Here comes a blast from the past

Here comes a blast from the past

Attached: 1545276863655.jpg (1440x750, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mLKIg73pLcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NwJ7LxxEOa8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god i loved that shit

>The only manga about skating and X-games
Im mad

A+

Opening was pretty good

Oh, great!

Air Gear was my shit back in high school, was actually pretty obsessed with it.

Attached: Your Sky.jpg (817x1200, 374K)

Rewatched it recently and hot damn the OST is great. The atmosphere is top tier too.

>character who fights by getting naked
>but is only a minor character and in the series that doesn't have full nudity
wasted

Attached: 1510588634363.jpg (789x1200, 246K)

I remember very little... Some guy was autistic and had split personality? MC's love interest wore a mask and bikini and helped him in secret? He had a buddy with a beanie that was super fast and he had best girl as love interest?

Oh Great manga doesn't age well because it's only relatable as a teenager.

I'm 26 now and I still think Air Gear is cool, like I can't relate to it but it doesn't make me reject or outright think the manga itself was trash.

loved it i keep forgetting to finish it I checked out after Barack Obama showed up

SPINNING WALLRIDE 18 DOUBLE-0 BUTCHA SPECIAL!!!

Literally like 90% of the girls in this series were sluts, like I'm sure they let guys do them left and right. Only a few of them seemed somewhat pure. Of course some of the guys came off as bisexual or secretly gay to me, like Spitfire. Spitfire was cool,but I think he cut hair for a living? He had a lot of female fans but he always seemed more interested in guys to me.

The art is good but the manga itself is retarded and the MC turned out to be the badguy

it goes to shit when it stops being about skating and becomes a metaphysical battle shonen where you can't understand shit of what's happening

art's great tho

Ikki wasn't the bad guy? Sora was the final antagonist of the series and he was legit insane. Ikki was trained by Sora and saw Sora as an older brother, so he felt hurt when he found out Sora had just used him. If anything Ikki is more of a nicer guy than a good chunk of the people in the series, which is why people are drawn to him. He's a natural leader, like by the end of everything he has a league of followers and supporters.

good thing he's just drawing bakemonogatari now. has it gotten to cat tits yet?

Oh great found his way over time

Attached: Kanbaru manga collage.jpg (3800x3800, 3.59M)

>Look forward to Oh! Great's next fantastic masterpiece!
I only remember Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear, anything interesting happened afterwards?

Sora: I'm gonna give the free energy and super anime skate tech to the entire world
Ikki: I'll just destroy it and make everyone able to fly for like 4-5 minutes to encourage them to uh, I dunno do shit for themselves??

Early Air Gear was the best, but at least best girl won.

More like
>Sora: everyone will have infinite freedom but hold no rights, since it would interfere with others freedom
>Ikki: people have no need for others to give them freedom, they need to pursue it themselves, in whatever way they see fit

And who won? Ringo?

Yeah.

Attached: 9781612621067.jpg (400x600, 105K)

Biorg Trinity which was messy but cool as fuck, as always.
Then he's currently drawing Kanbaru being a slut. It's awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=mLKIg73pLcQ
thread theme

and for some reason that requires destroying free energy tech, which is more important than ikki's gay ass shounen spirit determination shit

can't wait for the nisemonogatari scene where she's naked

Itsuki still has a thing for Simca. If he and RIngo ever get together, I can see him letting himself get seduced into an affair by Simca.

The tower had enough energy to completely erase gravity on earth for a few minutes, That thing was way too dangerous, bud.
He should've made a giant robot with it before taking it down.

Nah. Oh Great! went out of his way to not let Ikki and Ringo get properly tuned by anyone but each other, so Ikki's not getting any from anyone from Ringo. It's a shame but his thing for Simca will probably stay comedic.

I don't remember all the details, but Sora just seemed insane towards the end of the manga, like didn't he want to rule over the world as king or God? Some stupid shit, also wasn't Ikki's elder sister like his sex slave or something? Or was she just brainwashed? I can't remember. Sora's goals didn't seem noble to me at all though.

Admit it. The writing was bad. I liked the aesthetic & theme and character designs and concepts. I just didn't like the writing after the first arc or 2

Isn't there a scene where Ikki and Ringo kiss? Also Ringo was hot as fuck, like Simca was as well, but Ringo had the more nerdy kind of look to her but also had massive tits. Plus I'm pretty sure she cared more about Ikki than any other girl in the series as well, and she always believed in Ikki too.

Will there never be another manga about street sports? Parkour? Skate?

