trigger saved anime again or forsaken it... again?

Attached: Turkey 1539052802608.jpg (520x598, 233K)

yes, punish me papi (/≧ω\)

Attached: D_Cf90vXoAMOQtf.jpg-orig.jpg (685x1000, 140K)

>furry shit
Yup maybe Islam isn't so bad after all for the West.

just saw the trailer for the russian dub and it's honestly not so bad, still hoping for the subbed copy to reach my city though. less than a month left till i meet my boy wife, i'm so exited bros

Attached: 75792992_p0.png (796x1123, 317K)

>done
Do

MAHARI

YUWARE

lrn2readed

>watching russian dub
>not watching with sub

Attached: 1562456883657.jpg (700x1064, 57K)

i might not have a choice till the blu ray comes out, user :(

Attached: D_XIoieVAAEr6_f.jpg-orig.jpg (750x933, 212K)

stay salty

>russian
uhh don't you guys burn gays in the streets or something

Based Putin

i'm still here as you can see

Attached: D8JU019UIAAWoR3.jpg-orig.jpg (1627x2048, 304K)

>russian dub
How is it possible? I thought our "highly moral" and "orthodox" government hates gays, like this user keenly noticed?

they got Reanimedia to do the dub, so you know it's good. and the gays in Promare are pretty stealth, just like the gays in our great country, so i guess they let it slide. can always slap a 18+ label on it as well
twitter.com/er1nant/status/1160967330538692608

Do anyone know when the sub comes out?
Haven't found any torrents of it.

>Learnt to read

Maybe that because it's so subtly fujobait that they haven't even noticed anything wrong

It's a movie about Lio being abused repeatedly

>Japan is now gay for traps
This is news?

Would this even be technically fujo?
Many men look at lio on the poster and go "wow cute gir- wait...". I bet some would even go "I don't care if homo".

Lio best grill (male).

Attached: 8f3d743fc39c33c298b3f705a94d7dec.jpg (800x800, 207K)

you still didnt learned to readed

Not really, they like to force traps everywhere

Yeah, they played it safe.

What's Promare even about? They're playing it near me next month and I was interested because I like Studio TRIGGER but I opted to see Millennium Actress instead.

Google it.

...and turning it into a shittier state.

Why do you typed like this.

This guy gets it.

Attached: 1561261959237.jpg (1255x2300, 1.06M)

Fire mutants vs firefighters with mechs. It's pretty hype.

No I think it's actually cashing in on a potential new trend. There's always been traps, but lately that whole thing has been getting a lot more attention by both men and women.
This is not 3DPD shit we're talking about obviously.

Attached: 1561218682972.jpg (1600x1174, 170K)

If this is considered fujo then Promare is actually a step back in terms of quality gay content.
>none of the males are actually gay
>there is no romance between them
>disgusting rival dynamic
>literally a single joke pandering scene
In terms of pandering even the 90s fujoshit had better stuff.

>new trend
Effeminate girlboys in frilly dresses were part of the BL culture before you watched your first animu, newfriend.

I thought this was pandering to trap lovers of both sexes.
Any relationship is pretty irrelevant if people come for the qt cunny(male).

>Is this pic allowable if it's technically male but shows nip?

Attached: 1564357550797.jpg (966x1280, 108K)

I know, but it seems to be mutating within the last few years.
BL is becoming less of the focus when most men tend to see a female.
It's confusing androgyny.

Pixiv stats would indicate you are correct. Lio fanart is in the 2ks while everything else is in the 600s. And I'm only using pixiv as reference because it's the only platform which provides numbers.

Lio is such a mediocre cunny. I fucking hate this meme character. He's not even pretty, he looks like a dorky tranny with a Heman haircut.

IRL traps are becoming more popular with the rise of the transgender acceptance. Nowadays men are not as ashamed to fuck transsexuals and they don't consider themselves gay for it.

Continue your engaging trans discussion on /lgbt/ not here

The discussion is being had in the context of anime, so mayhaps unclench?

This is Lio now, feel old yet?

Attached: One-Piece-2-6.jpg (580x500, 77K)

>context
Which? The movie doesn't have trans shit. Just a trap character and that's not even the point of it

>why did you typed like this

>He's not even pretty
It's more the smug androgyny.
Seeing that smug face initiates a chain reaction within me that urges me to bully/fuck him.

>implying
Did you see that abomination that hacked that credit company like a few weeks ago?
Also
>3DPD at all
Disgusting.

