What was the point of this character?

What was the point of this character?

Attached: Shino_Aburame.png (985x737, 432K)

Being a cringe

The strong and silent type who likes bugs and therefore the girls don’t like him

Being the most interesting one out of all the genin and also the coolest powers. Also being lowkey based and never struggling in a fight.

He canonically does have a big cock

That's because his fights can only go two ways. If you can counter his bugs he loses if not he wins

Yea, just a shame he literally doesn't do anything after the chunin exams. Kishi gave up on him and a lot of other characters around that time for some reason

I wonder why he axes the series instead of developing all the characters

he sets a new low in being a weirdo ninja and thus made every other character look better

Well he failed because he's one of the coolest characters in the series

To be a waste of potential like 99% of Naruto character

The miroku of naruto

Mysterious and cool with a freaky ability. Unfortunately, Kishimoto made the worrying discovery that he made Shino too OP and repeatedly shafted him throughout the series. Shino was so neglected that it ended up being a joke within the series.

This. If Shino had been on the retrieval mission they would've had Sasuke back by the end of the week.

who could have had a chance against all out beetle fuckery in the chunin exams?
Gaara, Neji and maybe that one sound guy depending on how his powers would interact with Shinos come to mind. Lee too if he wouldn't fuck around and start opening gates as soon as possible. everyone else would get murked

Probably because it's hard to do good fights with him. Conceptually his bugs were an interesting power, but they're overpowered to the point that any villain he goes up against has to either be immune for some contrived reason or Shino will BTFO them with ease.

Wouldn't the bugs just absorb Lee's burst of chakra?
Shino was too OP.

Gaara and Neji like you said.

For Lee it would depend on how soon he got serious. If he tried to fight "normally" for the first part like he did with Gaara, Shino could probably stealthily cover him with bugs and suck away at his chakra before he could get serious.

Temari could easily play keepaway and blast the bugs way with her fan while keeping distance.

Kankurou technically. Their fight during the invasion ended in a draw. However, Kankurou merely got knocked out whereas Shino would have died from poison had his dad not showed up.

Shikamaru potentially if he knew about his power beforehand.

Honestly he's not that OP. He mainly relied on people not knowing about them and by the time they realized how they worked it was too late.

Sasuke had sharingan at that point, I don't think he'd be surprised by him. And I believe his fire techniques could be quite effective here.

Yeah, but he also knows how to use his bugs to get around counters. Like what he did to Zaku.

He's the worst opponent for Shikamaru, really. I don't think he stands a chance. And Temari will only win if he attacks head on and doesn't try to be sneaky (like he always does). She doesn't have eye magic to detect the bugs.

Yeah, I realized that Shikamaru would get hard-countered after I typed that. If if he managed to shadow bind Shino that wouldn't stop the bugs from being able to swarm him.
For Temari it depends if she knew about the bug beforehand. If she did it would be pretty easy to just keep her distance and use her fan. This is assuming they're fighting in the Chuunin Exam arena which wouldn't give Shino any cover to set up sneak attacks. Even without prior knowledge, her fighting style is still long ranged and in an open arena it seems like it would be hard to get anything set up.

>you now know that Kishi backlogged Shino so much because he disliked drawing his bugs
My boy got fucked over because his bugs were too cool.

Attached: Shino Aburame.jpg (864x1152, 220K)