Attached: 55882260_2800167553341911_1238435085154254848_n.jpg (250x185, 7K)

Isn't Prince of Stride anime about Parkour?

No, because air gear fanboys will call it a rip-off/clone and keep comparing the 2, pretending that air gear invented skating.

I gotta reread this shit again. Legit miss some wacky radical sports series like this one

Yes but is fujobait

(I saw it completed)

Attached: 1473128589678.png (756x734, 44K)

>Spitfire was cool,but I think he cut hair for a living?

Attached: 1560318844737.gif (200x200, 594K)

>everyone will have infinite freedom but hold no rights,
how do you have unlimited Freedom with no rights I don't really remember the philosophy around the the ending but I distinctly remember Sora wanting to give everybody the sky shoes Lkki say no

Ikky? More like Icky.

>'m pretty sure she cared more about Ikki than any other girl in the series as wel
No

Attached: 474-4741836_air-gear-anime-character-art-character-design-references.jpg (840x965, 234K)

Started off fantastic, then slowly started going downhill beyond Obama, also worst girl won.

Literally every other girl cared about him more than Ringo, she was a fucking bitch more and more and Oh Great purposely forced it.

His job wasn't really a big focal point of his character, but I did think Spitfire was gay or at least bisexual.

Really? Ringo seemed like she really loved Ikki and wanted to be with him.

Doesn't she get gangraped? Or was that implied? Pretty sure it was implied she got gangraped.

there was a point when every side character (even fucking obama) shipped ikki and kururu but OG rushed the shit and we got a ringo end with no further explanation

>Really? Ringo seemed like she really loved Ikki and wanted to be with him.
She literally betrays him several times over despite this and paralyzes a girl. She's a fucking psycho.

Daily reminder that Kazu and pic related managed to be more likable than the MC.

Attached: Tenjou Tenge - Volume 19 - 91.jpg (1067x1600, 347K)

>Ringo seemed like she really loved Ikki and wanted to be with him.
she did but the way she express that was terrible she constantly tried to hold him back for his own "safety" going so far as the fight against him on the enemy team because his dream was too dangerous not to mention she was really violent and never expressed her true feelings into best girl had confessed

Also when his "mom' kicked him out of the house she didn't say anything while best girl decided to move out of her her house to be homeless with a key just to support him

Attached: air gear minami itsuki sumeragi kururu oh great 1280x800 wallpaper_www.miscellaneoushi.com_50.jpg (1280x800, 699K)

OST was pretty good too

Unfortunately, Kururu was indisputably best girl and got shafted by Oh Great.

She did love him, but she was willing to fuck over everyone else just to 'protect' him, and would never have confessed if Simca hadn't, and even paralyzed her ass like it was nothing, and even then didn't do anything to actually help Itsuki out in any way shape or form. Simca and Kururu helped him out and showed more true love towards him than anyone else. Hell fucking Obama was more of a bro than Ringo.

Ringo might as well be a doting mother type yandere, and not even the good kind either.

>Secondaries who get more character development than the MC and end up being more likable than the MC.

I love this in anime. I actually liked Kazu way more than Ikki and Kazu's development was better laid out than Ikki's.

Simca/Kururu > Ringo

This is not up for debate in any way unless you haven't read Air Gear.

air gear was never good. the only good sports manga was slam dunk everything is trash.

This is so damn good

Air Gear was good up until Simca gets disabled, after that it's just an utter mess of 'science' and Obama shenanigans.

Air Gear stop being good the moment the fight start incorporating forward movement into them which is the moment they fought the Fang King

I don't really remember much about the manga despite having liked it. The turf battles with stickers were really cool, but then everyone got super powers and I kinda lost track of what was going on. The girl with the + hairpin was great

>everyone got super powers
You mean
>So there is this draft in Hawaii called El Nino that produces storms that always travel to the East, this gives the Wind and Updraft a certain momentum that does X, but also produces Y, it also involves electromagnetics of the poles to produce electricity during storms so that one can trigger the eruption of volcanoes

Seriously the explanations for the powers were incredibly fucking stupid at times. s

Never read the manga but the anime was FUN especially the soundtrack. I'm still bummed that crazy fast motorized roller blades can't be a thing or rather something safe to do.

Anyone else still listen to the soundtrack?

Please someone help me find vol 28 it’s fucking expensive as shit.

Air Gear was great when it was only a parkour/skating manga w/ high tech roller skates. It went downhill after they went super-power/superscience BS.

Absolutely.