Attached: 74bc13c5de36896ff0b2a54fe59c6443.jpg (700x700, 79K)

me readed this and brain hurteded

Attached: 1562947858175.jpg (540x443, 29K)

>Seeing that smug face initiates a chain reaction within me that urges me to bully/fuck him.
Smug is for bitchslapping and leaving on the sidewalk not engaging in sexual power play.

>Smug is for bitchslapping and leaving on the sidewalk not engaging in sexual power play.
Shit taste.
Smugfucks are best fucks.

Attached: jahy is the smuggest.jpg (504x556, 85K)

Good thing it has never advertised itself as "quality gay content". Fujos liking a shounen does not make it bl or suddenly make the criteria to judge it whether or not the characters are faggots. It's a regular action movie.

Essentially this, Lio is one of the breakout characters more popular than any shipping.

He's not even a trap.

He is just best boy(male).

Attached: EB6or5nXUAI-vO8.png (700x608, 126K)

He's not really macho or even that masculine though.
Honestly, I don't really care what he is.

Attached: 1561216428409.jpg (1200x1750, 115K)

I think the term is "smuggubus (male)".

Attached: 1564357994732.jpg (722x1020, 360K)

He's shit.

>Good thing it has never advertised itself as "quality gay content".
instead it advertised itself with the twink/hunk combo with obvious fujo pandering character design in mind. If you think this shit didn't intent to pander you are wilfully delusional. It's just a very weak bait.

You're a shit.

Attached: 40d4a7e9c7f4d46c387ade3c4c905b6a.jpg (769x1000, 89K)

If it did pander then it may have dug up new territory in the process.

I'm The Shit. Lio is just lowercase shit.

That's a good word to describe yourself.

What territory? All it did was lower the bar for future fujo shows.

His personality and mannerisms are unironically the manliest all movie.

How can you not like this qt?
You're a shit! SHIT!

Attached: 1561175852315.jpg (600x720, 240K)

It's called gap moe in case anybody is still confused.

But I always considered fujo more macho pandering. Lio is a bit confusing to men and women. I bet that was deliberate to broaden the audience.

This. Even if he acts macho, for some reason it doesn't come off as that.

No, it advertised itself as a trigger action movie. Whatever else you saw is influenced by your faggotass mind and fanart. Don't confuse your delusions with reality. But at this point it's already successful financially and commercially, despite having "weak bait", whatever that means to you.

Has anyone of you pandering-fags consider for a second that the creators just did whatever they liked? That Koyama wanted to draw another pale-haired twink and a more spiky Kamina, and so he did?

>reanimedia

Filchenko as the kamina standin, again?

I guess I'm watching this movie after all.

Wait till you see the movie.

Attached: D9a6s9NVUAAjBF_.jpg (980x1140, 192K)

Nice brain filter. Keeps you safe from reality. Nothing trying to sell itself to fujos about this piece of official art either, right?

Koyama was specifically instructed to draw the little maggot "prettier than all of the girls." For whatever reason.

correct
Lio is alpha

Attached: 1564685790725.jpg (942x1187, 178K)

>creators just did whatever they liked?
But that's what I think happened too with Lio, hence why nobody really knows who it's pandering too. They just thought "let's make the smuggest, sexiest androgynous character" without care of how it was seen. Instantly people reacted to it too with confusion.

>gets' his ass handed to him like a punk ass bitch
>needs to be resuscitated
>loses powers
Kek, anybody can puff and posture.

I have a feeling his character in the movie is not like the character Yea Forums shitposts. If it is like that then my body is not ready.

This.
Outside the movie they aren't pushing the fujobait, also don't give these people attention and stop replying to their delusion.

ВОТ ЭТО МАГМА

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 16K)

There's nothing sexy about a noodly twelve years old body, Jeffrey.

It's okay. You can be a big boy and admit you like fujoshit.

the reason being Koyama isn't the only one with exquisite taste working at Trigger. the allure of gender ambiguity and subverting expectations is almost universal (if you're not a brainlet that is)

Attached: 1562533211835.jpg (1430x2048, 466K)

Initially I thought he reminded me of old English kings with that hairstyle.
Then lewd art came and suddenly that made me consider the character far more androgynous.

I hope there is gap moe though and he's a bit of a bitch.
Any leaks? I don't think this is playing in my country.

