This nigga

This nigga

Attached: 720full-captain-justy-ueki-tylor.jpg (720x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/1168/Musekinin_Kanchou_Tylor_OVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would serve in the military if he was my captain.

*William Tell intensifies*

Secret genius

Attached: 1502126459180.jpg (960x720, 117K)

he cute

To the three of you who've watched this, just remember that this exists.

Attached: garbage.jpg (420x600, 73K)

I forgot about this. Didn't bother watching this

What the fuck is this?

I try to forget this exists.

this show is great

I was really into this show when no one knew if he was only pretending to be retarded or not and once that it was revealed that he was just really lucky it kind of lost me

How could you be so dumb? They spent an entire episode explaining how luck is the only thing that really matters in the end.

Because what made it intriguing was the idea that no one knows if he's a secret genius pretending to be retarded or actually retarded and once the mystery was revealed the show was no longer interesting

What do you mean revealed? I haven't seen it in a while but I don't remember that happening.

I don't think it was supposed to be a secret.

I’ve been going through every OP ever made from ‘61 just got to ‘97, Captain Tylor is top 10 tier so far. Seems kinda Golden Boyish

I haven't seen it in a while either but I remember it being set up like there was a chance he was a secret genius in the episode where he cleans the ship and actually acts like a disciplined captain. But then in the episode where the ship almost gets blown ip and he teleports around in space until the ship attacking him gets pulled into a star and destroyed and he tells everyone that everything he's done was just pure luck. This could be totally wrong because I haven't seen it in years but I remember becoming disillusioned with the show because of something like this.

>taking anything he says at face value
The ending is top tier comfy.

I remember that bit well, but I figured that the whole point of him being a potential secret genius was that he could just be lying about being lucky.

This is one of those rare anime where the dub is actually better than the sub. The OP is also fucking godly

The first half of the show is pretty rough before it transitions to a more explicit "crazy like a fox" theme.

I'd rather not.

The episode in which their enemies literally sink themselves into a star is one of the good ones. Actually, after that episode the enemy admiral becomes so obsessed with Taylor's luck that when he finally gets his ship surrounded, disarmed and with the engines down he can't relax until Taylor officially surrenders, because he's still convinced some bullshit will save him in the last second.

Also, while I can buy that he could be pretending until that episode, it would be way too forced, and that's not the point of the series. Taylor is not pretending to be a dumb-ass, nor he's like that because he knows no better. He's purposely acting like that, living his life without care, trying to be happy and fighting war rather than the enemy. He talks about it in Taylor's War when their crew mutinies because he refuses to order them to fight.

Taylor is neither a lucky idiot or a genius, he's just a happy go lucky dude that wants to chill.

Like this show. Is there anything else like it?
Also, wanted him to be with that princess girl, the chemistry between them was so fucking strong.

Any way you look at it, he's extraordinarily lucky.

Sorry, nobody can beat a classic tsundere.

at last whis give us a resume of what came later...

Are old Tylor OVAs worth watching? There are like 10 of them.

Attached: 1503807523928.gif (245x175, 922K)

Cursed image.

He is both lucky and smart, that's the point. Tylor is not all one nor the other, he has wisdom from his life and in the books it's much more evident that he's sort of got a Zen perspective on things, which is why a lot of shit that happens is based on him being lucky.

That doesn't really reveal jack. He could be a lucky idiot and everything has been pure chance, or he could be bullshitting. You choose to believe what you choose to believe.
Anyway as the other user already said, it's not really the point. He still lives by his own view on life to which his intelligence, or lack thereof, is inconsequential.

There's more than just the series?

I'm really sad that there's no actual song to go along with it, it's just the 90 seconds or so of OP fragment.

Yeah, there are some OVA episodes said to be a sequel. Though I've heard people complaining about visuals.

myanimelist.net/anime/1168/Musekinin_Kanchou_Tylor_OVA

Well isn't it actually the sequel? It adopts the further light novels of Captain Tylor though it doesn't get as far as Star President Tylor

There are two sets of OVAs.

The first one is a two part movie, Tylor's War (or Exceptional Episode), made by the same team as the main series and which I consider a great conclusion to the TV series.

hen there are 6 OVAs plus another two part movie which are made by another studio and are the setup of another conflict after Taylor's War, which will never be adapted and I cthink add little to the story. Although it has some nice parts about the everyday of the cast outside the Basedokaze.

No just lucky. Also, the flag is a tomato.

Wait, you mean there are translated Tylor books out there? Or did you just read it in Japanese?

Its Waaaaaay funnier if you watch LoGH first

Attached: Azalyn_2.jpg (305x319, 26K)

Or Yamato, now that I have seen that one too

Attached: Irresponsible Captain Tylor 01.png (640x480, 397K)