Not what happened. Sora was butthurt to the extreme that he got his legs fucked and it ended up turning into him thinking he should be the ONLY one deserving to fly. The sky regalia didn't grant free anything to anyone but the user.

Hardly. She was a fling at best.

You're a fag and your taste is shit.

A++

The OP music was cool but animation for it sucked.

Hes currently doing Bakemonogatari which really draws out his strength for drawing sluts.

Good shit back in the day. Wish they would have animated more of it.

No you don't.

The manga went to shit right after the anime. Animating more wouldn't have made it a better series.

What manga did you guys even read? Ringo was literally Ikki's Number 1 Supporter and when she thought her Sleeping Forest duties would get in the way, she willingly passed that title to Kururu. Except Kururu knew she'd never be Ringo.

And Ikki himself told Ringo that she's the one person who knows him best and cares for him the most. Like, right before she tuned him and they kissed.

You got the right impression, user. The fanbase just has a hateboner for Ringo because she had her own shit going away from Ikki and fought him once.

>and even paralyzed her ass like it was nothing
Did you miss the part where the characters state that if Ringo hadn't paralyzed her, Simca would have gotten off way worse? Ringo temporarily paralyzed her to get her off the fight and protect her.

>going so far as the fight against him on the enemy team because his dream was too dangerous
No, Ringo was always part of Sleeping Forest. Ringo fighting Ikki would have always happened, and Ringo knew this. It's why she suffers for like half the manga. But when she fights him, she does it so he will realize how dangerous the AT World can be and so he will understand her without words. Which works, and Ikki himself admits that Ringo was right and says that she's "gentle" and "kind".

All the hate towards Ringo was never justified because you have every single character literally explain how wrong haters are.

>Still listen to the OP from time to time
FeelsNostalgicMan
It sucks we never got a proper S2 and just a couple OVAs (though they were enjoyable) same with Negima

I remember Obama showing up. That was the moment the series really just jump the shark.

It's not hard to be better than Ringo though, even fucking Obama was a better girl.

The anime actually ended at the best part before it truly goes complete batshit.

And this is why most series are filled with waifubait instead of actual complex characters.

This but I loved early Air Gear so fucking much. Still love it.

Oh Great really can draw the things I like.

Attached: air-gear-1575592[1].jpg (750x1136, 140K)

tits too small

Small tiddies are more fun to bully.

This thread makes me want to buy the Air Gear Omnis.
Is Tenjou Tenge any good?

Attached: Snake in the grass.png (1456x1040, 1.34M)

Not really.

I watch the anime every year or so. It's still good. The ova is nice as well just for the simca fight

We can all agree that Kazu and his waifu were top tier together right?

>All the hate towards Ringo was never justified because you have every single character literally explain how wrong haters are.
>Explain

See that's part of the problem right there. They can EXPLAIN it however they want but it doesn't gel with what we SEE. This is just like every other shit harem where the MC picks the boring main girl because "THERE'S JUST SOMETHING...."

The ending actually made me furious.

Why?

Maya died

Yes.

People only saw things that way because they were too far up in their Kururu and Simca daydreams. Ringo was never portrayed negatively, and even Simca understood her intentions the moment Ringo attacked her.

And how is Ringo boring? Anyway, Ringo had pretty much already won before the manga started, Ikki was just too dense to realize it.

>And how is Ringo boring? Anyway, Ringo had pretty much already won before the manga started, Ikki was just too dense to realize it.

Don't ask questions you answer yourself.

Same. I stopped caring about the manga when it became a convoluted mess, so she was the only thing I read it for.

And it's not like I was even expecting her to win the bowl or anything but come the fuck on.

But that has nothing to do with her character? How many main girls turn out to be both the MC's LI and their enemy? Ringo had way more going on with her character than either Kururu or Simca did.

What angered me about it is that it gets shown in like a page. And then all we get of her is a picture while her annoying and useless sister is still alive. That was a low blow.

>How many main girls turn out to be both the MC's LI and their enemy?

More than you'd think.

Seriously below the belt. Could not stand Aya.

I'm open to recommendations, then.

Yeah, me neither. I hope she won't get the MC in the end but since that's like her only purpose, well.

Air Gear wasn't about street sport halfway through.

Yeah it was about thuggin

I read the first omnibus from Kodansha and enjoyed it. Never got around to continuing it. I remember the artwork seemed to have a thing about showing Ikki's ass. For some reason he was always positioned so you could see his butt. (I'm guessing Oh! Great is an ass man and doesn't care if its a guy or girls ass).

Staring at a girl's ass is actually plot-relevant at some point in Air Gear.

We can agree that Kazu was best boy right?