Attached: 9a182304d6fdd3c4a9fdfc7f8fc62cca.jpg (500x1040, 192K)

Twelve years old are cuter than that, he looks like someone who stopped growing and has weird body proportions

I agree, absolutely nothing erotic and lewd with this semen demon.

Attached: 1561173708761.jpg (845x1200, 132K)

Yeah, a magazine ad months after the film was out and they saw it had female fans.

>Outside the movie they aren't pushing the fujobait
>Outside the movie
god-tier cope

>fanart

It's not a male figure ay. It's a feminine structure.
Almost looks tomboyish... which is weird because it's an actual boy. Like a flat girl in male clothes.

Attached: 3df689fa7ce47a801494e83d6271d90b.jpg (750x1176, 101K)

I don't get it, mind showing me proof instead?

The posters had the males forehead-touch in that retarded rival fashon fujos love so much. From a thumbnail on twitter I thought they were straight up kissing or embracing.

It's no point discussing with them and their biased """logic""".

They're definately pushing the fujo aspect.
But they're also pushing the trap/androg aspect of it too.

It's pandering to two audiences.

Poster reminded me of wrestlemania actually.

Attached: wwe whew.gif (285x169, 1.42M)

there are plenty people in america who have seen the movie by now, i'm sure there is a full movie description out there somewhere.
Lio kun is simply perfect and i can't wait to meet

Attached: D_1M4DwU8AEviFu.jpg (651x626, 55K)

Because if you look at gay fanart all day on twitter of course your brain distorts things. I guess it's just a matter of individual perception, I saw that as a typical Trigger hype visual with the rivals staring at each other

Attached: kill-la-kill-the-game-if-title-and-story-details-announced_xr1s.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

He looks like a tranny mid transition. The intended sexappeal is obviously female-like but the attitude is male.

Cute dress.

There is gap moe in being very delicate looking but also manly, fierce and strong.

Attached: EAOa8XyUEAAcxxI.png (748x701, 134K)

>tranny mid transition
nah.
3DPD a shit.

Attached: 1562520702306.png (300x300, 108K)

Reminds me of tsunderes though, rather than GAR.

What are they doing with these when the cinema run is over?

Attached: 3d.jpg (617x1199, 135K)

>trying this hard to reclaim a fujobait movie
Be cool user, deep breaths.

Oh shit I've finally realized who he reminds me of

Attached: mdo-aa405057.jpg (698x1049, 164K)

>using yuri incest bait as an example
Totally helping your case.

Lio is surprisingly nice and acomodating to galo. I was surprised when I watched.

They already slapped a 12+ rating on it, bets on whether content's going to be censored, please.

>muh yuri cest
>muh [buzzword]
Aren't you all tired? Do you want to vilify Imaishi's passion projects so hard?

Well you aren't going to see any tsundere antics but there will be a lot of badass antics.

yeah man, this >191929829 poster, in a female oriented magazine, alongside other anime full of "rivals staring at each other" moments like Free! and KinPri, is totally heterosexual. it's the fujos who are delusional

>pandering is a crime
It's clear the problem comes from your end.

Ragyo literally unecessarily raped Satsuki though

Yes, all those shounen manga are all yaoi manga after all.

You can't see beyond that, can you? People like you is why the anime industry is falling. And you're probably one of those who criticize it.

We were talking about the visual, not the mag illustration. Illiterate mentally ill fujo go back to twitter please.

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Attached: 347523.png (377x357, 135K)

Trannies and landwhales. That's what happens, every time. Report and ignore.

>anime industry is falling
Promare earned big bucks from pandering fujos so you're the delusional one.

The usual.

Some Triggerniggers are still in denial that their god sold out to fujoshits.

It wasn't about money, but the quality of the fans. But that's fine, you are probably very young and immature too. Last (You).

Fujos are trying to prove they were stealthily being pandered to since the poster image despite none of them caring about the film back then.

Disappointing.
>just wanted to exchange banter with him while he crossdresses and I'm plowing dat ass

JUST.

Attached: 1561210636949.jpg (1432x1436, 244K)

Does shounen manga usually feature one of the MC looking 100% like a girl yet behaving like a boy? Does that usually happen?

It's ok to like things that fujos are into. It's ok.

Yeah low quality and poor fans like you are the worst.

>The male characters are looking at each other in a key visual, so it's literally Free.
Yea Forumslright.

Yea Forums is discovering that this wasn't merely pandering to fujos.

