Was the Yorknew Arc the pinnacle of Anime kino?

Was the Yorknew Arc the pinnacle of Anime kino?

Attached: q3y03sr0u7l01.png (820x720, 446K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/lsy2si.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only the old version.

The new version had a better OST for that specific arc.

2011 is better than the old.

Chimera Ant arc was
files.catbox.moe/lsy2si.webm

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1280x704, 1.21M)

On first watch yes. Then it deflates faster than the hildenburg when you realize all that hype about Kurapika going against the Troupe ends in like 10 episodes and gets put on a bus forever.
Kurapika goes and fights Uvogin and you think the whole arc will be some sort of hunt full of fights like this but it never happens again. In fact it's especially egregious in the 2011 anime because almost at the end of the arc Kurapika sits down and explains to Gon and Killua his abilities with an original character song playing on the background and it looks like a very important scene, and I was like
>Holy hell how powerful and epic, this arc will get even better!
but no. He just explained all of his powers to them but didn't fight another spider again.

That arc is one big coitus interruptus, to put it one way.

>Kurapika goes and fights Uvogin and you think the whole arc will be some sort of hunt full of fights like this but it never happens again.

Well

Attached: 1550230707982.png (1280x720, 954K)

I know that happens but it's not as satisfying as the premise of hunting them all.
Kurapika felt the same though.

This.

No, but it was pretty good

Attached: 35788.png (500x289, 245K)

>Kurapika felt the same though
Because this arc was about him understanding that revenge brings nothing but misery, no?
Also, how story actually turned out with Chollo / Gon, Killua being kidnapped and Pakunoda trying to get person she values back mirroring Kurapika is much more interesting than generic shonen fights each episode in my opinion. This is what made this arc so special and memorable.
Also scene with Pakunoda passing down memories to Spiders while activating judgement chain on her heart and killing herself was pure kino.

Attached: 155231.jpg (970x524, 63K)

>Kurapika felt the same though.
I think that was the point, getting what you want is sometimes a real downer.

Did you really needed to start a thread for this?

It was very good but CA Arc was even better. Though, Succession War Arc will overshadow them both when it's done.

Attached: Chapter #383 - page 4.jpg (1315x1920, 460K)

>The haiku guy in a rap battle
Wtf I lov HxH again

Attached: A52304D6-A660-4BCC-AD5C-15C19DC51984.jpg (745x1248, 356K)

Trap Kurapika
Seeing that and knowing that Kurapika is a boy makes me want to puke

Imagine the succession war arc animated. I kinda wonder about the voice actors, sound effects, graphics, character design and the soundtrack. Can we also except some fillers and cut or changed contents?

Favorite HxH arc

1. Chimera Ants
2. Gyro
3. Yorknew
4. Succession War
5. Hunter Exam
6. Election
7. Greed Island
8. Heaven’s Area

Wtf this is everything I dislike about HxH being put together. Anti-climax, that's a good way to define it.
Togashi sets up fights and then doesn't deliver. Killua and Illumi as well, I thought Killua would have to fight to protect Alluka but he never threw a single punch during that arc.

Attached: 5FD7CF18-35F9-461E-8146-3B86DEF728C1.jpg (749x917, 287K)

>Pokkle and Ponzu could have made a cute couple had they not been killed by ants

This list was made by SnKfag shipperwhale, isn't?

Si