I have the whole series digital but i'm too lazy to rip it

Tenjou Tenge was better

You mean, you didn't age well, because you can't relate to a good story anymore?

>good story
You mean good plot.

Basically yes.
Sorry.

I was rooting for Ringo from the start, and was happy she won, but Kururu a cute and sweet and I would have been almost as happy if she won

Thats not Yoshitsune

It's body time

I don't remember monkey has big tatas

Never fished the manga. Have a question about Kazuma, was he any good as a fighter/roller? I think he was supposed to be the fastest character of all. Could he beat Ikki in a fight or at least hold his own?

Yeah dude, the side character could totally beat up the main character of a battle shonen.

this and tenjou tenge were my favorits back in the day after ichigo 100%

Attached: Tenjho.Tenge.full.1652.jpg (860x1200, 465K)

The art of Oh Great is just fantastic. Too bad he's a terrible writer.

benkei and rika was the best

Attached: air-gear-172946.jpg (800x1170, 114K)

did she write too?
tought she only draws

Chain still slaps so much, I still listen to it

Yes. At the end, he defeated arguably the strongest character in the series and his R.E.A.D is incalculable at his peak.

He and Ikki fight at some point, he can definitely hold his own.

Fucking A1 series. Can’t wait for it to continue.

Oh Great is a guy.

Making the roads literal super powers was the downfall

Kazu became like the 3rd strongest. Only Ikki and Sora are stronger than him probably

Attached: x4-1.png (1809x1300, 678K)

>Ringo was literally Ikki's Number 1
In theory but the actual events of the plot say otherwise 90% of the story but she's actively deceiving him or fighting against him. There's even a scene towards the end of the manga where a Ikki is told to close his eyes and think of the person who cares about the most and he sees Kururu

Nah. Ikki and Sora became so strong, they had to handicap themselves in their final fight because they would've destroyed the world with their respective regalias

Attached: x4.png (1806x1300, 662K)

>starts off as extreme rollerblading with turf war
>devolves into full blown battle manga with super power
>oh yeah here's obama in a girl body

Did a bunch of highschool girls get gang raped in the intro?

I agree. Kururu will always be the best girl.

>Simca would have gotten off way worse?
This is a large part of why her character sucks her inability to let people live their own lives in a story whose major theme is freedom she's constantly trying to chain people down

>But when she fights him, she does it so he will realize how dangerous the AT World can be
I said that she's constantly trying to hold him back for his own "safety" a large part of why Ikki like AT's is because of how dangerous it is and how exciting that makes him feel. The way in which she expressed her concern for his safety was terrible as well instead of simply telling him AT's can be really dangerous and asking him is he sure he wants to go down this path and respecting his decision she stands in the way of his dream the think he is most passionate about in life

See>There's even a scene towards the end of the manga where a Ikki is told to close his eyes and think of the person who cares about the most and he sees Kururu

Early-AG Ringo is the best version of Ringo

Yes

>made this thread hours ago before I went to be for kicks and didn't expect replies
I'm surprised Yea Forums remembers this

there's an Air Gear thread every couple of months

That wasn't near the end of the manga. It happened literally one or two chapters after the first Ikki/Ringo kiss. And it was the first and only time Ikki thinks of Kururu romantically too, so it was obviously a red herring because Ikki and Ringo would've been a done deal otherwise.

Still, Ikki went and cucked Kururu like 10 chapters later when she was hiding in a locker and he called her "Ringo" with a smile so big that Kururu was amazed he could even make a face like that.

Air Gear gave me many faps in the days of my youth. Along with Gantz.

>her inability to let people live their own lives in a story whose major theme is freedom she's constantly trying to chain people down
I respect you feel that way, user, it's definitely not unfounded. I didn't really mind it because that was ultimately the flaw Ringo needed to overcome, but I understand why it turned you off her character.

To be fair though Ringo didn't stand in the way of Ikki's dream. She actively encouraged him to try the ATs and only fought him when push came to shove. And one of the main reasons was so they could finally understand each other. It's also through that fight that Ikki realizes that he hadn't been putting his own feelings into his run and that he needed new wings, so if anything she helped him out.

best grill comin through

Attached: 1540156122978.jpg (1433x1072, 186K)

>She actively encouraged him to try the ATs
I agree with this but the moment he decided he didn't just want to play around with AT's but become the Sky King she definitely stood in his way and worked against him achieving that dream

I love Air Gear so much that it took me two days to have the courage to post in this thread because I didn't want to see anyone saying bad things about it.