Attached: 1561659336183.jpg (523x535, 63K)

It's better than Free since their lips actually touch in the CPR scene. Kyoani has no guts unlike based Trigger.

Attached: 1542735132044.png (746x653, 783K)

You bring this shit up all the time like it's a fucking contest, nobody cares
Stop shitting the thread

NO IT'S NOT OK.

Attached: no you don't understand.jpg (680x894, 111K)

The absolute state of these threads

But there's still no implied gayness so that's a step back even from recent gundam.

Wew.. Is this real?

Attached: 1563474580503.gif (205x260, 109K)

Stop replying to them

You're the one that brought up Free and now it's about Gundumb. Stop moving goalposts.

Tell that to the fujoshits bringing up the topic constantly. In multiple threads.

It was always going to be shitpost central with this movie. It was inevitable when you have shows doing controversial ambiguous things.

Yes

Attached: 1541818172572.jpg (1041x896, 271K)

we've been here since the visual and earned the mag illustration by seeing the movie a bunch. i'll stay and continue posting cute Lios. seethe

Attached: D-7k8n2UYAA-Sui.jpg-orig.jpg (1875x1875, 174K)

These people are all underage. They come from /cm/ and it's better to not engage in discussion with them.

Why are you still here? Why do you think gayshit "stepbacks" are relevant to anything?

/cm/ isn't really the right place though. In fact there's not really any place for traps and androgynous males/females.

27 threads and counting btw.

Yeah, but then you go to /cm/ and you see south park shit and want to vomit immediately.
Shota and cute male is a somewhat distinct thing from that androgynous confusion zone.

/cm/ is more for characters like Lelouch perhaps, characters that are far more obviously fujo. Yea Forums mods and Hiro really needs to think about that because I don't want to see nude south park characters every time I try to find a trap/androg thread.
Just make /trap/ a thing.

I'm here to flex on lowly promare fujos who eat up ugly character design and weak bait.

Fujos don't care, they eat up shit like BnHA too.

Lio is not a trap and /cm/ is a perfect place for him, since he is cute and male. We at /cm/ welcome male character of all shapes and sizes!

Attached: D_1fKqOUcAE6CG1.jpg (562x842, 77K)

Says a lot about their taste

Nah, he's too androgynous or I wouldn't be interested in him as much.

Happy for them. I hope I will be able to watch the movie in theaters although I doubt my shithole of a country even screens anime movies. I wonder if they will release an OVA episode as a thanks.

And we have had the discussion about Lio for ages now. Aren't some of you all tired? We won't agree at the end of the day, everyone has different opinions; trap or not, fujobait or not etc Trigger just wanted to make something fun and it worked. Their next project is furryshit and as a company they will try to appeal to many audiences besides waifufags.

Indeed.

>Their next project is furryshit and as a company they will try to appeal to many audiences besides waifufags.

This.

But why appeal to just one audience when you could appeal to many by making things ambiguous.

>And we have had the discussion about Lio for ages now. Aren't some of you all tired? We won't agree at the end of the day, everyone has different opinions; trap or not, fujobait or not etc Trigger just wanted to make something fun and it worked. Their next project is furryshit and as a company they will try to appeal to many audiences besides waifufags.
This
They'll still keep arguing no matter what, and you know that any attemp at a having a civil discussion will end with "cope" or "have sex". I can't wait for everyone to watch the movie so there'll be a lot more to talk about.

No! Trigger wouldn't betray us for fujoshits and furryshits!

You should save that for the _homo threads where gaybait level is probably relevant discussion. That's only a positive for the people who aren't mentally ill.

*are

Androgynous men are still men, user. His voice, personality and the way he presents himself are completely male. It's okay to be attracted to him though, since Lio kun is simply the best!

Attached: 1563187341414.png (740x899, 479K)

Promare belongs to fujos, Deal.

I don't mind a character who breaks stereotypes and has gaps between their attitude and looks, but Lio character on the whole is aggressively unappealing to me and I have no idea why so many people got caught up on that bland design.

No, he's putrid shit and a fandom whore.

Trigger fanboys are having meltdowns over some fujoshit. They would need to check into a institution when that furshit comes out.

I know they're still men. But they're different from some of the type on /cm/. That's my point.
A lot of people are probably put off by the less androgynous shit.

Tight leather and a weird body shape?

Have you watched the movies or are you just upset people who did enjoy drawing a character they like?