Attached: 1539303068626.png (500x377, 146K)

Post tiddy and ass

This manga is batshit retarded and I love it so much

Your ass it didn't, I'm 31 years old and just re-read the whole thing again after years and found it to be much more entertaining.

the concept of Kings and Roads was the coolest shit back then
too bad we only saw 8 of them

Attached: 1558813036566.png (1652x1200, 425K)

I really liked the Kazusexual girl that Obama bodyswapped with so I was pissed that she basically never shows up again

>too bad we only saw 8 of them
if we're being real we saw like three or four this is literally the only example of the Rumble Road that's ever shown

It’s the same kind of retarded fun

I'd fucking kill for a couple of OVAs of the Sleipnir fight

Attached: air-gear-1547414.jpg (1200x876, 171K)

Same user, it's okay

youtube.com/watch?v=NwJ7LxxEOa8

Not really? She fought him because Ikki had no idea what that dream actually entailed. After their battle, she never fights or opposes him again that I recall. She even goes out of her way to protect Kururu when Ikki's team has their first serious match and then disguises herself to help them out again later.

Started awesome and dived into shit.

Anime kept the stuff that was cool and still about sports so at least it wasnt a complete waste.

Simca is best girl.

>dived into shit
>Simca is best girl

Attached: 1369992265127.jpg (491x405, 55K)

>Sleipnir fight
mein negra

Attached: x1.png (685x1000, 937K)

>because Ikki had no idea what that dream actually entailed.
and what did that dream entailed and washing money out of fought him directly she definitely faught people who were allied with Ikki him and that definitely counts as working against them

This series made me a little gay.

Attached: air-gear-168549.jpg (800x1226, 159K)

I love Oh Great!’s habit of bringing back minibosses and making them still powerful or whatever

It was dumb but hard-skin guy breaking off the tip of the needle with his neck was sick as hell

>literally the only example of the Rumble Road that's ever shown
*blocks your path*

Attached: 1540399993459.png (1936x1400, 720K)

Love the soundtrack to the anime.

Because they were in opposing teams? No but really, after their fight Ringo does not even fight anyone in Ikki's teams and supports them anyway they can. She even looked sad when Mikan said Ikki wouldn't be able to participate in the tournament and immediately disguised to go out there and try and help his team.

It may also have had an influence on my S&M fetish. Thank God for the Japanese.

Attached: Air gear.png (728x1097, 267K)

why do they give best boy such a boring ultimate power.Why could he get a more thematically relevant power to his struggles with getting out of Ikkis shadow instead his greatest accomplishment is copying Ikki

Ye
Kilik deserve better

Im still thinking about the Sora Plot twist and how awesome was that specific moment

Ringo was a piece of shit

She was pretty selfish and ultra possesive, also went as far as to beat up Simca out of jealousy "hidding it as petty excuse"

Simca was the true best girl because she encouraged Ikki to breakthrought and fly, to be his best and have self confidence. Plus she actually told him how she felt about him. But at some point Oh great decided to get rid of that with some retarded convulted excuse, which unironically is what turned AG into shit.

Discount 2.0 wannabe simca, waste of time and character.

Attached: 8295696b570a8e3d761b1931c9b63f338ba1f09c_hq.gif (500x261, 695K)

Get a life, grandpa.

>cringe

Didn't Simca do all that to manipulate Ikki?

>Didn't Simca do all that to manipulate Ikki?
No, she did it because she saw his potential and wanted him to reach it, plus she legit fell in love with him.

i forgot the anime has boobies!

>she encouraged Ikki to breakthrought and fly, to be his best and have self confidence. Plus she actually told him how she felt about him.
Kururu did all of this as well while also having a completely different personality and supporting Ikki in a much more active way

Cute autism.

>Kururu did all of this as well while also having a completely different personality and supporting Ikki in a much more active way

Kururu was wannabe simca 2.0 and was a completely redundant character made just to move Simca away for some reason. If you gonna go with a route then at least choose the original character and not a copy paste ripoff.

Oh great really shat the bed with that choice.

Kururu was really sweet but she was destined to lose the bowl. And ironically the moment Ringo hands her the position as Ikki's #1 supporter Ringo becomes Ikki's equal.

Attached: 0a7cd040269854579f7a92346110ea4dda747989_402904_685_1000.png (685x1000, 393K)

sorry pal

Attached: 78b98a7abbef53877e77ab1358d18680.png (1280x1834, 790K)

psycho bitch, incestous bitch.
Worst girl.