>stop liking what I don't like

Attached: 1536801454037.png (1280x720, 878K)

try again in english

Eh, but it's the same as Gridman and yuriniggers spamming in every thread so I'm not sure who's more at fault in these situations.

Anyway I'm tired of all this meta OT talk, I hope it'll get better

It's really up to personal preferences. No matter how many times someone can give you their reasons why they like Lio, you or anyone else that doesn't find him appealing, won't like him. No reason for either you to try and understand or them explain. Everyone has their own preferences, likes and dislikes.

The first description is yourself, 2nd is Galo since he is shipped with everyone in the film.

>this kills the akko

Ugly trigger face, ugly hair helmet, ugly everything.

That's because you have shit taste, faggot.

Attached: 1562943339875.png (400x419, 46K)

Reminder to report spammers, falseflaggers and various scum.

Attached: 37293.jpg (630x466, 64K)

I have impeccable taste, it's you plebeians with shitty pedestrian taste is what's bothersome.

If somebody shaved Lio's head as a prank it would do the world a favour.

Have you watched the movies or are you just upset people who did enjoy drawing a character they like?

The opposite of this is true. Traps fundamentally accept themselves as males, but exploit their God given femininity looks to appear more like a girl.
Trans are people like this. Men with internalised homophobia who get confused and start genuinely thinking that they're girls (practicing self-mutilation and drugging to keep up the delusion).
Most trannies will bite your head off for even using the word trap. They're fully woke.
Most traps are chill people who just like crossdressing.

Nobody cares.

>Most traps are chill people who just like crossdressing.
This.

Attached: 1533367568251.jpg (533x708, 71K)

>to me
It's fine to have shit taste but getting angry about popular things won't make them less popular.

what does lio's saliva taste like?

Attached: 1560574806151.jpg (1075x1719, 170K)

Spearmint

transsexuality

This.

Tell me, user, how does it feel to be wrong, since Lio kun is objectively the best boy ever?
>A lot of people are probably put off by the less androgynous shit.
You are correct. I myself only visit the Promare thread on /cm/, so other people's taste (in men or media) doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Attached: 1560773843309.jpg (583x1199, 64K)

No worst taste than popular taste vermin.

Old male semen.

Attached: c628971e546c9c6530eb6f5c0087d5bd.jpg (800x800, 294K)

Ashes

Attached: 75703137_p4.png (600x787, 125K)

People have different tastes, it's okay user (but Lio kun still is the best).

Attached: D_CaxtWUYAEz379.jpg (1200x716, 142K)

I bet hardo gays are getting annoyed with those threads though.

Tell me Lio, how does it feel to have a hairstyle that makes your head look like glans.

Lmao

Shave that lemon off your head kiddo, it makes you look like a retarded lollipop.

No, most people are aware that people have different tastes. There are occasional whiners, but for the most part everyone keeps to their threads.

Feels cute!

Attached: D9otF6KU0AEQiys.jpg (1600x960, 190K)

I want to make the fluffy kitty on the left purr

Attached: D_JR05oU8AA9Ox-.png (700x529, 133K)

You should stop thinking about penis so much.

Bunny > cat

Attached: EBvorW_UEAA4FgJ.jpg (500x502, 37K)

They're all really good!

Attached: EBw2qLGUwAA7Dlt.jpg (3280x1865, 394K)

I want to fuck Lio.

He's the poor man's genderbender Nonon, the only difference is that Nonon is actually funny and charming. And is not a tranny.

Attached: original.png (500x750, 332K)

One if the many reasons why LGBT deserves absoluty nothing

"Yes officer, them right there! Those filthy faggots are ruining my animes!"

Why are you so obsessed with trannies? Is this a Yea Forums thing?

They didn't get anything but fujoshits got some pandering.

The movie already has a Shintani character but she's much more tolerable than Nonon. That comparison makes no sense.

I want to nani her sore.

Attached: 9ab.png (954x662, 548K)

Projecting his mental illness onto fictional characters is all he is capable of doing.

>replying to yourself

Attached: 94.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Deluding yourself must come easy to a thing like you.

You're dealing with fapping.
It's like when fapping to porn and instead of focusing on the bitch, it focuses on the male pornstars face.
Directors that do that must be purged.

Attached: disgusted_cat2.jpg (909x863, 153K)

Attached: EBmHM2fVUAASGt1.jpg (2048x1536, 813K)

Yikes

Is this achievable natty?

So fluffy.