I'm confused as how you can acknowledge her major character flaw here being that in her attempt to help people she often goes against what they themselves want
while I wouldn't describe her as a villain she absolutely fits the role of an antagonist for the majority of the story

best mommy

>incestous bitch
did I miss something?

>best girl
>cuts her hair
>ceases to be best girl
Amazing how this patterns keeps repeating itself, just look at Bakemonogatari and Katanagatari

incest sex machines

>did I miss something?
lad mistook her for ringo clearly.

>an antagonist for the majority of the story
What? I think you're misremembering things? Ringo is the one who first teaches Ikki about the sky when they are little, and then she is the one who gives him his first pair of wings (going against Sleeping Forest's rules to do so). Then she is the one who makes him leave the nest so he can find wings of his own. And then she even tunes him.

The only two things Ringo that could be seen as going against Ikki are temporarily incapacitating Simca (so Sleeping Forest would not have to fight her seriously) and fighting Ikki. She holds back during both fights. During Simca's it's obvious because otherwise she'd have killed her. With Ikki's, instead of beating him she shoulders his attack to protect him from the reaper and then willingly hands him the victory.

Aside from that, Ringo never stands in Ikki's way. She actually helps him over and over, even after their fight: saving Kururu twice, giving his team info to ensure they can participate in the tournament, going to protect his team while Kururu prepares the regalia and ultimately tuning him herself. It's to the point that Ringo and Ikki say they'll see each other in the finale of the tournament.

There's even an entire chapter dedicated to Kururu trying to find a "missing piece" and she only finds it when Ringo's there to do Kogarasumaru's pose with them.

Attached: 0c50e553d6174da7be075f48b61ab3043a55c001_757564_685_1000.png (685x1000, 740K)

>coping this hard.

user, Ringo was a selfish self centered cunt, Oh great kept going back to her for some reason and then kept changing his mind.

The only one that actualy liked Ikki for who he was and wanted him to grow from the beggining and wasnt standing against him was Simca.

>Kururu was wannabe simca 2.0
You still haven't explained how. They have completely different personalities and the way in which they support Ikki is completely different.
>Kururu was really sweet but she was destined to lose the bowl.
Of course I knew she was destined to lose.
>And ironically the moment Ringo hands her the position as Ikki's #1 supporter Ringo becomes Ikki's equal.
I don't agree with this at all besides the final fight she never did anything to establish yourself as a Ikki's equal. And even then she was only useful because she had a Ikki's super special storm shoes. Outside of that what did she do to establish yourself as his equal? was? she even established as noticeable stronger than the rest of Ikki's crew?

Kururu definitely has a better argument for being for his equal seeing as how she was established with her own goals and ambition that could be achieved separate from Ikki and that she was well on the way to achieving. But working with Ikki makes both of them better. As far as I remember Ringo was never given any goals separate from Ikki

based and slutpilled

>What? I think you're misremembering things?
an·tag·o·nist
/anˈtaɡənəst/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person who ACTIVELY OPPOSES or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.
Maybe your misremembering because she along with the entirety of Sleeping Forest fits this definition.

Did not like the direction it took.

>ichigo 100%
FeelsNostalgicBro

Glad I dropped this piece of shit when Oh Great made Ringo win. Saved so much wasted time.

The only antagonist in Air Gear is Sora. Sleeping Forest is out there to crush Sora. Ikki's team eventually gets that very same purpose. Kogarasumaru and Sleeping Forest even work together more than once. So no, I'm not misremembering anything because this thread just made me go back and re read the manga.

Ikki and Ringo are the strongest riders, the only reason Ringo could wear his regalia was because she's really strong on her own. And Ringo did have her own goals separate from Ikki, including breaking from her chains and finally being able to run freely.

>selfish self centered cunt
Ringo gives Ikki up to both Simca and Kururu when she thinks they might be able to make him happier and support him better. Her entire character conflict is that she's way too kind for all the shit and responsibilities that got sprung on her, so she continuously has to give up what she wants to do what is expected of her. And Oh Great never changed his mind, Ringo was the lead heroine from the start until the end user.

>The only one that actualy liked Ikki for who he was and wanted him to grow from the beggining
Ringo literally continuously tells Ikki that he's got wings bigger than anyone else and helps him grow. And liking him for what he was? Ringo's loved him since he was a little kid despite him being a little shit.

Attached: 417186bd3b3f073f4d4f487efa565c3c57375e89_609775_685_1000.png (685x1000, 595K)

Best King.