Attached: EAj1Wy9UwAE9Hs_.png (800x590, 251K)

>3D trash
>with garbo simple chara design
>with shitty trigger direction
Fuck this crap

Calm down and type that again, this time in english.

We are reaching unprecedented levels of fluff!

Attached: 75669836_p13_master1200.jpg (627x649, 136K)

Cartoon Network tier design aside, it's good for the action. The visuals are amazing.

Awwww, is the baby going to cry now?

Wrong thread?

Het is only good if the show has yuri or/and yaoi tones too. Only pure vanilla is just boring and panders for lowest level of otaku who self insert to those losers that have no talents and get everything. To pander for everyone = WIN

>typed
Type

Now that the movie is a success and popular people who haven't seen it can only quibble shit with other people who haven't seen it.

The size difference really gets me

Attached: 1565757309537.png (758x1000, 83K)

Success breeds jealousy.

I'm saying people lose boners when they see unappealing or disgusting shit.
That's why they need specific spaces.

absolutely badess.

Attached: 1502341756752.gif (565x802, 694K)

How wet did fujos get at this scene?

Now that the movie is a hit you can confess, weird Promare edits guy: were you a shill all along?

>Promare made money off fujobux
No it didn't you fucking morons. People went to see it multiple times because it's just that good. Also, for the love of god, stop responding to the VEGfag.

did typed*

Correct. Also based and redpilled.

Wow. You can't be more typical my dear triggerfag

>were you a shill all along?
>getting payed for posting shitty shit edits on a mandarine image weaving fuckery board
yeah right. just let me see the god damn movie already. holy shit.

Attached: Dy7EnNzV4EBmnjP.jpg (1200x1702, 460K)

I still suspect you. The circumstances are just too fishy to me.

>1 billion yen
How much is that in a currency that actually matters?

Camrip doesn't do it justice desu

66,352,482.40 yuan

Say something nice about my OTP.

Attached: EAKjGvcU4AEQSYU.png (829x900, 449K)

Uhh yeah some of them are...
It's just a racist concept invented by racists to pretend as if they're better than people...
Like lmao irish people weren't considered white, right wingers are so stupid.

I loved your edits user.

>not even 10 million in USD
Did it flop in Japan or is Japanese currency just weak?

She's a slut.

I bet every time lio rides cowgirl and he tries to finish himself with his hands galo grabs him by the wrists and makes him drape his hands over galo's shoulders and then tell him no touching, which produces a very pouty and needy lio

Attached: 1560894983519.jpg (999x1200, 129K)

I like to see them eat.

Attached: EBSrYQlVUAE7Vy-.jpg (756x1199, 179K)

Anime movies just don't make that much money in general. Make no mistake, it was a hit by anime movie standards. Not only that, Imaishi is now one of seven or so directors to crack a billion yen with an original anime film.

1 billion is a lot for an anime movie if you aren't Ghibli or Shinkai.

Trap and Kamina ripoff

That’s sad desu

No, that's a hit for anime movies. Even something as big as Eva 2.0 made "only" 2 billion yen. This is something completely unknown with barely any significant advertising hitting fate and code geass movie numbers.

Hot. any more headcanons?

Wholesome and cute.

Attached: D_cVFarU4AAWSXa.jpg (1120x824, 117K)

Lio is the top right?

Fuck off to twitter.

I adore Lio kun and he seems to like Galo well enough, so i approve of their union. (+ their size difference is hot as fuck)

Attached: 1564787645146.jpg (1980x2048, 648K)

Now they have the money necessary to produce my Panty and Stocking S2.

The problem with Trigger isn't money, it's that all their stuff is made by three directors (Imaishi, Amemiya, Yoshinari) and they're busy all the time.

I like them switching, so yes.

>their size difference is hot as fuck
The best.

Attached: D9vp8C6UYAI3aGG.jpg (1200x929, 99K)

quality > quantity

Attached: 1555574122659.png (184x192, 56K)

Yes.

Attached: 1563828405083.jpg (700x700, 51K)

Just give me more P&S.

Money is also a factor. There's a reason why all they do is collabs

Didn't Gainax also do collabs almost exclusively until Diebuster?

Ikarashi needs to be made a director.

Attached: P137706-1353574688.1464718676.jpg (1064x720, 102K)

They've always been a small indie studio please understand.

It's still soon. Amemiya debuted with his first real TV anime 8 years after his first episode direction.

I can't wait for the promare episode in luluco s2

Attached: EBHX3zyU4AE3pXI.png (850x576, 526K)

Luluco season 2 will just be PSG
S2 in disguise. Also in the Promare episode Panty will fuck Lio and cuck Galo

Kill Yourself

Wait, when was Luluco S2 announced?

I just announced it.

One day I'll be able to participate in these threads
that day would be when I finally watch this thing.
Glad the good boys at trigger making bank.

That would be crazy since Galo has her banana hair but in blue.

The akane episode he did for gridman freaking sold me as a director. I really need to see him helm a director role asap

Number of the ep?

no thanks we dont want spics in Paris

Attached: 24534743742.png (1280x720, 681K)

He is for stocking

Attached: EBPgC-PUwAEhSDW.png (873x867, 364K)

He also did the most impressive cuts on Sex & Violence with Machspeed

Not canon.

>canon
ftfy

Attached: EBh1LsGUIAEQraU.jpg (800x749, 68K)

I love this artist Lios and the emphasis on the lithe body. A true pioneer since they were there from day one before it became insanely popular.

Attached: D7wQ1ZkUIAAtWCV.jpg (786x1199, 144K)

you just KNOW galo has a high libido and pulls lio aside during social gatherings so they can elope for a quick succ
you also just KNOW lio refuses to swallow if galo has been eating poorly or drinking alcohol or was mean to him at all during the week
you also also just KNOW galo eats fruit salads and smoothies some days so he can suprise lio with how sweet and creamy he tastes
you also also also just KNOW lio turns bright red on those rare occassions when he does gulp down everything, and then refuses to admit he enjoyed it

None of the things you fantasize about will ever happen in canon because the pairing itself is not canon. They will never truly kiss in canon, they will never fall in love, they will never have sex, they will never form a romantic relationship. Never ever. All of what you'll ever get is inconsequential fanservice. You can't even hope for ambiguity because the two are decidedly not gay. Good luck and have fun with your delusions until you get bored with the pairing and burned from trying to visualize in your head what will never happen in canon.

Tl;dr

Tl;dr: Never ever.

Have people who come up with these elaborate headcanons seen the movie already?

Of course not.

You must be fun at parties. Relax user, I don't care if none of these things never happens in canon. I just want to enjoy my OTP as any other shipperfag out there.

Attached: D-_JrhfVAAAN4hY.png (627x886, 87K)

I hate food fanart because it makes me instantly hungry.

Looks like some long lost Beatles member

>You must be fun at parties.
Typical reply for pathetic fucks who know there is no defence for their delusions.
>I don't care if none of these things never happens in canon.
Sure you don't. Enjoy crying yourself to sleep when Imaishi shoots down you imaginary non-canon OTP.

Galolio cute and canon!

Attached: D-gKWORUIAAKAW3.jpg (855x1199, 115K)

why do adults get so preoccupied with hating the gays?

I love the 同一 gags.

I pity you user, your brain is so rotten away by hate that you don't even understand that Promare is already about Galo and Lio falling in love and their kiss mirrors those from classic fairy tales.
Can we get some more GaloLio in this thread for this poor user? Maybe the sight of two main Promare characters tenderly embracing each other will help thaw his frozen heart! (just like in the ED!)

Attached: D_NDTaRUcAAfzmL.png-orig.png (463x748, 148K)

You tell me, but it is funny as fuck in the context of this thread.

Fanart & headcanon.

c r e a m

Attached: D_kZzVnU0AALQa7.png (387x280, 45K)

Tl;dr. Stay delusional.

Don't stay mad – be glad! (that GaloLio are cute and canon)

Attached: 1561153238811.jpg (946x1200, 141K)

Keep staring at fanart until your eyes melt off, it'll never be canon.

Don't reply.
Never reply.

Stop replying to the mentally ill VEGfag

galo and lio frotting inside a fleshlight while they make out!

>things that will never happen

But it is already canon, user, you just need to open your heart and embrace it!

Attached: 7065982595d26830bb38d0.png (825x1274, 1018K)

You think?

Attached: 1562005458478.png (1768x2500, 2.31M)

you mean season 5

The more fanart you post the less canon this ship gets.

imagine not thinking boys should love boys

Losing to a based retard is not a good look.

Now i understand that this is just your covert way of asking me to post more fan art (to celebrate how cute and canon GaloLio are), but fyi we have 27 threads of it over at /cm/, you're welcome to join us over there!

Attached: 1562057652110.jpg (1200x1800, 849K)