Attached: image (1).jpg (2037x3056, 2.16M)

Pls correct if am wrong but...As far as I can remember the last 2 vols all development was going towards a kururu end but suddenly when we had the long awaited sora vs Kiliks the chapters were wasted in Ringo helping with the regalia and in a unconvincing way building the ship with ikki. After that, OG shows us Kiliks head in Soras arms, just the result of the fight. So the last fight is with sora and neesan vs ikki and ringo. I remember feeling quite dissatisfied because I felt that OG had just put Ringo in all the latest events to give it relevance and that screwed up a lot of things. Personally, I expected the last fight to be with Ikki and Sharkboi as a team like the old days against Behemoth.

If we could get a new AG OVA, choose: fight and studio

>soul eater is 15 years old
>the manga ended 2014

Attached: soul-eater.jpg (1440x750, 198K)

>The only antagonist in Air Gear is Sora.
This is objectively wrong
>Ikki and Ringo are the strongest riders,
Where was this ever said at?
> the only reason Ringo could wear his regalia was because she's really strong on her own.
But what she the only person strong enough to wear them? Because If not I don't see why any of Ikki's other friends could not have done the same thing she did seeing how she was losing until she use them and how she's noticeably weaker than all three other people taking part in the fight
>Ringo did have her own goals separate from Ikki, including breaking from her chains and finally being able to run freely.
What are those goals then because this is nonsense and means nothing

Attached: Air_gear_onigiri_noyamano_rika_desktop_1600x900_hd-wallpaper-997892.png (3200x1800, 2.77M)

Yeah, you are wrong. Ringo was the first girl, and she was always the main one. She had the big confession, the big kiss, big everything.

reminds me of that cosplayer. you know the one.

Attached: 1352914868306.jpg (500x667, 93K)

>dingo was the first girl
WRONG

Ikki actually realizes his feelings for Ringo about 100 chapters before the end.

>This is objectively wrong
If you want to count all the battles they had against other teams, sure. Sora is still the main antagonist and Ringo was never presented as one.

>Where was this ever said at?
I think it's pretty obvious since it's Ringo Ikki brings along to the final battle, and it's Ringo that Tool To turns to for protection. But if you think other riders are stronger than Ringo that's fine.

>But what she the only person strong enough to wear them?
Sorry user, I don't really understand your question.

>What are those goals then because this is nonsense and means nothing
How can it mean nothing? Ringo's Thorn Road is a literal representation of her character: each time she fights against someone, she receives the damage she inflicts twofold. Not only that, but she never asked to be the leader of Sleeping Forest, either. What Ringo wants is to be able to fly freely and to be strong on her own. To break her "boring self". She also wants for people to enjoy AT without hurting each other.

Attached: 187ea7a5959b2cc97b8bb0dad0a7f13d081f4013_627418_685_1000.png (685x1000, 613K)

Wait, let me correct myself: Ringo was temporarily presented as one for all of like, 20 chapters. So nowhere near the majority of the story. And throughout it all we still got her POV showing that she wasn't an actual antagonist.

Do we ever find out his mom was or was he a test tube baby?

what? she was never incestuous. She loved ikki like a normal brother. Ringo was the one slobbing all over his cock.

He's Sora's test tube baby.

>I think it's pretty obvious since it's Ringo Ikki brings along to the final battle
This isn't proof.
>Sorry user, I don't really understand your question.
I'm asking was it ever stated that she was the only one besides ikki who was strong enough to wear the regalia
>but she never asked to be the leader of Sleeping Forest,
So her goal was to quit being a leader of sleeping Forest? If so she only achieve that because of Ikki.
>She also wants for people to enjoy AT without hurting each other.
This is a stupid goal because the violent aspect of a AT's is a large part of what draws people to them including Ikki
Ringo was temporarily presented as one for all of like, 20 chapters. So nowhere near the majority of the story.
For almost every chapter that she was a part of Sleeping Forest she was an antagonist. Antagonist are not always the bad guys in the story.

>This isn't proof.
Sure, but it sure does nothing to hurt the assumption, either. But like I said: I don't care about Power Levels.

Yeah, she sure was an antagonist and presented as such. And no, her goal wasn't necessarily to quit being the leader of SF. It was to be able to run freely the way she wanted to run.

>If so she only achieve that because of Ikki.
That wasn't the point. You asked if Ringo had any goals of her own unrelated to her feelings for Ikki. So yeah, she does.

And when did Ikki say that he was drawn to the violence of the AT world? Because the reason he started them was literally because he wanted the freedom of being in the sky. And in the last fight, he repeats that's exactly what he likes about them.

I'm stopping here though because at this point I'm just arguing against your interpretations instead of, you know, what actually happened in the manga.

Attached: f4673964a478721c5cda97ad5b8d950e108db0e3_432535_895_1300.png (895x1300, 422K)

Wrong image. Here's the antagonist doing the battle cry with the MC's team, because they all definitely feel she "actively opposes them". Such hostility.

Attached: 155d8db382a61493a5974b96959896f0869b960c_515687_685_1000.png (685x1000, 504K)

Too cool to be alive

>antagonist gets shoe horned after being a complete selfish dick.
>Therefore its good.
>coping
Sorry user but Air gear was a dead horse at this point.

>>selfish self centered cunt
>Ringo gives Ikki up to both Simca and Kururu when she thinks they might be able to make him happier
Absolute bullshit.
Ringo kept standing in the way of simca from the beggining to the end.

>lead heroine
And how does that change the fact that she is a self centered selfish cunt?

Also kururu was filler 2.0 simca that was a redundant character as fuck. Simca could have filled that role and be developed more with Ikki. But as I said Oh great didnt know what to do and kept going in circles whilst trying to write romance in the most cringe otaku way. In truth the relationship between Ringo and Ikki was toxic, since she was possesive and controlling as fuck.

>That wasn't the point
yes it was I only asked that question because we were talking about whether or not she can be considered as his equal

>I think it's pretty obvious since it's Ringo Ikki brings along to the final battle,
Then its your head canon.
>he also wants for people to enjoy AT without hurting each other.
Uhh wasnt that Simcas intention anyway?

You are refering to a point in the manga where no one gave a shit about it anymore, the story was shit and a dead horse. And it wasnt about what the premise originally was but a boring ass battle manga with ridiculous amounts of fan service and beams and lazers.

Also sorry but Ringo had no goals at all, and if that is her goal then its completely retarded.

first half it was about sports, having fun, adventures and rival sport teams.
second half was a boring battle manga with convulted plot, story, filler & reduntant characters.

>You still haven't explained how. They have completely different personalities and the way in which they support Ikki is completely different.

>She was a tuner just like simca
>She wanted ikki to succed and pushed him to succed just like simca
>she had pink hair and opposing love role just as simca
As I said, she is a wannabe discount simca 2.0

>muh different personalities.
You are right, Simca was fun whilst Kururu was your generic cheerleader character number 47.
Seriously user you cannot defend what cant be defended.

>Kururu was really sweet but she was destined to lose the bowl.
She was a pretty pointless filler character.
Also Ringo "winning" the bowl felt pretty hammered down since Oh great didnt know what to do and was dancing between simca and ringo altought he often forgot about simca.

Too human. All Gravity Children trembled before him.

shut up and post kanbaru

Attached: image0.png (2276x1616, 1.35M)

And I loved all off it

Go away, Nisio.

Damn this shit takes me back. I'm real mad the adaption never got fully animated though.

I will never not be mad. Best girl was robbed.

Attached: tumblr_p29c1vYugG1rtk7eyo1_400.jpg (400x304, 35K)

>There's even a scene towards the end of the manga
That was before the middle.

It's interesting seeing retarded people's headcanon, like staring into bizarro-world

Which headcanons exactly? Because aside from the power levels, everything I mentioned is literally stated in the manga.

>possessive and controlling as fuck.
>encourages Ikki to try AT to get close to Simca
>encourages Ikki to go be with Simca
>willingly steps aside for Kururu
>says she's willing to be Kururu's #1 supporter
Ringo gave up the Ikki bowl like four times and only confessed because she was officially letting him go. It's Ikki who brought her back in, all on his own.

Attached: b9fcdc91b4a59392f92b23fea886f4b2fadede1b_421723_914_1300.png (914x1300, 412K)

>Ringo kept standing in the way of simca from the beggining to the end.
Like I said, despite her feelings for him and how much it hurt her, she encouraged him to follow his heart and go to Simca a bunch of times. It's Ikki who kept coming back to her.

The hateboner for Ringo is really something, it's like you guys read a completely different manga. You keep blowing her flaws out of proportion while praising other girls for stuff Ringo herself did for Ikki or felt for Ikki. I mean, I get not liking Ringo because to each their own. But at this point you substituted Ringo's actual character for someone else out of bias.

Attached: 7f1d801c8b628193c087604fbcf38d56bd7885c3_261541_914_1400.png (914x1400, 255K)

even if unintentional she's clearly guilt-tripping him here

I hate how Air Gear made basic school uniforms look so fucking cool and then you realize it's impossible to make it happen in real life cause most of the stylishness is simply art effects.